• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mass Effect Andromeda - Retaliation Interest Check

Ryesona

The Emperor's Will Made Manifest
Mass Effect Andromeda - Retaliation

mass-effect-andromeda-wiki.jpg

The Archon is dead. The Nexus, the outcasts, and the Angara have made planet fall on Meridian. The pioneers that braved the journey from the Milky Way to Andromeda and Angara celebrate and mourn alike. Despite the legendary acts executed by Ryder’s pathfinder team, danger still encroaches upon the Nexus.

The Kett and the mysteries behind the Remnant still persist.

But not all can be a legend like Ryder or hold the office of a pathfinder. Some are ordinary individuals pressed into extraordinary circumstances. Disregarding the protests from those within the Initiative leadership that sued for scientific progress over the militarism movement ignited by the encounter with the Kett, Kandros and various others have taken the first steps to building a professional army of the Initiative.

Several years have passed since the conflict with the Heleus Archon. The Initiative has built up its military might with the help of the Angara. On the outskirts of Initiative-Angara controlled space, the Kett have returned to finish what the Archon couldn’t. To exalt the species who overcame one of their own.

Part of the Initiative-Angaran Alliance Unified Military Branches (IAA-UMB), we are a Pinnacle cell: operatives primarily recruited from APEX. Our mission is to be the vanguard against any dangers to, enemies within and without, the Initiative-Angaran Alliance (IAA). Based off the spectres, it is our job to eradicate the threat in its nascent form or, if that should fail, pave the way for IAA retaliation.

The Initiative didn’t come as conquerors.

Those who desire conquest found us.

Expectations

PLEASE READ THE BELOW. ALL OF THEM ARE IMPORTANT AND WILL AFFECT YOUR EXPERIENCE
  1. First and foremost, have fun! As your GM, I'm hoping to provide some level of immersion in the MEA world. There will be NPCs and supporting characters, which I will help track on the OOC page for your reference and reading pleasure.
  2. I will assume control not control or god mod your characters. However, I will write things that may impact your characters. Similarly, I expect folks to exercise good judgement and not godify their characters.
  3. To address the linear nature of the roleplay, there are set story points already plotted that we probably will not stray from. However, I have included some parts in the roleplay where y'all can voice your opinion on which branch we all want it go.
  4. As a response to point 3, feel free to talk to me! Suggest things! I'd like to foster a collaborative open forum type environment!
  5. While hostile, neutral, and friendly NPCs may be interacted with as you wish, the 'boss' enemies will be controlled by yours truly and be more involved in how to confront them. Hopefully, I can rely on folks' discretion to write appropriately when we encounter these figures.
  6. As expected, we will follow the rules of RPN. I also ask that if any concerns arise, be civil in resolving them.
  7. For post length, I don't want to mandate a post requirement. In my opinion, that kills the fun of writing. What I will say is minimize one liners as much as possible. Seldom is that enough for others to respond to. If you have concerns with this, ask me.
  8. On the topic of activity, I'm pretty sure the majority of us have lives outside of RPing. However, to prevent things from going full stop, I'd like to aim for ONE post per WEEK. I hope that's doable.
  9. If you need to take a leave of absence, that's fine. Let me know, and I will AUTO your character out of respect for everyone else.
  10. If you ghost/disappear and fail to respond to my messages or communicate with me, I will auto your character for TWO WEEKS in case you return. However, past that time, I will either find a way to dismiss your character or kill them off. Please know that I will not exercise this point on a whim. I'm trying to balance both individual and group interest.
  11. I will modify these as needed, and I will COMMUNICATE changes with you. Again, I am open to discussion. Please let me know if you have any concerns, and let's have fun!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Mass Effect Andromeda - Retaliation roleplay interest check. Since MEA is not being continued, I thought why not write a fan fiction or create a roleplay to fill the void? So here’s an interest check to see if anyone would like to join me on this adventure. I figured it’d be good to see if there’s any interest before starting an OOC, CS, Discord, or a IC thread (the roleplay will be conducted on the site. Discord is an option for OOC only, if folks are interested!)

Anyway, if you’re interested or have any questions about this roleplay, just post it here. This will be a linear roleplay (in that, we’ll follow specific story points; however, I’ve planned for character autonomy and shared decision making in between these story points) with a heavy emphasis on character development and such. At the end of the day, this should be a fun experience as opposed to feeling like work (that would suck :[ ).

I’d like to aim for 5-7 other individuals who’d be interested before starting things up. Given the perspective we’d be writing from, it doesn’t make sense for a Pinnacle cell to be large. I haven’t decided how to deal with character selection if interest exceeds 5-7 individuals. I’ll cross that bridge when it comes I suppose!

Anyways, that’s all I have for now! Ask questions, suggest, or throw in your interest. If you’d be so inclined!

Last edited:
What are you looking for in terms of post length?
Also if fewer than 5 people sign up will you still be willing to do this? Personally I've found that 5 people tends to be the upper limit when it comes to long-lasting roleplays, so I'd be fine with that.

What are you looking for in terms of post length?
Also if fewer than 5 people sign up will you still be willing to do this? Personally I've found that 5 people tends to be the upper limit when it comes to long-lasting roleplays, so I'd be fine with that.

Hello! In retrospect, I should've included an expectations/rules category. I'm not really a stickler for post length. I do ask for more than a one liner. Otherwise, I'd like folks to use their best judgement on how much to write depending on the character interactions, current action, and pace of the story.

Absolutely! 5-7 is the upper range. I'm more than okay with 2-3 others to mirror the traditional ME squad experience.

I hope that helps! I'll add an expectation section soon.

Hi, is it planned to use any dice system ?

Honestly, I've never used dice in an rp before. But I'm looking into it now, and it's something I'm considering for boss encounters and special activities. We'll see!

Ryesona Ryesona For this setting, has the Quarian Ark made it to Initiative-Angaran space?

Yes, I'm planning on having the quarians, drell, elcor, batarian, and the hanar present on Meridian. I noticed that there's a book out concerning the Quarian Ark, but I haven't read it. I'm going to break canon on how they got to Meridian, and how they rejoined the rest of the Initiative.

The OOC will be up soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back