• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Universe 323- Occ

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Coldpopz Coldpopz While I would like to make a post tonight, I have to ask something before I can :P What information would Fenrir know? How would he be aware of her omega power level/that she is a powerful mutant? I read her bio and really if she was never seen afterwards after she left the facility, then imma need you to tell me what he would/wouldn't know.

Coldpopz Coldpopz While I would like to make a post tonight, I have to ask something before I can :P What information would Fenrir know? How would he be aware of her omega power level/that she is a powerful mutant? I read her bio and really if she was never seen afterwards after she left the facility, then imma need you to tell me what he would/wouldn't know.
Oh, an unknown person spotted her on the way to America and told someone who told someone who told someone who told Fen. Really, all he would know is
A. Russian lady in a big raccoon hat
B. She's an Omega
Powers and stuff, ehhhh not really

Oh, an unknown person spotted her on the way to America and told someone who told someone who told someone who told Fen. Really, all he would know is
A. Russian lady in a big raccoon hat
B. She's an Omega
Powers and stuff, ehhhh not really
Okays, I'll see what I can do with that~

yoo, hate to say it but I think I have to drop out

big group rps aren't exactly the best for me and I haven't really been okay emotionally of late and I barely have the motivation to keep up with the other rps I'm in haha. have fun dudes, sorry

Hey, if I post another CS on the page can you guys look it over and tell me what you think? I am trying to better create characters and you all have alot of practice in it.

big group rps aren't exactly the best for me and I haven't really been okay emotionally of late and I barely have the motivation to keep up with the other rps I'm in haha. have fun dudes, sorry
Oooooh, that's sad to hear. I hope ya feel better and get some more motivation back~

Hey, if I post another CS on the page can you guys look it over and tell me what you think? I am trying to better create characters and you all have alot of practice in it.
Grammar and small stuff like that can be fixed; I think the main problem was a conceptual issue in terms of your character's core functions. Like, the whole darkness and getting possessed thing was pretty one sided. In the case of Logan who operates off of anger, he actually has a backstory that supports his attitude towards life and justifies his rage. He's gritty, yet has the maturity to control his anger because he deeply cares about quite a few things on the inside. In other words, he's balanced and multi dimensional. You don't have to (and shouldn't) copy that exact layout for a balanced character, but the general concept you had of *singing punk rock* "Heart of darkness, soul on fire! Can't keep the balance!" (Not a lot of people find even THAT to be very interesting) never had those positives to keep it in check or make it intriguing. All that could be extracted was "He's a guy who's really emotional."

In terms of abilities, your backstory has to reasonably lead to whatever you put down. There's also a certain classification you have to consider powersets with: mystic, science, cosmic. Certain powers can overlap, but there are certain themes and specific abilities that cross way too heavily. If I'm a mutant (pseudo science) and my power is cosmic manipulation, that's chill because the two can go hand in hand. If I'm a mutant and my power is putting voodoo curses on people, well wtf how does an x-gene translate to straight up magic? So ye, that's all the stuff I can think of.

I hope you feel better. If you need someone you talk to you know where to find me.

Grammar and small stuff like that can be fixed; I think the main problem was a conceptual issue in terms of your character's core functions. Like, the whole darkness and getting possessed thing was pretty one sided. In the case of Logan who operates off of anger, he actually has a backstory that supports his attitude towards life and justifies his rage. He's gritty, yet has the maturity to control his anger because he deeply cares about quite a few things on the inside. In other words, he's balanced and multi dimensional. You don't have to (and shouldn't) copy that exact layout for a balanced character, but the general concept you had of *singing punk rock* "Heart of darkness, soul on fire! Can't keep the balance!" (Not a lot of people find even THAT to be very interesting) never had those positives to keep it in check or make it intriguing. All that could be extracted was "He's a guy who's really emotional."

In terms of abilities, your backstory has to reasonably lead to whatever you put down. There's also a certain classification you have to consider powersets with: mystic, science, cosmic. Certain powers can overlap, but there are certain themes and specific abilities that cross way too heavily. If I'm a mutant (pseudo science) and my power is cosmic manipulation, that's chill because the two can go hand in hand. If I'm a mutant and my power is putting voodoo curses on people, well wtf how does an x-gene translate to straight up magic? So ye, that's all the stuff I can think of.
I re-did my mutant for this story. I have gotten alot of good feedback about the one I made and he just doesn't fit well in the mutant sense, but I have also already started dialog with WeaselThor WeaselThor

I can keep using the one I made. The re work character I did I can use for future RP's or try to get him in down the road.

Sometimes mutants have a connection to mystical things though its rare. After all colossus's sister Magik has her mutation connecting her to an entire magic dimension. But hers makes since because its a dimensional link.

Shadow is fine for now. If i were to recommend any one thing, it would be to make sure that his darkness is not an actual living force and it is not magic in nature. It can be an extension of his subconscious and he thinks its. Kinda like how Angels religious upbringing has him thinking Uriel is a devil within him, when in reality its the Gamma Gene interacting with his X gene.

Sometimes mutants have a connection to mystical things though its rare. After all colossus's sister Magik has her mutation connecting her to an entire magic dimension. But hers makes since because its a dimensional link.

Shadow is fine for now. If i were to recommend any one thing, it would be to make sure that his darkness is not an actual living force and it is not magic in nature. It can be an extension of his subconscious and he thinks its. Kinda like how Angels religious upbringing has him thinking Uriel is a devil within him, when in reality its the Gamma Gene interacting with his X gene.
I don't think of it as a living force or magic. I will make sure to keep that in mind with writing with the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back