• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel: Next Generation IC(Always Accepting)

The announcement for Paris to report to the main office rung through the empty halls, echoing everywhere. And to think, he was just inches away from stepping back into Chemistry class...what a shame. If this was how Paris was going to raise some eyebrows with his disappearance, he may as well do it in style. Paris' hands dug into his pockets and he strolled his way on down to the main office. A few students and teachers poked their heads out the door--which was common at this school--to confirm that they had a visual on Paris' location. Paris turned around a corner and was met with a door and plaque that read: Office. "How descriptive.", Paris thought to himself. His hand crept towards the door handle, but stopped abruptly at the tingling sensation that was his Spider-Sense. Whoever was behind that door was not friendly, and Paris took the precaution of equipping his web shooters. He braced himself for an attack and opened the door, only to see a man who was definitely not Mr.Morris, the headmaster. "Uhhh, who are you?", he beckoned.
Field Marshall Field Marshall

"Damn missed the briefing guess I got bring him right to the Director now." The agent said before Parker walked in. "My name is not important I am an Agent here in behalf of SHIELD. Have sest Me Parker and shut the door unless you're alright with people knowing you're identity as....." He pissed to give Parker time to shut the door. "Spiderman... Anyways SHIELD wants to recruit tour for the next generation of Avengers. You do get a contract and benefits you negotiate personally with the Director. If you're interested I recommend we leave right away. What say you, Pairs?"

DankWaffles DankWaffles

Vision emerged the ground underneath the training deck and solidified. "You will take your evaluation with her, since you both have arrived at the same time." Vision ordered as both the current female recruits arrived one after the other. Little did they know their evaluation had already begun, the room was the first test and this was the second.

Peach Tea Peach Tea Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Kenshin put his mask back on and exited the room he went straight up to the Rogers's office to negotiate his contract. He saw Rogers's receptionist who directed him to go inside. He took a seat in a chair in front of Steve's desk. "This is the current draft of your contract detailing your service with the Avengers will gain you full pardons for your past crimes and our aid in helping you become CEO of Yashida Corp. We'll even install you as the Head of Clan Yashida if you turn it around from it's criminal activities. You owe us at least 4 years of service. So if you leave the Avengers after four years which is your minimum you'll receive these benefits as per your contract." Steve explained. Kenshin didn't said anything he simply placed his signature upon the projection by both signing his signature and letting the projection collect a biological signature as well.

"Oh uh... Ok" Bianca sweat dropped. If this was like a test, she knew she'd fail. It'd be like every other test she'd been thrown into before. She'd panic, then fail from freaking. Bianca looked over at her partner, who she suddenly remembered as Elise. The one girl she had ignored. 'Shit... I'm screwed'
"Well... Let's do this Elise...." Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Elise looked over at the girl she was partnered with and realized it was the chick that ignored her. Elise looked up at the ceiling, closed her eyes, and slightly shook her head. It could have been anyone else... This isn't going to go well at all. Elise thought to herself. When Bianca spoke to her, Elise turned her head back to her. "Oh, yes let's." She said trying to keep sarcasm out of her voice. Elise looked back at Vision. "What are we to do for our evaluation?" Field Marshall Field Marshall Peach Tea Peach Tea

Bianca looked sheepishly at the floor. She knew that this Elise girl didn't like her all because of a simple bad decision on Bianca's part. 'You need to apologize...' She took a deep breath, and waited for vision's instructions. She'd apologize the next free moment they'd have.

Vision without a word floated a several feet away from the pair and then with a wave of his hands solid life like projections of their mothers appeared. It was Vision standing in between Jessica Jones in a black detective outfit and Rogue in a black leather X men suit. Jessica Jones grabbed Rogue and threw her at Bones while using her strength to leapt after her following Rogue mid air being shared by the flying mutant. Rogue herself flew with outstretched arms to grab her Bones.

Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla Peach Tea Peach Tea

Coal wandered for a bit and found himself in front of a vending machine. His eyes glued on a green monster can that needed money to get. He had left his bag back in the conference room and was not in the mood to go back and get it. Even if anyone picked it up or looked through it they wouldn't find much. Not even a form of ID. Maybe a wallet with like five bucks in it... A note book with doodles of graffiti letters and random words, but nothing important really. But Coal had stopped carrying around ID when he lost his wallet one day. He got caught by the fedz and was brought down to the station. It took them hours to find out who he was and that he was a run away after they had finally taken his finger prints. After that he just stopped carrying ID. Made the reason of getting caught and brought back to foster care a little more.... interesting.

But the problem before him was not really a problem. He looked at the can as it started to move. With ease the can removed itself from the rails and then down to the area where he could retrieve the can. But it didn't just stop there. The little door that said 'push' opened up and the can floated out and up to Coal's hands. He smiled a little on the inside as he felt like he had just defeated a low level boss on a video game. Or more so like he had found loot in a hidden treasure chest.

He opened the can and took a sip before continuing on his way.

The place was huge. There were tones of hallways and tones of doors that lead to.... Coal had no idea what was behind the doors. He wanted to look through all of them, but he was trying to be more specific. He passed by a darker hallway and immediately took a few steps backwards. His eyes widened as he found red markings lining a door frame. Locks of the larger size covered the door and then some. This had to be one of those 'restricted' areas.

Coal smirked to himself as he wondered if he should open the door and take a look inside?

SHIELD probably had their eyes focused on the new comers. SHIELD had secrets and they just let a group of powerful teenagers onto a ship that held some of those secrets. If Coal broke the rules now... He might just get sent back.... But if he waited.... He was so tempted to see....

Coal cursed under his breath as he decided to wait for now. Instead he needed to re think things.

He couldn't of had found a better spot. He opened a door that said 'main deck' and not to his surprise he was on the main deck of the helicarrier. Now getting a better look at the main deck area, Coal spotted a few things he had neglected when he had first arrived. Coal felt like he could breath a bit better as the air seemed fresher all the way up here in the skies. They weren't too high up to where they couldn't breath on the deck, yet they weren't too low to the ground to where they could be seen easily.

Even with all the new shiny things around him, Coal had to debate this whole 'Avengers' thing. So far it really just reminded him of foster care. Say hello, state your name... See how well you play with other... If you don't fit in.... you get sent to another home... That's not what Coal wanted, but then again, he didn't want to be tested... Evaluated. Coal found a set of stairs that lead up to a small balcony. He climbed it and found it to be an even better spot. He leaned against the rails and leaned forward while looking down at the ground far below them.

What a view... He had never been this high before. He knew he could lift himself up through his powers... But never really went anywhere. Never had to. Hell he had never even been on a plane before.

Coal took another sip of his drink as he continued about his thoughts and ways.

He somehow made his way back inside and still wandering around the hallways. He stopped noticing a sign by one of the doors.

this was Captain America's main office... Or at least the door leading to his office. He recalled something about contracts... He figured he would hear what they had to say and then maybe see what this 'evaluation' thing was about. Coal didn't have to reach for the door as the door opened for him. He walked in to find a secretary typing away at her computer.

Elise was surprised to see her mother as a projection of her mother and then they attacked. Elise's first instinct was to punch, but she made the split decision to dive sideways out of the way. "How about you take care of the flying chick and I'll take care of my mother?" Before waiting for a reply, Elise jumped in the air and wound up to try and punch her 'mother.' Her reasoning for leaving the other girl to deal with the flying projection was maybe since one of the projections was Elise's mom, maybe the other one was the other girl's mom. That way they know their opponents better rather than trying it the other way around. Field Marshall Field Marshall Peach Tea Peach Tea

"So much for a threat.", Paris commented personally. As instructed, he shut the door behind him due to the fact that his secret identity as Spider-Man was crucial to keeping a secret. Besides, Paris was standing in front of a S.H.I.E.L.D. operative, which was a privilege within itself. Especially if Paris' father, Peter, were to be notified of his invitation into this new Avengers Initiative. Without hesitation, Paris yelped, "Stop right there, I'm in.". A smile crossed his face and he was ready to get started.

"Give me so excited juice." Rogue said to Jessica. Jessica meanwhile flew right over her daughter and slapped five with Rogue. But it seemed Jessica didn't experience the same kind of negative effects of power absorption someone would experience from an earlier version of Rogue or her daughter at his point. Jessica then flew at her own daughter while Rogue flew to fight Shyster. No matter how hard the two girls would fight they would find they can't overcome their mothers with their current strategy of fighting two one on one battles especially with the fact their parents are more developed with their powers and skills than their daughters at their current stage.

Peach Tea Peach Tea Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Kenshin exited Steve's office, he saw Coal waiting in front t of the secretary. Kenshin of course was wearing his mask again and walked by Coal without saying a word. The secretary then waved Coal to enter the office. Once Coal entered Steve began. "Coal Black so far I know you want payment for your services and as such you'll be paid monthly at the same pay grade of a Special Agent. Raises are possible depending on how good of Avenger you are. If this is your only request then you don't really have a minimum commitment since you're paid monthly you can choose to leave the Avengers whenever. You start on the pay roll upon passing your evaluation, so that means the more times you end up retaking it could mean that you miss the first month's pay. Is there anything else you would like to request for your contract? Changes are possible later on if you can't think of anything currently."

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

"Well Mr Parker let's head up to the roof, I had my VTOL land up there." The Agent said.

(Timeskip to the Helicarrier, out of necessity)

The agent and Parker exited the VTOL after it docked on the deck of the Helicarrier. The agent did his best to guide a likely all to bewildered and interested Paris Parker into the waiting room for Steve Rogers's office. "Wait here, Mr Parker. The Director will be right with you." The Agent said before leaving.

DankWaffles DankWaffles

Bianca ducked away from her mother and held up her fists, ready to punch if she needed to. "This is useless... My mother has the exact same powers as me but more devolved.... I couldn't beat her-- ack!" Bianca yelped as she was punched in the face and thrown to the floor. "Elise! This isn't going to work!" She rolled away from another attack. "We need to fight together, and not just two one on one battles--" she jumped up and slowly took off her gloves, before grimacing. She never really would've expected that she'd need to use her powers so quickly. "Or I could just..." She reached into her boot and pulled out a small pocket knife, not big enough to take down her mother, but enough to serve as a distraction.
Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla Field Marshall Field Marshall

When Coal entered the room he looked around taking in any detail he could find. He listened to Steve as he walked along the side of the room, looking at the awards and other little items around the office. He slowly made his way over to Roger's desk where he noticed a specific set of papers sitting in the center of his desk. He figured this was his contract. Coal picked up the papers and started to look them over. He wouldn't sign anything yet. Rogers said he could make changes... So he figured this would be the best time to actually go over the contract...... By himself.

He motioned to the papers and gave Rogers an exhausted smile before heading out of the office. As he left he didn't even bother to look and see who else was in the waiting area. He figured he could look these papers over as he made his way to his evaluation. Rogers said he wouldn't get paid unless he passed....

Coal walked out of the office waiting room and back to the maze of hall ways. After wandering around a bit he was able to pick up a pattern. He even made his way back to the conference room where he had picked up his backpack. Coal then made his way to the training deck to find something really interesting....

The two girls from earlier were now in a heated battle with... It took him a second or two to place the pieces together. They had to be fighting versions of their parents... Or which ever parent they had gotten their powers from.

Coal was able to pick out Rogue in seconds. He knew quite a bit about the woman as she had a lot of history with his dad. Anyone that had known or was some how associated with his ad, Coal made it a priority to know about them.

Coal placed his contract into his bag as he stayed on the sidelines and watched as the battle with Elise and Bianca continued.

......... So this was there evaluation............ This only meant that Coal would have to fight against his father too at some point.....

Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla Peach Tea Peach Tea Field Marshall Field Marshall

Elise dodged her mother and ran over to Bianca. "Well, I am open to suggestions." Elise stated while holding her fists up in the direction of her mother. "Even together we can't overpower them because they have too much strength. I don't know how we are supposed to do this!" Elise said. She kept her back pointed towards Bianca so they wouldn't be vulnerable. "My mother taught me everything so she knows everything I can do..." Peach Tea Peach Tea Field Marshall Field Marshall

Bianca frowned hesitating, "wait... But my mom doesn't know how you fight, nor does your mom know I I fight...." She gripped the pocket knife, "so what if we switched places, you fight my mom and I'll fight yours... What do you think of that?" She glanced over and saw Rogue getting ready for a punch, "DUCK" she yelled and ducking, hoping Elise wouldn't get a surprised punch from behind.
Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Elise pondered about what Bianca said and agreed. "Better than nothing." She said. She heard Bianca yell duck so she bent down to the ground. Elise looked up and saw that it was Bianca's mother who threw the punch. Before she could retract the punch, Elise attempted to grab her arm and slam her to the ground. Peach Tea Peach Tea Field Marshall Field Marshall

Bianca lept over and went to protect Elise from any possible attacks by Elise's mother. 'She's got some moves...' Bianca thought to herself, rather surprised and almost jealous. 'Not sure if I can use my powers on Elise's mom... My supposed projectioning mother's powers didn't work on her... I doubt mine will...'

Right when Elise thought she had Rogue right where she wanted her it was the other around as Rogue began drain Elise's powers the hard way meaning it would be painful and torturous for Elise. The exercise ended right there as Bianca went to cover Elise from an attack from Jessica. Suddenly both the life like projections of their mothers vanished. Vision hovered over to the two using his computer like kind to enter the SHIELD network to mark them as a pass for their evaluation. "Congratulations, you have successfully passed your evaluation. Wasn't too bad right, you should head up the Director's office." Vision explained.

Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla Peach Tea Peach Tea

"Coal Black I order you to drop all your personal items and step right here to begin your evaluation." Vision said turning to face Coal. There was a red circle to highlight where Coal's supposed to be standing.

"Mr Parker, the Director will now see you." Steve's secretary told Paris.

DankWaffles DankWaffles

Coal watched as the fight came to a close. Curious as to what made them pass. Was it team work? Might have been. Coal blinked when Vision called out for him. He wasn't planning on taking the test right away, but since he was here.... Coal placed his backpack on the ground followed by his phone. He took one more sip from his monster before placing it next to his things.

He made his way to the marked red section. From what he gathered he would be fighting a simulation of his old man. That alone was a little confusing. Coal very much was an expert on his father's abilities. The internet and other forms of social media helped Coal grasp a great understanding of his powers ever since he was a kid and discovered them. But even with his extent knowledge and first hand experience, he never meet his dad. He had seen videos and saw some of the man's tactics, but who's to say that this would be like that.

Coal stepped into the red lit area waiting for his evaluation to start.

Bianca let out a relieved laugh, and turned to grin at Elise. "We did it!" She slid her pocket knife back into her boot and stretched. Working as a team wasn't as bad as Bianca had thought. She had felt a new feeling, a sudden rush of excitement as she went to help her supposed companion in a fake battle. This was a rush she hadmt felt since she began being a vigilante.

Elise let out a slight scream as she felt her powers draining and it suddenly stopped. She was surprised on how quickly the evaluation ended. When Bianca spoke, Elise couldn't help speaking out. "We didn't really do anything. They stopped the simulation before we got destroyed." Elise didn't feel accomplished about anything. They didn't land any hits and she ended up getting hurt. Elise began heading towards the Director's office and pondered the entire time. When she got there, she sat in the waiting room for the Director's Office. Field Marshall Field Marshall Peach Tea Peach Tea

Vision waved his hands and 11 humanoid projections appeaeed in two straight lines facing each other. They were space about 20 meters apart, the five nearest to Coal were blue and the six on the far side were red. Vision waved his hands and 5 metal plates appeared, each one the size of one of the projections. Suddenly there were guns in red projections hands and they seemed to take aim at each other and Coal. "You may only use the five plates." Vision ordered. They all fired simultaneously with one aimed for Coal. As there were only five plates Coal could only protect five projections or sacrifice one to guard himself.

Kenshin had gone to his room aboard the Helicarrier now that he had his Avengers card he was fully qualified to go on missions and could more importantly open his room door. He removed his shoes and simply plopped down onto his bed. He looked around his room thinking that it was going to need some decoration from its blank state.

(Open to interaction)

DankWaffles DankWaffles (Get a move on you got a line waiting for your character now)

Bianca frowned, "sheesh....." She mumbled to herself and began her walks towards the directiors office. She hadn't meant to be rude, and hurt Elise, yet that seemed to be the problem here. Bianca reached the director's office and sat in the far end away from Elise, almost pouting. She was to a point of where she was nervous of apologizing and running every single bad scenario of what could happen in her mind over and over again. Man, was she not a people person.

When the the humanoids appeared Coal was confused. As Vision explained the game Coal wondered why he was given this task and not one like the others. But he did like puzzles and challenges. But this seemed like a no real challenge. Coal played all kinds of puzzle games when he had some free time or wanted to do something challenging. The game was simple, save himself or sacrifice another. He can only use five shields... Vision didn't say if he himself can move or not....

Plus Coal had his own shield. He didn't need metal to stop bullets. Coal's first move was to use the shields to protect his humanoids as he moved. Using magnetic fields he made the bullets flying towards his side slow down so he had enough time to get to where he needed to be. Standing now in front of the closest humanoid near to him he shielded himself and the humanoid while the other four had their own shields.

The goal was simple. Keep himself and the dummies alive.... Right?

Coal didn't like not having fire power, so he angled the shields to ricochet the bullets off his shields and to hit the red side.

Last edited:
Steve from inside his office yelled. "Send them all in, it'll g much faster if I take more at a time." With that secretary beckoned for all three in the waiting room to head on in to see the Director.

Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla Peach Tea Peach Tea DankWaffles DankWaffles

The bullets vanished before they could hit the red side. The game clearly was changed but the objective of it remained the same. The red projections vanished replaced by little floating red energy balls that began fire a series of lasers. Overtime more red balls began appearing firing more lasers. Laser were coming from every angle and instead of deflecting off of the metal plates the simply burn a little into them. The big problem was that the plates are only big enough in surface area to cover 5 people. Unlike the previous part where it was one direction now it was coming from various directions and angles. A single hit anywhere on a blue projection would mean the death of the blue projection. Coal only had as long as it would take for orbs to multiply to the point where it all angles would be covered. The projections themselves were immobile stuck in their line formation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back