• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Mass Effect Andromeda [Open: 3 empty slots]

Pardon me while I test out bbcode for the profile outlines...

Character Name

Species:

Class:

mass-effect-andromeda-27012017-0005-pc-games_b2article_artwork.png

Brief description:

• Content for skills

Last edited:
OK, for those of you who want to get started on profiles, I'll put the rules and outline code here now. Feel free to play with the code but please don't change the layout. Please also read the rules and outline below before making a CS. If you have any questions just post them here in this thread, until I set the actual one up.

Code:
[border=5px solid black][bg=Silver]
[h=Option] Character Name[/h]

[side=right]Species:

Class:[/side]

[center][heightrestrict=300] [/heightrestrict][/center]

Brief description:
[Tabs][Tab=Skills]
Content for skills
[/Tab]

[Tab=Weapons]
Content for weapons
[/Tab]

[Tab=Personality]
Content for personality
[/Tab]

[Tab=Virtues & Flaws]
Content for character virtues & flaws
[/Tab]

[Tab=Bio]
Content for bio
[/Tab][/Tabs]
[/bg][/border]

Last edited:
Overview

2819. After a 600 year voyage the Milky Way voyagers have arrived in the Andromeda galaxy, only, things are not quite as ‘golden’ as they were promised. The worlds are uninhabitable, but with the help of the human pathfinder and the technology of an ancient race simply termed ‘The Remnant’, things are slowly being turned around. The first colony outpost has been established successfully on Eos, yet the arks remain lost. APEX has just been started and there will no doubt be a few bumps in the road on the way to making it an elite task force. As the pathfinder continues, new worlds will become available and missions will be run in an increasing number of hostile environments. New species must learn to work together; old ones must learn to heal past wounds. Survival here is only possible with cooperativity.

The APEX strike teams are a special branch of the Nexus militia, combined with voluntary fighters from the Angaran resistance and the Krogan colony. As such, recruits will be mostly civilians with minimal training beyond what is given by the militia itself. That being said, there can certainly be a wide variety of combat skills recruited, from biotics to tech users, soldiers to backstreet brawlers. You can use the multiplayer class guides from either ME:A or ME3 to help you choose, though keep in mind the recruits are quite raw and won’t have the years of training required for some of the more advanced classes.

Rules

- Respect all of RpN’s rules and guidelines

- Respect the other players

- Please be consistent, minimum of 1 post per week, likely it will be more. If you are not consistent you may be asked to leave.

- I need reliable players, please don’t join if you think you will drop it in a week because you are too busy etc.

- Post minimum is one solid paragraph (i.e. 6 lines), anyone posting continuously below that is advised not to join.

- Classes from any of the 3 games will be allowed, custom classes must be approved by me before they are accepted.

- This is a purely text-based rp, no dice rolls to determine damage, no character stats etc.

- You must follow the profile outline I provide

- Length for personality and Bio sections should be at least 2 good paragraphs (6 sentences) and nothing but skills should be in point form

- Please put a brief description of each skill underneath the skill listed, you can copy, paste from the official descriptions

- Your CS must be approved before you can begin posting

- Absolutely no spoilers are allowed in the IC, OOC chat you may discuss the storyline and happenings but only in spoiler tabs. Please take this seriously. Nobody likes having a good thing spoiled.

- As of yet there are only a set number of milky way species in the Heleus cluster, if you wish to play a species not listed below you must ask me in a pm and come up with a very good reasonas to why they are there.

- Playable species: Human, Turian, Salarian, Asari, Krogan, Angara.

- Your character is automatically part of APEX, they are fighters. Please do not post characters that have no combat abilities, they will be refused.

- They are also mostly inexperienced, as the truly experienced fighters: the Asari commandoes, Salarian STG operatives and Turian officers already have jobs matching their skills within the Nexus. You will also not be playing any Krogan warlords.

- Just to make absolutely clear: this thread will include OCs only. No one will be allowed to play the main characters in the game.

Last edited:
SilverFlight SilverFlight Still interested and Turian is what I have drawn up, but I could make a male Quarian if we can add a thing about the Quarian's sending one or two people on the nexus since in the game all of them waited for their ark.

SilverFlight SilverFlight I would prefer Turian, but if too many people want to play Turian would pick Quarian as my second choice. I already have a lot of stuff drawn up for the Turian though. What forum do you want me to post the character sheet on?

Well here is what I have drawn up so far... The link will take you to the google doc I was drawing him up on. You said custom classes have to be approved by you anyway. If you want I can copy and past the information on here instead of you going to the link. I am not sure if any of the classes in the game has the three skills I want for him. Although I don't have a personality or description of his three skills on there yet.

Well here is what I have drawn up so far... The link will take you to the google doc I was drawing him up on. You said custom classes have to be approved by you anyway. If you want I can copy and past the information on here instead of you going to the link. I am not sure if any of the classes in the game has the three skills I want for him. Although I don't have a personality or description of his three skills on there yet.
I think that should be fine. Is your turian a cabal then?

SilverFlight SilverFlight My main thing about the Cabals is that they get trained rather hard and our people are supposed to start out rather green. He could have gotten only the basic cabal training before being picked for the initiative. Also got his personality and skill set up, just have to add in the BBcode and post it on the right forum.

SilverFlight SilverFlight My main thing about the Cabals is that they get trained rather hard and our people are supposed to start out rather green. He could have gotten only the basic cabal training before being picked for the initiative. Also got his personality and skill set up, just have to add in the BBcode and post it on the right forum.
Bio and personality are too short. Ideally I'd like that length doubled for each section.

Still hiccups in the bb code, but here is my character so you can reference. This is roughly what I expect in terms of length and format.

Tarka “Tark” Zey Aran

Species: Angara

Class: Anagran Insurgent

Tarka.jpg
Brief description:
Tarka’s skin is blue in colour, lighter on his face from his cheekbones down and spreading out onto the sides of his neck. He has a purple stripe trailing the center of his head right down to his chin and has a noticeable scar on the left side of his face. His eyes are also blue and seem to blend with his overall colour, though the light in them is hard to miss. He is small for a male Angara, standing half a foot below the average. Tarka usually chooses a combat suit fitted in an Angaran style and coloured black and teal.

• Shield boost
    Reinforces the shields of all nearby allies, providing a large initial boost followed by several seconds of ongoing shield regeneration.

Sentry turret
    Deploys an automated assault turret that fires two-burst shots every 3 seconds

Trip mine
    Deploys an explosive mine that triggers when an enemy comes within proximity of or crosses a sensor laser. Enemies suffer more damage the closer they are to the mine.

Last edited:
SilverFlight SilverFlight is a description okay instead of a picture though. I like the mental image I have of my turian, and can't really customize him, well other than his armor, if I go with an image of a turian on the multiplayer game.

SilverFlight SilverFlight is a description okay instead of a picture though. I like the mental image I have of my turian, and can't really customize him, well other than his armor, if I go with an image of a turian on the multiplayer game.
No worries, just delete the image code and keep the description header. I've updated the code.

I, the GREAT potassium ninja is interested! still accepting?
I am aiming on making a Asari or a Salarian, More aiming towards a Salarian.

Last edited:
SilverFlight SilverFlight How is this then -

Kirthos Baticus

Skin Color: Dark Blue
Species: Turian

Height: 6’5 (77 inches)

Weight: 235 pounds

Class: Cabal

Eye Color: Teal
Clan Markings: Green

Brief description:
An average looking Turian by at least as far as humans can tell, although from a Turian standpoint Kirthos is roguish-looking. Green clan markings form several circles on his fringe and several pointed fang-like markings across his face including one right between his eyes that ‘points’ towards his nose.His talons are kept rather sharp and he is roughly average height.

• Tactical Cloak - When activated, it instantly renders the Infiltrator invisible to all enemies and grants a damage bonus to all weapons. However, it also halts health and shield regeneration, leaving the Infiltrator vulnerable once the cloak wears off.

Energy Drain - Energy Drain saps enemies' kinetic barrier power to boost your shields. It travels in a straight line to the target, hitting instantly. Detonates primed targets.

Singularity - Deploys a gravity well that lifts and damages unshielded and unarmored enemies. Primes enemies for combo detonations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back