• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Man in the Mirror - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Very nice start! I'm especially intrigued by the opening bit about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Let the mystery begin!

Hmm ... might just have a character for yours to "bother" ... maybe .. maybe not. Would require him to go to a diner. Can't see a good reason when he has a wife.

Might send Xavier his way looking for work, but he'd be unskilled. So not so sure he could pass muster. Will sleep on it.

I'm good either way! Although, the first one does sound rather interesting. I will say that Rob may not be on the straight and narrow - not entirely. So, I can definitely see him moseying around town outside of his official capacity, dropping into his favorite haunts (perhaps one of the diners?), and chatting it up with the local crowd. What happens from there is anyone's guess.

Starting political career at 61. Hmm. I didn’t notice him already holding an office. Did you have something in mind?

The diner character wouldn’t even flirt with Rob. Age difference, and he is married. Big no no. She is one of those hard luck cases that just never gets ahead. One tragedy after another. My roomie might join us and run her. But she’ll have to use my laptop.

I just realized that I forgot to introduce the Sheriff. But I may create a deputy first.

Gotcha, that makes sense! Then again, I suppose that wouldn't prevent them from striking up a conversation. Hmm...if she is down on her luck, I could see him potentially taking her under his wing, offering her a job or some other opportunity to get her on the right track. Maybe he even comes to view her as a daughter; very protective and concerned about her wellbeing. Those are just some of my initial thoughts. Of course, if your roomie does join, that'll be up to her, but I would be open to hashing out some ideas. :xFsmile:

In terms of Rob's political career, I view it more as him taking advantage of a golden opportunity - and his status. He is a prominent businessman/member of the community, generally well-liked, and his ranch has a major impact on the local economy. He's curious to see if he can take that next step and obtain even more influence (and satisfy his lust for power) through political office. He may not be a career politician, but he feels like he can connect with people on an intimate level, which he can use to garner the support he needs. His situation is more akin to the fringe candidate who comes in out of nowhere to give the incumbent a run for their money - but sometimes, that fringe element succeeds. That's what he's aiming for here.

Added my waitress. Will probably edit the last part of her background to fit better.

And added a short diner scene. The stranger would look a bit like Laslow, from the movie Real Genius. He is a complicated character, All the friends he mentioned are fully written characters I’ll introduce as needed.

Looking good!

I'm thinking I may make Rob's introductory post with him coming into the diner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back