• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel / OC Universe ; Literate RP Sign-Up

Sinulacrum

I am searching for a group of creative and active individuals with a passion for the Marvel Universe and literate storytelling. This time around I am open to accepting those who wish to roleplay as a character from Marvel or an original character. Special exceptions can be made to those who are set on writing as a character from the DC Universe but I would appreciate it if the roleplay could contain Marvel and original characters only. I will be honest, I myself do not know everything there is to know about all of the characters and I do not expect you to either. You are completely free to change smaller aspects of the character you are playing as such as sexuality, background, personality, etc. I do ask that you aim to pick a character that you at least have some knowledge of but I will not criticize you if you alter the character in minor ways to better suit you. At the moment, I do not have a plot in mind or even a specific character picked out for myself. I am open to taking suggestions for the plot from those who are interested in partaking in this roleplay. If this seems like something that you might be interested in please reply below with a character or characters that you would be interested in roleplaying as. I do ask that there is only one person per character but you are free to list multiple if you are currently unsure of who you wish to select. It would also be helpful to know about what types of plots you prefer and if you have any experience in literate roleplaying. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this wall of text and I hope that I can find a select few that are interested in joining me on this journey.

I'm more than interested. I've been itching to create an alternate marvel universe with someone

I have a few ideas and may be interested.
Characters i could possibly use would be: She-Hulk, Mystique, Gwenpoole or Emma Frost.

I mean there are related questions:
1. Do you have a idea in mind to get people together in a set location?
2. Will you be using Discord or anything to make communication easier?
3. How much variation will you allow? Given some characters have changed drastically over the course of their publications. IE Mystique in more of a Hero/Black Window type role to have them more heroic.

What is the post length you're looking for?

Regarding discord, ive found using it for OOC communication helped people get to know each other, clarify issues much quicker as well as some posts where the actual action may have been misunderstood or unclear to others. Also i would ofcourse intend to make people aware of the changes beforehand, as well as what version of the character is being used as current versions and prior itterations may be very diffrent in some aspects.

A good example of this would be characters like Captain Marvel who are almost unrecognisable to many older fans or other characters that have swapped between being heroes and villians.

Ive written that before, I think i averaged around 3 when there was something to add/action to take but that can also be if people wish to explain mindsets while carring out actions/interacting with others.

I'd be interested in this! (: I'd love to roleplay Doctor Octopus first off when it comes to characters, if villains would be alright to perform- if not though, or if the character wouldn't work well with the roleplay, then that'd be totally fine, since I wouldn't want to be a bother or a nuisance by having him or anything. If that character wouldn't work though, perhaps the Winter Soldier would work instead?

Anyways though, whatever would work best would be totally fine with me! I'm sorry if I'm being a bother to you by asking such questions, or anything.

Take some time to think, there's no rush. When picking superhero characters I honestly like to pick them based on ability first and if that's the case with you I would check out this link. I then, of course, narrow it down by gender, personality, backstory, etc. until I find the best fit for myself. And if none of those suit your fancy, feel free to just create your own. I'm certainly not going to require a full-length backstory, just some basic information is all I would need.
I was thinking I might create an original character, possibly basing the powers off of a character named Kuroi Seishi.

Should have asked this earlier, but what sort of group size are you looking to run with? or how many before you think your ready to start setting up for the game?
Thinking im going to lock in Gwenpool as the choice for the moment, potentially Gwenom but will swap if it fits the final group a little better. (Though warning ahead of time, what the character says does not reflect OOC opinions. Had that become a thing before so if anyone has a issue please dont hesitate to mention it.)

I am definitely interested. I dont have discord, tho.

Discord is a free service that takes 2minutes to set up a account, and while the downloaded version is more convieniant for me, you can still use it entirely web based if you dont want to download it. Plus there is also a phone app for it.

lemme rephrase that. I cant get discord. Nvm. I'm just not gonna join. see ya guys and have fun.

I mean its not required, would only be for OOC chat i think. The actual RP would all be on here.
Was more just trying to explain discord to you since ive met a few people who have never used it/didnt know what it was.

Definitely interested, absolutely love Marvel both the comics and cinematic universe. Very sad to hear about Stan Lee passing.

Would love to throw out interest for say Thor or Magneto but honestly I would be interested in anyone haha.

I could be Amadeus Cho/Iron spider or Antivenom/Harry Osborn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back