• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel / OC Universe Literate RP [Cont'd.]

Thank you for answering my question, a most helpful response. I do find my existing fascination for human mythology to serve as a major source of influence. For now two characters have captured my attention and might be chosen both a cannon and non-canon character, if found acceptable by the host of this session naturally. Thor (If open naturally), the god of thunder, belonging to the Norse pantheon have always captured my imagination as a remarkable figure in the marvel universe. The second concept will be Wadjet of the Egyptian pantheon. Naturally not strictly a OC, however this character fall under this category due to the nature of this Goddess. I do find myself favoring both, as one allow more freedom while the other already exist within the marvel universe. However, time exist to ponder upon which character will be most suitable. If I may ask, which character will you utilize during this session?
Wadjet technically exists in Marvel, though she's never made a physical appearance. Her name is even part of the title of a Spider-Man/She-Hulk team-up story involving Bast.

I'm using pulp and radio character "The Shadow", who technically only had one publication through Marvel that doesn't fit into any strict continuity. His license bumps around from company to company, and he's currently at Dynamite. I just think he's really neat. His fanbase is smaller than it once was, but he was a major influence on the superhero genre in general, being the prototype for a lot of golden age characters like Batman.

Wadjet technically exists in Marvel, though she's never made a physical appearance. Her name is even part of the title of a Spider-Man/She-Hulk team-up story involving Bast.

I'm using pulp and radio character "The Shadow", who technically only had one publication through Marvel that doesn't fit into any strict continuity. His license bumps around from company to company, and he's currently at Dynamite. I just think he's really neat. His fanbase is smaller than it once was, but he was a major influence on the superhero genre in general, being the prototype for a lot of golden age characters like Batman.

Although the characther in which you have choosen may not adhere to any strict continuity, 'The Shadow' seem to be an intriguing figure even if he lack the attention in which others within the universe currently receive. Also you seem to have great insight within not only this character, however the universe itself which will certainly aid you when roleplaying. Upon reading your thread, I did notice the reference in which you presented earlier which further captivated my curiosity. Does this figure possess multiple personalities or are they roles in which he have created to assist him in his motivations?

Also, you have once again my gratitude in providing further information as I have remained rather oblivious to the idea she might exist within the Marvel Universe. Might perhaps chose her for this session, however have yet in forming a conclusion.

Last edited:
Although the characther in which you have choosen may not adhere to any strict continuity, 'The Shadow' seem to be an intriguing figure even if he lack the attention in which others within the universe currently receive. Also you seem to have great insight within not only this character, however the universe itself which will certainly aid you when roleplaying. Upon reading your thread, I did notice the reference in which you presented earlier which further captivated my curiosity. Does this figure possess multiple personalities or are they roles in which he have created to assist him in his motivations?

Also, you have once again my gratitude in providing further information as I have remained rather oblivious to the idea she might exist within the Marvel Universe. Might perhaps chose her for this session.
The Shadow uses several false identities, sometimes based on real people. He gathers information with it usually, like as Fritz the janitor at the police station. His multiple names are also a result of different identities in different mediums and countries. He was a disgraced lawyer named John Harverson in the UK, for example.

I recommend looking into stories with the Egyptian pantheon in Marvel. Most Thor and Hercules runs are pretty good in my experience.
1547176986467.png

The Shadow uses several false identities, sometimes based on real people. He gathers information with it usually, like as Fritz the janitor at the police station. His multiple names are also a result of different identities in different mediums and countries. He was a disgraced lawyer named John Harverson in the UK, for example.

I recommend looking into stories with the Egyptian pantheon in Marvel. Most Thor and Hercules runs are pretty good in my experience.
View attachment 525016
The character certainly have potential to be a interesting in interacting with, considering the unpredictable yet seemingly strategic nature of The Shadow.

I will delve further into the lore behind the Egyptian Gods within the marvel universe, and will currently provide most useful in capturing the eccenss. However if I may ask, do you believe integrating story and character elements not native to the character might be considered acceptable?

Last edited:
Thank you for answering my question, a most helpful response. I do find my existing fascination for human mythology to serve as a major source of influence. For now two characters have captured my attention and might be chosen both a cannon and non-canon character, if found acceptable by the host of this session naturally. Thor (If open naturally), the god of thunder, belonging to the Norse pantheon have always captured my imagination as a remarkable figure in the marvel universe. The second concept will be Wadjet of the Egyptian pantheon. Naturally not strictly a OC, however this character fall under this category due to the nature of this Goddess. I do find myself favoring both, as one allow more freedom while the other already exist within the marvel universe. However, time exist to ponder upon which character will be most suitable. If I may ask, which character will you utilize during this session?
Remember though, you can only have one character in this rp

(If there is something I missed, need to change, or need to improve let me know :) )

Taara.jpg
Real Name → Taara Samaan
Current Alias → Shaman
Affiliation → None
Base Of Operations → Her home in the Highland forests of Scotland

Identity → Public Identity
Citizenship → Scottish
Marital Status → Single
Occupation → Mostly just a healer for the local village
Education → Educated on healing practices and such at home by her parents.

Gender → Female
Height → 6'1"
Weight → 165 lbs.
Eyes → Green
Hair → Dark Brown
Unusual Features → A small, strange pattern that seemed to have been carved into her inner arm

Powers and Abilities ↴​
Psychometric: Through objects, Taara can read the past of the person who was attached to this item or possessed it. However, she can only see back around 48 hours.

Medium: She can communicate and sense the presence of spirits. These could be the spirits of dead people and animals or spirits that never obtained a physical body. She can also banish dark spirits through purification rituals and practices.

Ecological/Animal Empathy: Taara is connected with nature and animals and can feel their emotions and they also provide her with focus and clarity. She can also call upon animals to help her when she needs it.

Soothsaying: She can perform a ritual or use an object someone owns to see a possible future for said person.

Aura Detection: She can detect people's aura's that in the vicinity around her, even if she can't see them.

Dark Arts: Taara has the ability to place curses on people and use other dark spells.

Healing: Taara is adept at being able to use shamanistic healing. She can use different rituals and gifts from nature to heal herself and her allies.

Well-Rounded Fighting: Taara is well able to defend herself in a situation if it were come down to a physical altercation. She's also very adept at climbing and using her environment to fight.

Weakness
Since Taara is so attached to nature, being taken away from it and being in a city, for example, makes her feel disconnected and is hard for her to focus. This makes her psychometric and medium powers less effective. Also, if someone is able to suppress their aura, she will not be able to detect them spiritually. Taara's knowledge of dark arts are very limited so she does not have much experience or strength in that area. To heal someone, she needs time and focus because it is not instantaneous so it leaves her vulnerable.​

Wanting to do a bit of a head check for who'd still want to do this?
Even though my character have yet in fully materialize into a presentable character sheet. The idea of a roleplaying in which occur within the marvel universe still remain personaly a desired setting.

I kinda forgot about this game, i was waiting for it to get going then with how long it took fell off my radar

I'm sad to say that Bixir is no longer up to running the rp
They've got a lot of stuff on their plate and need some distance
I must apologize for the wait but unfortunately this isn't going to start. Maybe some day we'll have another shot!
Until then!

I must apologize for the wait but unfortunately this isn't going to start. Maybe some day we'll have another shot!
Until then!

Aw, I was looking forward to it. But the health of oneself comes first, so mad respects to Bixir. That being said, definitely count me in if this starts back up!

Until then!

That's a shame but I wish Bixir Bixir all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back