• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel: Next Generation IC(Always Accepting)

Coal narrowed his eyes a bit as the Agents left the room quickly. His attention slowly drifted over to Kenshin as the guy answered his questions. "No shit?" He asked in a dull tone. Coal was familiar with the Avengers as was the rest of the world. Creating a new team sounded like something they would do as the older team was getting.... old....

"So they leave a guy in a mask in charge?" He asked as he looked from the new girl back to Kenshin. "So are you appointed leader?" he asked. His tone was otherwise snarky.

Coal didn't think he would be considered Avenger material, but to leave them with a guy who apparently wore a mask all the time.... Didn't sit right with him. Did he think his identity was in danger? Or was he just the mystery guy trying to keep his nose clean in case this failed.

"Show I wear a mask?" Coal asked as he turned his full body towards Kenshin. "Or do you have a note from your mom?" His sarcasm was indeed specific and well aimed.

Peach Tea Peach Tea Field Marshall Field Marshall

Last edited:
Elise looked the agent over. "Say I did agree to what you are saying, what would I be agreeing to and what are the benefits. Also, what about my mother and my schooling?" Elise was very intrigued by this offer, but she was also worried that she may be in over her head. She was no where close to being as powerful as her mother and it was much easier to handle common criminals. If she was needed to save the world, that means a much bigger than a few thugs and murderers. "Do I have any option to leave after I accept?" Field Marshall Field Marshall

Last edited:
"I am stating the obvious here when I say you see to not like my mask very much. I have my reasons s for wearing it and if you feel the need to where one too I am sure they'll get you one. I am not the leader, if I am I was not informed of this. I don't even think I am leadership material quite frankly." Kenshin replied. After all I am a criminal, don't think they'd put one of the more questionable characters on this team as it's leader.

Peach Tea Peach Tea Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

"Each recruit will be given a chance to negotiate their own contract including terms, benefits, and retirement. You can even negotiate for changes to that contract later on. This is to ensure everyone gets what they need and nothing they don't. So it pretty much any to all those things you just asked Ms Jones." The agent replied. He activated his headset once more marking a landing zone in the park for the optically camouflage VTOL noticing how empty the park was at present. "Any more questions, Ms Jones?" The agent asked.

Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Bianca stares as the group with a raised eyebrow, "what?" She wrinkled her nose. "And what about a leader? I mean who needs one? I'm a lone wolf, i don't listen to anyone..." She frowned, a lot of these people seem d to be rather annoying already. Especially that Coal dude. Bianca also couldn't imagine working in a team, I mean she already had troubles working with just another person. How the heck was she supposed to get used to working with several other people? Suddenly this program didn't sound as good as she thought.

Coal had a look of excitement on his face.... Clearly fake. He looked to Bianca and then back to Kenshin. "I can get one just like yours?" He asked. "Does it come with a happy meal too?" He tried to hold back his smile but it was failing. Coal never did make good first impressions. Sarcasm was his first line of defense... Also his second... Third and so on. It took a lot for Coal to... Well not be a smart ass....

But the guy was walking right into Coal's line of fire. He couldn't help himself. Even if he tried.

Coal turned his attention to Bianca. "Lone wolf?" He asked. "So I got teamed up with a lone wolf and a know it all fox?" Coal rolled his head back and looked to the ceiling, "wow"

He looked back to the room shaking his head lightly. "S.H.E.I.L.D. must be smoking something... And I'm sure its not crack." He stated. Coal leaned back in his chair as he ran a few fingers over his temples. What did he really agree to?

"Did i sign up to be a glorified dog walker or something?" He questioned mostly to himself.

(Sorry for Coal's harsh words... This is really just him... Once he opens up he's not so.... rude.. lol)

Elise thought about it for a minute. This seems legit and I get all these benefits out of it. Where's the harm? She thought to herself. She turned back to the agent. "I'm also assuming that I have to work with others? That shouldn't be too bad, but sometimes I don't play nicely in the sandbox. When do we start?" She asked the agent. Elise didn't want to have to wait long and let the anticipation get to her. Field Marshall Field Marshall

Kenshin not giving into Coal's provacation. "They'll likely assign so eone who young during the previous generation to lead this team. I don't know about you guys but I do what I must out of necessity and don't allow personal preferences to get in my way." Kenshin said. After all, in my normal line of work I would probably be tasked with killing or kidnapping all of you. They don't need to know that.

Peach Tea Peach Tea Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

"When you pick up a bunch if individuals off the street who have been working alone for most of their time, you can't expect them to get along really nice at the beginning." The agent said hailing the VTOL. Elise would likely be able to spot it or hear it by now as it landed in the park. "The start is over there." The agent said standing up and motioning for her to follow. It would be a standard dropoff in which they reach the Helicarrier and he drops her off at the Conference room with the other Avengers recruits.

Coal rose a brow when Kenshin mentioned 'personal preference', the guy was wearing a mask. More like personal gain for that one.

Coal let out a huff of air as he started to feel bored. He leaned back in his chair and let his feet turn his seat from side to side. Some adventure this was. All it was so far was an awesome get away from foster care and a cool ride to room full of strangers.... All which seemed to be very much in this for themselves. Coal let his eyes wander as he would rather be distracted with something better than a mask and a lone wolf girl who seemed rather quiet.

He stopped his chair from moving and looked to the door. A light smirk creasing the corners of his lips as he thought about just leaving and running around exploring. The woman said not to go anywhere that was restricted.... But she probably meant fox bitch and wolf chick.... She didn't mean him... Coal couldn't help the smirk as he thought about this.

"Well... It was nice meeting the both of you." Coal got up from his chair and headed for the door. "But I'm sure there is a cafeteria around here somewhere... And well... I'm just going to go look for it myself.." He gave both of them a quick wave before leaving the room.

Elise pursed her lips and nodded her head. "Yeah, that seems about right." She heard something making nose and spotted the vehicle landing in the park. Elise followed the agent to the cehicle and stopped. "I'm assuming this is safe to ride in." She said out loud. "What happens when we get there?" Elise asked. Field Marshall Field Marshall

Lee rolled on his bed, pulling his sheets up onto his bed. Director Rogers had already informed him about the little Odd Squad he was bringing together, but as of now he was just tired. Just the other day he'd faced off against another one of the Hand's ninjas, and barely gained any information off of them, at least none he felt he actually needed. He'd just been interrogated about some Kenshin Harada folk, who the hell was that? Liam managed a laugh in his sleep as he somehow faded back into the haven that was his mind, his goals, his dreams.
8b056e105123acdd1edd8918ed6ab4f2.jpg

Liam enjoyed the sleep while it lasted, all before he felt a hand on his chest. He quickly jerked up, grabbing the hand as he was prepared to throw whoever dare touch him towards the wall before realizing that it was just Maria Hill, his mother figure of sorts. At least ever since he left home. "You know you're late right, eh, bud?" She asked Liam. He sighed, brushing his hair back to reveal his pale face. "It's going to be boring as fuck. Those kids'll probably be peeing their pants at some real action." Maria chuckled, pulling Liam off of his bed and into his washroom. "Director Rogers hates your attitude." She ended, before leaving his room. With that, he took a shower, freshened up and wore some casual clothing that consisted of a t-shirt, some track pants and normal shoes before heading out of his S.H.I.E.L.D. quarters and towards the meeting room where he was supposed to meet the other recruits.
Liam took a bite out of a cinnabon he'd taken from the S.H.I.E.L.D. breakfast hall, strolling towards the meeting room before turning right into it. He could feel an object... hard.. a person bump into him. Liam quickly countered what he thought was an attack with a quick blow to the nose with his left hand, years of training had definitely paid off. He was prepared to launch a second move before realizing that it was just another kid his age, sighing as he held the bloodied boy upright. "Your nose'll be fine." Maria was so wrong about these kids, where was this smart guy going? "I'm not too sure about your ego though. You should go back inside, before another agent knocks you up."With that, Liam walked around the boy he'd injured and took a seat in one of the empty chairs. He glanced about the room, taking note of Kenshin and Bianca. He nodded, giving Bianca a flirtatious wink before taking another bite into the bun.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Peach Tea Peach Tea

Bianca stared at the group frowning. Just after that, a new kid walked in, who looked like he'd been forced into attending this. She watched as he smacked another boy by accident, 'Good reflexes...' she thought to herself with a simple shrug, then watched as he sat down in an empty seat at the table, before tossing her a flirtatious wink. Bianca couldn't tell whether he was more interested in the people in the room or the Cinnabon at this point. "ew." Bianca mumbled after she received the wink and frowned, 'there's got to be another female coming...' She thought with an upset frown. fin fin

Oh... This was fun.... Just as he had left the room he ran into someone. He took a step back, but the guy still ran into him none the less. Coal was not new to fights and had gotten into plenty growing up. The guy was quick and all, but Coal was only able to move a bit before the kid hit him. He was aiming for the center of his face only to snap a hook to Coal's cheek. The force knocked him to the ground as he could start to feel the tingle of pain. He placed a hand to his left cheek only to remove his hand to find that the other had been able to break the skin.

With a hiss in his breath he went to wipe the blood away when the other lifted him to his feet.

Coal narrowed his eyes and immediately hated the guy. He once more wiped some of the blood off his face as he looked back to the new comer. He noticed the wink to the girl and had to hold back his thoughts, laughs and comments he wanted to make.

Coal made sure to keep his powers in check... Even if this was something that he did consistently the new comer pushed all of his buttons.

Coal agreed with Bianca at this point. "yes he is disgusting." Coal whispered to where she would be the only one to hear him.

"You'll find out." The agent said as he and Elise boarding the VTOL. It was a short trip to the Helicarrier from the park. He then guided her through the Helicarrier to the meeting room. He said "Please wait in the conference room with the other, the boss is on his way." The agent the proceeded to leave her there at the Conference room.

Kenshin eyed the entrance of Liam Rand, he only knew of this person because of his time with the Hand. He also saw a new girl guided into the room right after him followed by Coal's bloodied return. Once everyone was seated again one recognizable person and one unrecognizable person entered the room. They stood at the head of the table and suddenly there was a projection over the table. It was Director Steve Rogers along with a man dressed in the Winter Soldier outfit but with two metallic arms and a shaved head. The mask made it difficult to tell but it most likely was not Bucky Barnes in that suit.

Director Rogers began "I am sure by now you know you're been selected for SHIELD's Avengers Intiative. I am now Director of SHIELD Steve Rogers former Captain America and one of the first Avengers. To keep it simple the world needs new World Saving heroes. You all are here to be those heroes. However a few things will be done differently this time around. First of all you'll have contracts which you'll each negotiate with me personally sometime within the next 24 hours. We'll workout your benefits and your terms of service. Second, is that SHIELD will be ones responsible for your actions as Avengers and will sanction them unless it's some renegade action that ends up causing mass destruction and loss of life at which point SHIELD will not be able to sanction you and therefore you'll face the proper consequences. This ensures the continued existence of SHIELD and the Avengers Initiative even if one of your own does something to screw that up. Those are the most important changes to how the Avengers will be run. Any questions regarded anything I just said?"

Peach Tea Peach Tea Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova fin fin Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

As Elise entered the conference room, she observed the other people in the room. She tried to read them, but for the time being she decided to keep her guard up. Elise sat down in a chair and waited as a few other people showed up. Apparently, it was Steve Rogers and he began explaining what they were about to do. When he asked if there were any questions regarding what he just said, Elise spoke up. "Yeah, I have one. You and the other guy kept saying that we are saving the world and other crap like that. What exactly are we getting ourselves into?" Elise asked. Field Marshall Field Marshall

"..." Bianca stared ahead. In all honesty, she had absolutely no questions. Which was somewhat surprising compared to her usual inquisitive outlook on things such as this. Then again, she figured the more questions there would be, meant this would take longer, and have signing contracts seem like an eternity.

Liam continued to look at Bianca, frowning at the look she'd given him. Guess she can't take a joke. He decided in an effort to chair himself up. From there, he continued eating his breakfast, finishing it slowly as to enjoy every piece of the sweet goodness. He glanced towards Coal once more, watching as he told Bianca that he was disgusting thanks to his enhanced hearing. This was followed to the glare of another man. Even though he could remember the man from somewhere, he couldn't ask about it, he was already too pissed. Liam sighed, trying to control his anger. If he was going to be on a team with these kids, he might as well be nice.

Not too long after, the one and only Captain America arrived, with his former partner, Bucky Barnes. He struggled to hold back the grimace at Bucky's arms, he'd heard the stories of Bucky. Frozen just like Cap, but was instead captured by Hydra, robotic arm, blah blah blah. With that, he sat up and listened to what Steve had to say. A contract was definitely nothing he expected, he was thinking they'd get the cards and get right to it, though this was alright to. Liam had already began thinking of his benefits, counting them all in his head while Steve still talked. As the director finished, he shook his head, having understood everything he'd been told.

He turned to the other recruit though, who actually had a question. All he could do was stare at her hair though. Dope. He thought while she asked her own question.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Peach Tea Peach Tea Field Marshall Field Marshall Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Coal had neglected to take a seat at the table when the Agent walked in. The hologram over the table of Steve Rogers and..... That was not the winter soldier... He was too young and may of had similar features... But that was not him. Coal glanced around the room reading the others. When playing a game of poker you never look at your cards right away. You look at the other players who looked to their cards.

The question as to what they were getting into was obviously being answered just by looking around the room... They were getting into a pile of shit, covered in more shit. If this was SHIELDS best of the best for a new Avengers... They were all done for. No one in the room seemed to want to get along. Coal's comments from earlier would not help anything, but it seemed like he wasn't the only one questioning about working with others. He honestly figured he would have to work with others.... It was SHIELD... They were a team based organization. Ho could you agree to something and not think you would be working alone?

Coal leaned his back against the wall and shoved his hands in his pockets as he waited just like the others.

He failed to think about what he would ask for or even how this meeting with Captain America would even go. Instead his eyes feel to the floor and found his shoes more interesting at the moment. Even with his eyes elsewhere, his attention still focused on the room.

"Excellent question, first of all take deep breath. We are not hurling you at Galactus...Yet." Steve replied with a terrible joke that may not have been a joke. "What you guys are getting into is a bigger responsibility then being a vigilante or what we call City Defenders, friendly neighborhood heroes, etc you guys will be dealing with criminal activity that operates on a larger scale and that are higher level threats. That's the importance of having a team because one or two individuals won't cut it. And umm..." Steve turned to look at person dressed in the Winter Soldier outfit. "Before anyone asks, that's not the Winter Soldier that —" Steve was cut off by the person in the Winter Soldier seemingly melting into another figure.
latest

The figure spoke "I am your supervisor, Vision. I apologise for my previous appearance I was going through forms for training simulations. As Director Rogers still has his duties to leading SHIELD and be occupied with you 24/7. My primary role will be your training both individually and as a team, that's because I have access to your dossiers and have compiled them personally. There is room for improvement for all of you. I will also be your Mission Support when you're in the field and will assume role as your Supervisor whenever Director Rogers can't." The Android explained.

Steve continued after Vision finished introducing himself. "As Vision explained he'll be in charge of your training. You guys may not be the last of those added to the Avengers Initiative but are the first. Before we send you out on your first assignment you all must pass an evaluation by Vision. Once you pass evaluateion and have negotiated a contract you'll receive your Avenger cards which will clear you for missions. The evaluation criteria will include your ability to follow orders and ability to be a team member, the reason I mention that is because most of you are new to the concept of working in such a team. Remember, how long till you start your first assignment is up to how long it'll take you to pass your evaluation."

The projection above the table indicated one hall aboard the ship in red. "This hall contains your single person rooms, they are marked with your names on them. They are filled with all your neccessities including entertainment. But still if there are personal items of yours you would like to retrieve from your homes, Vision will work with you on the matter. If there are not further questions, this meeting is adjourned. You're free to roam the Helicarrier, just remain out of the restricted areas. I will be in my office right after I leave this room." Steve then made to exit the room he stopped behind Liam and said "You already passed the evaluation when you first joined SHIELD, you're not required to retake it." Steve pulled something out of his long black trench coat which seemed to be some sort of dimension compression device and from emerged Kenshin's Red Muramasa in it's sheath. He left it on the table in front of Kenshin, then exited the conference room.

Vision lingered and would be the last person still in the room. He was watching to see if they would make an attempted to get to know each other. He watched Kenshin grasped his weapon and make it disappear in red flash.

Peach Tea Peach Tea Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova fin fin Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Elise watched as Steve left and she stood up. She thought about just getting up and going to her room. As much as she would love to be by herself, she is going to have to get to know these people if she was going to work with them. Elise sat on the top of a table and looked at the rest of them. "So, since we are all going to be spending a lot of time together, we should get to know each other. I'm Elise Jones, also known as Bones, and I have super strength basically." Elise states. Peach Tea Peach Tea Field Marshall Field Marshall Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova fin fin

Liam acknowledged all what the Director had said, nodding in admission whenever he talked. He was surprised at Vision taking the form of some sort of Winter Soldier, but equally impressed. With that, Steve announced that the others would have to go through some sort of evaluation, he could vividly remember his own. Shaking the thoughts away, he turned to face the others as Steve left the room.

Elise had spoken first, in which Liam replied with, "Liam." His voice was quieter than normal, possibly a cause of him evaluating each of the recruits in his head. "And... sorry for earlier." He forced himself to admit as he glanced towards Coal and then Bianca. Might as well tender 'em up, ey? He thought.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova Peach Tea Peach Tea Field Marshall Field Marshall Pink Gorilla Pink Gorilla

Bianca grimaced at the thought of talking to people. She turned to look at coal, "hey uh... I'm Bianca.. And you are?" She tilted her head and her eyebrows raised. For whatever reason, Bianca's eyebrows would randomly raise when she was asking a question, which her mother admittedly thought was the funniest thing ever. 'Mom....' A twang of homesickness washed over Bianca.

Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova

Coal looked over to Liam when the guy addressed him and the lone wolf girl. He felt the apology was fake and gave no real though to even responding. Besides Liam and Elise the whole introduction thing was failing. Coal looked over to Bianca from where he was standing when she blankly voiced him out. He blinked at the gesture to respond with his name, only to feel like this was something he was all too familiar with.

It was just like every foster home he had been sent to. There was always that little moment of introductions, little moments of 'I'm so and so, and this is...' Coal shifted his eyes over to Vision for a split second still keeping his thoughts to himself. As far as he could tell this room was full of people who probably never worked with another person before, let alone a group. Some had attitudes while others hid their faces....

Coal let himself move away from the wall as he headed for the door once more. He left the room without saying anything and with out really meeting anyone's eyes. He was quick to randomly pick a direction and go.

He needed to think about this whole 'Avengers' thing. Especially after hearing that they would be tested and evaluated. They picked them... So why were they being tested? Wouldn't they have already done something like that? They probably did and were just testing the waters to see who got along with who. If there was an evaluation then there was a chance that some of them would be sent home. So there was no guarantee that they would be here for long......

Kenshin watched as Coal walked out of the room, without introducing himself. Kenshin thought it best to be careful what he reveals about himself because he knows certain details would make them jump to the wrong conclusion a little too fast for an explanation to be viable before they re at each other's throats. He removed his mask as his actual face meant nothing to true identity. His mask before Japanese criminals would reveal him as an Elite Enforcer of Clan Yashida Red Samurai. His last name would reveal who his father is, who his brother is, and also the fact he is of Clan Yashida. So he only gave his first name, not even his alias. "My name is Kenshin. The mask is more of an accessory than anything else. I am basically a ninja who can cut through almost anything." He explained. If he said the words 'Tachyon Field' he doubted they'd understand without further explanation that would boil down to the same summarization he just gave.

At this point Vision exited the room after saying "I'll on the training deck if you wish to undergo your evaluations."

Elise got up off of the table and began walking towards the door. About halfway there, she turned around and began walking backwards towards the door. "Since you've all made this awkward, I'll be going to the training deck." Elise stated and turned back around, exiting the conference room. She kept her hands in her jacket pockets and made her way to the training deck. As Elise was walking, she processed everything that just happened, which wasn't a lot. So, we got... Liam that's it, who apparently pissed off... Bianca and... black-haired boy. Bianca flat out ignored me so not a person I want to play nice with and the other boy left without saying a word. Then ninja boy who can cut through anything. This was a mistake, we are never going to be able to work as a team, Elise thought to herself. She arrived at the training deck and looked around. "Let's get this 'evaluation' over with." She said out loud.
Field Marshall Field Marshall
Mentioned: Peach Tea Peach Tea Super Villain Nova Super Villain Nova fin fin

Bianca watched silently. 'Do I want to do this...' She frowned slightly before standing up and headed towards the training deck without another word. Bianca's head was swimming with several different things, to a point if where she was terrified of making a bad impression. She glanced down and noticed her hands were shaking, which she quickly shoved them into her pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back