• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom {Marvel || Stuck with ya~}

Characters
Here
Eris snorted when he referred to himself as a transparent being. Though, she did catch the sincerity in his second comment. She watched as he grinned, showing genuine emotion. He was so excited to take over the mortal society. She gave him a grin as well. It was infectious. “I think I can manage respect if what you describe happens.” She spoke quietly, watching his excitement as his eyes met her own. He agreed to help her get the revenge she craved, but before she could respond, she saw the excitement fall him his face. She leaned forward a little to hear his quiet words, her eyes studying his face as he gazed at the ground. He wasn’t trying to hide the emotions. He was jealous, angry and sad. Sad at being unloved, jealous of Thor receiving the love and praise he craved so badly. She frowned, feeling angry at Odin for creating the sad, angry envy monster. “I believe you,” she said quietly. Her words likely meant nothing, she knew that.

She met his green eyes as he looked up. She thought for a moment about what to tell him of Olympus. “It’s a beautiful place, truly. We hang onto a lot of traditional architecture...you know, the massive columns and what not.” She smiled a little and told him of the beautiful gardens Zeus’s palace contained and how the balmy weather was perfect for the flowers that bloomed. She spoke of how her mother took great pride in the gardens and how only those who received the Goddess of Marriage’s blessing could be wed among the beauty. She spoke of her brother, Ares, and the great armies he had controlled over the thousands of years. They worked together, she explained, to conjure great wars throughout history. She spoke about her trickery within the gods. The story of pitting women against each other in a competition of who was the most beautiful was her favorite. “It resulted in the Trojan War. Which was honestly not what I was expecting.” She let out a laugh.

Loki seemed to listen politely, which just egged Eris on even more in her stories. Somehow the topic got to Zeus and Eris found herself becoming angrier and angrier as she spoke of how he ruled Olympus with a level of fear and that she was forced to train daily with the military growing up because he so desperately wanted his children to be fearsome warriors who lead armies as adults. She was fitted with armor as a pre-teen. She told of his infidelity and Hera’s endless merry-go-round of revenge fueled by her outraged daughter. It then lead to her telling Loki of the reason why she wanted him dead. How she had loved Orpheus, demi-god son of Apollo. “He knew I was being hypnotized into loving him.” She muttered, averting her eyes from Loki. “Zeus waited to catch us together. Ripped out his heart.” She fell silent. She felt vulnerable, like Loki was going to stand up, say that he had gotten what he was looking for a leave her to cry in her cell over a fake lost love.

She glanced towards him, finding him firmly planted where he had been when she began. She steadied her emotions. “Tell me of Asgard.” She said, still sounded the tiniest bit shaky.

---

Steve heard Julia stir in the cot and he glanced over to see that she was waking up. He averted his eyes, feeling it would be weird to be looking at her as she awoke. He took a bite of the potatoes on his tray. When she spoke, asking if he had brought food, he looked up. “Hm?” He looked to the tray on the desk and swallowed his bite hard. “Oh. Yeah. I just...didn’t know if the doctor was going to be bringing some so I wanted to be safe.” What did she expect from him? That he was going to starve her. He hoped not even Phillips would fall to that level. It was wrong to starve people, even if they were perceived criminals. He laughed a little when she mentioned Hodge. “No I didn’t run into him.” Thankfully. He looked to her as she began talking about how she hated people like them. He gave a thoughtful nod. “I don’t like bullies, but I would like to think they act in that way for a reason other than just being mean.” He didn’t like the thought of people doing those things out of pure meanness, though he knew people like that existed.

The room fell into a lulled silence as they ate. It was a comfortable silence, as far as he was concerned. Steve was incredibly hungry and didn’t mind eating rather than talking. When Julia spoke up, he swallowed hard again, wanting to be prepared to respond. She looked to him like she hadn’t meant to say that out loud. He raised an eyebrow at her, which seemed to propel her into more of an explanation. It seemed like she was under a ton of pressure. Having the lives of millions in your hands? Banking on your success? He couldn’t imagine having that much on his own shoulders and his shoulders only.

“I don’t blame you for being nervous about it. But you’re here and it’s happening. Take everything in stride, I suppose. You’ll get through it.” He hoped, for the sake of millions of people in the future. "You seem strong enough." He took a bite of bread and chewed slowly and thoughtfully. He swallowed. “Is there any way I can help? I mean I know I’m not at all prepared and I only know what’s written on the briefs...” maybe that was where Erkstien was now. Trying to convince Phillips with the story and the mission brief. He hoped Phillips would see what Steve did – that any real spy wouldn’t be going through this much trouble for a story this ridiculous.

“But I want to help. It seems important. And I at least know the time period...” He spoke more firmly now, looking at the dark haired woman. She did seem a little unsure of the time she was in. Even if it was braving a one on one meeting with Phillips to help convince him, he wanted to help. The mission seemed too important to fail. He supposed that was him admitting to both her, and himself, that he believed her story.

Last edited:
He enjoyed her laughter, however unladylike it was considering she snorted, but it definitely had a... a certain charm to it. It was nice to be... actually laughing with someone else. Not a pained laugh, or that fake laugh that he often gave others. Not an amused chuckle, but just... laughter. It was refreshing. "Perfect," he said, nodding to her words as he looked up at her. "Then it appears that we've come to an agreement." Yes, he was undeniably jealous of the love and fame that Thor received from merely existing. It was as if everyone knew what Loki did not—the way of success and happiness was always seemingly blocked from. But now he was going to take that success and happiness for himself, and he couldn’t wait for everyone else to praise him and his accomplishments. Thor was handed his success, but Loki would take his and show everyone else that he was that much better than the golden son. As she spoke softly towards his words, that fake chuckle returned, and Loki merely shook his head, looking away from her.

"What does it matter anymore? When I am finally rid of this place and my 'family'," he sneered in contempt, "Then I will finally be freed." He didn’t know that. He didn’t know that he could never be satisfied. He could, however, see that Eris was a lot like him. She was also someone who would never be satisfied. They could relate on a few different levels, at least.

He watched her face between looking down at the ground as he listened to her speak of Olympus. It seemed like she thought highly of the place, despite being banished from there. "Sounds quite grandiose. Not unlike those that refer to Asgard as the 'City of Gold' for our golden halls," he hummed, nodding slightly. The dark haired prince listened to her stories of her mother, and how close they were. Also, the gardens and the stories. The drama between the different gods. He snorted in amusement whenever something she had said was particularly funny, almost a copy of how she had responded to him not all that long ago. Everyone seemed to have very specific asks on Olympus, whereas on Asgard, they were just set to rule over the 9 realms as a whole. Loki supposed that the midgardians who had worshipped the Norse gods probably assigned them to different roles and categories while in reality, it didn’t really matter them up on Asgard. As far as humans were concerned, Norse gods were probably the most detached from those who worshipped them. Loki was definitely about to change that... and they really didn’t have that much of a choice in the matter.

Loki laugher with her as she spoke of her and her brother's exploits, although he couldn’t help but feel slightly jealous of her and Ares' relationship. After all, it sounded a lot like the lie that he and Thor used to share before Odin had told him that he was adopted, and that they were not, indeed, actual brothers. He observed silently as Eris only got more angry the more she spoke of Zeus. It was only natural—he felt similar anger for his own 'father,' but it didn’t seem to be as deep rooted as Eris' was for the God of Olympus. After all, Loki knew for certain that Odin was faithful to Frigga (and he had made sure of his faithfulness, for his mother's sake). As she spoke of her heartbreak, he paused. Ah, so that was it. A mere mortal, or demigod really, who had bewitched her into falling in love with him. He knew of such spells—almost had to do with music, but Loki never truly cared to mess with such spells. After all, he was a believer that if he couldn’t use any other magic than a cheap love charm to get someone to follow him, then they weren’t really worth his time.

She didn’t want to talk about it, considering one scenario had caused her so much emotional pain, and Loki decided that he would be the bigger person for once and not press it. Clearly it was hurting her far more than she let on, and if he wanted her to be functioning and useful, he didn’t feel the need to press on the matter. At least, that’s what he told himself. When she asked him to change the topic to Asgard, he nodded, beginning to speak of Thor, his warriors three, and whenever her would tag along with. He spoke about how he faced off against his real father, a sneer on his face—he hated the Jötunn race. They were disgusting, barbaric creatures, and he hated being associated with them. Moving to his happier memories, his childhood memories, he was finally getting to his favorite story.

"Thor loves snakes, and even then i was incredibly skilled at magic for my age. I transformed myself into a snake, and I waited for him to pick me up before I transformed back into myself, laughed and then I stabbed him!" His grin was contagious, despite the rather... dark material. "Mind you, just the other day he had let me wander into an Outerrealm Portal and waited for me to beg him to take me back before actually doing so." He didn’t want her pity, but it might make him feel better. Wow what a child.

Julia couldn’t help but let a smile play on her lips as Steve shyly looked away from her as she sat up in her cot. What a gentleman...! If nothing else, Julia was glad to go into the past in order to get to know the Captain a bit more. As a child, he had been her favorite role model. She couldn’t remember how many years in a row where she was one child among many who wished to be Captain America for Halloween. She looked to the food she had brought him, and smiled slightly. It was hard, knowing who he was, and who he was going to become, and then not be able to talk to him about it. But she would hold her tongue—there was no way he could know that she knew him as well in her present time. She couldn’t tell him that he would be asleep for 70 years before waking up in a completely different world. That was not her place, and she wouldn’t dare risk messing up something in the past so her present was dramatically different.

She was glad that Steve hadn’t run into Hodge again—the bully just seemed like someone who needed a good throttling. He reminded her of high school quarterbacks in those old movies who thought that they were good enough to play the big leagues. She didn’t even realize that those stereotypes had to be based off of something, and the man she had met briefly was a prime example of that. When she ran her mouth, she blushed a light pink, looking to Steve with slightly widened eyes. She really shouldn’t have said that—if she doubted herself, then Julia could consider her present—the future—as good as gone.

She sighed through her nose, nodding slowly. "You’re right, and I know you’re right. It’s just... well, hard, I suppose." She couldn’t help but chuckle lamely at her stupid response. Julia took a strand of her hair, tucking it behind her ear with her free hand as she looked down at her food. "But hey, nothing ever got done just because it was easy. I was trusted with this assignment, and I’ll be damned if I don’t complete it to the fullest. My boss is... not someone you want to let down." She could practically see Fury's face in her mind as she sighed. He would not be very amused with her if she came back empty handed. Julia thought about it for a moment, before coming to a simple conclusion—she’d much rather be killed in action than have to face telling Fury that she had failed. That was merely a fact.

As Steve offered his assistance, she looked to him with a smile. "You’ve already done so much for me, and for that I thank you. This, however is my mission..." she trailed off, shaking her head. "I don’t want to get you too involved if I can help it." When he proposed how he knew the time period, she did, however, get an idea. "Hey, actually... that’s not too bad of an idea. You could teach me how to be a 1940s lady, not some..." how did she describe herself? Julia looked to Steve with a helpless shrug. "21st century floozy." Was that the right lingo? She probably sounded so odd—the foreign words being unnatural to her.

As they continued to say, Dr. Erkstien walked in, a small smile on his features. "I had my dinner with the Colonel, and I have good news." He moved to sit behind his desk, going through his files while he spoke to them, multitasking. "We discussed several topics," his eyes drew over Steve's form, and Julia knew that they had made the decision and decided to choose Steve as their candidate for the super soldier serum. When his eyes met hers, the brunette found herself unconsciously holding her breath. "The Colonel does not fully trust Miss Matthews, but he does believe she is not from our time period." Before she could cheer, he continued. "But she will need a guard while on base. He’s unsure how to get you close to HYDRA, and your target, but if you should be caught by the Germans, the United States does not know who you are." So, they’d leave her out to dry? No rescue mission? Deny her existence? Julia had expected as much. "Steven, you may remove the cuffs now. I doubt she’s going to attack you or I at this point, since being on the Colonel's good side is what’s going to get her to her mission's end goal." Julia nodded in agreement—she wasn’t stupid. If she wanted to get anywhere near Schmidt, she’d have to play by the army's rules.

Eris was incredibly grateful to Loki for not pressing it further. She had shown vulnerability and it would have been incredibly easy for him to grab onto the stray thread and pull. Instead, he had swiftly changed the subject, allowing Eris to quietly put herself back together. She listened to him talk about his origins, something she had, based on earlier, proven to be under-educated on. She kept her face neutral when he spoke of being part of the Jötunn race. The creatures were giant, cold and often portrayed as monsters. Eris had only encountered them once. She chewed on her bottom lip at how upset it made him. Thankfully, he moved onto happier memories.

At the snake story, Eris’s mouth slowly formed a grin. Even through her sadness, his own smile was incredibly contagious. She imagined the scene in her head and burst out laughing, falling backwards onto the ground. The image of a young Loki stabbing a young Thor was fantastic. She sat up finally, grinning at the thought. She listened to what Thor had done to him before the snake trick and thought for a moment. It was mean, yes. But...her and Ares had been mean to each other as children too.

“Ares used to hold me down and spit on me. Then he’d threaten to throw me to another realm and I’d start crying and screaming and our mother had to come separate us...so I would bring common phrases to life for him. You know like...cat’s got your tongue, cold shoulder...my favorite was a frog in your throat...those got a little more intense as we got older.” She could imagine very clearly, Ares beginning to cough. He would cough and cough until he spit out a frog. Then the frogs wouldn’t stop coming until he was surrounded by them feeling ill. It left him with an aversion to amphibians.

“Your tricks with Thor weren’t unusual...though funnier than mine, I will admit.” She smiled a little, glad their conversation was going well. She was actually enjoying it. It was nice to talk and laugh with someone. Really laugh, not just put on a façade for the sake of herself or the other person. It surprised her a little that they got along so easily. The last time he had visited had left her with a bad taste in her mouth. “The whole Outerrealm seems a little...." she trailed off, her eyes moving over his shoulder and the smile falling from her face.

Thor had entered the prisons, no doubt looking for his brother. How long had they been talking? Long enough for Thor to check the prisons for him. Their body language said they were comfortable, which she was sure Thor and Odin didn’t want. Either that, or they wanted something from her. She glanced towards Loki before standing up and leaving the edge of the cell, not wanting to speak to the blonde man. She moved to the far wall of the cell, sitting back down with her back to the wall. She eyed him as he approached the cell, waiting to hear what he wanted.

---

Steve listened as she rolled around the idea of him helping her. He really did want to, but it almost looked like she was going to say no. He nodded when she finally said that she didn’t want to get him involved. He supposed, from her perspective, that was for the best. She knew how to avoid causing too much of a change in the future. He glanced down, almost embarrassed by his own eagerness. When she continued to speak about him helping her with the time period, he glanced to her before picking at the food in front of him. He raised a brow and looked to her when she used the word floozy. He gave a snort of amusement.

“A little off with that word...” That word was a little older than their time. Close, but not quite. He opened his mouth to tell her about Agent Carter. The woman was strong and independent, much to the dismay of the men in charge. But she was strong in a quiet way, only opening her mouth when she really needed to tell someone what was what. She chose her battles wisely and likened herself to the bigger person most times. Before he could get a word out, Erkstien entered the office. Steve closed his mouth.

He perked up when he mentioned dinner with the Colonel. So that’s where the man had been. He raised his brows as the man glanced to Steve for a couple seconds. His expression told him to get on with it. He listened to his words, rolling them around in his head. It made sense for the Colonel not to fully trust Julia. Her story was hard to think about and it was the man’s job to keep the base and country safe in such a crazy time. It was hard to trust your own roommate, let alone a stranger who appeared out of no where.

He moved his own food tray to the corner of the desk and stood up. He dug the key from his pocket and carefully unlocked the cuffs from around her wrists. He looked to Erkstien. “Now what?” He glanced from him to the brunette and back to him. “Who’s going to guard her? How is she even going to get close to HYDRA?” The word felt weird on his lips. He looked to her. “Do you even know where they are?” He barely knew what they were, let alone where the girl would even start to find them. He hoped she had some information from the future.

He wouldn’t admit it out loud, but he hoped it would be him. He wanted to see where this mission went and if she would get to this HYDRA. He wasn’t sure what made him qualified to guard someone. He was most definitely not the largest or more qualified men on base to guard a spy from the future, but he was sure he would be one of the most dedicated to the job.

Not soon after their little chat, Loki was, unfortunately, called away by matters that he had to take care of. Thor had actually been sent on another "peace keeping" meeting, and he had requested Loki's presence (much to the Prince's dismay). He was unsure of his adoptive brother's motives for bringing him along. After all, if their meeting with Eris had provied anything, it was clear that they were still on rocky terms considering what their relationship really was. Loki wasn't about to go around pretending to the Asgardians that he and Thor were the perfect siblings--no they believed that jargin all on their own. Any time he sneered at Thor they took it as sarcasm. Oh, he criticized the crown prince's behavior around women as he did what he pleased and then walked away, despite supposedly having a love on Earth? That was clearly sarcasm! Loki was only jesting--how quaint. Or at least, that was the utter crap the people believed. It made him want to hurl--how sheep/cattle-like the Asgardians had become. They had grown a docile people over these last few hundred years, and Loki knew that it would someday render them useless against outside invaders. If they wanted to show off Asgardian supremacy over the Nine Realms, they would have to do it soon, before some other form of being decided that the galaxy was theirs for the taking.

Loki would have far preferred to be the one to do the taking first. It was in his nature, after all.

Once he had gotten back from the (again, so-called) "peace-keeping" ambassadorial trip to another realm, and in his arms he carried back some new books for his collection. He had disappeared soon after arriving back in the castle, reading through (very quickly) the contents of one book before placing it on his shelf before hearing a knock at the door. Sighing, the dark haired male set down next book he was planning on reading, and was unsurprised to find a messenger of the allfather (a very nervous-looking young page, if Loki had any say in it) outside his door. Raising an eyebrow, he waited for the boy to speak.

"M-Message for you, my prince!" Well of course, it wasn't as if Loki was the people's favorite to visit. His green eyes gave the young teen a poor fright as he glared at him blankly, waiting for him to spit out what he was going to say. "Th-the Allfather has accepted your request, on the grounds that the Lady Eris must be handcuffed at all times while outside of her cell, and you must take a guard with you at all times. That i-is all!" Was it now? He scoffed at the whole "guard" issue, wishing that he could argue with his father on the matter, but knowing he really didn't have the time. Sighing, he nodded to the page, dismissing him. Loki didn't miss the sigh of relief from the teen, and he glared at his back all the way down the hallway, until he finally scurried out of sight. It made Loki slightly proud to know that he was so intimidating, but he wasn't about to dwell on the fact for the time being. Instead, he had things to... arrange.

Checking the light of the Asgardian sun, he noticed that they'd have enough time for an hour or two before the guard they would have to bring with would demand that they turn Eris in for the night. Sighing, he made sure to get the necessary items before heading down to the prison (namely the one item he needed--a pair of magic-cancelling cuffs).

Appearing in front of Eris' cell, a guard trailing behind him with the cuffs, he smiled at her. It wasn't necessarily a kind smile, but it wasn't particularly dark either. "Milady, I have come to show you some of the sculpture gardens that Asgard has to offer." Per her request. Per their previous conversation. Per their agreement. At least, that's what Loki kept telling himself. He was only interested to see her again because she was a key figurehead in moving forward with his plan to rule over Midgard, and he told himself that it would be fun to overthrow the Greek God heriarchy as well. Send things into dissarray. Who knows, maybe they would then beg for order once more, and Loki would be more than willing to be their King as well. That was the only reason he was pulling so many strings for Eris, and not because he found in her a kindred spirit.

That would be ridiculous.

______________________________________​

Julia wasn't sure how the time had flown. Maybe it was the effects of time travel, or maybe it was because she was so caught up in everything that had gone down. Or maybe it was just merely the fact that almost a year had gone by, and she was currently in Germany. After finally being cleared as 'okay' (whatever that meant) by Colonel Phillips, the brunette was told to follow him if she wanted to get close to her goal. The men knew of her and often steered clear, even moreso than they did of Peggy Carter, simply because of her mouth and bad attitude when it came to literally anyone besides Steve, Dr. Erkstien, Peggy, and the Colonel (out of obligation). After that first week, Julia actually didn't get to see Steve that much, as the following week came along with the announcement of the candidate of the Super Soldier Serum.

Steve.

Of course Julia had known--she knew him in the future! He sent her back to the past! But, she was surprised about how nervous she was for him. Or more nervous of how her presence in the past might have affected literally the entire course of the future. The last thing she wanted was for something to go wrong, and suddenly find that the timeline was, well... for lack of a better word, fucked. She had heard of Erkstien's death immediately following the successful operation, and she had tried to get Phillips to allow her to go with during the procedure, but he kept her under house arrest. If only... if only she could have been there. She might have been able to save the Doctor... it was hard for Julia to swallow that pill, but she knew that this was the course of events that had happened in the past, and she really had no right to interfere with everything more than how much she already was.

She was currently in Germany, 1945. Pre D-Day and the Normandy invasion lead by the man who would soon become the President of the United States, Dwight Eisenhower... that alone was a scary thought. There had been intense fighting, and despite her attempts to get Phillips to let her join the men, he denied any and all requests she made, only giving her tasks like writing letters to loved ones who would no longer see their sons, husbands or fathers again. It was... a depressing task, the amount of letters and names she had seen. Julia had known the death toll for World War ll was horrible, but being there was completely different from reading it in a textbook.

She was currently seated in the back of a crowd, waiting for some kind of show to start, one that had traveled all the way inland to "cheer up the troops" or "reinvigorate morale," something like that. She had barely caught what Phillips had said as he pushed her out of the command tent. Phillips was a good man, if not a bit of a curmudgeon, but she appreciated his strict attitude and emphasis on strong "American" morales. She missed this kind of strength of character in modern America. Some music came over the speakers, and a bunch of girls in short show skirts came out from backstage, decked from head to toe. The men cheered and Julia rolled her eyes, pale gray orbs slowly rolling over her figure. Phillips often reprimanded her for how unlady-like she dressed, but this was comfortable for her--she was wearing standard issue army cargo pants with a matching green tanktop and button up longsleeve that she wore unbuttoned and open, the sleeves rolled up. On her feet, the standard issue boots and socks. It was simple and easy to move around in, and the brunette did not envy agent Carter who had to wear dresses and skirts everywhere she went.
Hearing some laughter, her eyes were brought back to the stage, where they almost immediately widened in surprise. "...Steve...?" The name was a whisper on her lips in comparison to the ruckus the men were making. As they practically booed him off the stage, the brunette glared at them, wishing her eyes were laser beams that could bore some sense and respect into their skulls. Although... she knew why they were so on edge. The poor lot...

It had started to rain by the time the men had dispersed, and Julia had fitted herself with a billed cap as the female walked over to a familiar face as he stuck his nose in a notebook, doodling a picture of a monkey in American regalia on a unicycle--she had to refrain from snorting as she walked up to the bench from behind him. Luckily they were out of the rain underneath the tent. Shoving her hands into her pockets, she noted his much larger physique now that he was a Super Soldier. She had gotten so used to 'little' Steve, that seeing him up on stage as the Steve she had known from her own time was a little weird. In fact, if the brunette thought about it, she hadn't seen Steve since he had left to become a Super Soldier.
She had given him a hug and told him that she promised she would always remember the 'little guy,' as a sort of joke, but she wasn't sure whether or not Steve had taken it the way she had intended it to be.

"Hey, I almost didn't recognize you underneath all that muscle. But just know, you can't hide from me--dancing monkey or no." The smirk that played upon her lips came through in the smugness of her text, her hands shoved into the pockets of her pants as she moved to stand semi-in front of him. She looked relatively the same as she had when they had first met, except her chocolate locks were pulled into a ponytail underneath the hat she wore, and there were dark circles underneath her eyes. Julia sometimes found it hard to sleep at night with the sound of constant shelling going off in the distance. "It's... good to see you again Steve." She sighed, turning to the side and let her gaze travel over the now-empty seats that had just previously been filled with jeering men. "You'll have to forgive the tough crowd. They're the remnants of the 501st."

Thor had come to whisk a grumpy looking Loki off somewhere, leaving her alone with the guards outside her cell once more. For the first day, some of the more exuberant ones teased her, saying that only a monster like her could talk so easily to someone like Loki. She would roll her eyes at their words. A few days went by and Eris denied missing her dark haired visitor. She just missed him because anything was more entertaining than this. She would probably miss Thor if it had been him to come and sit in front of her cell.

When he did appear in front of her cell with a guard carrying cuffs, she had been pacing and thinking once more on the shimmering wall in front of her. She tensed at the sight of them. Loki didn’t scare her. It was what Odin may have decided to do with her that made her tense. At his words, her tenseness turned to slight confusion. Why was he doing this? Sure, she had mentioned wanting to see them before, but they hadn’t talked more on it. Had he really hung onto that detail? Or was he lying to her? The first option was more pleasant. She didn’t have time to think it over as the guard opened the door to her cell with the cuffs.

The large man roughly grabbed her causing a look of annoyance to cross over Eris’s face. He slipped the cuffs over her wrists and tightened them in a way that caused her to yelp in pain and surprise. “That hurts!” She hit the man in the gut with her cuffed hands. Knowing a guard shouldn’t and couldn’t argue with a prisoner, the man took a pained breath and loosened the metal around her thin wrists. Did he really have to come with them? A prince being sent with a guard either meant Loki wasn’t trusted or Eris was believed to be dangerous. Or both.

Surrounding prisoners grunted in envy as she was allowed to exit past the shimmering wall and down the couple steps to the prison floor. She turned to face Loki, examining his form for a couple seconds. She wasn’t completely convinced this wasn’t an illusion like the first time they had interacted. She took a step towards him and poked his chest. Her hand didn’t fall through the form and she realized that, for the first time, they were face to face without the shimmering wall between them. She looked to his face. There were details that had been muddled by the wall, like the gold flecks in his green eyes. He was handsome.

“Alright. You’ve got me. Go ahead, lead the way.” Eris gestured towards the door. “Unless you got me out of there to just stand here, which I guess might be amusing but definitely one of your stranger plans.” She still wasn’t convinced that they were actually going to the sculpture gardens.

----

It had been a while since Steve had seen the woman from the future. She had gotten clearance from Philips to continue with her mission and he hadn’t seen much of her the last week he had been on the base. She was busy, only meeting some nights with him and the doctor for dinner. The men had stopped teasing him about her, moving onto the next poor sap. For a brief amount of time, he was relieved the poor sap wasn’t himself. He spent a lot of time wondering if she was going to complete her mission and thinking about what the world might be like if she didn’t. Of course, he wasn’t going to be around during her time. But, he still worried about future people.

His wondering had been cut short by the decision to choose him for the Super Soldier experimentation. Dr. Erkstien had declared him a worthy man to hold such strength on his shoulders, something Steve took with a quiet pride. The prep that was involved in becoming this super soldier took his mind off Julia and they both split paths.

The day he became the super soldier was one of the craziest days of his life. The process had been incredibly painful as the serum was injected into several places in his body. The doctor had been killed by an unknown person and, though Steve tried to chase them down, it was useless. The military took him back in, not giving him a ton of time to adjust to what had happened. He had gained several inches in height and an enormous amount of muscle. He was stronger, faster, more agile than the average person. Soldiers had been sent to Germany and, just as he was preparing to follow them, he was informed of his new job.

Thus, Steve became the poster child of the war bond movement and war moral. He traveled with a trope all over the states, advocating high moral and buying war bonds to help the soldiers he felt like he was letting down by staying behind. There were comics and short movies made about him. He would spend a lot of his time after shows signing covers for little kids and politely declining women who so desperately wanted him to take them out to dinner. He told himself he was doing something for his county, it just wasn’t what he had imagined at all.

The news that they were traveling to Germany to bring some “cheer” to the soldiers that had been in the trenches for months now came with a little surprise. It would be a somewhat dangerous place to bring women in sparkling dresses, but it had to be done.

They were boo’ed off stage. What a show. The whole thing put Steve in a somewhat sour mood, not at the soldiers, but because he felt like he could be doing more. Thankfully, there weren’t any grinning children or swooning women to see him less than grinning. He sat against a semi-permanent building meant to hold show materials and occupied himself with doodling a monkey on a unicycle. He paused in his doodles and looked back at the voice. He smiled at Julia.

“Hey! I haven’t seen you in a while.” He stood up to hug her. He was much larger than she was now and noted not to squeeze too hard. She looked about the same, dressed practically and looking like she might rip the head off a stray soldier. Though, she looked more tired. Everyone did nowadays; War wasn’t exactly the most refreshing thing to be around. He glanced towards a few guys leaving. “They’ve been through a lot and deserve to be a little rude, I suppose.” He gave a small shrug, shaking away the guilt in his stomach. “What have you been up to? Are you doing alright?” He knew she was a fully capable woman, she made it very obvious. He still worried about his friends, though. Erkstien was an example of how life could be taken so quickly.

Last edited:
Loki glared at the soldier as he tightened her restraints a little too tightly--he wasn't really interested in the man but moreso the fact that there was no reason for him to be overly rough with her. Luckily, before Loki said anything to him, the guard sighed and complied with Eris' wishes. Satisfied by these results, Loki began to walk, keeping his pace slow for her to catch up with his speed before quickening it again, ignoring the prisoners, though he was eager to get out of the prison area. There were far too many criminals to count down there, and more levels than Loki could care to remember. Luckily all important figures held there were reserved spaces on the uppermost floors. The last thing he wanted was to get lose deeper in the "maze-like" structure. Asgard itself seemed like a maze, and this became more apparent the further into the prisons they went. After all, they had to go decently far in the prison in order to get back out.

He was brought out of his silent revery as Eris stepped closer to him, pressing her cuffed hands against his chest. Blinking slightly, he turned to her with a single raised eyebrow, green eyes piercing as a smirk played upon his lips at her words. "So... you doubted me? I'm wounded, my lady." Ever the cheeky one--maybe they should really call him God of Cheekiness rather than God of Mischief. Although... he really didn't like the former--he still much prefered the latter. Maybe that was why he was forced to bring along a babysitter? His eyes slid back to the guard. He was just another unnamed Asgardian that Loki would sooner rid himself of than let him follow them, but considering Loki had asked Odin for permission here, it would probably better for both their sakes if Loki didn't leave a guard dead in a garden somewhere. They would always complain about the "loss of the family" and so on and so forth. It was honestly tiring sometimes. Loki shook his head. "My intention was to get you some fresh air--I can always revoke what I've so graciously offered you?" He never could get over himself, could he?

Despite his words, he still led Eris and the guard that followed them outside. They didn't encounter many Asgardians in the palace, but those they did come across gave the prince and goddess a wide berth, not wishing to get in their way after hearing the fact that the god of mischief had finally become quite interested in someone--even if it was a Greek Goddess that the Asgardians were holding prisoner. According to Odin, Zues hadn't wanted much to do with Eris, which made Loki's blood boil a bit. To cast out his own daughter? How cruel--even Loki was sure that he wouldn't do something like that. The Asgardian royal family, Thor... they were different. It didn't matter to him what became of them because they weren't related by blood or through bonds (despite whatever Frigga said, she was the only one of them that he actually felt a connection with). Now Eris was here to free his boredom, and to potentially help him gain an army and take over his first domain--how exciting!

As they neared the first sculpture garden that he could think of, he turned to look to the guard expectently, and the man who's face was obscured by his helmet bowed, his deep voice echoing through the metal. "I'll be here waiting for you, my leige. Call if you should need assistance."

"I'm sure that won't be neccessary. Thank you," Loki smiled, but the look didn't reach his eyes. Gently tugging Eris into the garden, they were surrounded by Asgardian plants and flowers, various different forms of art easily blending into its surroundings. It was a very natural looking scultpure garden, and most sculptures were actually carefully trimmed out of bushes and hedges. They seemed to move in the sunlight, dancing with the shadows of the afternoon. "Well, feel free to lead the way. I have already spent many an afternoon here, and feel free to ask questions--I will do my best to answer whatever I can."

__________________________________​

Julia smiled more as Steve seemed to brighten up along with her appearance. For whatever reason, just knowing that the now-supersoldier had been cheered by her presence sent a few butterflies stirring in her stomach. She barely recognized the feeling, only having felt it about a half of a year ago, whenever she and Steve had moments to themselves to talk about anything and everything. Julia was always careful not to talk about spoilers from the future, because she didn't want to unintentionally mess anything up, but she knew that she could share little things, like her family, her hobbies, etc. And the smile that Steve had always given her was what always caused those butterflies. Then, the brunette had been a good handful of inches (if not, even a foot) taller than him, but now, she had to crane her neck a bit to look him in the eyes. It was different, although... not necessarily a bad sort of different. Julia just promised herself and him that she would never forget the little guy...

At his words, she smiled again, though it didn't fully reach her eyes. That was just how tired she seemed, and she could only assume she looked a lot worse. Though, the hug that she had received was nice. Despite the rain, Steve was warm, and she missed the feeling of his arms around her the second he pulled away. Was that weird? She tried to shake off the thought. After all--they were in a war zone! No time for anything other than focusing on the present. If she ever wanted to explore her feelings, she'd have to wait until she got herself back to the future. His concern was sweet, and she nodded along with his questions. "Yes, I'm alright. I haven't seen too much action myself, but I help when I can. These men have been through some really tough times. They just lost half of their men during a raid the other night. They're... all that's left." Her blue eyes sadly looked to the side as she turned her head, watching a few of the men as they walked shoulder to shoulder, their heads bowed as they clutched each other. War was a difficult and terrible reality. Julia knew for certain that the relatively troubled peace that they shared in the future should not be taken for granted.

Eris rolled her eyes, a smile daring to tug on the corners of her mouth at his cheekiness. “Oh please you know I’m thrilled to be blessed with your presence.” Her words dripped in the same sarcasm his did. She did doubt him and she wasn’t going to waste the energy pretending like she didn’t. What was she supposed to do? Trust the God of Mischief. Surprisingly, she would trust him over his brother and father without hesitation. She mused on that thought as they winded their way through the extensive prison system. Where in her time in Asgardian prison had she developed a level of trust in Loki? Did that trust root from a distrust of the others or was it genuine? She reminded herself to tread lightly in that department. The only person she could truly trust was herself.

They finally made their way outside and quickly to a sculpture garden. Eris was grateful that he dismissed the guard. It was just going to dampen the experience of the garden to have the helmeted man looming over her, waiting for something to go wrong so that they could haul her back to the square room that had become her home. Before the guard could answer Loki, Eris was already wandering into the garden. It was small, but it was beautiful and washed in golden light from the approaching Asgardian sunset. She wouldn’t have much time to spend in the garden, but that wasn’t going to stop her from appreciating the things she did see.

“Uh huh...” She barely acknowledged Loki’s words to her as she wandered down the pathway. She stopped in front of a series of intricate shapes trimmed out of bushes and hedges. She leaned her shoulder against the large tree to her left and closed her eyes for a few moments, enjoying the sun on her skin. The warmth was something she hadn’t realized she missed while in the prison. It was dark and there wasn’t any natural light. Just artificial lights and filtered air.

She reached back to the best of her abilities and pulled her blonde hair over one shoulder and opened her eyes. The light brought out a brighter blue with a touch of pale green in her normally pale eyes.

“This kind of art is my favorite.” She glanced at Loki and nodded towards the abstract shapes. “It can be whatever you want it to be. Maybe to the artist, it was one thing, but to you, it can be another. To me, it can be something entirely different. No one tells you what you have to see and feel when you look at it.” She looked at the shapes and couldn’t help but smile a genuine smile. If she had the freedom to come and go, she would spread this garden into days to admire the flowers and the sculptures.

“Maybe to the artist it was just a hedge they were told to shape. No one knows.” She shrugged and moved to the other side of the tree to admire the flowers that had been planted to accent the particular sculpture.

Art had been something that brought her comfort as a child. You could always see what you wanted or needed to see in the strokes of a paintbrush or the curves of a sculpture. As she grew older and faced hardships, she found that it was always there with its arms open for her.

---

Steve noticed the smile that crossed her lips but left her eyes tired looking. Of course, she would be just as tired as the rest of the lot. He imagined, being from the future and all, that living through a war like this one was exhausting. He wondered if there was ever going to be a war like this one in the future. Her exhaustion made him want to hug her again. She was too important, too sweet and too good of a friend to be looking that exhausted. Though even with exhaustion pulling on her expression, Julia was still just as beautiful as before. He pondered for a few seconds on how resilient she was, both in her strength and beauty. He blinked and followed her gaze towards the men milling about. This wasn't the time at all for thinking about the beauty of the woman in front of him.

That group was all that was left. All those men had survived hell, but Steve knew that there was more to come. He looked back at her, a guilt in his stomach for not doing more than these stupid shows to help the war effort. He was massive and possessed inhuman strength for God's sake! Didn't they have any other use for him?

He shoved his hands into his pockets. "Have you made much progress?" He spoke in a somewhat hushed tone. It wasn't like the men would eavesdrop and if they did, they wouldn't particularly care about what they were talking about. "I mean...it's been a few months now right?" He furrowed his brows, finding that he hadn't been keeping track of the months very well. He paused again. "Am I allowed to ask that?" He smiled a little bit at her, unsure if she was even allowed to tell him the progress of a government(?) mission. It was nice to feel a genuine smile on his face, especially in a time like this.

He hoped she would be able to tell him something. He hoped even more that he would be able to leave the traveling show he was on and help her in this mission. He felt now like he would be able to do something in his new-found state.

For some reason, being able to joke with Eris was something that Loki felt comfortable doing. Did Loki completely trust the greek goddess? Of course not, the only person Loki truly trusted was himself (and his adoptive mother, but that was beside the obvious point). He would have to wait a considerable amount of time to deem whether or not he fully trusted the blonde haired women, and in his experience, any type of women were about as slippery as they came in terms of trust. Especially considering the way they tended to backstab each other--something he could admire from a distance but never truly wanted to experience the wrath or reprecussions of. Unbeknownst to the both of them, it would appear that they both had very similar life philosiphies regarding the realm of trust--it was almost amusing to see how two different gods from very different cultures could be so painfully similar.

As they walked through the scultpure gardens, Loki found himself having more fun watching Eris look at all of everything rather than actually observing things himself. She seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the rare breath of freedom, which he was more than willing to at least give her that. He kenw that if he had been locked up in a cell, he would have hoped that someone would have treated him with the same amount of residual respect and care.

He nodded along with her words, merely listening as he walked alongside and slightly behind her, holding his hands behind his back. "I see--personal interpretation is very important in the world of art..." he agreed, nodding once more as he offered a smile. It wasn't unkind, just... tired. Loki seemed to always be tired, as of late. Revenge, however necessary it seemed to him, was an emotionally and physically taxing process. As they walked over to the flowers, Loki brought out a hand, encouraging a bud to bloom with a little coaxing from his magic. "My adoptive brother is like a raging boar... he doesn't wish to stop and appreciate the finer things in life, merely... his only goal is to fight and become stronger. It often reminds me of how barbaric Asgardians are. It is in their nature, after all..."

__________________________________________________________________​

Julia retained a pleasant air around her most times, no matter the circumstances or how rough the odds seemed to be. At this point along, most of the men in camp had stopped harrassing her, especially considering how she was quick to show them that she really didn't take any shit from any of them, and was just as strong/had even more training than most of the guys there. She felt sorry for those who were drafted young--it seemed like such a painful age to live in and not know whether you would get to go home and grow old. Have a family of your own. Write to your families and tell them how much you loved and missed them before you bit the big one and followed all your brothers before you home. It was a harsh reality, and being a part of history put it into painful perspective.

She could feel Steve's eyes on her own, and she couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable by the amount of self guilt that was in his gaze. There was literally nothing he could have done differently! Worst case scenario would be that the government would have sent him off to be a lab rat to try and recreate the formula that made him the way he was. Luckily there was only one Steve Rogers, and the brunette made sure to send him a smile at his questions. "You're one of the only people highly ranked enough to know, Captain," she winked mischieviously at him, some of her humor returning to her eyes and her words.

"I'm closer than I thought I was... it sounds like if we could just get our hands on some of Dr. Zola's and Johannes Schmidt's files, it would tell us where HYDRA HQ is--that's where those plans are being held. And it's not like Colonel Phelps can really do anything to help me--he's trying his hardest, but it's not always easy to convince the higher ups to allow a woman to go onto the front lines. Yet here I am," she smiled at him, motioning to herself dramatically. We tried to advance towards one of their tech labs just past the ridge, but we can't push past em. Somebody tried to lead an advance but they captured more than half our guys." Her gaze turned somber. "Colonel Phillips has spent the entire day signing letters that will be sent out on the next plane back home to families about their loved ones... calling them all KIA..."

Eris watched the blooming flower with a peaceful smile. Something about the slow movements of the petals was calming and beautiful. It made her wish she had her own magic. She was silent as he spoke and silent for a few seconds after. "Without raging bulls, there are no floating butterflies. Barbarians are the key to chaos and war." Chaos was something she could speak on with total confidence. It was who she was, what her life was cursed to be, and what she created and controlled. It played into many different things. War was chaos but so was childbirth or falling in love. "Without barbarians, there is no chaos. Without chaos there is no war, without war, there is no death." She walked down the path, gently touching the flower he had just affected by his magic. The petals were soft under her fingertips.

"Without death, there is no life. We wouldn’t know what peace was unless we experienced war.” They rely on each other’s existence.” It was why she was so close with Ares. Without chaos, there was no war. Without the spirit of war, the chaos fizzled out. “Sleep on that one, mischief. You and I are nothing without the balance of boars, whether we enjoy it or not.” She smirked and glanced at him.

“You look tired. Don’t let the boar get you down too bad.” Her gaze turned to an amused one. “I’ve given some thought, truthfully.” She stopped to admire a stone sculpture, mumbling about the technique the artist used before continuing. “What your father did infuriates me. Reminds me of Zeus. I really do want you to have your revenge.” It reminded her of her own revenge. If he hurt like she did, she wanted him to have Odin’s head on a stick. She did wish he would give his brother more thought. Yes, from what she had seen of Thor, he was nearly unbearable. But she, also from what she had seen, believed he loved Loki.

Before he could respond, she hummed, looking up at a large Willow tree. Its branches bend over and nearly touched her head with their deep green arms. “Do you know the spell that allows you to see souls?” The heavy subject of his father quickly cast away. “My uncle taught it to me when I was younger. He can affect the souls. We can only look at them so it’s not of much practical use.” Hades had declared Eris his favorite niece the first time she had done it. She glanced at Loki. “The souls of trees are very beautiful. Different than most.”

---

Steve let out a half-hearted “heh” to her comment about being ranked high enough to know. Captain America is what the crowds had taken to calling him. It was beyond cheesy, but if it raised spirits, then he supposed he was doing his job. He crossed his arms over his chest and watched her as she described what she needed. He hadn’t heard anything, but he wondered if he could get ahold of Agent Carter or even Stark to help her get behind enemy lines. Someone had to know something.

When she mentioned half their guys being captured on a mission towards a tech lab, Steve outwardly cringed. Every family was going to get a dry, mass produced letter informing them of their loved one’s death. They probably wouldn’t get bodies to bury at a funeral. It made Steve’s heart sink. No one imagined the war being like this. “Well...” he was at a loss of words for a few seconds. This woman had truly gone through near death to get to the HYDRA headquarters.

“I could try and contact Agent Carter again.” The woman had a soft spot for him ever since boot camp. “See if she’s willing to do me a favor. It’s the least I can do, you’ve been through hell.” He hoped he would be able to go, provide at least a little more protection while Julia tried to get the files and destroy them. Someone had to agree with him that his newfound strength was being wasted by parading him around in front of crowds in a flashy costume.

“I would love to help, honestly. I feel a little useless as of late. Like I could be doing way more than these shows...” He paused and quickly recovered. “I mean not that these shows aren’t important. I know morale is important and I’m grateful I get to help out with it. I just feel as if I’ve been given these stronger abilities and I could be using them.” It was no secret now that he was a super soldier, capable of running faster, jumping higher and lifting more than the average man. A stray soldier had heard about it and interesting news spread quickly when there was nothing better than death and war to talk about.

Loki scoffed at her words, though he remained silent, especially considering he knew the fact that deep down inside of whatever was left of his frozen heart, he knew that she was right. It didn't matter what Thor said or did--he would always be the one that Loki knew he could toy with in order to achieve the chaos that he so desperately craved. It was his nature, after all, to be a proveyer of chaos and everthing that ensued, and Eris seemed to speak more truth, and know more truth than she had initially let on when she first appeared in Asgard. He had originally thought her a blind fool, especially considering how she thought that she could take over Asgard by herself. Now he was beginning to understand that she was incredibly smart, but misinformed about the realms beyond her own. Either that or Olympus refused to see any other godly hall as better or as significant as their own (which seemed to be the case). So instead he remained silent, listening to her speak as she looked to the flowers of the garden--specifically the one that he had made bloom--and told him a few words of wisdom.

"I am always tired, when dealing with imbeciles such as my brother and his father," Loki's eyes narrowed as he scoffed, shaking his head ever so slightly. After all, it was very hard not to do get angry when talking about them. He paid attention, however, to her next words as she spoke of how she had given his proposal more thought. He couldn't help but let a smirk play upon his lips at her confession of wanting to help him get his revenge. All things in this world needed to be equal, as someone as of late told Loki quite frequently. "That is good news to hear, indeed. And in turn, I do plan on reigning a cold hell against your father." It was all the 'good' he could do, as a Frost Giant by nature. His coldness of body mirrored his coldness of heart.

When she talked about the souls of trees, Loki remained indifferent, not entirely sure how to respond, or if doing so would ruin her train of thought, so he remained silently, folding his hands behind him as he walked up to stand beside her, under the willow tree. At first glance, this Eris woman reminded him a lot of the women he would often see in Asgard. However... it seemed as though he too found himself under a minor spell. Everything about her was... well, for lack of a better term, intruiging. He didn't completely trust her yet, as he never found himself fully trusting anyone, but he was rather curious to see where this entire revenge scheme went. Something told him that his life would never be the same after getting to know the blonde haired woman of chaos.

"Alright, your time's up. Back to the cell." Loki turned and narrowed his eyes at the Asgardian soldier as he returned to retrieve Eris for the time being. It had felt like they were barely in the gardens at all before she had to go, but it seemed as even though Loki was a prince of Asgard, the favors granted to him were few and far between.

"I'll come with you, I suppose," the black haired male stated allowed, but as he moved to follow them, he found his eyes narrowing as the guard put his hand out to stop him.

"That won't be necessary, Prince Loki. The AllFather has summoned you." Now... what could that possibly be about? It wasn't like Loki had done anything in recent months, so he was beginning to become a little concerned about how often he was being summoned.

Turning to Eris, he offered her a small smile, the skin around his eyes creasing slightly as he did so. "I suppose we'll have to do this again sometime, milady. Goodnight," he bowed to her slightly, enough to show some respect, before turning and heading off toward the direction of the throne room.

But... Loki didn't get to go to the gardens with Eris again. Not for some time anyway. No one would tell her where the Prince had went or what he was doing, and this lasted for some months. It was unclear whether or not he was coming back to visit her in her little cell underneath the palace of Asgard. However, when Loki did return, his cape and garments were a little more elaborate, and the headdress he wore was plated in gold, with long curved horns. His war armor. He appeared in the dead of night, clouding the guards' eyes and making the entire floor of the prison fall into a deep illusion that everything was as it should be. He appeared out of the darkness, a smirk upon his thin lips as he undid the magic wall to Eris' cell. "Hello again," he said smoothly, not allowing her to speak until he explained himself. "I promise I haven't forgotten our agreement. I seem to have caught a rather serious case of 'banishment'. I was expelled from Asgard, for father didn't like some of my friends. Called them 'bad influences' and the like. We have about five minutes to get out of the prison before we are spotted and this spell wears off. Shall we?" He offered her his arm, a dangerous glint in his eyes. As soon as he was informed that he was banished, he knew that this was the endgame. The point of no return. Loki could never go back.

__________________________________________________________________​

"You would... do that for me?" Julia's voice was small, as if she didn't believe he would stick out his neck, and his friendships, so much for her cause. Smiling softly and shaking her head, the brunette sighed, crossing her arms under her chest. "S-Steve, I can't ask you to do that. You've already done more than enough for me. In fact, this mission is already half as much yours as it is mine, considering how much faith you've put in me." Her gray blue eyes grew a little distant, and her gaze focused on something faroff past Steve's shoulder out into the rain. As if she could see the future if she strained her gaze hard enough. "It's enough to drive you crazy... knowing how everything turns out and not being able to say anything. I've done pretty good so far, but I'm just..." she trailed off, nervous to speak her real feelings. "I'm just afraid that I'm going to slip up and say something dumb. Mess up bad... I just want this all to be over with."

She smiled as he offered up his services to her, her eyes warm and kind despite the hardships that she had faced during her time on the frontlines. "Honestly, you just being there for me is enough. The shows are important, but..." she hesitantly reached out and up, placing a hand on Steve's shoulder. Where the gesture had once allowed her entire hand to reach around the circular joint, now her hand was dwarfed by his large muscles. She couldn't help but grin, shaking her head. "Steve, Erkstien picked you because the heart underneath was good. These muscles, the shows, the getup... hell, punching Hitler in the face? The people will remember you as being the one who did all he could to help. Whether that be through actions or morale, I don't think it'll matter." It was true. Even after the horrible truth of the Sokovia Accords, true fans stuck by Captain America. He was a household name, despite everything they tried to do in order to beat down upon the man who had always tried to save the country he loved.

A thought came to her in one instant, and her smile faded until she looked about as pale as a sheet. "Shit, Steve...!" How could she have forgotten. "Y-You once told me you had a friend in the 501st... right?" Bucky! He was a part of that group. "I think he's one of the guys being held hostage." Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked up at the blonde haired supersoldier and she bit her lip in thought. "If you can get me to that facility, I'll get the location to HYDRA HQ, and save those men there." A determined look crossed her features, but a small, unsure smile appeared upon her lips despite it. "Will you help me... Captain America?"

Wooaaahh I was just thinking about this rp and how good it was. This school year has been completely crazy and insane but I'm graduating very soon!

This is a wild question, but would you be willing to continue this? NBD if it's been too long! AwkwardSilence AwkwardSilence

Ha! Awesome. I will get a reply up tomorrow because it's late here and I've gotta read through everything.

I graduate college in 8 days!!

Yay! So exciting!

--

Steve watched without a word as she seemed to stare off into nothingness and speak about knowing how everything turns out and not being able to say anything. He wasn’t to console her, but didn’t know how. Knowing the future wasn’t something that came with Erkstien’s laboratory serum and there wasn’t exactly a good generic response for that situation. So he linked his hands behind his back and watched her with a sympathetic expression. He was willing to do what he said for her. It looked like she had a lot on her shoulders and if he could take some pressure of someone in this war, he would do it.

His eyebrows raised up when she suddenly changed gears, a thought obviously coming to her. Her face went pale and for a moment, he braced himself for her to faint. He gave a quick nod when his friend – Bucky – was mentioned. “Yeah I do, why?” He quickly got his answer and his own face went slightly pale. He put a palm to his forehead. They had already lost so many men and he couldn’t imagine coming home without Bucky.

He stood up straighter when she mentioned helping her get to the facility. “If it means rescuing those men, I’ll do everything I can.” He blinked, an exasperated, small smile coming across his lips. “As long as you don’t call me that.” Little did he know, it would be a name that he would get used to and even become fond of.

“I will figure out a way to get ahold of Agent Carter.” He reassured her. Later, he would get her on the phone and get the permissions they needed. The strong woman agreed that Steve could be put to good use in rescuing the captured men.

--
he knew that this was the endgame
What a sentence, written way before we knew!!!
--

Eris had been annoyed with how little time she received in the gardens, but would find herself yearning for that small amount of time in the coming months. She had expected him to come back in the next few days, even in the next week. When he hadn’t, she found herself missing his company. She did her best to not acknowledge it, but found herself looking up every time someone entered the prison. The guards teased her about it and as time passed, her anger grew towards him. She had grown used to company and having it taken away seemed worse than never having it to begin with. How could he do this to her? She imagined all the ways to kill him if she ever got her hands on him.

Loki showing up in the middle of the night in elaborate garments wasn’t one of the scenarios she imagined. She quickly stood as he approached the glimmering wall, already explaining himself. Banishment, huh? It must be contagious, she thought with amusement. The wall had been dropped and he was offering his arm for her with that stupid smirk. She stared at him, unmoving. She could kill him, stab him with those stupid horns, watch the life drain from his eyes. She blinked. That would ruin the illusion he had over the guards, who would turn to find her standing over their bloodied prince.

Eris shoved his arm away from her and hopped down from the platform her cell was on. “You are unbearable.” She grumbled. “Pretentious for assuming I might help you.” She tried out her own magic and located her own armor, hidden away in the prison storage. It began to appear on her body, golden armor meant more for war than appearances with metal plates and tall boots that went up her legs. It came with a sword and a shield. “A pretentious, unbearable,” she put her own helmet on, which included the plume only important Greek military officials wore, “sneaky little…” she tried out the weight of the sword, not finishing her sentence.

Eris gestured towards the door with the sword. “Let’s go. Get on with it.”

We are!! I just had my last concert for choir (save for the two songs we have to sing at graduation)
and then I have one and a half more weeks of school. I'm seriously busy right now, but if I get a moment of free time, I'll start working on a reply! So sorry about the radio silence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back