• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel: Next Generation IC(Always Accepting)

Elise heard Director Rogers saying something, but she couldn't quite make it out. After he finished, the secretary signaled all of them to enter. Else stood up and walked into the Director's office. She took a seat in one of the empty chairs. "Let's get this done." Elise said to herself. Field Marshall Field Marshall

Liam watched as everyone exited the room. So much for teammate chemistry. He thought. After everyone had left, he continued on by himself. He'd arrived at Directer Rogers' office shortly after coal, and gave an awkward look towards him. He was truly sorry, but his ego would never let him know that. It was shortly after that he felt the push of the secretary, pushing him into Steve's office. He stood by the door, crossing his arms as he brushed his hands through his hair, a habit he'd formed through years of repeating the action over and over again.

"There's already tension between us all, D." He said to Steve, remaining in his position. "Anywho, I still want that contract. I want the pay, I want some freedom and a special favour."

Field Marshall Field Marshall

Bianca stood up and walked into the room to sign the contract with Elise. Suddenly this all seemed to familiar to her, and it began to make her anxious. She began to repeatedly tap her foot, and look around the room nervously trying to not freak out. Bianca just wanted to sign the contract and be done with it. Field Marshall Field Marshall

Coal hissed through his teeth when the bullets didn't hit the red targets. Coal watched as the playing field changed. "Lasers?" He questioned himself. Coal peeked out from behind one of the metal shields. The orbs shooting the lasers were multiplying and not only that, but the shields were taking damage as well. Coal had to think fast, the game was now survival and not wits. He hated survival games....

You are being carried away by a flood and you have two children in your hands. One is four and one is an infant. You can only save one... Who do you let go? Coal looked to the five dummies and then back to the playing field.

You let go of the four year old as they have a better chance of surviving on their own than the infant.

Coal stepped out from behind the shield. The metal shields started to melt and change shape as it started to surround the dummies. Covering their bodies from head to toe. And each time a laser hit the metal it fixed it's self. But that wasn't the only thing that changed in the room. A strange pulse like feeling engulfed the playing area. Coal held out a hand letting the his palm face upward. The metal bracelet he had turned into a liquid metal and made it's way from his wrist to right above his hand. It created a small metal ball and then separated into four. Then those separated into four. Soon enough there were little spheres that moved around Coal. When a laser came at him, the spheres would come together quickly and block it, they would then go back to circling Coal's body.

When the agent rushed Paris onto the VTOL, everything went blank. With all that was happening, Paris' energy and excitement was just too much and too overwhelming. Within a minute or so, Paris was being shooed off and led to the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s office--who is currently Steve Roger, the previous Captain America. Through gained knowledge of his father, Paris learned that Steve was highly respected amongst his peers at the time. Compared to his father though, Paris saw Steve as a lesser of a hero. Besides, Cable even said that Spider-Man (Peter) would be considered to be the greatest hero of all time. While Paris waited to enter the Director's office, he toyed with his web-shooters, as they were acting funny a week ago. In the middle of his 'toying around', Paris noticed that two girls had entered the waiting room, and boy did they not look happy. The both of them sat separate from each other and Paris was not going to break the tension of silence. If there was one important rule that Paris had ever taken seriously, it was that if a girl was upset, don't piss her off anymore.

A little after the arrival of the two girls, who Paris assumed were going to be apart of this as well, the three of them were called into the office, where Steve was seated behind his desk and a boy was standing off to the side. At first glance, Paris could make the same guess that he made with the girls,"This kid must be here for the same reason.". Paris sat at a good distance away from the rest of the "team", hell he still didn't know their names. "Alright Steve-O, let's see what you got for us.", Paris remarked.
Field Marshall Field Marshall Peach Tea Peach Tea Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla fin fin

The red orbs had multiplied to cover all angles just as Coal finished wrapping the blue projections. The orbs then fired all at once from all angles just before the beams of radiation could meet Coal they vanished. As well as the blue projections and the metal they were wrapped in. The training grounds had reverted the usual neon green square grid state as Vision floated over to Coal updated his file in the system as Passed his evaluation. "You have passed Mr Black." Vision declared.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Rogers addressed all four at once. "All of you quickly think about what you'd like to request in return for your service in the Avengers and then tell me." He turned to Liam. "What do you mean by some freedom? What is your special favour? You will however receive a pay raise Agent Rand"

Peach Tea Peach Tea Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla fin fin DankWaffles DankWaffles

Elise sat in the chair for a few moments and wondered what she wanted. She wasn't going to ask for anything materialistic just because she could. From what the agent already discussed with her, she is already getting benefits and retirement. Elise thought about and decided on what she wanted. If anyone else spoke and said anything that she liked, she would say to add that to her contract as well. "I want to be able to leave the Avengers at anytime without consequences. No repercussions, nothing. I also want to still have some sort of education, this 'superhero' things is going to be forever and I want to be able to get a normal job." Elise leaned back in her chair slightly, thinking she had everything she wanted and then something else popped into her mind. "Oh, and I also don't have to obey an order I deem morally incorrect or I find uncomfortable or something similar to that." Elise added.

"Is that all? One of my agents said you wanted benefits and retirement. I already have retirement in your contract but I wasn't sure what you wanted in the way of other benefits. We will pay for you to go College but we'll only pay for as many years as you put into the Avengers. So if you only put one year into the Avengers we only pay for one year. If you plan to get a civilian job after your time with the Avengers why do you need retirement? As for orders we won't tell you to drown an infant but there are times when you may have to put down a villian for the common good or won be able to save some civilians because you have to stop a larger catastrophe or you may have to work with someone of questionable character to achieve an objective. We can't have you freezing up because something you have to do is questionable. Though our code of conduct isn't so black and white when it comes to violations. If you choose to disobey an order you will have a chance to explain yourself, we won't out right terminate your contract without a proper hearing." Steve replied to Elise.

Coal didn't have to look around to know that all of the lasers were now pointed at him. He was expecting it. He was about to use his other metal armband but before he could even change the metal the lasers and the room changed. He blinked wondering if his test was timed. But when Vision came down Coal changed the aura of the room back to normal and the metal little spheres around him turned back to his armband. He looked to Vision unclear as to what the man would say about his evaluation. He felt a little revealed that he had passed, but wondered what he was being tested on. Survival.... or sacrifice?

Coal let the thought leave his mind as he made his way back to his things. But he stopped quickly and turned back around, "What was I being tested on?" He asked. Even if he tried to get the thought out of his mind he knew it would bother him greatly later on.

As the Director began to ask if any of the youngsters had requests for their contracts, the girl to his left had spoken up and said a few things. Steve replied to her, and while he was speaking, Paris thought about what he would want out of this contract. As Steve wrapped up his response, Paris blurted out, "I want access to all of the labs that S.H.I.E.L.D. owns.".

Bianca had no idea what she wanted. She knew that she wouldn't make it anywhere with education, so asking for good education wasn't going to be much help. Her mother thought she was at some boarding school so Bianca couldn't walk around without being scared of her mother possibly seeing her and questioning her.
"I... I want to be able to go home and see my mother on the holidays..." She continued to think when suddenly remembered one vital thing that had been taken away in her life.
"And I want coffee privileges, without anyone able to take it away." She knew it sounded silly, but her coffee privileges had been stripped from her at home because she became extremely hyper after having coffee. Bianca couldn't help herself, she loved the overly bitter taste of coffee and especially the smell. That basically all she could think of. She knew it sounded stupid and silly, but honestly there wasn't much she wanted. Bianca glanced around the room with a frown, trying to think harder and harder. Suddenly, a light bulb flicked in her brain. Her father. Could the avengers possibly help her find him? Bianca hoped so.
"And... I have one last thing..." She glanced at the others around the room, and frowned slightly, "but... I'd prefer to ask it in private...."

"You're all evaluated on individual ability before being brought here. This evaluation is to test how you'd operate in a team, specifically it was your willingness to sacrifice yourself." Vision explained matter of factly.

Steve looked at Paris wondering what Paris would want in SHIELD's labs. "For security reasons we can't allow you into every lab but you do have access to wide range of resources and information that our special agents have access to. That includes labs of the appropriate Clearance level. There are somethings not even the Avengers are immediately privy to. Why Mr Parker do you want access to ALL of our labs?"

The director eyed Bianca and responded to her request next. "Vacations on Holidays and coffee privelages, done. The private matter I will reserve my judgement on it till I hear it at a later time." He was wondering about the coffee more than the private matter though.

Coal nodded slowly to Vision's words. He turned to collect his things but paused once more.... They were watching them... For how long? Coal glanced over his shoulder as he stopped next to his things. He looked over Vision before picking up his phone and his bag. He slipped his phone into his pocket and then his bag on his shoulders before picking up his drink. He left the room and started to make his way back to Roger's office. He pulled out his contract on the way and started to go over it once more. This time reading all the fine details. It helped that he was a fast reader, by the time he got to the office he was almost done with the contract.

He noticed the woman at the desk was busy typing away and that Roger's door was closed. He figured that Captain America was in a meeting. So he found himself a seat and decided to wait. While he did he continued to go over the contract.

Once he was finished he started to look in his bag for a pen and didn't find one. He looked up and over to the secretary's desk, there he found a pen in a cup with other pens. One of the pens floated up into the air and then zipped to his hand. At that point he signed his name and initialed where he needed on the document. He frowned a little as there were two things that he wanted but knew the Avengers couldn't give him either.... Well one maybe... But he wouldn't dare ask for it or admit it out loud. And the contract seemed legit. He got paid, got benefits and was aloud to leave when ever he wanted no questions asked.

He finished signing the contract and let the pen go back to the cup on the desk. He looked over the papers in his hand and wondered what the hell he was doing really? Signing away to work for SHIELD and to become the next Avenger's member. If he had friends or family... What would they say? Probably not much....

Coal let out a deep breath as he leaned back into his seat.

Last edited:
Elise thought about anything else that she could want out of this deal. She honestly couldn't think of anything else that deemed really important. "That seems about it." She stated. A thought then popped into her mind and spoke again. "Actually, I want my mother to receive some type of compensation as well. Not a lot, but enough to give her some ease. Other than that I am good." Elise stated. Field Marshall Field Marshall

Steve through the door saw Coal and messaged his secretary to send the boy in. The secretary immediately said to Coal "The Director will see you know, go right on in."

The Director turned to Elise. "To be clear you will receive benefits but instead of retirement you'll receive a pension for the same duration of time as you serve with the Avengers, the same goes for your schooling. You won't be immune to repurcussions for insubordination but you like all Avengers will have a right to fair a hearing and if judged guilty will face consequences equal to the ramifications of your insubordination. So as long as you are found to be justified in refusing an order you won't face any penalty. Also your mother will receive compensation under the guise of a pension for former heroes." The Director began to type at a superhuman pace into a holiday projected keyboard. Then a projection of Elise's contract appeared floating before here. One line prompted her to print her name, one line prompted for her signature, and the rest prompted for biological signaturres such as fingerprints and retinal scan. "You can always re - negotiate your contract during your service if you find your needs change."

Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Elise thought it over and everything seemed very, very reasonable. "Well, there seems to be no problem right now." Elise picked up something to sign with. She printed her name, then signed it, and then set the tool back down. She provided a fingerprint and a retinal scan as well. After that was finished with, she looked back at the Director. "Need me for anything else? Any other contracts to sign my soul away?" Elise joked. Field Marshall Field Marshall

Bianca frowned, "I'm ready to sign too.." She muttered almost silently, and grabbed a pen and began to print her name, signed it, and stared at the finger and retinal scan with a nervous look. "Is.... Are the last two really mecessary...?" She raised a questenion look at the Director.

Coal collected his things and headed into the office. He was a bit shocked to find more people in the office besides Roger. He shut the door behind him and decided to wait in the back of the office while the others dealt with their contracts. He sighed a little as he looked around a bit more. His eyes fell beck to the group, recognizing most of them except one. There was a new face in the mix. Coal could care less as to who was in the group by this point, but when his eyes fell to Liam he couldn't help the annoying thought of working with the guy. Even the girls annoyed him.

"Yes both physically and biological signatures are required these days. There are no more contracts to be signed. Trust me if I didn't do this they would reinstitute the Sokovia Accords in a heart beat." Director Rogers said as he saved both Bianca's and Marie's contracts. The projections of them would vanished and then Rogers handed the two girls their Avengers Cards. "Congratulations ladies you are officially Avengers." Steve said to them.

He held his other hand out for Coal to hand him the printed out version of his contract.

Peach Tea Peach Tea Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla fin fin DankWaffles DankWaffles Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Coal made his way over to the desk and handed Rogers his contract. "i want a copy of that." Coal made his words very clear to Roger. Coal knew and understood contracts and how they worked. At first you don't think there is anything bad on it, but there are always fine lines and loopholes. Coal wanted to make sure that he had a copy of his contract so he could memorize it, and so that way no one could change it without his consent.

Coal took a step back and waited for for Rogers to look over what he had agreed to. Coal didn't ask for anything extra or anything else. His contract would be plain and simple. Do the job and get paid.

"These webs don't make themselves.", Paris stated, showing his web-shooters on his wrist. "Besides, you never know when I may need some S.H.I.E.L.D. technology.", Paris added.

Steve began typing up what Coal had requested into the computerized version if the contract. "You'll be paid monthly starting at the pay grade of S1 Special Agent Pay grade 1, a pay rise is possible for outstanding performance on missions or otherwise, also your pay grade will increase the longer you are with SHIELD. You are free to leave SHIELD and the Avengers whenever." Steve explained as a projection of the contract appeared prompted for printed name, signature, retinal scan, and finger prints. Steve type a few more commands into the system so it's ready to dispense a physical copy for Coal when he signs it.

Steve turned back to Paris. "All Avengers have access to SHIELD labs which are within the S1 clearance level. You want access to labs above your clearance then you'll just have prove yourself to SHIELD that you can be trusted to be granted a higher security clearance. Everything you need should be in the labs within your clearance level though, you could practically manufacture an Iron Man armor..." He said the last part mostly to himself. "With that out of the way is that all you wanted Mr Parker because that still leaves your demands section blank."

Peach Tea Peach Tea Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla fin fin DankWaffles DankWaffles Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Elise stood up since her contract was negotiated and she was not needed anymore. She took her avengers card and began to head for the door. Before she exited, she turned back around. "Is there any kind of leader to this band of misfits? Besides you and Vision of course." Elise asked. Field Marshall Field Marshall

Coal signed the contract and took his copy when he was done. Coal found it strange, he wondered what Steve had written into his contract. Coal didn't ask for anything extra, he didn't ask for anything extra. He just signed the standard contract. Coal looked over his printed copy as he waited for his card.

His eyes looked up from the papers when Elise spoke up. She had an intriguing question. Who was the leader of this team? Well Steve and Vision seemed more like advisers.

Bianca grabbed her card and frowned, examining it. This all seemed like a crazy dream, to a point where she was scared that if she fell asleep she'd wake up and the fear would become real. And this would all become a crazy dream she had imagined. Bianca didn't want that... She so desperately wanted this to all be real and happening. She slowly stood and walked out of the room quietly, tapping the card along her thigh thoughtfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back