• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Man in the Mirror - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is the OOC thread for the RP. I would create a Discord, but many people don't have one.

Great character GBP GBP .

I need to get busy with mine. I have one who is going to be a ringer. But not really wanting to use him as a full time character. He's a born hero. Former Force Recon who will be living on his parents' ranch and probably taking up a job in Search and Rescue. So more of a part timer until he is really drawn into the story.

The Antagonists (the doppelgangers) will be almost exclusively Caucasian. This fits well into the region of the RP with is in excess of 95% Caucasian. NONE will be children at first.

I'm also working on my character. He's going to be a rancher, probably someone who has long-standing in the town.

Found me a much better character, but not a fixture. Just the opposite. Drifter sort. Needs some editing. And I have a second one that I can edit. Now that one has been everything from a god - literally to a superhero, to a college student, to .... you get the picture. I tend to start with personality, then add any genre based details. And there is a third one who is a survivalist. Literally. His parents were a couple of those End of Days preppers. He grew up in Y2k food - even after the turn of the century was well past.

Very nice! I'm definitely liking all of those so far!

Character creation is always an evolving process, but that's part of what makes it fun. I start with a general idea, but I never know exactly where it will end up until I have the CS done and posted.

Speaking of which, I did have a question I wanted to throw out there. For my character, I was debating whether to go older (60ish) or to keep him younger. Based on the type of situations that they will encounter throughout the story, would you recommend one over the other? Or won't that have too much bearing on things?

Actually, I recommend a couple of characters. Different characters will different perspectives on things. I mean, if some lady suddenly says her husband isn’t her husband, what would you think?

I will probably introduce the main antagonist early on. Though, you may not guess the right one. Lol...

Hmm...I see what you mean. So, maybe my main character and a couple of NPCs to balance it out?

For example, with my rancher character, I will have him as my main, plus any family (or workers) that live on the property as secondaries?

Just FYI:

All guns may be loaded and transported anywhere in the vehicle, even on your body. You may conceal carry in Montana without a permit if you are outside city boundaries, hiking or camping. You may open carry in Montana without a permit.

Montana recognizes the following states’ permits: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, New York City, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

For those wondering WHY. Montana is high country. Backwoods areas - and you you can literally walk far enough for this (5-10 miles is enough) will put you in position to meet up with bears, wolves, elk, bighorn sheep, etc. If you really plan to go out in the wild, I would forego the pistol - which would just annoy a bear - and opt for the rifle. Your chances are a little better.

Added two of the characters.

Still need to work on the Sheriff.

I have the ringer characters done, just no real need for them at the moment. Plus they need some editing.

If someone does an older character I may create one to compliment that character.

(Had a long work day. Tomorrow is my longest day of the week.)

Added Sheriff. Needs a pic, but I am at work on iPad. Will edit later. Just wanted a personality done.

Hmm...I see what you mean. So, maybe my main character and a couple of NPCs to balance it out?

For example, with my rancher character, I will have him as my main, plus any family (or workers) that live on the property as secondaries?
I didn’t quite answer your question. But yes, that’s fine. Even unrelated characters.

I plan to start on an intro post, the first part which may be placed in a Lore thread instead. Don’t let me forget to keep bumping the interest check to try to get more people.

I didn’t have one, actually. But in a nod to Anaconda, I came up with one. I have edited the Family section of Harmony’s character post to include it.

Thanks, going to include that in my first post. I am sending Erik that way.

Will work on Xavier's intro tomorrow. He is much closer to Harm's age. Just not sure if I would have him stay at a B&B as he is only 19 and on his own. Can't really afford it.

Well, got a post about ready. Just need to get at least one more member ready - or this is little more than a 1x1.

I can also create another character, if that would help. Harmony was my first idea, but I also had a vague outline of someone that would be considerably more connected to Littleton.

That works.

Xavier was introduced as someone in Harmony's age range. Just not sure how to actually get them to meet.

Erik has much potential for other uses. Trouble. Getting out of trouble.

But we still need more people to make this work. Really hard to get group RP's going. Way too many fandoms.

If Xander has survivalist roots, he and Harmony can always meet in the woods. She does like nature walks.

I’m honestly surprised that there hasn’t been more interest on this. I read the proposal, and was immediately interested.

Sorry, I'm still here. I'm going back and forth on a few things in terms of which direction to take, but I do intend to submit a character. I'll work on getting things finalized this afternoon/evening. :)

My CS is finally up – sorry again for the delay!

Hmm ... might just have a character for yours to "bother" ... maybe .. maybe not. Would require him to go to a diner. Can't see a good reason when he has a wife.

Might send Xavier his way looking for work, but he'd be unskilled. So not so sure he could pass muster. Will sleep on it.

First post is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back