• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel / OC Universe ; Literate RP Sign-Up

I'm gonna say this right now. This is the first time I've ever played Doctor Strange so I may screw some things up.
strange.gif
Real Name → Stephen Vincent Strange
Current Alias → Doctor Stephen Strange
Affiliation → Avengers
Base Of Operations → Sanctum Santorum

Identity → No dual identity
Citizenship → American
Marital Status → Separated
Occupation → Sorcerer Supreme
Education → Medical doctorate

Gender → Male
Height → 6'2"
Weight → 180 lbs
Eyes → Grey
Hair → Black with streaks of white
Unusual Features → None

Powers and Abilities

Sorcerer-
Dr. Strange possesses a vast mastery of the mystic arts; his primary magical patrons are a group of entities known as "the Vishanti." The Vishanti are a trinity of godly beings comprised of Agamotto, Hoggoth, and Oshtur. Although he has, on rare occasions, called upon the power of demons such as Dormammu; Strange more frequently did so before he realized Dormammu's true dark nature in the earlier issues. He has once stated that he can kill a mortal with the mere twitch of a finger.
Infinite Longevity/Fearlessness-
Dr. Strange's lifespan has been extended and his fear of dying subsided in a manner similar to that of his mentor the Ancient One, due to a successful contest against Death. Though he can still be killed and even physically wounded he cannot succumb to any medical diseases, nor does he age. However, he still requires food, water, oxygen, and sleep, same as a normal human. Strange passed a test by the Ancient One and defeated Death, or more accurately, accepted Death. As a result, from that moment forward, Doc stopped aging. "Death may come only from without, in battle-- and not from within." The Ancient One had once passed the same test himself and lived 600 years. From that moment forward, a glowing ankh appears on Doc's forehead when he is in a situation of great danger and his death is imminent, "when Strange most needs a reaffirmation of life.
Mystic Bolts
Astral Projection-
Doctor Strange can release his astral form from his body, instantaneously and at will. In this form he does not need to breathe, eat, drink or sleep, is unrestricted by physical laws, is invisible (though can be seen by any if he wished it so), intangible, and incapable of being harmed by all but the most powerful and rigorous of mystic means. As physical laws are meaningless on the astral plane, Strange is able to use it to traverse at virtually any speed desirable.
Conjuring of Objects
Transmutation-
The ability to change one thing to another. He used spells in this case.'
Telepathy-
Dr. Strange can psychically communicate and read minds These abilities can be amplified by mystic energy (as against Moondragon) and/or the Eye of Agamotto (done countless times) to afford Stephen incredibly powerful psychic abilities.
Telekinesis
Hypnotism
Illusions
Intangibility-
The ability of Invisibility or Near-Invisibility and Phasing through solid material.
Time Manipulation-
Strange has frozen, slowed, and traveled through time. This magic is enacted only through extreme concentration.
Elemental Manipulation-
Dr. Strange can manipulate and control the elemental forces.
Teleportation
Dimensional Travel
Various other spells-
These spells seem to be quicker to perform but lesser in power than spells using divine energy. Strange has used his magics altogether to alter his clothing through something akin to minor molecular control, control and manipulate elements, etc.

Weakness

He is still human physically
His body has changed so much after years of magic use that his stomach no longer accepts normal human foods and can only ingest things that would kill a normal human​

(Not sure if you would want to include the "Magic always has a Cost" weakness)

@Mion → Thor or Magneto
@Jhade → Original Character
@Kasigi → Original Character

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- → Scorpion (Posted)
@PlusUltra → Gwenpoole (Posted)
@Rusty of Shackleford → Spider-Man (Posted)

@MouseAndHound → Original Character
@LittleBlindKitten → Doctor Stange

@MoonLegend101 → Doctor Octopus (Posted)
@Nubian_Legend → N'Jadaka reimagined as American Panther (Posted)

Thats the ones so far, so 5/10 so far and halfway done. Thought it might be better to make a thread just for CS so easier to see them all without scrolling through chatter.

Last edited:
I mean im not sure about what plots i want to include, but Gwen's main goal is becoming a established hero despite some things pushing her to be a villian at times. Maybe dealing with her new world view with friends who were villians getting a better life so dealing with a redemption angle at times. The main NPC id like to include in someway would likely be Batroc given the relationship they have in Gwenpools solo run, kinda of a father figure to them who wasnt as bad as people thought when not doing mercenery work at least. Maybe Gwen trying to join up with the Avengers and getting turned down a few times, or have Deadpool show up (But in his better incarnations that were less meme and more Tragedy/Comedy)

As for actual Marvel events that are cannon that could be interest to take inspiration from? There are so many to pick really im not sure what to suggest.

Real Name → Jackson William Smith
Current Alias → Paladknight
Affiliation → N/A
Base Of Operations → Spotsylvania, Virginia

Identity → Private
Citizenship → American/Asgardian
Marital Status → Single
Occupation → Metal-Shop Worker
Education → 7 Degrees including BioChemistry, Physics, and Marine Biology

Gender → Male
Height → 6'
Weight → 160 lbs
Eyes → One gold, one red
Hair → None.
Unusual Features → His arm on the Left side is missing from birth.

Armor- 20181120_105307.jpg

Powers- The stub of the missing arm can morph into a launcher, from which a molten explosive projectile is ejected. He is only able to use this 5 times in his entire life, as each one of the blasts' strength are the equivalent to an 100 atom bomb in terms of force. He also has A bag of runes on his waist, which are crafted from uru and contain a base "element" of the universe (like the infinity stones, except they are about a million times weaker and only draw there strength from the caster)

Backstory- He was eighteen, and was working his homemade forge when the Convergence happened. Things started dissapearing, and Thor was on the news in greenwich, and portals appearing overhead. The ground shook with a force that threw him off of his feet, launching him into his forge. At that exact moment, Nidavellir was above him, spilling uru and other metals onto earth. It swallowed him, extinguishing the flames, and he was saved by it. He came away with only a minor burn scar on his left cheek. After he recovered, he trained to work with uru, and created armor from it. After many failed attempts, he created the armor he wears today, along with the runes.

S Sinulacrum Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 (Posting this on both Marvel interest checks just to be on the safe side) I'm interested in joining but I'm a little confused. Are you guys working on two different RPG's or are you going to both Co-GM one RPG?

2 different ones. Just a lot of people interested in both. Rules are a bit different for each.

What was the current outline for the first plot for this RP? I'm looking at Black Knight and Red Skull (Probably Sin, though I may default to Johann depending on what the plot is looking like). (Are we allowed to apply for multiple characters, or is it one per player?).

So I was wracking my brain today and coming up with possible plot pitches. I'll drop them here rapid fire, let me know if any of them sticks for you guys. I'm also going to be going stream of consciousness with my rambling here, so please bear with me. Most if not all of these would be contingent on whichever character I end up adding to the mix. This isn't accounting for any NPCing the GM would be doing. Here goes:

New York Siege: New York is under attack by an overwhelming force. This could be Symbiotes, Kree, HYDRA, Subterranea, any number of Dr. Strange's enemies, something new (a bioweapon outbreak a la Marvel Zombies minus the... Marvel Zombies aspect, a new "type" of superhumans akin to the Imperfects (geez, that's a throwback), so on), it doesn't really matter. The core of this would be the people of Manhattan either coming together against the threat or otherwise fracturing as they try to carve out the city for themselves (given the current lineup, it'll likely be more of the former than the latter).

Stranded: An experimental strike force sent on a similarly experimental mission goes horribly wrong and said group is forced to fight their way out of whatever bad situation that they are plunged into. Arcade, Latveria, Savage Land, any of the numerous cosmic empires, the Negative Zone are just a few settings on where this could play out. This could get a bit Battleworld/Secret War-y, given the villains thus far, but I think figuring out how to factor them into the group (or as a part of the antagonist group) would make for an interesting challenge.

Big Bad: A more traditional plotline with a big bad like Apocalypse, Kang, Thanos, (Dark) Phoenix, The Leader, etc. with the group taking respective sides in the conflict. I'm not really sure which way this would go, given how much this idea would change depending on which big bad takes the role here, so take that for what you will.

Event: We run off of a previously established event and give it our own spin to take it in a new direction. House of M, Civil War, Age of Apocalypse, Inhumanity, and so on. The least amount of effort, though also the least creative since we're working off of a concrete event and making sure we don't fall into just doing a rendition of things.

That's all I've got for now. My personal picks, canon-wise, would be among Red Skull (Sinthea), Power Broker, Annihilus, and an OC mystic cult leader (probably to an Elder God)

Lemme know what you guys think.

New York Siege: New York is under attack by an overwhelming force. This could be Symbiotes, Kree, HYDRA, Subterranea, any number of Dr. Strange's enemies, something new (a bioweapon outbreak a la Marvel Zombies minus the... Marvel Zombies aspect, a new "type" of superhumans akin to the Imperfects (geez, that's a throwback), so on), it doesn't really matter. The core of this would be the people of Manhattan either coming together against the threat or otherwise fracturing as they try to carve out the city for themselves (given the current lineup, it'll likely be more of the former than the latter).

I love the Imperfects! I've got the TPB and the game on Gamecube.

Only thing I would want it keeping the versions of chars from Gwens story. Had issue in other game with everyone going MCU versions and kinda throwing a lot of it off. Ie no Parker industry's, Jane Thor not a thing yet etc.

It touches my heart that other people remember the Imperfects! It was not a great game by any means but it had a lot of charm going for it.

I noticed that. Continuity is a hell of a thing if you're not careful. I'd definitely want to factor in player notes like that as best we could into whichever plot the GM ends up doing so that everyone gets the most out of this.

I mean for Gwen.....Miles is around, Thor was a Woman, Avengers have been a thing for a while, and Batrocs got the Facial Hair (Looking at you MCU)

Perhaps, though this version i would prefer to keep that setting/world for her. Otherwise when she contacts them may throw off other characters when Miles swings and acts like hes been around for a while if Peter was only in high school.

Well true, I simply wanted one that would fit her somewhat as well. As avoiding those things is one that wouldnt fit her. Pretty much at least her Mercenery group being a thing in this world would be wanted and can mesh in with others stuff, rather than appearing in a world where she has 0 connections and previous stuff getting retconned away.

I'm going to wait on a plot before I settle on a character. That way I can pick/tailor my character to suit the narrative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back