• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Mandate of Destiny (Three Kingdoms/Wuxia Inspired) | CLOSED

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)

story

rules

locations

info

• What seemed like 1000 years almost turned into a blur, the Hua Empire had started to fall apart. Corruption had started to riddle the court as different factions attempted to vie for control of the throne. The cracks began to show as the Golden ave bandits rose up attempting to take overthrow the Hua Empire and free the land of the corrupt court. But despite this the bandits were divided thanks to the strength of the Imperial Army, but it was already far too late. When the bandits were quelled, fighting in the court became evermore prevalent. Two factions in the court had gain prominence, the first supported the Brother of the Emperor and the Imperial Marshal, Han Jue. The other was lead by a powerful eunuch who wished to take over the court, Jin She and place the Emperor's younger cousin on the throne to have control over the empire. Amidst the chaos, fighting in the court was prevalent and a number of some of the court's officials were murdered including the Imperial Marshal and the eunuch. With some notable members of the court fill, this gave way for an ambitious warlord to take the Empire for himself. One certain Zhong Ying, the Viceroy of the Western Territories who pacified the Golden Wave bandits on top of rebellions in the territories had one of the most veteran armies in the land.

The capital was pacified and the court was at the mercy of Zhong's advisors and the strength of his army was known throughout the land. Zhong Ying put the nine year old Prince of Xuabei on the throne while Zhong Ying named himself Chancellor of the Realm. At the behest of the loyal Hua ministers, the Empire had failed to live up to the majesty of its predecessors. The people were still suffering while Zhong annihilated anyone who opposed him sometimes annihilating whole clans of imperial officials who dared question his authority. This treachery will no longer be tolerated. An alliance has been mustered to march on the capital and depose the traitor, heroes will be made but can the empire be restored?

coded by weldherwings.

Sorry to disappoint everyone who showed interest, I'm not really feeling to gm this one. If anyone wishes to take the concept and plot they can by all means just not feeling this one

Last edited:
You had me at Three Kingdoms.. count me in! :D

Character-wise, I am thinking of creating firstly a minor vassal to kick start some plots (That may require the aid of other players, wink wink) to gain local power and later independence from one of the main Warlords. I think I may align my character with the new Chancellor, Zhong Ying to begin with and later work towards breaking free from his iron grip.

Last edited:
This is tempting me. I might join in. I'll think about it...

Just a little curious Sylvio Sylvio if you have a rough plan for when the RP will be starting? Furthermore, I am interested to know if characters from the Three Kingdoms Romance will be present or will it mostly contain 'generated' characters?

Just a little curious Sylvio Sylvio if you have a rough plan for when the RP will be starting? Furthermore, I am interested to know if characters from the Three Kingdoms Romance will be present or will it mostly contain 'generated' characters?
We have a good group going so far so once I'm done with my classes for today which will be late afternoon EST for me I'll set up a server. As for your second question, I'm not sure how to answer your question but its going to be entirely made up of our original characters. Your characters can be influenced by three kingdoms figures if you want them to be. Like I said this won't be a complete 1:1 representation and more of an extremely loose adaptation

We have a good group going so far so once I'm done with my classes for today which will be late afternoon EST for me I'll set up a server. As for your second question, I'm not sure how to answer your question but its going to be entirely made up of our original characters. Your characters can be influenced by three kingdoms figures if you want them to be. Like I said this won't be a complete 1:1 representation and more of an extremely loose adaptation

Aye, that sounds good to me. I just wasn't sure if any of the NPCs could be historical characters or be entirely made-up 🤣 Thanks for clarifying

I am interested! I do have to mention however, if I were to be accepted, I know almost nothing about the Three Kingdoms. Should I watch videos or learn more about it (I know you said it is fine to know little, but would you recommend I learn at least a little of the history)?

I am interested! I do have to mention however, if I were to be accepted, I know almost nothing about the Three Kingdoms. Should I watch videos or learn more about it (I know you said it is fine to know little, but would you recommend I learn at least a little of the history)?
I would definitely encourage you to read a little if you are keen to! The Three Kingdoms is a century long saga however and can take a lot of reading if you want elaboration on certain events, people, terminology, etc.

I know the feeling! 🤣 Despite the various games, films and the occasional documentary I have watched.. my knowledge is rather patchy in places. I would ask that if you find a really good source, could you please share it with me? Many thanks :D

Last edited:
Just tryna get a grasp on the type of characters yea want to grab.

We getting a gang together to go smack a few lads upside the head? Group leaders gettin together to do so?

Or we just goin with whatever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back