• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Masks, Rebellion, Government Corruption, Oh my! (interest check)

Could you wear a mask to everything?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Ineria

Knee High Sock Fanatic

291171fh185onrhg.gif

Masquerade.jpg

P L O T :. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The world ended a long time ago. Warfare is now something that brings fear in the oldest of hearts, for it was what had ended all of the progression that we know and love. The people of the Old World had turned on themselves because of religion or because of identity. Regardless, their individual desires had brought their very downfall. Their anger had marred the world in a way that no one could ever dream of recovering what they once had.

No, instead, the world was built anew. Or at least what was left of it. One country that was once filled with millions of people had now dwindled only to a couple of thousand. And these thousand of people looked to the Five that controlled their government. The most notable ruling from them all was to kill individuality, for it was what killed the people before them. Or so they told.

It is now law that one must always wear a mask. If anyone is seen without one, they will be imprisoned for the rest of their short life. After the many years that it has been, though, many don't seem to care for the law anymore. Their masks have become who they are and they feel naked whenever they don't have it on, even if it is but for a moment.

But since their home was dependent on so few people, it was open to corruption. These people were unwittingly getting away with being held on such high status and using that to gain more money and power so that their reign was indisputable. No one would ever challenge their rule.

That is until The Masquerade. A small group of rebels had taken home on the outskirts of the city, somewhere hidden among the wasteland just outside of town. It is there that they schemed ways to expose the government for what it was so that the people might rise up against it. Unfortunately, though, all it did was get many killed for their "insolence."

This enraged the elected leader of the Masquerade. He made it personal and did everything he could do in his willpower to gain numbers for his cause. He has tirelessly worked on his rebellion and hopes that one day the people of Avalon will be able to see each other's faces, to not be ashamed of who they are.

But it was not something he would see in his lifetime. Years have passed since the massacre of the Masquerade occurred and hundreds had come to aid the rebellion. The Commander had grown proud of his troops and was confident that they would make a dent in the security of Five. So they planned an attack against it in hopes of scaring the government just enough to wilt their own prides.

But someone had tipped the Five off. They were ready when the troops attacked and many were killed in action, including the Commander. Now, instead of his Second in Command stepping up, he has left a request for another to take the lead of his rebellion. The very own child of his that he had adopted after the massacre. The boy had grown used to war tactics and would often try to help his father when he was younger, so he's not completely inexperienced.

But he was a young man now and those years were gone. Was he capable of leading such a large mass of people to war? Would his approach towards it be different from the Commander's or would he try to be direct with it again?

This roleplay would be somewhere between intermediate and advanced with a minimum of three paragraphs per post. More details will be posted if I see that people are interested in this as a roleplay idea. However, I'm just trying to see if I should scrap it or not.

All opinions are welcomed. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]Ill join. I want to be a member of the masquerade.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the interest! ^^ If I ever get it up and running, I'll let you know.

RoyalPhoenix32 said:
Its seems interest but would it allow supernaturals in?
I did think about adding magic to the universe, but I don't think that it would benefit the setting much. It would make things a little too easy.

However, I did have an idea regarding a cult taking over a city for their selfish needs and wants to feed their specified demon. ^^

Not sure how that'd take on here either, but I'll have to marinate on that before I bring that baby into the world.

What was I saying? Oh yeah! lol

No supernatural elements. These are just people.

I'd join, but I must warn you, whenever I have such a large paragraph requirement, my "narrator" enjoys getting off topic sometimes just to stretch out the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back