• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Lucia had a grin cross her face "No need to tell me twice." as she walked next to Thalia immediately, Lucia was relived as she could feel her hunger rising with each step toward the the fast food place, but thank goodness she was sane. Or else she might have been drooling that's how hungry she was of course she ate enough in her world maybe to last her 3 days but since after she crossed the portal the flow of the time sped up or slowed down it felt weird to her and her body causing it to get hungry, exhausted, hurt, pain.

"So--- are you going to eat?" Lucia asked but judging by the way she was saying it you could tell she thought Thalia wasn't going to eat especially after drinking coffee which Lucia had seen her take a sip out of it during their little walk, and chat. "I'm not forcing- just asking." she put in. As she grabbed her dollar from her pocket and a wallet from her back pocket of her pants all together she had at least 500 dollars, maybe even she could rent maybe..... a cheap motel probably not but worth the shot.

"No." Thalia had just drank a whole cup of coffee, and she hadn't used up much of her energy yet, so she was not feeling hungry. As she glanced at Lucia again, she noticed the girl had more money in her wallet. It would probably be enough to last her long enough in this world. Well, good for her, Thalia thought. She also noticed Lucia didn't seem so worn out anymore. She still looked tired, but better than she was earlier. She was probably getting used to the radiation.

As the pair arrived at the restaurant, Thalia turned to her companion when they reached the entrance, stopping there.
"Well, I'm sure you know how to order food, so go ahead. I'll just wait here." She then quickly added, "And don't take too long." She was an impatient person, and hated waiting. As a speedster, time could be very slow for her at times, particularly when she was doing nothing.

Lucia rolled her eyes "Yes, I understand-I'm not a turtle." she sighed and made her order quickly and quite proficiently as if she already knew what was inside the fast food place even thought she had never been here. As she ordered she settled down, in a seat across Thalia, she smiled and asked "Thanks for bringing me here." she thanked her putting her hood down to reveal herself of course she was dirty and she knew this she showed a motion sign to tell she was going to the bathroom, and left Thalia for a few moments before coming back most of the dirt and blood came off her and she looked clean enough to be presentable in public her brown chestnut-hair, short. Her green eyes bright but still something was bothering them.

"So, Thalia did you help me for personal gain? or because of an act of kindness?" she asked sharply as she took a sip of water.

Thalia was quite surprised by the question. It came out of the blue, and she had to admit she had not been expecting that. But she remained composed, as always, and took a second to think over what she was going to say. Should she lie? She could if she wanted, she was an expert at deceiving people. Then she could continue interrogating the girl. Or should she tell the truth? Have the satisfaction of hurting her feelings, reveal everything to have been a fraud, after Lucia had possibly warmed up to her? Middleway, she decided.

"Both, I suppose." She shrugged her shoulders lightly, appearing nonchalant. "I was curious about you. Injured girl covered in blood, coming from another world. You still haven't told me how you ended up like that, by the way." The truth. "But I also felt bad for you." The lie.

Lucia listened carefully to what Thalia had to say, she could tell the difference between a lie and a truth this would determine what Thalia was thinking, or what kind of person she is. Her species, or she should say Lucia's species; had a special ability of being able to tell the difference between a lie and truth--- very useful to be honest. But because of this many people decided to use her species to make sure people were loyal to them, but if Thalia told a lie Lucia wouldn't be hurt she had already been betrayed in her own world.

As a minute passed Thalia told her, the first was a truth. The second, was a lie. so, she must be a curious type, I could tell. She likes asking questions, and wants knowledge. Well then I'll give her some. she thought and took another sip of her water and looked directly into Thalia's eyes.

"Your first answer was a truth. Second lie. Why? Do you want to get knowledge from me?" Lucia asked calmly and composed, of course some people would be surprised with her ability and would never lie in front of her because they knew Lucia would figure it out later, Lucia wondered what kind of reaction Thalia would have.

Thalia froze and hesitated for a moment, slightly caught off guard. She wondered, in that moment, whether Lucia actually knew she had been half lying, or if the girl was just bluffing to see if she would fall into the trap and reveal her true feelings, confirming the suspicions. In her mind, she quickly replayed the events of the past minute. She knew for a fact she hadn't slipped up, and Lucia had seemed sure enough when she declared her knowledge of the lie. Therefore, she concluded, there was almost no doubt this was a special ability the girl possessed.

Thalia placed a hand on the side of the table in front of her, leaning back on her seat, and sighed. She supposed it was time she dropped her kind and helpful facade - which she wasn't putting much effort into in the first place - and started acting like her normal self.

Then, she did something you wouldn't expect her to do when caught in such a situation, caught lying. She smiled. It wasn't a wide and excited grin type of smile, but it was certainly a smile. It was probably the first smile she gave throughout their meeting so far. Of course, this wasn't how she had planned to continue their conversation, and she was displeased inside that she wouldn't be able to lie anymore, but she managed to find out one thing about Lucia's species.
"So, you have the power to tell whether someone's lying. Nice ability to have, I imagine." She then proceeded to answer the girl's next question. Truthfully, of course. "I'm just naturally curious about everything. Of course, some things like other people's personal lives doesn't interest me enough to make me care, but anything out of the ordinary, I seek to learn more about. And you didn't seem like the average civilian."

"Well," she snorted lightly. "You came from another world. You weren't, an average civilian." She rephrased her statement. "What was happening on the other side of that portal? It certainly wasn't anything pleasant." She gestured with her hand to Lucia's figure, which was now cleaner, but she was referring to its messy state earlier.

Lucia saw Thalia's face become a little startled and she knew she got it right. Finally as Thalia started acting like herself, Lucia was convinced Thalia would tell the truth now because of how she sat. But when Thalia smiled, Lucia's eyebrow went up in confusion of what this girl was thinking about, but she was relived to see Thalia smile since it almost seemed like Thalia couldn't smile. "Yes, I have the power to know if you're lying or not." she responded to Thalia's statement, she continued on. "Well, I could see that by the time when you asked questions and the truths and lies you told." she proceeded.

"And yes, I'm not a normal citizen." she said briskly, and she understood what Thalia's gesture meant and nodded, "Certainly not. My world or the other side is currently being attacked or being destroyed by aliens, may of the people in the city have died, and disappeared few of us remain. But when we found out the way we could use stones to make portals we started sending people to get help from the other side of course we didn't send too many people but after a while we got desperate during the time when I was passing through the portal, aliens, the invaders attacked me. During this time my friends did their best to make sure I could get through the portal, to ask for help anyone would be ok, we just were really desperate. And now, my friends are dead." she trialed off, grief glanced her tone and eyes as she looked down.

"Even now I'm sure my world is getting beaten up and annihilated each moment as we speak. So I need help, and then I saw you in a vision during my pass through the portal, so when I saw you I asked for your help since the vision showed me you, even thought I never knew you or talked to you before in my life." she confessed, she wasn't telling a lie she was telling the truth.

Thalia nodded along slowly as Lucia explained what was happening on the other world, gaze fixed blankly on the table. She interrupted the girl when she said that her friends were dead, and turned her eyes to her, raising an eyebrow. "So, all your friends are dead? How can you be sure? Did you see them die? For all you know, they could have survived somehow." She wasn't saying this to comfort her companion, only pointing out a possibility. She was irritated by Lucia's sudden sad and grieving mood.

Thalia perked up at hearing Lucia say she had visions.
"You can also see things through visions. What are you, a psychic?" She didn't pause long enough to give time for the girl to answer, however, as she immediately moved on to the next part, sitting back up straight. "What do you know so far about these aliens? I might be willing to help. Not out of the kindness of my heart, of course." She didn't bother softening up her words now that she was back as her normal cold self, and obviously she wasn't lying, because Lucia would be able to tell otherwise.

Thalia's motives for helping was...well, for training, or practice, you could say. She liked challenging herself, often fighting other metahumans she came across - both heroes and villains - to test her limits, improve her powers and combat ability. Even mental challenges, she welcomed, exercising her brain and putting her intelligence to use, solving problems and learning new things.

Lucia began having a irritated feeling, starting to lurch in the pit of her stomach, of course Thalia did't give her time to explain or answer so she decided to hear what Thalia had to say first and then would answer everything in a orderly fashion. But as her questions grew farther into Lucia's backstory she seemed a bit more colder. Once Thalia stopped talking and stopped asking questions Lucia answered them seriously but she seemed stable not like the people who would be depressed she seemed to be able to confront Thalia. "My friends are dead." she repeated her voice bitter and cold. "And how do I know? Well the blood on my shirt wasn't mine, it was my friends." she scoffed her eyes cold like ice.

"Also no--- I'm not a physic my species just have visions sometimes when we are like in a life or death situation." she replied easily looking outside the window momentarily before continuing to talk with Thalia, "What I do know about these aliens are that, they move in groups and if you kill one or hurt one then it'll call it's whole group coming to attack you, they also have many males but not many females, and I mean the males are easy to kill but the females are the strongest you need at least the AR-15 or something alone those lines to kill females, these aliens will eat humans and any kind of species as dinner, lunch, breakfast. They also start creating cocoons around them self after about a month after they were born and when they come out of their cocoon they have harder scales." she taught Thalia mostly about what she knew about the aliens.

"And that's about it, you can ask more questions to see if I know them." she answered, she let out a sarcastic laugh after hearing Thalia may help but not because of the kindness in her heart. "I thought so, not many people have those kind of kindness any where," she cackled quietly, she knew Thalia was telling the truth obviously but one thing Lucia hated about Thalia is, she treated Lucia's world and the death like games, which made her furious but Lucia maintained her temper clearly not showing it to anyone except herself.

"Now, I'll ask questions." Lucia began, "For your world, is there powers or aliens?" she asked without giving Thalia time to answer and moved on to the next, "Do you have powers yourself? Have you ever been to my side of the world?" she asked quiet interested.

As Lucia continued to explain about the aliens, Thalia fixed her gaze to a spot outside, staring through the window, although her eyes were unfocused, and she wasn't looking at anything in particular. She leaned back again on her chair, tapping her pointer finger gently on the surface of the table, repeatedly, with a steady beat. It was a habit of when she was deep in thought. Right now, she was trying to come up with a solution to the current crisis in Lucia's world, with all the information from the girl.

Thalia felt anger boil inside her once more when Lucia started to laugh sarcastically. She didn't care much for the context of the comment on her lack of kindness, but she felt as if the girl was mocking her in some way, which she didn't exactly appreciate. However, she remained calm, the only thing that could give her rage away being the way her gaze hardened, hardly noticeable. She didn't want to give the girl the satisfaction of riling her up.

As Lucia started to ask her questions, Thalia stayed silent and waited patiently for the girl to finish. She only chuckled quietly, wearing an amused smirk on her face as she shifted her eyes back to her companion. She knew she couldn't lie, but that didn't mean she had to say anything at all.
"Wouldn't you like to know?" she taunted once Lucia stopped talking. She wasn't worried about the inquiries. "Here, we do have metahumans, AKA people with powers. There are also aliens, but they mostly come in small numbers and are generally harmless, or manageable, if they do pose a threat. And yes, I have been to your side of the world, as I have implied earlier." Thalia didn't mind answering these ones, they were harmless, and public knowledge. Not the one about herself, however. She wasn't going to tell a stranger she had powers. Technically, Lucia could count as an acquaintance now, but the same point still stands. And luckily, ignoring it was an option. "As for your other question, I won't answer. Assume all you want, go ahead. I don't care, since you'll never know for sure anyway."

As Thalia said all this, she realised that Lucia had made a mistake in revealing her ability to sense dishonesty. By doing that, she gave her the advantage of knowing to avoid lying, which she would have done otherwise. She was glad for this, and another smirk came on her face as she smugly pointed this out to the girl. "You know, it would have worked out for you if you hadn't told me about your power. It was a yes or no question, whichever one I answered, you would have known the truth either way. Oops. Too bad for you." She chuckled again, shaking her head, and watched Lucia for a reaction. Although, truthfully, she wasn't really expecting one, since the girl seemed to have a firm control over her emotions as well, like herself. It was still satisfying to put that out, though.

Thalia's expression then became serious again.
"Let's get back to the important stuff now, shall we? Do they have any weaknesses? Fire, chemicals?"

Lucia stared into Thalia's eyes with no sense of fear or any sort, but as she saw Thalia's smirk, she doesn't have any sympathy unless it has anything to do with her, I guess. She probably isn't the one to show her emotions fully. she thought grudgingly as she wanted to take off Thalia's smug smirk off her face, but as soon as Lucia began being taunted by Thalia she remained calm she had been taught not to her riled up, not by anyone....But, still she hated being taunted, much more the way Thalia said it. "Meta-humans, ok. I've heard of them before, and I'm pretty sure we have some in my world too, yeah I guessed you would've been to my world at least once or something." she replied coolly, but as Thalia pointed out that she had revealed that she couldn't get the answer of the power because she told Thalia her power she blinked,

"So? I can assume by the way you talk and your way of confidence comes in from powers and if I begun attacking you it would show, right?" she mocked her, she wasn't going to let Thalia win this, or something where they get both of them riled up. As soon as Thalia's face began turning serious again she realized she was going to ask more questions to Lucia, which of course Lucia felt displeased about.

"And as for the aliens weaknesses, there is barely none all I can advice is rather shoot their eyes, or you have to shoot directly and I mean it directly on precision on their heart or else you won't be able to kill them but the guns used to kill them are very rare and very few and pricey even with all my money I can probably only buy just one, and that's it. As for other weakness to kill it or make it docile for just a few hours is maybe chlorine and I know that humans can't stand chlorine either but the aliens are the same so I'm guessing they need air or something to survive?" Lucia suggested as she grabbed another thing from her pocket, all the anger she just had for Thalia quickly slipping away like mist.

Lucia grabbed a small notepad and passed it to Thalia there was many things scribbled, notes, dates, information of all. "I'm giving this to you, because I trust you, but of course if you betray me and use that information for something else, I won't be afraid to find you. " she smiled, but her tone was so sweet it almost sounded creepy while she smiled and said this as Lucia handed Thalia the note the first few pages explained a brief behavior of the aliens they named the aliens White spike, it looked viscous and there was the count of how many females there was it was obvious that the females were more rare than the males by the amount of info on the females approximately there is 3 females on her world more than enough.

Other notes included camps, where-areas are and people, there was a huge note said in bold words 'FIND --------' but the rest of the thing was smudged or rather not finished in writing what exactly was Lucia trying to write? nether less before she could go further Lucia began asking a few simple questions.

"Sorry, 'bout more questions but first just wanted to get this straight, 1. how old are you? 2. Are you going to help me?" she asked those two question it was a more of a yes or no question which she really didn't care if Thalia lied if she did lie once more Lucia would leave and do this by herself even thought it meant risking her life and going back to her world, unarmed. Which is probably not the best idea Lucia has but she hated being lied to, or telling lies she would rather beat around the bush than tell a lie to get to the truth though if her friends were in trouble it would be a whole different situation.

Last edited:
"Maybe, maybe not," she said with a nonchalant tone in response to Lucia's mockery, tilting her head to the right and then to the left as she voiced each phrase, while pouting in a casual manner. She gave the girl a sarcastic innocent smile, holding back a roll of the eyes, now only more annoyed than furious. "There are many other things that can boost a person's ego. Beauty, wealth," she began listing off some examples, raising her eyebrows in emphasis. "Intellect, which would have been my guess if I were to judge myself from the way I'm speaking. But think whatever. Again, I don't care. Was just saying." She shrugged.

Thalia mentally noted the fact that the aliens were weak to chlorine. They could exploit that weakness, along with some of the behavior patterns Lucia had mentioned before.
"If they're annihilating your entire Earth won't the governments try to take action? I'm sure they could use their funding to mass produce these weapons you're talking about, or use their authority to force the manufacturers to do so and provide them to the military." She scoffed. However, she wasn't planning on using any of those weapons to fight against the White Spikes, because that would mean taking them one by one, which would take too long, even with her speed, and it would be tedious. It would be a stupid strategy. No, her plan was to use chlorine gas and lure them in, taking them in large groups, or maybe even all in one go, if that was possible. Swift and efficient.

Thalia took the notepad from Lucia and immediately started going through it, quite quickly, although not as fast as she would have liked. She was frustrated that she couldn't just speed read it as the girl was in her presence, as well as everyone else in the restaurant's. She could have been finished in a mere moment, and could have saved a lot of time.

Thalia ignored Lucia's threat, completely unnerved. She wasn't as triggered as she normally would have been, because she was still engrossed by the notes, carefully looking over the words on the papers and thoroughly absorbing all the information.

"24, yes," she truthfully answered Lucia's two questions shortly and almost immediately, not thinking much about it. She could understand the reason for the second one, but not really the first, but they were both harmless, so it didn't matter. As she reached the part with the camps, she noticed the incomplete bolded note. She stopped, and furrowed her eyebrows. She looked up at her companion across the table, turning the pad around so it was facing the girl, and pointed at said note. "What's this supposed to say?"

“Well I agree with you on the list of things that could make you arrogant but so far you don’t seem to be freaked out by the full topic of aliens and you seem to even have slight knowledge so this is just an assumption, but I’ll say that you have powers, and yes honestly I don’t care if I’m wrong or not.” Lucia pointed out to Thalia her conclusion of her thoughts on her,

When Thalia asked about the government Lucia couldn’t stop the grim smile creeping up her face, “Oh- The government tried Thalia, but you don’t understand how many aliens are currently on our planet do you? Currently we don’t have a president he’s dead. Yep- people just turn to barbarians. At this point we still have very few government people but they have no power. We used the guns they had but I forgot that White spikes eat metal. Disgusting.” she sighed, thinking how her world is currently mostly just an apocalypse and just wreck chaos. Lucia already had a few plans but she would need a few more people’s help which would be hard to look for because not many people want to risk their life saving an unknown planet, In any case she had to be quick.

As soon as Thalia speed read Lucia noticed this and she blinked she could tell the speed at which Thalia was reading wan’t normal, usually it would take at least 10 minutes to go over the whole notepad and understand the whole concept but Thalia was able to do it quickly than 10 minutes, it could either mean she is very intelligent and can understand concepts really well, or her power is super speed and somethings close to that.

Thalia seemed to ignore Lucia’s threat which totally was fine with Lucia herself since her threat usually didn’t take a toll on many people, surprisingly. Lucia looked outside of the window from the fast food place waiting for Thalia to start taking or she would have to start a conversation again, as she was deep in thought she heard Thalia answer her questions, currently Thalia was 24 years old, and she would help her, she grinned at Thalia and began “Thank you, Thalia. I know this is for some knowledge but I will need your cooperation, so— thanks for helping me. And you’re older than me, so I should use honorifics.” she joked and she quickly stood up putting enough money to pay for the whole food she just ate.

“Let’s go, I want to talk somewhere else where not many people are.” she suggested, since she knew it would be hard to talk about this especially in a restaurant, so Lucia got up and began walking toward the door and she tilted her head toward the door as if saying “are you coming?” and waiting for Thalia’s response.

Thalia didn't comment any further on Lucia's assumptions of her having powers. She had made her point, and as she had made clear, she didn't really care about the girl's opinions. Her companion then further elaborated on the situation on her world. She didn't react much to it. It made sense, and she imagined the world now to be in some sort of apocalyptic condition, like how it was portrayed in movies. No order, every man for themselves, merely fighting to stay alive. Deserted streets, wrecked buildings, people in hiding, with only a small group trying to find a solution to save everyone.

Thalia took note of what Lucia said about the aliens eating metal. They could take advantage of that, possibly, creating a weapon out of metal that could destroy the Spikes after they would be consumed. Maybe some type of explosive, filled with chlorine. As she continued to read through the notes, she also noted that they were a feral species, which was good, as it meant they were not much intelligent. They could make use of this somehow, though she currently still didn't have an exact idea. She also took in all the different types of White Spikes. So far, there was nothing that would hinder them from carrying out her chlorine gas plan, except for the fact that they had to prevent the aliens from escaping, trapping them in the area they would retaliate in. It was possible, if they got enough people to cooperate. As for the weapons, she figured if Lucia had a model of one she could take it apart and study its design, making more of it with resources she would have to find, and maybe adding her own improvements. And they could always just steal them. Plus the explosives, as mentioned earlier. And then, issue them to people so they could help.

Thalia didn't laugh at Lucia's joke. She wasn't one for them, rarely ever finding them funny. Even if she did, she never showed any reaction, finding it unnatural of herself to be doing so with strangers. She rarely ever made any herself, either. She had no friends, unless family counted, not that that was something that bothered her. The only person she really ever opened up with was her father. He was the only person she actually enjoyed being around. With a stony face, she replied,
"I would prefer if you just called me by my name." She knew the girl wasn't being serious, but she felt it was good to put it out there. Thalia also wasn't one for honorifics in a casual conversation, especially if they were directed at herself. It was a sign of respect, which you would think she would have appreciated, but being called Miss made her feel slightly old.

As Lucia got up to exit the restaurant, Thalia stood up and followed, taking the pad with her, of course, but leaving her now empty cup behind for someone to clean up. She understood why the girl wanted to talk somewhere more secluded, although she found it unnecessary since she thought people rarely ever intentionally paid attention to the conversations of others anyway. Still, it was safer this way, and she was glad to finally leave the fast food place. Before they began walking once more, she said,
"If the situation in your world is as bad as you make it out to be, we should stay here in my world for now, where it's safe, and plan things out. You seem to be getting better from the radiation, so you'll be fine. Now, somewhere quiet..." She trailed off for a moment, thinking of a place where they could speak privately. "We'll rent a hotel room. No need to worry about paying, I'll be doing that." She wasn't going to invite Lucia into her home.

Lucia guessed that Thalia wouldn’t laugh at her joke, even though it was more of a truth, than a joke she had never quite got human jokes now and then she would tell them to her peers or friends and they would always say ‘that’s a dad joke.’ or something. Lucia was raised practically by her neighbors more than her family so she could easily trust people who came from her world which she knew very well. Her family felt more distant but now. They were gone, so it didn't matter. “Haah— got it, Thalia.” she replied with ease, and shrugged a bit to herself. Sometimes even Lucia wondered what was going on in her own brain since it always seemed to be in jambles or ruckus by thoughts. Lucia would usually use honorifics for Thalia, since Thalia was a few years older than Lucia or to be precise she was 4 years older than Lucia which was neither a big or small age gap. But since Thalia asked NOT to be used on honorifics she respected her thoughts.

As soon as Thalia began following Lucia, Lucia kept mumbling which way to go since she wasn’t familiar with the paths, when Thalia began talking to her she wasn’t fully aware of what she said she turned around blinking “Uh- sorry, I couldn’t hear you. All I could hear was ‘now somewhere quiet.’ Do you mean somewhere I can stay?” she asked if that’s what Thalia meant, Lucia was too deep in thought to remember what Thalia had, “Oh- yeah. Is it alright if I have my notepad back, please?” she asked for it looking at Thalia, as she put her hood back on. It was quite noticeable that Lucia disliked being shown into public but she would be fine as long as she had a little bit of privacy.

There was also another reason why Lucia was so deep in thought when Thalia called to her, it was both because of : Where to go and— if her friends or possibly allies arrived here as well. This would be a good sign to them both but she still didn’t spit the thought out to Thalia, because she didn't want Thalia feeling uncomfortable trying to find other people, though she agreed to help Lucia, Lucia herself knew everyone had boundaries to what they can do. For example if some random stranger needed help like Lucia herself it would be less likely she would do it from the kindness of her heart and try to find the stranger's friends, so she decided to not have any say of this.

Lucia’s mind was also filled with her possibly and only friends alive. Ky. Perhaps he was alive, he was pretty offensive and strong even with Lucia’s powers she could never win against him, so it’s possible he got out of the fight and made another portal just in time, and left around the same time as Lucia, if he was. Lucia would do all the power she had to find him, her only possible friend and ally left in the world, which was unfamiliar to her, she then remembered the whole conversation what Thalia asked her and nodded “That would be nice. Thanks. But don’t do it if it causes too much trouble.” she replied briskly, “Y’know I can practically sleep anywhere so no need to rent anywhere.” she added. As a moment passed she remembered the question Thalia asked ‘what does this say?’

Of course her mind slipped she was just thinking of other things, what a clutz. Lucia thought to herself as she cursed herself for forgetting that answer she replied easily, “Oh- That’s supposed to say find Ky. But I guessed it got smudged.” she shrugged, giving nothing away about her friend just a simple answer.

"Yes, I meant somewhere you could stay, and somewhere we could talk," Thalia said, pursing her lips in irritation at Lucia's sudden absent-mindedness. The girl seemed to be thinking hard about something. She didn't know what was on her mind, but didn't ask. She repeated what she said earlier, making sure her companion was paying attention this time.

Thalia rolled her eyes when Lucia said she didn't have to rent any place if it was too much trouble.
"Yeah well, we need to find somewhere to discuss stuff, and I'm not letting you in my house. Unless you actually want to sleep in the streets," she replied, saying the last part sarcastically, and emphasising the 'want'. She curled her lips in disgust at the thought. She began walking in the direction of a hotel somewhere within that part of the city, expecting Lucia to follow. From what she knew, it wasn't the most luxurious, but it was certainly better than a cheap motel. And Thalia was no stingy person, she wasn't afraid to spend more money on things if it meant better quality and comfort.

When Lucia asked for her notes back, Thalia held it up in the air, preparing to give it to her, but not yet. The speedster opened her mouth to ask her again the question which the girl had seemed to ignore back at the restaurant, but before she could say anything, Lucia seemed to remember it and answered accordingly. Thalia hummed, choosing to believe her. Her companion seemed to be acting friendlier towards her now. Maybe because the girl had found out Thalia was older, or because she had agreed to help. She didn't linger on that for long. She extended the notepad back to its owner with her hand, waiting for her to take it. She looked back ahead, putting her hands inside the pockets of her jacket, and continued walking, with her usual quick pace.
"Your friend, I presume?" She was referring to Ky, whom Lucia had just mentioned. "He's dead too then." She assumed he was, because Lucia had stated that she had witnessed 'all' her friends die.

After Thalia repeated Lucia nodded, she looked kinda bashful as if embarrassed she didn't hear it earlier. “Got it, anywhere cheap’s fine.” she replied tonelessly, obviously she didn’t mind if Thalia bought a really cheap motel or something and Lucia, “Yeah and I place we could talk.” she agreed. As she started looking where she should head.

“Oh- yeah. I totally WANT to sleep on the streets.” she replied sarcastically, it proved that she didn’t want to sleep on the streets and would do what Thalia wanted “But living on the streets was my daily life, so—honestly it won’t be much different.” She chuckled at her own statement but it seemed she had no self-pity whatsoever, because she seemed totally fine with the topic of talking of how she lived and so on. Lucia continued following Thalia now, since she took the lead. As soon as she saw the motel, her first word was “Whoa.” this was probably because of how she lived. Even this motel looked fancy to Lucia, of course not extravagant, but still. In her eyes it looked fancy, more than any place she ever stayed.

When Lucia asked for her notes back, and Thalia raised it in the air she grumbled in her mind, what now? But as soon as she told the answer to the question, and Thalia gave it back reluctantly, she let a small smile on her face. She returned into her pocket but it looked like the notes were taken care of quite well. But as soon as Thalia presumed walking and guessed Ky was a friend and probably dead. Lucia froze a bit her eyes eyes beaming with fury. But she maintained it “Sorry for my mistake I did say ally my friends. But- Ky’s different he’s strong. And I know he’s not dead.” she sighed, she was both tired of arguing and both lonely, of course Thalia kept her company but she still missed her gang. Her friends, her family. “Let’s just go in, tomorrow I’ll start looking.” she told Thalia all anger faded from her tone and was replaced by grief as she remembered she couldn’t even say goodbye but she didn’t want to be one of those people who was all soggy and wishy-washy. She disliked that so she just decided to be quiet as they entered the motel only now and then answering anything people asked her.

As they reached the hotel, she looked to Lucia when she heard her amazed reaction. Judging from this and what she had just said before, the girl had been living a low-class life for some time, maybe even her whole life. She didn't seem too bothered by this fact, though. Thalia looked back to the bright building but frowned slightly at the thought. She could understand the girl not minding sleeping on the streets; it was what she was used to, after all. But surely she would have wanted a better life, no? Strived to achieve one? It wasn't that hard to get a job, unless you were disabled, which Lucia was not. She remembered the amount of money in the girl's wallet. It wasn't too bad. Did she steal them? Maybe she had just been exaggerating. Thalia sighed, shaking her head. She was overthinking, and these things weren't even important.

After returning the notepad, she continued walking, approaching the entrance. As they did so, she listened to Lucia as she told her about Ky's situation. She hadn't been looking at her, so she missed the fury in her eyes. She paid particular attention when the girl said her friend was strong. Did that mean he had powers? She didn't think about it much this time though. It was not very important at the moment, and she could find out if she ever got the chance to meet the guy. Which, if they were all going to work on saving the world together, was more than likely.
"Good for you, I guess," she shrugged, referring to how Ky was not dead.

They entered the lobby, and Thalia walked straight to one of the counters. Getting straight to the point, ignoring the warm smiles and welcomes from the receptionist, and rented a room. She took out some cash from her wallet, only paying for one night as she wasn't sure yet how long they were going to stay. Once she was done, she headed for the elevators, motioning for Lucia to follow. She pressed the 'up' button, and watched the floor count of the machine, fidgeting while she waited for the 'ding' that came when it would arrive.

Lucia honestly hated elevators they always made her think of how easily it could stop and the power could cut down. She had always been quite bad with cramped places, so she began counting 1 through 1000 or how long the elevator would make till the 'ding!' sound, her habit was to always count 1 through a high number whenever she was nervous or anxious or even afraid. Of course no one but Ky knows this. After a few more floor counts it finally let the sound ring, she sighed of relief. Hoping Thalia wouldn't catch that.

"Thanks. For all this, I mean I'm practically nobody to you, but.... I still want to thank you." she said gratefully, it was true nobody back at her world would do this, alright maybe they would for self interest and some things but Thalia helped giving her food guidance (Lucia paid though), but Thalia paid for the motel, "I know you believe me with all these aliens and things. But--- I know you might start thinking of things like 'is it even real?' So, I'll show you a graph image printer I shot of an alien." she replied she took out her watch that looked like a apple watch but slightly more high tech. Suddenly she pressed something and a transparent image of the White spike, it was humongous, ferocious, terrifying. "For your information. This is not a phone. It's just a little watch where I can take photos and make them holographs. And the only other thing I can do with this is hear the ra--" she paused her eyes widened, she quickly got a thought.

Radio. The most useful thing to talk with people in her world when there was barely any electricity and power going, still one of the few things that still was intact. "Thalia. I think I just found a way to find a few people." she smiled mischievously, as she began touching her watch more and beeping began on her watch. "Let's go to our room. I don;t want anyone else to here this." she whispered quietly, only for Thalia to hear. She began looking for a room with their room number.

As they got to the floor where their room was, she heard Lucia's sigh of relief. Either the girl had been impatient, like herself, or scared. Of elevators. The corners of Thalia's lips twitched slightly as she held back a snigger.

They got out of the lift. Thalia merely nodded and muttered a 'you're welcome' when Lucia thanked her. She appreciated the girl's gratefulness; it wasn't everyday she went out of her way to help someone out. In fact, that almost never happened. But for the most part, she wouldn't have cared much if het companion never did so, for she was only doing this for her own benefit anyway. She wasn't sure if Lucia realised that.

Thalia didn't have much reaction when Lucia pulled out her watch and displayed a 3D image of a White Spike out of light. She didn't really need the confirmation, she hadn't distrusted the girl. And besides, it wasn't the best way to confirm something as the image could have been created instead of taken; the only way to know for sure would be for her to see one herself, which she was sure she would sometime in the near future. It wasn't her first time seeing a hologram either. While not as common within the general populace, they did exist here in her world, usually only used by wealthy people or big companies. They were very expensive. Plus, she had seen more advanced technology during her trips to the future, or when her father took models of them home from his own journeys.

Suddenly, Lucia seemed to light up as she came up with an idea, doing something with her watch, and beginning to walk down the hallway in search of their room. Thalia was confused, wondering what the girl had discovered. And she hadn't finished her sentence either. Ra- what? Disregarding all her thoughts, she caught up to Lucia and began walking beside the girl again. Eventually they found the room with their number. Thalia unlocked the door with the card she had received from the receptionist earlier downstairs. It made a 'beep' sound and she pushed down the handle, opening it and entering. She looked around briefly at the place. It wasn't too spacious, but not too small either. There was only one bed, but that didn't matter, because she was not planning on sleeping here. Thalia looked back to Lucia expectantly after the girl went in after her, waiting for an explanation.

Of course Lucia noticed Thalia did this for her self gain but she didn't care at least Thalia's self gain was helping Lucia in some way. When Lucia showed the image of the White spike as a hologram and saw Thalia's reaction she could tell Thalia had seen holograms before and this kind of tech but the question was where did she see the hologram before? Well in any case that wasn't the most important thought so Lucia dismissed it away quickly,

Thanks to Thalia when the door opened Lucia immediately put her watch on the ground staying silent she whispered to Thalia about how radios work anywhere in the world and this watch functions universally so her world radio should be connected as well if she tried to connect with it, and if there was a voice of report or news then people would still be alive in her world, at first everything was static even after 5 minutes, still static. Lucia's hands began trembling of fear there would be no more people in her world and that there was no hope of going back. As she was about to put her watch back on her wrist suddenly a loud screeching sound came from the radio. It was quite painful to hear Lucia covered her ears the sound petrifying it must even hurt Thalia's ear drums anyone could probably hear this.

Suddenly a loud shouting came from the radio "Camp 2223, active. Right now we have lost at least 12 people to the white spikes. Anyone who is there copy, copy. This is general William Perez. Please give us information if you are alive." the radio kept repeating, in a static voice but this was definitely another human on the other side of the radio who was alive and talking from Lucia's world to Thalia's world.

"Here, Lucia Silius speaking. I am alive, I am here on the different world." she chocked out, she was relieved someone was alive, and the man said that the camp was active meaning there was definitely at least 40 people still alive. she turned to Thalia and told her "Should I tell him about you?" she asked quietly, still waiting for the general's response.

Thalia sat down on the chair by the small working table of the hotel room. "That's good. We might need a little help," she said, nodding at Lucia's explanation. She hadn't told the girl about her plan yet, but she was going to after this. They waited for a response from the radio, but even after a couple of minutes, there was nothing, only the constant, irritating, scratchy sound of static. She started to tap her pointer and middle finger on the glass surface of the desk, again, as a habit, while she continued to wait impatiently, and restlessly, though not saying another word. She noticed the wait made her companion nervous, from the visible shaking of her hands. It was understandable, since not knowing whether or not there was anything left to salvage in your homeworld would make anyone normal feel the same way. Suddenly, a loud piercing screech came through, filling the room. That must be one of the aliens, she thought. Thalia winced, having not expected this, and instinctively brought her fingers up to her ears, massaging them to ease the pain.

Thalia nodded a yes in response to Lucia's question to her. No harm done in doing so. She stayed silent while she listened to the conversation between Lucia and the General.

Lucia nodded as well when Thalia nodded and waited for the general to start speaking again, after a while another broadcast came, "Lucia Silius tell us your status, and your camp number." the general demanded after a while Lucia paused for a second before replying. "General William Perez, my camp number is 7485. My status is alive and well, currently I have found a ally to help us her name is Thalia Thawne she is here right now and this moment. If possible can you tell me what is my camp condition?" she asked for some knowledge in exchange in giving some information.

After a long minute the general responded again but in a less strict voice, "Lucia Silius your camp 7485 is annihilated.... I'm sorry." the general reponded Lucia looked down not responding, the general continued on this time he moved the question to Thalia, he asked her question to, "Thalia Thawne if you would like to help us first tell us your name, and abilities of course you don't have to tell us everything but simple things like can you use a gun, knifes?" the general asked Thalia again there was a small wiring sound which would hurt your ears, before Thalia could respond Lucia asked if someone named Ky walker died or his body was found. But after a long pause the general didn't respond to her question.

Thalia opened her mouth to answer the General but was interrupted by Lucia asking about her friend. After a few long moments, the man still had not said a word in response. They probably did not know what happened to Ky, or he was dead and didn't want to tell the girl out of pity. Thalia decided to break the useless and time wasting silence. "General Perez, my name is Thalia Thawne, obviously," she chuckled as she said this, thinking the question was stupid since he had already been informed of her name. She proceeded to the next part of the question. "I have basic training in handling weapons, guns and knives included. Fairly decent combat skill as well." She left out the part on her speedster powers, of course.

Lucia bit her lip she knew what the worst meant she just crumbled the side of her pocket in her fist, the general once made a static voice and there was a slight chuckle perhaps he was amused by the way Thalia told her name again, "Thank you Thalia Thawne, now we have a bit of information, as for now Lucia Silius is probably unstable at the moment so I may have to ask for you to tell me what you know of portals since Lucia is not stable." he informaed Thalia, and wanted to know a bit more of their situation, "Ah- of course you can ask me a few questions as well, a win win, right? But confidential information will not be leaked." He pointed out to Thalia suggesting she could know more about Lucia's world since she was going to cooperate, Lucia just started at her watch listening to each word the general had to say, she felt only grief and she was pretty frustrated by Mr.Perez's mean way to say she was sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back