• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel / OC Universe ; Literate RP Sign-Up

So I just put my oc here correct?

Yep, using this format!

Real Name →
Current Alias →
Affiliation →
Base Of Operations →

Identity →
Citizenship →
Marital Status →
Occupation →
Education →

Gender →
Height →
Weight →
Eyes →
Hair →
Unusual Features →

Powers and Abilities ↴

Weakness ↴

Hey, it'll be nice to see someone else performing another Spidey villain! (: We're collecting a whole little crew of those. xD
Lol yeah now all we need are
Rhino, Sandman, Vulture, and Kraven
Then we'd have the Sinister Six
Though having a wider cast range would be nicer, in my opinion

It's proceeding along steadily I think. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

One Batch, Two Batch...
STL060199

Penny and Dime...
Real Name → Frank Castle
Current Alias → The Punisher
Affiliation → Independent. Formerly Thunderbolts, United States Marine Corps, Cerberus Squad, Howling Commandos, Knights of New York, Secret Avengers. Briefly held the mantle of Captain America.
Base Of Operations → Micro's Bunker, the Battle Van

V1xPHYF.gif

Citizenship → United States
Marital Status → Widower
Occupation → War Veteran, Vigilante, Criminal
Education → GED, multi-disciplinary special forces training

Gender → Male
Height → 6'3"
Weight → 225 lbs
Eyes → Blue
Hair → Black
Unusual Features → Heavily scarred. Notable scars being over his left eye (gouged by Vulture) and GSW scar above his right temple.

Powers and Abilities
Sympathetic Storming: Due to the fragmented bullet that tore through his skull, Frank Castle experiences a constant, heightened state of fight or flight. Being in a constant state of heightened nervous stress, his adrenaline is always running at staggering levels.
Indomitable Will: Frank has complete control of his mind and consciousness, providing a strong resistance against telepathic powers that are used against him. He has resisted the Penitent Stare and mind control from several high-powered individuals.
Master Tactician: Armed solely with conventional weapons and motivated by a fanatical hatred for criminals like those who murdered his family, the Punisher has single-handedly incapacitated up to a dozen well-armed and experienced opponents in a single encounter and escaped uninjured. It is his military training and his attention to detail that allows him to achieve this. Through his tactical awareness of target weaknesses, he was able to disable and kill a Hydra sleeper wearing War Machine-adjacent armor while only armed with a knife. He has incapacitated and hospitalized multiple members of the Avengers, including: Iron Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, Spider-Man, Captain America.
Maximum Human Conditioning & Endurance: The Punisher is in peak physical condition. Through his rigorous training & exercise regimes, he developed strength, speed, endurance, stamina, longevity, reflexes and agility near the limits of a super-soldier’s inhuman capabilities. He is capable of holding his own against enhanced individuals, even overcoming the likes of Black Widow, Crossbones, and Winter Soldier in hand-to-hand combat. Castle's endurance is unbelievably high. He frequently performs surgery on himself without pain medication. Such endurance lead him to endure consecutive, direct strikes from Mjolnir in a one-on-one fight against Thor, and still keep going. He gained Thor's respect in that fight, and made a drinking buddy.

818e65bf1775750764ccbd6aec1b565a.png

Master Martial Artist: Castle is a very thoroughly seasoned veteran in multiple forms of armed and unarmed combat. Becoming highly adept in Nash Ryu Jujutsu, Ninjutsu, Shorin-ryu Karate, Hwa Rang Do, Krav Maga, Systema and Chin Na. His styles of choice being Nash Ryu Jujutsu and Krav Maga.
Weapons Master: As an authority on modern warfare, the Punisher is a recipient of multi-disciplinary military knowledge from the United States Armed Forces. Thanks to this and continued training, the Punisher is a master of many weapons, favoring daggers and long-range shooting weapons. The Punisher's ever-changing arsenal of weaponry includes various automatic and semiautomatic rifles, and an array of handguns, fragmentation and tear gas grenades, other explosives, and combat knives.
  • Blade Weapons Training: Castle has extensive knowledge of blade weapons from his years of training in various martial arts disciplines as well as his military training. He tends to carry with him up to 3 or 4 different types of edged-weapons, preferring the knife he learned to fight with in the USMC: the Ka-bar.
  • Master Marksman: He is a sharpshooter and exceptional marksman with many types of firearms, often depicted as being ambidextrous and rarely missing his target. Trained as an elite sniper, he's skilled enough to hit a target from 4 km. He is skilled in knife throwing as well.
Expert Pilot: Castle received helicopter training with the U.S. Army and U.S. Naval Special Warfare Command. He has been shown flying both helicopters and airplanes. Recently, he has added Stark-suits to his repertoire.
Extensive Special Operations Training: As part of his Marine Force Recon training, Castle completed U.S. Navy SEAL (SEa Air Land), UDT (Underwater Demolition Team) and LRPA (Long Range Patrol) training, EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) training, graduated the Army's Ranger School, served several tours in the Howling Commandos, completed the U.S. Army Airborne School (AKA "jump school"), graduated the U.S. Army Special Forces Qualification Course, and LRRP (Long Range Recon Patrol) training. He also took part in cross-training with the Australian Special Air Service Regiment. He's also a qualified HALO (High Altitude Low Opening) jumper.
Punisher's Arsenal: Castle employs a vast array of conventional firearms including machine guns, rifles, shotguns, handguns, knives, explosives and other weapons culled from common and organized criminals and military sources during his operations. A vast majority of his weapons have roots in military forces around the world, and typically employs weapons and accessories limited to military operations. The Punisher often customizes his weapons for greater effectiveness with both standard and custom items including magnified optics, reflex sights, night vision scopes, flashlights, grenade launchers, sound and flash suppressors, bipods, high-capacity magazines and drums and various ammunition including hollow point or armor piercing bullets.
Thunderbolt Tactical Armor: Based off an experimental Crye armor platform, the armor is reinforced and plated with vibranium.
Exotic Armaments: "Requisitioned" from SHIELD caches, AIM depots, and Hydra holdouts, Frank has a steadily growing arsenal of exotic armaments and ammunition, including, but not limited to: Adamantium bullets, Pym Particle charges, alternative explosives (high-frequency sonic, hallucinogen gas, aerosol air-fuel, thermite, high-ex, hornet's nest), antimetal combat knife, and Agent Coleson accuses Castle of stealing one of the DAPGs (Destroyer Armor Prototype Gun)
War Machine Armor: Castle utilized a War Machine Armor suit stolen from a SHIELD storage warehouse on a mission to kill the new leader of Chernaya, General Petrov, on Nick Fury's behalf. He never returned it.
images

Weaknesses

the_punisher_jon_bernthal___prison_scene_by_garnabiuth-daoe2kt.jpg

Non-Superhuman Physical Conditioning: Castle is as susceptible to physical injury and disease as any other normal human, often having to rely more on strategy than strength when up against a superhuman opponent. However, different characters like Nick Fury have commented on how extraordinarily high his pain tolerance is. Frank does not even take over-the-counter painkillers, believing that their benefit of dulling pain isn't worth the side effects of drowsiness or slowed reflexes.
PTSD, EED: Frank suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Extreme Emotional Distress. While his volatile reactions to the constant traumatic psychological stimuli gives him that adrenal oomph, Frank has a hard time sleeping, or even feeling any semblance of rest or peace.
Psychopathic Tendencies: While he may have his own code or creed, Frank Castle is still a mass-murderer. Even before his tenure as the Punisher, he had over 200 confirmed kills as a soldier. In the years since, that number has only grown. To the people he deems deserving of death, he is cold as he is efficient, killing without remorse or regret. He'll pursue that target with a hellish tenacity, bearing little concern for his own well-being.
Creed: Frank Castle will not harm "the good guys" unless he has no other choice. Even then, he makes sure to keep it non-lethal. Though he's a far cry from his childhood hero, Frank grew up idolizing Captain America, and upholds the ideal that matters: protect the good from the bad. Frank has even gone so far as to refuse fighting against Steve Rogers, resulting in the beating of a lifetime and incarceration on the Raft.
Reputation: Everyone knows who the Punisher is and what the Punisher does, and chances are they aren't a fan.
Vendetta: While Frank Castle's hit-list is more of an umbrella, there are particular individuals who have earned a unique brand of the Punisher's ire.
  • Memento: aka Sammy Stone, former LAPD turned violent criminal. During the street-war with the Dos Soles cartel, Memento ambushed Frank Castle and his pet coyote, Loot, stabbing them both and leaving them for dead. Punisher survived, but his faithful companion died.
  • Deadpool: aka Wade Wilson. He's a walking migraine. Fuck that guy...
  • Kraven the Hunter: aka Sergei Kravenoff. Another member of Cerberus Squad and a former mentor of Castle's. The betrayal of Cerberus Squad and Kraven's status as a violent super-criminal puts him squarely in Frank's sights.
  • Jigsaw: The two of them share a history, and that story ends with one of them dead.

Last edited:
So I was wracking my brain today and coming up with possible plot pitches. I'll drop them here rapid fire, let me know if any of them sticks for you guys. I'm also going to be going stream of consciousness with my rambling here, so please bear with me. Most if not all of these would be contingent on whichever character I end up adding to the mix. This isn't accounting for any NPCing the GM would be doing. Here goes:

New York Siege: New York is under attack by an overwhelming force. This could be Symbiotes, Kree, HYDRA, Subterranea, any number of Dr. Strange's enemies, something new (a bioweapon outbreak a la Marvel Zombies minus the... Marvel Zombies aspect, a new "type" of superhumans akin to the Imperfects (geez, that's a throwback), so on), it doesn't really matter. The core of this would be the people of Manhattan either coming together against the threat or otherwise fracturing as they try to carve out the city for themselves (given the current lineup, it'll likely be more of the former than the latter).

Stranded: An experimental strike force sent on a similarly experimental mission goes horribly wrong and said group is forced to fight their way out of whatever bad situation that they are plunged into. Arcade, Latveria, Savage Land, any of the numerous cosmic empires, the Negative Zone are just a few settings on where this could play out. This could get a bit Battleworld/Secret War-y, given the villains thus far, but I think figuring out how to factor them into the group (or as a part of the antagonist group) would make for an interesting challenge.

Big Bad: A more traditional plotline with a big bad like Apocalypse, Kang, Thanos, (Dark) Phoenix, The Leader, etc. with the group taking respective sides in the conflict. I'm not really sure which way this would go, given how much this idea would change depending on which big bad takes the role here, so take that for what you will.

Event: We run off of a previously established event and give it our own spin to take it in a new direction. House of M, Civil War, Age of Apocalypse, Inhumanity, and so on. The least amount of effort, though also the least creative since we're working off of a concrete event and making sure we don't fall into just doing a rendition of things.

That's all I've got for now. My personal picks, canon-wise, would be among Red Skull (Sinthea), Power Broker, Annihilus, and an OC mystic cult leader (probably to an Elder God)

Lemme know what you guys think.
Well, I threw a few ideas out there earlier, and I think you said you were going to comment on them. Were you still interested in any of these pitches? Everyone feel free to comment on them too, if you hadn't seen this yet.

Whatever we end up choosing to do for the plot, does this mean that someone else would need to step up and run this, since it sounds like you wouldn't have the time in addition to not being able to write out a plotline at this time? Or am I misreading what you're saying?

The first two plots seem like they could be the most fluid but the siege doesn't seem like something long term

The first two plots seem like they could be the most fluid but the siege doesn't seem like something long term

Agreed, I love the first two plots, and would love to run with either of them! But it's true, maybe the second one would be better to do in terms of the roleplay, and sounds very interesting to do as well.

I apologize, everyone, I've been so busy as of lately and have almost no time to myself. I don't suppose anyone happens to be interested in writing a plotline?

One way to alleviate your burden could be rather than having one grand plot line individuals are thrown into, everybody could have their own individual plot lines or goals to work towards that could intersect from time to time.

I think someone else is going to need to start this or get a new thread up. Real shame if things don't get picked up.

Bixir Bixir

You had ideas earlier, would you be one to host?

Agreed, I love the first two plots, and would love to run with either of them! But it's true, maybe the second one would be better to do in terms of the roleplay, and sounds very interesting to do as well.

Would being stranded in some exotic locale be less limiting/short-term than the Siege? At least to me, it feels like it would resolve on a similar timetable, be it escaping their circumstances or resolving a Battleworld-like situation. Either way, it looks like #2 is the common thread of interest for players here, so going forward we should use that as the framework for this RP.

I think someone else is going to need to start this or get a new thread up. Real shame if things don't get picked up.

@Bixir

You had ideas earlier, would you be one to host?

I've never hosted an RP here, so I'd need to look at how the application and management process works, but I'm not opposed to taking the lead on this, so long as there aren't any objections. Help would definitely be appreciated, with learning the ropes on RPN but also as general aides on moving things along on this and general brainstorming. Assuming that everyone is onboard with the "Stranded" idea, the next step would be to get more specific with it, in the setting as well as the continuity context we'd be working with.

How much continuity would you guys like to be working with for this RP? From the looks of things we're assuming the most recent continuity, but feel free to correct me if my assumption is off. Either way, the continuity bit goes hand-in-hand with the location that our cast would be playing in, so please give input on that too. I have a few preferences of my own, of course, but I'd like to know the group consensus so I know what I should try and cater to.

For those new to the thread, as well as for refreshing my own memory, here's a rundown on the cast thus far (this is still open for players, I honestly don't mind having large casts, it simply means we're more likely to have multiple running stories within the greater narrative so things don't get clogged). As it stands, we mostly have heroes and a few rogues thus far. Which isn't a bad thing, mind, just where we stand on the cast, notwithstanding the handful of players we've yet to see CS's from (myself included).
I went ahead and created an updated cast list. If you haven't yet created a character sheet please follow this format. And if you also wish to no longer participate I would appreciate it if you could let me know now.
JhadePaladknightPlusUltraGwenpoolKameron Esters-ScorpionMoonLegend101Doctor OctopusLittleBlindKittenDoctor StrangeRusty of ShacklefordSpider-ManNubian_LegendAmerican PantherSinulacrumOlivineStormwolf The Punisher

BixirAwaiting Character SheetMionAwaiting Character SheetManyFacesAwaiting Character SheetKillerclownAwaiting Character SheetScatterbrainAwaiting Character SheetJade EmperorAwaiting Character Sheet

I mentioned that this RP is still open in the last part of my post. If you would still like to join as Silk or another character, we'd love to have you! We have many Spider-characters already and I'd love for people to add to that trend if they're so inclined.

Perhaps a new thread for interest is in order
Just tagging those from here to start fresh
Taking the CS from here and bam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back