• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Rp

Arinae quietly observed before determining not to involve in what she considered to be Stark's pissing contest with another lifeform. Really how do humans get anything done? How have they managed this long to survive as a species? They pick fights without having the full scope of information. The species at this rate might wipe itself out by having idiotic men and their measurement contests to overcompensate for what they lack...intelligence.

Now Arinae was definitely suspicious about the whole situation she found herself dragged into. Clearly, that agent is hiding something and is linked to these Asgardians in some way. Yet the connection itself did not interest here, but rather the concern of a repeat offender species when it comes to interfering with the matters of a Tier 0 civilization. When she is finally extracted off this backwater of a planet, Arinae will make her full report to her superiors about this incident, as well as humans meddling with tech well beyond the scope of Tier 0 civilizations should have access to.

" How has your species managed to survive when it seems to produce a lot of idiots within your male population?" Her voice soft high pitched tone breaks the silence of the two remaining individuals.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Loki, of course, from the cliffside, just sat there and watched three idiots fight each other, a bit of a fun distraction, and revealed further weaknesses in how the team lacked many things, such as a chain of command and the willingness to cooperate together. This could be the leverage he needs to take them out, and what was so beautiful about this bad idea, well, they would be doing all the work for him.

Another agent bah, he didn't care, really. He could escape and let that failure be their destruction, but he always preferred the close and personal approach. Loki wanted to see them rip each other apart both figuratively and literally if the agent's information was so willing to share is accurate.

" Come to watch men act like children?" He mockingly as a smirk slowly appears on his face, watching men like fools when in reality they were technically on the same side...trying to stop him.

Thor was beyond enraged that he had been attacked, especially after the heated words he said to his brother and concerned more going on than just Loki being Loki. There were other powers involved and seem invested in taking over earth for a reason, and he suspects the Tesseract being that reason. They also are cunning enough to use his brother's ambitions and dark desires.

The Asgardian raised his Hammer in the air and conjured lighting to strike down the man in the meddle suit. He was done with this petty mortal fight he had business with Loki still. " I am here to take Loki back to Asgard, and the only way to do that is with the Tesseract."

Ally walked over, looking at him curiously as he didn't even look like he was going to bother escaping. That was a little concerning, he must have had some reason for it. He clearly was not threatened by them at all.

She sighed softly, once she got close enough to where Loki stood, she could see the men fighting below. "It seems that it's become my job to watch men act like children." She crossed her arms. "Should just get you back on the quinjet and leave them here to kill each other." She shook her head, watching the three men.

She looked out at Cap, Thor, and Stark all fighting each other, wasting time. She figured Thor was not going to be on the same side as Loki, especially after what he'd said to her in the quinjet. So fighting each other wasn't really doing anything.

Glancing over at Loki, she raised an eyebrow "So you're not even going to try to escape?" She didn't understand what his game was here. She figured he could have easily escaped if he wanted to. She was here to try to stop that from happening, but she didn't even have to put up a fight to keep him standing there it seemed. It made her wonder what he was up to.

Looking back out at the men on the ground, she saw them standing around not fighting anymore. She raised an eyebrow, were they done? She wondered to herself, praying that they were. They needed to get back soon.

She looked out at the quinjet as Natasha lowered it to get Loki back on now that the three men were finally done wasting time.

---

Natasha laughed a little, hearing Arinae's question. "That's a great question that I have yet to find the answer to."

Meanwhile, down below the men fought each other until they tired themselves out. As they all got up from the ground, Steve looked between them and said "Are we done here?"

The three men agreed and headed back, seeing the quinjet coming down to get them. It seemed that Thor was gonna stick around since they were all working against Loki and Thor clearly knew Loki better than anyone else there.

They all got back on the quinjet, Natasha looking at the three of them, rolling her eyes, and saying, "You guys have fun out there?" She had Fury in her ear telling her they had to get back here soon. She explained to him the situation, that another Asgardian had come down and taken Loki. She was relieved they hadn't lost him in that mess.

Once everyone was on the quinjet, Natasha started flying back to the helicarrier, not wasting anymore time after that fight lost them a lot of time.

Steve sighed, standing in the quinjet, holding onto a bar above his head as they started flying again. He looked over at Thor, still unsure if they could trust that guy. He would make sure to keep an eye on him just in case, but he seemed to have the same goal as them, get the tesseract and stop Loki's plans, whatever those may be exactly.

" That is a concerning answer..." Arinae comments carefully as she pets Celas, resting on her and taking up seating space. She turns her head to the entrance of the quinjet still open and waiting for boys pretending to be men to be finished with their childish games. "I sure hope they know that time is being wasted while they play their little game."

Arinae concluded that the future of homo sapiens did not seem too bright, considering if this team is all earth could come up with, they were considerably screwed and with her being trapped on this planet, potentially herself being in the same boat as the humans. Even as everyone came on board, she still felt the need to ask. " It seems my expectations for your species have significantly dropped, at least for the male members of your species. However, it seems the women act as a counterbalance to the stupidy of men?"

Now she was a bit curious if this general reckless behaviour was reserved for men, while the women held the common sense and acted as a means of keeping them in check. Humans were confusing. They made contradictory actions and statements, did things that logic could not begin to explain and seem to create systems that were designed to fail. The multitude of cultural variations was just as confusing with each their own customs and rules. Then there was the dreadful over 150 languages. Can a human even speak 150 languages? Why so many? Arinae understood accents and dialects, but 150 completely different languages?! There must be so many misunderstandings! Arinae had many questions relating to humans, but unfortunately too shy to ask, unfortunately leaving to stew in her unanswered questions.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" Honestly, it is a bit pathetic," Loki responds casually; at least they agree on one thing despite being enemies. If he had been biologically related to Thor, he might actually feel embarrassed for the way his brother is behaving like a mindless child throwing a temper tantrum.

" So this is earth's mightiest heroes? It is a bit disappointing they are overgrown children destroying a forest in the middle of nowhere because they want the same thing. I mean, a few words could have easily avoided this situation, don't you think? Actually, now that I think of it, Thor is dumb as an Ox so this would have happened either way."

Loki paused at the suggestion of going back to the quinjet, as much as he would like to follow through with his plan faster, even if there was a remote chance of there being an accidental death to their stupid little match. He very much would like to be a spectator of such a marvellous thing.

" I would much rather stay here and witness them kill each other if you don't mind." Loki briefly glances at the woman with a spark of mischievousness in those eyes and a sly smirk forming on his face. " It would certainly make for an amusing show."

When the question of escape comes to mind, he decides to play downplay by using the one thing that people hardly argued against; common sense and plain logic. Loki knew by using words as a weapon, he could throw people off his actual plans and let them keep guessing his true intentions. " I see little point in attempting such things considering I am outnumbered and outpowered by multiple individuals in unfamiliar terrain. Since I do not have the Tesseract I would be escaping and foot and between my brother, a suit of armour, a man who throws a metal frisbee and a jet...the odds are not in my favour..."

When the fight over his sly smirk disappears from his face as now the distraction has come to an end, it was now to focus on his schemes; it will take a lot of time studying them and searching for more weaknesses to exploit. Loki, of course, brought back to the quinjet once more, being strapped back into the seat surrounded by this supposed team of heroes.

Thor busy watching his brother with great vigilance. He had suspicions that his fight with Loki will not be over once they reach their destination. Loki will not hand over nor willingly reveal the Tesseract location, and he cannot trust this team to understand to get his brother off of Midgard, Thor would need the Tesseract to transport them back to Asgard.

Last edited:
Ally sighed, "A few words easily could have avoided this, yes." She agreed, sighing, hearing him call Thor dumb. She was friends with him before and she didn't want to say he was dumb, thinking back to it she couldn't really remember though.

She rolled her eyes at his comment, glancing over at him to see him smirking.

When he answered her question about why he wasn't trying to escape, she nodded, sighing. That was a pretty good reason.. she was still skeptical, but it did make sense what he had said. "I guess that's a good point.." She sighed, crossing her arms. She was annoyed at how good of a point it was, hoping she was going to get some actual information, but instead he gave her a reasonable answer.

Back on the quinjet, she just waited to get back to the helicarrier, glancing over at Thor a few times. She wanted to speak to him privately, but here wasn't a good place. She didn't know if there was any point though, he had called her by her real name when he first came in, the others might have noticed that. She wasn't sure if they'd been paying that much attention though.. She just hadn't told anyone where she was from and she hadn't really planned to tell them.

It didn't take all that long for them to get back to the helicarrier once they had started flying again. That was good considering they were running pretty late after wasting time fighting.

The quinjet landed on the helicarrier, opening up to let them out.

---

Natasha nodded in agreement, knowing just how much time these guys were wasting by fighting. She couldn't help but laugh a little at Arinae's comment about how the women counterbalanced the men. "I would say that's pretty accurate, yes." Natasha agreed, thinking it was kind of funny, but she had a fair point actually. The men were the ones wasting all the time after all.

Stark heard this conversation and looked over at the two saying, "Stupidity? I'm a well known genius." He crossed his arms, seeming slightly offended by being called stupid.

Steve rolled his eyes at Stark's comment, just shaking his head and looking away. He didn't want to get into a fight with him, but he did not like how cocky Stark seemed to come off as. And despite being a "genius" as he claimed to be, he seemed pretty immature.

As they got closer to the helicarrier, he took a look outside, seeing the helicarrier come into view. They flew down and landed on it, the doors opening up for them to walk out.

Natasha looked over at them, "Report to the briefing room." She said, relaying what Fury had said to her.

Steve walked out and saw that there were already agents there waiting to bring Loki to the glass cell they had for him since Natasha had contacted Fury to let them know when they were almost at the ship. He walked by, heading to the briefing room where he took a seat and looked over to see there was security footage showing into the cell that Loki would be held in.

"...I doubt the survivability of your species..." She comments carefully so that only the women who were part of this team showed some careful consideration. Of course, the Captain was a bit busy trying to keep an egotistical billionaire in check. Of course, when she heard Stark trying to inflate his own ego, generally, he may be considered a genius to his species, but there are far more intelligent beings than him out there among the stars.

" My apologies, but up until now, I've never heard of you. Let alone you have yet to show me this intelligence you claim to have because you are too busy trying to overcompensate... Now we should focus on more important matters. I have to speak to a certain director who also thinks he is the most clever man in the room."

Arinae picks up a small metal sphere from her bag, the same one used to put on the armour, to begin with. she tosses it to the ground, it opens up until flatten and walks over it, and the armour becomes holographic once more. Arinae was back to wearing her formal military outfit. She picks up the device, returns it back into its sphere shape, and puts it in her bag. Celas followed behind her to the briefing, annoyed he was awoken from his nap.

The Celarian woman once entered the briefing room refused to sit still on edge about the true intentions of Director Fury and this organization as a whole. She spoke calmly. " I've done as asked. I want you to scrub your systems of me."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For the remaining duration of the flight to the Helicarrier, Loki remained quiet, with no quips, no insults or even vague threats spoken against members of his team or even his own brother. Instead, he quietly plotted, with the sceptre out of his hands, he would need to depend more on his wit, but what the Avengers did not know is that the sceptre had a way of influencing the minds of others. A sly smirk reveals itself on his face as he is carried away by agents.

Everything is going to plan...now to get that doctor to turn into a mindless monster.

Thor walked to the briefing room as if he had authority over the situation and with good reason. He was the son of Odin and the future king of Asgard sent by the all-father to stop Loki. No one will be safe on Midgard if Loki remains here. He needed to find the Tesseract and return to Asgard and speak with Odin; Loki revealed many important things during their conversation in the wilderness. It is also something he needs to warn these people as well. Loki is not working alone. No one lends an army unless they want something significant on earth...he can only think of the Tesseract being that important thing.

Ally walked out of the quinjet and toward the briefing room. She followed after Thor quickly, catching up to him. "Hey.." She said in a hushed tone, glancing around. "It's been a while." She commented before sighing and saying, "I just wanted to let you know, I go by Ally Frie here.. I'm not really big on talking about the past." She bit her lip and crossed her arms, "So if you wouldn't mind just keeping it sort of.. under wraps."

She didn't know if it even mattered at this point as she figured someone must have noticed that he had not called her by the name she normally went by, but she was going to try just in case no one had paid attention. She had managed to keep it a secret for a while, she didn't want to throw that away because Thor showed up and happened to recognize her.

She glanced over when she heard Arinae enter the room, hearing what she said to Fury. She was a little surprised although she figured she should have expected that, she had thought she wasn't even gonna be able to get her here in the first place.

She glanced back over at Thor for a moment before she took a seat at the table, looking around at the others as everyone got into the briefing room by now. The table was pretty high tech with a spot at each seat that would show footage into the helicarrier detention section which was the area they had the glass cage. It was made as a precaution, but it seemed the perfect place to make sure Loki couldn't escape.

---

Sitting at the table, Steve looked up to see Arinae walk in and talk to Fury right away. Fury didn't look very happy about that request. "We can't do that." He said sternly. "We have to keep everyone in our system as a precaution. We may end up needing it." He told her, SHIELD wasn't the type of organization to just delete someone from their system unless they were doing it to hide something.

Everyone in the room heard the conversation, looking between Arinae and Fury. The conversation seemed pretty calm so far, but it felt like there was a lot of tension in the room overall.

Some of that tension was probably coming from other individuals in the room as well though.

Steve looked at them with a sigh as he leaned back in his chair, "Should we talk about our next move?" He asked, unsure how they were going to find the tesseract. He figured they had to get it out of Loki somehow or track it down if that was possible, maybe Dr. Banner would know how to do that. He wasn't sure, he just wanted to get it back as soon as possible, as all of them did.

He looked over at Thor, almost expecting to hear some information come from him because he did know Loki. He would know Loki way better than any of the rest of them. It was possible he would have an idea of what Loki would do with the tesseract or what his plans may be going forward.

Arinae crosses her arms and answers back in a calm tone, but it is clear by her neutral expression shifted into a slight frown that the answer did not please her. The Celarian was getting annoyed with these people. " Can't or won't are two different things. Besides, your data on me isn't accurate, and it is very insulting that you are confusing me for one of your spineless subordinates. I am not under your authority or any government authority on earth. If I were a threat to your species existence, it would have been known 3 months ago. So I suggest you fulfill the only request I am making."

The alien woman glanced back at the other members of the team. Her intuition still warned Arinae that the situation is not right and there was possibly a danger. She, however, decided not to voice because it would be further reasons for this infuriating Director not to remove her from their systems fully. " I suggest caution. I am not confident in Shield's ability to contain Loki and that for someone so ambitious to give up the fight so quickly... There is something not right. Surely at least one of you must find that suspicious?"

Celas, on the other hand, was hiding under the table because some agents had attempted to pet him and well, he did not like being touched by strangers. Arinae glanced at her companion and frowned, sensing the distress it was causing her friend to have random people approach him in ways that frightened him. The amount of disrespect in this place was pushing Arinae straight to infuriated.

" Fury, the only warning I am giving your agents is this...Celas is not a pet or some dog and should not be treated as such. Suppose Celas is pushed too far by your subordinates' carelessness. In that case, I will not be responsible if they end up with an extremely painful neurotoxin in their system that paralyzes them for hours and affects the brain chemistry in negatives ways that impact cognitive function and behaviour for weeks. That is the best-case scenario I am describing."

An agent who had just attempted to pet Celas quickly returned to his workstation with fear realizing he might have just dodged a painful experience.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Loki sat in his glass cell waiting, well aware that there would people coming to him to seek the whereabouts of the Tesseract, he of course will feign ignorance and use one of his most valuable tools against him, one that on many occasions has annoyed Thor and often led to the idiot being distracted by his emotions allowing the trickster to claim victory. He of course will need to take different approaches when it comes to the individual members of this team, Thor he can easily deal with, along with many others with his main target Dr. Banner since there is a mindless monster inside, but the women, unfortunately, there was little in the means of Leverage. Loki will need to bluff to increase his odds of success.

Yet, something at the back of his mind urged him to think further about the woman with pyrokinesis. Like a familiarity not of personal worth, but just he may have seen her before in passing possibly? Thor seems to knew her and the name he spoke was of Asgardian, meaning that the woman is from Asgard. However, a sly smirk began to form as he now had a new angle to potentially exploit. It did not take long for Loki to consider the potential possibility of a lone Asgardian being on earth is because due to banishment. He could perhaps offer the woman an appealing deal? Use her emotions against her? Perhaps the desire for vengeance lurks deep.

Even though he is separated from his Sceptre the stone residing in the weapon will begin to work its magic on the individuals amplifying the negative dwelling deep within their minds and with any hope influence them against each other and bonus if it triggers the beast residing in Dr.Banner to the surface and destroys the Helicarrier, turning this aircraft into an oversize metal coffin for the avengers. Loki let a few chuckles slip, his plan perfect...too perfect. The fools are practically doing all the work for him at this rate. The trickster only had to remain close and the marvellous show that will unfold before his eyes and he just has to wait for his ride.

" It Has been a while...It seems earth has treated you well."

Thor glanced at her, a bit surprised that she would abandon her birth name and try to make the past vanish. Yet, he could understand, banishment from Asgard would make one yearn for a home they could never return to. He never figured out the reason as to why displacement was given to Alani for an accident as far as the Prince of Asgard knew not. She did not harm a soul during the incident. Thor sometimes never knew what his father thought when it came to these decisions.

" I suppose it is for the best Alan- I mean Ally Frie." Thor corrects himself, attempting to respect her wishes regarding the new life for herself in exile. In many ways, he blamed himself for not being a better friend in the past. When Thor assumed her too unstable, Thor pushed her away and hardly bothered to defend her during her sentencing by the All-Father. He supposed his focus on combat, valour and glory made him abandon so much of Odin's teachings that he too found himself briefly banished.

Past cannot be changed, but perhaps once he reports to his father...possibly convince Odin to undo his harsh decision.

When he entered the briefing room, the alien woman seemed to behave rather calmly, but her words seemed to indicate annoyance. Thor personally wasn't interested in what many of the members of this team were discussing. He cleared his throat to gain their attention before speaking.

" Loki is mischievous and cunning, but this plan is not entirely his. He is working with an alien warmongering race known as the Chittauri. I am uncertain who controls the Chittauri. The Chittauri have advanced technology and are ruthless, and they both seem to have eyes on earth. The All-Father tasked me to retrieve Loki and return him to Asgard to face punishment for his crimes. To return us both to Asgard, we need the Tesseract to do so as the Bifrost is still being repaired and he is too dangerous to be contained by mortals such as yourselves. Even now he plans."

Thor did his best to explain that his brother was not alone in this plot and is working with others, but also made it clear he has targetted earth previously in Loki's bid to secure the throne had sent a dangerous Asgardian sentinel after his friends and himself.

Last edited:
Fury crossed his arms as he looked at her, "We will update our data for accuracy." He told her, deciding to do this instead of completely wiping her from their system. He had no plans to do what she had actually asked him to do.

Hearing what Arinae said about Loki, Stark nodded, "I thought he went down too easy as well." He said, thinking there must be a reason for that. Why would he go down that easily even he didn't have some kind of plan? He was sure he must have had more fight in him, there was no way that someone who viewed themselves as a god would go down like that.

Steve wasn't sure if he thought he'd gone down that easy. He had put up a fight before Stark had gotten there, but maybe they were onto something. Maybe it had been a little easier than it should have.

Looking over to Thor, hearing that there was this army he was working with. "An army... from outer space." He did not look amused at all by it, thinking it sounded like one of the more crazy things he'd heard recently. But he had also found out recently there was much more outside if this universe than he had thought. Back during his time, they didn't have so many problems with alien invasions. It was more the people on Earth they had the issues with.

Banner looked at him, "So he's building another portal." He said "That must be what he needs Erik Selvig for."

Steve nodded, that made sense. That did worry him though. Now they had Loki locked away, but Selvig wasn't. He was still out there and could be making that portal as they speak. And if Arinae was right about not being able to contain Loki here, then they were in a lot more trouble than he had originally anticipated.

---

Before she had gotten into the briefing room, Ally had nodded and said, "Thank you." To Thor, appreciative of him understanding and listening to her request.

In the briefing room, she looked over to Thor as he talked about Loki, eyes widening slightly when he mentioned the Chitauri. She had not expected an alien army to be involved and that made this a lot more worrying. They really had to stop him from creating that portal and getting the Chitauri to Earth. If they got there, they could destroy it.

Natasha looked over as they mentioned Selvig, "Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." She looked off to the side. Ally looked over at her, nodding. She knew Natasha was probably one of the most concerned about Barton as they had become pretty good friends, partnering up on a lot of different missions together.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him" Steve spoke up, "He's not leading an army from here." That was a good point. There had to be some good reason for him to have been captured so easily.

Banner looked over to Steve, "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guys brain is a bag full of cats. You could smell crazy on him." He said, crossing his arms and looking at the rest of the team.

Ally sighed and said, "Maybe he's crazy, but he seems to know what he's doing.."

Arinae listens to voices state their concern about how quietly Loki came with them with little resistance. Even now, she was unwilling to dismiss or let other team members let it go or allow the threat of Loki is minimized due to being viewed as insane. The most dangerous warlords in the universe are the ones who either had delusions of grandeur, sociopathic or psychopathic tendencies or purely insane. Unfortunately, Loki pretty much ticked almost all these boxes.

"If Loki is being backed up by a warmongering army of a technologically advanced civilization. They would severely outclass Earth's weapon and defence systems, and since your species are not organized or unified, and actively creates divisions halting progression and advancement...Humanity does not have a fighting chance."

The alien begins to explain the severity of the situation carefully and reveals her doubts that humanity would be competent enough to handle a situation without additional aid from an equally advanced society or more advanced stepping in to resolve the issue. The odds were not in their favour. Although when Arinae heard about another portal potentially being constructed, the alien's patience reached her limit. It was weird how the Celarian woman's voice never seemed to raise despite her alarm.

"If that is the case, humanity is even more at risk. A single mistake from Dr. Selvig, including an improper power source, could create a far more horrifying situation for your species. This includes multiple potential scenarios that would be considered M.E.E.s or worst, the portal coordinates are entirely off or hijacked, leading to E.E.s coming through. At that point, you would rather the army because at least then your species would have a chance of surviving."

Arinae began to pace, unsure what else she can add. Still, clearly, these people are so dead-set concerned about an army they did not consider the other risks involved with interdimensional or cross-dimensional space travel. There is a lot that can go wrong and will go wrong if mistakes are made.

She was forced to ponder about the motivations of Loki and his intentions for allowing himself to be arrested in the manner that he did, especially when it was in the middle of sending a message to the general public that kneeling before him or death is the only option. Arinae felt like there was a piece of the puzzle missing. Intentionally being left in the dark was both familiar and haunting. The secrets the director was keeping, these fluctuations of emotions from all participants of this conversation. How is she supposed to help?

Thor is alarmed when he heard that an old friend is one of Loki's mind-controlled puppets. Then his heart dropped, knowing that Loki wouldn't just stop at using Selvig before killing him; concerns for Jane Foster's safety quickly came to mind. Thor needed to know that she is safe and alive, or Loki wouldn't make it to Asgard. " He got Dr.Selvig?! Was Jane with him?"

He attempted to calm the swirl of emotions lingering in him, his brother already had a lot to answer for, but if Loki took his personal grudge against him and killed Jane, he might abandon his orders from Odin. Thor could forgive many things, but the death of Jane would not be one of those things. Even now, with a possibility of an invading army at Earth's door, he still found himself wanting to save Loki from his dark path.

Although hearing Dr.Banner declare his brother insane with others agreeing with him, even if it is true, he still felt the need to defend Loki. " Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard and is my brother."

On the other hand, Loki simply gave a sly smirk at the Camera, knowing he had an audience watching his every move. Now it was time for the mind games. The Trickster needs them to be so caught up in speculation that they will fail to see the answers in plain sight. Besides, one of their own would be coming for him. Although he was getting impatient with his scepter not making these people turn on each other faster, because he sort of needs the Hulk to emerge for his plan to have success.

Ally looked over at Arinae, concerned by what she said. She hadn't even thought about the other possibilities if Selvig made any mistakes. Now she hoped he wouldn't make any mistakes, unsure if they could stop the portal before it's opened.

Natasha looked over at Thor and shook her head, "Dr. Selvig was working at a SHIELD facility when he got him, Jane should be safe. Don't worry." She tried to reassure him, not wanting him to be distracted by the fear that something could have happened to her. They had other things to be concerned about right now.

A little surprised by Thor defending Loki, Natasha said, "He killed 80 people in two days."

Banner looked around the room, "I think it's about mechanics... what do they need the iridium for?" which he was quickly cut off by Stark who said, "It's a stabilizing agent. So the portal doesn't collapse on itself like it did at SHIELD."

"It also means that the portal can stay open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants." He looked around at the computers that agents were currently working on "Uh, raise the mizzenmast, jib the top sails." He looked to one of the computers, saying "Agent Barton could get his hands on the rest of the raw materials pretty easily. All he'd need is a power source.. something to kick start the cube." He explained while placing a small hacking implant under Fury's desk in a way that no one would notice.

Ally crossed her arms, watching him as he explained, wondering exactly what type of power source he would need. And if they could stop him from getting to it and hopefully stop the opening of a portal. Glancing to the live footage of Loki, she noticed him smirking at the camera, giving her a pit in her stomach.

---

Hearing Arinae's explanation of all the things that could go wrong with the portal, Steve realized they were up against something much bigger than he knew. He was concerned, but whatever happened they were going to put up a fight. Hopefully they wouldn't have to fight any aliens though.

Looking over at Stark, Steve crossed his arms, listening to him explain. Some of the terminology Stark used, he was not familiar with, but he picked up on the most important parts. "Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" He asked, looking between Stark and Banner who both seemed to have the most knowledge on thermonuclear astrophysics.

Banner looked over to Steve, "He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier."

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Stark spoke up, looking to Banner. Steve looked between the two of them, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Not feeling like his question had been answered. At least not in a way he understood.

"Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Banner responded

"Finally someone who speaks English." Stark looked surprised to find someone else here who understood this stuff the same way he did.

"Is that what just happened?" Steve asked, leaning back in his seat as he looked between the two of them, not understanding any of what they had just said. He sighed as the two greeted each other for the first time.

Fury looked to both of them, "Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube, I was hoping you would join him."

Steve looked over to them, "I'd start with that stick of his. I know it's magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon." He pointed out.

Arinae listened to the scientific jargon the two scientists seemed to throw back to each other, and it was clear to anyone in the room that these two seemed to be enjoying their conversation with each other. Unfortunately, it had to be relating to less than stellar circumstances involving a possible Alien invasion. The Celarian woman did agree with their assessment. For the most part, if Dr.Selvig can get around these issues to achieve the stability of the portal, there would be less risk, but it would not eradicate some of the dangers out of the equation. However, she did not have a full scope of the language nor knowledge of such outdated technology. It left her being unable to contribute anything of worth to the conversation.

The alien crossed her arms when Captain Rogers mentioned the staff. She did not know how to explain what she felt from that thing. Its core had an energy signature that she could not describe, and this core felt extremely old. It was possibly more aged than most life in the universe, which made her highly concerned because it meant previous civilizations had attempted to use that power for their own means and failed miserably. Yet sometimes she picked up strange things from the core, like a consciousness...no, that doesn't make sense. Maybe it is just her becoming exhausted by being surrounded by many individuals picking up their emotions as a near-constant thing.

" I am uncertain about what Hydra was...but the core of the staff...it feels ancient...possibly far older than most life in the universe. I am weary of it, and I wish to keep my distance from it. I don't understand the word magic, but that core something is not right about it." Arinae voiced her concern over not the sceptre but the power source of it. Her violet eyes shifted away from the Captain and directly to Fury. " My only suggestion for you is do not meddle with it...I do not recognize this power source...but it is dangerous. "

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once Natasha explained to Thor that Jane was safe, he began to relax a bit more but still felt the need to be on guard. Knowing she is safe, Thor can focus on keeping everyone else safe. He glanced at the screen, watching the way he smirked. Loki had something in mind or is bluffing. Personally, he hoped it was bluffing because his brother's plans had a nasty habit of involving him getting stabbed as the bare minimum.

Although upon hearing that 80 people had died to the madness of Loki's ambitions, he awkwardly turns away from the spy and rubs the back of his neck while quickly adding. " He's adopted."

Thor then glanced at the rest of the team. " We need to find out where my brother sent Dr. Selvig and this Barton. With them still out there and still under my brother's influence, they might be able to complete the portal without Loki being physically being present, based on how the two scientists explained it."

Loki waited, knowing these simpletons would be confused and seeking answers. They will come to him, and well, he will savour it as much as possible and play his little game with them for a while. However, the moment he grows bored, kill them off by using their own team members to do it for him. These fools have no idea that death comes for him.

Right now, it was his least favourite game at the moment called the waiting game. He hoped they would not take hours only to realize they needed him to speak with him if they would have any idea figuring out his motivations. Maybe if they do not keep him waiting too long, Loki might still be in a good enough mood to toy with whoever decides to interrogate him.

Fury looked to Arinae, listening to what she said about the sceptre. He was curious as to what she was saying about the core and what that would mean about the sceptre itself. "Well it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys."

He looked to Thor, nodding "Once we find the cube, we should be able to find them." He said, knowing they should be with the cube if they were working on this portal that they were using it for. He too wanted to find them before anything happened, Barton was a good agent he really didn't want to lose.

Stark looked to Banner, "Should we play, doctor?" Banner nodded and they went off to the lab to get started on their work finding the tesseract.

"While they're doing that, we'll need to figure out what Loki is up to." He looked to Ally, "Agent Frie, you up for an interrogation?" Fury asked, though it wasn't so much of a question as it was an instruction.

Ally looked up at Fury, hearing her name. She had not been contributing much due to her lack of scientific experience, but an interrogation sounded like something she could do. She nodded, standing up from her seat. "I'll see what I can find." She said, walking out of the room.

She made her way down to the glass cage Loki was being kept in, walking up to it and crossing her arms. This was the first time she got a good look at him in the light, it was dark out when she spoke to him on the side of that mountain. And now there was glass between them that made her feel only slightly safer. Looking at him now, she could tell he looked pretty similar to how he had when she'd met him in Asgard, except he appeared much angrier.

---

Steve listened to the information about the staff, wondering what Arinae meant by that. He didn't know what that would mean, but it made him wary of the stuff. More so than he already had been.

Once everyone was going off to take care of what they needed to, Steve did not have any specific job to be working on. So he headed over to the lab to see how the tracking was going, only to walk in on Stark messing with Banner. "Are you nuts?" He said, walking over.

"Jury's out.. You really got a lid on it huh? What's your secret? Mellow jazz, bongo drums, huge bag of weed?" Stark asked Banner.

"Is everything a joke to you?" Steve asked, upset by how dangerous it could be if Stark annoyed Banner to the point of losing control.

"Funny things are."

"Threatening the safety of everyone on this ship isn't funny." He looked to Banner, "No offense, Doc" He said, looking between the two of them now as Banner explained that he could handle pointy things. "You need to focus on the problem, Mr. Stark."

"Do you think I'm not? Why did Fury call us in, why now? Why not before? What isn't he telling us? I can't do the equation unless I have all the variables.." Stark explained, Steve watching him, unsure what he was talking about. He seemed to be insinuating that Fury was hiding something from them, but Steve was unsure what that would be.

"You think Fury's hiding something?" Steve asked, the thought hadn't really crossed his mind because he was busy worrying about stopping Loki, but now he had to wonder if Stark was onto something.

"He's a spy... he's the spy. His secrets have secrets. It's bugging him too, isn't it?" He said, gesturing to Banner who really seemed like he just wanted to be left out of it, but he clearly felt like there was something up too.

Thor nodded, knowing it would take time to figure out where Dr.Selvig is located and securing the cube; unfortunately, the humans will not keep the Tesseract as it will be needed to transport them back to Asgard. He suspects that there may be some resistance as these people seem very invested in the Tesseract.

He glanced at Ally, knowing his brother will be difficult to gain answers from, and there is a risk that he even knows Loki plans on scheming his way out of the mess he has created. Thor worries that interrogating the Trickster God might pose too much difficulty to get straight answers from.

Loki stood there almost as if he had been waiting for this moment. Although there was a brief flash of surprise, he never considered they would send the banished Asgardian to interrogate him. He had almost expected the Redhead with the bloody ledger to be sent down as Loki had heard from that odd agent that the Director had a particular fondness for using the double agent to get information. He gives a sly grin knowing a different kind of opportunity has presented itself to him, and he was not one to let such a chance go to waste.

" Ahh, I never thought they would send you down. From what I understand, the other agent is a favourite of your Director. Now I suppose you have questions for me?" Loki begins the conversation attempting to rob the Asgardian woman control with a game of words and a battle of minds...two things that few could counter him in. Still, then again, Asgardians always focus on combat and bloody battles rather than words and the power of the mind.

" I must say, at first, I had no clue who you were, yet there was a passing familiarity about you. It got me pondering and as to where I would have met you." Loki spoke, attempting to force the woman on the defensive, trying to prevent this banished Asgardian from asking questions and have her fail at the task she had been given as a show of power over the lesser people. His sly smirk widens into a grin " Then I realized there was one other Asgardian in recent times that was banishment. However, unlike the idiot prince, you were never given a second chance... Alani Freyrdötter. Hardly sounds fair, doesn't it? A little fire and then cast out, yet my brother planned to wage war, violated a peace treaty and threatened the peace of the 9 realms and is allowed to return."

Loki knew how to hurt people without ever raising a weapon, mention their failings, how the world isn't fair and progressively lead into using their personal relationships to attack a person until mentally they cannot uphold their mental fortitude against him. " Yet...even now, your parents suffer significantly because of your banishment. Such a great shame you must have caused them...all that disappointment. Yet, their suffering comes from the same king that allowed Thor back into Asgard just days after declaring him banished...Hardly seems right, doesn't it?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arinae entered the lab only to hear the signs of an argument break out. She pinches the bridge of her nose. The hostile emotions between the two men aggravating. There is only so much she can handle when it came to strong negative emotions. Considering how the whole vessel is filled with overworked and highly stressed people because of a potential alien invasion certainly did not help.

Arinae glanced at the trio of men. However, she had empathy for Bruce. While the side effects of dealing with negative emotions are different, it still had a physical and psychological toll that few could understand. " As much as both of you are making fair points, and I agree with you both in some things. I would like to remind you that heated discussions will not get us closer to resolving the situation we find ourselves in and may introduce potential risks that can be avoided."

She walked further into the room carefully, glancing around only to give a slight nod to Dr.Banner, respecting his space and trying not to overwhelm him further. The alien stared down Stark, not amused by his curiosity, causing him to do stupid things. Arinae gave the billionaire a look well aware of what has been up to aside from harassing Dr. Banner " Stark...I think Bruce would appreciate it if you kept the more destructive aspect of your curiosity to yourself...But I agree that Fury has been misleading us on the full scope of the situation from the start. This puts lives at risk, but he doesn't seem to care that much about that does he?"

Arinae did glance at Captain Rogers next and responded to him carefully. " What Stark did was incredibly stupid and shows that despite being intelligent, he seems to lack what most of your species lacks at times...common sense. Wait, why is it called that when it seems to be a rarity? Never mind that doesn't matter...But what does matter we are being left in the dark. We cannot do our best with the limited information we have."

Ally had gone in expecting him to be tough to crack. She hadn't been sure if he knew who she was though. She thought he might have figured it out and he made it clear right away that he had. As he went on to talk about what had happened to her, she shifted her position a little, feeling uncomfortable with how much he was revealing right now.

"It's Ally now." She said sternly "Ally Frie." She added her new last name. She preferred her real name, but she had to come up with this one on the spot and now it was on all of her forms of identification.

"Of course they gave him a second chance. He's a son of Odin. There's no hard feelings there.. it's water under the bridge" She tried to keep a calm demeanor, pretending like she didn't care that they had let Thor come back and not her. Part of her upset with Thor for not advocating for her when they were supposed to be friends.

As he mentioned her parents, she looked down. She lived with the thought that she'd disappointed them everyday. The look on their faces as she was sentenced to banishment still haunting her mind. She shook her head, reminding herself why she was here. "It's my own fault." She said, looking at him. "I have no one else to blame. Do you?" She raised an eyebrow at him, trying to shift the conversation away from talking about herself and over to him, wanting to find out whatever she could about his plans.

---

Steve looked over to see Arinae come in, hearing that she thought Fury was hiding things too. He wasn't so surprised she had though, but knowing Stark and Banner seemed to think so too, it was worth looking into.

Stark nodded in agreement, "See even E.T. over here agrees." He noticed the strange look Steve was giving him from that and he rolled his eyes, "Very popular alien movie.."

Steve nodded, "Right.." He said, but he still didn't know what Fury would be hiding from them or why. "Why would Fury need to hide anything from us?" He asked, thinking that would be counterproductive to what they were trying to do.

Banner sighed, "Loki made a jab at Fury about the cube.. a warm light for all mankind." He looked to Stark, "I think that was meant for you. I mean even if Barton didn't tell him about the tower, it was still all over the news."

"Stark Tower? That big ugly-" Steve paused when Stark gave him a look. "...building in New York."

Banner nodded, "It's powered by an arc reactor, a self-sustaining energy source. That building could be running itself for what? a year?" He looked over to Stark who nodded.

"it's just the prototype. I'm kind of the only name in clean energy right now, that's what he's getting at."

Steve wasn't sure how this related until Banner said, "So why didn't SHIELD bring him in on the tesseract project..? What are they doing in the energy business in the first place?"

Steve crossed his arms, looking around the three in the room. "So.. basically what were they doing with the tesseract?" That was something he hadn't considered. Something he hadn't even realized he didn't know, why did they have it in the first place, what were they working on that eventually led to it being stolen?

Loki smirked, knowing full well he was hitting very sore spots for the woman, not that he cared; if he can at least force her in a place where she would be unwilling to work with Thor, it would undoubtedly be better than nothing.

"Yet. I hold doubts you really feel that way. It seems hypocritical for a king to give such a heavy sentence to such a minor thing as a fire. I mean, as a child, Thor destroyed a lot of property with random lightning strikes. Yet never once seemed to be condemned by other Asgardians, yet Odin treated any mishap very differently with, wasn't it?"

Loki began to walk around his tiny cage. He knew attempting to escape this prison designed to handle the Hulk would be a death sentence as he would plummet from the sky...the whole setup contrived to him. There were much better setups when it came to imprisoning him...they could have at least given him a chair.

" Ahh, weak attempt on trying to get me to talk about other things...but I am curious, do they know? The people that employ you now? Shame really a once-proud Asgardian reduced to this? A real shame, really...honestly, I almost feel sorry. Considering Asgardians live for so long, what will happen when they realize time doesn't affect you the same way? What will you have in five hundred years? Nothing."

Loki's statement was designed to form a sense of isolation, disappointing how quickly Alani let control over the situation slip into his favour now. All she can do is either attempt to regain control or remain on the defensive. Wasting time is all he needed to do at this point, and wait for the pieces to fall into place.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arinae is confused about being called E.T., unsure what that was or what he was referring to, but upon hearing that it was a movie, she instantly regrets even somewhat agreeing with him. " I am redacting my statements...As I do not understand why you are referring me to this E.T."

She went back to listening to the three men debate about the intentions of Director Fury keeping so many secrets. Only made worst as their conversation continues, the Director claimed renewal energy, yet apparently, Stark already had the technology for possibly clean energy in place, yet was not brought on to the project. The alien woman began to pace, not interrupting their conversation. This whole situation reminded her of the military science divisions within the Celarian military, always protecting the secrets involving their projects, significantly when they believed any person could leak their secrets. The Celarian Military and government held too many secrets, and the safety mechanism in place to prevent regicide nearly failed...

When the trio began to ask the right questions as to why Shield was going into the energy business when there is no need for them to do so unless it was never designed to help with the supposed energy crisis that humanity faces. It did not make sense to exclude the world's top scientists, even if that included a man-child with promiscuous behaviours and a desire to expire from his own stupidity rather than old age.

" That's because their intent was never clean energy..." Arinae's soft voice interrupts the speculation with her own theory, now concerned if Shield's meddling in something worst than interdimensional travel. " It seems entirely idiotic to use an object designed for interdimensional travel as a battery."

Last edited:
Ally watched him pace around the cage, remaining calm was proving to be much more difficult than she had expected. She knew if she didn't remain calm, her powers could start acting up though.

Her heart dropped to her stomach as he brought up how time would affect her differently. The thought had crossed her mind before and it usually sent her spiraling, so she ignored the thought as much as possible, which is what she tried to do now. She didn't want to waste anymore of her time on this conversation that made her very uncomfortable, feeling that it was going nowhere.

"Oh? And what will you have?" She crossed her arms, trying to change the subject, "Say you take over this planet.. you get everything you want and then what? What comes next? You won't be satisfied with just that." her anger bubbled inside her from what he'd said to her, but she used it as fuel to really start interrogating him, hoping to get anything she could out of him.

"So what are you trying to prove? That you're a king?" She shook her head, "You are no king."

"You know when I first met you, I actually thought you were more mature than your brother, but it seems you're really just a petulant child throwing a tantrum because no one will give you what you want."

---

Steve looked over to Arinae, surprised by this theory, but thinking she could be onto something. "Well maybe... but if their intent was never clean energy.. then what was it?" He wasn't totally convinced SHIELD was hiding something, but they had made some good points.

Stark looked over at him, "We'll know once my decryption program finishes breaking into all of SHIELD's secure files." He said, walking around to one of the screens in the room, looking to see where the decryption program was at in breaking in.

Steve was shocked by this "I'm sorry.. did you say-" He was quickly cut off by Stark though.

"Jarvis has been running it since I hit the bridge. In a few hours, I'll know every dirty secret SHIELD has ever tried to hide." Stark explained.

"And yet you're confused as to why they don't want you around?" Steve asked, a stern look on his face.

"An intelligence organization that fears intelligence? Historically, not awesome." Stark said, the tension between him and Steve was pretty strong again, the two clearly butting heads.

Steve sighed, shaking his head, deciding this must just be some kind of mind trick, "No.. I think Loki's just trying to wind us up. This is a man who means to start a war, and if we don't stay focused, he'll succeed. We have orders, we should follow them."

"Yeah.. following is not really my style." Stark said with a shrug.

Steve nodded with a mocking smile, "And you're all about style, aren't you?

Banner wasn't interested in having any fights here, so he just said calmly, "Steve, are you telling me none of this smells a little funky to you?"

Steve looks between the two scientists and then to Arinae, all of whom seemed pretty set on the belief that SHIELD was hiding something. He was skeptical, but he really wanted to know now. "Just find the cube." He said before walking out of the lab. He stopped outside, looking around and walking off to find out what they were hiding for himself.

However, Loki narrowed his eyes as the woman spoke of him as if she knew him. No one knew him, and he could care less what she thought of him. He had ambition, but he was mainly fed up with Odin and his blatant favouritism to Thor. Lok then paused his pacing and stared her down.

"My point will be made. Humans are divided and slaughter each other daily. They clearly need better leaders, don't you think?" Loki points out before he ponders in thought. " Well, there will be rebellions to quell, possibly Odin speeding up repairs of the Bifrost at that point if he is not too busy mourning his son."

" I am a king by birth, right! I am the son of laufeyson. I am sure you are not as dumb as Thor and can figure out what that means." Loki loathed being what he was after years of Odin telling terrible stories about the frost giants and with his attempt of Genocide against them failed. This led him to encounter a far more knowledgeable man who taught him the true power contained in the Tesseract and has grown immensely powerful due to this dangerous knowledge.

" You say I am not a king, but would you still bow down to Odin and Thor after they wronged you in such a way? How the rules never seem to apply to them? Odin hordes powerful relics, and Thor only considers you a friend when it is convenient for him to do so? Odin undid Thor's banishment less than a week, yet how long have you been left here to struggle?"

Loki knew her counterattack was getting dangerous. He had not anticipated this response and could feel his own words getting heated as fury burned beneath the surface. Being compared to a child was the final straw for the Trickster. He decided that this Asgardian would be worthless to his plans, and she can die with the rest of them. Shame...they almost had something in common with each other.

"You ask pointless questions? A real pathetic attempt, like a child praying for answers. You lie and are in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate. To have your own code. Something that makes up for the realization that you have no one and that you are nothing! Nothing you say will get you any closer to figuring things out."

Loki grows bolder hastily walks towards the glass, slamming it not enough to do damage as that would lead to his demise. He is attempting to reclaim control over the situation. Infuriated from what this Asgardian assumed about him. However, in his anger, he begins to slip up revealing pieces of his plan in the process. "I am going to have Barton kill Romanoff slowly and intimately. He'll wake up long enough to see his work, only to be killed at my hands!"

Arinae was about to add more to her theory of what they were possibly attempting to do with the Tesseract. Unfortunately, tensions began to rise once more when He revealed that he was, in fact, Hacking Shield...explains the odd behaviour back on the bridge confirming her suspicions. However, this was not the time for them to start having another argument.

The moment Captain Rogers suggested they should just focus on the mission and follow orders. Arinae silently disagreed with him in that regard. When you blindly follow orders, there is often a lot more to lose than most soldiers realize. In the end, there is nothing left but regret, fury and sorrow from the betrayal coming from superiors because they kept secrets, and it costed lives in the process.

The alien watched as the Captain left. She wasn't sure if it was curiosity or suspicion that drove her to follow him. Arinae, a few moments after the soldier left, she observes, although keeping her distance. It was difficult to read his emotions as it was a chaotic cyclone of emotions. It was difficult for her to name the emotions involved as they all seem to blend together into the perfect storm... of determination for the truth.

" You seek to confirm what everyone else suspects...Yet you prefer action rather than words?" Arinae breaks the silence of the corridor; not a single agent seemed to be patrolling in this area as most of them are focused on the search for the Tesseract or guarding Loki, meaning other areas of the Helicarrier are less protected. " I do not mean offence, but it is something I've observed..."

Ally's eyes widened slightly as he revealed his true parentage. "You're not a son of Odin..." She spoke under her breath. She had not expected that. Seemed she'd missed a lot of things while she was here. It made sense as to why Thor was always the favorite. She figured that must be why he was doing these things now. Or it must have been some part of it.

His words still cut deep, but she could tell he was getting angry now. She hoped he would slip up and reveal something in his anger. She put on her own tough exterior, trying not to let his words get to her and instead let him get angry. His words ran through her mind though, reminding her of the resentment she still had towards Thor.

She knew she couldn't focus on his words though and she had a lot of practice keeping her emotions in check. Knowing it was important to avoid burning anything down or losing control.

She gasped as he slammed the glass, backing up and quickly turning around, listening as she realized he was starting to reveal pieces of his plan. She was actually getting somewhere now. And she hoped to get him to continue revealing his plan. She looked down, her back to him as she said, "You're a monster."

---

Steve made his way towards the hull of the ship, the closer he got, the less agents he saw in the area. It seemed they were all too busy with other things at the moment that no one was back this way. He hadn't realized anyone was following him until he heard Arinae speak up though. He kept walking, looking determined.

He nodded in agreement, "Yeah exactly." He glanced over at her while he walked, "The computer's taking a little too long for me." As much as he talked about following orders, he wasn't going to be able to get this off his mind until he found out. Everything they said had made sense, Fury must have been hiding something, but what and why? He wondered.

"This is how we used to do things before all this technology anyway." He got to a door that read 'Secure Storage 10-C.' Looking it over for a moment, he went to try to open it. Of course it was locked, which he'd expected.

He got a better grip of the large metal door, pulling on it as hard as he could. With any normal man's strength, this wouldn't have been able to be opened, but being a super soldier, Steve managed to slide it open without needing any key or code.

He looked over at Arinae, "Are you coming?" He asked as he walked inside, seeing storage containers everywhere. He figured there must be something in here with answers.

Loki felt like he was getting somewhere with her reaction. A dark grin appeared on his face as he watched her turn away. He chuckles, realizing for an Asgardian, she was weak and naïve to the world around her, it seemed. "Oh no...Your friend brought the monster here."

He began to walk around suddenly calm again like his outburst did not occur. Loki knew it didn't matter at this point. Most won't take him as a serious threat because he is locked up, and none of that would matter. Unfortunately, it means revealing his big play in the heat of the moment. Yes, he had other cards, but none as valued as getting Banner to become the Hulk on this vessel and turning it into a metal coffin.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

" A computer is not always needed to confirm suspicions." Arinae agreed that the hacking method may give complete information. Still, knowing the director, he would deny it until more physical evidence is presented. That seemed to what the Captain is after to confront the director of his mishandling of the situation. These severe risks this information gap poses to the rest of the team.

Arinae walks at a quicker pace to catch up to the man on a mission. She listened to him speak before deciding to correct him. " Maybe humans have grown reliant on the information that comes from a screen, but from experience, my superiors preferred physical evidence. It is why operatives like myself exist."

The creaking of the metal door as it is forced open, by sheer strength alone, the Celarian silently watched, a bit stunned. It was a bit shocking to witness the feat of strength. She assumed his power had been over-exaggerated on the file she briefly viewed. The mind may be older, but the body remained unaffected by time due to circumstances where the ice preserved his body in the frigid temperatures of the arctic circle.

She took his words as a cue to follow him into the storage room. Arinae walked into the room and looked at him tilting her head confused looking over at some of the older containers. She began to concentrate on her unconventional abilities. " I-I...The secret they are hiding is much older...I can feel there are things here far older than this vessel...but The age...does not compare to yours...but it is close... a close second."

Arinae kept her hands away from touching any of the crates, nervous about what her extrasensory abilities would uncover. She anticipated deception and secrets, but not lies and secrets that were so old they span beyond this generation. That had her concerned, unsure what lengths Shield would go to keep their secrets... " Their secrets could be drenched in blood...we should tread carefully."

Last edited:
Ally turned back around quickly, the realization coming to her when he said that. "So Banner? That's your play.." She had a small smirk on her face, glad she had gotten something out of him. For a second there she had thought he had succeeded at derailing the conversation, but she managed to get back and track thankfully.

She spoke on her earpiece, "Loki means to unleash the hulk, keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way." She sighed, "And send Thor as well." She looked back over at Loki, looking pretty proud of herself for figuring that one out. "Thank you for your cooperation." She said to him with a smile before walking out of the room to make sure Banner was in a safe environment.

---

Steve listened, nodding, "I prefer physical evidence." He walked into the storage room, looking around at the crates surrounding them. Wondering what was inside of them.

Hearing what she said, Steve looked over curiously, "They're from my time? Or... close to my time." He looked at the crates, now really wanting to know what was inside of there. "What are you hiding Fury?" He said to himself as he looked over one of the crates. He sighed, "We're gonna have to open them up if we want to find anything."

He started trying to open one up, finding it was pretty secure. Which was to be expected, but Steve wasn't giving up. He looked around the storage area until he found a crowbar. "Here we go.." He took the crowbar over to the crate and used all of his strength to pop it open. Dropping the crowbar off to the side, he held the crate open, eyes wide as he saw what was inside the crate.

It held an assault rifle which upon closer look, Steve realized what they were and said, "These are Hydra weapons.." He glanced over to her, "Hydra is a fascist terrorist organization." He still couldn't believe what he was seeing. This was not what he had expected. "I had a big role in stopping them from using weapons of mass destruction on American cities. These weapons.." He picked up the weapon, wanting to bring the evidence with him, "That's actually what I was doing just before I went under."

He shook his head, clearly angry, "And then I wake up years later just for SHIELD to have me take part in exactly what I was fighting against!"

It did not take long to realize Loki's hubris caused a blunder in his plans. He exposed what he really was aiming for yet was too stunned to form words suitably. The trickster accidentally gave the Asgardian woman exactly what Shield wanted. It was infuriating he lost to the game of words, which is extremely rare, but he cannot redo time in the end.

Shield figuring his plan out rarely makes a difference considering they do not know how to pull it off. All they can do is make assumptions and take precautions based on how they believe he will act—a foolish attempt to prevent the beast from being revealed. Loki clasps his hands behind his back and strolls about his cell, waiting for the inevitable outcome to follow by telling his plans to Alani accidentally. Perhaps that would be the final push to force the beast out, turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Well, if that failed, there was always Barton.

Thor waited for Ally to return from the interrogation with his brother. There was still much to do to prevent the Chitauri invasion, and he was uncertain what angle his brother is playing aside that his ambitions have gone too far and he wants to be king. He missed the days of their youth where they talk of future rulers was distant thought and where he and Loki were inseparable. Now it always seems that Thor has to fight against Loki for the betterment of Asgard constantly. He paces around, unsure what else to do to keep himself busy while he waits. There seemed to be a lot of waiting and not enough action around here. Thor couldn't help but be bothered, still because there was someone above Loki who helped orchestrate this plan.

Agent Barton had a small team of brainwashed shield agents ready; they were in a stolen Quinjet from another Shield facility. The plan was to do as much damage to the Helicarrier as possible as a distraction for Loki to escape with the sceptre. He knew that the level of chaos of being under attack would cause would increase the chances of the Hulk emerging, further limiting Shield's ability to focus on Loki. Agent Barton knew in the next thirty minutes they would be within Shield's radar, and they would need to act fast, taking their defence systems and other aircraft before they can become airborne. After Loki is extracted, they were to head to New York as Selvig is already setting up the machine that would help stabilize the portal needed. It seems the Arc reactor would be safer than using a Nuclear power plant due to the high risks of a potential nuclear meltdown.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arinae stares at what lay in the crates, a helmet and a gun, Yet the symbol confused her the most; Shield's was that of a proud bird, not a skull with tendrils. She glanced at Captain Rogers as he explained where these weapons came from and what they represented. What had her concerned is that the Captain fought this enemy once before preventing a calamity of civilian populations. It was the very reason why he ended in a natural form of cryostasis. A lot he sacrificed to protect innocent people from the dark hunger that lies with greed and ambition.

" People are quick to forget atrocities of the past in a bid for power. That Shield is attempting to replicate these weapons...I assume that Hydra created these weapons through means of extracting power from the Tesseract?" She quickly has concluded that this must be the case. Still, Arinae wanted to hear this from the only man on the helicarrier who witnessed Hydra use these weapons and maybe understood how they were made. There was a possibility that Captain Rogers is the only man left on earth today that would remember the fight against Hydra vividly to give her a definitive answer, given that humans are far more limited in their lifespans. Humanity has been shown to cross dangerous lines.

The celarian felt his strong emotions, the chaotic storm of emotions that can only be described as righteous fury. She can never know the root thought of the emotion, but these weapons were the sole cause of these emotions. Captain Rogers only explained the basics of his military service history. Still, it did not take a genius to know the man had lost almost everything to fight Hydra. Then to have Shield attempt to replicate this technology, lie and manipulate them all to fix their mistakes and failings, putting their lives at risk because they were unwilling to admit their faults in the situation. Arinae understood this could be viewed as a betrayal to military men like Captain Rogers. Yet, in her experiences, Soldiers are nothing more than a means to an end, no matter how high the body count becomes and to Shield, this team of supposed heroes is their pawns. If they die, no tears would be shed by their director.

" I do not wish to be rude, but I sense that this matter is highly personal. You must have endured many significant personal losses before the end of that war, including waking up to a world that might as well be an alien planet for the familiarity almost completely stripped away. You have my condolences..."

Arinae did not want to intrude further on the Captain's emotions and decided that this energy needs to be directed towards confronting the Director. This is directly his fault, and his little game of lies ends now. The celarian decided the time for politeness was over because that will not get her the answers she needs. Arinae is absolutely done having her life being at risk because of the incompetence and secrecy of Shield. They can find someone else stupid enough to want to fill their ranks. She is definitely getting her information wipe, and she is no longer asking... It seems Lunaris will need to be reactivated.

" I suggest we head back to the bridge...I plan to have a conversation with the director...it will not be pleasant."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back