• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Marooned: Swiss Family Robinson concept (MxF)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Swiss Family Robinson (1960 film) - Wikipedia

I have included a link to the plot of the original book / movie, which is set in the early 19th century. I like how the plot begins - a crew abandoning ship during a pirate attack and leaving the family to fend for itself headed into a storm, finally being shipwrecked on an uncharted island.

I am looking for someone to roleplay the part of a single woman raising two to three kids. Her first husband died or abandoned them long ago. The kids need not have been all hers. In fact they could partly or all be stepchildren.

My character is also going to shipwreck in an almost identical fashion, but is going to come from the 21st century, or about 200 years later. He is an astronaut, more specifically a Habitat Engineer (jokingly referred to as a space janitor). Val Kilmer played the part of such an astronaut in the movie Mission to Mars.

Which of us arrives first is up to you, but our arrivals should be close together. Just let me know your preference.

The island could be a bit different from the one in the book. They will have to deal with pirates, dangerous wildlife on the island. (We can add some megafauna if you like, maybe even some original stuff. I even considered some hybrid life similar to the Isle of Dr Moreau.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back