What's new

Other masculine and feminine?

zedmododragon

little gremlin boy causing anarchy
what is your personal definition of masculine and feminine (energies)? if you exist somewhere outside the binary (like me) how do you define that?

Masculine see anyone born with a penis who doesn’t choose medical intervention to change it.

Feminine same as above but different genitals.

The rest I will not comment on.

zedmododragon

little gremlin boy causing anarchy
Masculine see anyone born with a penis who doesn’t choose medical intervention to change it.
Feminine same as above but different genitals.
what about intersex people who are born with both/neither/ variation of one or the other type gonad/genitalia ? what if their chromosomes give them a masculine body and/or secondary sex characteristics while their gonads are female? would you keep the same definitions for them?

Isn't it just the definitions, really?

Being masculine means something has traits typically associated with men, tall, muscular, robust etc. whereas feminine is the same, but for women. Obviously these traits don't apply to all men but if you were to draw your idea of a "traditional" or "average" man they would probably be featured.

CharmedRed

Too glam to give a damn
I think it’s more personality rather than any physical traits. I have friends who identify as male but have very feminine personalities ( at least the ones society deems feminine) & vice versa. I have a long term friend who is binary and they are the sweetest, most caring and probably the closest friend I have. I feel so bad when people make them feel otherwise due to their physical appearance. I don’t think there is any true way to define it however, as it’s more of a personal view point. I think when someone is comfortable around another person they give off their true energy versus when they aren’t and they give off the energy they expect the person to want.

Mia Moulop

And such good luck
Masculinity is what is typically associated with males. Femininity is what is typically associated with females. Not to say males can't be feminine and females can't be masculine, but it is more likely to see masculine males and feminine females.

Sunbather

Le photographe est mort
Masculinity and femininity are just that. They are for their own sake. They don't have attributes or properties other than that they are what they are. Everything ascribed as feminine or masculine is socially defined as such. Someone either is or isn't, not because of their bodies or behavior or expression or actions or interest, but just because they fundamentally are.

Masculinity and femininity are just that. They are for their own sake. They don't have attributes or properties other than that they are what they are. Everything ascribed as feminine or masculine is socially defined as such. Someone either is or isn't, not because of their bodies or behavior or expression or actions or interest, but just because they fundamentally are.
So it's arbitrary and we can call anyone masculine and feminine without adhering to a settled-on definition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)