• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Marvel Inspired Roleplay

Excidius

The Watcher of All
Would anybody be interested in a casual / advanced roleplay inspired by the comics and films published by Marvel?

I would presume it to take place in a fresh alternate Universe, that has the same super-character concepts as the main Marvel 616 Universe and also the Cinematic Universe, yet we could introduce new original characters or put new spins on already established characters - for instance, a new character could gain the powers of Thor, or you could have a character such as Peter Parker, with the same backstory, have a completely different set of powers, or you can introduce new characters with new powers.

Or if you wanted, you could take the helm of a non-powered character that observes the events caused by the super-characters.

Obviously this would take time to flesh out because of the lack of occurred events immediately, but perhaps we can establish some motivations and consequences to the characters.

Also, this would be very different from normal comic books, because clearly there is no art to go alongside, meaning a probably less emphasis on action and more on character development and relationships.

I have a lot of free time on my hands, wouldn't mind helping with the story.

I'll be willing to get involved, although I have to ask: how many people will be in this roleplay? Is it a no-limit kind of deal?

I was thinking of no-limit, because of the huge expansive normal Universe Marvel utilises. I would also keep a list of main (applied) characters and their immediate supporting cast and keep their location and state clear, so people can follow it quite easily.

I think I will go with this format unless it gets too out of control. Also you must apply and I won't accept you unless you are at a satisfactory level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back