Marauders in Mirstone

Captain: Scarlet Johanna Indigrid

Cook: Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi

(Family)            (Middle)           (Given)

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Wasabi was not worried about getting off the island or what might happen if the marines caught him. After all, it was his intention to be noticed by the marines. Despite this fact, he decided to join Scarlet on the ship she had mentioned. Being found on his own was one thing. Joining an actual pirate crew and causing bigger trouble would draw even more attention, so it was a smart decision anyway.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Wasabi quickly angled his little sen toward the ship Scarlet had mentioned, paddling up alongside the ship, he reached behind him for a rope. Tying a rock on the end of the rope, he slung it through two loopholes on either side of his boat before tossing it up over the edge of the larger ship’s railing. Then he slung the bag with his belongings onto his back and grabbed the end of the rope that had fallen through the railing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]The figure dressed in black climbed up the rope with ease. Swinging around the railing, he turned back to the boat he had left and began to pull on the end of the rope he had secured it with. The little cormorant vessel rose out of the water. Near the end of the rope, the boat scratched against the wood of the other ship. That’s when Wasabi reached out and flipped it on the side, using the rest of the rope to secure his little cormorant vessel to the side of the pirate ship. Once this had been done, he turned to see what sort of people were about the ship. He hoped there wasn’t another silly cook aboard this one too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Scarlet, meanwhile, had just finished barking out a set of orders designed to get the ship underway. Much to her dismay, it seemed a few members of her crew were either hurt or not quite around. She could’ve swore she remembered Jasper saying everyone was on board, though, so she didn’t hesitate to start moving things along herself. Spinning on her heels, she started heading towards the anchor when she noticed a slightly familiar face. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“So you did come!!” [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]Scarlet proclaimed. She recognized the rice hat that he wore more than she recognized any other part of him, but that was more than enough. Maintaining an eager jubilance, Scarlet extended her hand to him.[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“I’m Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid! Welcome aboard! You made it just in time, you know.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Wasabi stared at the hand in front of him for a moment before shaking it. People usually did that sort of thing to check if the other had a weapon up their sleeve, which he did. Of course he had no intention of using it on the crew, and he figured Scarlet wouldn’t mind, seeing as he had a few visible weapons on his person as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Cook Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi,” [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]began Wasabi,[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] “Thank you for the invitation. I must admit that I do not yet know the craft of sailing on such a large craft. So I would have to learn to be of any major assistance. That being said, is there anything someone as myself could do to assist the crew?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Scarlet’s eyes went wide when he mentioned that he was a cook because as far as her mental tab on what everyone could do had said, they seriously didn’t have one of those yet. They had Jasper, and he’d been cooking their meals since she and him had set sail together, but Scarlet already knew that he would be more helpful if he could actually be on deck and helping her out. Wasabi’s following question almost seemed incredulous to Scarlet as she tried to think of an honest reply. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“You can cook!” [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]she exclaimed rather loudly. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“You can [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]most definitely [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]be our cook, Wantanabe! We don’t have one of those yet. Everyone else can help keep the ship moving.” [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]Her smile was bright and clearly excited. For a moment, she had quite honestly forgotten about the fact that she’d been intending to do something.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“That does seem to be a fair tradeoff,” [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]agreed Wasabi,[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“However, there’s one thing I must tell you. Watanabe is my family name. So unless you intend on calling me Mr. Watanabe or Cheff Watanabe all the time, I’d recommend just calling me by my given name, Wasabi.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Wasabi? Ok then. Welcome to the Red Ribbon Pirate crew Wasabi!” [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]Scarlet nodded as though she was affirming her own words and then she continued. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“We’re getting ready to leave this island. Would you mind cutting the rope that ties us to the dock?”[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]She’d finally gotten it back into her head that she had things to do. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Jasper can show you the kitchens later.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Wasabi gave a slight bow in affirmation before looking over to the rope she had mentioned. Then he pulled out a fingerless glove with a metal palm and slipped it on his left hand. Then, in a sudden flash, he flicked something out of a pocket and it went spinning in an odd arc. What was most surprising was the fact that it began to arc back the way it had come, slicing through the rope in the process before Wasabi threw out his hand and caught it. Then with a flick, whatever it was had disappeared again. Turning back to the Captain, he said, [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“The rope is cut. May I ask, is there a reason we are called the Red Ribbon Pirates?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]As Wasabi cut the rope, Scarlet was putting her effort into raising the anchor. Although she may not have been the strongest in the bunch, she knew her way around a ship well enough and could manage such a task. However, not without a subtle grimace from the wound in her leg that Shannon had patched up moments ago. Once that was done, the ship was in motion, catching the wind and moving at it’s speed. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Her attention returned to Wasabi. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Good!”[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]she affirmed and then moved on to his next question, one which she answered by reaching into her hair and flipping out the edges of the red ribbon that was always wrapped around her ponytail. It had been a gift from her mother, someone who she still wanted to return home to someday although a journey to find the One Piece was pushing that someday further and further back. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Because it works for us,” [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]she replied, not feeling the need to go into any more detail than that. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Without any further hesitation, Scarlet turned to address the whole crew again. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“Attention everyone! We’ve got a new doctor - Shannon!”[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]She waved her hand towards the snow leopard mink who was tending to Cletus. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“And we’ve got a new cook named Wasabi!”[/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.6667px]Her arm swung around to gesture to Wasabi. [/SIZE][SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]“First we’ve gotta get past those marine ships ahead and then we’ll set our course for the Grand Line and the One Piece!”[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]Wasabi gave a bow when he was addressed as a sign of respect and a sign of affirmation that Scarlet had gotten his name correct. It seemed she was a quick learner because she didn’t let the standard rules of society waste her time when something different showed itself. Most would get confused and then start asking questions. She just accepted it as it was. Either she had met people from his area before, or it simply didn’t bother her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]The first order of business was getting past the marine ships. Though Wasabi wouldn’t be much help with rigging, he remained on deck in case a chance presented itself for his boomerangs to be of service. After all, that’s why he was a wanted criminal in the first place. Of course, through all of this, the rice hat remained on his head. As of yet, no one on the crew had seen his face. Very few people ever did.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.6667px]And Scarlet was just excited because for the first time, the adventure seemed real. She had a crew, they were leaving the island, and they would sail the Grand Line. It was a wonder to imagine.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 14.666666666666666px]@AllHailDago@vergil@Felix@shadowdude505 @QuirkyAngel@Pequeno Burraidh[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR= rgb(166, 77, 121)]Laura Young[/COLOR] and Stacy Beauregard

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Laura had just finished introducing herself and was told she could join the crew. A woman, Ferra, was barking orders but most of it was going into one ear and out the other. When she said they could either run or fight, Laura was ready to fight. That's when the marines attacked. Cannonfire came in fast without warning. She turned quickly and saw the mast of the ship fall. When she heard the orders to head to the rafts, Laura almost protested but since she just joined the crew it was probably a bad time to do that. Excitement roared through her body. For many months she had been very depressed and her life was a bore but now with her adrenaline pumping she felt like nothing could stop her. She ran to the edge of the ship and climbed off into one of the rafts.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(166, 77, 121)]"Man, haven't had this much fun in a long time." [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]she said with a slight smile.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Stacy couldn't help but overhear the new girl's words and her eyes sharpened into an intense glare that seemed to spit daggers. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(70, 130, 180)]"Fun!? You think this is fun!?"[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] It was clear from her tone of voice that Stacy did not agree. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(70, 130, 180)]"What about prison for life? Do you think that is fun? I'm sure they'd catch you if I threw you overboard. Bounty or not, being seen with pirates has to be a crime of some kind or other."[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Laura shrugs. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(166, 77, 121)]"Don't have much to live for."[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] She really didn't have a set goal in life. It was a long shot on finding the One Piece and what was the point in finding it without a little adventure along the way. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(166, 77, 121)]"I don't want to get caught by all means, but I mean you gotta admit it's a little thrilling?"[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] She looked at her with a raised eyebrow.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Stacy was shaking her head before Laura even finished speaking. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(70, 130, 180)]"There is nothing thrilling about getting arrested for defending myself from assault and that's what threatens to happen every single time I encounter marines. This isn't some fiction adventure where nothing bad ever happens and I am not about to spend the rest of my life in jail because someone couldn't take things seriously." [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]The shipwright's eyes never softened as she spoke. Her resolve was firm. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Laura sighed at the woman's comment. She had to admit she was right. She really didn't want to get arrested either. She frowned a little. However telling her she wasn't taking this seriously ticked her off.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(166, 77, 121)]"Look, I am taking this seriously. I'm part of this crew now so I will do everything it takes to get everyone to safety with the best of my abilities. Now enough bickering. If we don't start doing something, we are good as caught or even worst." [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]she says looking into the woman's eyes.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Eyes narrowed upon Laura as Stacy's frustration only grew. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(70, 130, 180)]"And what have you done to try to get everyone to safety so far? You said nothing when the marines attacked. All you've done so far is say how much fun you're having. I'm sorry, sweetie, but your words have to match your actions or it doesn't count for shit."[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]After having had enough of that conversation, Stacy surveyed the people on the raft and figured they had everyone. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(70, 130, 180)]"Ferra!"[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] she called up to the former marine. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(70, 130, 180)]"I think we're good to go! Let's keep moving!" [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]After the last comment the woman turned away from Laura, which was fine on her part. She was trying her best. She had only been part of this crew for five seconds and she was already ready to punch someone. However this wasn't the time or place. She would keep to herself for now and try to adjust to the crew, but if this kind of things continued she wasn't going to hesitate to leave.[/COLOR]

Note: This post is made assuming that the character Aria has already gotten on the raft because permission was given to move along since Emilia is unable to post. 

Collab With: @MidnightStar

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]@Pequeno Burraidh @Sullivanity @Emilia[/COLOR]

Rena Heartwood

[SIZE=11.5pt]As soon as the ship started moving, so was Rena. She poked her head out onto the deck and looked around at all the unfamiliar faces. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]"Hi?" she said, "Uh sorry....I was hiding and couldn't hear anything. We're leaving?" Noticing the merchant flag, she immediately went to work.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]"Assuming we are just trying to get out of the way of the marine ships now and just praying to Oda that this works." Rena maneuvered the ship - it handled differently than the ones she was used to but it only took a minute or so to get the feel for her, "She handles well." She remarked to her Captain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]The marine ships loomed closer and Rena felt like Goldilocks - not too far and not too close. Like her first day of high school - try to be fashionable but don't stand out! Just act normal. Though now a days, as an adult, she couldn't care less - if she wanted to go to the market in her cat pyjamas, then dammit that's what she'll do!....Rena shrugged and calmed her anxiety down a notch. Just sail normally, don't worry about stuff that isn't going to make a difference. They've done everything they could - if the Marines are going to blow us out of the water, then it'll just happen. Yay.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]She pulled her cloth cap down instinctively as their ship lined up with the beasts of the Marine ships - one on either side ; it felt like they were an abused child sneaking past an alcoholic dad who was asleep on the couch. Just Sail the ship Rena, don't worry about anything else. Just sail....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]They passed the ship, but they were still well in range of their destructive cannonfire. She glanced over to the crew and gave a nervous smile. "Totally got this...." her knuckles were white on the steering and she felt like she couldn't let go.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]"Um...Captain....do...w-we have a d-destination?" she said barely audibly, then taking a large breath in and a slow breath out. "Do we have a destination Captain?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]You're going to have to buck up Rena if you want to do this![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@AllHailDago@Felix@shadowdude505 @QuirkyAngel@Pequeno Burraidh @DaughterofAthena[/SIZE]

Stacy Beauregard | Ferra McKlinnen | Garret Allistair

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Ferra's eyes were narrowed fiercely as she focused on the repetition in the cycle of reloading and letting loose round after round, doing her best to slow the process of the cannoneers. The problem, however, seemed to be that they were either figuring that whoever was firing was a bad shot or intentionally missing, as they were growing bolder and bolder in their movements. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Taking a moment to look back, she growled as she realised that not everyone was off the ship yet, and at the same time cursed as she turned back to see one of the cannons fire. Steeling herself, the woman didn't even flinch and the projectile hurled past the ship, missing but leaving a fearsome din echoing through Ferra's ears. Tuning it out, she continued to fire as a second ball came forth, this one shaking the ship as it struck somewhere along the front of the hull, likely blowing a hole right through it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Loading in another round, Ferra fired it off just as a third cannon ball rocketed towards the Dragon. Realising this one was aimed different than the others, the woman had but seconds to leap from her perch as the ball struck the front railing and crashed down on the deck tearing the  ship a new entrance. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Damn it!"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] she snapped, looking back to see the last of the people loading aboard the craft. Just a couple more seconds was all she had. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]But then it was all the cannoneers needed as well, and in the seconds she took to check on her crew, they took to fire another round. Another round skipping off the bow of the ship, it ricocheted right into the downed mast and splintered it viciously. The impact had Ferra ducking for cover and splinters and other debris scattered across the deck. Rising up from where she'd taken cover, the former Captain recognised that this was likely going to be her last chance to get off before a unified salvo tore into the scuttled craft.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Taking two steps and lashing out at the line securing the raft to the boat, Ferra's eyes widened as she realised her jump from the back of the craft to the raft failed terribly as her leg seemingly gave out from under her. Thinking fast, she wrapped her hand around the tailing end of the rope still fastened to the raft before her body hit the water. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It wasn't anything she hadn't experienced before, the immediate sinking as her gear pulled her under. In fact she had experienced such events more often than she would have liked, but it had never been anything more than a few steps under water to get through a river or somesuch. This wasn't a river. Reaching through the murky black, she found the rope with her other hand and started pulling herself along until she broke the surface and pulled herself halfway up onto the raft, coughing as she pulled in lungfuls of oxygen.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Well, that honestly could have gone worse."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Pulling herself the rest of the way up, the woman looked down to find that there was a short splinter of wood, almost the size of a finger, embedded in her calf, likely what caused her footing to fail. With a grimace she wrenched the chunk of wood free and wrapped the wound. It wasn't serious and she wasn't worried about it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Stacy, did we get everyone aboard the raft and off the Sea Dragon?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]A firm nod accompanied Stacy's reply. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Yes."[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Her eyes glanced towards the two others on the raft with her, one of whom she could tolerate a bit better than the other. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Everyone seems to be in one piece." [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Stacy paused to consider things before she added, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Are you alright? That took you a while after I called. Did you not hear me tell you we had everyone?" [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Circling a hand around her ears, Ferra shook her head, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"It was a bit loud what with the shattering wood and the ringing in my ears, must have missed it. Well, if they don't sink her first, the Dragon should obscure us from vision for a while. And nevermind if I'm alright, your concern is noted but I've gone for worse swims before."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Looking around, the former captain noted a handful of ships also deciding to make a break to escape from Mirstone and she pointed them out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"With any luck we'll find another captain willing to let us on board. If not, would you rather the Marines claim you, or your corpse?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Stacy nodded in acknowledgement of Ferra's inability to have heard her shouting earlier. It made sense and it wasn't as though she had been yelling about anything that couldn't be repeated if it needed to be. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]The fact that the collapsing Sea Dragon would obscure them from view wasn't something that Stacy had considered, but realizing the truth of it gave her a little bit more confidence because she hadn't been expecting to escape this situation and have a chance of continuing on to somewhere else... anywhere, really. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It was Ferra's question that reminded her that getting caught was still a possibility despite their increasing odds. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Honestly,"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] her gaze was firm, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"I'd rather give them my corpse than my living body." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Ferra nodded grimly at Stacy's response. She herself would go down fighting, and easily take death over chains again, but she understood that not everyone in the world viewed violence as their initial response, and whilst the options weren't exactly what she woke up expecting to have laid out for her the woman agreed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"If it comes down to it, you won't have to worry about it. Just imagine it as going to sleep. That said, however, I've evaded the Marines for a fair few years, and I don't plan on killing any crewmates today." [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Rummaging around, Ferra tore a couple wide boards off one of the crates used for the raft and offered one to Stacy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Being a pirate is dangerous work, but if your're willing to stay with me on this, I'll see us out of here."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Garret happily whistled as he manned the helm. Kyoko and Wil were below deck at the moment, in hopes the individuals or groups after them didn't target his ship. He'd fight for them if he had to, but conflict wasn't always the best route. So for now he was guiding the ship solo, which wasn't all that hard due to his modifications.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]He ran a finger over the line of glass running through the center of a wheel spoke. One had to be creative if you wanted to survive sailing alone. Luckily though, he didn't have to anymore. Lonely sailing was not his cup of tea. He was too used to the familial feel his parents crew had.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]He whistled a tune he remembered his father whistling at the helm. As he looked out at the barricade his sing songy whistle turned to one of astonishment. Quite the force they had. He spotted a boat in particular out formation that seemed to be attacking a pirate ship. It was winning too.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Garrett bit his lip in thought. He really shouldn't, but he might be able to help some of them escape if they could join him. After wavering for a moment he decided to go for it. Worst comes to worse he can just sail away. So he made directly for he thought he saw was the crew's escape craft.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Stacy's first instinct in regard to Ferra's comment was that she could get herself out of there if she had to. She didn't like to rely on people too much. Then, however, she realized that Ferra probably wasn't intending to imply that she couldn't get herself out of the situation. She was merely helping with the situation. There was only so much that each of them could do and Ferra was doing her part while offering Stacy a chance to do hers as well. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]She added in one thing with a subtle smile. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]We'll[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] get us out of here."[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] It was a minor correction, but it meant a lot for Stacy to say it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]For now, it seemed like the easiest way to do that was to watch for incoming ships and she noted a few nearby. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Any ideas on how to get the attention of any of them?"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] she asked Ferra. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It was somewhat odd for her, as she regarded Stacy, in that she was realising that the woman was intending to operate as less than a subordinate, or as one in need of help, but more as a compatriot, or if pushing it, friend. It wasn't that she wasn't accustomed to crewmates, but for her it had always been orders. She worked with people on orders, she had people work with her on orders, and if people did what she said, it was because they were orders.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Stacy opting to actually pick up more responsibility than Ferra intended had caught her off guard, and she wasn't quite sure she liked it, but she didn't have time to complain. Looking out at the pirates making their attempts at escape, Ferra noted and nodded towards one that seemed to be altering course towards them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"They're either going to try to attack the Marines, which will lead to their deaths but provide continued distraction, or they want to help. But because I'm a realist and helping us is a moronic strategem I say we wait for them to become that second distraction and..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Turning around, Ferra raised her rifle and used the scope to better acquire an understanding of the Marine craft.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"There. Interceptor. Small crew no more than twenty, meant to catch up to a craft, cripple them and let the battleships and dreadnaughts finish the fight once they catch up. If we can get close enough to one with the distractions, and I can get aboard that may be our best bet. Let us just wait for this fool to make his move and we'll go from there."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Stacy couldn't help but to roll her eyes at Ferra's supposed plan. It wasn't quite as fullproof as she had been hoping for and that frustration was plain as day on Stacy's face. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"That's the plan?"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Exasperation sunk through. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Not only did it contradict what Ferra had been saying earlier, but it had a few things that Stacy was uncomfortable with. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Twenty men is still a lot of men to take down. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but that sounds cocky to me. You can't speak as a realist and be cocky in the same sentence and expect someone to stick with it. Then to speak of hoping to find someone who'd let us aboard only to throw that option out the window right away doesn't add much more faith to the list."[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]There was something else eating away at her too, though. Stacy was wanted for attacking and shooting a marine. She'd never killed one and she wasn't really interested in making herself into a murderer. That only gave them an honest reason to arrest her whereas at the moment, they only wanted her for defending herself from a threat of assault. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]There was a flicker of irritation as Stacy let a hint of an attitude creep into her words, and with how angry she was already with the day the woman was finally done with the games.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Yes! That is the plan. The realistic plan. Realistically, you think any of those pirates actually care? I never even expected one to turn our way. I realistically thought we would paddle and maybe, on the hundredth percentile, make it out. What I really expected was for us to be ignored, and have the lives of people I don't want to kill staining my blade! Furthermore, I don't want that, and you are right, twenty men does sound cocky. But realistically I could bring them down. That is a fact. Hope, however, is a fools tool, sorry if it isn't what is nice to hear, but it is the truth. Hope leaves you in a locked room at night, not ever realising you could use the wire in the mattress to pick your way out. Action and stratagem got me where I am today. Action and stratagem will decide where I am tomorrow."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Garret neared the craft that seemed to hold quite a few people who'd abandoned ship. He made a bit of a motion with his hand and a rope ladder flipped over one side of the boat, guided by glass placed at several points in the rope. He yelled over the side of the ship to those gathered below. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"One chance to come aboard only. If ya want a ride out of here I'm open to new crewmates, even if only temporary ones. But things are getting too heated around here for my liking. Your choice, join up or take your chances down there!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]As the rope ladder was thrown down, Stacy couldn't hold back the ghost of a smirk on her expression. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Action and stratagem, hmm? I guess in this case the action would be to climb the ladder hope throws your way? Or am I missing something?"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] She clearly was not happy with what Ferra had said and she wasn't about to let it go either. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Without further comment, Stacy became the first to climb the ladder that Garret had tossed down and it wasn't until both of her feet were on the ship that she took a moment longer to survey the craft. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]There weren't words, and likely would never be words to describe the depths of Ferra's absolute and almost mind numbing rage as the captain had actually been stupid enough to come rescue them. It didn't even make any fucking sense! Glaring fire after Stacy as she began to mount the ladder, Ferra utilised Blackheart's Recompense to grab hold of the railing and pull herself aboard of her own accord.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Still, that womans asinine words echoed in her head...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Fucking dammit!"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Turning around, Ferra's fist smashed into the railing she'd just used, shattering some form of glass that had been covering it before cracking the wood viciously. Turning around without a single word, she promptly unravelled the Recompense and ascended towards the crows nest.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Stacy rolled her eyes as Ferra stormed off, however, she didn't pay the former marine much attention beyond that. What she did devote her attention to instead was leaning over the side and waving up the other two. She called down to them, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Coming up here's better than taking your chances."[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] At least, she hoped it was. And she had to put her faith in that hope given what she'd already said and taken a stance on. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Her attention quickly turned to Garret. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"You wouldn't happen to mind if I took to fixing up your ship a little, would you?"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] It was her way of saying thank you. Well, it was if he accepted. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Garret scowled at the unnecessary damaging of his ship. As she jumped into the crow's nest he yelled after her.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] "Damage anything else and you can get off now!"[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He made a small hand gesture towards the broken glass and wood of the railing. The glass pieced itself together and slowly flattened over the damaged wood. It would be thinner than before, but keep anyone coming up from cutting themselves.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]He turned to the other woman to have boarded. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Ah, a shipwright. That's awesome!  I REALLY need one on my crew. A lot of the glass you see is not decorative, but rather holding things together. So there's plenty to fix, though perhaps you might want to wait till we make land at an island away from here. That way it's safe to weaken the ship temporarily, yknow?"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Stacy shrugged. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Some can wait, yes. Some would probably be better fixed sooner rather than later and some probably aren't dangerous to work on while in motion."[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] That was the truth. In reality, though, Stacy wanted something to keep her busy as well and she knew having something to fix would help. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Garret nodded. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]"Alright, if that's what you want. There's a small stock of planks and wood and what not below deck. If you want to get some of that I'll get rid of the non decorative glass on deck. When you head down there you might meet my crewmates Kyoko and Wil. Just tell em you're a new Shattercrest member and they should be fine."[/SIZE]

Collab With: @AllHailDago and @Pequeno Burraidh

Tags: @ChimpMan @UdonIrvine47 @MidnightStar @Sullivanity 

Cletus grabbed the note and herbs before Shae started to tend to Scarlet's leg. He read the note and let out a low grumble. He didn't think his wound was worth all the fuss. He probably could stitch his side himself, if he wasn't worried about botching the job and causing an infection. Cletus walked over to the ship's railing and did as he was told. He took out his cigarette, placed the herbs in his mouth, and rested the arm on his wounded side on the rail. He didn't look happy as he chewed the herbs. Cletus looked at the cigarette between his fingers. There better be a good reason to be chewing herbs, otherwise he was wasting a good smoke.

As Shannon made his way back to Cletus Scarlet decided that apparently, for whatever reason, she needed to draw literally everyone's attention to him. Of course he hated being the centre of attention, it was never a good thing, at least not in his experience. Ducking his head down whilst raising his hood up, the young Mink knelt down next to his second patient and began examining the wound. 

It wasn't bad, though of course no wound was good. That said, Shannon pulled out a small metal bowl with a rod and put some dried herbal mix in it before pouring in a small bit of water. Letting it sit for a moment he drew up a note.

~Thank you for letting me help you. The herb your chewing will help with any pain, and I am about to make a paste that will help seal the wound and prevent it from going bad.~

After handing the note up to Cletus, Shae used his mortar and pestle to grind up the watery mix until it became a forest green paste, slightly firm in form but quite malleable. Scooping it up with his hands, Shannon gingerly set about pressing the paste against the wound and ensuring it stayed in place, readying himself to perform a quick bandage wrape for the man before the past dried and fell off.

Cletus nodded, acknowledging that he had read the new note, and let Shae work. Nor quite ready for the sticky sensation, he flinched a little as the paste touched his skin. "So doc, this herb of yours, is it the kind you spit or swallow?" he asked with his usual scowl on his face. "I'd really like to get back to smokin'"

Flinching just a bit at the scowl and the grumpy tone to Cletus' voice and face, Shae thought about it for a moment before shrugging. Washing his hands off real quick and wrapping the man's wound, Shannon lifted his writing utensil and pad real quick and responded.

~I don't believe it matters, sir. Pirates I used to help would either spit or swallow the herb, but I believe swallowing it acts as a depressive.~

"I see...," Cletus said, before spitting the herbs into the ocean. The older man moved his cigarettes to his lips and went back to smoking. His cigarette was the only depressive he wanted right now, especially with the marines nearby.

"See ya around, doc," Cletus said as he adjusted his cap. He started to patrol the deck as he waited for something to happen.

Watching as Cletus rose up and walked away Shannon packed up his medical equipment. Idling about for a moment as if lost for anything to do, he rose up suddenly and turned towards Scarlet and Jasper. Reverting to old habits the young Mink quickly meandered his way over to stand just behind the man that had saved him at first and waited to be told what to do.

@shadowdude505

@DaughterofAthena

@AllHailDago

@vergil

@Felix

@QuirkyAngel

Limstella

Limstella was secretly in the Red Ribbon Pirates Ship Storage Room. She managed to stow herself onto the ship, and into their Storage Room. However it was a little cramped inside, and the rocking of the ship was not helping. "Dear god please kill me" Limstella muttered to herself, as she resisted to throw up. This was a bad experience for her, since she was a sea sick. The soft, or hard land would of been better then this, even a volcano that's erupting. 

She couldn't really go to sleep either, because of the creaking noise from boxes. How loud could they get? Literally from one second to another, there were several noises from different parts of the room. "I just have to get use to this just like when mom, and dad were alive" She said as she made a silent prayer for them, before getting up. She walked very slowly through the ship, before throwing up inside a barrel, and returning to her original hiding spot.

Cygnus Albireo and Scarlet Johanna Ingrid

To live? Or not to live? Impel down with death sentence? Or a chance of being eaten alive? Cygnus was asking himself the real questions. When extracted to the very basics it was easy to give an answer. Being eaten had a smaller probability and the death would be a lot faster. But what about these conniving cannibalistic murderous pirates? He yelped. Well, he would have to deal with that later. For now it was best to go find that captain woman and try to make her so attached to him that she wouldn’t want to eat him anymore. 

He was back in the storage room again cowering in a corner. First the two ladies had seemed kind and honest. He had followed them upstairs, or at least partly, and then he had stumbled back as fast as possible and fell from the bottom step. So scary! Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw on deck. A body. A vicious beast monster. And Mr. trigger-happy. Cygnus shivered again when he thought back to the scene. He really hoped there was a better explanation of what he had witnessed.

The first thing he saw when he walked the stairs behind the ladies was the night guard with his scary guns. Cygnus was not really happy to see him, but he would have to face the man if he wanted to escape with this crew. Then he saw the animal, a leopard that was standing like an actual human. Normally, that would have been enough to make Cygnus turn around and run for his life, but he managed to keep it in. He really needed these guys to get out here. Judging their creepy taste in pets was not high on his making-allies-list. Then he saw some kind of herbs in the cat’s hands, which was not really that scary if it was not for the context. The body. A boy with silver hairs laid limp on the ground. It had taken a long moment for Cygnus to process that information. They were going to eat him! Cygnus tried to scream, but no sound came out of his mouth. It was a trap! First they would be very nice to their ‘guests’. Then, when you least expected it they would knock you out (probably by the big guy with the gun). The cat monster would do the seasoning and would boil you when you were still alive. Finally you would end up on their plate. How Gruesome!

Cygnus snapped out of it as the Nerissa girl walked over to them to talk. She seemed to act so normal in the situation. How could she?! A grumpy looking guy came over. He lifted the body over his shoulder. And walked towards the stairs. They were ready to cook him. That’s when he turned around and ran downstairs. He fell over on the last step. Adrenaline rushed through his body as he crawled into hiding just before the grumpy guy and cat came by. After they were gone he finally let go of his breath. He crawled towards his hiding place in the corner and wept in his own misfortune while he desperately thought of a way to get out of the situation.

The sudden motion of the ship brought Cygnus back to the presence. They were leaving the island. There was no turning back now. The only option left was getting along with scary pirates. With shaking knees he got up and walked upstairs again. He hid behind the door frame and analysed the group on deck. It seemed as if he had just walked in on a speech as most people were looking towards one lady. At least he didn't have to ask around to discover who and where their captain was. The only problem was that she was standing next to Mr. Trigger-happy and the cat monster, the people Cygnus was most afraid of on the whole ship.

He collected his last scraps of courage and tried to walk over to the lady as stealthily as he could. Not that he could walk very silent and fast with his wobbly knees. He approached her from behind in the hope that her scary companions would not see him. He tugged at the lady's sleeve. "E-Excuse me, lady." He whispered. "I-I don't mean to scare you - Or be scared by you. Not that you are scary of course. Your kind crewmembers told me that you were their captain. C-can I have a moment of you time?"

At the time, there had been so much excitement running through Scarlet's head that it really was no surprise she hadn't noticed a third new member walking across the deck. Even if she had looked right at him, her mnd was so flooded with thoughts as to where they could go and what the could do that she still wouldn't have noticed. Of course, being that distracted meant that there were other things she had missed as well. She hadn't quite caught the fact that Rena had taken up the helm despite the fact that Scarlet herself had previously asked Jasper to do it. 

The tug on her sleeve, though, was enough to get her attention. Scarlet's head took on a swivel and her eyes widened as she saw yet another person who she didn't know. It wasn't a scolding expression; rather, it was surprised and even more excited. 

"You're not scary," she began with a smile. "I'm not scary either... at least, I don't think so." She stopped for a moment to consider that thought. Pirates were supposed to be scary sometimes so she guessed she would have to work on that. It was something she could work on later, though. "I'm Captain Scarlet Johanna Indigrid," she finally introduced herself when she tucked that thought away for later. "Are you joining our crew!? We could always use more people!! More people makes us more scary and pirates are supposed to be scary... usually." 

"S-so you're not going to eat me?" Cygnus asked. He was relieved that this lady did not consider herself scary. On the other hand, she did mention she wanted to be scary. "I ... eh ... I don't think I want to be a crew member. Being scary only applies to me when I tell horrorstories, and those are my least favourite kind. Travel companion would suite better for now. I-I'm Cygnus by the way. Nice to meet you, miss Indigrid." He realized he just told his real name. Not really smart, but this lady seemed so kind that he slipped. "Please, I just want to get out of here. I'll do anything to escape this hellhole." He looked at her with pleading eyes, waiting anxiously for her response.

Scarlet laughed and promptly started shaking her head. "Eat you? Why would we do that?" It seemed really silly to her. "Why would we do that when we have food and a brand new cook?" 

Her eyes widened, though, when he mentioned that he could be scary and she commented. "At least you can be scary. I don't even know if I know how to be scary, but that's ok I think. You can travel with us, yes. I'm certainly not going to throw you overboard. That would be mean!" Maybe that was part of the reason why she couldn't be scary. She didn't want to be mean. 

Things were looking up for Cygnus. Maybe he misinterpreted the whole situation and they were genuinely nice people. Or it was just part of their elaborate plans. "Thank you! thank you!” He exclaimed while getting on his knees. “You are my savior. If there is anything I can do to repay you … not being imposing fear on others though. I think that my terrifying capabilities are outranked by my usual scaredy cat behavior. … T-talking about cats. If the leopard creature was not seasoning your next victim, what was it that he was actually doing?” He wanted confirmation that they really weren't cannibals, just to be sure. 

Scarlet cringed just a bit. It reminded her of when she had first met Jasper, actually. He had been insistent on calling her mistress and it had been a title she had outright hated. In a similar manner, she wasn't quite comfortable with a man on his knees in front of her. It just felt completely and totally wrong and that discomfort was riddled throughout her entire posture. 

Then Cygnus mentioned Shannon, though, and once again, Scarlet found herself laughing. "Seasoning!? No... Shannon's a very good doctor, actually! She patched me up!" To prove it, Scarlet rolled up her pant leg and showed the bandage wrapped around her shin. "And now Shannon's patching up Cletus too. We fought some marines!" She sounded very proud of being able to say it. 

Cygnus turned red. His interpretation was off by far. How humiliating. He bowed even further. "My deepest regrets. How could I mistake such a honorable action for such a heinous crime? I am really sorry." He was so embarrassed that he kept on bowing, but stopped when his mind had processed her last sentence. He was glad to hear this lady already picked a fight with marines and survived. "Oh, good, then I can trust you to get past those big marine ships. You must be very powerful!"

Scarlet tried not to let out any groans as he bowed even more deeply and then she realized she couldn't go on acting as though nothing was wrong with this situation. "Can you please stand up? I'm really not comfortable with you bowing to me. I'm... I'm just a pirate and pirates don't bow to other pirates." Even when she became the pirate queen, Scarlet would never demand that people bow to her. It was wrong. 

"I don't know that I'm very powerful either, but I have a good crew and together, we'll be powerful. We are going to sail the grand line and find the One Piece, after all," Scarlet added. 

Cygnus turned even more red as he got up. "S-sorry for being sorry. I just think I'm not on equal footing as anyone who is looking to become Queen of Pirates. It is such a brave aspiration. It's actually what got me to this island in the first place. I wanted to see for myself who would be the heroes for the epic stories that are to come. It turned out to be quite a mess. A humble storyteller like me can't handle these kind of dangers on his own. Maybe, when I grow old, I can say that I once travelled with the mighty Scarlet Johanna Indigrid." Cygnus got completely carried away by his own thoughts. 

Somehow, his hunger for adventure was sparked again. He actually wanted to follow this lady around for a while, just for the thrill of it. Thrill. Excitement. And fear. A lot of fear. You'll only drag them down, you coward.

"A storyteller!?" Scarlet seemed excited about that thought. "Can you tell stories while you're with us, then? Or maybe make some stories about us? Surely you can stick with the crew for a little while and then you can spread our epic tales everywhere!" She really liked the thought of that. 

"You can tell about how we surpassed impossible odds to break through the marines and how we sail the Grand Line seeking the One Piece so that there can be a pirate queen rather than a pirate king. I'm sure we'll find treasure and make friends and it'll be so much fun!! Fun makes for good stories, you know." Not that she had ever told any stories before, but that didn't matter to her. 

Cygnus's hope flared up. "Yes, I can do that. Fun stories are the best. Such a shame that fun and happiness always have to be woven through hardships and pain. We will get through and get our happy ending!" He told it with much passion, but now he felt the warm feeling leave his body and the dread settling in. Gloomily, he added: "At least ... that's what I hope." 

Eyes focused ahead now, Scarlet took in the marine ships that awaited them and Scarlet wasn't afraid anymore. The ships were no longer a barrier to them. They were a line to cross to get to adventure. 

In collaboration with: @DaughterofAthena

tagged:everyone on deck @AllHailDago @Pequeno Burraidh @vergil @QuirkyAngel @shadowdude505 @CelticHero37 (sorry if I forgot anyone)

@Peaceswore@AllHailDago

Keya Fenris

Once she was sat down Keya kind of just wandered around the ship not talking to anyone or doing much of anything other than slowly moving. Why? She was trying to think of how to ask to join of course! Dwarves weren't known for being the smartest of people most of the time so she was obviously a huge liability. But dwarves were also some of the strongest creatures so she was also a boon to the crew, in her opinion anyway. Her main problem was how to ask. Should she say something directly, be demanding, or pretty much beg to join? Another good question was how nice of a man the captain was. For all she knew Sora could be a slaver and try to capture her, and where she was she'd never be able to escape. When she saw someone literally board the boat and ask to join she stared dumbfounded. If that guy could do it, so could she! She instantly rushed up to where they both where at, appearing to be a small pink blur as she moved up the stairs to stand on the railing in front of the wheel. "I want to join too!" She shouted with a determined look on her face. "...Please?" She added a few seconds later, her expression turning more pleading.

Jasper Pharos

Jasper took in the many rapid going ons of the ship with slight distaste. Quite disorganized, but the crew was very newly formed so that was hardly surprising. He nodded to Lady Scarlet when she asked him to take the helm. Turning to go and..... find Miss Rena had already taken the helm. He would be lying if he said someone taking his tasks given to him by Lady Scarlet did not annoy him. Though he moved on rather quickly.

A new individual had climbed aboard, and apparently tethered their small boat to the Charybdis. As the man in the rice hat looked upon the crew members, Jasper set his hand firmly on the hilt of his rapier. Though it turned out Lady Scarlet knew him, and invited him. A Mister Wasabi Watanabe, apparent cook for the crew per Scarlet appointing. He let out a small sigh and released his sword. Years as a Marine had him see many odd things, but his life as a pirate had hardly begun and he already felt it would be stranger.

He approached the man and bowed shallowly to him. "Welcome aboard Mister Wasabi. Before you mention it, it is my custom to use Mister or Miss along with first names. If this makes you uncomfortable feel free to say so. I am Jasper Pharos, if you would follow me I will show you to the kitchens." With a smile and a quick turn Jasper led the man below deck. 

On the way down they passed a barrel outside one of the storage rooms. It positively reeked of vomit, which was quite unfortunate. He detested cleaning vomit above most things. As they went to pass through the storage room he noted things were not in the order he had put them. He was quite particular about things designated place. As he looked in between things for a moment he spotted a woman who was not.... terribly hidden. We're it not Jasper, anal retentive person he was, another person might have missed her.

He sighed exasperatively. "Whoever you are, please go above deck and talk to the Captain. The woman with the long, well kept brown hair. I am sure she will be delighted to have another crew member, and we do not shirk our work aboard this ship. Also assuming that was you in the barrell, perhaps you might ask our doctor for herbs to settle your stomach." He pulled out a handkerchief from one of his breast pockets and land it nearby for the woman to clean her mouth.

After that he began leading Mister Wasabi to the kitchen once more. As they arrived he turned to face him. "This is our kitchen. It may not be too grand compared to others, but I have found it serves well enough even for complex dishes given time and dedication. Should you need specific supplies for certain meals feel free to let me know and I will make sure they are purchased at the next possible island. Current supplies are in the storage room we passed through to get here, and are normally far more organized. Any specific questions you need ask of me, feel free."

@CelticHero37

@TheForgottenDoll

Limstella

Limstella silently cursed as she was spotted. Of course this was bound to happen, but she wished it lasted a little bit longer, or until the the ship landed so she could escape. The only thing now was to shrug off the guy's request, and relocate into another hiding spot, but that would be a waste of time. But if she would say yes to their invitation, then maybe a small glimmer of hope she would be able to get out, and onto a different part of land to live on. The only thing she that could go wrong is that she would be attached to them.  "Thanks, and I will" Limstella said as she took the handkerchief. 

As they parted away towards the ship's kitchen she believed, she wiped the vomit from her mouth with the handkerchief, as she still felt a little queasy. "I guess I'll save this handkerchief for later" Limstella said as she wasn't going to take medicine any time soon. She went up, from the Ship's storage room, and looked around the area. "Long brown hair I think it was?" She said to herself, as she looked around. "What else does this crew have besides a butler, a man who has wings?" Limstella said to herself, as she continued to look around. After spotting the captain or she thought was the captain to say she went up to talk to her.

@AllHailDago (My reply to you)

@DaughterofAthena

Sora Z Lachance

Sora had his eyes on the ocean as he surveyed the area.  'There are other ships leaving, they can't get all of them.  As long as we dont' pose a threat we can slip by without any incident.'  He thought as he kept his eyes out just incase.  After a bit his gaze shifted to the other members of the crew.  '.......Damn, I just realized I have more than I expected to start off with.  Do I have enough su-'  Before he could finish someone suddenly spoke next to him and Sora jumped before swiftly turning around.  At the sight of the man in front of him he was very shocked to say the least. 'A....ninja????'  He wondered as he glanced at Albi who was staring at the odd man herself.  He turned his attention back to the man that suddenly appeared who was asking to join his crew.  Sora was a bit dumbfounded as he had zero clue where the hell the guy appeared from, that and he was honestly surprised that not only a ninja...but a ninja cook was asking to join.    Blinking a few times he was about to answer when another voice caught his attention and asked to join.

Looking behind him a question mark appeared over his head before he looked down and noticed a small pink girl...with a tail.  He was honestly a bit unsure if he got hit in the head or if Seth's drug had some weird side effect on him.  Again he looked at Albi who this time returned the look before looking back at the girl and then the ninja.  Since it seemed Albi could see the two they were not in fact figments of his imagination.  At this realization Sora let out a sigh of relief as he grabbed the steering wheel again and looked over at Norman.  "A cook huh?  Just so happens I do need one, that and I'm not really one to toss people off my boat right away."   He then looked over at Keya.  "You can both join, I don't see much reason to deny either of you unless you cause me problems."  He said with a light smile as he kept his attention on both them and the sea incase something popped up.   'How many is that? Nine people?  Yaaaeah..... So going to run out of supplies before we reach the grand line....'  Shrugging at this his light smile was replaced with a grin "Once we get out of danger I think I'll do a more suitbale welcome for you guys and the rest of the people here... But for now.  I'm Sora Z. Lachance and you are now officially part of the Red Wave pirates~"

@AllHailDago@Mitchs98

Scarlet Johanna Indigrid

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It wasn’t until after she’d finished her conversation with Cygnus that Scarlet realized Rena had asked her a question and by that point, she couldn’t quite figure out what that question had been exactly. The captain did notice, though, that Rena had taken the helm and that Jasper was now showing Wasabi around. It wasn’t precisely in line with what her orders had been, but at least people were getting important things done. Scarlet wasn’t about to complain to any of them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]That didn’t help her in figuring out how to answer Rena either, though, since she still didn’t remember the question. However, Scarlet did know what she needed to do next. And it just so happened that Rena’s question and what Scarlet knew she needed to do next coincided. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]They needed to know where they were going. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Turning to Cygnus, she regarded him for a moment and then suggested, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Maybe you could introduce yourself to some of the crew? They’re all going to be a part of the story too.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]And if the were going to be a part of the story, he should know them. It only made sense as far as Scarlet was concerned. Then, satisfied that she wasn’t leaving the storyteller to do nothing, Scarlet walked up to the helm and stood beside Rena, pulling out a map of the West Blue from her pocket. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You need to know where we’re going, right?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Once again, it only made sense. Unfolding the map so that they both could see it, Scarlet glanced over it. Even she knew that they needed to go through reverse mountain to get to the Grand Line and so that was where her eyes headed. Then she pointed to an island… the last island before Reverse Mountain. Unfortunately the map didn’t have very many places labeled just yet although a few had scribbled names, Mirstone included. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“That seems to be a good spot,” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]she remarked. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“We can gather ourselves and restock one time before the Grand Line.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Scarlet nodded firmly, as though assuring herself that she was right. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Picking her head up, she glanced at the crew again and noticing that Cletus was free, she yelled, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Cletus! Hoist the merchant flag!” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Her eyes were once more paying close attention to the blockade that they were approaching. They didn’t remain there for long, though. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Everyone who’s a real pirate, get below deck!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Her definition of a real pirate most likely meant that they were wanted for some reason or another. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]However, before she could follow her own orders, her eyes fell on yet another unfamiliar face. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Turning to Rena, she raised an eyebrow and asked, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“How many people came on board while Cletus and I were gone?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Scarlet didn’t actually wait for an answer, though. Instead she walked right up to the new face and stood right in front of her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Are you joining our crew too!?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]she sounded excited about it. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“If you join our crew, you can by in Cygnus’s story about us! It’ll be fun!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE]

Tags:  @Felix @vergil @shadowdude505 @TheForgottenDoll 

Also On Board: @QuirkyAngel @AllHailDago @CelticHero37 @Pequeno Burraidh 

[COLOR= rgb(221, 160, 221)]Raine Braddock[/COLOR]

Raine mulled over his conversation with Stacy as they maneuvered through the choppy water. The raft was woefully undersized to handle many of the waves created by the cannonballs being fired around them, and a small pool of water filled up the bottom. Raine was suddenly brought to the attention of what looked like a pirate ship. It was hard to look at it for long, however, because various glass panels that were seemingly being used to hold it together reflected the light into his eyes. They where alongside the ship rather quickly, and a man who was apperently the captain shouted his ultimatum.

Although Raine was hesitant at first, his qualms where quickly flung away when he saw Ferra use some sort of grappling hook to climb aboard, and quickly retreat to the crows nest. She seemed to have gotten in some sort of argument with Stacy, over hope or somthing. It was difficult to hear over the chaos, but if Ferra was really so opposed to the concept of dreams, he may have to rethink her being a potential captain. Somone without ambition could never become a Queen of Pirates. He climbed aboard, and began talking to the captain once Stacy had finished. If he did end up jumping crews, he wanted to make a good first impression.

"Hey, I'm Raine. Thanks for helping us out there, do you need anything done on the ship? I can pretty much fill any role you need me to. Just, uh, don't expect me to be too good."

Tags: @ChimpMan @UdonIrvine47 @MidnightStar[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@AllHailDago[COLOR= rgb(39, 42, 52)] [/COLOR]@Pequeno Burraidh @DaughterofAthena

Cletus T. Bass

Cletus briefly gave Scarlet a confused look. He had assumed that his Captain had already taken care of the flag. Though with all of the crew activity and new crewmates, he could see how she'd be a bit preoccupied. "Aye, aye, Captain," he gruffly replied. Cletus grabbed the flag and walked over to the mast. He lowered the Red Ribbon Pirate's flag and replaced it with the merchant one.

After raising the merchant flag, Cletus picked up their pirate flag and began to fold it up. After the folding was completed, he made his way below deck. "This better work...," he thought to himself. Hopefully the marines would buy the merchant act and leave them alone, though Cletus predicted things won't go smoothly.

Down in the storage room, Cletus looked for a place to store his crew's pirate flag and left a faint smoke trail from his cigarette behind him. He found a clean barrel and dropped the flag on top of it. Cletus smoked beside the barrel, thinking what to do next. That's when he heard crewmate voices in the kitchen.

Cletus walked into the kitchen and nodded at Jasper and Wasabi. "The merchant flag is all set up, hopefully the marines buy it," he said mostly to Jasper, who seamed like the first mate on the Charybdis. Cletus reached for a dishrag and quickly soaked it with sink water. He stood over the table as he transferred the rag to his left hand and pulled out his revolver with his right. "Though we better be ready if they don't," he added as he rolled open the extractor on his revolver and let the bullets land on the table. He quickly polished where the ammo went in his revolver, quickly polished the rest of the gun, reloaded the ammo, and put his revolver back in it's holster before starting the same polishing process on his rifle.

@DaughterofAthena @AllHailDago @CelticHero37

Also on board: @QuirkyAngel @Felix @vergil @TheForgottenDoll @Pequeno Burraidh

Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi 

The Flamin' Hot Cook

Wasabi glanced up from what he was doing as Cletus entered. He listened in silence as the man spoke before stopping what he was doing to address the man. Wiping his hand on a towel, he sighed and extended a hand, saying, "Hello. I am Watanabe Hotaka Wasabi. The new cook, as the captain explained."

Wasabi paused to give Cletus a chance to respond in kind before continuing, "Since we have not yet met, I do not fault you. However, for future reference, I am always ready. If the marines decide to pursue us, the real question will be, are they ready."

The giant gave a short affirmative nod before returning to his work. The kitchen was smaller than any he had seen on land, but that had been expected, and everything that was needed seemed to be present. Besides, Wasabi was a crafty cook that wasn't too picky about what he had available to him.

Limstella

Limstella was surprised on how the Captain girl was this energetic. Of course she shouldn't be one to judge on a person by a debut but still she was a little too energetic. "Er yes, I'm here to join" Limstella said to the girl. This would be a really weird ride so to say, since she didn't really communicate that much when she went traveling towards a different area. She didn't really know who Cygnus was, but one word slipped into her mind Fun. You're a pirate who is more or so likely going to get hunted down for something, and you want to have Fun who was this girl?

"Well can I ask who is Cygnus is?" Limstella said quite curiously since she wonder what was that person like, probably better then that brute. She looked up in the sky, and felt a little queasy inside, that was not good. If she was going to get into the screw she needed to think of something fast. She wasn't that good a cooking, only knowing some basics, fighting she was abysmal at, entertainment absolutely not, medicine no, but she had a idea on what she could be. She didn't try to make direct eye since she didn't want to know her anymore, but as a captain nothing more nothing less.

@DaughterofAthena

Scarlet Johanna Indigrid

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]It wasn’t until after she’d finished her conversation with Cygnus that Scarlet realized Rena had asked her a question and by that point, she couldn’t quite figure out what that question had been exactly. The captain did notice, though, that Rena had taken the helm and that Jasper was now showing Wasabi around. It wasn’t precisely in line with what her orders had been, but at least people were getting important things done. Scarlet wasn’t about to complain to any of them. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]That didn’t help her in figuring out how to answer Rena either, though, since she still didn’t remember the question. However, Scarlet did know what she needed to do next. And it just so happened that Rena’s question and what Scarlet knew she needed to do next coincided. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]They needed to know where they were going. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Turning to Cygnus, she regarded him for a moment and then suggested, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Maybe you could introduce yourself to some of the crew? They’re all going to be a part of the story too.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]And if the were going to be a part of the story, he should know them. It only made sense as far as Scarlet was concerned. Then, satisfied that she wasn’t leaving the storyteller to do nothing, Scarlet walked up to the helm and stood beside Rena, pulling out a map of the West Blue from her pocket. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“You need to know where we’re going, right?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Once again, it only made sense. Unfolding the map so that they both could see it, Scarlet glanced over it. Even she knew that they needed to go through reverse mountain to get to the Grand Line and so that was where her eyes headed. Then she pointed to an island… the last island before Reverse Mountain. Unfortunately the map didn’t have very many places labeled just yet although a few had scribbled names, Mirstone included. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“That seems to be a good spot,” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]she remarked. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“We can gather ourselves and restock one time before the Grand Line.” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Scarlet nodded firmly, as though assuring herself that she was right. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Picking her head up, she glanced at the crew again and noticing that Cletus was free, she yelled, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Cletus! Hoist the merchant flag!” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Her eyes were once more paying close attention to the blockade that they were approaching. They didn’t remain there for long, though. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Everyone who’s a real pirate, get below deck!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Her definition of a real pirate most likely meant that they were wanted for some reason or another. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]However, before she could follow her own orders, her eyes fell on yet another unfamiliar face. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Turning to Rena, she raised an eyebrow and asked, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“How many people came on board while Cletus and I were gone?”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] Scarlet didn’t actually wait for an answer, though. Instead she walked right up to the new face and stood right in front of her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“Are you joining our crew too!?” [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]she sounded excited about it. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]“If you join our crew, you can by in Cygnus’s story about us! It’ll be fun!”[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] [/SIZE]

Tags:  @Felix @vergil @shadowdude505 @TheForgottenDoll 

Also On Board: @QuirkyAngel @AllHailDago @CelticHero37 @Pequeno Burraidh 

@Felix@DaughterofAthena@shadowdude505@TheForgottenDoll@QuirkyAngel@AllHailDago@CelticHero37@Pequeno Burraidh

Rena Heartwood

[SIZE=11.5pt]She was so focused on the task at hand that Rena hadn't noticed the sheer volume of new people. Perfect! Her eyes gleamed with excitement, almost forgetting about the precarious situation they were in. There were so many people to interview! So many developments to write about! Her mind blanked over possible romances and how she could write about that too! Perhaps the readers would have their favourite couple! OOH! How would these relationships change them and their views? So exciting! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Rena snapped back into attention as Scarlet spoke to her and showed her the map. So little in the details - it annoyed her. It was incomplete and it was a mystery - two things that bugged the holy hell out of her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]"Um...Captain...would you mind me making a copy of that map so that I can fill in the gaps as we travel? I'm no cartographer but....that...THAT...is unacceptable!" she waved her finger at the scribbles and empty spaces. A common misconception about Rena was that she loved mysteries and unsolved cases - truth is she hated them. Hated them with such a passion. It irritated her that something had been left so unsolved. Someone just stopped trying at some point with that map and thought 'yeah that'll do'. Sure it served a purpose but Good lord what if you wanted a map that took you someplace else? You'd have to go through and get an entirely different map. For the same damned area! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]Rena looked at Scarlet with a pleading look. "Pretty please? Looking at that is like an itch that keeps moving on your back and you keep scratching and can't quite get it....and now I have an itchy back...please excuse me." Her hands moved and her face made a weird mix of pleasure and concern as she concentrated on not dislocating her shoulder.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]After dealing with her itch (somewhat), she looked at the sky and determined the weather, as she had been taught by the farmers, "Shouldn't be too long to get there. " she said before mumbling "provided there isn't an entire continent in the way that this map conveniently omitted."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.5pt]The question poised by the Captain was perplexing - How many came aboard while she was gone? She didn't know and honestly Rena thought they had been recruited prior to Rena's joining.Clearly they weren't and yet Scarlet was very nonchalant about it. She just accepted them?[/SIZE]

She voiced that concern.

"If you don't mind my asking - are you going to simply just accept people onto your ship without any kind of....I don't know....screening....or...interview? I mean I get it - pirates yohoho and all that jazz but jeez someone could be a werewolf, or a sex crazed maniac or a marine plant or something. For the record, I don't think any of you are, but...you don't know if I am either!" she exclaimed. "I'm not by the way, but I'd totally say that if I was. And I'd totally add that if I was and was trying to deflect the attention away from my prior statement." she added. "I'll shut up now."

.athena h2 {
font-size:22px;
font-family:Tahoma;
}

.athena p {
font-family:Cambria;
font-size:14px;
}

The End of Mirstone

The Marines Retreat

It was the flare that brought them all back. It meant that time was almost up and that if they wanted to get out of there, then was the time to do it. A small entourage had been left at the ship to guard it and protect their escape and they had been successful at sustaining that. Even more than that, they had manage to gather up a few civilians who had needed an escape. They weren't about to allow people who had no one else to get lost in the chaos and ultimately destroyed.

One particular individual who now stood on the deck of the ship was a young girl who was finally escaping the life that had imprisoned her. However, as she looked out over the railing which she was barely tall enough to see over, Abigail wasn't rejoycing in her freedom. She was concerned about a friend she had left behind. "I hope Kyoko got away," she muttered to herself before she felt a hand on her shoulder. Turning to look, Abigail saw one of the many marines who were making their way onto the ship now.

"Come on. We're moving everyone below deck for safety." He seemed like a nice enough man to Abigail and she followed him as he led her to join the others who the marines were helping to escape.

Watching from the dock, Evelyn nodded as she saw James pull the girl away. The child didn't need to see what was going to happen and the simple thought of it made her uncomfortable. James had handled it well, though. That being completed, the commander's eyes scanned the horizon of the island, watching for any stragglers who they might want to pick up and carry along with them. She also ran through the list in her head. While she couldn't claim to know every marine on the ship, Evelyn liked to think that she had a good enough sense of numbers and also a good sense of when someone was missing. The one familiar face that she hadn't seen yet was the face of Lieutenant Robin Linwade.

'He probably isn't intending on coming back,' she realized quickly. That wasn't something she had the power to fix.

Deciding that that was the end of it, and that any more time spent waiting was a waste of their time to escape, Evelyn turned and boarded the ship that she'd been given command of at the start of their mission. "Helmsman!" she called out. "We're ready to depart!" Drawing her shortsword, Evelyn cut the rope that tied them to the dock and the ship was ready to move on its way.

Robin Linwade

Laying on the ground on the island of Mirstone, his breath came in ragged heaves. the lieutenant knew that if he had been found, he could've been saved, but that wasn't what he wanted. He wanted to see the beauty of his final piece of work and sticking around was the only way to guarantee that he did. With the timer in his mind ticking, he thought back to the two people who had led him to the miserable situation that he was in.

Briefly, Robin wondered what had happened to the one with the chains, the one who likely meant to end Robin's life as they had fought. Had he been able to escape in time?

Then his mind meandered to the woman who had "saved him". In reality, she hadn't. She had left him to die but he had been ok with that at the time. Robin really had no idea what her purpose in the whole situation had been, but he was quite certain it hadn't finished. He'd thrown a wrench into her plans and that much he had been able to see in her eyes.

None of that really mattered to him, but his mind needed to be thinking about something while he waited. It wasn't like he had to wait too long, though.

Seconds passed. Then minutes followed on the tails of seconds.

The time was up. A satisfied smile crept its way onto Robin's dying expression and his lips parted so that he could utter a single word, perfectly timed with the resounding concussion that echoed through the air. "Boom." Fire expanded, air spread out, and a sound like thunder echoed in Mirstone. The city was leveled in a single instant and although the island itself remained, what had once been a lively area was now practically a wasteland.

The resultant force pulsed into the water around the island, a wave of power rapidly dissipating as it went deeper and deeper, chasing the escapign ships further and further out as it moved. Ships that weren't prepared got knocked around like toys. Some managed to stand their ground. Others yet were carried by the cascade of momentum, ramming them into ships in the blockade. While the vessels that were escaping likely hadn't been prepared, the marine ships had been braced for impact and that could make all the difference in the world.

The Crews that Got Away

Now... you're probably wondering what happens to our three crews in the midst of all this chaos. That's probably a very good question to ask.

The Red Ribbon Pirates, with merchant flag raised thanks to Cletus's quick ability to follow orders, were able to get through a gap in the blockade that opened when the marines were distracted dealing with another pirate ship who collided with the wall. Given that the marines did not see a pirate flag, they did not feel the need to be overly concerned with Charybdis as it sailed through.

The Shattercrest Pirates - newly formed with those that remained from the former Kita Pirates - were able to ride the wave through the opening in the blockade that remained open from when a marine ship had left the wall to attack the Sea Dragon. It was a strategic opening and given that Kaede's ship was stalled when the rubble from the Sea Dragon was cascaded all over, there was little that could be done to prevent their escape.

The Red Wave Pirates... well, they got lucky. They were approaching the blockade in a large group along with several other pirate ships. The marines could only pick out so many ships to target. Sora's crew was not one of the lucky ones to come under fire. Hence, when the blockade opened up even the slightest bit, they were able to make it through.

Well, that wraps up Marauders in Mirstone. All players are welcome to write their own epilogues and the next arcs will start up as GMs are able to get them running. As always, you are welcome to ask questions in the OOC and we will do our best to answer them and help make things make sense. We hope you enjoyed the first arc within One Piece: The Eternal Race, and we hope you're excited to see what comes next. We certainly are!

@MidnightStar @Will @CelticHero37 @Felix @QuirkyAngel @Azure Sky @ChimpMan @Exanis @UdonIrvine47 @vergil @Pequeno Burraidh @Mitchs98 @Peaceswore @AllHailDago @shadowdude505 @TheForgottenDoll @JR260 @AtlannianSpy @Sullivanity 

Syrin Insinu

Syrin glanced at the girl that walked up to him, and withheld a grimace as she reminded him of the pain that throbbed through his foot. As she turned and walked away, he lamented what he's come to, stuck on a ship with his precious shoes ruined. As the girl returned and ordered him to sit, he stomached a sigh that wanted to be released, he gingerly kneeled forward on his good leg, and then plopped backwards on his behind. Extending his injured leg in front of him, he gently removed his shoe from his foot, clearly trying to not ruin the shoe anymore than it already has been, while completely disregarding the pain it caused him to do so. Glancing at her, he gestured lazily at his foot. "At your leisure doc." 

[SIZE= 12px]That said, he turned his attention to Sora and called out. [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]"Last time I checked, I had a bounty of around 7 million. Might be higher if they found some stuff out but..." [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]He shrugs carelessly. "I'm pretty good at hiding and I can tell you how to pass this ship off as a merchant vessel, so I really doubt we'd have problems at the blockade." As he finished talking and closed his eyes to relax, only for them to snap open, and stare at the new voice on the ship. Closing his eyes he released a half sigh, half groan and began to count down from ten, only to pause and then stare at Norman. [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]"Oi. You. Shitty ninja. What happened to Stacy. If you're here, then something bad had to have happened with your shitty captain, and since Stacy isn't here, it means she likely went to your crew." [/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]He paused once more, sighed, and shook his head.[/SIZE][SIZE= 12px] "[/SIZE][SIZE= 12px]Never mind[/SIZE][SIZE= 12px], she can take care of her self."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]And with that, Syrin fell silent for the remainder of the trip out of Mirestone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]@AllHailDago @AtlannianSpy @Peaceswore[/SIZE]

It had taken a fair length of time, especially given the need to watch the Marine craft like a hawk stalking her prey, for Ferra to finally manage to disassemble her right gauntlet and remove the armour from around her ring and little finger. Both were swollen and red, and both jaunted at angles that clearly meant she'd knocked them out of place when she'd struck the railing. Holding her hand steady, the woman fished through her coat pockets. As she did so she thought over what had just happened with Stacy.

Quite frankly, she wanted to be pissed off a great deal that Garret had arrived when he had, but the truth was she knew that it wasn't a fair justification. She couldn't control the whims of others, and while Garret may have been a 'good' man, he was genuinely an idiot. Any viable tactical reasoning would have had him leaping on the chance to either escape or take down the ship with the Rear Admiral on board. She wasn't wrong in her reasoning that any proper captain would have left them, which did leave her, after her simmering temper calmed, to question who it was, exactly, that had decided to save the people on the raft over the logical choices.

A fool? A man looking for leverage? One of Stacy's hopeful dreamers?

Almost mechanically throughout her musings the woman had popped her fingers back into place and set about wrapping the pair together, if only for the day. It would ensure that they would be kept tucked away for a long enough time to begin repairing any damage they may have suffered. Resting her rifle against the mast and then draping her coat over it, the woman then removed her left gauntlet and placed it down next to her right one as well. 

With only her sabre on her hip and the Blackheart's Recompense draped over her frame, the woman descended from her perch upon the crow's nest. Dropping the last couple metres or so to the deck, Ferra landed lightly before finding her way to the Captain, walking just out of arms length to his side and letting her gaze remain looking far out across the ocean.

"Apologies are in order, sir. I should not have damaged your craft. Furthermore, with all due respect given your position, but do not expect me to find myself indebted to you for your actions. Whether I am or am not grateful is irrelevant to the fact that my actions will be my own, and my choice are alone what rules over me. That is to be expressly understood." the woman noted, a steel in her voice that would brook no argument, "And furthering upon that, I find myself questioning your experience and capabilities, given that the worst of all available options that you had was to decide to pick up a group of pirates adrift, with no knowledge as to who they are or what they are capable of. Over all it is a poor tactical decision and could have easily ended with your death."

Letting the grim note hang in the air for a moment, and ensuring that any impact of her words would have settled, Ferra finally spoke again.

"Even still, I suppose you did go out of your way to aid me. While I won't be indebted to you, I do find myself out of a job, and an officer's standard of courtesy would see that I return the favour you extended me. I am Former Marine Captain Ferra McKlinnen, navigator and tactician should you find need of those services."

Looking out from her left peripheral the woman held out her left arm in way of greeting and waited to hear the man's response.

@AllHailDago

Garret Z. Allistair 

Garret had begun to look off into the distance after Stacy went below deck. At least until he was approached by two of the people he'd picked up on the raft. One of them happened to be the needlessly violent woman who'd smashed his railing. He chewed on his lip as he listened to both of them speak. 

He eyed the man Raine Braddock for a second. Then turned his glance to ex-Captain Ferra McKlinnen. She must be pretty strong if she had been a Captain AND escaped for however long. "Well to the both of you, I am Garret Z. Allistair. Captain of the Shattercrest Pirates and owner of the Crystal Lotus here." He patted the railing with a smile. "She's served me well for over a yearather entirely sailed by yours truly."

"While I have hope that you'll join me as crew mates, if you'd like you're free to leave when we dock at the next island." He pulled a map out of his back pocket. "Raine, if you could go below deck and either help Stacy get the wood and supplies to fix the ship, or help my cook Kyoko with making lunch, I'd appreciate it." 

Following that Garret turned to Ferra with a slightly serious look. "As for you. I don't want to rob anyone of their freedom. If you want to follow me, that's great. If not I'd prefer if you stayed out of the way until we make land again. I won't hold any grudge for the first outburst where you hurt my ship, but do it again and I'll remove you from my ship. A ship is a Captain's pride right next to their crew, and I won't have her damaged for no reason! "

He softened his expression a little. "As for the less serious stuff. I saved you because I had a feeling something might come of it. Whether that mean more crew members, or a passing acquaintance, or allies to fight through the Marines with. I didn't care which, I strongly follow my instincts and feelings. I'm not the strongest or smartest guy around, you're right. But that doesn't mean I don't have the ability to survive and flourish on the seas. So far it's been alone, but with a crew I feel things would be even better."

He took in a deep breath through his nose. "Anyways, if you find yourself wanting to stick around past the next island I'd love to have you as my navigator. If not until then, I'd appreciate your help now. I'm a passable navigator, but you likely have far superior experience." He pulled out a map of the West Blue and pointed to a spot. "Here's Mirstone and where we are currently more or less." He said his finger up across the map and pointed at an island near the corner.

"This is Neogenesis Island. I want to stop here and get supplies, do repairs, and overall get prepared. After that for anyone still with me, we'll be sailing up Reverse Mountain to enter the Grand Line!" He sounded positively ecstatic. 

@Pequeno Burraidh @DaughterofAthena

@ChimpMan

@Sullivanity

@UdonIrvine47

@MidnightStar

Syrin Insinu

Syrin glanced at the girl that walked up to him, and withheld a grimace as she reminded him of the pain that throbbed through his foot. As she turned and walked away, he lamented what he's come to, stuck on a ship with his precious shoes ruined. As the girl returned and ordered him to sit, he stomached a sigh that wanted to be released, he gingerly kneeled forward on his good leg, and then plopped backwards on his behind. Extending his injured leg in front of him, he gently removed his shoe from his foot, clearly trying to not ruin the shoe anymore than it already has been, while completely disregarding the pain it caused him to do so. Glancing at her, he gestured lazily at his foot. "At your leisure doc." 

That said, he turned his attention to Sora and called out. "Last time I checked, I had a bounty of around 7 million. Might be higher if they found some stuff out but..." He shrugs carelessly. "I'm pretty good at hiding and I can tell you how to pass this ship off as a merchant vessel, so I really doubt we'd have problems at the blockade." As he finished talking and closed his eyes to relax, only for them to snap open, and stare at the new voice on the ship. Closing his eyes he released a half sigh, half groan and began to count down from ten, only to pause and then stare at Norman. "Oi. You. Shitty ninja. What happened to Stacy. If you're here, then something bad had to have happened with your shitty captain, and since Stacy isn't here, it means she likely went to your crew." He paused once more, sighed, and shook his head. "Never mind, she can take care of her self."

And with that, Syrin fell silent for the remainder of the trip out of Mirestone.

@AllHailDago @AtlannianSpy @Peaceswore

Emilie Cortagne

"I'm not a doctor," replied Emilie bluntly, smoothing out her skirt underneath her and kneeling by Syrin's feet. She poured some saline onto a wad of gauze and began dabbing at the wound to clean it. "I just have some basic first aid training, this is probably worse than it looks though." True enough as Emilie continued her work, removing the crusted blood and dirt from the wound it shrank and lost it's grisly appearance, although it was still a rather sizeable gash. "I don't really want to stitch this up," said Emilie, pursing her lips as she surveyed her handiwork. "That's something a doctor should do and a bandage will suffice for now." So saying she unrolled some clean white strips and began wrapping Syrin's foot with neat, even rows. "Don't run on it and certainly don't get in any fights until a doctor looks at it." She ordered, quietly but without room for argument finishing up and standing. "Also I can fix that for you if you want," she said, glancing pointedly at his rather sorry looking shoe. "It certainly needs to be cleaned at any rate."

@Exanis

Kyoko headed below deck upon Garret's ship, in search of their sleeping quarters but in solace, found the kitchen. It was a bit dusty and dark but nonetheless she found her way around the room, flicking the light on and placing her bag filled with ingredients and a few kitchen utensils onto the counter, "I guess first order of business: Lunch." Kyo grabbed a hair tie- placed long ago in her pocket- and tied up her long black hair into a short ponytail, searching through the cabinets, placing pots onto the stove, preparing a meal for her crew. As she was cooking, she couldn't help but spaced out a bit, Abby came into mind, she let her escape but did she do the right thing leaving by herself.

"No." Kyo said to herself, "I know she's strong. Her heart says it all." She grinned before going back to a listless face as she came back to reality and turned off the stove. She looks at the food that she's made and pulls out her ladle as she scoops up a stew filled with meat and vegetables, taking a quick sip of the broth, "I think I made too much." An array of food was lined up on the counter, all delectable and savory just from the looks of it, "I guess I'll save leftovers for tomorrow."

@AllHailDago

@ChimpMan

@DaughterofAthena

@Pequeno Burraidh

@Sullivanity

@MidnightStar

[SIZE= 32px]Scarlet Johanna Indigrid[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Scarlet smiled brightly at Limstella’s question and she laughed as she answered, [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]“He’s our storyteller, silly! Who else would be making a story about our crew?” [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Scarlet wasn’t trying to be rude as she said it; on the contrary, she was happy to answer any questions that any member of her crew might have because it helped her keep things straight in her own head. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]“I don’t know if he’ll be our storyteller for long because he doesn’t want to stick around, which means you better tell him about yourself while you can to make sure you get into the story!” [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]She was clearly very excited about this story Cygnus was going to weave. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Without further attention to the newest addition to their crew, Scarlet skipped her way back to Rena to make sure the navigator had a handle on the situation. As Rena asked for a copy of the map, Scarlet’s eyebrows narrowed in confusion. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]“Can’t I just give you this one?” [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]she asked. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]“I don’t actually know how to make a new one. This one was a gift.” [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Spades had given it to her and it was as blank as it was because, unbeknownst to Scarlet, he had been trying to give her some reasons to go out on an adventure. She didn’t really need that motivation anymore. Finding the One Piece in and of itself had drawn her to the sea. [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]“As long as you don’t lose it, you can have it!” [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]She handed the paper over to Rena then. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Rena’s final question confused Scarlet. As she considered a few things, Scarlet realized she didn’t really know any of her new crew members very well. She knew Jasper and… and she’d gone to steal a merchant flag with Cletus. He seemed to be decent. Oh, and Nerissa was a priestess… she’d said that much. Priestess’s couldn’t be bad, could they? Scarlet didn’t think so. That left Arlen, Shannon, Wasabi, Limstella, Cygnus and Rena herself. She really didn’t want to think that any one of them could be bad, though. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]“Well, I guess we’ll use our time to get to know them, then! If they’re bad, maybe we can change them! It might actually be fun to have a werewolf in the crew! Werewolves make for good stories,” [/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]she explained. It truly seemed that Scarlet’s optimism knew no bounds.[/COLOR]

@vergil @TheForgottenDoll

[SIZE= 22px]Mirstone [/SIZE][SIZE= 22px]Epilogue[/SIZE][SIZE= 22px]: Cait Merlin[/SIZE]

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Cait tensed up as the Red Wave Pirates approached the marine blockade. Luckily (for them at least) the marines found other targets. Cait let out a sigh of relief as she situated her guitar case on deck. After retrieving her guitar she started to randomly strum it as she looked at all of her crewmates still on deck. She smiled, showing them her excitement for the adventure ahead. She thought about her goal to find her mother, Sora’s goal to find the One Piece, and wondered what goals her crewmates had. Cait looked forward to learning what those goals were. As she stood there strumimng, inspiration stuck her musician mind. Free from the marines, now was the perfect time for a song.[/COLOR]

“Come on board and bring along, all your hopes and dreams. Together we will find everything that we’re looking for. One Piece!”[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)] she started to sing. [/COLOR]“Compass left behind. It’ll only slow us down. Your heart will be your guide. Raise the sails and take the helm. That legendary place, that the end of the map reveals, it’s only legendary till someone prove it real.”

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Now she was really into the song and started to dance around the deck and between her crewmates. [/COLOR]“Through it all, through the troubled time, through the heartache, and through the pain. Know that I will be there to stand by you, just like I know you’ll be there by me.”

“So come on board and bring along, all your hopes and dreams. Together we’ll find everything that we’re looking for. There’s always room for you, if you want to be my friend. We are! We are, on a cruise. We are!”

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Clearly amused with the song she made and overjoyed about the thought of adventure, Cait started to laugh and wiped away happy tears from her eyes. She smiled as she bowed toward her Captain and crewmates, hopefully their spirits were raised as much as hers had.[/COLOR]

@Peaceswore@Mitchs98@Exanis@AtlannianSpy@Felix@Will@AllHailDago@Azure Sky@JR260

Users who are viewing this thread