• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Maeve looked at him in curiosity and eagerness as she asked how he had done it. Honestly, she was impressed, she couldn't deny that. And she was curious to hear him explain and talk about it more. As he spoke, she looked over to him, smiling a bit as they spoke "That's quite useful. I think it's smart. Many people don't worry of the enemy that doesn't physically look like a threat. Like Thor, who's a whole lot of muscle. But you're just as much a threat as anyone else with magic like that" she commented, still amazed she hadn't even realized it was an illusion the entire time.

When he mentioned his offer, yet being locked up in the cell, she smirked a bit "Don't think I'm going to let you out for that. Nice try" she teased, though still watched him curiously "I think you should still try. I can see you perfectly fine, so I bet I could learn. After all, you said the books were getting a bit old for you, didn't you? Or....when you say it would be difficult....you mean too difficult for you to do?" she smirked challengingly at him.

~

"Humiliating you?" Peter snapped at the other in disbelief "You thought that was humiliating? Yet you, Flash, and all your other jock friends do the same exact thing to me almost every day. If your logic for this is revenge for humiliation, then I should have the right to be getting back at you" he snapped at the other in irritation, not realizing it wasn't really Jase himself that was in control.

He didn't have time to really talk it out with him, as Peter was hoping he could though, as Jase was already cutting away at the webbing from both of the separate nets. He panicked as he looked back and forth, trying to think quickly. There was no way he could just choose, and he wasn't going to. That's exactly what Jase wanted him to do, and so he would find another way. Instead, he went after Jase himself. Jase wouldn't be able cut his webs if he was stopped, or busy fighting Peter.

The symbiote reacted quickly as it formed around Jase's face and quickly made a mask like structure over his face. The teeth were elongated and it screeched as Peter made a move towards him. He hadn't thought that Peter would actually had the guts to go after him but yet here he was. Jase pounced on Peter and grabbed at his skull and tried to crush it.

Hailey did her best to hold on and try to pull herself up but she could feel herself slipping. She tried to think about what she could do but there were few and dwindling options. She looked over her shoulder and saw that the bus was starting to slip.
~
Loki smirked and shook his head. "I hardly think you're ready for that," he replied with a smile, "Besides magic takes a long time to acquire. By the time you do learn enough to use it in battle you'll be too old to fight." He leaned back against his bed and shook his head. "Besides I think my secrets are better left unsaid."

He really had just wanted to tempt her with the idea. He knew the magic but that didn't mean he could teach it even if wanted to. He looked over at her after a moment and raised a brow. "How did you learn to control your...ice?" he asked.

Maeve shrugged her shoulders a bit when he said she wasn't ready along with how long it would take "Well, you seemed to master it pretty well and you're still fairly young. Plus, it's not like you're going anywhere, so time isn't really an issue" she smirked over at him, before he seemed pretty set on not actually teaching her anything.

When he asked about her ice, she thought about it for a moment "Well, lots of practice, that's for sure" she started off as she recalled the way she had to learn "living in the environment my people do, we kind of are forced to learn it early on. My ability to control ice is genetic for my people, but in a way it's also kind of like magic. But it's an element, so it's a lot different than your kind of magic. I learned to control it through interacting with the element of my environment itself" she explained, before adding "More specifically....my parents deserted me in the middle of no where in the glaciers. I suppose I learned through survival instinct" she shrugged her shoulders.

~

As Peter lurched for Jase, he was thrown off by the appearance of the mask, it almost...looked alive. He shook it off though, knowing he didn't have time to focus on that, as he grabbed at the male, though Jase was faster, and instead through him to the ground - or technically the ground of the top of the roof. He struggled against him as he kept the male from bashing his head into the ground.

Managing to flip them over, Peter took a glance over at Hailey and the bus quickly, before throwing Jase off to the side, and shooting several layers of his webbing at him to hopefully hold him down. Hopefully. Or at least spare him enough time. He then quickly rushed over to the bus, which was slipping fast than Hailey due to it weighing a lot more. The bus was increasingly snapping through the webbing that held it, and Peter quickly shot his own webs out, catching it and trying to keep it from moving too much.

Hailey felt her hands slipping and eventually she let go. She let out a yelp before hitting Peter's newly formed web. She let out a sigh of relief before looking over at him. She knew Peter was going to be in trouble if this fight went on too long. Jase was stronger and faster than Peter and that would end up wearing him down.

Jase snickered as he grabbed Peter and threw him into the roof of the building. "Id pick one if I were you Peter or I'll go ahead and pick for you," he said with a smirk, "Either way you have blood on your hands."
~
Loki shook his head slightly. He wasn't really the best teacher simply because he had 0 patience for anyone. His mother was such a good teacher because she never grew angry when Loki didn't understand. She would always try to explain it in another way so that Loki could understand what she was saying. He wasn't really big on doing that.

He listened though as she explained her ice powers and how she managed to get those under control. He was rather surprised though when she stated her parents deserted her. His really parents had done the same to him and honestly the only thing he had to thank Odin for was bringing him to Asgard. Without that he would surely be dead. "I didn't know that about you," he confessed.

As Maeve explained to Loki how she had to learn to control her ice abilities, she noticed the surprise over his face momentarily, and smiled a bit as he commented that he didn't know that about her. "Of course not. Unless you can read minds, how were you to know that about me? Until today, you haven't asked much about me" she pointed out.

She shrugged her shoulders a bit as she remembered those times she struggled to gain control over the element that almost killed her "Such a thing is common among my people. Though, my parents were a bit harsher about it than most others, they also weren't the first. But in most cases, once old enough to physically be able to use these abilities with ice, children are taught to learn control over it through exposure to the element itself" she shrugged her shoulders.

~

As Peter was trying to focus on keeping the bus from breaking through the netting and falling, he heard Hailey's scream. His eyes quickly darted over to her and he quickly shot out another smaller web to catch her, though, it was only a quick action, and wouldn't hold her for long. Just as he was about to make his way over to her, he grunted out as he felt Jase tackling him to the ground again.

Hearing Jase continue to talk and mock him how he'd have blood on his hands, he shook his head "I don't think so, Jase" he spoke determined, shoving him off of him again and throwing him off the side of the roof. He knew that wouldn't damage him, but again, Peter was just trying to buy himself some time. He needed to save Hailey, and those people. If he could just get Hailey first, she was only one person, then he could worry about the group of civilians in the bus. He quickly swung his way over to her, grabbing onto her "I'm going to need you to do the holding on, can you manage?" he asked, making sure she was okay, before making his way onto the roof. On his way though, Jase had cut the string of web he was using mid-swing, causing them to fall. He instinctively wrapped an arm tighter around Hailey's waist to him, using his other to shoot out another string to the roof, catching them.

Jase was rather surprised at Peter's strength as he threw him off. He glared at him as he made his way over to Hailey. Hailey got up when she saw Peter step onto the web and immediately hugged him. It was a relief to see him alive and realitively ok. She looked at him for a moment before nodding quickly. She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

Jase smirked slightly when he saw Peter take off with Hailey in his arms. He quickly cut the webbing and watched them start to fall before turning his attention to the bus of people. Hailey let out a yelp when she felt them start to fall but she hung on tightly to him, but he quickly shot another web into the sky to keep them afloat.
~
Loki rolled his eyes slightly at her comment. She was starting to pick up his sassy tendencies. He wasn't too excited about that. Sass was usually his thing but he didn't like it when people tried to use it against him. "Or perhaps I'm just smart and I could figure it out for myself?" he suggested with a roll of his eyes.

Loki scoffed slightly as he thought back to his childhood. "I don't believe my mother and father were just leaving me behind for the my own good," he replied with a shake of his head. In his mind, the people of Jotunheim were still a bunch of monsters though he was one himself. It was a complicated relationship but that's how he honestly felt.

She smirked a bit when he acted like he was smart enough and could have figured it out for himself "You are smart. But you just said you didn't know this about me, so you couldn't figure it out for yourself" she pointed out as she crossed her arms over her chest. Hearing him explain how his parents likely didn't leave him behind for his own good, she shrugged her shoulders.

"At least that means you have a reason to hate them. I was just supposed to accept what my parents had done because it was pretty normal. I was expected to thank them for it" she said with a sigh and a shake of her head "Anyways" she spoke up again "I should probably get going before Thor wonders where I've gone. Again." she sighed a bit "But don't worry, I'll be back soon enough, so you don't have to miss me too much" she smirked teasingly at him.

~

Peter let out a slight sigh of relief as he was able to save Hailey, for now, anyways. He quickly moved to the street ground to set her, not wanting to set her on the roof where Jase would easily be able to get to her if he decided to. He quickly set her down on the ground "Stay here" he urged her, knowing how capable she herself was, but didn't want her in any more danger if he could help it. Plus...he felt this was something between Jase and himself.

After setting her down, he let go and quickly made his way back up to the rooftops, noticing Jase making his way for the bus. Peter quickly shot out a string, wrapping it around Jase's ankle and tripping him so he couldn't get there before him. He then yanked him back just as he heard the civilians in the bus screaming louder momentary, and looking over, the buss had slipped more from his webbing he'd made. He quickly threw Jase to the side, where he tied him up with his webbing, hoping it would last long enough for him to save the people. He made he way to the bus, where he quickly caught it from falling further.

It wasn't long after that they finally made it to the ground, and Hailey couldn't be more thankful. She looked at Peter for a moment before watching him run off to stop Jase from killing anyone inside the bus. Jase was quickly starting to go towards the bus to slash Peter's web but he wasn't fast enough. He felt the webbing wrap around him. He growled and did his best to try and rip through it but it was a lot tougher than he had through it was going to be.

Jase hissed as he watched Peter catch the bus to prevent it from falling. Finally he managed to break free of Peter's webbing and he got up. He snickered and managed to tackle Peter once he put the bus on the ground. "I've had just about enough of you!" he growled before managing to cut his chest. He was about to do it again, but Hailey wacked him off of Peter with a hunk of metal that had fallen from the roof. Jase winced and hissed at her. "When I get done with him, I'll make sure you die too," he growled.
~
"Perhaps I could have if I really would have cared enough to do so," he snapped back at her. He knew that wasn't true. As much as he wanted to have it, he couldn't read people's minds. It was one thing that he wished he could do though since he wasn't really the best at reading people's emotions. That would actually make his life a lot easier.

He wanted to speak more to her about her parents and what she liked to do to forget about them. Loki had a difficult time with that. He just wanted to be on his own but it was becoming more apparent that he couldn't get by just on his own. Both in a physical and mental sense. He nodded sharply to snap his mind out of it. "O finally," he said with a roll of his eyes, "Please don't be so eager to return to me. I know I'm just a joy to be around but really I could use less doses of you." He was lying of course he was actually starting to become curious about her.

She rolled her eyes a bit with a smile "Sure sure" she said with a smirk when he said he could have if he really wanted to. She then mentioned leaving before hearing his typical kind of indifferent words towards her "sure" she rolled her eyes sarcastically, knowing he was lying but just went with him on it, before waving to him and leaving him be for that visit. It was interesting noticing him slowly becoming more interested in her, though still trying to act like he could care less. And with his grow in interest, their conversations became more interesting too.

She was still curious about Frigga though. Perhaps Maeve would try and speak to her privately, and just casually bring Loki up. Even though Loki said he hadn't been lying about his mother knowing of Maeve and her visits and everything, she knew she shouldn't entirely trust Loki. Even though...part of her couldn't help but want to.

~

By the time that Peter had safely lowered the bus to the ground gently with his webbing, he was exhausted. The buss was heavy, and it took an extreme amount of control to keep his web strong enough and not slipping grip from the hold on the bus as he lowered it, his muscles strained and exhausted at the control it took. So when he finally set it on the ground, he hadn't even a moment to recover before he felt himself tackled to the ground, and he yelled out in pain a bit as the male gashed through his chest.

He clenched his teeth in pain, struggling to fight Jase off at that moment, but thankfully Hailey had saved him - even though he hadn't wanted her to get involved further and risk herself. While Jase was momentarily distracted with her, Peter tackled him to the ground again, shoving him down and pinning him there as he tied his hands behind his back with his web securely so he couldn't rip at it or anything, he then began to attempt to rip the mask off of Jase.

Hailey backed up slightly as Jase looked like he was about to make a move on her but Peter was quicker. He tackled Jase to the ground and began to pull at the mask. The symbiote did it's best to try and bite at Peter but it had no such luck. It would pull away from Jase a bit but it would shoot little talons out and stick them back onto Jase's face.

Hailey ran over to try and help Peter as she attempted to pull Jase away from the symbiotes clutches. She dropped the little metal bar she had used to hit Jase away and it landed with a loud clatter. The symbiote roared out in pain and it began to release Jase a bit more. She looked at Peter before quickly grabbing the metal piece again and banging it against the ground. The symbiote roared in anguish and in pain as it started to release Jase.
~
Loki rolled his eyes at her response but he carefully managed to watch her leave without her noticing. He wanted to talk to her more. He really had never met anyone like her. She seemed to understand what he was going through, and she appeared to be the only person out there who was actually wanting and trying to understand him. The similarities between the two intrigued him. He took a deep breath before leaning against his bed once more.

He wondered if she would actually speak to his mother. He really hadn't been lying. Frigga had actually brought it up to him. He figured the reason she was letting all of this go was because it really wasn't going to hurt anyone, and also probably thought that Loki needed someone by his side. He needed more than just his mother to talk to and she was right to think that way.

Maeve left and headed back to Thor, who'd hardly noticed she was gone. Not because he didn't care, but she had left when he was busy with other friend he was talking to. It was a celebration of sorts for another one of Thor's victories with some other fight he had to go resolve recently, so there was a lot of people around and it was easy for her to slip away, even for as long as she had.

She managed to find Frigga out on the balcony, and hesitated a moment in thought before approaching her and joining her. At first they just talked about Thor, and his victories and such, before Maeve ended up bringing up Loki. Which wasn't unusual, after all they had technically met through Loki, when he was being tried for his crimes and all, and they seemed to bond a bit on the fact they had similar views about the whole thing. "So how has Loki been doing? Have you been able to visit him yet?" she asked curiously, keeping the questions neutral as to not make herself suspicious.

~

Peter struggled to try and pull the mask-like material off of Jase, but the more he tried, the more he realized that it really did seem to be something alive, apart from Jase. "What the hell is this thing?!" he snapped in frustration at not getting anywhere with pulling it off, and it would only attack him and secure back onto Jase's face.

When Hailey dropped the metal bar, he paused a bit in surprise at the way it reacted before looking at Hailey, who had the same thoughts as him. She hit it again, and the symbiote reacted more releasing its clutches from Jase as Peter continued to hold on to it to tear it off, before it finally fully came off the more Hailey banged the metal rod, and he tossed the thing to the side off of Jase.

"I don't know!" she answered as she looked at the goo. Hailey watched as Peter worked on freeing Jase from the grasp of the alien. She continued to bang the metal piece against the ground. Eventually Peter managed to pull the mask and suit off of Jase. Hailey moved back as Peter did so and watched as the goo attempted to crawl back towards Jase but Hailey quickly hit the ground with the metal piece and it backed off.

She waited a moment as she watched the symbiote to ensure that it wouldn't make another move before running over to Peter. "O my god are you ok?" she asked quickly as she checked his chest where the symbiote had scratched him, "Oh Peter you got stop getting into trouble for me."
~
Thor smiled when he saw her wandering about before turning his attention back to the person who was speaking to him. It was one of his father's friends who wanted to talk to him about the previous fight that Thor had been in.

Frigga on the other hand ignored most of the party goers. She preferred more peaceful neogotiations than big battles. She saw fighting as a last resort unlike her husband and her son. But she had kept her mouth shut in order to keep the peace. She turned her attention to Maeve and smiled slightly. "Somewhat," she replied with a nod, "Though I believe you have seen him more than I have."

Maeve had caught Thor's eye and noticed him smiling over to her, and she gave a small smile back and a wave, though didn't bother him as he seemed to be in the middle of a conversation with someone. She instead glanced around for Frigga, before soon finding her on a balcony and meeting her out there to speak with her. Everyone else was so preoccupied with the celebration itself inside.

As she spoke up, she was a bit surprised at Frigga's words. Even though Loki told her he hadn't been lying...she still hadn't entirely believed it. She was silent for a moment, before speaking up "So you did know" she clarified softly as she looked to her "You don't seem bothered in the least. Why?" she asked curiously. Even if Frigga was more caring and worried about Loki than Odin, she still would have thought the woman wouldn't tolerate her technically breaking the rules and all.

~

Peter was relieved they finally managed to get the thing off of Jase, and he tossed it to the side, hoping it would just stay there and couldn't do anything without a host of sorts, like it has used Jase. Unfortunately it didn't, and started to crawl back to Jase's unconscious body, though Hailey stopped it by hitting the metal again. Peter took the metal pole, and slammed it on top of the symbiote and to the ground where he stayed beneath it unable to really move out from it.

He sighed with relief, backing off then as he moved to sit back, catching his breath before Hailey was quickly at his side, and noticing his large wound on his chest. "I'm fine" he shook his head, though not having realized how much he had been bleeding "Check on Jase" he motioned to the unconscious male, wanting to make sure he was still alive and okay, and hopefully just unconscious - he didn't know what that thing had done to Jase to control him like that.

Hailey looked at him with worry and fear in her eyes. She wanted to argue but instead she nodded slightly and went to Jase. Soon the police were on the scene. They assessed Jase and found that he was fine but they took her to the hospital just in case. News reporters immediately started to try to get a shot of Spider-Man.

The police managed to usher them away from Hailey as the reporters tried to shout questions at her. She kept her eyes on Peter as they ushered her away from him.
~
Frigga looked over at her quietly. "Because I think you might be good for him," she replied with a slight nod, "He needs someone to talk to other than myself." She knew she would need to defend her should Odin ever find out but she was going to do her best to make sure that wasn't necessary.

"Loki has never had anyone but me care for him," she continued, "I only hope that you care for him the way I think you do. I also don't think Thor will be hurt should he ever find out. So this works for now and I plan for it to continue to work."

Maeve looked to Frigga as she spoke thinking her visiting Loki would be good for him. She remained quiet as she listened to her explain how important and good of an idea that Frigga seemed to believe this was. Maeve smiled a bit, and nodded her head lightly "I do care. Don't tell him that though, he doesn't need to know" she smiled a bit, glad she seemed to have Frigga's approval about what she was doing.

Maeve actually felt comfortable with Frigga knowing. She had been worried at first, but it was nice to know she had Frigga's approval and support. Smiling a bit, she looked to the woman "Well, in that case, I have a question about him" she asked as she looked to the woman "The book you most recently sent him, a collection of elven stories. Did you think of it, or did he ask for it?" she asked curiously, knowing that Loki's response when she had asked was indirect, and he wouldn't tell her himself if he was asking for it.

~

Peter watched as she went to take care of Jase, and he was glad to see he seemed fine, for the most part, just unconscious. He was getting up just as others were arriving, police and medics and everything. As Hailey was being led away by a paramedic to be brought to the hospital to be checked over and everything, Peter had already disappeared before the police or reporters could really get to him.

By the time he got back home, he was weak, and stumbled in through his window, clattering over his desk and knocking some things over. He cursed a bit as he caught himself on his desk, stripping of his suit as he started to take care of his chest injury. By now he'd learned to keep a large stock of medical supplies.

Hailey was taken to the hospital and checked over before being released. She hurried back to Peter's apartment complex to get her car but she paused before hurrying to Peter's window. She climbed up and found that his window was still left open a bit.

"O my god, Peter," she said as she looked at his chest, before hurrying and grabbing a washcloth. She hurried and locked his door just in case his aunt heard the racket. She took a deep breath before gently dabbing at his wound.
~
Frigga smiled slightly and shook her head. "I doubt he would want me to tell you," she replied with a smile. She knew he had asked for it but she really hadn't ought to question it until later. She nodded slightly before answering. "He asked me for it," she said with a smirk.

"Don't tell him though," she commented with a shake of her head, "He would freak out and never speak to me again. Or at least he would threaten not too. I doubt that would last but even so I would keep it to yourself. He just...doesn't like to let people know that he cares for them because he believes that once they know he cares for him he will get hurt by them."

At first Maeve thought Frigga's response meant that she wasn't going to tell her. Well, it would make sense the woman take her own son's side than her own. She listened as she continued though, before explaining how he had asked for it, though often tried to hide when he cared about others and why. She smiled a bit softly and nodded her head "I won't tell him, don't worry. By now I've learned how quick he is to close up whenever something like that is brought up."

Maeve continued to spend time talking with her for a while, before eventually it got later. Maeve spent a little more time with Thor, to keep up her appearances and everything, before eventually the celebrations were over and she was heading back home until her next visit.

~

Peter was sitting in his desk chair, trying not to get blood on anything since the wound was pretty deep and bad. Normally, it would need stitches, but Peter couldn't exactly go to a hospital. He had stitched up his own wounds before, though it certainly wasn't on the top of his list of things he enjoyed doing. He had pulled the top half of his suit off and his mask, leaving him shirtless and a bloody mess as he tried to clean himself up.

He jumped a bit when he heard Hailey's voice, looking over at her and sighing a bit "You didn't have to come here, you should be resting" he said as he took the wash cloth from him and with the warm bucket of water he had, began cleaning the wound and his chest. He hissed a bit in pain, clenching his teeth a bit at the burning pain.

Hailey bit her lip slightly as he started to clean his wound. "I'm know I'm sorry," she whispered as she dabbed at his chest, "and I'm fine Peter. I don't need to rest. I'm more worried about you right now." She sighed slightly and shook her head.

She cleaned his wound until he stopped bleeding. "Im sure you think of me as some stupid damsel in distress," she replied quietly with a shake of her head, "I know I think that now. I should have just fought him off when I had the chance but I second guessed myself."
~
Frigga smiled slightly and nodded. "I appreciate your loyalty," she said with a slight bow of her head, "You're a wise young woman, Maeve. I think very highly of you and I know Loki does as well and that is a rarity."

She was drawn away from her after a while to go and be at Odin's side. She was reluctant to go as she did want to speak a bit more to Maeve about her own life and such but she didn't want to make Odin suspicious. Soon after she left and Frigga went to speak with Loki about the girl.

Maeve smiled a bit to Frigga and nodded her head lightly. Her words meant a lot to her, and she was glad she could at least trust Frigga. She wasn't entirely sure she was right when she spoke that Loki thought highly of her though. Maeve noticed Loki was slowly becoming a little more friendly to her than he had been before, but she didn't think it be as much as Frigga was making it sound to be.

Eventually Maeve went back to Alfheim once the celebrations were over. It wasn't all too long until their next visit, as, after all she and Thor were trying to grow emotionally attached to each other, as Odin wished. Though, Maeve wasn't really trying, obviously, but she had to keep up appearances. And honestly she doubted Thor was trying either, since his heart was already set on someone else.

~

Peter just shook his head, but it took him a second to find his voice since he was afraid it would crack under the pain if he tried speaking in that exactly moment "You don't have to...apologize" he breathed out, exhaling deeply as he tried to relax, leaning back a bit in the chair as he glanced to her as she finished up cleaning his wound "You really don't have to do this, you know..." he spoke as he grabbed the bandages and tape-adhesive stitches to help hold the wound together until it could heal more.

As she started talking about being a damsel in distress, he sighed and shook his head "You are not, Hailey. You're one of the strongest people I know. I mean, you fought an Alien army, how cool and amazing is that? You're definitely not a damsel in distress" he said with a smile, trying to cheer her up a bit.

She shook her head slightly when he started to grab a bit of medical supplies. He had clearly done this before and that upset her but she didn't say anything. She didn't want to upset him anymore than he already was. "Oh please," she said with a slight smile, "I would hardly call that cool."

She looked at him for a moment and shook her head. "You know I think what you did was pretty cool," she said with him, "I mean without you I'd be dead or maybe worse. You really are my favorite neighborhood Spider-Man."
~
Thor met up with Maeve a few weeks later and he was rather upset. He couldn't do this anymore. He needed to go back to Earth and tell Jane what was going on. He felt guilty hiding this for her. He almost felt like he was cheating on her.

"Maeve," he said quietly before stopping her by taking her hand, "I know we promised to do this but...I just...I don't think I can. I feel like I'm cheating on Jane. I just feel like she deserves than what I'm doing to her. I just can't do this to appease my father anymore. He needs to know that I want to be with her even if that means giving up the throne."

Maeve was meeting Thor again, just as usual it was another visit for them to hang out and try to grow closer, or appear like they were trying anyways, since neither of them really were. As she walked with Thor, she paused when she suddenly felt him take her hand and stop her, and she turned to face him curiously, seeing that something really seemed to be troubling him.

As he spoke, she quietly listened to him explain that he couldn't do this any longer, and again about his feelings for Jane, throne or no throne. She was a bit surprised to hear he was willing to give the throne up, but smiled a bit as she looked at Thor "I understand" she nodded her head lightly "Honestly Thor...I do very much enjoy your company. But I can't think of you as anything more than a close friend. I do hope we can stay that way at least though" She said with a light smile.

~

As Peter was closing up his wounds with the tape and bandages, he looked to her with surprise when she didn't think that was cool. "Are you kidding me? It was a whole army of aliens! I mean, yeah, sure, I didn't really enjoy fighting them and, y'know, the risk of the world quite literally on our shoulders and everything, but I mean, aliens. Actual aliens, Hailey, from outer space! How could that not be cool?" he grinned at her.

Finishing up bandaging himself and everything, he looked over his work to make sure it all would stay and work, before looking back at Hailey when she commented on him. He blushed a bit, smiling shyly as he glanced away from her "Well I would hope so...I'm the only spider-man around."

Hailey smiled and shook her head. "You're such a nerd," she giggled with a shake of her head. She thought it was cute though. The way he would get all excited about things like that. She had never met anyone with such a passion for science. "Either way you're still my favorite," she replied before getting up off his bed.

She cleaned up his mess and threw the bandage wastes away. "I um...I just wanted to thank you for saving me," she replied, "I know that wasn't easy." She bent down and kissed his cheek like she had before. "I'll see you at school?" she asked gently.
~
Thor was relieved when she said that she understood. "Oh good," he said with a smile, "I want the same thing, and I know my father just really wants us to be happy. So if this is what makes us happy then I hardly see how he can be upset."

Then again it was rather unsettling. He didn't know how he would react to all of this. With Jane as his girlfriend he couldn't accept the throne, and since Loki was now in prison, there was no one to step up and take his father's place. "I'm just not sure what he's going to do with the throne if we don't continue our relationship," he admitted, "That may be a rough patch for him."

Maeve smiled a bit when she noticed the look of relief on his face, as though he had been worried he'd have to deal with her being upset because she actually cared about him in that sense or something. She was glad when he said he considered her a good friend as well though, and so she hoped that maybe that would still be enough to allow her to visit Asgard without much reason or questions as to her visit in the future.

As he spoke of his uncertainty regarding the throne now and what his father would do, she just smiled a bit softly "I'm sure he'll figure things out....He's a man of tradition. But perhaps now he'll start seeing he needs to change the way he does some things, and he'll allow you to have the throne even with Jane as your choice" she commented with a smile

~

Peter chuckled softly, and a bit awkwardly, as she teased him about being a nerd. Was that a good thing? Or a bad thing? He knew she didn't judge him and treat him poorly like many others did at school, specifically, the other popular kids. But if she viewed him as a nerd, did that mean she didn't view him as anything more - or that, a nerd wasn't her type? These kinda of things circled in his mind until he felt her kiss his cheek again.

He blushed, freezing up again awkwardly just like he had the last time "U-uh....y-yeah. Tomorrow. School....I'll uh...yeah, I'll see you there" he stammered out awkwardly, clearing his throat as he got up this time though. This is similar to how things went last time, and when he didn't walk her out and see her to her car, she got abducted, so he was going with her this time "I'll see you out. You can use the door...my Aunt should be asleep by now" he said with a smile, as he unlocked his door and walked her to the front door.

Hailey smiled slightly. "Tomorrow's Saturday, Peter," she said with a smile and a shake of her head. Even so she walked out with him after he opened the door for her. She moved quietly and carefully so he wouldn't wake his aunt. They made their way outside before walking towards her car.

She thought about the news footage that was being broadcasted all over the world of what Peter did for her. She figured her family would probably freak out. Well her father would at least, maybe not so much her mother. "Well you have successfully ensured that I will not get abducted again tonight on the walk back to my car," she said with a smile.
~
Thor scoffed slightly before shaking his head. "I'm not even sure I really want it actually. Would it be so bad if I declined it whether my father accepted me or not? I mean my entire life I've been taught how to be a king and a warrior but...when I went to Midgard I realized there was a whole other world I was missing out on."

He really didn't know about how much fun he could have outside the palace and Asgardian walls. Every time he left the palace it was due to some war out in another realm that his father wanted to deal with. He never learned of other cultures or ways of life. He only knew his own and now that he figured out he could have more than that, well...that life was starting to sound tempting.

Maeve listened to Thor actually seeming to decline the throne, regardless. She was more surprised by that, but then just smiled a bit and nodded her head in understanding as he explained. "I wasn't raised like you, of course, so I don't know that aspect of your life. However, part of my job as a peacekeeper between the realms for Alfheim entails a lot of traveling to them. I can agree that any individual who stays in their own realm is certainly missing out on a lot" she nodded her head.

"Either way, I'm sure your father will figure something out" she assured the blond "I should let you inform him of the our decision. I think he'll understand if you're upfront with him" she nodded, before letting Thor go speak to his parents, Odin specifically, about their decision to end the courtship. While he went to do that, Maeve did what she usually did when she was alone and had spare time; went to visit Loki.

~

Peter blinked a bit in confusion when she said tomorrow was the weekend "Oh....oh right. Yeah. I knew that" he shrugged his shoulders casually as if he really had known it, and tried to brush it all off. He got up with her, though let her go ahead of him. He was still half in his suit, so he quickly pulled the pants off after she left the room and pulled on some sweatpants before heading outside with her, walking her to her car.

He smiled a bit at her words, and nodded his head a bit "I'm glad. I don't think I could take another fight like that again in the same night" he smirked a bit as he nodded to her "Goodnight, Hailey" he spoke, tempted to do what she did, and kiss her cheek, but refrained, and watched as she got in her car. Watching her drive away, he headed back inside and laid on his bed, instantly pulling out his phone and texting Ned, asking him if he was awake. It being a Friday night, he was probably going to be up late into the night gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back