Marauders in Mirstone

Sora Z. Lachance

After allow two new members to join Sora said nothing as he continued to steer the ship his eyes on the marine vessels that had been on either side of his.  Now had he gone straight ahead through them, the ships may have stopped or simply fired at him due to the lack of a merchant or otherwise friendly flag.  However!  His ship wasn't the only to try and go through the blockade at this point, using the other ships well it was easy to slip through (though he did have to admit he had to depend on some luck as well).  Once the crew had reached a point where the marines couldn't reach them, and when they were safe from the huge wave that was created from the explosion.  Sora let out a sigh of relief and patted the wheel of his ship.  "I knew I didn't miss name you~"  He said with a proud grin as he moved away from wheel pretty confident that the ship would stay its course for the time being.  

Jumping over the railing which was infront of the wheel to the deck below he looked around and couldn't help but grin as the wind went through his hair.  Then something caught his attention and looked over at Cait as she started to play her music.  This music only stood to increased his delighted mood, not only was the guitar music beautiful, but the vocals that went with it were brilliant!  He walked to the railing and leaned against it as he looked straight at the horizon while Albi let out squeaks of joy as she did her best to sing along with Cait.   Chuckling a bit he papped the small creature on its head before closing his eyes simply enjoying the rest of the song to its fullest.

Once it was done he let out a sigh and turned to face the crew pushing off the railing a bit he took a deep breath.  "Since several of you decided to join me at the last possible second I think its best to get names out of the way!"  One hand on his hip and the other simply hanging to his side he placed a smile on his face while he addressed his entire crew.  "I am the Captain of this marvelous ship!  Sora Z. Lachance~  This is my partner Albi~ The ship you escaped on is none other than the Lucky Nova!"  His voice rang with so much pride not only for his own name but the name he had long since bestowed upon the ship he loved.   "Those who don't know what they have gotten themselves into don't worry.  My first destination is to an island less than a week from here to get more supplies.  If you don't want to stay on my ship feel free to leave once we dock again....unless of course you feel like swimming to the next island."  His eyes shortly flashed to Syrin remembering the other talking of how he didn't seem to want to remain longer than needed.

After saying this however his eyes moved back to the rest of the crew members.  "For those that wish to stay, I'll warn you once so you can't blame me for what I'm about to dive head first into~"  Closing his eyes and cocking his head to the side he smiled.  "My goal is to get none other than the fabled One Piece and become King of the Pirates~ Sticking with me will mean you will be entering the Grand Line and you have to be willing to put your life on the line as well as any possible dreams you may have.  For the adventure I fully intend to embark on."  After saying this he opened his eyes once more his smile still a friendly and inviting one remained on his face. 

"To those planning to stay.... I can't wait to get to know you better."  Balling one hand into a fist he punched his other open hand and held them in front of his chest.  "No matter what your dream, or goal is in life.  Lets have a grand adventure!  From this point on!  Anyone that plans to stay on my ship and under my command!!  You will be part of the Red Wave Pirates!!!" 

@shadowdude505 @Felix @AllHailDago @Azure Sky @AtlannianSpy @Will @Exanis @JR260 @Mitchs98

Sétanta Igramo'El

For the third time in a way too short period Seth woke up from a state of deep trance. Or in a coma, whatever you wanna call it. It was also not the first time in the last few days that Seth felt that he forgot something really important. Must have been the hit he took to the head. Or just your crazy brain, I don’t know. He moved his hands over the thing he was lying in, some sort of hammock. Somebody must have placed him their when he was out cold.

He got up from his hammock. It was still dark in his room, but his eyes quickly adjusted. He heard some growling noise coming from underneath him. He looked down. Panda-sensei! He almost fell out of his hammock onto the big fury panda that was sleeping underneath him, but regained his stability just in time. It would probably have been comfortable for Seth. Not so much for his idol though. He looked around the room and saw that there were quite some hammocks hanging around. Most were filled as well. The ship probably wasn’t meant for this many assailants.

He recognized the drunk dude and the lab coat guy from the fight, but the other three guys were new. Oh, and Sora was also there of course with his adorable pet mink. Well … can’t do without a few boring people. You know you actually like the guy right, you just won’t admit it out loud. True, he was actually quite fond of the guy and his insecurities. Especially the insecurities, those are comic gold mines. Still with the split mind, eh? It’s annoying, just shut up, will ya? No, you shut up. No, you should. I will not, you bastard. A sharp pain went through his brain. Yes, deep fried please! ‘Shut up!’ the other two voices screamed in unison. His head was throbbing. He really needed some fresh air right now.

He got to the side of his hammock and started climbing down to the floor. Criii! The plank on which he landed creaked. He looked around to make sure he woke nobody. They all looked so peaceful right now, which would become a rare sight with Seth on board. His eyes suddenly fell on a sacred item (judging by the way it was laid down): A pair of shoes with a gash in it. They were lying next to one of the new guys. It was really tempting to steel them. Not that Seth ever put shoes on his feet, but just because the guy apparently cared a lot about them. However, he had no idea how dangerous the guy would be when he was pissed, so he decided to put the idea aside. At least for now.

He tiptoed towards the door, being as silent as possible so that the others wouldn’t wake up. He got to the stairs and climbed it as silent as a cat would have. Meanwhile he was trying to find the piece of crucial information he had lost. The only problem was that he forgot what he had to remember. Pok! Seth hit his head against the door leading outside. Somehow it just clicked inside. He knew what he had to remember again. He started shouting: ‘Everyone! Get up!’ He didn’t take time to go back to properly wake them. Instead he got to the mast and started climbing. 'We need to go away as fast as possible. Big Marine Ships are advancing towards Mirstone!’ He was almost at the top now, ready to look for gaps in the marine’s blockade. ‘Doesn’t this ship have a super booster or something? What are you all waiting fo…’

He had reached the top and finally understood why they were all still sleeping. The horizon was empty. The light of the moon was reflected upon the calm sea. His crew must've dealt with it while Seth was knocked out. Seth started to realize just how lucky he got with his new crew. These people knew how to escape a marine blockade. They hadn’t even needed his guidance. Not that he could have given any, since he was, you know, not really in a state in which he could hand out orders. He heard some noises downstairs of angry crew mates who were roughly interrupted in their rest. Contentedly, Seth looked at the stars. Well, so much for the nice and quiet. Time for adventure!

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=11.5pt]Epilogue.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]As Scarlet replied, there was a huge flash in the distance - where Mirestone once stood. The reporter ran to the back of the ship and as the vessel sailed away from the doomed island, her eyes filled with tears. There were no survivors, that much was obvious. All those lives of the people she had met; the bartenders, the villagers to the crews. Their lives and the island was now nothing. And for what? Was this the Justice the World Government spoke of?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]"Is this? ...what...?" Rena was speechless; one hand to her mouth, the other gripping the rail with such ferocity that she felt as if it would give under her pressure. A torrent of emotions swirled through her but through it all one word nagged at her. Impartial. Even though her heart swelled with rage, grief, and horror; her eyes took in every last scene. She would find an artist and make sure they could accurately draw what was in her head. Her notepad came out and she jotted down the details; how many ships, the estimated size of the explosion, the estimated number of casualties. Perhaps a piece on the boy she met there would add a little....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Tears dropped onto her notepad and she broke down. Her heart screamed for the victims as did her voice. Just once, Rena you can indulge. Just once.[/SIZE]

Arlen and Nerissa

Arlen slowly opened his eyes, the sound of his mother’s voice lingering at the edge of his mind. It was a lullaby she used sing to him as a child, before he’d become the Leviathan. Back when he’d been considered the child of a monster. It’d been a long time since he’d thought about those days—let alone dream of the song. Groaning, the dark skinned teenager pushed himself into a sitting position, the a wet cloth falling from his forehead as he did so.

“You’re finally awake.”

He glanced towards Lady Nerissa who as seated beside his bed, holding an open book in her hands. The book was shut when she noticed where his eyes had strayed. “What happened? How’d I get here?”

The last thing he was remembered was being knocked out by the marine. Ken Tanaka…or something along those lines. Arlen wasn’t exactly sure. He’d thought he’d heard the marine speaking to him before he blacked out…but then the words were a bit jumbled. Something, something, Ken Tanaka. Something, something, not the last time we’ll be seeing each other.

“Ryuu brought you to the Charybdis, Cletus carried your room, and Shannon helped to take care of you.”

“Who?”

“Shannon is the crew’s new doctor. Ryuu was the one that defeated you, I think.”

Huh?

“No, no. The one I fought was Ken Tanaka.”

“Oh?”

“That’s what he said.” Probably.

“Hmm…,”

Arlen shook his head, running his hand through his white hair while Nerissa seemed to ponder his statement. Was Tanaka someone with multiple identities? God, that’s confusing. You’d think one name would be enough for a person.

“Anyway, be sure to thank Shannon when you get the chance,” Nerissa picked up the wet cloth and placed it in a bowl of cool water. “We’ve also acquired some new crewmates. It'd be good if you got to know them.”

Arlen nodded absent-mindedly, though his thoughts were elsewhere—namely his fight against Ken. Master Sukkhan would have been ashamed of his poor performance. Even if his opponent were stronger than him, Arlen could’ve at least put up a better fight…had he not been conceited. Everything had been going fine, taunting his opponent to attack him wasn’t a bad plan per say. He’d simply underestimated the strength of his opponent’s blow—which was indeed a mistake. However, his real mistake came when Arlen had his grip on Ken’s leg. At that moment, he’d been so sure he’d won. So sure Ken couldn’t escape his grip—which he took immense pride in—that he lost. He didn’t see the kick coming, even though he should have. Ken’s movements were fast, but not untraceable.

He should have let go and dodged.

Weaved around his opponent more, waiting for good opportunity to strike.

He’d shown none of the fighting style that the Mirage Islanders were known for. As the Leviathan, he’d showcased his homeland poorly. If he’d performed like that in a competition, he wouldn’t blame the chieftans for stripping him of his title. He’d shamed Aquarius. Not that he was much a strong believer of the Water, like many of the Islanders, but even he was aware of the historical/cultural significance of the Leviathan in Mirage Island…      

“Are you brooding?” Nerissa’s amused tone made Arlen look up.

“Not really,” Arlen half-lied. “Just analyzing my fight with the marine. Thinking what I could’ve done better.”

He didn’t like the knowing look in Lady Nerissa’s face. Her smile was gentle and she ruffled his hair. Ruffled. If she weren’t the Priestess of Water, he would’ve swatted her hand away.

“It’s good that you are thinking of ways to improve, but there’s no need to be so hard on yourself. Take your time. There’s no shame in losing a fight.”

“Is that a part of Aquarius’s teachings?”

“It should be. Aquarius is a benevolent God after all.”

Arlen laughed. The response was very Nerissa-like. “I’ll keep that in mind.” Not that he planned losing again. No. He would not settle for a loss. Arlen would grow stronger. Then, when the opportunity arose, he would challenge the annoying marine again. But this time he would win. Stretching, Arlen glanced through a porthole beside his bed. He could see that the Charybdis was moving…getting further and further away from what appeared to be a barricade of vessels. The island also seemed to be...flaming. “Everything worked out then?”

“Yes,” Nerissa replied, the pride evident in her voice. “Captain Scarlet stole a merchant’s flag and we used that to get past the marines. There was no fighting whatsoever.”

“I see,” Looks like he didn’t miss much. “That’s good. To be honest, I didn’t think it would work out so well. Kaito made it back safely?”

“No. Both he and Skorrigg decided to swim different waters.”

“Come again?”

“They’ve decided to leave the Red Ribbon Pirates and part ways with us.”

Arlen was silent for a moment. Then he spoke. “Do you think it was a good idea? Joining the Red Ribbon Pirates?”

“Only Aquarius knows what the future holds,” Nerissa said, getting to her feet. Nerissa slipped the book into her satchel and made her way to the room’s exit. “But I think that by traveling with Scarlet and the Red Ribbons, I’ll be able to experience the vastness of the sea and learn many things that I’ve not known while living in Mirage Island.” Stopping at the door, Nerissa turned and smiled at Arlen, her eyes twinkling. “Just as you have.”

Then she was gone.  

Sighing, Arlen threw his head back against the pillows. Indeed the world beyond Mirage Island was vast. It was the first time he’d experienced such a lost since leaving the island. He’d forgotten what it felt like to lose. It wasn't a fun feeling.

“Ken Tanaka…” To think he would find an outsider who would give him such a challenge. There were probably others as well. Would he meet even more strong people if they stayed with the Red Ribbons? The edges of Arlen’s lips curved upward. He’d have to start over from the beginning if he wanted to defeat such people. Back to when he strove to be the Leviathan. Back to when he was a competitor whose goal had been to be the best. Oddly, the thought didn’t upset him as much as he thought it would.      

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread