• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Manhattan's Social Elite (Gossip Girl Themed RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
giphy.gif
Ellodie Ainsley
Time: After School
Interactions: Jackson ( Tui Tui ) + Emily ( Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy )

The confusion and then anger that flashed across Jackson's face told her that he was either innocent or a pretty good liar. He sounded pretty believable, sounded pretty outraged that such a thing would be blamed on him. She wasn't sure which to believe, (though she wanted to believe him), but thanks to Emily's intervention, she at least stopped attempting to smash the windows of his car with her fist. Since Jackson had rolled the window down, her next punch probably would've shattered his nose. El turned on the girl instead, glowering.

"Oh goody goody, here comes Ferguson to save the day. Whoop-de-fucking-doo! You're right, let's not solve this through anger. Let's all make friendship bracelets and sing kumbay-fucking-a, I'm sure that will fix everything." It went without saying that she wasn't a huge fan of Emily. She'd never liked the girl. In fact, she detested her and if she didn't have bigger fish to fry right now, Emily would be right in the firing line. El didn't get people who were nice by nature and she certainly didn't like them. She couldn't comprehend what Emily could possibly gain from trying to be friends, which was perhaps more sad than she realised.

Still, she took the girl's advice and steppedd back from the situation for a minute. Jackson seemed really, really angry that she would think so lowly of him but that might just be because she publicly accused him of being a rapist and if it was true, (if it was true), he would have to deny, deny, deny. Still, El was inclined to believe him. Jackson didn't strike her as an inherently bad person, just a moron, and part of her still thought it was unlikely him and Elena would've been hanging out in the first place.

And it was only as she stood there, looking at Jackson, that she realised what a burning potential there was here. If he was innocent, (if he was innocent), and she was starting to believe it, that meant AJ must be covering for someone. Himself, she doubted, though she couldn't be sure, but one of his friends maybe. It had to be one of the A Listers. Ever keen to stir the pot, perhaps this was a chance to ruin the life of whatever A Lister that was being covered for. She could use this. She could use him. Jackson was so pissed, he'd probably need little motivation to go hunting for the truth. Translation: he'd do her dirty work for her.

"You didn't hear this from me, obviously," El leaned against the car, crossing her arms, and her sudden change in demeanour was almost disturbing, "But a little birdy told me that someone is going around telling people you fucked Elena. You might know him. Tall, kind of ugly, used to be your best friend? You must've really pissed him off. And when the King Bee starts spreading rumours, his worker bees are inclined to believe them. Your life is probably over... Unless you find out who really did it."

giphy.gif
Elizabeth Bates
Time: After School
Interactions: Jackson ( Tui Tui ), Kat ( BurningBridges BurningBridges ), + Remy ( hwayi hwayi )

Jackson <3
them
Hey Liz, thanks for inviting me to lunch, hopefully that premadonna you hang out with wasn't to mad
me
No problem, see you x

Kat
me
Hey, how are you? Sorry I didn't get to talk to you after lunch x
It wasn't worth trying to tell Jackson that Tristan really wasn't so bad, especially over text, and she didn't want to waste her energy. As much as she would've loved for her friends to like each other, for now she was happy to exist that they were willing to co-exist without killing each other. She still felt guilty about lunchtime though; she hadn't meant to trigger Jackson's panic attack and she felt awful about it, even though it had been accidental. As far as she knew, she'd never had a panic attack but she didn't imagine them to be particularly pleasant. There was something else too. At home, stuffed in a drawer was her English essay, the one that she supposedly hadn't had recieved back yet. And it had a big red C slapped on it.

Lizzie stopped at the crosswalk and waited with a collection of other people for an opportunity to cross. So far, she had been doing her best to pretend that the assignment didn't exist. She had lied to her father, she had lied to herself, and had managed to slip it out of sight before anyone in her class had seen the grade. Thinking about it made her feel sick with worry. When she was around other people, her friends, it had been easy to pretend nothing was wrong to the point where even she believed it. But crossing the street and stepping onto the sidewalk, Lizzie couldn't shake it from her head. People like her didn't get Cs. They especially didn't get Cs when they had slaved for hours over an assignment. Thinking about it was enough to induce one of her stress nosebleeds, as she put her hand to her face and found that it came away wet with blood. She reeled back in disgust.

Fumbling in her bag for a tissue, Lizzie glanced around in hope of salvation- somewhere she could hide until the bleeding stopped. Luckily, she found that she was close to Remy's house. She had been so caught up in her own thoughts, then, that she didn't realise she had walked herself there instinctually. They were good friends, had been since freshman year. Out of all her friends, she thought he would be least likely to be grossed out and turn her away. Without a second thought, Lizzie stepped up to knock on his door. She hadn't seen much of Remy since they got back from summer vacation; she hadn't had time between balancing her social plans, her workload, and helping out her other friends. Not to mention her extra-curriculars. She waited for him to open the door, pinching the bridge of her nose in an effort to stop the bleeding and trying to stem the flow with a tissue.

wmv9rTTwmHo.jpg
Luna Trevor

"The Rebel"

Interacting with: jinkx jinkx AI10100 AI10100

Francis' response to her text made her laugh. He was such a weird guy. A nice guy at the core, and a friend, but still, a weird guy. He was sketchy but he wasn't a drug dealer at heart. His comments made that clear. On one hand, he was lucky that he didn't have a habit himself because that seemed to be the downfall of a lot of dealers, but he also didn't seem to know much about his own products... or drug culture in general. Luna didn't know any stoners that actually preferred smoking in groups than alone, outside of the ones who tended to get paranoid and needed to be around others to stop themselves from tripping out. Smoking by yourself wasn't as odd as drinking by yourself or something. Alcohol and party drugs prompted you to want to be social, but weed just made you want to eat and sleep. It relaxed you, so doing it with people sometimes negated the purpose unless they were willing to chill out too. Regardless, his comment about getting high alone being sad made her smirk yet roll her eyes, and the smuggle part made her chuckle to herself. She could buy what was in her hands (or someone of age could, at least) just three hours north in Boston. "Smuggling" wasn't a word that she would use to describe anything related to weed anymore. You'd rarely even get a ticket for getting caught with a personal amount of it anymore in the city. Cocaine and those sorts of things were a completely different story, but even if weed wasn't legal in New York, it was pretty normalized by then.

To: Francis
Alone or not, you still get my money! Don't hate!!

Ellodie received a text back as well, but hers was much more cheeky.

To: Ellodie
The only thing that I need from you is to bring me Chinese food in about an hour. Egg roll, sweet and sour chicken, shrimp w broccoli. Thx babe

Ashley-Benson.jpg
For the first few seconds after knocking, Arianna considered fleeing. She even took a step backwards, poised to run, before remembering: this was Francis. Her friend, the same friend who had gotten her the original copy of Grimms Fairytales. The thought brought a smile to her face, and she turned back to the door, sliding a hand into her back pocket while she waited for the door to open.

She didn't have to wait long. Seeing her friend and his familiar face brought a grin to her lips, and she stepped inside the lovely home, the door shutting behind her. "Very nice." She told him, looking around as he led her towards the living room. There were maids here and there, and Arianna tried to smile at each of them.

"What kind of games?" She asked offhandedly, pausing to look at a collection of movies, most of the titles unfamiliar to her. Truthfully, she wasn't much of a video game player either, but there was a first time for everything. Glancing over at Francis a moment later, she paused, regarding him carefully.

"You seem distracted." She told him, moving to the couch to sit, though she more perched on the edge of it than sprawled out across it. "Is it Gossip Girl?" She tilted her head, figuring that maybe he would be more affected by what the anonymous blogger said than she would, considering he had his hands pretty much everywhere.

"Or something else completely?"

---
Tags:
Francis ( AI10100 AI10100 )

giphy.gif
Francis Books

Interacting with: Arianna ( apolla apolla ), Luna ( lauren. lauren. )

Mentions:

Wild Woman
them
*photo*
them
Let's see if this lives up to the hype
me
Well I certainly hope so. That was hard to smuggle here but I hope it was worth it.
me
Tell me how it goes and I'll see about spreading it to the others. And please tell me you're not getting high on your own. That's just sad.
them
Alone or not, you still get my money! Don't hate!!
me
True. Just don't get in trouble because I won't be getting any more money from you anymore.

Francis placed the phone back in his pocket as he walked back to the living room with Arianna. He had leaned forward at the backrest of the sofa as he watched Arianna examine the movies and some series that were packed there. They weren't all his - he wasn't much of a watcher. He was much too busy to really sit down for two hours to watch one thing. At least for a video game, he can pause and save and pick it up again at a later date. In any case, the wide movie selection was his mother's. She loves spending her days shopping, hanging out with friends, drinking and watching movies.

So yeah, he hasn't touched those movies in a while.

"Mostly just first person shooters, fighting games and... uh, I think I have some more basic games." Francis replied, trying to think back of any other games that were fit for co-op. He wasn't sure if Arianna would appreciate him just dumping the controller on her and just watching her stumble around. Then again, it would be amusing but he wasn't that evil. Okay, maybe he was considering the thought of doing it just to see how Arianna would cope with it.

Her next question took him by surprise and he cursed inside his mind. Francis wasn't usually an easy person to read but then again, he was inside the confines of his home. He was much more expressive here. Maybe that's why he let his guard down. Francis let out a heavy sigh and rubbed the back of his neck. An on going battle of whether to lie or not was raging inside his mind. On one hand, he trusted Arianna enough to know that she wouldn't tell anyone of his worries. On the other hand, telling it to her would mean opening himself up to some vulnerabilities. It's not like it's any secret that there were some people who are trying to get under his skin and take full advantage of his services with no restrictions. It would be the end of him and his business - and he wasn't too keen on that. But, still, this was Arianna. She wouldn't try anything.

"Yes... and no?" Francis replied as he rounded the couch himself and sat down, gaze at the television playing some nature documentary. "As you would expect, considering GG's post, many have turned their suspicions to my business. Of course they wouldn't blame me for the rape allegation, but the drug might as well have come from me." It was common knowledge by now so he was still feeling at ease. "As I said to Em, Ellodie and everyone else, I don't sell date rape drugs. Even I have my standards." He paused as he began picking at the edge of his shirt. "Anyway, I personally hate the fact that something like that happened and, of course, I want to know what happened." He looked at her and simply let out the words because there wasn't any stopping now.

"I want to personally know the truth. Who is involved. Who is not. Because whoever did that has a lot more to answer for." He then looked back at the television and leaned back, wondering what Arianna's reaction would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back