• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern #𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆𝗠𝗲 // Dystopian AI Matchmaking

IceCave

Lucky Member
TOO MANY CHOICES SO
MarryMe is a public app that every citizen has to keep on their phone. They're allowed to browse it looking for a future spouse. The advanced AI decides if their choice is valid or not. If they fail to find someone accepted by the AI by the time they reach a certain age (unknown until they get the memo they've reached it) it chooses someone for them based on the unknown algorithms.

The preferences concerning personality, race, sexuality, body type, and even gender do not matter. The AI might match them with someone who they normally would never even date. They're allowed to file a complaint but the response time varies anywhere from a few months to a few years. Until then they are obligated to meet their new spouse and work on starting a family. Of course the state does not force people to procreation, the couple can choose other modern ways of conceiving a baby or if they're a same sex couple there's an option of adoption.

Welcome to this modern, mildly futuristic take on Orwellian dystopia for adult writers. Our characters will be matched by me based on whatever I decide might be most fun but you of course will have a say as well. Your character can be anyone as long as they are officially single (though they could be in an illegal relationship) and between 25 to 45 years old.

The priority in this roleplay is authentic characterization and activity, the post length is not but please be able to comfortably write at least 2 paragraphs of substantial content every few days. If you're more of a once a week novella roleplayer this RP won't cater to your needs.

Edit: I wanted to post the lore/CS page once this garnered some interest but I guess the concept is not complete without a plot. So let me lay out my plan for you:

1. We all create dating profiles styled CS for our characters. I will provide a template.

2. Then we look through the accepted CSs and you privately give me your input before I officially match our characters.
Note
: some of them could know each other, could be even friends or enemies, some could be in an illegal relationship with a person now matched by AI with someone else. And of course we can use NPCs for all that as well.

3. We start the roleplay with our characters learning about having a fiance in the most inconvenient moment for them.
Note: it could be anything from serious to hilarious. Maybe your character was just in the middle of a business meeting, family dinner, or a hookup. Or maybe they were just planning an illegal wedding with the person they love.

4. Our characters are obliged to meet asap and the AI automatically changes their schedule to arrange the first date with our characters' soon to be spouse.

5. After our couples' first meeting they will all gather in a designated place for an official wedding ceremony after which they will all go on a mandatory, weekend long honeymoon. As you can imagine there's room for a lot of drama but not only interpersonal one.

Hint: this could be but doesn't have to be just a silly, faux modern/futuristic day love story. In the background there's an oppressive government and underground activities. Your character could be an average Joe, privileged official, or even some sort of an activist and underground resistance member.

The final cast will decide if we focus on the nitty gritty of our characters interactions and little problems or we introduce some high stakes drama as well.

Edit 2: you can find the CS thread with lore and profile template here. You're welcome to make whatever character you are feeling and can do justice but in case you could use some inspiration, here are a handful of ideas:
popular influencer or celebrity
low or high ranked street gang member
popular politician of the opposition or member of the opressive government
person living in poverty or even temporary homeless
someone who grew up in rural areas and moved to the city, still finding their place here
someone who was just released from federal prison and has the unique knowledge of prison life that they are legally obliged to not talk about.

If you're interested please PM me a short description of your idea!

Thank you Ambiloquous Ambiloquous for the wonderful code!
THEY MAKE IT FOR US

Last edited:
I'm interested. Thinking I'll write a character closer to 40. So he knows his numbers probably gonna be up soon, also maybe hoping the algorithm won't pair him with anyone :p

This is a very fun concept. Though I do wonder what all the pairs will have in common to create group drama, I think I’d like to join!

Thank you for your interest, I added the following to the first post on the thread. Hopefully it explains the concept I had a little better. But please ask away if you have more questions!

Edit: I wanted to post the lore/CS page once this garnered some interest but I guess the concept is not complete without a plot. So let me lay out my plan for you:

1. We all create dating profiles styled CS for our characters. I will provide a template.

2. Then we look through the accepted CSs and you privately give me your input before I officially match our characters.
Note
: some of them could know each other, could be even friends or enemies, some could be in an illegal relationship with a person now matched by AI with someone else. And of course we can use NPCs for all that as well.

3. We start the roleplay with our characters learning about having a fiance in the most inconvenient moment for them.
Note: it could be anything from serious to hilarious. Maybe your character was just in the middle of a business meeting, family dinner, or a hookup. Or maybe they were just planning an illegal wedding with the person they love.

4. Our characters are obliged to meet asap and the AI automatically changes their schedule to arrange the first date with our characters' soon to be spouse.

5. After our couples' first meeting they will all gather in a designated place for an official wedding ceremony after which they will all go on a mandatory, weekend long honeymoon. As you can imagine there's room for a lot of drama but not only interpersonal one.

Hint: this could be but doesn't have to be just a silly, faux modern/futuristic day love story. In the background there's an oppressive government and underground activities. Your character could be an average Joe, privileged official, or even some sort of an activist and underground resistance member.

The final cast will decide if we focus on the nitty gritty of our characters interactions and little problems or we introduce some high stakes drama as well.

I'm interested! I'd love to create a late 20s/early 30s man who's sarcastic and brooding and doesn't get a long with people very well.

Ooo, this sounds fun!

Thank you for your patience. I'm tagging eveybody that showed interest in this roleplay.

meepster meepster SteepVision SteepVision spacepirate spacepirate saxon saxon SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Noam Noam _em_ _em_ carrlavoie carrlavoie Ian Temero Ian Temero Kendrix-lamar Kendrix-lamar Lucipurr Lucipurr

If after reading the following you're no longer interested please be so kind and delete your comment on this thread that states your interest, thank you <3

But if you are still interested then please PM me your character's profile once it's ready.

Here is the CS and lore information:

Link

The CS is a matchmaking profile that you don't have to take too seriously. If your character would lie or act overly curt, silly, angry, or genuine when filling it out please try to convey it when creating the CS.

(The AI generated description at the beginning is just a fill-in-the-blanks thing, let me know if it's confusing).

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I would like to start this roleplay sometime next week at the latest. Your CS, availability, and your first IC post will all determine if this roleplay is for you.

As long as this thread is visible the roleplay is open for new participants!

Last edited:
I would very much like to join if this is still open. Is there a character limit? I can guarantee at least 6 paragraphs a week, 2 per chara min.

I would very much like to join if this is still open. Is there a character limit? I can guarantee at least 6 paragraphs a week, 2 per chara min.
Feel free to check the CS&Lore page with all additional information and PM me your character's profile once it's ready!

There's no character limit for now but maybe let's start from 1-2 characters and then depending on how things go we can all consider creating additional ones if we have the room, capacity, and inclination to do so.

Of course the state does not force people to procreation, the couple can choose other modern ways of conceiving a baby or if they're a same sex couple there's an option of adoption.
There has and will continue to be research on producing human sperm and egg cells in-vitro from stem cells.

With how tightly the government in your setting controls its citizens' lives, I'd consider that they might've gone ahead figured that out, bypassing the ethics discussion. Or, maybe they didn't, because they want to preserve the popularity of a specific, ideal family structure?

For thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back