• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Masks of Eternity

Squad141

The Purple Soul
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The night was dark.
The forest sat in ambience of the creatures that resided in it, mostly toads, frogs, birds, and various other mammals. The trees slightly swayed in the wind as the shack-like buildings lights popped on, and a figure stepped out. The guard, a man dressed in white and red, leaned against the wall. He sighed through his helmet, and looked up at the moon. It was shining brightly as the wind rustled leaves on the ground around his feet, crunching in the autumn air. The guard was stationed there as a sort of guard, as the Main manifested in him was especially useful for said job. He only had one co-worker, and they weren't exactly the best person to be stuck so closely to for more than half the night. Rubbing his face from beneath his helmet, The guard stretched, and readied himself to endure the rest and return to his job. But before he could, a clanking sound could be heard from the distance, coming up the small path that was made for the 'outpost'. The guard, confused at first, stood up straight and saluted the man when he realized who he was. The figure came walking up in decorous white and gold armor that reflected in the moonlight, which would draw attention if the person himself already wasn't well known. Most of his garb intimidated most of his enemies, including his helmet, which didn't even have any eyeholes, simply the symbol of his charge.
"Good evening, sir." Said the guard in his best polite impression. He began to sweat.
"At ease, soldier. I've come for an inspection." said the Knight, surprisingly clear under all that glamor.
The soldier nodded, and opened the door to the shack. His partner, a slacking guard with a ponytail, looked up in annoyance before realizing who was there and straightening herself out. The Knight walked in, looked around (by turning in a circle, as the shack was very small), then looked towards the guard.
" I am assuming that since there are no machinations here, your manifestations are what gave you this job."
A bit more relaxed now, the guard nodded, explaining how his partners was heat-vision, and his was particularly sensitive to sound. He even activated it for the Knight to see, as the guards eyes lit up with a scarlet glow.
"I'm capable of hearing many tiny noises at once, including the ability to enhance and diminish any at will."
"Well, in any matter it's good to see that the higher-ups have found some user from these somewhat useless manifestations."
About to say something snarky and probably ruinous to his career, the guard stopped. His expression also made the other two people in the room stop as well. The guard turned and exited the shack, hearing a different noise. Footsteps. Four-legged footsteps, to be exact. Most people would believe them be of an elk or an antelope, but this guard had trained his ears well. This was an impression of a deer, and a pretty good one at that. He called his partner over, and asked her what she sees. Channeling Main, his partner said that it was just a deer. And that's when another sound appeared. Two sets of footsteps running. Apparently he wasn't the only one hearing it, because the Knight was now holding a humongous golden scythe, and his partner was brandishing their spear. Sadly, they weren't about to be attacked, but were instead tricked. At the last second, they realized the running was going away from them, and though the Knight attempted to hold chase, the forest was too dense and one of the two perpetrators must have created multiple illusions to throw them off.
"But why would they try and go into a Hollow town?" asked his partner, as confused as he was.
"There's something new in that town. The rest is confidential, but I can tell you this: I didn't come for a mere inspection. Watch for more of them. I'll alert the Aces."
As he walked away the two guards looked at each other.

Dawn began to peak over the trees.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! You're probably wondering what you just read, and I'll just say that it's essentially a prologue to an idea for a Quest I've had for a while. The premise is that there is hidden world behind ours, full of magic and whimsy and crap, except its not. There may be magic, but there's classism, liberation, war and deceit everywhere you look. Even the towns we cannot see appear but have dark interiors. You'd be playing as a girl who's swept up in all of this by chance. In the beginning, she may seem special, but in the end you realize you're just someone caught up in something bigger.
Because in real life, there is no protagonist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back