• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel's Future Avengers Rewrite RP

Catro the Writer

Sorin High Baby!
Supporter
Now I posted this on the 1x1 forum, but I'd be down for a group RP for this as it is a pretty lengthy, and more experience needed RP idea... So here it is-

MarvelRP.png

So I finished season 2 of this show the other day, for those of you who don't know what Marvel's Future Avengers is... I don't blame you. As even I felt like this show was pretty obscure and weird. But to not give a whole plot view at this point, as we'll go into the plot in a bit.

Things also got a little long, so sorry about that. But I just wanted to make sure all the bases were covered, and when it comes to Marvel stuff. Aso with that in mind there are spoilers for not just the show but also multiple of the Marvel movies in this.

So this show focuses on Makoto, a young boy who dreams of being a hero and it is the only thing that he thinks of. Believing he and his friends were being trained to be heroes, they trained under Hydra to hon their skills. But one night his friends, the other main characters, Adi and Chloe come back from a mission and tell him the truth about Hydra. Escaping the island they join the Avengers and train to be heroes.
________
So I say I want to do a "Rewrite" of the plot because I really liked the concept of this show. I reminded me of the Heros of Tomorrow, and I hoped that it would be a successor of that movie. Sadly, that was not the case in this show. I'm not sure if it was an error in translation from Japanese to English or just some lazy writing. But it got to be a chore to watch the show sometimes, as it had unoriginal plot points and ideas, undeveloped characters, that some point where almost one note at some points. Makoto was the chosen one, Adi was the tech guy, and Chloe was.... the girl. Then none of those things changed from season to season, with the only main difference being they added a fourth character, Bruno, who only spoke to make some underhand comment to whatever was said.
Then there was the fact that the three are training to be heroes. But only Adi ever seeks out to be better than what he is. After struggling with something he had to do for Hydra he learns Ironman also had a troubled past but became a hero. Though that whole idea is ended in like three sentences with Ironman saying "Get over it. Then Adi makes a deal with Hawkeye so that the hero would train him. While Chloe never really shows any desire to be a hero, and only reacting to the situations happening around her. Then Makoto literally whining and complaining any time they show him doing any training, but he's the special snowflake of the show.

There's also plenty of actual heroes who come around and try to help the three. Mrs. Marvel, Spider-man, Dr. Strange, and even Deadpool makes TWO appearances... But this leads to a different problem I have with the show... The whole thing lies heavily on the movies and the events that take place in them... Which is a problem when the movies were still being made. (Spoilers for end game I guess) Tony dies at the end of Endgame, but he's alive in the TV show. Then there's a whole deal with the Winter Soldier that I won't get into.

The main problem with the movies being an inspiration for these versions of the heroes is that sometimes the movies are flat out referenced in the show, but it is like the specific scenes happened but things stopped right there until that episode. I mentioned Ironman and the Winter Soldier, but this happens in Captian America's story for the show. Then there are characters like Spiderman, who is a teenager still I would think he would be older like for into the Spiderverse, whose stories have barely taken place and they actually find out who the green goblin and defeat him in one episode.

Though there were plot points that I really liked in both seasons. The main point being the "Emerald Crystle". The Emerald Crystle is the main push for both season one and season two. Makoto and Bruno get their powers from the energy that the Emerald Crystal. Even some of the events of season 1 that aren't ever resolved to arch their way into season 2

(Spoiler for Season 1+2)
In season one the villain tries to use the crystal to turn everyone on Earth into super soldiers so he could control them to add to his army. Then in season 2, it is used to turn people into mutants so the Inhumans and the humans would go to the world.

END OF SPOILER (for now)

Even some of the events of season 1 that aren't ever resolved arch their way into season 2, like how Ms. Marvel gets her powers.
Then I love the idea of the Avengers and other heroes helping the next generation of heroes. But I just wish it was done better.
The villains didn't just do things, they had a purpose for doing the things they did. Even if some of it was just because they were told to do it, it never was because they were evil
_______
I feel like I really focused on what I didn't like about the show, and that wasn't my goal. This show was still cool to watch, the animation was done well, the overall story was interesting, and there were a lot of things they could've expanded upon. But a lot of its writing problems were obvious. What it did right, it was done fantastically. But what was done wrong was obvious.

Now to talk about the RP.

Obviously, the RP is going to be rewriting the plot of the show, I think that much is given. But there are specific things that I would like to focus on that the show didn't.

Situations like the kid's training to be heroes and Makoto just showing up and giving some small speech and saving the day. I would want a character who "training" to be a hero to actually show their training did something, and not unlocking a new power when it's convenient. But this would go for characters like Chloe, as there's both Mrs. Marvel and Black Widow in the show, not to mentioning the Wasp whos with the three almost constantly, that could specifically do one on one training with her and maybe even Ms. Marvel.

The struggle Adi has with the things he had done for Hydra would be a thing, and if anything intensified. As in the show, it's barely brought up even though it's one of his defining character flaws. So this would be a good chance for Ironman to step up as a mentor for the kid. Then his training with Hawkeye would be cool as in the show he makes a good argument as to why the archer should be his mentor.

Then this one was my first thought of doing this rewrite, there's an episode where Makoto has a huge chunk of his power drained by villains, and accidentally given to Deadpool. The main goal of that was to drain Makoto of his powerfully, which didn't happen of course. But after this point I would like for him to be powerless for a while, his body needing to recharge his energy. So he would get stuck like that for a while and have to do some actual kid stuff. Then on that point, I am a huge fan of slice of life stuff in shows like this where the kids pause and do normal stuff. So we could figure out some breaks in the plot to do that stuff.

Then lastly, and maybe the weirdest that goes completely off the plot as this character was still a villain at the end of season two. I would like to see Loki join the Future Avengers at the end of where we would be at the end of season 1, or where we would pick up season 2. In the show Loki being Loki he claims to have had a change of heart. Then tricks the Avengers to fulfill his own task. This leads up to Loki almost losing his life. So the idea behind this is that Loki would be sent to Asguard with Thor, where Loki really has change of heart and accepts his punishment, but suggests that his father sends him back to Earth with Thor. But as a child with his magic powers severely limited to that of an Earth child around the age of 9-12 would have.

_____

I believe that's all that I have for this RP. A lot of time went into this, so if you read it all the way through thank you. I hope you will want to try this RP out with me.

Is this accepting by chance? If so are Oc’s acceptable because I have a brilliant idea for a Syrian mutant who has become rather infamous in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back