• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel / OC Universe Literate RP [Cont'd.]

I am highly tempted to make a balls-to-the-wall style OC in the vein of some of the wilder Marvel ideas, affiliated with and loyal to the Black Panther.

I am highly tempted to make a balls-to-the-wall style OC in the vein of some of the wilder Marvel ideas, affiliated with and loyal to the Black Panther.
Tell me more about this character, because old oddball comics stuff is my cup of tea.

Tell me more about this character, because old oddball comics stuff is my cup of tea.
Well my first idea was a dragon. I always liked the idea of heroes and villains coming from other worlds or dimensions.

Another thought that came, was a young sidekick type could be a lot of fun too. Lots of energy and the like, has to be reigned in a bit. I always thought the idea of sidekicks was fun.

I also like colorful flair, with a bit of craziness to them. Not just mentally, but in that sometimes the rule of fun mattered a bit more than making sense.

So it sort of blended together into an aggressive but charming young dragon, that doesn't really know or care about much about how people do things. And the type that is just easier to bring him along to keep him out of trouble than run the risk of him going his own way. And maybe throw in some fun old school comic imagery of a magic summoning ritual that brought him here in the first place for some purpose or another.

While Black Panther was probably who he was going to be affiliated with, I did notice that someone showed interest in playing Black Panther, so can do without since I wouldn't want to ruin any continuity for him.

But then also saw that somebody else made a dragon, and I wouldn't want to step on any toes.

Another idea was a bit more out there. A ninja girl with tentacles and a detective style flair about her. Either eldritch or non x-men style mutant. Could have a lot of fun sneaking and slinking around and creeping out villains with odd behavior and appearance and a colorfully macabre personality, and would be fun as a sidekick or new hero.

While Black Panther was probably who he was going to be affiliated with, I did notice that someone showed interest in playing Black Panther, so can do without since I wouldn't want to ruin any continuity for him.
King Solomon's brass frogs can hand wave away any inconsistencies in continuity by putting certain events farther in the future.
1547089173635.png
That's how Happy Pants Panther happened

Another idea was a bit more out there. A ninja girl with tentacles and a detective style flair about her. Either eldritch or non x-men style mutant. Could have a lot of fun sneaking and slinking around and creeping out villains with odd behavior and appearance and a colorfully macabre personality, and would be fun as a sidekick or new hero.
X-Men mutants can be plenty freaky or odd-looking, if that's the concern, at least to the other characters involved. It's a bit of a trope.
It was kind of Nightcrawler's thing before they honed in on the Catholicism and swashbuckling things.
1547087883248.png
1547087943826.png
1547088050569.png
1547088179172.png
1547088312467.png
Can you believe they got Stephen Merchant to play this guy? I know he's tall and sticks out in a crowd but he's not exactly ugly.
1547088891533.png

Attachments

• 1547088992662.png
    1547088992662.png
    386 KB · Views: 1
Jhade Jhade
I am setting up the official threads now. I've been on a semi-hiatus over the past week transitioning into my new place and job with only mobile internet. Sorry for the wait.

fin fin
The CS template is quoted in the OP. I'm looking forward to your Black Panther!

DarknessSama17 DarknessSama17
It is! However, I'm going to be setting up the official threads soon, so you may want to wait until those are up so you can post your CS there. Who were you thinking of making?

D. Rex D. Rex
Like Crenando pointed out, Marvel mutants are plenty wacky and bizarre in their own right, about as much as what you're pitching here. I'm interested by what you've got going on here, though. You'll probably want to wait until the official character signup is up so you can put your CS there. Let me know if you have any other questions.

For those still following this thread, I am finally getting around to making the official threads to set this RP up. I've been transitioning into my new place/job, so i'm only now looking at this again. When the threads are up I'll drop a link here for everyone to transition over one more time haha. Things should be moving along in the next week or so, so please bear with me for a little longer.

It is! However, I'm going to be setting up the official threads soon, so you may want to wait until those are up so you can post your CS there. Who were you thinking of making?

Im thinking about making a vampire hunter who was turned by Dracula to hunt deadpool. Im thinking of having her a magic ability that lets her use black matter.

I apologize in the direct nature of this question. However if I may question, can this roleplay can be considered open for new participants?

Things are heating up and I'm really hoping for more canon folks rather than waves of ocs

Also yes still open
Cerii Cerii
Thank you for answering my question. I will observe the development regarding the list of characthers which will participat, before selecting a Cannon or OC character. Have there been selected a date in which the roleplay session will be initiated if I may ask?

Thank you for answering my question. I will observe the development regarding the list of characthers which will participat, before selecting a Cannon or OC character. Have there been selected a date in which the roleplay session will be initiated if I may ask?
Bixir said we're starting in about a week. We don't have a set date, it seems.

Who were you thinking of joining as, out of curiosity, friend?

Bixir said we're starting in about a week. We don't have a set date, it seems.

Who were you thinking of joining as, out of curiosity, friend?
Thank you for answering my question, a most helpful response. I do find my existing fascination for human mythology to serve as a major source of influence. For now two characters have captured my attention and might be chosen both a cannon and non-canon character, if found acceptable by the host of this session naturally. Thor (If open naturally), the god of thunder, belonging to the Norse pantheon have always captured my imagination as a remarkable figure in the marvel universe. The second concept will be Wadjet of the Egyptian pantheon. Naturally not strictly a OC, however this character fall under this category due to the nature of this Goddess. I do find myself favoring both, as one allow more freedom while the other already exist within the marvel universe. However, time exist to ponder upon which character will be most suitable. If I may ask, which character will you utilize during this session?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back