• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

That Lass Over There

Constant Panic

• Soooooo

I'm just gonna roll with the assumption that most people don't know the magical girl anime "Symphogear", because I sure didn't until Gigguk offhandedly mentioned it as part of a joke in one of his many beautiful videos. The short of it is, a magical girl anime where the powers are given by song-fueled relics. The songs are honest and from the heart, and the use of the power is supposed to put a large strain on the user.

I say supposed, because I'm probably being overly critical about the writing of a kid's show that I saw a lot of potential in. To list the issues I had with it, some points of which I realize are unfair, it would look something like this:
    - The songs are supposed to be honest, from the heart, and as such huge opportunities for character moments... But I can count on my hands the number of times songs were changed, rather than the different song every fight that would have been much more interesting.​
    - As per genre standard (or at least I feel like it is) a mechanic called "climax song" was introduced in the very first episode - a song where a character sings through the blood in their throat as they push past their limits. The first time, it resulted in death; the second time, when used incorrectly, in debilitating but not permanent injury. Beyond those two the bone-chilling meaning of one of the girls singing "Gatrandis babel ziggurat edenal" was lost.​
    - The story was really, really weak beyond season 1. Season 2 had an okay story I guess, but it wasn't very good.​

So of course, I'm here to change all of these things, and hopefully provide a fresh experience to those who do know the anime.

Last edited:
People other than me have heard of Symphogear? Impossible.
Okay for real this time

I really didn't pay much attention to the plot of the series because I was just there for the fights, but I'm pretty sure the explanation given was that it's based on sync rates increasing the more the Symphogears get used.

I payed a lot of attention (I had hopes after all) and I did not notice any such explanation. The explanation that did exist was Hibiki's ability to take the burden of others climax songs onto her body, and the fact that she was partially fused with Gungnir. Needless to say, I don't plan on allowing such a thing. As a character-heavy writer, even just the existence of an ultimate sacrifice mechanic gives great potential to characters because of the decision of whether or not that moment is worth it to them, but undermining that mechanic not only undermines that but gets a rid of many other stakes in the story due to the audience's suspension of disbelief being broken.

I don't really intend to go full dark murder spree, it's just not cool to kill characters without permission, but I do want that option of power at a price to always be looming over characters heads, and see how that plus the pressure of humanity currently being in a losing position affects them.

I payed a lot of attention (I had hopes after all) and I did not notice any such explanation. The explanation that did exist was Hibiki's ability to take the burden of others climax songs onto her body, and the fact that she was partially fused with Gungnir. Needless to say, I don't plan on allowing such a thing. As a character-heavy writer, even just the existence of an ultimate sacrifice mechanic gives great potential to characters because of the decision of whether or not that moment is worth it to them, but undermining that mechanic not only undermines that but gets a rid of many other stakes in the story due to the audience's suspension of disbelief being broken.

I don't really intend to go full dark murder spree, it's just not cool to kill characters without permission, but I do want that option of power at a price to always be looming over characters heads, and see how that plus the pressure of humanity currently being in a losing position affects them.
Alright. That's fair. Now to find a prominent mythological weapon for my character to wield.

From my perspective, as long as it is something that meets the requirements of "historical/mythological relic", I'll allow it. It can get quite stale after so much RP seeing the names "Gae Bulg", "Excalibur", and "Durendal" for the thousandth time after all.

I'm just on season one of this (my friend begged me to watch this and I ended up loving it after just one episode). I'm still very early on though and don't know a lot of things, but it's great so far.

I'm interested!

I'm just on season one of this (my friend begged me to watch this and I ended up loving it after just one episode). I'm still very early on though and don't know a lot of things, but it's great so far.

I'm interested!
Welcome aboard! I’ve put the CS in the last tab, please let me know if you need any help filling it out. No worries about not knowing much, I’m gonna be changing quite a few things ;)

Eh, never saw this thing but It seems interesting enough to give it a shot

A sucker for musical stuff so I'm down.

Unfortunately, this never picked up off the ground since only one person sent me their character sheet. I appreciate the interest though! I’m considering turning this into a 1x1 in a week or two, so if you’re really interested then you could PM me or keep your eye out for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back