• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel(ous) Search -Always open-

emptyspaces

Hi there!
I'm new to this site and tried to suss out how these search threads go so hopefully I'm not making a fool of myself/missing any important details here. I've been roleplaying for about six years now and within the last six or so months I've really gotten back into the swing of things. Edited to add: still fairly new because life got in the way so I'm now re-bumping this thread. : )

-Must be 18+

- Currently searching for Steve/Tony with no preference on who I play. Those two are my favorite(together and separate) and have been my favorites for years in the comics and the MCU. I'm craving really anything to do with those two!
- I can write 300-2000 words, really depends on what's going on in the scene and what I'm given. In short, the typical I mirror what you give type of thing. I'd prefer no one-liners because that usually makes it difficult for me to reply.

- I don’t like starting storylines without any direction. Preferably, I'd like to have some kind of plotting done before we start. I don't need to have 5000+ words of plotting between us before we start, but having the main plot and a few good points ironed out make things flow a lot easier and helps to not get writer's block as we make everything up on the fly.

- As I've said, I'm new to this site so we can role-play through PMs or threads. I also have a Discord but I'm new to that platform as well so a slight learning curve (I swear I'm not 60, just 23 and technologically challenged) We can also just chat in the replies below if you'd rather get to know each other first that way. And on the off chance that other people still use the site, like I do, I'm also on Gaia Online and we can RP through threads/PMs there!
- Below are plot ideas I have/just jumbles we can incorporate into other plots. Also feel free to send me your ideas as I'm not married to any plot listed below. If you have any questions of me please feel free to ask!

1. Iron Man keeps his identity a secret after he’s rescued from Afghanistan, it's safer and easier that way. There is Tony Stark; billionaire, genius, futurist, over-qualified armor mechanic. And then there is Iron Man; Stark’s employed bodyguard. ‘Both men’ are deemed qualified for a spot on the Avenger's initiative. One as an active crime-fighting member. The other as a benefactor, consultant, and high-tech equipment provider. The team is still reeling from the aftermath of the alien invasion in New York, the cleanup, the fallout. But they slowly find their footing and meld together as a team within the Avenger's Tower, albeit they still bicker and tensions can run high they’re not nearly as volatile as they were. Mostly. Steve and Tony still find themselves completely at odds with one another and on goods they can tolerate each other, maybe even share a smile or two, but their bad days are spent screaming at each other in the briefing room after a mission or barbed jabs that leave them avoiding each other for days. On the other hand, Steve and Iron Man are a completely different story. Captain America and the Armored Avenger have a friendship forged through battles, missions, and having the other's back. Their comradery, and perhaps a crush or two, grows stronger by the day.

2. Villainous Iron Man. Whatever his motives, however he got started, whether he wants out of the business or not, Iron Man is branded one of the bad guys. The true identity of the red and gold suit is unknown. The Avengers are tasked with either figuring out his identity or taking hime down and bringing him in, the ladder is the objective most-pushed by Fury. Steve finds Iron Man an interesting enigma though because while viewed as a villain, Iron Man's actions never seem downright evil. Sometimes he swoops in to save the day, other times it seems like a wrong place wrong time scenario. None of that seems to matter much because the governmental giant that is SHIELD wants the damn suit and The Avengers are going to bring it in, one way or another.

3. It's been four years since Tony flew the nuke through the portal, sacrificing himself to save the people of Manhattan. They all watched it, waited for his return but the counter reached zero, leaving Cap to call it. The portal closed and that was that, the world healed but the Avenger's didn't. Sure, they worked around their grief but not everyone could. Bruce was using every resource he could scrounge up, probing and hoping for a sign from his friend while the others made the occasional inquiry. That lasted about a year and a half before they gave up completely; Tony was dead. Only, he wasn't. Tony was stranded upon the Chitari ship, scrounging up resources and avoiding hungry neighbors all the while trying to survive with very little consumable food. But thanks to his vigilance, and a bit of luck, his signal finally caught the attention of his friend back on Earth. It caused quite a buzz, the SOS, and with haste SHIELD sent a team to retrieve their Iron Man. Only, would it be the same man from four years ago or would it be an empty shell of the man they once knew?

4. Captain America movie verse but instead of Peggy it's Tony. OR Howard Stark can be older here and Tony is just getting his foot in the industry's door by working for/with his dad.

5. Some kind of superhero academy AU. Maybe Steve and Tony are teachers/professors? Like an MCU twist of the X-Mansion. But, y'know, cooler.

Word jumbles:
Tony is completely and utterly in love with Steve, yet Cap is completely oblivious to it.
They're both disgustingly in love with each other but at too dumb to see it.
Down for slice of life.
Superdads with Peter as adoptive son/the 'Avenger's unofficial son'.

I can also expand upon any of these if you'd like more!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back