• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"The portals have been opening randomly for the past few months. I've been working on figuring this out but I still can't pinpoint exactly what the cause is for it. Lucia here has told me that your people have recently discovered some tech that allows you to make breaches, though, so it might be that," Thalia replied again to the General. She had noticed her companion's upset state, which was understandable given that her best friend was presumed dead, so she decided to take over the conversation with the man for now. Give the girl time to grieve first so she could calm down and think clearly again. "The two of you were talking about camps. I'm assuming these are shelters for people? How's your situation with the Spikes right now?"

After another moment the general responded again "Portals ---- have you noticed not every one of those portals belong to us?" he asked her, just confirmation "There's been more portals over there than we expected and I fear.... that the aliens have opened some portals as well...." he added his voice shook with anxiousness telling how nervous he was, Lucia kept listening this would make sense why there was more portals than she expected, did aliens invade this world as well? That would be bad. Lucia's eyes widened every time at this thought, general Perez continued on, "Thalia Thawne, Lucia Silius, your job is to see if aliens have actually infiltrate that world, and report back to us, once we find that out we will make you come here and send some us over there to kill the smaller group of white spikes." he pointed out.

Once again when Thalia asked about the camp, the general responded quickly, "Yes, camps are shelter for people and usually consists 40 people at the max. The situation with white spikes isn't so bad but I wish it was better, currently I have some in my camp so I must leave- I'm sorry, I'm signing off." general Perez said in a rushed tone, and the radio began being static again. Lucia took her watch and attacked it to her own wrist.

Thalia frowned at this new piece of information. It was a valid explanation for the portals. She hadn't seen any of the White Spikes on her world yet, so it wasn't definite yet, but they could be hiding somewhere. And if so, that would be very...unfortunate. While she didn't exactly care for all the people, she still wasn't exactly keen on having her world annihilated like Lucia's. She liked the sense of normalcy they helped bring, and the somewhat orderliness and peace. The aliens coming here could destroy that. She hoped they could get this under control soon, however, before the crowd became bigger. Assuming there was only a small group of Spikes currently, they could handle this. And if not them, then maybe some hero group like the JLA or Titans. They were there for a purpose, and good for something, at least.

As their conversation with the General ended, Thalia stood up and looked to Lucia.
"Sorry about your friend Ky." While she didn't exactly care for the girl or her friend, her intentions with saying this weren't entirely ungenuine. She knew it would be hard to lose someone close to you, and a part of her did sincerely hope her words would comfort her companion. A bit out of character for herself, but she was not completely unempathic, and felt bad for Lucia given all the girl had lost in just a small amount of time. "Now you heard the General. We should start looking for the Spikes if they did indeed come here. I'll give you time to wash up first though." She gestured to the bathroom, and then checked her watch, which was now displaying the noon hour. "In the meantime, I'm going to get lunch. You just ate so I'm assuming you're not hungry." She looked back up again. "You should get a new set of clothes too."

When Thalia gave a few words of comfort Lucia only nodded her eyes were red, but no tears were on her face "Thanks." she replied back letting out a breath to stay calm, "Yeah we should start looking for white spikes. Thanks I should be ready in about 30 minutes," she responded getting up quickly, and hurrying into the bathroom to get changed as she heard Thalia say she was going to get lunch, that was completely ok with Lucia, she just wanted to have a bit of time to herself before she would break down. But she knew it wasn't the time to cry out her eyes over her dead friends and family, because she knew there could be possible white spikes and this world itself could be in danger as well. She quickly got in the shower, and changed enough time passed and it was already 30 minutes like she promised, she waited till Thalia came back to talk to her about the plan on how to deal with the white spikes or how to kill them. It would be a difficult task but once they could thousands of lives could be saved which is better than the whole community getting annihilated in any case she sat on the edge of the bed mumbling ideas for destroying white spikes while waiting for Thalia to come back from eating. But in the meantime as well she continued trying to get a hold of any kind of information leading to finding aliens on this world in the end she only found a new article about a white unknown thing moving in south Africa which was nothing very impressive but it could be a white spike and that could be a good step to lead in finding it.

"I'll be back soon." Thalia exited the room, going back down to the lobby and out of the building. She walked down the street, into a deserted alleyway, and, after making sure nobody was around to watch, she took off at Mach speed, though she didn't change into her friction-resistant suit since she still wasn't going that fast or anywhere near her full speed anyway, feeling it would be too bothersome. Red lightning trailed her as she headed to the same fast food restaurant she and Lucia had been in earlier. She snatched a few of the ready made burgers from the kitchen. A lot for one meal, but it was necessary and normal for a speedster like herself, since they had enhanced metabolism. She sped through the roads for a while as she consumed her food, instead of heading straight back to the hotel so as to not raise any suspicions from Lucia on how she managed to travel so quickly.

Once she was back, only one partially eaten burger left now, Thalia nodded seeing the girl had already finished showering.
"Well, before we get going, I think I should tell you my ideas on how to terminate the aliens first. Just so you know before we get to your world." She explained and summarized her entire plan to Lucia. The chlorine, intentionally attacking the Spikes to lure them in, recruiting people from the camps, and using the weapons to kill the ones that escaped. "...and that's it. You got any thoughts, just tell me, although in my opinion there doesn't seem to be a problem with the plan. We can get to work on it after we're done with the situation in my world. Speaking of, did you find anything on the White Spikes here?" she asked, having noticed the article Lucia was reading, and gestured to it.

Last edited:
Lucia nodded as she agreed with mostly of what Thalia had to say, "Yes, that sounds good so far, but chlorine won't kill the females. We need a more stronger toxin for her. But the rest of the chlorine will probably weaken the males, such an idea was had before but a lot of people died for the white spikes as well, so we have to be very ready this time . And for your information, yes. I have found something on white spikes, on your planet, just pray that there isn't more than 10..... Or else it starts getting worse." she shuddered as a shiver was sent from her neck down, he quickly tapped her watch again and enlarged the picture with a white substance moving but it was very grainy, Lucia cursed beneath her breath "If only I had my equipment in my camp.... I could instantly reduced the grainage of this dumb photo." she mumbled. As she kept sliding her watch side to side touching little blue lights that flickered up on the screen now and then she sighed,

"Ugh.... Thalia if we actually want to confirm if the white spikes came to your world we;re going to have to travel to Africa, and I don't want you to spend so much money because this image could be of a....... zebra....? Since they have white pigmented skin like this on their stomach as well...." she motioned with her hand to show a picture of a zebra;s stomach which looked weirdly similar to the White spike's skin color, "What do you want to do? First we'll have to send me back and call for back up if this is an actual white spike.... or--- do you want to go there just us two...?" she asked Thalia she was giving two choices but this was IF there was a few white spikes on Thalia's world. She waited for answer still trying to fix the image from being so grainy, it wa hard to tell if it was a zebra or a white spike, which is ridiculous because if it was a white spike the zebra would be eaten, Lucia chuckled inwardly at this thought, dark humor. She thought.

"Ah. Well, that's inconvenient, but it won't be too much of a problem. Assuming they reproduce sexually, once we wipe out all the males, no more will come. We can worry about the females later," Thalia said in response to Lucua's comment on her plan.

On to the issue of the aliens being on her planet. Thalia squinted at the grainy image on the girl's watch. It was so low-quality that the shape of the creature was undistinguishable, it could be anything, really. Like a zebra, for example, like Lucia had pointed out. The only thing that was for sure was that it had a white color. Who knew if it was even a living thing at all? Thalia heaved a sigh as her companion mentioned the picture was taken in Africa, walking over to the chair she had sat on earlier, taking a seat on it once more. She bit her lip as she thought over what to do. Her companion was right. Travelling all the way to Africa in search of one White Spike that might not even be there, and doing so from basing their lead on some unclear photograph from the some article off the internet that could well be a hoax, would take hours, days, even, if they did so in the normal human way, and would frankly, be a waste of time. The risk of not finding anything at all was not worth it. There was an alternative, of course. She could create something similar to the equipment Lucia had just mentioned was in her camp, to increase the quality of the image. But doing so would require quite some time as well. No matter how brilliant someone was, it was not like they could automatically come up with a gadget's design right away whenever it was needed.

Unless, she had something to go off of...
"The device you were talking about, the one you said could reduce the grainage of the photo? Do you know anything about its inner workings?" she asked Lucia. Most people weren't smart enough or bothered to learn about how something worked, but the girl didn't seem to be as stupid and ignorant as most people, at least. If her companion did have some knowledge about the tool, she could use that to build the device. It would still take time, but it would be better than starting completely from scratch.

she snorted "Exactly." she knew how troublesome reproducing came with the White spike he honestly she found it disgusting, after a moment of thinking Thalia said something about the photo reducing thing, she quickly turned to her and nodded "I know, I was a mechanic--- well kinda." she gestured with her hand that was making a medium signal and then she began again, "So the program that i used to reduce the grainage for photos to distinguish what it was is something very similar to something called electron microscope, at least you've heard that name before, right? Well in order to reduce the image we have use light or the beams of electrons but it has to be the right amount of light of light or else something weird happens, so yeah unless you're like a billionaire no way we're getting an electron so we can kiss it goodbye." she said blowing a kiss to a random direction as to show she was pretty serious it seemed to be quite expensive the way.

Lucia put her hand on her chin thinking deeply, sure. They could try to find stuff from an electron and what? How many months would it take to build it? No, definitely not fast enough if they did want it to work they would need to buy an electron, take out it's engine and replace it with a different model and adjust it so it can scan the picture instead of atoms, and make it less grainy. "Yeah- I agree with you it's a smart idea what you're thinking but I don't have that kind of money and I don't think you have it either..." she trailed, surely Lucia thought nobody could buy such an expensive device the only reason in the world Lucia had was because they were using all technology no money needed and the MIT helped them, at least- well they used to...

"Do you have anything else to suggest unless you have moo-la it's never working." she let out a sarcastic chuckle to herself, she wasn't mocking Thalia she was just growing desperate, most of the White Spikes only took a couple of weeks to reproduce and if it was quick enough, 2 weeks. "Sorry. I'm not trying to be rude." she grimaced, sighing while placing her head on her hands, she was tired, exhausted, sad, angry. Yet she didn't have the time to rest.

Thalia nodded in acknowledgement at hearing Lucia was a mechanic, listening intently to the girl's explanation and letting out a short quiet 'mhm' to signify that she had heard of an electron microscope. She knew how to operate one, but rarely did. Rarely needed to. They were very expensive, she knew, and she didn't buy or own one personally. Even just one of those could cost a couple hundred thousand dollars on average, sometimes up to millions. But she smiled a little, knowing there was a solution to this. Because fortunately, she worked at S.T.A.R. Labs, which had a few of them. "No, Lucia, I don't have that kind of money, but luckily for us, I know where we can get one without paying..." she trailed a little, sticking her second finger out and moving to point at her companion. "And no, I don't mean stealing. It's completely legal, don't worry," she clarified, after realising it might have unintentionally came out with that implication.

Her plan was to modify the electron microscope to scan the picture instead of atoms, like what Lucia was thinking. As the device was already made to magnify things with high resolution, it shouldn't be that hard or take long to adjust it to their needs. Thalia stood up, getting ready to leave once again.
"I'll take care of this. You can get some rest first. Or come with me, up to you." She shrugged. You might be wondering why she wouldn't just have the girl stay so she could get it done with her speed. Well, some things were a bit harder to do in high speed, engineering usually included. She could still do it, but it would be difficult, and probably wouldn't make much difference anyway, since she can't go at full speed for this. Besides, Lucia was a mechanic - kinda, as she put it - maybe she could help.

"No, I'll go with you, I got enough tine to catch my breath, thanks." Lucia told Thalia rising up, she needed to attend this matter this was her problem she couldn't let Thalia, furthermore a person who didn't know much to do this job but she would just come in case, it would be both rude and quite shameful if she didn't go she already took more than enough time to rest, especially since it's been a while since she was well fed, dressed, and have a little peace of her own, so she should be able to go with Thalia she decided, "Where are we going?" Lucia asked reaching for the door as she walked away from the single bed and to the door, her eyes were determined no longer filled with grief or sadness she had, had before when she was crying but now it was feeled with the feeling of needing to avenge her friends, family, and her country which had been close to annihilated.

She paused for a moment before opening the door, "I....Excuse me for this rude question.... But who do you exactly work for....?" she asked her brow creasing up in both confusion and suspicion, of course she knew Thalia must have a good job if she could afford this Motel, and even look very composed and she seemed knowleagble in her mechanics and how they worked, so she must know some knowledge of mechanic, and science or some kind of intelligence in which Lucia still hadn't though of.

Thalia exited the room and answered Lucia as they walked down the hallway to the elevators. "There's a chain of research facilities here called STAR Labs. I work at the one in this city," she said, the statement also answering the question about where they were going. As they went down and outside the lobby, she called over a cab as their destination was not that near, so they would need one to get there faster. They got in the backseat, and Thalia looked around briefly after telling the driver their stop. Truthfully, she had actually never rode one before, not even once. She rarely ever used any sort of vehicle. She had driven a car once before, and some other public transportation like buses and subways, out of curiosity, but not a taxi. The reason obviously being she didn't need them, with her speed and all.

For the duration of the journey, Thalia stayed silent and only stared out the window. There was not much to talk about at the moment, not with the driver being able to hear. They arrived, and she paid for the meter before getting out, taking a second to look up at the building.
"Here we are." The pair of them entered, Lucia earning questioning glances by the security guards inside, but they were both let in anyway as she was with Thalia, whom they recognized. After picking up an electron microscope from the storage room, they began walking to her office, where they should have enough privacy. On the way, a question occurred to Thalia, and she asked, "By the way, that one group of heroes from your world, The...Avengers, was it? What are they doing now?"

They reached the room, and she placed the microscope on a table. While waiting for her companion to answer, she realised something. "Oh, remember when I said this is completely legal? Yeah, I don't think I'm supposed to be doing anything to this thing..." Thalia frowned as she looked at the device in question, clicking her tongue, but added to reassure Lucia, "But...I'm pretty sure it should be alright as long as we change it back once we're done. No damage done, and no one will even know it was modified at all." She shrugged, shooting Lucia a tight-lipped smile, before sitting down and inviting the girl to take a seat as well. She sighed. "Well, let's get to work, shall we? No time to lose."

Lucia made a sarcastic 'ooooh' sound as she heard Thalia explain she worked in a STAR Labs, as they got on a cab Lucia kept feeling uncomfortable, she hadn't been on a cab before, sure she's has been in cars and some things but most of them were for military or camp use, she felt weird she kept glancing back and forth if anytime someone would attack them, it was a common situation in her world when people were transporting most people would be attacked or likely killed, As she got in the backseat she kept tapping her elbow with her index and middle finger a sheer habit of when she felt a bit uncomfortable or anxious, or you could say the both. Lucia kept a good watch of the cab at all times even though it seemed slightly obnoxious she didn't pay mind to any glances the driver made at her.

As they didn't talk she knew it was because of the driver being able to hear their conversation, when Thalia told her that they were there, she got out of the cab as well she looked up to see a tall building most of the tall buildings in her home world were gone because they were a bad source to attract White spikes. When Lucia earned questioning glances from the security guard she felt sweat bead up on her clammy hands but she just balled then up into small fists making her knuckles look white, she began walking to the electron microscope room when the guards let them both in, and then to her office. When Thalia began with a question Lucia sighed, "The Avengers...? Well, they went to find where the source came from but so far we lost contact with them, we're told that they're somewhere we can't get connection with." she mumbled slightly if the Avengers were here in her world at the moment perhaps her world would've not been such a mess or a chaotic place at the moment.

When Thalia placed the microscope Lucia inspected it carefully making sure it was the model she waned when Thalia pointed out this wasn't completely legal she grinned mischievously, "Trouble is my middle name, no worries I'm sure I can come up with a good lie to get us out of here," she chirped, "Yup, no damage will be done just a quick borrow. Ok, Thalia I'm going to need you to upload the photo to your drive, on your phone... If you have one." she instructed began to fidget with the electron microscope.

"Ah. Glad to know they're doing something, at least," she replied, referring to the Avengers, nodding. Truthfully, she had already been quite sure that the team had not been just sitting back and doing nothing. It wouldn't make sense, seeing as saving the world was basically their job, and heroes were usually quite disciplined in what they do. In her world, and assuming the same on Lucia's as well. She just wasn't sure what exactly they were doing.

Thalia paused for a brief moment when her companion said 'trouble was her middle name', looking at said girl. She raised her eyebrows and scoffed lightly, shaking her head in amusement, the corners of her lips twitching a bit.
"Surprising." While Lucia definitely wasn't the average civilian, and wasn't the politest person either, the speedster didn't take her to be someone who broke the rules often. Although in this specific case, at least, the willingness was logical, as it was for a greater and good purpose, and could be easily fixed after anyway.

"Yes, of course I have a phone." She rolled her eyes. Who doesn't nowadays? Well, apart from those who couldn't afford it, of course. Thalia did as she was told, uploading the grainy image to her device. Admittedly, not with much joy on the task. She disliked being ordered around and not being the one to lead this, but as much as she hated it, Lucia had more knowledge on this matter and it would be best to let her take charge for now. The uploading process didn't take long - only seconds, in fact - and Thalia flipped her phone over to show the girl the file was on her drive. "There. Done."

She nodded, "We lost contact with the Avengers a while back but I'm sure they must be doing something." she mumbled to herself, thought it was true the Avengers went to find the source of the White Spikes Lucia's world lost all contact with them 3 months ago, it's been a while so everyone began fretting they died or something but probably not. When Thalia had said it was surprising to see Lucia as a troublemaker she grinned, "Really..? What did you expect a princess from another world whose naive...? Well, in my world I had to grow up fast," she told her, giving a slight shrug.

When Thalia rolled her eyes and told she had a phone Lucia noticed Thalia wasn't a complete adult and that she still had some spunk in her. "Pfft, well let's phones aren't very common over there in my world so just in case." she started and began tinkering with the machine again, she got onto a computer to power up the electron microscope the screen flashed a power button on the screen for a second before complete black she hummed slightly and looked over to Thalia, "Great. So I'm going to need you to this time send it to this computer which should be easy there should be a share button or something and it should say 'share online or the nearest device.' or something like that," she added quickly beginning to click and type things in the computer soon the screen began responding to Lucia and asked for a picture to be uploaded.

She hummed once again clicking the computer before moving away from the computer in another second she began dialing the rotation button right ways, "Question, Thalia what are you going to do if they are White spikes in your world?" she asked her eyes glued onto the machine, while she waited for Thalia to upload the photo, while she contiued on with her job of making sure the electron microscope wouldn't produce radiation outside what it's suppose too.

"Not exactly. But you did seem to be the 'go by the rules' type at least. Seems I was mistaken." Thalia shrugged as well, nonchalantly. She did again as she was told, making to share the file to the computer. She rolled her eyes once more in annoyance when Lucia began telling her how to do it. "Yeah yeah, I'm not stupid. I know what to do," she muttered, as she did. She felt offended at hearing the girl think she wasn't aware of how to do something as simple as uploading a file from her phone. She was sure anyone who had one knew. But she supposed the reason for that was because people from Lucia's world didn't often have phones, which she was surprised to hear since apparently the technology there was more advanced than her own world's. Maybe her companion had meant people had already moved on from phones to something better.

While waiting for the image to finish loading on the monitor, Thalia answered Lucia's question.
"The logical thing to do would be to find out first how they're opening portals in the first place, and then find a way to stop that from happening again. Otherwise, any solution we come up with won't last permanently. They'll just keep on coming." She did hope they would be able to solve the problem before the situation got out of hand like in Lucia's world. If the aliens were even here, that is.

She waved her hand dismissively "Sure, you could say that for when I was 8 to 12 but all of us have to grow up fast. In any case chaos is normal and chaos means things in disorder and surviving became hard...." she grumbled to herself, when Thalia said she was not stupid she she let out a soft chuckle, "Yeah- I know you're not stupid, you're smart. I'm just saying some basic stuff." she reassured her, she agreed when Thalia responded to her question when Thalia sent the photo she got a small 'ping!' sound from the computer and smiled, this was her specialty living with the computers. She clicked on the file immediately dragging it to the observation center to where the electron microscope will observe it carefully.

She placed the file in the correct manner making sure everything was in the exact alignment, she hummed a certain beat while doing this, Lucia didn't seem to be that worried that the White spikes could possibly invade here she already had an inkling the photo was just a supposedly prank or a bad photo she rolled her chair backward to face Thalia and told her, "Pray that the White spikes aren't here." she blinked returning to the computer before dialing the round cylinder button to the right increasing the image and the grainity. She kept a serious face while doing this and stopped humming her carefree self disappearing into a more serious one, she wasn't joking about being serious when she was working it seemed like. She made the image as big as possibly the image contained, a white blur she squinted her eyes and sighed in relief, "Freak. It's alright Thalia it's a horse. A white one." she smirked.

A genuine smile spread across her face at hearing this piece of good news. "That's a relief." Her glad expression dimmed slightly however, as another thought occured to her. Just because the picture wasn't actually of a White Spike, didn't mean they weren't here. For all they knew, they could still be hiding out somewhere in this world. Thalia decided to just turn to wishful thinking -- foolish, she was aware, but tried to justify it by thinking it would be more convenient and better for this one occasion. They also didn't have any other proof the aliens were actually here, and with their feral intelligence they would be more likely to just directly start causing havoc on the world. She tried to push the worry away, to the back of her mind. But it was still there, at the back of her mind. So the more rational part of her brain took over once again. She looked at Lucia, with a grim smile, a grimace. "Sadly, that still doesn't necessarily mean the Spikes aren't here." She sighed, and stood up from the chair, beginning to pace around the room, voicing her thoughts out to her companion. "Right now, we have two options: stay here, and keep searching for evidence that they've come here, or go to your world and solve the problem there." She paused for a while, before clicking her tongue and continuing. "The world is a really big place. We can't make sure that there are no White Spikes here without actually finding White Spikes here. But if we do keep looking, we might find White Spikes." She put emphasis on the might, and then paused again for a moment to see if she was making sense. "And then we'll know for sure whether or not they're here. Otherwise...well, you get the point. I suppose I'll just leave the decision to you then." She stopped pacing and looked back to Lucia expectantly.

Lucia scowled before putting both her thumb and her index finger on her chin thinking when she got an expectant look from Thalia she seemed a little shy about it, "Alright, I see your point but for the most part, maybe I should use the tracker..... " she mumbled. Sure, Thalia had a great point the world was big and there was no absolute way to make sure that the white spikes weren't here but there was something else that could help them quite a lot. The tracker, Lucia and her team were part of an engineering team she made a tracker to make sure that she could detect the white spikes but the only problem she currently had would the tracker work on a different world? Well she did make it specifically to track the white spikes anywhere so it should work, would it? Thalia helped her this far she had to repay her kindness? No, not the specific word her cooperation. "Wait here Thalia," she blurted out before taking out the watch she had she quickly started tapping it and sliding back into the rolling chair clicking a few things before cursing under her breath, "Do you know the password for this computer? It's very essential. It could really help with the White spike finding. I'll tell you what I'm doing...." she hesitated, would Thalia believe her if she told her that she made a tracker on the white spikes? She didn't do it all solo she had a few friends to help her with it. The main key for this program was their body heat. "I made a tracker for White spikes and it uses their temperature to locate them.... But I need a map or something. Do you have a map? Please. This could be one of the last ways." she pleaded.

"Why didn't you mention it before?" she said, a slight hint of displeasure in her voice as she made to unlock the computer. She didn't understand why the girl was so hesitant on asking about it. Thalia clicked on and opened the app with the world map, moving aside to let Lucia do her thing. The world map was quite more in depth and detailed than the usual one you would find on your phone; it was exclusively in S.T.A.R. Labs, made with the help of the satellite in Earth's orbit that the research organisation owned.

As she waited, she noted how her fellow engineer seemed to be more brilliant than she had thought -- if it was true that the girl had been the one to create the tracker, on her own. Thalia wasn't sure whether to be irked at Lucia's rivaling skill or approve the fact she wasn't a regular witless idiot the speedster found herself so often surrounded with. Right now she was feeling a little mix of both.

Lucia rolled her eyes, "A trackers hard to put in a white-spike, it's not like it tracks all White-spikes we have to insert a chip into them, we put at least 100 chips on White-Spikes," she muttered scratching her hair, she turned on the tracker on her watch a silent beeping sound began to be heard, she looked at her watch, her face changed, she looked shocked and horrified, "Oh, no..." she whispered to herself, touching her watch's screen.

"Oh... My..." she covered her mouth with her hand, she looked horrified, she turned to Thalia her eyes were wide with desperation, "T-Thalia... What do we do...? The picture wasn't a White-spike but..." she swallowed, she felt nauseous they would need someone's help for sure, "It's here." she said finally and out of breath beaded sweat started to appear at her fore-head, she balled her hand tightly until her knuckles appeared very so white, and crescent moon shapes appeared on her palm she didn't stop squeezing her hands, "I'm so... so sorry..." she muttered to Thalia she looked once again lost like when she lost her family and friends.

Thalia's head shot to the monitor's screen at the first beep. Lucia didn't need to explain with words what that meant, the speedster could already figure it out from the clear horror on her companion's expression. She started to panic as well, though it was mostly internal and much more concealed than the girl's. Thalia took a deep breath to collect herself, practically forcing her heart rate to slow down to normal, though she tried to make it subtle. "It's fine, it's fine, calm down," she said to the basically hyperventilating girl beside her, though they were secretly for herself as well. She hoped her words would reach her companion -- not just because she wanted her to clear her head and put her focus back on, but also because she was apologising so profusely and seemed so guilty it made her genuinely hope they would help. Still, comforting people was not exactly something she did often, so she didn't go any further than that. It was already a stretch on her character as it is.

Thalia leaned across the table, pushing the sliding chair that Lucia was sitting on to the side to take control of the mouse and the computer. Panicking does no good in a crisis; you have to solve the problem. She snapped her fingers to catch her companion's attention, while still remaining focused on the screen, navigating through the world map software.
"You said it's a tracker, right? Does that mean we can track their location as well?" If they could pinpoint the specific location of the Spikes, they could have a chance of stopping them before they could wreak any havoc on the world. They just have to act fast; fortunately, speed was Thalia's specialty.

Lucia pulled her fingers through her jet black hair which was straight but she twisted a strand of hair around her finger a reaction which she did when she was nervous or worried, she heard the girl hyperventilating, it sounded more as if she was trying to calm herself down than giving comfort to Lucia but in any case it did give small comfort to her,

she slapped herself hard enough to get back in control to make sure, to not be retreating back to her fears, as Thalia snapped Lucia's attention was once again brought to Thalia, she turned off the sound of the beeping from her watch which made them probably both uncomfortable, breathing in deeply, she heard Thalia speaking to her, "Y-Yeah, i-it's a tracker but it matter which White spike you want to track we got at least over 20 of them here, or at least my trackers body heat signal is sending out a display," she stammered, it was her fault if only they didn't open the stupid, dumb portals they wouldn't have come here. "Just a second I-I'll pinpoint them,"

Her fingers trembled with each word she typed on her watch, she was scared. She had already watched her own home, world, planet being half-destroyed were the White-spikes going to do it here as well? She wiped her eyes which were starting to get hot with tears before they could appear she made them go away, it wasn't a time for being scared or for being hopeless this was her world's fault. They should've found a solution on how to destroy the white-spikes before they began opening portals to the other world, she bit her lip until she felt flesh beginning to tear away, but she quickly stopped before the bleeding would get worse, she looked at her monitor screen on her watch, she concentrated on where the population of White-spikes were at the most.

Antarctica. That's where the White-spiked were she quickly turned to face Thalia, "Antarctica! There in Antarctica, the majority of the White-spikes who came here," she quickly explained, now they would need cooperation from a lot of people, and quickly go to Antarctica before it was too late, before they could breed more, shed, and scatter, in the recesses of her mind she began forming a plan to capture all of them figuring where to go or where to put them.

"What? Antarctica?" Thalia whisper-shouted, clenching her fists to fight the urge to slam the table. Of all places they could be, it was Antarctica? She checked the screen to confirm Lucia's declaration, not that she thought the girl would be joking about something like this. "You've got to be kidding." She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose, frustrated. There were quite a number of the aliens here too, and no doubt they would begin breeding soon. They needed more people for this. She sighed. "Lucia, could you contact the General again and ask him if he could send a few people over? Tell him about our situation, we're gonna need a little help. Oh, and don't forget the special Spike-killing guns. As for my side...I'll see what I can do." She decided not to go on much detail for the last part yet.

The White Spikes being in Antarctica posed a problem, since cold was unfortunately one of speedsters' few weaknesses. There were also more of them than she had predicted. Thalia couldn't handle it alone. But at least, Antarctica was generally secluded from the human world, that gave a little convenience as the continent could serve as a safe battlefield.

Now, as for recruiting allies...Thalia didn't have that many. Practically none, in fact. Of course, she could contact the Justice League for help somehow, but she figured it was not that big of a problem yet to go that direction. Besides, the reason she decided to help Lucia in the first place was because she wanted some 'training'. Calling the most powerful heroes of the world would give her no space in the fight and would completely destroy that purpose.

One of the other options was...well, herself. Her alter ego. That had been her original plan anyway. With Shadow going, Thalia could not be present, which might be suspicious. With Lucia's lie-detecting abilities, it would be hard to work through that, but currently it just serves a minor obstacles; she could think of something later. Another option was to call her father, but Thalia didn't think that was a very good idea, so she saved it as a last resort. Depending on the capability of the team Perez would send over - if he cared enough to do so - they may not need anyone else, anyway.

Thalia glanced at the girl beside her, who seemed to be in a better mental condition now. She noticed the blood on her lips.
"There's tissue over there, by the way." She gestured to a small cabinet, where a tissue box sat on top of. She then proceeded to stare at the map on the computer, beginning to come up with a plan, like her companion. The White Spikes were mostly gathered on one spot. There were some separated from the main flock, but they could chase those after taking out the 'hotspot'. Thalia supposed the plan was pretty simple: kill the white aliens. It would be rough, and challenging nonetheless, but mainly on their physique.

Lucia grumbled something, "It's Antarctica... They don't hate the cold... I do." she muttered, ransacking her dark hair, and clumping them into her hand before releasing them, she turned to face Thalia, the general's help it would be risky with the numbers on Lucia's world so low... Very small... But the General wasn't heartless, he still did try to help other when he wasn't busy saving his own group. She scratched her hair, again. If only she had Ky right now, he would be able to help. He was one of the best snipers, she put her head on her hands when she thought of her friends, and family. God, she wished they were here and she wasn't alone, she didn't have a single person she knew anymore, everyone was just going to help then go away, what if they fail? Now, that was the worst thoughts she had all day she pinched herself to forget the thought.

"The General? I'll try to see the best negotiation I can do." she replied, with a weak smile. Before imputing a comm to the General, a secret code so most of the common people, or those involved more in guns wouldn't understand,

To, General Perez, Lucia Silius reporting, Thalia Thawne and I have found that White-Spikes did indeed infiltrated this world, as well. To my information, thankfully the amount of White-Spikes aren't a huge amount, it is the amount of 20. But in order to make sure to fully eliminate the White-Spikes, I will need your assistance, General. Please send us some weapons if possible, for our side Thalia will see what she can do. Please send some of troops, the most you can do, in order to make sure we erase all White-Spikes we should do from the smaller population here.

Dearly, Lucia Silius.

She sighed, she had sent the darn code, hopefully worlds had wi-fi or internet to connect messages they were able to speak before, why not a message? Gesturning to the small cabinet where tissue was, Lucia blinked surprised and remembered the slight sting on her lips, she forget about the small cut, such small wounds didn't even hurt to anymore, she wiped the blood of her lips with her thumbs smearing it like lip-stick, "No, I'm alright. Thank you," she responded still having her eyes glued onto the screen.

She glanced at Thalia, "What are we going to do on your side? Or what is your plan?" she asked, wondering, what was Thalia going to other than bring weapons, she screwed the thought away, perhaps she wouldn't bring weapons but something different instead.

Thalia gestured to the monitor, pointing out her observations. "Most of the White Spikes are gathered over here." She made a circling motion with her hand around the referred spot. "Assuming they're all still together when we get there, all we have to do then, is kill them. Which won't be too easy, but I'm sure your people already have some experience with that, so with their combined effort, it should be doable. Speaking of..." Thalia took a deep breath, pursing her lips. It was time for the more complicated part. "I'm afraid I'll have to stay here for now. Antarctica's cold, I don't like the cold." She internally cringed at herself at her last phrase. She sounded like a child.

Her statement was technically true. Thalia didn't like the cold. It was a weakness, and people naturally hate their weaknesses; she was no different. Of course, that wasn't the real reason 'she' wasn't going, but she didn't add a 'because', did she? So the sentences aren't necessarily connected. And even though she would actually be joining the expedition, she didn't specify when exactly 'for now' was, either. It was vague, and there were many possibilities as to when now is. She hoped Lucia wouldn't pick up her true meaning. But even then, the hardest part still hadn't been said.

"But worry not, I won't be doing absolutely nothing. I know someone..." Thalia began again, choosing her words carefully. "A metahuman. You remember what that is right? A superhuman. She might be able to help you in Antarctica."

Technically, that wasn't a lie either. Thalia did know someone; that someone was herself. But she didn't know if speaking about herself in third person would ring any alarms in the girl's lie-detecting radar. She didn't know the extent of her companion's powers, how it worked. Was she able to sense half-truths and hidden lies? Thalia refrained from sighing. She hated taking risks like this, avoided it as much as she could. But right now, she couldn't think of any other way to get her alter ego in without being suspicious. She watched Lucia for her reaction. It looks like she'll just have to get her answers through trial and error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back