• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Manchester Academy for Soulmates

Characters
Here
Other
Here
Arthur
Interactions: Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom Dante Verren Dante Verren

Arthur finished cleaning the cupcake from his face, “I just need to be more careful how I speak to you.” He said to Rosalyn and shook his head. “Actually, if you just learned how to behave like a lady then I wouldn’t have to change at all.”

As Arthur was patiently helping Rosalyn with her breathing techniques, a cat came over and vomited on Arthur’s leg. “Vile vermin.” Arthur said as he grabbed a napkin to wipe the vomit off. “The creatures in this school are so disgusting.” He said. After wiping for a bit, Arthur realized he wasn’t going to get the vomit off. He looked at Rosalyn and said. “Be a doll and go to my room and bring me back a fresh pair of pants.”

Rosalyn Wilder

No matter what Rosalyn did in an attempt to find a way to communicate with her soulmate, his words had a way of cutting right into her and inciting her anger. She had come to the party with the intent to cut their thread, but had started to feel guilty about it for a bit earlier... until she ran into Arthur again. Any remaining hope that the two of them could find a way to make a relationship work died though with his following words.

Actually, if you just learned how to behave like a lady then I wouldn’t have to change at all.

Wouldn't have to change at all? At all?! Rosalyn knew that there was no way for Arthur and her to work if he had no intention of changing his ways. She didn't know much about relationships, but from what she had gathered, usually people were supposed to grow with each other and help each other change for the better. If this wasn't going to be possible with Arthur, then she didn't want to force him to remain in a relationship that was doomed from the start. He didn't have to change if he didn't want to, it was his life. Rosalyn just knew that she couldn't be a part of it.

As Arthur was trying to help Rose with her breathing techniques, a cunning cat came to the pinkette's rescue and vomited on his pant leg. Using the distraction to slip out of Arthur's hold, Rose began to back away as she told him he'd likely have to change clothes. Not paying attention to where she was going as she walked backwards, the pinked haired girl nearly ran into someone, again, if not for him speaking up.

I see the world wasn't super kind to you.

Rosalyn jumped a little, not expecting anyone else to be talking to her, and she turned to face the young man who spoke. She jumped again, finding an eerie cloaked figure in front of her, and accidentally let out a small "Eep!" Determining he was just another student and not the grim reaper coming for her soul, the strawberry blonde offered an apologetic smile. It didn't take long for Rose to figure out what Aki was referring to when he said the world wasn't kind to her, as she glanced between the cloaked figure and Arthur. "No, it wasn't..." She sighed, before her brows furrowed as she realized that the guy somehow must have known that Arthur was her soulmate. "Wait, how did you..." She began to ask, suddenly wondering if this mysterious guy could see her thread.

The amused smile he wore from watching Rose and Arthur's interaction fell back into a neutral look as he continued speaking. But at least it gave you better treatment than me... Rose opened her mouth to ask the guy what he meant by that, wondering what could be worse, but Arthur's voice interrupted her. Apparently he'd tried to clean the cat vomit off of him with napkins, but had also come to the conclusion that he'd need to change. Unfortunately, he expected his (hopefully) soon to be ex-soulmate to go fetch him said change of clothes.

Be a doll and go to my room and bring me back a fresh pair of pants.

Rosalyn's eyes flashed dangerously as she saw red. She'd been very patient with Arthur, or at least had tried to be, but this was the last straw. She was not his servant. She was not his anything! The young woman's hands clenched by her side, and she started to move back towards Arthur, so very tempted to smack some sense into him. Remembering that she now had an audience though, Rose stopped after only taking a few steps. "Get them yourself!" She replied through clenched teeth, doing her best not to scream at Arthur.

Glancing back to Aki, Rosalyn decided to test out her hunch that he might be a seer. "Hey..." She said, turning to face Aki again. "You said yourself that the world wasn't kind to me..." Rose began, grabbing her thread and holding it taught between her two hands. "Can you save me?" She asked, her eyes pleading for the young man she hoped was a Seer to help her. If he wasn't, then she would look completely insane, but that was the least of her worries right now. "Please... If for no other reason that to prevent a murder tonight." She added, mostly joking. Aki would at least be preventing further injury.

nine lives

• filler

Akira smiled brightly as she got dressed. Her roommate had already left, but Akira had said that she could go sooner. Plus, she wanted to shower and lord knows she takes the longest showers imaginable!! And! Now she could change and immediately look at the mirror to see what an outfit looked like on her. Could she do that in the bathroom too? Well, yea, but her closet is right here, so it's easier. She finally decided on her white pineapple dress, I mean, it has pockets!! Perfect for this party, which she assumed would probably have some alcohol at. She figured it probably wasn't the best idea to drink much, given it's the first night at the school. She quickly brushed through her hair, deciding to leave it down, and left her dorm room with a skip in her step. She hadn't had time to go meet her soulmate, and wondered if she should as she glanced down at her hand. She figured that maybe they'll be going to the party, which also decided that maybe she shouldn't be a cat right now, and that they'll just meet there. Plus! She'd be able to meet some new people! She had already talked to a few people at orientation, and then she was able to meet Julia also. She was really excited to get to know her more.

Akira soon made it into the school basement and looked around. There were honestly a lot more people than she had thought. She didn't know who she wanted to go talk to first-oh my god there's a food table. That's where she's going.

Akira Hayes

No one

No one

♡coded by uxie♡

• Ivy Hardstone
    Interactions: Evie Cook ( Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss )
    27cce09025b5e8355e82004b8359b217.jpg

Ivy kept up her own cheerful smile despite the other girls lack luster smile. She had just said that she was forced here and she really didn't look like much of the party type which meant she was out of her element. Stuff like that happens so Ivy could hardly be upset at her for not being energetic or enthusiastic. Ivy raised her own hand and very firmly gripped Evie's hand in a big handshake. Her father had always told her that a firm handshake meant that someone had firm character. "Hi Evie, nice to meet you. I'm Ivy and nope just a half dwarf and unless you count being short or being good with your hands as powers then I don't have anything cool." she said with a smile as she let go of Evie's hand.

Ivy tapped her chin for a second and chuckled lightly, "Evie and Ivy, those names kind of rhyme. Well not really, but if you say them fast enough it sounds like they could." she chucked again at her own joke. "So where do you wanna go to talk? Looks like they have seating so we can sit over there, or we can go grab snacks at the table... though it looks like there is something going on over that way so maybe not". As Ivy spoke she bobbed and swayed from left and right as to look past the other party goers. The fact that she couldn't see over people made it more difficult but she still managed to call out the two most promising areas. Part of her wanted to go check out the dance area as well, not because she was a goo dancer but because she found it fun. That didn't really seem like Evie's thing though so she left it out.

• Vex leaned against one of the corners of the basement with a drink in his hand. Normally the shifter wouldn't be at an event like this, but he'd kind of forgotten that that particular day had been orientation. So, this was his real first opportunity to interact with people. And yet, his sensitive canine ears were making it difficult to be anywhere but as far from the speakers as possible. He'd noticed his thread a while back, but considering how late he was he felt like his soulmate was probably at her room and likely not wanting someone to come in and disturb her. However, it wasn't hard for Vex to notice his soulmate as she walked down. The scent of feline drifting over despite the smell of alcohol. "A cat?" He laughed at the irony of his soulmate being something we was naturally inclined to chase. "Just hope she's not into playing hard to get." His tail began to sway quickly while his ears fell flat. Of course, his soulmate would head to the food table close to one of the speakers. The pounding music was so difficult for him to deal with as he got closer to the point that he had to back off. "Damnit." He grumbled while going back to his corner. He then looked at his thread and to his soulmate. It's worth a shot. He thought to himself and gave the thread a firm tug to try and get his partner's attention.
    Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss
    Outfit: this with a pair of jeans and his big ass coat over his shoulders

• Gene honestly hadn't expected all that to fall from Remi's lips, but it seemed to be a good thing that she was getting it out of her system. She sure didn't mind; in fact, it was a little relieving, since she had been a bit worried about her.

When she apologized, Genesis waved it off with her hand holding the can of beer, ensuring that she really didn't mind.

"You're good. Wanna talk about it?" she offered, nodding over to the exit. "We can always find somewhere to chill."

It wasn't what she had originally expected out of the night, but it also wasn't an issue. If she needed someone to lend an ear, Gene would be happy to offer it. Even though they just met, she seemed nice enough, and it always just felt good to offer some support to anyone that needed.

• filler

Evie kept up her smile, trying to put a little more...emotion into it as she listened to Ivy speak. She seemed like someone that Evie would get along with, as long as she'd be able to put up her lack of understanding in the emotion department. Perhaps they'd make a good team when talking to others too. She glanced over towards the table and towards the seating. It seemed like seating was where she could see more of the party, and maybe the music wasn't as loud, and hopefully no one would drunkingly stumble into them. "The seating sounds like a good idea," she said in her typical tone and walked alongside Ivy.

"Good with your hands could technically be a power. Where I'm from a majority of people do have some sort of power, which is why I had asked. It's still a little weird that I'm in a different place but I'm still able to use all my technology and talk to my mom back home," she thought aloud before shaking her head. Best not bore the girl before they have a proper conversation, Evie really didn't want to push someone away within the first few minutes of meeting them. "I have the ability to control plants, and create small plants," she explained and cupped her hands as she started to grow come common ivy, which she thought was fit given the name, "It's almost like talking to them, in a way. Not really, but the plants won't budge if they don't want to," she finished as she handed Ivy the ivy.

♡coded by uxie♡

• mood

sis needs another drink

PARTAYYYYY

outfit

tags

oh darling, go buy a brain

Nope. Nope nope nope nope. This is in fact the opposite of what Remi needs. More drinks. Drinks will make it better. That'll make everything better, right? Probably wrong but at this point her mind is swirling and at the center is a certain redhead. How do other people stand this? Constantly thinking about another person, not being able to escape them? I suppose most people wouldn't want to. How strange. Either way, she finds herself shaking her head at the notion of leaving to talk more. This girl seems sweet and all, but talking about her romantic interest is not how Remi wishes to spend the evening.

"Nah, I'm just gonna drink until I can't remember his stupid face" She chuckles to herself, raising her drink once again. Hopefully the room will start to spin soon. That would mean she's getting somewhere close to where she wishes to be.

"You're nice though. Too nice to be here I think" The girl smiles, running a hand through her hair. Maybe this school would be all right after all.

nine lives

• Ivy Hardstone
    The girl's smile widened as Evie created the small plant and handed it over to her. Taking it in her hand she inspected it and indeed it was the real plant, and Ivy for Ivy. "My first gift from a new friend at my new school. Thank you Evie!" she chuckled as she carefully slid the plant into one of her various front pockets. "You know that's a really cool power. Controlling plants is already cool, but being able to create new ones in the palm of your hands is awesome!" The idea of creating something new from thin air was exciting to Ivy. As someone who liked to make things, an ability like that even if it was just too make small plants would have been a dream come true.

Reaching the seating area Ivy quickly plopped down into one of the chairs and waited for Evie to sit down. Once they were both seated Ivy glanced down at the red string around her hand that led off into the crowd. She was curious about her soulmate and hopped that they were in the crowd, but she wasn't going to be like those rude girls and ditch someone, let alone when that person is her new friend. "So what type of plants can you make? Can you makes seeds as well and if you can make seeds can you make seeds for bigger plants but not the plants themselves?" Realizing that her curiosity was starting to get the better of her she gave a now sheepish smile. "Sorry for prying into it. Some people like talking about their powers others don't so if you don't want to talk about yours we can change the subject."

Poppy Sinclair

Foresight had never been one of Poppy Sinclair’s strong suits, and likely never would be. The possibility of missing most of her first day at Manchester, including orientation, hadn’t even crossed the girl’s mind when she decided to refuse both her father’s and mother’s separate offers to drive her to the academy. Instead of accepting her parents’ reliable rides to school, Poppy insisted on driving her old, beat up car that she’d saved up money to buy when she got her license. And so, until an hour ago, Miss Sinclair had been stranded on the side of the road after her car, ironically named Old Faithful, had broken down. And of course Poppy hadn’t remembered to charge her phone the night before, leaving her unable to call for help. Luckily, the school called her parents after she failed to check in, and her father discovered her 10 miles from campus after going looking for her.

Between being scolded by her father for not changing her oil, lectured by the principal for being late, and moving in all her belongings after dusk, Poppy hadn’t even had time to give soulmate threads a second thought. However, as she stepped into the dorms, bringing her within range of her potential soulmate, the spontaneous girl suddenly found a blue thread tied around her finger. After that, it didn’t take long for Poppy to shoo away her father by insisting she could handle the rest of putting away her things. Left to herself, Poppy paced her dorm room, staring at the blue thread with a deep frown as she wondered why it wasn’t red.

Patience also wasn’t one of Poppy’s strong suits, so knowing she had a soulmate but that he wasn’t hers yet, made her antsy. She didn’t want to wait for the future. She could hardly wait five minutes. Deciding that perhaps if the guy just met her, then maybe he’d figure his deal out and realize they were meant to be together now. It never occurred to Pop that maybe her soulmate had a red thread already, or had other reasons for not being ready. And so, armed with confidence and determination to win over her soulmate, Poppy started following the string to the guy she was someday meant to be with.

Impatient

Manchester Academy

nine lives

• filler

Evie let out a small smile as Ivy looked excited over the plant. She stopped for a moment as she called her her new friend. Has...Evie had a friend before? Does her mom count? She was never really sure. The thought of Ivy being her friend made her feel...warm in a way. She liked the feeling, whatever it was, so she gave a slightly bigger smile and nodded, "Of course, thank you." She hadn't really thought much of her power, but creatings something from nothing does seem really interesting when you put it like that.
    She gave Ivy her full attention. So, she was just as curious about things as she was. They really did have a lot in common. That's how you make friends right? Have things in common with them? She used to try, but most of the kids her age thought she was weird, so she'd always spent time outside instead. "Don't worry, you're just curious," she said nonchalantly, "Um, I can make any plant seed I believe. The biggest plant I'd been able to make was a 3 year old apple tree. But making my own plants like that uses my energy, so in theory I could probably make an older tree, but it'd take a lot of energy. Which could be dangerous. The plants I make myself are a lot easier to control than random ones out in the world. So that also plays into it. But I once took a dead tree and brought it back to life. But then I took a 6 hour nap and was still tired after."

♡coded by uxie♡

Arthur
Interactions: Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom

Arthur was surprised when Rosalyn refused to get him a fresh pair of pants. She was showing an ignorance of how a young woman was supposed to behave. Arthur wondered if the school made a mistake when it allowed her to enter. This wasn’t supposed to be a training school for disrespectful youths, but a place to match high minded individuals together. Arthur wasn’t interested in rehabilitating anyone. “It seems you need more than breathing techniques for you to learn proper manners.” Arthur said to her.

He left the basement. Maybe if she was away from him for a bit, she’ll realize how much she misses him, how lucky she is to have him and that could cause her to be more obedient. As he entered the dorm hallways, he ran into a cute brown haired girl. “What are you doing here my dear?” He said as he checked her out. “If you were at the dance, I’m sure I would have noticed you.” He smiled. "If you skipped the dance, then you are smarter than everyone else. The dance was full of very tedious and disrespectful people. My name is Arthur, and you are?”

Ivy Hardstone

Ivy listened intently to Evie as she explained her plant power. While it wasn't anything too flashy it sounded simple, cool, and really practical. Overall the power to create something was really awesome. She began to imagine the different things you could do with a power like that and her smile grew as her imagination took control. "Wow that sounds awesome! You must have the best garden. Since you can grow an apple tree can you grow vegetables and other fruits as well?" If Evie was capable of growing fruits and vegetables then Ivy would have to get some from her. If Evie was okay with it, Ivy could make her mom's hardy stew, one of the few dishes that Ivy actually knew how to make. Her parents always told her that sharing food was a good way to make and keep friends.

Realizing she had mostly been the one asking questions, Ivy decided to mix it up a bit. "I could probably go on asking you about stuff all day, so do you want to ask me anything? Whether it's asking or answering I'm a mean question machine!" She chuckled lightly at her own little joke and prepared to answer any and all questions her friend might have for her.

• Tetsuya watched as his soulmate processed his information and then gave a response that utterly shocked him. "You take it being rude to simply demonstrate to a person they need to back off?" He laughed heartily while wiping a tear from his eye. "My dear, how long have you been interacting with humans? I assume you aren't one based off of your analysis of that situation." He knew that he was being rude NOW, but it was too damn funny to him. "Humans don't back off when they think they know what you want. If you look at their very history violence is their way of expressing who is right and wrong." Tetsuya finally calmed down as the woman introduced herself. "I was still interested in whom the cosmos had chosen as my partner. And now I know." He sighed a bit heavily while looking at her. "A beautiful flower transplanted into a world that would just as quickly burn her alive as it would shelter her from the depravities of that very same world." He smiled cheekily. "I'd call that a bit romantic and tragic simultaneously. As is the kitsune love-life." His eyes looked beyond Cal for a moment as he remembered the teachings of his great-grandfather before he ran away. "Cursed to love, but never have it." The words left his lips without thinking.

Regaining his focus Tetsuya could feel himself finally returning to his easy-going nature. Surprisingly talking with someone so sheltered made him feel a lot better. "Now, considering you mentioned Dagda, I'd take it you're Celtic." He smiled deciding to try and move onto more pleasant topics. "Rather interesting to meet someone of the old faiths. Besides the school itself, what brings one like you out to the mortal world? Let alone this particular school." Tets was now letting his curiosity guide him.
    mood6 mood6

• Rosalyn Wilder

Perhaps the seer had taken pity upon the pinkette… Or perhaps he had seen the Arthur-induced fury in Rose’s eyes and took her words about preventing a murder to heart… Or perhaps he could see that fate had made a mistake in matching the two “soulmates” and wanted to correct things… Whatever his reason for deciding to risk breaking the rules to release the distraught strawberry blonde from her poorly matched soulmate was, Rose didn’t care. All that mattered was that he agreed, and as Arthur walked away after insulting Rose’s manners, the thread that bound them was unceremoniously severed.

It happened swiftly, and before Rose could doubt her decision, the red thread was no more. She gasped a little, half in surprise that it was so simple and half in anticipation of some kind of feeling or pain… But Rosalyn Wilder felt… nothing. A small part of her feared that she’d feel regret, or a sense of loss, or injury when her soulmate thread was cut, but she felt no different. Only when she held up her hand and gazed at the limp remnants of a black thread that dangled from her finger did the emotions finally start to wash over her. Emotions primarily consisting of relief and freedom. Whatever the punishment or ramifications would be from cutting her thread, they were worth it. A smile crept onto Rose’s face for the first time that day since running into Nicolai, and she turned with sparkling eyes to thank the seer for saving her… but he was gone.

Rose glanced around the party for a moment, trying to spot her savior, but he’d seemingly disappeared into thin air- like a fairy godfather of sorts. Making a promise to herself to one day find the mysterious boy and thank him properly, the pinkette allowed herself to relax a little bit and celebrate her new independence. After all, there was a party happening around her and a drink was in order! It was then, as she walked to the by now spiked punch bowl and reached out to grab a cup, that she noticed the flash of blue tied around her once bare hand.

Rose’s heart skipped a beat, and she froze, eyes cemented on the blue thread that led away to some new soul who belonged to her future. The relief that she’d enjoyed just seconds earlier suddenly seized up, and the young woman was consumed by a cocktail of emotions. Fear, annoyance, curiosity, and maybe even a little hope overwhelmed Rose as she realized she hadn’t fully escaped fate’s grasp. There was another student at Manchester that, for better or worse, would be in her life. The pinkette just prayed he wasn’t anything like Arthur. For both their sakes.

Coming back to her senses, Rose moved away from the table to make way for others as she contemplated what to do. On the one hand, she wasn’t terribly keen on breaking things off with Arthur only to be settled with someone else… and on the other, Rose figured she might as well discover if this guy was a jerk too as soon as possible. At least then, if he was immediately awful, she could just find the seer and have him cut another thread. Miss Wilder had never thought she’d be one to so frivolously think about cutting threads, but Arthur had definitely damaged her views on soulmates. Even so, a small part of Rose deep down hoped that maybe, just maybe, fate would be kinder to her this time around. And it was this hope that finally tipped the scales of her decision and spurred her to start following the blue thread to the young man connected to the other end.

nine lives

• filler

Evie nodded, "Yes, I can. My mother has a raspberry bush back home that I grew. I didn't know how big of a vase I was allowed to bring, otherwise I was going to grow one for here too. They're my favorite," she explained.
    Her eyebrows furrowed slightly as she looked deep in thought, "Do I have questions?" she mumbled to herself. It had been easy getting along with Ivy when she was the one answering her questions, but you're not supposed to make everything about yourself, so she should definitely ask her some also. But it can't be about powers....She hummed for a moment, "You said you are half dwarf and that you are good with your hands? Are you a builder?" Ivy hadn't understood what that had meant at the beginning, but it seemed they both would be a curious group, "I've never met a dwarf before."

♡coded by uxie♡

• Finnabar Mac Canna
    Current form: Human
    Interaction: Thalia ( Kiroshiven Kiroshiven )
    f19e16d94b772770af4c99632084bb62.jpg

"Aye getting a bad dose of attention from dosser's can be pretty annoying. " he said nodding in sympathy with the girl. "I was at the party myself, but got caught up helping a lass deal with one hell of an eejit. After it was pretty much resolved I came looking for you." he said frowning a bit at the still very recent fiasco he had involved himself in. shaking the frown away he went back to smiling. "The hound form is nice, but not much of a person for scraps. Instead I like to give a lash on my own. My cat form is much better for doing that." As he spoke he shifted into his cat form and struck a few poses before shifting back into his human form, satisfied with the presentation of his second animal form.

It was at this point that he realized she wasn't really paying attention to him. She seemed off in her own world, like something was wrong , or something was eating her up. He dropped his ear to ear grin for a reassuring smile. Walking around so he was standing in front of her and crouched down. Squatting on the ground he tried to get her attention. "Oi, what's wrong Aine? If you need to get a load off your back you have a Mac Canna in front of you. I will listen to what ever you got on your mind"

Arthur
Interactions: Desert_Blossom Desert_Blossom

Arthur was taken back by Poppy’s giddy squeal. He’s been used to Rosalyn’s cool indifference, dealing with childish enthusiasm is a welcome change.

You are too cute!

Those words are his soulmates words printed on his arm. “Truer words have never been spoken.” He said with a grin. “I would have noticed you, would you have noticed me?” Arthur said. “Your first words to me clearly answers that." Arthur put his arm out where her first words were written on his arm.

Arthur has heard comparisons to King Arthur and he continues to enjoy those comparisons. The reason those comparisons are made is of course just due to his name, but Arthur likes to believe its because King Arthur was known for being good looking and charming, which is what Arthur thinks about himself. “I’m like King Arthur, only better looking.” He joked. He couldn’t think of any comparisons for her name, so instead he said. “Poppy, like your personality and enthusiasm just pops out.”

I did it!

Arthur wasn’t sure what this was referring to, but he figured random outburst of enthusiasm is better than random outbursts of anger. “Would you like to see our room?” Arthur asked her and held out his hand towards her. He figured she probably knew that she has a separate dorm, but there’s no harm in trying.

• Genesis nodded with a short shrug, deciding that no good would come from pushing her. No good came from her using alcohol to ignore her problems like it seems, either--a familiar sight that Gene could usually gauge from a single conversation at a party like this one--but it wasn't Gene's business to dictate her intake. She didn't seem the dumb type; it was probably a very conscious decision of hers. Genesis could only stay by her side to make sure things don't get out of hand when she actually does get drunk.

"Alright, then."

She smiled lightly at her compliment, murmuring a thank you and taking another sip from her drink. Well, until it gets to the point that this girl can't walk, they should probably have some fun.

"To the dance floor, then?"

calista piereni

MOOD: soulmate lowkey hot
OUTFIT: petals.
TAGS: Kiroshiven Kiroshiven
MENTIONS: Tets
Cal finds herself somewhat smiling at her soulmate, though a few minutes ago she would've never thought that was possible. But seeing him smile brings a warmth to her, one she's never felt before. But, as all things, it fades before she even can get accustomed to the feeling it fades. Cursed to love, but never have it? As far as Cal is concerned, that is not true whatsoever. If someone loves her and deserves to be loved in return, then she will reciricate that feeling. If she won't love him, then he doesn't truly love her. Theoretically of course.

As he asks why she is here, her mood drops even further, though she isn't sure it's possible. Such a statement reminds her of the battles going on at home. The war that has been her life for the past few years. Living without that strategy feels like living without air. And it only has been a few hours. As other would say, fuck.

"I am a diplomat of sorts. My role is to show people our human side, so to speak"

code by low fidelity.

Cal finds herself somewhat smiling at her soulmate, though a few minutes ago she would've never thought that was possible. But seeing him smile brings a warmth to her, one she's never felt before. But, as all things, it fades before she even can get accustomed to the feeling it fades. Cursed to love, but never have it? As far as Cal is concerned, that is not true whatsoever. If someone loves her and deserves to be loved in return, then she will reciricate that feeling. If she won't love him, then he doesn't truly love her. Theoretically of course.

As he asks why she is here, her mood drops even further, though she isn't sure it's possible. Such a statement reminds her of the battles going on at home. The war that has been her life for the past few years. Living without that strategy feels like living without air. And it only has been a few hours. As other would say, fuck.

"I am a diplomat of sorts. My role is to show people our human side, so to speak"

• filler

Evie watched as Ivy proudly talked about her family's truck. She couldn't see why a truck would have such importance, but as she thought about all of the time and effort that Ivy and her family have obviously put into it, she can understand why. She looked a little more intruiged at her own journals, as Evie loved to keep a journal of the different plants and how to properly take care of them or which were easiest to control.

"It takes a lot for me to be startled, but passion isn't something that'll do that. One day could I see your journals? I can show you some of mine for plants," she knew that sometimes people liked to get things in return, but she was really curious about the different things that Ivy had made, "How long does it usually take you to build something?" Something she's learned about herself is that she likes watching people when they talk about their passion, she tries to do that with everyone she meets, because then it becomes easier to find them gifts for their birthdays.

♡coded by uxie♡

Ivy Hardstone
Interactions: Evie Cook ( Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss Like-A-Moss )

Ivy paused for a moment as as Evie basically asked if they could exchange journals, rarely did anyone have any interest in them... let alone have their own and want to exchange. Breaking from her pause, she nodded rather excitedly "I would love to see yours! I don't know much about plants but I bet I could learn a lot from them. Mine our a bit of a jumbled mess each one is for something completely unrelated then the last, but I can probably make a key for it to help. I could also try organizing them around to make them easier to read as well. " Ivy was getting giddy just thinking about having another person to have to talk about her passion. She was also excited to learn more about Evie's own plants. She wasn't expecting to find a friend like that here at the school, but now that it was happening she was already glad she had come to Manchester.

Ivy realized that she hadn't answered the last question. "Right how long it takes for me to build.... hmmm that is a good question. Honestly it just depends on what martials I have, what I had in mind, and how much time I have to work on it. Some projects can take a day others can take a month or maybe even a year. The key is not to rush it. It's fine if it doesn't come out perfect, but If I rush it then I wouldn't have been taking it seriously. I want to put my full attention into what ever I am making so even when it isn't perfect, I will still know I did as well as I could and can learn how to improve it. Thanks for talking with me Evie, I know I kind of talked to you out of no where and you probably want to find your soulmate, but this is fun."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back