• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Axeykins

Humanoid Typhoon
Tattoo-esque markings of all shapes and sizes began to mysteriously appear on the populous one day. Entire life stories laid bare on the skin. The good, the bad, the ugly. All out in the open now. The worse the deed the harder of place to hide it appears, repeat offences only deepen the markings. Doesn't matter what you did, you're looked down upon for what they show. While the good ones are praised and held as items of true beauty and rarity.
As far as its known there is no cure for them, no preventive, Hell they appear out of thin air! and no telling what's making them. And no effort to find out either as the population divides itself in judgement.

We must solve who or what is causing this and why. Put an end to it all before our society is divided beyond repair or worse.

Last edited:
Ivindri (Ivin)

Location: Walking down 4th Street ====> Back alley near 4th street and Redwood Rd.

Interactions: Open

Ivin walked down the crowded streets. He watched as people stared and whispered about the mark on his face. He smirked to himself as he walked, relishing the muttering and judging. Everyone should know what he was willing to do. He held his hands up to look at them and clenched them into fists as he remembered that day. The bone snapping, flesh tearing, people screaming. Even though the memory was not quite pleasant, he knew that it made him stronger each time he remembered it. As he was thinking about that day, he turned a corner into a back alley. Once there he leaned up against a wall and lit a cigarette, waiting for a local gang, a mugger, or pretty much anyone to pick a fight with him.

Yves dashed down the sidewalks as fast as his legs could carry him. Glancing at his watch now and again. Dammnit. Going to be late to his seminar. On top of that the sweat now dripping down his face further washing away the makeup covering the disgusting stitched X marks across his lips. Not like it did much to begin with, they always had this uncanny ability to bleed through any form of cover up.
He took a sharp turn into the back alleyways. He still knew them well in this city from when he and father roamed around place to place when he was real young. Though perhaps not as well as it would seem as he took another turn and tripped over his own two feet as he struggled to avoid a sudden body in the way. Sending a briefcase full of his documents and flash drives flying through the air and sprawling across the ground.

Ivindri (Ivin)

Interactions:
Axeykins Axeykins

Ivin looked down at the stranger that had fallen over. He looked quite young, although he was terrible at guessing ages and was dressed in what appeared to be some sort of lab coat. His black hair was now ruffled and messy from the fall. Or was it like that before he fell? Ivin reached out to the stranger to help him up. "Are you ok?" he asked while taking the cigarette out of his mouth and putting it out between his thumb and finger. "Took quite the fall there didn't you? You in a hurry somewhere?" He stood so that his scar like mark would be hidden by the shadows until the stranger stood up. He wanted to see his reaction. Just then he realized there were marks across his lips that resembled stitches. He smirked to himself as he thought "What could this kid have done to get those? He doesn't look like the type to do something deserving of marks like that." As Ivindri wondered about the stranger's marks, he waited for him to stand up and asked one final question. "What's your name kid?"

"Argh....thanks." Yves groaned as he dusted himself off and collected the papers and drives from the ground. "Not my particular way to greet a stranger but my name is Yves, since you asked. May I be offered the same kindness in asking yours?" He offered a polite nod. Eyeing the stranger up and down. He was a behemoth compared to the tiny five foot six frame that he sported himself. Sporting a long scar like mark across his face and down his neck. Not one to trifle with duly noted, or at the very least keep en guard and try and remember what his father taught him. "I'm on my way to a seminar, odd time of the day for one I suppose, nothing is on time, traffic is heavy, but the only one they'd meet someone like me for, y'know?" Out of some subconscious habit he licked the deep marks over his lips.
BloodInMyEyes BloodInMyEyes

Ivindri (Ivin)

Interactions:
Axeykins Axeykins

Ivin was a tiny bit surprised. "Yves" had not reacted the way he had expected. Most people are visibly frightened or disgusted by him, but this person seemed only a slight bit wary of him. Perhaps it was because of the marks across his lips. He was about to respond when he noticed him run his tongue over the marks on his lips. "That's odd... Some habit of his perhaps? I wonder what caused that habit..." Ivin snapped out of his thoughts and remembered what he was about to say before he was momentarily distracted. "It is an interesting time of day for a seminar. My name is Ivindri by the way. But most people call me Ivin... You don't seem to be afraid of me like most people usually are..." Ivin Studied him as carefully as he could to try and read his body language as he prepared his next sentence. "You don't look like the kind of person to end up with those." He said gesturing at the marks on his lips. "Willing to tell me how you got em? Ill tell you how I got mine of course if you do decide to share. But I wont tell you if you don't want me to." The last part was meant to try and goad him into telling him about his marks by feeding into the natural curiosity of humans. He then thought to himself: "Lets see how you react to this." and waited for his answer.

"Pleasure to make your acquaintance Ivin." Yves snapped a strap onto the ends of his briefcase and slung it snugly over his shoulder. "Ah yes. This happens more often than I'd care to admit really. But to say the least it's just something that I'm far more used to than someone my age should be and more prepared for it as well. C'est la vie I suppose?." He shrugged. Soon as Ivin pointed out his lips his hand shot up to immediately run over them. Fingertips following each and every gross curve and ledge. "You know it's not often I legitimately get asked about these." He sighed. Scratching his chin for a moment pondering whether or not he wanted to say anything of them. On one hand, he wasn't a fan of saying it, but on the other. It was vital for his research. Seeing both the reaction to his tale as well as hearing of others. With a quick nod he turned his gaze upwards towards the man again. A sickening pit of nervousness and old guilt forming in his gut.

"I got these nasty things quite a long time ago. So, imagine this. You're grandfather and father are on trial for all sorts accusations of mob related activity. Drug distribution, tax evasion, murders and many more unsavory things. And...." He had to take a small nervous gulp. Ugh, he hated this so incredibly much it make him nauseous. "And they decide to call you to the stand, little hardly eight years old you, shouldn't be a big deal right? But it's all rigged, children are sooo truthful right? Especially under pressure. All that hard questioning and pain of seeing their family do this and get hurt should make them break right to stop it? Spill the beans? Except, however. Hoooow-ever." A nervous giggle caught him in the moment. "When that happens to be their only ever family. The only one you've had in the entire world? You just....don't rat them out. You can't! Every single time I refused to, these things got darker, deeper, more apparent...."
There was a catch in his chest." Okay, okay. long story shortened as you must be tired of my far too detailed rambling by now....Snitches get stitches right? least that's how it's supposed to go, but I guess in my case they were to oust me as a liar and lock my family for life. Some fucking sense of justice right in these things am I right?"

Ivindri (Ivin)

Interactions:
Axeykins Axeykins

Ivin listened to Yves' story with interest. He wondered what his last name was to find out more about his family, but he decided not to pry any more for now. "I see" He said. "Well I suppose I should hold up my end of the deal. Ill spare you all the bloody details for another time but.... Let's just say that twenty six men walked into an abandoned warehouse... And two came out... Me and one other guy..." Satisfied with his vague answer, he chuckled and added: "But then the other guy got hit by a buss while running from me. Hope that satisfied your curiosity. But I think your story was much more interesting." He touched a finger to his mark and traced it down to his neck. He thought about being fair and telling more detail to Yves since he shared quite a bit more detail than Ivin did. But then he decided against it, seeing as he had only just met this person. He put his hands in his pockets and said to Yves before he could ask any more questions: "I've probably wasted enough of your time as it is. You should run along to your seminar before you're missed. Hope it goes well." He took out his lighter and lit his cigarette again. "And one more thing. If you ever want to talk again or need something.... Taken care of... Just ask around the alleys for me. There are people who know how to reach me." He took a puff of his cigarette and waved a small goodbye. "Hope everything goes well for you. See ya around sometime."

"Oh damn! I do really need to get going. Thank you for listening through most of it. Many don't want to hear a single word of it from me. And also thank you for sharing." He forced a chuckle out. He did not quiiiite expect that level of carnage in a story from running into someone. Thank the stars for not being like the rest of his family of hot heads. "It will be handy in my studies and papers on the marks. In one way or another. Hopefully making them listen this time around but eeeeh we shall have to see about that. Once branded a liar always deemed the insufferable liar." He shook his head. "As for the offer of a talk or help I'll keep that in mind. Though I have plenty who will make it plenty easy to find you too. As well as extend the offer in return. If you ever find yourself in a bind or needing something, just send word out in the alleys that LeGrange's grandkid put in a good word for you." Without missing a beat he headed off finally.Tightening the latches and strap of the case with an extra bit of security. He was going to be so late now. Was it worth it? Probably not but it was nice to get it all out judgement free for once, particularly before going to be judged by his peers soon.

God. Damn. It.
Yves fumed as he fiddled with the clasps of his briefcase as he poured over his documents. Waiting at the table of the quirky little cat cafe for his apple crumbler and hot chocolate with as many additions as he could legally get on it to be served. He needed a pick me up and where else to go but his most treasured eatery. Drown himself in a sugary coma surrounded by loads of felines.

Again....he should have figured it would happen again. Just one minute late, a single minute and they lock him out. Shut the whole seminar down and lock him out. Tell him to come back and schedule it for another day. Sure, as if it hadn't taken months to get this singular time to come and speak and show his works. Months purely of nonsensical due processing and dodging his calls and visits simply because of his perceived reputation. Just because of his stupid face.
Whatever, he'd get it planned again. He had to his findings were crucial to helping better things for them all. Whether they truly listened to him or not he'd get it out there somehow. Edging ever closer to an answer to the marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back