• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Marvel Avengers Academy (Always open for new students.

"Are we supposed to do this today or sometime this week?" Pepper turned back as Natasha spoke up. "And do we need to team up with the person who's on the same paper as we are?"

The reassuring redhead pushed her hair back behind her ears as she replied, "These assignments need to be done today preferably." She gave a cheeky smile. "You don't want to be making a bad first impression with your teachers after all and on your first day."

Natasha remained stony faced. "And to answer your second question; you don't have to team up with anyone else on the assignment unless specifically stated, but it would be a good way to get to know people. These assignments are given by the teachers to the students they think are best suited for them."

Pepper thumbed through her tablet as he got up Natasha's assignment. "Or in your case, someone their a bit worried about and think needs some special help."

She had tried to phrase the assignment in a better light for the stoic spy but in reality it did seem to come off as more of a warning from the Director himself. She could tell Natasha wasn't pleased about the whole situation but if she wanted to stay, she should really keep her head down and do the assignments that came her way. "So the best thing to do is to do your assignment to the best of your ability and prove to people that your fit to be an Avenger." She said, hoping to get the young femme fatale more compelled to do it.

Jessy753 Jessy753

Last edited:
Storm was wandering the school, looking at her assignments she wrote down accidently bumping into Nova before looking up "Oh sorry about where I was going"

Wade strode through the doors of the SHIELD blasting range, thumbing through the welcome packet he received from the red head. He noted that he was assigned Maverick dorm along with a few other names he recognized. Maximoff. Romanov. LOGAN?! Wade squeeze to himself and had to suppress the urge to kiss the robot behind the counter of the range. This was going to be an interesting year.

Wade checked out a SHIELD Strike One semi auto pistol and went to the stall. Loading the weapon, he looked down the line to the battered and broken Stark robot.

"Domo Arigato Mister Roboto." He said cooly before unloading the pistol on the machine.

BRRRRRT! BRRRRRT! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Nova was not paying attention to those around her as no one had called out that they were also going to the blasting range, which was sad as really Nova needed or wanted to be around others as she needed to socialize in order to stop being distant. As Nova thought about that she didn't notice the person on a crash course with her until it was to late and they collided, Nova being a rather sturdy person was just sent off balance over falling down like some might. The woman that had run into her looked normal, except for her hair which was white, not bleached white but a more natural looking white. Given the girls age, assuming she was a student this was odd, but this was also coming from the person with cosmic fire for hair.

" Ah no problem no harm done" Nova said " SO where are you going want to go to the blasting range?" she asked seeking someone to talk to.

angelbim10 angelbim10

She tilts her head, listening to the girl. She was heading to the maverick room but she was willing to hold it off to join her, "Sure I would love you" Storm replies smiling. She noticed her hair and how she looked, she was curious and interested in what she was and who she was "I'm Storm, what are- I mean who are you?" Storm felt a bit stupid for getting her words mixed up, hoping it doesn't go bad later in the day

Nova chuckled both at the girl having to change her own words and at the slip before that. Really Nova could never get offended by the question of what she was as in truth most would assume she was like the human torch or an alien; mostly it was the latter it seemed. The name storm was interesting though, was it a code name? Nova did not know other cultures only that of new york and even then it had likely changed so much she didn't even belong there outside of the baster building.

" Well that is straight forward, the truth is i am figuring that out I was human a mutated human but a human and now i am something more" Nova said her idea that she was better leaking in " Oh and i am Nova the herald of Galactus" she said as something of a test to see who on earth remembered her masters name.

angelbim10 angelbim10

Last edited:
"Ah okay and I am a mutant myself too.....I do not think I have heard of this Galactus, is he some sort of god?" She asks with curious before smiling. "Its very nice to meet you Nova.....at first I thought I was a goddess, considering where I came from people believed I was but...this man. Charles Xavier told me about myself, I was amazed and confused at first but I have came to live with the decision. Anyways, shall we get going?" She asks nova

A mutant, that was new the closest Nova had known was the fantastic four but they were different than those born with powers like her they had gotten powers through accidents. Well she guessed it was possible for people to just have the powers innately. Nova might have known more abotu mutants and realized who was one and who wasn't if she hadn't been slightly sheltered, mostly because she had never been big on news so she missed stories about them and she tended to think of mutants as peoples that where in accidents because that had been what she knew. Still it seemed that people were already forgetting about Galactus that or this girl was from somewhere that was very rural if she had been thought of as a goddess.

Nova started to walk with Storm towards the range before she woudl explain Galactus simply " Galactus is not exactly a god but a being that works on a cosmic scale, there are a few but they are not truly gods" She said trying to to tread on toes of someone that might be religious though Nova did know there was a god for certain just it was nothing like in any book. " He works as something of a balancer for life and death"

angelbim10 angelbim10

While walking with her, she listens in on her explanation of who Galactus was "Ah.." was all she could say. Fascinated by the words and meaning, a small smile forms on her face "I would like to be friends with you nova if you are okay with it, you seem like a very great girl. If you would like to be friends that is"

A friend already, Nova was checking off the boxes of getting back to understanding humanity again, it really didn't matter that Storm was apparently a mutant Nova just saw a person she had seen a great many alien races so she wasn't that picky on her definition of human. Though the words a very great girl did sting a little Nova knew if others actually knew what she did and had done they would likely call her a villain or a monster. the latter was more likely a villain tried to take over or gain wealth, she chose what planets lived and died to feed her master. Well no one needed to know what she needed actually did despite her announcing it when she first came but most likely thought the whole thing a joke.

" Of course i'll be your friend, you'll be my first now that i have returned to earth" She said " I guess that means you'll be my best friend... besties is the term right?" she said and asked showing she was a little out of date with some things

angelbim10 angelbim10

"I've come to learn everything I can about the outside world, and return the knowledge for the good of Wakanda. I will also be procuring many souvenirs..."

That was his answer to Fury's personal inquiry some months back when he paid an impromptu visit to the campus to see for himself. He knew of his father--The King's ties to Fury's academy. Behind every school there a wealthy benefactor or so they say.

At that time T'challa was still uncommitted in his post-secondary graduate duties , he had his pick of the top school's to choose from -- Oxford, the usual Ivy's, M.I.T and Stanford to name a few. The King thought it was a good idea to spend a year at A.A. to develop his sense of " Heroics" , something he saw lacking in his bright but wayward son. Ever since he could remembered T'challa been admonished with praises for his natural talent, talents he hardly put forth in any real meaningful way. His siblings had to work much harder than he, lending to some strained relations. He had a way of making things look more easy than they actually were. T'challa used as much effort to complete a task as necessary, and that was usually his minimum.

For the first time at Avengers Academy however, he wasn't the strongest or the smartest, the fastest or the most gifted. He had enough of these things going for him, but he was more or less like everyone else...his considerable resources and connections certainly helped, but these were royal privileges, not things he earned through any real effort of his own. T'challa found himself a "Jack-of-All" in a school of metaphysical Gods, interplanetary beings and other anomalies. He was no longer the outlier ahead of the pack, but just a bump among a much larger cluster.

He felt a desire that had previously lie dormant... He spent the entire summer getting accustomed to this new environment. He cut ties with the throne to prove that he didn't need his father's backing. Using his savings and savvy, he managed to make some noted investments that allowed him to retain his accustomed lifestyle.

He sought to join the student body council as well any other club he could manage. He wanted to challenge himself and really explore his limits. He found he could push himself beyond the limits he had previously established.
The young Wakandan prince spent the early half of that morning drafting up budget proposals for the fiscal year. It was only recently that he'd been appointed as the school's treasurer. He had a talent for bookkeeping, well he had a talent for anything he put his mind to. He was like a shadow throughout the academy, subtly establishing his presence in ways few could imagine, many of the other students weren't even aware of his existence. In a span of a few months he went from an unknown to a leader.

Last edited:
He growled under his breath at the infuriating woman. What was so hard about a simple answer? She slipped off quicker than he had thought she would, considering the orientation. He thought about going and demanding another answer, but he was just more frustrated with himself that he couldn't remember. Like there was some sort of block he couldn't get around. He hardly tried to remember... and yet when he did nothing came to him.

Typical. He sighed and glanced around for Steve, seeing him up near the board and off to the left. Bucky glanced once more at the girl and wondered if he shouldn't finally ask Steve if he knew her. Knew how he knew her somehow... because he couldn't get there himself and she refused to talk to him about it. Or at all, and yeah, he knew he'd threatened her, but she'd jumped in and killed those hydra agents... that was no coincidence. She knew him, somehow, and he couldn't figure it out. He had no basis of why, except some sort of promise he couldn't begin to understand.

Hammy Hammy He stepped up behind Steve with his hands tucked into his jean pockets. "So how optional is all this Steve?" He asked half heartedly. He couldn't barely be bothered by the idea of more assignments with his mind lingering on this girl. She was so close, too, talking to the other red head he could hear their conversation but couldn't jump in. She was worried about the assignments, he scanned over them and then a broad, smug grin stretched unfamiliarly across his face. He stepped quickly up to the board, intentionally close to her and leaned in to the assignment they were tagged under. Eye on you. Ironic, Fury sure wasn't one for discretion, he thought sourly. Probably Bucky deserved it though...

"Well, will you look at that,"
He hummed, his voice smug as he tapped his covered finger on the board. "We must have something in common," He turned his gaze to her, challengingly. "Plenty of time in class to figure it out, huh doll?"

Jessy753 Jessy753

Last edited:
Steve's attention was grabbed by the sound of Bucky acknowledging him. He'd figured that Bucky would come over eventually, but he still hadn't been prepared. Especially not given how disturbed Bucky sounded. Steve wasn't sure what had happened with that woman, but it didn't seem positive. Bucky could handle himself, but Steve couldn't help but be a little concerned.

"Doesn't seem optional to me," he said, shrugging. "But it doesn't sound too difficult either. You feeling alright? Worried?"

As he spoke, Steve glanced from the redheads and back to Bucky. Steve didn't want to pry too much, but he had to ask when his friend was acting off. If anything, Steve was worried. And by the way Bucky was talking to the girl, it wasn't completely unwarranted. Steve just didn't know what to make of it.

FarFlungDreamer FarFlungDreamer

Natasha stared at Pepper. She tried to voice her assignment in a positive light, but both women knew it wasn't positive. It's not like Natasha was bothered by how it seemed anyways. It was more a fact of being signed up to things with the Winter Soldier. What did Fury think? Probably nothing or else he wouldn't have signed her up with the guy who wanted to take her freaking life for being a traitor. A traitor to Mother Russia and the KGB. Most likely she hadn't been on more than one black list. Searched by so many secret agencies, it had always filled her with pride because it meant she was good in doing what she did. Until Clint. That fateful two weeks, he had hunted her down until she was sick of waiting for him to end her life.

Bad first impressions, the way the redhead voiced it was almost comical. Like she even had the chance to do a first impression. Most people knew about the Black Widow and her reputation anyways. So why even bother with whatever impression she left. After all she did leave quite the impression already. Killing a handful Hydra thugs had obviously gotten her on the naughty list already. "Well, thank you for the information.", she spoke non-chalantly but the news definitely didn't lift her spirit.

Natasha almost jumped as the man turned up next to her. Still she was able to suppress her startled expression but simply glared darkly at him. "You mean besides the dead Hydra thugs?", she reminded him and was almost too pleased with herself for rubbing it in. After all without him she wouldn't have gotten into this situation to begin with. For a moment she looked at him surprised as he called her doll. She stared at him and wondered if he remembered more when he wanted to lead on. Perhaps he did? She frowned for a moment but her face turned soon into the indifferent mask again. "Much fun figuring that one out. After all I'm not the one with Alzheimer, am I?", she told him, knowing she perhaps went too far with that statement. After all out of every person around here, she was the one who should understand how it felt to be brainwashed the most. She stared at him for a moment too long and quickly glanced away.
The redhead kept glancing at the Winter Soldier from the corner of her eyes until she slowly moved away. "Are you coming, lame duck?", she asked and continued "We have a reputation to polish." She seemed still distant but still she felt like she owed him some nicer words after her last statement. FarFlungDreamer FarFlungDreamer

Last edited:
"Some," He admitted when Steve asked how worried he was. He seemed to pick up on that it wasn't really about assignments either. But he supposed that they'd known each other long enough for it. Just... Bucky assumed it had been too long, that he was far too different for that to still happen. Maybe he was wrong about things with Steve. Honestly, he hoped he was wrong. Hammy Hammy

He gave a sardonic smirk. Yeah, this one was real funny. "Cute," He replied. Of course, it was his sort of humor, but in this situation it wasn't super wise to go saying around all these people. Apparently that wasn't something that bothered her. He felt that buzz again, and it overrode the need that pounded in the back of his head to figure this out. But just for a moment, only as long as she seemed to pause over something. He couldn't really know what.

"No, but that means you do know something,"
He pointed out, trying to seem neutral still. But that joke should be funny. It was probably funny to this girl, him being around Steve she must have picked up that they had both been alive for a lot longer than they look. But for him... it wasn't such a joke. Alzheimer... he wished. James' head ached with the sudden flash of what kept him their blank slate for so long. He kept his face as even as he could, but his jaw tightened at the phantom pains of Hydra's many devices to keep their Soldier theirs. He pushed away from the feeling of the metal closing in around him.

She started to move away, and he suddenly felt too tired, too worn to follow after her again. There would be other days, other times of opportunity. Lame duck, he snorted, resisting the grin that was under there. Was she trying to encourage him now? Or was she simply giving in to the idea that he was going to follow her until she told him what was going on. Or until he could find it for himself, he'd really prefer that anyways.@Jessy753

"Right behind you dollface,"
He called back, another sardonic smile on his face. He'd go, but he wanted to check in with Steve first. She was far enough away now, though and he took the few steps to his friend. He glanced at Sam, and decide he didn't have time to be suspicious. He lowered his voice even still, and leaned in towards Steve. Hammy Hammy

"I know that girl, Steve,"
Bucky said, troubled, and he couldn't hide the deep confliction from his practical brother. His rough walls had a hard time staying in place with Steve. His worries had a way of exposing themselves. "From... from when I was, gone," He spoke in a hard voice. When he was the Winter Soldier, when he did those things, but that was a little too hard to say. The hard look settling in his eyes said enough. "I need to find out from where." It could be insignificant, or it could be life and death. Steve ought to know that. Maybe he could keep a watch on her when she slipped out of Bucky's eyesight.

He tensed as she taunted him about Alzheimer. Most people wouldn't even have recognized but she saw his jaw tightened. Just for a split second she resisted the urge to place her hands on his temples to massage him. To weaken his headache like she had done years ago. But she wouldn't get too near. She might still be faster than him and better in hiding but once she got in reach of his metal hand, she was dead. One wrong statement wouldn't make her foolish enough to suddenly trust him. Also the movement of his jaw reminded her one too many times of the Winter Soldier.

He stayed behind even after she called him to follow her. "You can bring Captain Popsicle and Mister Sidekick along, if you cannot go without them for a day.", she told Bucky without even turning around to see if the guy was following her. Taking along the other two boys meant that she was safe of the Winter Soldier for now.

Obviously she didn't care about whether the Winter Soldier joined her or not. Once she didn't hear the familiar heavy steps anywhere near her, she sped up her own steps. If he didn't want to follow her it wasn't her fault. He had seemed so eager to talk to her earlier and now he ditched her for a World War II veteran and a guy she didn't know. It shouldn't bother her as much as it actually did. Still seeing him talking to Captain America made her frown. Why would that guy trust Hydra's weapon? FarFlungDreamer FarFlungDreamer Shadow Shadow Hammy Hammy

Steve listened to the two of them go back and forth, brow furrowing the longer it went on. They must have met somewhere, somehow, between when Bucky had been the Winter Soldier and when he'd come back home. Whatever their relationship, it was tense. The woman definitely didn't seem to hold Bucky in high regard. She even seemed a little tense around him, as though she was worried he might turn on her like some kind of wild animal.

"You do whatever you need to, Buck. If she's important, you'd better find out why," Steve said, giving him an encouraging smile. He waited for the girl to be out of earshot before he spoke again. "Don't mind her too much. I mean, jeez, sounds like she really got up on the wrong side of the bed."

He nudged Bucky gently, hoping to lighten his mood at least a little. It was his job to keep his team's morale up, after all, and Bucky had always been there for him before. Seeing Bucky so worried and uncertain, it perturbed Steve himself. But Steve trusted Bucky to handle himself in the end. He wasn't a wild animal, he was just a good person with a lot of baggage. When push came to shove, he wouldn't break.

FarFlungDreamer FarFlungDreamer

Last edited:
Storm thinks about it before nodding with a smile, "Besties" she soon realized something "Oh dang it I totally forgot about my project! Ahhh!! Oh I have to leave, so sorry Nova I wish I could join but I must be going I will see you later" she leaves the girl's side heading to the dorms to work on her project that was unfinished

(I got Comrade Bork Bork Doggo. So happy.)

BRRRRT! BRRRRRT! BRRRRT BRRRRRT BRRRRRT!

Wade finished the clip of the pistol and looked up at the monitor above that assessed his score. The neon screen flashed a 89% accuracy rate and Wade pumped his fist. He tossed the pistol in the bin and went back to the counter.

"Dude, gimme some more weapons. Like a rifle, a shotgun, a rocket launcher, a laser beam accelerator aaaaaand....a stick." Wade told the attendant. The attendant looked at him with confused awe. Wade sighed.

"Fine, I'll do it myself." Wade said, going up to the door.

"Sir, you can't come back he-" the attendant began but was interrupted by Wade pulling out one of his swords and jamming it into the lock, breaking it. An alarm whined loudly as Wade calmly took several assault grade weapons down from the racks.

"SIR, YOU TRIGGERED THE ALARM SYSTEM! THE RANGE IS GOING INTO LOCKDOWN! THE TARGETS ARE AUTHORIZED TO USE LIVE ROUNDS!" The attendant yelled as the robots in the range started shuffling down the line, guns powering up. Wade looked back and shrugged, loading bullets into the guns.

"Well, Fury did say he wanted me to prove myself."

An alert popped up on Pepper's tablet about the range going into lockdown.

Twist Twist

"I thought she was Hydra... but I'm not so sure anymore," He spoke his troubled thoughts. He looked down at the ground and the glanced up at Steve when his words nudged him out of his thoughts with a firm frown and a nod. He smiled tightly at Steve's joke, he was trying to lighten Bucky's mood, and he appreciated it. But this woman was plaguing him and he couldn't stand that there were things about him that he couldn't reach still. That could be very dangerous, for him and for anyone near him that he cared about. Steve being one of those people made this matter so much more pressing.

"Yeah, she's not going to make it easy,"
He grumbled as Steve nudged him. He smiled once and nodded again before he turned back towards where the red head was still ahead of him. "Keep your eyes open," Bucky called over to Steve's friend evenly. He didn't need anyone Steve wanted protected getting hurt, either. Shadow Shadow Hammy Hammy

"Trying to escape already?"
Bucky called as he got up closer to the girl again. "We're partners for now, remember?" He said, turning to face her as he slowed down to a more natural pace next to her light movements. Jessy753 Jessy753

Users who are viewing this thread

Back