• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe (Closed)

Ned sighed slightly and nodded. "I know Peter and I'm sure I just...honestly I thought it would be fun for us to...go to something like this. I don't know I mean I thought it might get some of those football guys to back off. I mean we have dates and we're here with them. I mean minus the alcohol we're basically just like them so they can't really make fun of us," he explained, "And I think I really like this girl but I get nervous when I try to talk to her. I thought having you around would help."

Hailey got up from her chair after a while as Jase started to pull her onto the dance floor. She paused slightly when she saw Peter and Ned. She looked at Jase for a moment before excusing herself. She promised to be back soon before she walked over to the pair. "Hey," she said with a smile, "You guys made it."
~
Loki rolled his eyes before shutting his book. He knew he wasn't going to get any reading done with her around. "Have you found my brother intolerable yet?" he asked with a shake of his head. He was actually impressed that she was lasting this long with him. Especially of someone of her intelligence, he thought she would be long gone by now. "Something tells me you haven't because you're still here," he commented.

He looked around slightly and nodded. "My mother had brought me all of these things against my father's wishes," he replied with a nod, "Though I will say sometimes I think she goes a bit overboard." He looked around at his things before turning back to her. "I mean if you haven't noticed."

Maeve smiled a bit as he asked about his brother "Not quite yet" she said, deciding not to explain to him again how he was the reason she actually was interested in repeatedly coming to Asgard. She felt bad that she was basically using Thor to have a reason to be here, so she could actually get to his brother whom she was more interested in than himself. Glancing to the book he shut, she tried to glance at the cover, though unable to see it from her angle "What were you reading this time?" she asked curiously.

As he spoke of his mother and the items in the room, she glanced around at them with a smile "You're mother is very kind. I'm sure you of course already know this, but she cares about you quite a lot" she spoke as she walked around the walls of his cell from the outside, looking at everything in there "She has quite good taste. Wouldn't you rather her be overboard, in this kind of situation, than not bring you anything?" she commented as she walked around the perimeter of his walls curiously, which in the end also brought her closer to where he was sitting, though unintentionally. It's not like she was scared of him, anyways.

~

Peter listened to Ned explain how why he thought this was a good idea, that physically and everything, they were fitting in just the way everyone else was. They came dressed nice, with cute dates even, and just wanted to have a good time at the school party. Peter smiled a bit, and nodded his head lightly, finding himself now feeling a little bad if he had upset Ned by perhaps not feeling like he was entirely there "You're right....I'm sorry Ned. But you know I'm here for you" he said with a smile "And hey, I'm your wing-man for the night, right? Maybe we can even get her to kiss you tonight" he smirked, playfully nudging his best friend's arm before he heard a familiar voice speak up.

He turned around to face the voice - almost too quickly, in excitement of hearing her voice - before he faced her, ready to speak up and response before he found himself frozen, speechless, at the sight of how gorgeous Hailey looked. "O-oh um...yup. Made it, yeah..." he cleared his throat awkwardly, trying to calm himself down "That dress looks really nice - i mean, well, you look really nice yourself. You look nice in the dress. It looks great on you" he stammered out awkwardly fumbling over his words as he tried to speak.

Ned smiled slightly at Peter before shaking his head quickly. "Oh I don't know Peter she's too cute for me. I mean I'm not even sure why she asked me to go with her. She could have done way better," he said before he stopped talking when he heard a voice. A female voice. He looked behind Peter and saw Hailey and he immediately clammed up.

Hailey smiled slightly before nodding her head. "Oh well thank you," she said with a smile, "Brooke found it for me, so you have her to thank." She turned to Ned and smiled. "Gosh you guys look great," she commented, "Who are you here with?" Ned cleared his threat before trying to speak to her but ended up just stuttering.
~
Loki looked at her before looking back at his book. "I find that to hardly be important," he replied before putting it on the other side of him so that his legs were blocking the cover from her. He listened to her as she spoke about his mother. Of course he knew how wonderful she was. If it weren't for her Loki would have already tried to escape a couple times by now and probably succeeded knowing his planning skills.

"She is quite an amazing woman," he agreed before looking back at her, "I just believe she is giving me things that I don't even use. I mean that chair and table is hardly of any use to me. I think she just wants to make it as homelike as possible. I can't decide if I like that or not." Sure his home was beautiful but it also hoarded quite a few bad memories.

She blinked a bit, and raised a brow in curiosity as him ignoring her question and hiding the book from her view even more only made her all the more curious "Oh? What, is it some romantic love-story that you'd hate to be seen with?" She teased him, now even more curious about the book. Before it had been a simple curiosity and question for conversation, but the fact he had no interest in telling her made her a bit curious.

As she spoke about his mother with him, she smiled a bit seeing his slight change in tone and behavior, the way he spoke lovingly about his mother, he clearly adored her - even if he wouldn't dare admit it. As she distracted him with conversation of his mother, she had walked around to the corner of the two walls connected he was sitting in "Oh! That's a good book, how far have you gotten?" she asked curiously, recognizing the title as she caught sight of the book cover he'd been trying to hide from her.

~

Peter couldn't help but smiled a bit seeing Ned get all boyish and nervous talking about his date and being with her. He smiled a bit and shook his head "See Ned, that's your first problem. She asked you, you can't be thinking that there's better than you for her, if she herself was the one that decided she wanted to go with you" he commented, before their conversation soon turned as Hailey had approached them, turning Peter now into the stuttering awkward fool.

Thankfully, Hailey either didn't seem to notice, or spared him the embarrassment and just ignored it and continued on with the conversation, much to Peter's relief. As she spoke about the dress and Brooke picking it out, Peter had time to calm himself down and get a handle on his nerves, though his face was still a shade of red as he looked at Hailey."o-oh, thanks..." he cleared his throat before she asked who they were with. Oh crap - he'd nearly forgotten about his date "Oh um, Kacey and Lacey, the twins" he explained, making a note to look back over for them through the crowds.

Hailey smiled and nodded as she looked to the twins who were still talking to one another. "That's great," she said with a smile before hearing her name being called. She looked back and saw Jase waving her over. She sighed slightly before looking back to the pair. "I gotta go," she said with a slight smile, "I need to make sure he doesn't make any poor decisions. He's a little drunk as well."

She waved to them before heading off to go meet up with Jase. Ned watched as she left before shaking his head. "She willingly talking to you," he said with a rather shocked look on his face, "you're the luckiest man alive."
~
Loki scoffed and rolled his eyes. It was hardly a romance novel nor was it any of her business what he reading. It was rare though that he didn't lash out at people who were being rather nosy. He managed to keep his cool around her but he wasn't quite sure why.

He jumped slightly when she was able to notice the book. He looked back at his book then at her. It was an Elven book that was filled with different types of stories. "My mother brought it to me and its the only one I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet," he snapped before shaking his head. He wasn't about to let her think it was because of her. It wasn't was it?

Maeve smirked a bit at the way he jumped a bit in surprise and snapped at her about how he hadn't gotten to read it yet "Hey, it's nothing to be ashamed about. If you're interested in me you could just ask" she teased him, only joking and messing with him a bit "I don't know whether to be flattered, or offended. I mean, here you have an elf coming to visit you yet you'd rather learn from a book than an actual elf" she teased him further.

"But really, it is a good book, all joking aside. Did you ask your mother for it, or did she send it to you on a whim?" she tilted her head curiously. She doubted he would answer honestly if he had chosen he wanted such a book himself. But it did make her happy in a way that he was curious about her species. She decided to stop teasing him about it so much though, having learned he was the type that if teased too much, would just shut her out completely. And it had taken a lot of work for her to get to the communication level the two of them were at now, she didn't want to reverse it.

~

Peter found the twins not too far off through a crowd of people, catching Lacey's eyes and he gave her a small, awkward smile, before he turned his attention back to Hailey as she spoke up. He nodded his head a bit with a small smile. He wanted to talk to her for longer....hell, he wished she was his date, but he obviously knew that would have never happened, even if he had asked her, so he settled for the reality of her anti-social, nerdy life.

After she had left, he nodded to her, giving a slight wave as she disappeared back into the crowd. He turned his attention back to Ned as he was finally finding his words again now that Hailey was gone, and he rolled his eyes "Come on, lets get back to our dates. Especially you" he smirked before pausing as he had taken a step in their direction "Drinks, right. Drinks..." he reminded himself, grabbing some, one for himself and his date, and telling Ned to get one even if he didn't want one, for his own date, if he wanted to win her interest fully.

Ned snapped out of daze before nodding quickly and grabbing two drinks before following Peter back over to his date. The girl smiled and gratefully took the drink. The pair talked for a little while and after a few moments she managed to pull him out to the dance floor to dance with him. Ned wasn't too sure about it all but eventually he gave in.

The party started to die down and Jase was out in the hallway with Hailey trying to talk her into leaving and going back to his place. "Come on Hails it'll be fun," he said, "I've got some alcohol and my parents aren't back home yet so it will just be you and me." Hailey smiled slightly and shook her head. "No I don't think so," she replied as she started towards the door, "I really just want to go home." Jase rolled his eyes at her before grabbing her arm. "What the hell? I invited you here. The least you could do is give me a little something for my troubles," but before he could continue she slapped him across the face.
~
"Oh please don't flatter yourself," he snapped, "My mother brought this down to me and as you've noticed I don't have many options to keep me busy for all eternity so this I figured will do just fine. Besides you know she knows what you're up to. As do I. I do enjoy watching you use my brother but tell me when is it going to end? Before or after you're married?"

He didn't mind watching someone toy with Thor but he wished there were actual emotions involved. That way he could really watch Thor suffer and he would be happy to do so. He didn't really blame Thor for all of this as much as he blamed his father. Thor was just an easy tool to blame things on and he was incredibly stupid so most of the time he fell his tricks, lies and manipulation. Besides it was an excellent way to get back at Odin as well since Thor was his prized son.

She rolled her eyes as he snapped at her again, and just ignored it, especially since she mostly expected it since she had been teasing him a bit. When he mentioned that his mother as well as himself knew what was was doing, her face fell. She looked to him with a bit of uncertainty, wondering if he was lying. She wasn't surprised that he knew, since she had basically implied to him before. She visited him when she came to Asgard on visits for Thor, and had already said how she hadn't any interest in Thor in such a romantic way. But his mother knew?

She frowned a bit, eyeing him as if trying to read him "How does your mother know? Not that it wouldn't surprise me if you told her yourself, as she's probably about the only one that might believe you. But if she knows....if she knew I've been visiting you, why has she not done anything about it?" Every time she spoke to Frigga, she didn't say anything, nor did Thor or Odin obviously know of what she was doing.

~

Peter ended up surprisingly having a pretty decent time. Even though he hadn't much of an interest at all in Lacey, she was still good company, and he enjoyed spending the night just socializing and having a good time with his friends. He was particularly happy to see Ned, as awkward as he was, having a great time as well with Stacey, and it seemed Stacey was really enjoying being with Ned too.

Peter smiled happily to himself, before excusing himself as the party was winding down and he went to get some fresh air. As he was headed to the door, he noticed Hailey and Jase down the hall a bit, and he told himself to ignore them, and it wasn't any of his business who Hailey was with. But when he heard her upset tone, and a slap, he grew worried, his more spider-man/hero instincts taking over as he walked over to them "Hey...is everything okay?" he asked worriedly, looking to Hailey before glancing to Jase "You think she owes you something?" he glared in irritation "If anything you should be grateful that she came as your date when you're honestly not worth her time."

Jase glared at her before slamming his hands into the lockers behind her. Everyone in the hallway stopped and looked over at the pair as the commotion started to unfold. "You stupid bitch," he snapped at her but before he could say anything more, Peter stepped in.

"Peter," Hailey warned quietly but it was too late. Jase turned his attention to Peter before scoffing. "Oh ya Parker?" he asked before roughly grabbing him, and shoving and holding Peter against the lockers, "You want to know what I think? I think you should just shut your mouth and walk away before I make a dent in your teeth."

"Jase," Hailey said, "Leave him alone. He didn't do anything wrong."
~
"Of course my mother knows," he answered, "She's not as stupid as my father nor Thor. Perhaps she figured it out by my constantly annoyed attitude that you would always leave me with? That could have been a definite give away." He knew that wasn't true, but he hadn't told her. Somehow his mother had figured it out for herself.

"And she doesn't tell anyone because she knows that Thor isn't interested in you either. The relationship is harmless because neither of you are invested. So she figured why ruin a good thing?" but with that he rolled his eyes, "I could hardly call it a good thing though." That was a lie. He was starting to enjoy her company though he would never ever say or show it.

Maeve still didn't quite understand. If Frigga knew, why would she allow her to still be visiting her son? She knew Frigga liked her, of course, but this was still technically illegal, what she was doing, sneaking in to visit Loki and deceiving not only Thor, but Odin as well. She didn't understand why Frigga would allow her to continue if she knew. Frigga certainly was a smarter woman than Odin, but she thought she still had respect for his decisions and wouldn't disobey them.

As this was baffling her mind a bit, she shook it from her head for the moment as she turned her attention back to Loki who was going on about her presence annoying him every time and how it wasn't a good thing as his mother seemed to think. She rolled her eyes a bit as she crossed her arms "If my visits are such a nightmare to you then why don't you seem to really hate my visiting?"

~

Peter knew he was going to get shit for doing this later. He could already see it, a lecture from Ned, certainly. And of course, a prompt beat down from Jase. Who was he, the scrawny looking intellect of the class to challenge the senior, athlete no less. But he certainly wasn't about to leave Hailey to deal with this situation alone. Even if she could take care of herself, Jase had no right to talk that way to her.

He winced as Jase grabbed him and roughly shoved him against the lockers, trying to push at the male "C'mon Jase, just let it go" he said with a glare at the other "You know she doesn't deserve to be treated like that. So no, I can't just walk away. Even if you beat the crap out of me." He noticed the crowd that had started gathering, and really wished he could just use even a little bit of his powers to stop Jase, but that'd be difficult without people seeing him.

Jase scoffed and rolled his eyes at Peter. "God Parker you're such a boy scout," he said, "I was just kidding around with her. Can't you take a joke?" He managed to land a punch on Peter before Hailey quickly shoved him off. "That's enough!" she snapped at him. Jase just rolled his eyes at her. He wanted to hit Peter again but he also didn't want to start anything with Hailey's friends around.

"Whatever Hailey. Sad thing is I really did like you. Too bad you couldn't follow through," he snickered at her before heading out. She glared at him as he left as Ned ran over to Peter. "Are you okay?" he asked quickly before helping him up. Hailey looked back at him and shook her head as the crowd started to disperse. "Damn it Peter you can't do things like that," she said said as she grabbed a paper towel and dabbed away the blood on his lip.
~
He could tell that his answer still left her puzzled. It puzzled him as well. He knew his mother loved Odin but it was no secret that she would disobey from time to time especially when she didn't agree with his father's decisions. He commended his mother for that because no one really knew what would happen to her if Odin actually found out. He doubted her sentence would be overly harsh but she had still broken the law and his father was a stickler for things like that.

"Because though your visits are annoying and rather ridiculous, I have to remind myself that annoying company is better than no company at all," he replied as he looked at her with a smirk on his lips. He couldn't describe it though but he actually enjoyed someone taking an interest in him. It was always such a rarity when that happened, but it was worth investing his time into this 'relationship'. In fact, he may be able to use her to get himself out of this cell.

Maeve contemplated maybe trying to talk to Frigga alone about it some time, but she'd have to be careful. Especially if Loki was lying, and expecting her to go talk to Frigga and ask about her knowing, when in reality, if Loki was lying, she didn't know, and this caused Maeve to reveal herself and what she was doing, and thus getting herself in trouble. She didn't see why Loki would lie for that - it would gain him nothing. Well, maybe other than her finally leaving him alone...but Maeve was starting to get the impression he was actually enjoying her company, even if he refused to admit or act like it.

As he answered her previous question about her annoying company being better than none, she just smirked a bit in amusement "You're a great liar, Loki" she teased before she looked over at the bookshelf he had in his reading corner he'd made for himself, and looked at all the books he'd read since being in there that his mother would bring or send him "So you've finished all of these?" she asked curiously.

~

As much as the spider-man side of him really wanted to get back at Jase, and show him that he really wasn't all that tough and scary, Peter knew he couldn't right now and just had to settle for his usual weak nerd look, clenching his teeth as he saw the punch coming so he wouldn't bit his tongue out anything, as Jase landed a punch to his face as caught himself on the lockers to keep from falling to the ground from the force.

As Hailey chased Jase off, and she and Ned helped him, he flinched a bit as he accepted Ned's help in standing up, spitting out some blood that had gathered in his mouth before Hailey was trying to help clean him up. He sighed a bit, shaking his head "I'm fine, I'm fine" he assured them, before Hailey was scolding him "Maybe not. But Jase can't be doing things like what he did either" he said with a shrug, taking the napkin from her and wiping at his mouth and split lip that was swollen and bleeding.

Hailey shook her head as Ned helped him up. "Your aunt is going to freak out," Ned said with a shake of his head. Hailey let out a sigh. "I know but that doesn't mean you can just tell him off like that," she replied. She wasn't really upset with him. She was more upset by the situation, and how Jase had reacted. She knew he was trouble but like the dumbass that she was she still decided to give him a chance.

Ned helped Peter out to the car and drove him back home along with the twins. He walked him up to his apartment as well and had to explain to his aunt what had happened to Peter and like he figured she would be she was a complete wreck. He left after a while to let them talk privately but not long after he left, Hailey was at his doorstep. She had gone home to change out of her dress before coming to see how Peter was and apologize for yelling at him.
~
He watched as she seemed to contemplate what he had said to decipher whether or not he was telling her the truth. Though it would be a fun game to play, he didn't really want to send off the only person that seemed to really want to be around him. He smirked slightly and nodded. "I know I am," he replied, "But I will tell you that I'm not lying about this. Lying is a bit of game for a me, but something tells me you probably don't want to play that game."

He turned his attention to his books before nodding. "It's all I really do now," he confessed. He adored reading but even he had to admit that he was getting a bit bored of it, and he still all of eternity ahead of him. "Do you like reading?" he asked as he looked over at her. He realized that that was the first legitament question that he had ever asked her.

Maeve glanced to him noticing the smirk and how he seemed to be such a proud liar. She watched him a moment as he explained how lying was like a game to him. "I'm not blaming you, but did you ever perhaps think that this game of yours actually helped give people reason to dislike you, and not want to take your side?" she asked softly as she looked to him.

"Also, in that instance I was referring to yourself. I know you're lying about finding me annoying" she smirked a bit at him before she turned her attention to all the books gathered and filling his shelf, before she was actually surprised to hear him ask her a normal, legitimate question. Glancing to him, she smiled a bit and nodded "I do enjoy reading, quite a lot actually" she commented, not informing him that she actually enjoyed writing as well, and had a few books of her own she had written - under a different name.

~

Peter rolled his eyes at Ned's comment "You don't think I know that?" he huffed a bit in slight annoyance. He wasn't in the best of moods right now. I mean he had just gotten punched hard in the face. And the fact that all he was receiving from his best friend and Hailey were lectures and scolding. He sighed heavily at Hailey's comment "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you by accusing your boyfriend. The one who was trying to harass you" he snapped a bit in irritation, his pain making him a bit more sensitive at the moment to emotions as well.

Peter shook his head and just went back to his apartment with Ned, and their dates, though, dropped the twins off home first, before they continued back to his apartment. Of course, his aunt started freaking out, giving him her own lecture as he just sat on the couch, holding ice to his face, when they heard a knock at the door, which Aunt May went to get, a bit surprised to see Serena again "Serena....how nice to see you again. What brings you here?"

Hailey waited outside for a moment before she finally heard the door click open. She turned and smiled slightly at his aunt before speaking up. "Oh hi," she said, "I um...I wanted to just make sure Peter was ok. I'd like to talk to him to if that's ok with you." She brushed a lock of her back behind her as she walked inside when his aunt moved out of the way.

She walked into the apartment and saw Peter on the couch. She sighed slightly as she walked over. His aunt was out of site but she figured that she hadn't gone too far. "Hi," she said gently as she looked down at him before taking a seat next to him, "Peter, I'm sorry I snapped at you. I know you were just trying to help, but I just...I don't want to see you get hurt because of something stupid that I did. I knew he was bad news and I still went with him. You shouldn't have to suffer for that. I'm not mad at you I'm just...I'm mad at how everything turned out."
~
"You think that I'm worried about being disliked?" he asked with a raise of his brow, "People can think as they please, but I hardly think my lying is the reason that they don't like me. Most people know that they don't like me before they even speak to me. I am different than they are and they dislike me for it. So no, I'm not overly afraid that my lying habits are the reason that people hate me."

He was a bit taken aback that she claimed to know that he actually didn't find her annoying. "Oh yes I do," he replied with a shake of his head, "I just find you less annoying than others, but you are still dreadfully irritating." He did perk a bit though when she mentioned that she enjoyed reading. "What um...what do you like to read?" he asked with a tilt of his head as he started to wave his annoyance with her.

Maeve shrugged her shoulders a bit at his response "Well, do you like being alone?" she asked looking to him "I'm not saying your lying habits are what made people hate you. But it certainly didn't give them a reason to like you" she said as she listened to him say he wasn't worried about being disliked. He said that, but she felt that that wasn't entirely true.

She couldn't help but giggle a bit in amusement as he stated how he still found her terribly annoying, just, less than others. But still annoying. She just shook her head in amusement with a giggle, before she had answered his question about reading, and he continued on, asking more about that. She was incredibly tempted to tease him about actually holding a normal, civil conversation with her, like he had an interest in her responses, but she didn't want to make him regret asking her questions or anything, so she just answered. "My favorites are typically non-fiction, real stories and events that have happened. I enjoy reading things through the eyes of another" she explained "What about you? What kind of books do you prefer?" she asked curiously.

~

As Aunt May answered the door, she was a bit surprised to see Hailey there, but she didn't mind the visit and allowed her inside once she said how she was here to check on Peter. She left the two be, while she headed elsewhere in the apartment to give the two of them space to talk.

Peter, glanced up when he heard the door, and a minute later, Hailey was walking in and sitting down beside him. He sighed a bit as he listened to her apologize for snapping, and he averted his gaze from her. He sighed softly as she finished, and nodded his head a bit "It's not because of anything you did. You shouldn't have to apologize because of that jerk. And it was my own decision to step in...I mean, it's not like I'm surprised at what happened" he shrugged his shoulders lightly.

She looked at him quietly. "I know," she said gently as she looked down, "I just...I don't want you to get hurt for me, Peter. There's no reason for it. I know you just wanted to prevent something from going wrong, but he just turned on you instead. I should have known better than to go with him, and I don't want you to suffer for my choices."

She was quiet for a while as she looked at him before biting her lower lip. She wasn't used to people sticking up for her or caring about her like this. "Thank you though for standing up for me," she whispered to him. She leaned over and kissed his cheek lightly before getting up. She grabbed her keys and started to head out.
~
Loki thought about it for a few moments before answering. It wasn't that he liked being alone; he just found it safer to be alone. No one was there to judge him or hurt him, and though he had grown all to used to that, it still hit him fairly hard. "Yes being alone is simpler in my mind," he said with a shrug.

He listened to her for a moment before nodding. He didn't really picture her as a realist, but then again he was still getting to know her. He looked away from her for a moment and towards his bookshelf as he tried to think of which was his favorite. "I would assume the fiction books," he replied, "They can get away with anything because its not real." He enjoyed to imagine the way his life would have been should he have been normal.

She shrugged her shoulder a bit at his response "Simpler is right" she agreed, since she wouldn't deny she wasn't much of a people person exactly. With her people living secluded in the icy depths of Alfheim, seclusion was something that was more comfortable for her "But not always the best" she added, before the subject changed to books and their favorite types of books to read.

Hearing his answer to his favorite, she smiled a bit at his answer, and nodded her head. "Fiction books are nice, they're helpful when needing to just escape reality a bit. Anything can happen in them" she agreed. When it came to her writing, she far preferred fictional stories, she enjoyed writing them. While her favorite to read were non-fiction, her favorite to write were fictional, because her words she wrote were often her mind just escaping and going to another place, and alternate reality.

~

When she said how she mainly was upset just at the fact he put himself in danger for her sake, he smiled looked to her and gave her a slightly smile "Hey....what kind of superhero would I be if I didn't?" he joked a little bit "But really. I'm used to those guys picking on me....I could take another punch or two. It's better than letting him push you around like that. You're better than him, and don't deserve to be treated like that" he explained.

When she spoke up again, this time thanking him for it still, he smiled a bit softly. He was glad to hear that, since initially he had been worried that the main reason she snapped at him was because she liked Jase so much, she was upset with Peter butting in and trying to stop him. But he was glad to hear that wasn't the case. When she suddenly kissed his cheek and got up to go though, his face heated up and he froze "U-um...y-yeah a-any...time...." he managed to get out as she was out the door.

Hailey walked out of his apartment and started towards her car. "Hey Hails," a voice said that made her just roll her eyes, "Jase, are you stupid or something? Why can't you just leave me alone?" She turned around to face him but he was no where in sight. "Up here, sweetheart," he said before she felt something wrap around her and pull her upwards.

"Woah!" she said but before she could say anything else she felt something shoot out and cover her mouth. "Oh shh," Jase snickered as he looked at her. He was dressed in an all black suit and only his face was visible to her. "You didn't tell me that little Parker is the one everyone in New York calls SpiderMan," he said with a smirk as he held up Peter's mask, "Surprised he didn't put up more of a fight. Probably better for him though." It took everything in her not to break the restraints that held her up but he didn't seem to know who she was and she needed to keep it that way. Jase smirked slightly before dropping the mask on the ground. "Let's see if we can't hurt little Peter in more ways than one," he said with a smirk before disappearing into the night along with her.
~
He looked at her quietly before turning his attention back to the bookshelf. Perhaps she was right about it not being the best but it was the safest. Loki didn't like to show himself as weak, but he felt the most weak in other people's presence. He had gotten quite good at hiding it though as his defense had developed into a big personality and sarcasm.

That wasn't really him though and he knew it. It was hard to pretend to be someone else, but he did it on a daily basis so he had gotten used to it. "I think the only reason I like them now is because they get my mind out of this cell for a while," he confessed as he looked around, "It's starting to get old though. You can only trick your mind for so long, especially when its a high functioning mind like mine."

As he spoke about how he mainly just liked books now to just get his mind off of the fact he was trapped in a cell. She could understand that. She was sure being trapped at all hours in a single, small amount of space could get tiresome, and quite old, even with things to occupy him, everything became old after a while. Thinking about his enjoyment of books, but also how they could get old sometimes, she thought of something she might bring him next time, that might help with that.

"You can use magic right? Those illusions that Frigga taught you how to create?" she brought up, changing the subject a bit to a new topic, since the book conversation seemed to be dying a bit "When did you first start learning it from her?" she asked curiously, partly just asking for conversations sake, and also partly wanting to know more about him, and the things he seemed to be proud of.

~

Peter honestly was stunned speechless for a few minutes as he just stared out at the now closed front door. Hailey just kissed him. She just kissed him right? It was on the cheek, but she still....kissed him. His heart was pounding as he couldn't think straight, and when he finally started to snap out of it, he jumped up from his seat. He didn't know what he was going to say, but he found his feet quickly moving towards the door "Hailey wait!" he called.

As he left the apartment, he didn't get a response. Had she already left? He sighed a bit to himself as he walked a few more steps into the parking lot, before pausing when he recognized her car. "Hailey?" he called again, confused as he looked around the parking lot, not seeing her anywhere, nor inside her car. As he approached the vehicle in confusion, he froze when he recognized his own mask on the ground not far from him.

Jase went to work quickly as he figured Peter would probably figure out what happened more quickly than he anticipated. He managed to spin a web between the tops of two skyscrapers before tossing Hailey into it. Even if she could use her powers they wouldn't help her now. Plus it wasn't helping that she was deathly afraid of heights.

Once she was in place, Jase managed to catch a bus full of people and spin a web for them between an adjacent pair of skyscrapers. All the while the news reporters were appearing on the scene and attempting to video and describe what was happening. Jase finally finished and smirked as he waited for Peter's arrival.
~
He looked at all his books as she spoke for a moment. He smiled slightly when she mentioned his mother and how she had taught him magic. "Yes my mother taught me. My father wanted her to teach both Thor and I but Thor had little interest in it and honestly he was too stupid to figure it out."

It was clear that he loved his magic and illusions. And he was good at them as anyone could tell. "I was about 5 when my mother began teaching us. Thor stopped learning around 9 but I continued with it. I think that's why my mother and I are so close," he admitted, "we bonded through our love of illusions."

Maeve smiled a bit when she got him to talk about the magic, and could clearly see his joy in talking about it, and the fact he was much better at it than Thor even when Thor tried learning. Maeve listened to him as he explained when he started learning it from his mother, and when Thor gave up. She nodded her head a bit "That makes sense. To properly control and use magic usually requires quite a high intelligence" she agreed, already knowing and agreeing Thor didn't possess the mental capacity for magic.

Maeve enjoyed talking about something he enjoyed talking about, or at least more clearly showed he enjoyed. Other things he didn't show too much emotion, unless it involved his mother. But talking about books seemed to work as well, and especially magic too. And with Loki loving lies and lying to people, it didn't surprise her he enjoyed illusions just as much. Seeing the smile on his face, she smiled a bit too "Can you show me something?" she asked curiously.

~

As Peter looked down at his mask on the ground, he froze, almost like he didn't believe it was there. He looked back up at Hailey's empty car still sitting there in the parking lot, and her nowhere to be seen. His gut wrenched a bit as he instantly felt terrible. Picking up his mask, he quickly ran back inside, where his Aunt was watching the news. He was running by it quickly, before freezing when he saw what was going on.

He cursed under his breath, before quickly disappearing into his room "Aunt May, I'm going to bed early. Going to sleep off the pain, so please don't wake me or anything okay?" he called through his door, referring to the hit he had taken. Obviously that wasn't the case though, and quickly changing into his suit, he left out his open window, swinging between the buildings of Queens as he made his way to where the scene was.

Jace smirked slightly as he saw Peter swinging towards them. "There's the man of the hour," Jace snickered, "Ya know I don't think we finished what we started earlier. But ya know I had a run in with your little girlfriend and it gave me an idea." He smirked before stepping back and gesturing to the two webs. "Some of my best work if I do say so myself," he said.

Hailey worked to get the webbing off her mouth. Eventually she managed to peel it off. "So Spidey you can have a choice. You can either save the innocent people," he said as he gestured to the bus before looking over at Hailey, "Or you can save the bitch who started all of this. Either way, I get what I want."
~
Loki smiled slightly when she mentioned Thor probably wasn't smart enough to learn how to use magic properly. "He doesn't have the self control either," he said, "Thor is too reckless to use magic properly." He shook his head trying to imagine what the world would like with Thor having magic. It probably wouldn't be good for the other realms.

He tilted his head though when he asked if she could see a sample of his magic. He smirked slightly before snickering. "Well my dear, you're looking at one," he commented. Suddenly Loki disappeared and the room appeared a bit messier. He was sitting on his bed before smirking at her. "It's my way to try and avoid your stupid questions," he replied.

Maeve had to agree with Loki when he spoke of how Thor didn't have the patience or control for proper use of magic. She knew Loki was mostly saying it to spite the brother he hated anyways, but well, in this instance it wasn't just insults, it was pretty much true. Thor didn't seem the time for the patience magic required - no matter what type of magic it was. He was more of a muscle guy just wanting to smash his way through his problems.

When she had asked him if he could show her his illusions, she was confused at his reply, before the illusion disappeared and her eyes widened in awe as she looked over to Loki sitting on his bed "What....since when? This whole time?" she asked excitedly, honestly not having even detected his illusion until the moment he let it fall "Or did you move when I was already here at some point?" she asked, intrigued "And if that's you're excuse, obviously you're not doing a very good job at avoiding my questions, since you've even started asking me your own a few times" she pointed out.

~

Peter didn't take long to arrive at the scene and he stopped a short distance away from Jase, glaring at him "Let her go, Jase!" he called to him, glancing to Hailey worriedly before back at Jase, who stood there confidently about his trap he had set up. He listened to him explain how he had a choice, and he clenched his teeth a bit, glancing between the busload of innocent people, and Hailey who was trapped in the other net separately.

For the time being, he didn't snap back about the name calling Jase was doing regarding Hailey. If he were in better circumstances, he certainly would, but considering the fact that he needed to focus on protecting her and the innocent civilians, Peter turned his attention back to Jase "Why are you doing this? All because, what, Hailey didn't want to be another one of your one-night stands?" he snapped at him angrily.

Jase chuckled slightly and shook his head. "Oh no of course not," he said with a smirk, "This is for humiliating me in front of the entire school. I'm going to make you pay for what you did, and trust me when I say I doubt you'll ever do it again." The symbiote was the one doing all of this. Jase was just a puppet, but no one really knew that.

"But I'm over this talking," he said with a smirk, "Let's really get things started here shall we?" Quickly he managed to cut a piece of his webbing for both the webs. Hailey felt herself start to slide and she let out a scream before she managed to grab onto an intact piece of the webbing. The bus too began to slip and the people started screaming and panicking as Jase snickered.
~
Loki smirked at her excitement. He hadn't expected that sort reaction but it was kind of funny to watch. She got all excited as she started asking questions about how he had done it. Usually people would grow scared or something like that when he did such a thing which was fair.

"Yes I was doing that the whole time," he said as he leaned back on his bed, "it's quite easy to fool people. Especially those with rather simple minds or people who aren't expecting it. I use it in battle as well. I can trick my enemy into thinking I'm in one place and attack them from behind." He looked over to her. "I would offer to teach you but it's difficult when I'm in a cell like this."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back