Mario Zuko – ATAC
Build: Rugged and Stocky
Weight: 190 lbs
Ma: 23 75% Trust/Intimidate +1 from level advancement level 3
Ps: 24 +9 in HtH combat
Pp: 27 +6 to Strike, Parry and Dodge +1 from level advancement level 2, 4
Pe: 20 +3 to Save vs. Magic/Poison
Pb: 14 +1 from level advancement level 5
Natural Aptitude Bonus: Charismatic/Charmer: +3 to MA
Hit Points: 39
Action Points: 8 / 7
Bonus Action Points: 2
Number of Attacks: 6
Roll With Punch: +5
Pull Punch: 0
Horror Factor: +3 to Save
+4 to Maintain Balance
Critical Strike From Behind
Critical Strike on a natural 18-20
+2 to Hand to Hand DamageNumber of Attacks: 4
Roll with Punch: +3
Maintain Balance: +2
Critical Strike from Behind
In the Hover Tank
Number of Attacks: 8
Strike: +11 / +13 with the EU-11
Dodge: +15 / +17 in Transport Mode from Combat Driving
Roll With Punch: +6
Pull Punch: +4
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Spartas Hover Tank
M.D.C. by location:
Sensor Head – 85
Arms (2) – 150 each
Hands (2) – 50 each
*Arm Shields (2) – 500 each
Legs (2) – 260 each
Main Vectored Thruster – 120
**Outboard Thrusters (2) – 75 each
Main Cannon – 150
Triple Barreled Ion Cannon – 100
EU-11 Gun Pod – 100
Reinforced Pilot’s Compartment – 150
***Main Body – 475
*Destroying an arm shield renders the weapon housed inside it inactive and exposes the arm to damage.
**The outboard thrusters are only deployed in Transport mode. Destroying one reduces speed and bonuses to dodge in transport mode by one third. Destroying both reduces speed by 66% leaves the Hover Tank uncontrollable (-70% to piloting skill), and the vehicle cannot be operated in transport mode until the outboard thrusters are repaired or replaced.
***Destroying the main body renders the mecha completely inoperable.
Transport Mode: 100 mph (161 kph)
Tank/Guardian Mode: 8 mph (13 kph)
Battloid Mode: 70 mph (112 kph)
Leaping: 80 feet (24.4 m) straight up in all modes. 100 feet (30.5 m) lengthwise in Battloid and Guardian modes.
Flight: Can hover in the air up to 20 feet (6.1 m) high in Battloid and Tank/Guardian modes, and lands on its feet without damage when dropped from a height up to 500 feet (152 m). Typical altitude in Transport mode is 2-15 feet (0.6 to 4.6 m) off the ground, with thruster assisted “leap” up to 80 feet (24.4 m) high.
Height: 7.3 feet (2.25m)
Length: 19.6 feet (6m)
Width: 9 feet (2.7m)
Height: 14.7 feet (4.5m)
Length: 25.4 feet (7.75m)
Width: 7.3 feet (2.25m)
Height: 20.3 feet (6.2m)
Length: 6.5 feet (2m)
Width: 14.4 feet (4.4m)
Weight: 26.4 tons dry
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 42
Cargo: Just enough for a rifle and survival pack
1. MCR-68A1 105mm Cannon
Mounted in a retractable housing in the right arm shield, the 68A1 served well as the main weapon of the Hover Tank for years. While it is recommended that this weapon only be deployed in Tank/Guardian mode, it can also fire in Battloid mode. Using the cannon in Battloid mode is awkward (no bonuses to strike) and requires the Battloid to be braced against the recoil It was eventually replaced by the HPW-125A1 Particle Cannon on the VHT-1A1 variant.
Range: varies by ammunition as described below.
Mega-Damage: varies by ammunition. The cannon can fire the following kinds of rounds:
Armor-Piercing Fin-Stabilized Discarding Sabot (APFSDS). A round that uses a dart made of depleted uranium or tungsten to pierce enemy armor.
Range: 4 miles (6.4km)
Mega-Damage: 3d6x10 M.D.
High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT). A shell with a shaped charge warhead.
Range: 2.2 miles (3.52km)
Mega-Damage: 2d6x10 M.D.
Multi-Purpose Anti-Tank (MPAT). A HEAT round with an added proximity fuse to allow it to engage slow, low flying aircraft such as helicopters and for air bursts over targets.
Range: 2.2 miles (3.52km)
Mega-Damage: 2d6x10 to a 50 foot (15.2m) radius
Canister. A shell filled with tungsten shot that acts like a giant shotgun shell for use against building, dug-in infantry, and thin-skinned vehicles.
Range: 2,500 feet (762m)
Mega-Damage: 1d8x10 M.D. to everything within a 25 foot (7.62m) area up to half range, 1d4x10 to everything within 50 feet (15.24m) area at full range.
High Yield Incendiary (Plasma). An extremely lethal anti-personnel round filled with super heated plasma.
Range: 1.5 miles (2.4km)
Mega-Damage: 2d8x10 M.D. to everything in a 25 foot (7.6m) area from the initial blast. Sets all combustible substances ablaze and continues to burn, doing an additional 4d8 M.D. per minute for 1d6+1 minutes.
Smoke. These shells emit billowing clouds of thick smoke and are used primarily for cover and to mark target zones. They come in black, white, red, green, and yellow, and make a cloud big enough to obscure an area 100 feet (30.5m) across.
Range: 4,000 feet (1,219m)
Rate of Fire: Twice per melee round
Payload: 48 rounds
1a. HPW-125A1 Particle Cannon (VHT-1A1, VHT-1A3 variants).
This is the 125mm particle cannon that replaced the 105mm cannon in later model Hover Tanks. It fires a stream of charged particles over long distances and delivers a massive amount of kinetic, armor piercing damage. While not as versatile as the old cannon, the 125A1 performs extremely well against armored opponents. It also has the added advantage of not needing to carry ammunition, which reduces the operating weight of the Hover Tank. The main drawback of the weapon is that it is an energy hog, and reduces the Hover Tank’s speed by ten percent when active due to massive energy consumption.
Range: 8,000 feet (2,438.4m)
Mega-Damage: 2d10x10+20 M.D. per blast
Rate of Fire: Two times per melee round.
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Note: The Plasma Cannon delivers a massive stream of particles. The gun hits like a wrecking ball, and any mecha under 50 tons hit by a blast has a chance of being knocked down. When hit, the pilot must make a roll on the appropriate mecha piloting skill to keep his footing. Mecha that are knocked down lose initiative and one attack while they return to their feet.
2. MIW-20 Triple Barreled Ion Pulse Cannon. The MIW-20 is a 20mm, rapid fire ion pulse cannon. It is hard hitting and very accurate over short distances. This weapon is used as a close defense weapon to keep infantry and other mecha at bay, and can only be deployed in Tank/Guardian mode.
Range: 1,800 feet (548.6m)
Mega-Damage: 1d6x10 M.D. per three blast pulse.
Rate of Fire: Each pulse blast counts as one attack
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
3. EU-11 Gun Pod. The EU-11 is a 30mm high-intensity, selective fire laser gun pod capable of firing a single shot or five round burst. It has an integral laser targeting system and a collapsible stock and is powered by an internal capacitor that is charged by the Spartas’ engine. This weapon is accurate at very long ranges. The weapon is fixed forward in transport mode and carried in Battloid mode.
Weight: 250 pounds (112.5kg)
Range: 4,000 feet (1,219m)
Mega-Damage: 1d8 M.D. per single blast, 1d4x10 M.D. for a five round burst
ate of Fire: Each single blast or five round burst counts as one attack
Note: the EU-11 enjoys a +2 bonus to strike (in addition to other bonuses) thanks to its laser targeting system.
Payload: A fully charged capacitor is good for 140 single shots or 28 five round bursts. The capacitor charges at the rate of one blast every two minutes in its housing, and an empty capacitor takes over three hours to charge in full.
4. Hand to Hand Combat.
Restrained Punch/Forearm Shield: 1d6 M.D.
Full-Strength Punch or Shield Strike: 3d6 M.D.
Power Punch: 1d6x10 M.D. Counts as two attacks.
Tear/Pry/Crush with Hands: 1d8 M.D.
Stomp: 2d6 M.D. against targets less than 10 feet (3m) tall
Kick: 5d8 M.D.
Leap Kick: 1d8x10. Counts as two attacks.
Body Block/Ram: 2d6 M.D. per 20 mph (32km) of speed. Uses two attacks and has a 60% chance of knockdown against targets up to 50% bigger. Victims of a successful knockdown lose initiative and two melee attacks.
Bonuses from Mecha Elite Combat Training (MECT): +1 attack per melee round at levels 1, 3, 6, 10, and 14, +2 on initiative, +2 to strike with cannon and long-range weapons, +3 to strike (applies to punches and kicks), +4 to parry, +3 to dodge, +3 to disarm, +4 to pull punch, and +3 to roll with impact. The pilot’s own number of hand to hand attacks and bonuses (if any) are combined with these when piloting the mecha.
VHT-1S Command Variant
Enhanced sensors in this model of tank provide the following additional bonuses to the squadron:
+1 to initiative, +2 to strike, and +1 to parry and dodge for all members of the squadron within one mile (1.6km). This roll requires a roll on the Sensory Equipment skill at a -10% penalty due to the chaos of combat.
Systems of Note
1. Radar that can track airborne targets to a range of 40 miles and ground targets out to 10 miles depending on terrain. The radar can track up to 25 targets at once.
2. Combat computer
3. Communications suite with a powerful encrypted military band radio. Has both wide band and directional signals with a range up to 200 miles.
4. Passive nightvision with a range up to 1,200 feet
5. Thermal imager with a range of 800 feet
6. Infrared sensor that allows the mecha to se in the IR spectrum. Range is 500 feet.
7. Tactical camera that can record up to 180 minutes of video
8. Motion sensor detects objects within 1500 feet.
9. Headlights that works in the visible light band.
10. Distress beacon with a range of 250 miles
11. Smoke dispenser that has six charges and make a cloud of thick, white smoke 60 feet across.
12. Chaff/Flare dispenser with six charges. Has a 75% chance to confuse both heat seeking and radar guided missiles.
LEVEL ADVANCEMENT BONUSES - Tae Kwon Do
Attacks per Melee: 4
Escape Moves: Roll with Impact, Maintain Balance.
Basic Defensive Moves: Dodge, Parry, Automatic Parry.
Advanced Defenses: Multiple Dodge, Power Block/Parry (does damage!), Automatic Roll, Breakfall.
Hand Attacks: Strike (Punch), Knife Hand, Backhand, Palm Strike, Duo-Fist Strike.
Basic Foot Attacks: Kick Attack, Snap Kick Roundhouse Kick, Backward Sweep, Reverse Turning Kick (Combination Dodge/Kick), Drop Kick (Combination Fall/Dodge/Kick). GM: I am adding "Side Kick". A linear kick using most of the major muscle groups of the leg and gluteus maximus, this attack does d10 damage.
Jumping Foot Attacks: Jump Kick, Flying Jump Kick, Flying Reverse Turning Kick.
Special Attacks: Death Blow, Leap Attack, Combination Grab/Kick, Butjapgo Chagi (Special! One opponent is grabbed and another is kicked simultaneously. Only take one melee action, but requires two successful Strike Rolls (sic). Does 1D6 to the oponent grabbed and 2D6 damage to the opponent kicked).
Weapon Katas: None.
Level Advancement Bonuses
1st - +2 to Maintain Balance, Critical Strike from Behind.
2nd - +2 to Roll with Impact. +2 to Damage.
3rd - +1 Attack per round
4th - +2 to Parry, +2 to Dodge, Critical Strike on natural roll of 18 or higher.
5th - +2 to Maintain Balance, +1 to Strike
6th - +2 to Roll with Impact, +1 to Damage
7th - +1 Attack per round
8th - +1 to Parry, +1 to Dodge, Knock-Out/Stun on natural roll of 18 or higher.
9th - +1 Attack per round, +2 to Maintain Balance.
10th - +2 to Roll with Impact, +1 to Initiative, +1 Strike, +1 to Damage.
11th - +1 to Strike, +1 to Damage
12th - +1 to Parry, +1 to Dodge, Death Blow on natural roll of 19 or higher.
13th - +1 Attack per round, +1 to Maintain Balance.
14th - +1 to Roll with Impact, +1 to Damage.
15th - +1 to Initiative, +1 to Strike, +1 to Damage.
1st - 3 attacks per melee, +2 to Parry, +2 to Strike, +2 to Maintain Balance, +1 to Dodge, Critical Strike from Behind
2nd - +1 attack per melee, +2 to Roll With Punch
3rd - Knockout/Stun on a Natural 19-20
4th - +2 Damage, Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
5th - +1 attack per melee, +2 to Maintain Balance
6th - +1 attack per melee, +1 to Strike
7th - +1 to Strike, +1 to Initiative, +1 to Damage
8th - +1 to Maintain Balance, +1 to Roll With Punch
9th - +1 attack per melee
10th - +1 to Maintain Balance, +2 to Parry/Dodge
11th - +1 attack per melee
Common Skill Set
Language – English: 94% +1%
Literacy – English: 96% +2%
Computer Operation: 92% +3%
Mathematics – Basic: 92% +3%
Pilot Automobile: 96% +2%
Pilot Hover Cycle and Hover Vehicles: 98%
Land Navigation: 76% +4%
Military Etiquette: 70% +5%
MECT Ground Veritechs (All)
Pilot Ground Veritechs (All): 94% +5%
Pilot Tanks and APCs: 92% +4%
Radio – Basic: 90% +5%
Weapon Systems: 80% +5% +1 with Vehicle Weapons
WP Energy Pistol +1 to Strike at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15.
WP Energy Rifle +1 to Strike at levels 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15.
Hand to Hand: Martial Arts – Tae Kwon Do
MOS Skills – Communications Specialist
Advanced Electronic Warfare: 75% +5%
Basic Electronics: 65% + 5%
Computer Repair: 65% +5%
Cryptography: 60% +5%
Electronic Countermeasures: 75% +5%
Laser Communications: 70% +5%
Sensory Equipment: 70% +5%
Language – Zentraedi: 75% +5%
Secondary MOS Skills – Armorer
Basic Mechanics: 90% +5%
Field Armorer/Munitions Expert: 80% + 5%
Mecha Engineering: 65% +5%
Optic Systems: 65% +5%
Salvage: 75% +5%
Vehicle Armorer: 75% +5%
Weapons Engineer: 65% +5%
Bonus OCC Related Skills
Navigation Retrained for Tai Kickboxing at level five
Body Building Retrained for Tai Kickboxing At level five
3 spent to upgrade to HtH Tae Kwon Do
Level 2: WP Heavy MD Weapons +1 to Strike at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, 13, 15
Level 3: Gymnastics
--Sense of Balance: 58% +3
--Work Parallel Bars and Rings: 66% +3
--Back Flip: 74% +2
--Prowl: 40% +5
--Climbing: 35% +5
--Climb Rope/Rappel: 64% +2
Level 4: Demolitions Retrained for Tai Kickboxing At level five
Level 5: Tai Kickboxing
Military Tactics +10
Detect Ambush +10 from Military Tactics
Detect Concealment +10 from Military Tactics
Recognize Weapon Quality +10
Equipment of Note:
German Sheppard photo from VHT
LP-3 Laser Pistol
A handgun available to RDF elite.
Weight: 1 1/2 pounds (.7 kg)
Range: 200 feet.
S.D.C. Damage: 4d6 per blast. Does not inflict Mega-Damage
Rate of Fire:
Payload: 10 shot E-clip.
1. CBR Mk. 2E Heavy Armor
M.D.C. by Location:
Helmet - 45
Arms (2) - 30 each
Legs (2) - 50 each
Main Body - 105
Weight: 25 pounds (11.25 kg).
Movement Penalties: -15% penalty on skills requiring flexibility and mobility such as Swimming, Climbing, Acrobatics, Escape Artist, etc., and reduces running speed by 10%.
2. Choice of shield type:
Heavy Shield: 55 M.D.C. Weight: 15 pounds (6.75 kg), -10% to skills that require manual dexterity (Pick Locks, Demolitions, Field Surgery, etc.) +2 to parry.
3. Your sidearm is the IPP-5H Heavy Ion Pulse Pistol. You begin with 3 E-clips (two on your hip, one in the weapon), holster, 2 magazine pouches, and cleaning kit.
IPP-5H Heavy Ion Pulse Pistol
With a wider barrel and higher capacity energy regulator than the standard IPP-5, the IPP-5H has nearly twice the penetration and stopping power of its smaller sibling.
Range: 600 feet
Mega Damage: 2d6 MD for a single blast, 6d6 MD for a three round burst
Payload: 21 single shots or 7 bursts.
HLW-6 Heavy Laser Squad Support Weapon with Infrared Targeting Scope
The first successful energy Squad Assault Weapon (SAW) built by the ASC designers.
Range: 4,000 feet
Mega Damage: 1d4x10+5 MD for a rapid fire burst
Payload: Six bursts per magazine. A wearable power pack can also be connected to the HLW-6 to extend its capacity. The power pack is a rechargeable, high output capacitor that connects to the rear of a trooper’s utility belt or beneath a standard daypack or combat patrol pack. It holds enough energy for an additional 20 bursts.
Note: A PS of at least 17 is needed or must have the WP Heavy MD Weapons skill to use this weapon without penalty. All others are -3 to strike. IR Scope adds a +1 to Strike and lets me fight in the dark.
Current Payload: 10 magazines in two bandoliers.
4. Tactical Jump Pack (requires no skill proficiency to operate; only practice. Your characters are experienced in its use having been trained here on Eglin ASC base). Can jump 200 feet up or 450 across, and by combining running and jumping, can hit a speed of 60mph carrying 350 lbs.
5. Survival Knife
6. 2 Cobalt Grenades - 3d6 MDC damage, 15 foot blast radius
7. 2 smoke grenades (one yellow, one red)
8. 4 flares
9. Two sets of duty fatigues
10. One dress uniform
11. Survival pack (includes 4 packs of Meals Ready to Eat or M.R.E.s and a 2-liter air-tight canteen).
12. Binoculars (small, compact)
1. Describe your butt. (Small? Flat? Round and healthy? Be honest!)
2. List your close family with a heartfelt description of each.
3. Discuss your favorite mecha and why it is your favorite.
4. Discuss our least-favorite mecha along with your reasons.
5. Describe one of your favorite meals and why you like it.
6. What was the last song you really enjoyed?
7. If you could visit anywhere in Florida, where would it be?
8. If you could get a kiss from anyone, anywhere, who would it be?
9. If you could mind-control all of the Malcontents, what would you have them do?
10. Write down whatever is on your mind.
1. As a very physical person, I am quite confident that there is not more than a trace of unwanted body fat on my frame. My butt looks quite sexy, well rounded and quite firm. I'm sure that the ladies love watching me in my shorts as I walk away from them.
2. I don't know of a person still alive on this world that has not suffered a loss of a loved one at the hands of the Zentraedi. So many lives were lost; I must count myself lucky that so many of my own close family has come through this in one piece. My mother is Eliza Zuko, a civilian school teacher at Monument City, she has taught high school mathematics for years. As old as she is, she can still play the piano better than anyone else I know, and she always has a kind word to offer up to people. Dad is Kevin Zuko, born and raised in the old city of New York. When the SDF-1 came down, he signed up to be a Destroid pilot in the new UEG. He is now stationed in Monument City where he is now a Drill Sergeant, teaching a new generation of soldiers what it means to be Army in a post-Zentraedi world. He is a great role model for me, and I wake up every day with the goal to make dad proud of me. I had two siblings before the invasion, but sadly, my oldest brother Stan was a casualty of the Zentraedi assault on the SDF-1. Stan was a Valkyrie pilot, having volunteered while living as a refugee on the great ship. He was able to survive all the way through the trip back to Earth from Pluto, and was killed over Ontario when the main shield of the SDF-1 overloaded and blew up. His loss has hurt the family, but we consider ourselves lucky that we have had only one loss in the immediate family. I am the middle child, just one year older than my sister Marie Kramer. She is a married housewife, working on her own family with my brother-in-law Alex Kramer. Marie was the pampered princess of our family, and in the eyes of our father, she could do no wrong. We fought like cats and dogs in our younger days, but now, we are close friends with Marie constantly trying to hook me up with some friend of hers that she thinks I just 'have' to meet. I love my sister and would walk through fire to protect her from harm, and dad is no different. Not that I have to worry to much about her, though. Marie is a real fireball.
3. From the moment I first laid eyes on the Spartas, I was in love. Sleek lines and contours give the hover tank a visually pleasing view, and her small size hides a massive amount of armor and firepower, more than enough to make any Zentraedi think twice about crossing me while I'm at the controls of my rig. Hell, even the old Destroids have little on me when I'm going full out in combat.
4. My least favorite mecha would have to be any of the new Battloids that the ASC has come up with. Why should we even worry about having those rust-buckets when you have the ATAC on the job? Feh! Compared to a Spartas, none of them can stand up and face me, toe to toe, weather its in a urban environment or out in the field.
5. Steak and baked potatoes are, in my opinion, proof of a kind and loving God. There is something about a flame grilled hunk of dead cow that can bring a smile to my face no matter how bad of a day I'm having. That first bite is nothing less than Nirvana on a plate. Combine that with a spud with bacon and cheese, or even just butter, and you have yourself a meal fit for a king.
6. Music has always been a big part of my life. I'm talking the classics of rock, not this bebop crap that the kids listen to now days. The latest song that I've heard on my Ipod is Norman Greenbaum's Spirit in the Sky. Sweet.
7. Hard to say where I'd go to in Florida. I'm not much of a beach-goer, I'm not a retired old man, and I've never been interested in Disney World. Mickey Mouse is just a six foot rat, for crying out loud. What else is there to do there?
8. Gillian Anderson. Hands down, she has got the most sexy, deep, husky voice of any woman I've ever heard. That lady can just whisper in my ears and that would be more than enough to get my interest, if you know what I mean. The fact that she is still gorgeous doesn't hurt anything, either.
9. The Zentraedi are so uptight and focused on being this awesome warrior race, and in the past, they were awesome and dominated every field of combat that they come across. Then they come to Earth, and we spank their bitch-asses from one end to the other. If I ever had the chance, I wouldn't kill them off, but instead, embarrass the hell out of them. Make them do something totally contrary to the image they are working on of the Ultimate Warrior Race. Perhaps have a gigantic (pun intended) My Little Pony-themed tea party.
10. I'm a simple guy with simple needs and goals. My career as a soldier is my life, but someday, I'll find that someone special to share my life with. Probably a fellow soldier, since I don't have much time for a someone that is not willing to step up and do their part to help protect the Earth and rebuild the damage done by the Zentraedi. Raise a few kids, and finally, at a ripe old age, I'll retire as a high ranking officer of the Tank Corps, talked about in the same historical reverence as fellow tankers Rommel and Patton. Someday, all that will happen, but for now, I'm just working on being the very best that I can be.
Born and raised in New York City, Mario Louis Zuko was a youngster when his father was assigned to be a Destroid pilot on Macross Island. The whole family was relocated to the small island in the South Pacific, and when the Zentraedi began their attack, they were all swept up in the SDF-1's botched Fold Space, and then the young boy spent the next year as a passenger on the great ship as they flew back home. Mario's time on the flagship of the UEG inspired him to join in the armed forces as soon as he was old enough.
Starting his career in the communications branch of the Army, Mario decided to stay on Earth when the UEEF was being formed to go off world, and in order to make the best use of his skills, he requests a transfer into the newly formed Army of the Southern Cross and began cross training in the Armor Corps as a tanker and field armorer. When he's not working on keeping the mecha in his squad up and running, he is the electronic voice to link the team together with Command and Control.
In his time in the ATAC, he has truly come into his own as a soldier. While he had already passed one set of Basic Training in the Army, his skills and physical abilities were brought to a whole new level due to the intensity of his training. At this point in his life, Mario is a model soldier. He has his sights set high, and doesn't want to do anything to put his career desires in peril.