• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Married at First Sight

DarkiusHeavenstein

Creator of my own little Universe
So, you know how every story starts with people being introduced to each other and going through some awkward dating phase before falling in love and starting a relationship. And then if things last eventually they might get engaged and get married to hopefully live happily ever after? That at least is what most stories are about, the romantic comedies you see in the cinema, the romans you love to read, the dating programs on the television. Are you also getting tired of that same, stupid, narrative? Well, this time that will all be turned around and switched up completely! Get ready for something new, something different, something that has never been done before! What will happen if you let two perfect strangers say "I do" before getting to know each other?

Welcome to 'Married at First Sight'.
Married at First Sight (MaFS) is a project were ten very brave, or very desperate, souls are coupled up by the makers and inventors of the project. One of them will be the 'groom' waiting at the altar, while the other will be the 'bride' and brought up to them. This will be the very first time the two ever meet in their entire lives, and yet they are there to spend the rest of their lives together. Or at least to make that promise to each other. Once the wedding ceremony is over, the party is held and the couple has their first, probably awkward, night together, MaFS will send them on a luxurious honeymoon together with the four other fortunate couples that met and married this way. On a dreamy tropical destination the couples will have the chance to get to know each other and their partners better. There will be romantic dates, dinners and parties for the newlyweds, along as nice activities for the whole group together. Now, would you be brave enough to take this chance?
Rules

1. RPN rules will apply above everything else
2. Be open-minded and respectful to others and their characters
3. A discord will be set up for all the OOC talk and brainstorming
4. There is a ten character limit, and this will not be first come, first serve.
5. Please be able to write decent English, at least two or three paragraphs would be nice.
6. Everyone is welcome (both players and characters)! Though this will be a realistic roleplay, so please keep that in mind.
7. Couples will be made by me with the use of a randomizer thingy!
Interest Check: That is where you are right now
OOC: Send me a PM for the link!
In Character: Hopefully that will come!

Last edited:
Hmmmm sounds interesting
Oh this definitely sounds like something I could get into!
oo very interested!
I'm interested!!
Since I have four people showing interested, I made the Sign up thread and Discord page as promised

The Sign up thread can be found HERE.
For the Discord, I will send out a PM to all four of you. Anyone who wishes to join after this message, can PM me for the invite!

Count me in. I love the concept.

Though I do have to ask; are you accepting photos of real people only for characters? I've never felt very comfortable with that. Is it okay to stick to just a description?

Hello! I'm interested in giving this a shot.
Count me in. I love the concept.

Though I do have to ask; are you accepting photos of real people only for characters? I've never felt very comfortable with that. Is it okay to stick to just a description?
Thank you for the interest. Please send me a PM for the discord link!

VitricHearts VitricHearts Yes, I would very much like photos to be used, but I also can understand you feeling uncomfortable by that. So I would be okay with a description (if detailed) and maybe you can add some pictures/links to pictures that you think are close to what you have in mind so we have a bit of visual aid to it. Without actually claiming that person as your character. Otherwise I would also be okay with realistic art, if you are comfortable with that?

Thank you for the interest. Please send me a PM for the discord link!

VitricHearts VitricHearts Yes, I would very much like photos to be used, but I also can understand you feeling uncomfortable by that. So I would be okay with a description (if detailed) and maybe you can add some pictures/links to pictures that you think are close to what you have in mind so we have a bit of visual aid to it. Without actually claiming that person as your character. Otherwise I would also be okay with realistic art, if you are comfortable with that?

I'll settle for realistic art, then, if I find something suitable. Otherwise I'll do my best to give an accurate description and see what I can do to support it. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back