• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Mars - Space Plot

Nienna

Hi,
So I am a big fan of the Mars series and looking for someone who wants to rp this type of story. I have made a starter but I am open to ideas. It is not necessary to have seen the series just a interest in the idea, my starter is mostly inspired from the series anyway.
-Looking for someone 20+ years old.
-Prepared to do 1+ paragraph replies (Obviously to odd one liner or short reply is fine as we all get writers block)
-Online quite a bit.
-Easy to talk to and will to help with ideas and such.
-Message me if you are interested as I cant start new pm quite yet.

Starter:
It was humanities greatest achievement, the crown jewel. In 2040 the first manned mission to Mars had been successful, the first colony had been established and was thriving. Humans were now an inter-planetary species. The chances of their extinction were almost zero, their legacy was now of infinite possibilities. Mars was a fully operational colony, growing more independent by the day. The town larger with each new shuttle, the planet more alive. There was nothing humans could do about the surface pressure but they had begun to plant cold resistant plants, hoping to oxygenate the atmosphere. The results would take years to become apparent but everyone was hopeful. Lessening their dependence on oxygen scrubbers and filters would at least mean there was one less thing that could go wrong.

The mission had not been without its difficulties, its tragedies. Since the first landing in 2040 there had been one crash due to a sudden dust storm complicating landing. There had been two deaths due to natural causes, four due to complication during EVAโ€™s and another four from equipment failure in the dome. The equipment failure and the crash were the worst, they worried the foundation back on Earth the most. Luckily however, in each instance the failure had been found and addressed, lowing the possibility of it happening again. The success of the mission certainly outweighed any failures.

But on Mars such failures seemed far heavier than back on Earth. Too many mistakes and the colony could be dismantled and Mars abandoned. The only way to make certain the colony on Mars was to find non-human life. They needed to find life on mars, pre-existing the human missions. This had been the driving force for most of the counties in the foundation. The international Mars Science Foundation was the power behind the project. A board of representative of different counties all working towards the same goal, contribution personnel, data and money. They had many reason for establishing the colony on Mars, the survival of the human race, curiosity, pride but most of all it was to find life separate to planet Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back