• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Littleton, Montana, USA
June 1, 2023 Thursday

Note: Littleton is a fictional town comparable in size to Smallville. (Yes, the name is a pun. Guilty as charged.)

Plot
You can’t prove it yet. But slowly, one by one, people are changing overnight. They look the same - mostly. But their behavior? They just aren’t the same people they once were. It is as though they have been replaced by doppelgangers? How? Who? Why?

Are the newcomers aliens? Clones? Is this an invasion? How are they replacing us? Where are the originals?

Characters
Well, this should be obvious enough. You are a resident of Littleton. You can be a pillar of the community, a high school student, a taxi driver, whatever. There are a few key positions that won’t be allowed. Those would be THE key positions in town such as Sheriff, Mayor, etc.

Doppelgangers will NOT be allowed to start. Those won’t be available until the mystery of where the doubles are from. Doubles are NOT perfect copies. They can have scars the originals lack and vice versa.

In general, very young characters will NOT be replaced.

Yes, you may run multiple characters, but each will need a good CS.

Posting
3rd person, past tense
Semi lit to lit. Yes, I am easing up on this RP.
I prefer about a page, but like the posting skill, I am easing up. Still, try to come up with a few paragraphs - something to respond to.

Last edited:
I would be interested. Do you have more specific guidelines for character creation? Anything in particular you're looking for?

Just think of the sort of characters that would exist in a town like CW's Smallville (minus the whole superhero thing. Normal people. This doesn't mean they can't have moved there recently, maybe have been professionals in the larger world, ex military, a cop, whatever.

Basically they will begin to either notice changes in the behavior of the occasional neighbor - or hear a neighbor complain how their significant other is acting weird ...

This RP will eventually have a man in the High Castle feel. Some fringe science will be involved. Their will be a pretty serious plot. The invaders have a plan - at least they are supposed to.

I am probably going to locate Littleton about where Anaconda, MT is, but make it bigger. Not sure if people want me to to a spoiler, but I do have a specific timeline divergence point in mind.

This sounds promising. I'm definitely interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back