• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mass Effect: Pathfinder

Error 420

One Thousand Club
I find myself in a sticky spot, absolutely in lovewith the concept of Andromeda, while the actual game leaves a lot to be desired, for a lot of reasons. Recently, I've come up with my own spin on the Andromeda concept that I think is a better service to the universe it's placed in. This does not follow the plot of Mass Effect Andromeda. This does not have the same worlds, people, species, or anything of the Andromeda video game. This is a new galaxy, teeming with new wonders and dangers. It will be using the Mass Effect D6 system, which I have found to be very simple and easy to pick up. If enough people prefer the use of another system, I may consider switching to Pathfinder, GURPS, Mass Effect D20, or building my own system.

Prior Mass Effect knowledge is not necessary, but maybe recommended.

Intro:

After the defeat of the Collectors by Commander Shepard, many feared for an actual Reaper attack. The few who believed Shepard were desperate, looking for answers, until they found it in the Council’s top secret Andromeda Initiative that had been put in place following the attack on the Citadel. The plan: Arks. Massive ships that were capable of supplying a crew of up to 5000 with a new home among the stars in the Andromeda Galaxy. They recruited “subjects” from the masses to embark on this journey on Salarian, Turian, and combined Asari-Human Arks. They had their sights on one cluster in specific, nicknamed “the cradle”. Scientific analysis proved that this area was full of worlds that could potentially support life. The crew and passengers were frozen for these 20 years as they journeyed into dark space, mere minutes after the Reaper attack began. As they launched from the undiscovered and secret relay built by an unknown civilization, they were looking back on the death of a galaxy.

They journeyed forth into the void of eternity, with one singular mission: find a new home. To this end, a few among the crew were Pathfinders: elite soldiers and scientists. You are embarking on the final step of your mission, and the beginning of your lives as members of the Pathfinder team. Your mission is to explore the galaxy, meeting new species, and finding a place for your species among the cosmos. Life for millions depends on you. Can you withstand the challenges presented in a new universe?

Mass Effect D6 Website (includes rulebook)

We currently have one person interested. This is a discord-based voice game, although if you want to play single-player I will go for a text-based game for you.

Last edited:
I'd be interested, and while I've played all three original ME's, I haven't played Andromeda. So that leaves me with two questions; first, are the Krogan still around? They are by far my favorite race in the series, and if possible I'd like to make a character for them. Secondly, are you designing this to be more like a DnD game? Is that why you'd like to do voice chat? I myself don't have much time on my hands for voice chat, so it would benefit me more if it was clarified.

I'd be interested, and while I've played all three original ME's, I haven't played Andromeda. So that leaves me with two questions; first, are the Krogan still around? They are by far my favorite race in the series, and if possible I'd like to make a character for them. Secondly, are you designing this to be more like a DnD game? Is that why you'd like to do voice chat? I myself don't have much time on my hands for voice chat, so it would benefit me more if it was clarified.

Well, the Krogan are still around, I just haven't been able to figure out a way to incorporate them into this RP. Also, yes, this is a voice chat tabletop game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back