Welcome to Manchester Academy
This academy is built on the bonds of Relationships. The school is full of children who are not yet bound to someone who may find their significant other while roaming the halls of our prestigious academy. You see, Manchester is an academy for Soul Mates.
Finding a Soul Mate
A soul mate is a person who is destined to be with you. The words you say will etch into their left arm while theirs will etch into your right. When you are near your soul mate, you will feel a tingling sensation in your arm and will have the feeling to look in their direction.
Soulmates can be told by a very beautiful string wrapped around their ring finger and making a line to their soulmate's ring finger. These threads may vary in color.
White means they were soulmates in a past life.
Red means they are current soul mates.
Blue means they are Future soul mates.
And lastly, black means a pair of soulmates who cut their thread in a previous life.
White threaded and blue threaded soulmates also have a red threaded soulmate. In either case, you must choose between Red or white/blue.
Seers are the teachers of the school. A seer is, basically, Cupid, but with a twist. Seers can cut the string of soulmates, causing them to fall out of love and even forget one another. Seers can retie them as well before the three days are up. Lastly, a seer can have a soulmate but, it is fairly unlikely.
Seers can also be students.
Seers have recently shown a new ability in which they can create strings. However, this string is not a particular color like a natural one. It is purple in the eyes of its creator, but red to any other seer.
Artificial Strings [Purple]
An artificial string is like any other string in the aspect it brings two soulmates together. However, this thread can be seen by those it ties together and therefor cut by them, seer or not. The thread will also break if the couple drifts apart fairly quickly.
If the thread breaks naturally, both parties will forget about one another but feel a sense of familiarity around one another but will never know why.
All students attend Literacy & Literature at 8. This class is an hour long and covers english and anything to do with the english language including, Novels, Poems, etc.
At 9, students hurry off to BioChem which is a combination of Biology and Chemistry. This class teaches Everything from how the world works to what it is made up of and is an hour long as well.
Next we have Social time. This is a period that take place from 11 - 12 where students can converse freely in the halls while the teachers prep for their arrival. this is also the time in which students grab lunch.
At 12:05, the next class is beginning. This class is known as The Arts. Broken down, a teacher will help the students learn about the various forms of Art. Painting, Drawing, Music, Sculpting, Poetry, Etc. Students are also given artistic projects. The class is a bit longer being a total of 1 hour and five minutes long.
At 1:15, students enter Historical Studies, or basically, History. This class is one hour long.
The last class of the day is Athletics. All students report to the conjoined gymnasium and Pool and can choose between an actual sport or playing water volley ball and having contests. This class starts at 2:15 and ends at 3.
after 3, students are allowed to hang out in the school, venture into the town, hang out in the dorms, or hangout outside the school in the courtyard or gardens. At 8pm, the school serves Dinner.
Girls and Boys each have a specific Uniform that isn't exactly mandatory but preferred over revealing clothing.
Males wear a white button up shirt and a black or dark blue jacket. They also have a lighter blue tie or a grey tie that is plain or striped. With this they wear plain black pants and black loafers.
Females wear a black plated skirt that goes to their knee. A white button up shirt and a light blue or grey jacket. Their tie is darker than their jacket and/or skirt. Lastly they wear a pair of black heels with a 2 inch heel. Plus white knee socks.
- All students must attend classes on a daily basis unless ill.
- No student may go off grounds after 8pm
- All students are expected to be in bed at 11pm.
- No student may have liquor, cigarettes or other similar substances on them or in their dorm. Students found with such items in their possession will have parents informed and be given a weeks worth of punishment in which they will mop the floors of the cafeteria every day.
- A person may have two soulmates, however, you must choose. You cannot keep both.
- Students are expected to show respect to one another and also the staff.
- You cannot play your own Soul mate.
- Cussing is allowed. But, please, don't make it the main part of your character's speech.
- No Oneliners. five sentences at least, it isnt much.
- Genders don't matter, but, be sure to look at other forums to get an idea on who needs a soulmate. That way you can make a character of the needed gender and/or sexuality.
- You may not bring in actual canon characters from animes.
- No Mary or Gary sues AKA no perfect characters. For each perfection, they must have a flaw. I.e: Angela is very helpful but has a very short fuse.
- Please have semi good grammar and spelling. I understand phones and all but, try to correct them.
- Avoid use of generic name combinations. I.e: John Smith.
- staff are NPC. Why? They are irrelevant to the storyline.
- If you have one approved character you dont need to have future characters approved.
- Delete chatter posts & tracks after being replied to or making your forums. It will keep the Thread from looking cluttered.
- The 'Approved post' after your forums will move as we get new applications. This is to differentiate who is approved from who isnt and allows me to save space for forums.
- Read all these? Great put "Thread of Fate" In 'Other'
[Spoiler=character name][Img]Image url here[/img] [U]Basics:[/u] [B]Name:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Age:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Species:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Gender:[/b] [i]Answer[/i][B]pronouns:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Personality:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~ [U]Deeper:[/u] [B]Sexuality:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Soulmate [leave blank if you wish me to choose]:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Thread Color:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]History (optional):[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Are you a seer? [A max of two per player]:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Theme Song [optional]:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ [U]Hey Roleplayer![/u] [B]Muse level:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Activity level:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Plot ideas:[/b] [i]Answer[/i] [B]Other:[/b] [i]Answer[/i][/spoiler]
Plotting & Chatting thread (click)
Roleplay thread (click)