• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

superperr

Thalia nodded at the Jitters employee and picked up her cup of coffee. She walked over to a table by the windows and took a seat. As she sipped her drink, she looked over to the television that hung on the corner of the shop - near the ceiling between two adjacent walls - which was playing the news. Around her, nobody else was paying attention to the screen, too caught up in their conversations or whatever was on their devices to bother doing so. She read the headline and listened to the reporter as they explained what was happening, though it was slightly difficult to hear over all the chatter and the music playing on the loudspeakers. Not to mention the TV was being put on low volume.

The headline read 'Portals To Another Universe Open Up Around The World'.

Over the past month portals had been opening up in random places and on random times. They would appear somewhere for several seconds and then disappear. This was a strange phenomenon. These portals were usually made by speedsters like herself, or other metahumans with the power to do so, but sometimes there was nobody around these new ones. It was possible that there was someone that could do this at a distance, just to mess with the people, but she thought that was unlikely. This had to be something else. She had a feeling it was.

Curious, Thalia had gone through one of the portals and visited the other side a couple of weeks earlier. She had expected it to be just like any other version of Earth she had been to before - similar to her own world, just with a few differences - but she had been wrong. The place she had ended up in was certainly not Central City, and after doing some research in that world, she found out that the city did not exist there. It was the same with Gotham, Metropolis, and many others. Heroes like Superman and Batman were replaced by a team called the Avengers. That was no ordinary universe.

After that, she had gone through the portals several more times, and each time it was the same. She was planning on visiting again later that day as well, for she was curious and wanted to learn more.

Outside of Thalia's window a portal opened and seconds later a girl, probably around the same age as Thalia. She dragged herself out of the portal she looked exhausted and tired her whole face written out 'Don't touch me.' her clothing was messy. Covered with both blood and dirt, once sh got out she touched the portal with her hand and it shrunk and soon disappeared.

Lucia wondered where she was just a while ago a monster attacked the Avengers and she herself was a civilian of course not a normal human civilian but after a while of the fight, a portal appeared of course Lucia wondered where this went and walked through it. But she made a grave mistake she thought it would lead to her same world. But no; this was nit the world in where she lived in. Lucia remembered news where they talked about world wide phenomenons where portals opening up and leading to a new place, but she never thought it would be this far away from her home.

Lucia dragged her feet but she soon collapsed. She felt immense pain all around her body the radiation from the portal wouldn't hurt humans but it would hurt her own species. She closed her eyes and soon spotted Thalia in the coffee shop, she mouthed out the words 'please...... help.... me....'

Suddenly, a portal opened outside the window she was sitting by, and a young woman covered in blood and dirt came through. She had obviously been through some chaos just moments earlier. Thalia was slightly surprised. From what she knew, this was the first time that someone from the other world came over to theirs. It was the first she had witnessed, at least.

She looked around the place briefly. Some people had noticed, now telling their companions about it, pointing to the scene. So had the passerbys outside. It wasn't long before everyone became aware of what had just happened.

Thalia looked back to the messy stranger, who was now collapsed on the ground. She then realised the girl had been looking at her. She read her lips, noting that she was asking for help. Thalia didn't act immediately, merely raising an eyebrow at her, studying her appearance. She looked so feeble and exhausted, but there were no visible wounds on her figure that would render her that weak. She couldn't point out what was wrong.

What an interesting person, and to be the first visitor too, she thought. She wondered what had been happening on the other side.

Thalia debated going out to help the girl like she had asked. Did she know anything about the strange phenomenons? Probably not. If she couldn't figure it out, she doubted anyone else could. But what if she was the one causing them in the first place? She hadn't considered the possibility that it was someone from the other side that was doing this, and she mentally cursed herself for that. Nonetheless, she decided to stay in the coffee shop, continuing to watch from her spot with her drink as the people gathered around the fallen body. She still doubted this frail girl knew anything, with the confused expression on her face, and she wasn't going to waste her time and energy on this.

Lucia was nearly unconscious, her eye half open covered with blood making her sight blurred, Lucia coursed under her breath as she realized she was attracting attention to the passerby's, she used her strength both left in her arms and legs to get up, she glanced at back where the portal was once more. She glanced around to see photos taken about her she gritted her teeth, she covered her face with her hood and began running weakly to the back alley way through the coffee shop.

Lucia looked back to where the people gathered, 'was this the first time someone passed through the portal?' she asked herself in her thoughts running a bit slower than before now,

Lucia finally slumped beside a wall, and sat down looking at her blood and dirty appearance. 'I couldn't possibly the only one who passed through the portal.... I mean how? Other's passed through them too. So where did they go? ' she thought silently watching to see if any one was going to come for her, she made sure she wouldn't fall asleep. 'I'll have some time. I should rest now, and figure it out later.' she compromised with herself, taking off her hood.

As the crowd began to disperse, the wall of humans around the visitor began to thin, leaving gaps that allowed her to view the spot where Lucia's body had been again. But she was gone, no longer there. People began to file back in the shop, and Thalia stood up, exiting the place with her cup of coffee still in hand. Might as well get going, with nothing of interest left here, she thought.

However, as she passed the alleyway beside the Jitters building, she heard slight whimpers coming from it. She turned to gaze around the alley, and not too far in was the girl from the other world, slumped on the ground, barely awake. Thalia sighed. Well, since she was here, might as well talk to her. She had no other plans for this time of the day, anyway.

She approached Lucia, squatting down in front of her.
"Well, hello there." She glanced at her dirty surroundings, frowning, disgusted. She wished they could talk in a cleaner place, but she wasn't about to drag the girl all the way, nor was she about to reveal her powers to the still conscious stranger, so she didn't really have a choice. She looked at Lucia again. First, she would have to nurse her back to health. The girl wouldn't be able to hold a proper conversation in this condition. "Now, if you can speak properly, mind telling me what the problem is with yourself?"

Lucia grumbled waking up a bit as she saw Thalia's figure, she blinked for a second and nothing more before letting out a breath of exhaustion, "Hello." she replied to Thalia, Lucia had seen Thalia in a vision a very short one and it led her here she needed help. Her world was getting wrecked badly, but she needed people to help and he best luck was Thalia, but after what Thalia had said it made her mind snap a bit.

"Problem?" she spat angry and exhausted, "Oh well I'm sorry but my worlds getting wrecked, and I'm suppose to be calm." she growled a bit she seemed very tired but it seemed she still had her own conscious to talk and read the basics, she groaned touching her forehead and she looked as if she was in pain, as her disheveled hair lined up on her face while her dirty, worn clothing were battered

Thalia's face twitched ever so slightly, angry at being snapped at, but she breathed once and managed to keep her expression impassive, her voice calm when she spoke again. "I'm trying to help you. Worrying won't help anyone, so forget about your world for a moment and tell me what's wrong. Your body's weak but you don't have any serious injuries from what I can see." Maybe she didn't even know, she thought. And what was going on in her world? The last time she visited, everything was perfectly fine. She waited for Lucia to answer her, growing impatient and annoyed at her uncooperativeness, as well as her ungratefulness for her...kindness, even though it wasn't genuine. She could have just left her here to die if that was what she wanted. Still, she didn't show an ounce of emotion in her demeanor.

Lucia sighed pulling herself to keep calm, and faced Thalia her eyes closed, "Thank you, I apologize for my rude behavior just now." Lucia apologized to Thalia and continued on, "I'm in a weak state well because..... I'm not gravely injured but the radiation on this world is very 34.5745 SI different from mine so when I passed through the portal it affected me quite a lot and my body became quite weak," she informed Thalia, she looked at Thalia,

"My world well- it's being destroyed, right now. Many people already passed through the portal..... did they not arrive here.....?" her voice shook as if she was asking a gravely important question. Of course Lucia didn't want to ask this stranger for help but this was the only, Lucia herself saw Thalia in a very short vision meaning she had to meet her but she still didn't trust Thalia/

"Maybe, but I wasn't around to see it," she replied truthfully. In person, she hadn't seen anyone pass through the portal, but that didn't mean it didn't happen. It could have even been reported in the news - maybe even on the Jitters television earlier, only that she had missed the part - but she rarely ever kept up with it deliberately.

Thalia nodded at Lucia's explanation. She believed the girl; there was no reason for her to lie. But she must have been extremely sensitive to radiation for some reason because such a small amount of it wouldn't be enough to affect a regular human this much. She stood up.
"If all the people from your world are as sensitive as you, then they would all be sick and dying as well if they did come here," she said, vaguely hinting that she knew Lucia wasn't entirely normal. "We have to get you back, before your symptoms get worse."

Unfortunately, that meant they would have to find a portal somewhere nearby, which was easier said than done. Of course, she could always just quickly scout the area or make one using her powers, but that was out of the question. They would have to do this the old fashioned way. She turned to Lucia again. "Can you walk? We need to look for a portal."

Lucia shook her head "Not all people are as sensitive as me." she replied, trying to get up. Lucia honestly wanted to believe in something to trust in she had felt too much betrayal back at home, she weakly got up leaning against the wall a little. "And I have an answer why perhaps you didn't see any of my people, they could've perhaps been sent somewhere even farther than here or,... we might be in the wrong location." she concluded.

Lucia knew that it would be hard to find a portal even more to even get through it without an argument with anyone, as Thalia asked Lucia if she could walked she nodded and answered. "I can walk, and I agree. But I highly guess that portals won't appear for another month or so considering ow my world rarely sends people unless it needs help. But me coming here was my own will."

She said starting to walk ahead and looked back to Thalia, blood and dirt still covered her as much to her displease, "Are you coming?" she asked putting on her hood once more to cover her face from being seen or perhaps being spotted by passerbys she met just a while ago, on the middle of the road.

Thalia nodded once and caught up to Lucia. They walked side by side on the sidewalks, though she made sure to put some distance between them as they did, not wanting to be touching a stranger, and much less a dirty one. Lucia's clothes still had blood on them, inconveniently earning the pair odd looks from people who had noticed. Nevertheless, they kept going, looking around for a breach. Thalia's steps were fast paced, but she made sure her companion was keeping up. Truthfully, she didn't think they would be able to come across one on time, but since Lucia was able to walk and talk just fine, she figured it wouldn't really matter if the girl were to suddenly drop dead due to the radiation. It wasn't really her fault, and she could use the time while they were going around the town to converse, so she didn't care.

"Don't the portals open up on their own in your world? How did you get here then?" she asked, regarding Lucia's statement on her world sending people to other worlds.

As Thalia asked her question Lucia kept her eyes glued ahead to avoid anything to distract anything from losing her concentration as it took a lot of strength not to go to sleep or collapse and of course she also avoided and didn't care for the the odd looks people gave her. She already received that enough in her world so it wouldn't be much of a change, "In my world, there is more advanced technology. As we started using resources from our planet to use it for advanced power and energy. We used these tiny stones filled with energy called, petroleum. We then figured out to use portals using enough radiation and those stones but we could only open a few every month or the worlds resources would be lost easily." she explained showing her a tiny stone pretty ordinary looking. "This looks ordinary but when I put it next an electronic." She continued and then she used her stone to touch her own apple watch or something close to that on her wrist, the tiny stone began glowing.

"Kind of like magic." she added, stiffing a snort and she put her tiny rock away.

Thalia watched Lucia's short demonstration, and hummed. Interesting. Her world hadn't discovered something of the sort yet, during this time, but it seemed a simple enough technology. Was that why the portals had started opening? Because Lucia's world had discovered this new method recently? She still didn't think so, there were more than just a few opening in the past month. But if it was something else, wouldn't the girl have noticed that some portals were opening randomly, and not because of the stones? The breaches always seemed to lead to her world. She shook that thought away for now. She was still confused about one more thing. "So if the stone brought you here, can't it just open another portal and bring you back again?" Or had the fuel run out? But the stone had still glowed from the watch earlier. Was Lucia lying to her? Thalia felt slightly frustrated, hating not knowing these things.

Lucia looked at her stone she was telling Thalia truthfully, "Like I said this world has a different radiation of 34.5745 SI. So we can create this glow with just a bit of power but... We won't be able to create a portal strong enough to send me back, the glow was the most this stone could do." Lucia sighed, frustrated she couldn't return home. Still why was the radiation so different and why didn't the stones work here? Usually if she went to travel on a different world the stones would work. But for some reason in this world something seemed to be interfering the communication with the stones, and her home planet and it was still not strong enough to carry her home.

"Oh- I forgot to ask for your name. Mine's Lucia." she introduced herself looking at Thalia but still was walking.

"Thalia," she introduced herself as well simply, although distractedly, as she was thinking about something. If lack of radiation was the only thing keeping Lucia from opening a portal with the stone, then the problem could be solved easily, wouldn't it? Exactly how much radiation was needed? They could just gather a group of radioactive items, which wasn't hard to do nowadays with all the electronic devices, and use them to activate the stone's capabilities. Thalia continued to look ahead, focusing on the road, but asked Lucia once more. "What's the radiation level on your world then? How much do we need to open a portal?"

Lucia nodded as Thalia introduced herself shortly, and quickly. It came to her mind so many times why the vision sent her the image of Thalia; a random stranger, she quickly shook the thought away but as she heard Thalia talking to her she blinked a little her mind was a little bit more relaxed as she slowly got used to this worlds radiation and her strength began building up again.

"My world's radiation is around 34.567 IS but I don't know the exact number, and we need a lot to open portals, I mean we still haven't learned the full capacity of what portals can and can't do. The stones have a limit to how much they can produce and the only one I have is this one.... I'm sorry to drag you into this. You can leave right now if you want, and pretend you never saw me." Lucia announced seriously she was giving Thalia a choice if she wanted to stay with her or leave Lucia behind and pretend all this information or stones never happened.

Thalia considered her offer for a moment but quickly decided against it. She still had a few questions to ask the girl, such as why the radiation was affecting her so much. The concept of the stones were interesting as well. So she shook her head in response, faking a smile at Lucia. "No, no, it's fine. I'm not really busy today anyways." It was true, her only plan for the day had been to visit the other Earth, and she could do that with Lucia if they managed to find a portal after all. Or she could just do it later; the day had just started. Maybe even the following day. The point was, she had plenty of time. As for the matter of creating a breach, she decided to forget about it, with all the obstacles preventing them from doing so. It would be difficult to obtain petroleum or significant sources of radiation as a regular citizen.

They walked around in silence for several minutes, before Thalia spoke up again.
"Well, since we don't really have much else to talk about, mind if I ask why the radiation affects you so much? I'm sure such sensitivity isn't normal," she asked, once again, trying to sound casual. She felt as if she was asking too many questions in a short period of time, and to the same person too, but she was a naturally curious person.

Lucia seemed to relax as Thalia refused her offer, and nodded "Thanks." she was naturally happy that someone was here to hear her out, but of course Lucia mind had thought this more than once why Thalia was interested so much in portals, stones, and radiations. but of course she shouldn't get to nosy about this stuff so she shut her mouth just in case as soon as Thalia asked her the 'sensitivity' question, Lucia tensed up if she responded to awkwardly she would surely make it an inconvenience for the both of them, so she would have to tell Thalia slowly that she wasn't a regular human but of course she had human appearances.

"Thalia, I can respond to your question, it's easy; I'm not a regular human species." she responded calmly she knew she could either get 2 reactions, 1. Thalia getting disgusted trying to leave, (she already knew this by experience this happening to one of her friends when she told them) 2. Thalia reacting it with it ok. Those were the two reactions, Lucia could see what kind of person Thalia was by this, if she could trust her or not.

Thalia was not overly surprised, so she merely raised her eyebrows at this. "Really?" Lucia looked human enough, but this was also unsurprising. Many non-human species appeared like humans. For example, the alien species, the Kryptonians. Martians had the ability to make themselves look human if they wished. And others as well. Even most metahumans, like herself - whom she would classify as not entirely human (a subspecies, if you may) - looked like humans, although most of them technically were one once. She wondered if Lucia's species had any extraordinary powers or certain skillsets. Maybe she just meant she was just another metahuman. "What species are you then?"

As soon as Lucia said that she quieted down quite a bit but she still kept her eyes ahead, of course she knew why Thalia questioned her and asked her if it was true, 'I know I look so much like human, anyone would think I'm human at first glance we do the same diet and stuff too....' she mumbled in her mind; and would never dare to say this out loud as soon Thalia asked what species Lucia was in she froze for a moment in her mind remembering her parents, her siblings, she looked down, stopping. Her species..... Were already destroyed she was nearly one of the survivors of her race.

“I would prefer not to talk about that…..“ she mumbled avoiding the topic to talk about it.

When Thalia glanced at Lucia, she noticed the girl's sudden discomfort. She nodded in understanding when she said she would rather not talk about it. There must have been some bad memories associated with her species, and thus made them a touchy subject for the girl. As much as this only rose her interest and made her want to know more, Thalia knew that pushing would likely achieve nothing and only possibly rile up her companion, so she didn't keep asking.

They kept walking and walking, and she felt as if they had been going around in circles - which isn't necessarily such a bad thing in this case, for a portal may have opened up at a place after they had passed by it - but that had only been a feeling. She had been taking note of their whereabouts as they went, and they haven't passed by the same place more than once.

Thalia sipped her coffee - which she still had been holding the cup all this time - which was half empty by now. She decided to turn to small talk, something she rarely did if just for the sake of it, but she could learn more about Lucia with it.
"So, Lucia, you have a last name?"

Lucia; glad by not having anymore questions related to her species of course, she could talk about it. But she doubted that Thalia even knew her species, her species were so little and little known that barely any people knew, perhaps if you were a good professor in species you would know but ordinary people would think it was made up. As Thalia sipped her coffee Lucia noticed a rumble from her stomach, she quickly ignored it. Embarrassed. Lucia noted where she was headed not anywhere in particular but she knew she had to get out of this busy city or else she would feel crowded and many eyes would be watching what they were doing. Which would bring probably both of them uncomfortable. After a second after Thalia asked for Lucia’s last name she nodded.

”I do, my full name is Lucia Silius.” she responded— much more relaxed than the topic about her species, she quickly added, “My last name is not suppose to be common. It’s quite weird if I have to say.” She let out a breathy laugh, as her hunger in her stomach grew bigger she hoped Thalia didn’t notice this, she didn’t want hunger to get in the way of their talk or investigation.

Lucia glanced at Thalia and asked her this time to know more information, “Are you from here? And do you— have a last name?” She asked the same questions Thalia asked her, but she skipped the question of species. Quiets usual of herself to avoid topics she disliked.

Over all the noise in the busy streets, Thalia didn't hear the sound of Lucia's empty stomach softly rumbling. Silius was a funny name, she thought. It sounded silly, and it sounded like silly. She almost snorted at this thought, but luckily caught herself before that happened. "My last name's Thawne. Also quite uncommon, I would say," she answered Lucia's question, and shrugged. "And yes, I'm from here, of course. I assume you don't know where 'here' is? Central City doesn't exist in your world, apparently."

Thalia wondered if there was a version of Lucia Silius in this universe. Considering the huge difference between the girl's home world and herself's, she thought it was unlikely. She had managed to meet some alternate Thalia Thawnes across the multiverse, although some existed during different time periods. They had been interesting encounters, and she was glad they were not so different than herself. She wondered again if there was a Thalia Thawne in Lucia's world. Once again, probably not.

Lucia kept nodding as she heard Thalia speaking "Yes, there's nothing called central city." she agreed, blinking she put her hood back on looking like a normal average high schooler, Lucia momentarily began thinking that if Thalia's last name was uncommon she could be a part of a different race a mix perhaps- but that is only IF she is a different species of course Lucia almost let her tongue slip by asking this but she created great effort not to ask, before long her stomach felt weak and empty she sighed and asked Thalia bashfully.

"Um... Is there anywhere I can eat around here? I mean I have money but I don't know anywhere." she mumbled glancing away as she stuck her hand into her pocket as she fumbled with a paper dollar that was inside her pocket she didn't bring much money to this world, not enough. But she brought enough to buy a food worth of 2 weeks, which should be enough in her case if she saved and rationed. "Sorry. I'm just hungry my stomach completely empty after feeling tired." she explained without any further explanation, quite simple.

Thalia stopped walking and briefly scanned her surroundings, and then looked at Lucia. She glanced at the dollar bill in the girl's hands. That wasn't going to be enough to buy a whole meal, but they could still get something. Plus, she wouldn't mind lending some of her own money. Finances were never a problem for the speedster. She had a well-paying job, and if she ever needed any amount of extra cash...well, she had no qualms with committing theft.

"There's a fast food place nearby," she replied, gesturing with her head to the direction she then started walking again towards, beckoning Lucia to follow. "Come on."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back