Make an anime sound really bad in 1 sentence.

The Omen of Death

My presence has marked your eventual demise.
Similar to a version I saw of this elsewhere on RPnation! Except now with animus! So basically go butcher an anime in 1 sentence and make it sound as shitty as humanly possible!

I will go first.

Crippled midget tries to get his brother's body back with a rock made from genocide. - Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood

Battle Royale, but with clairvoyant people through phones and an all too clingy girlfriend to boot! - Mirai Nikki/Future Diary

Freakishly huge naked people go around eating smaller people. - Attack On Titan

11th Prince in a royal family that is so disjointed, and broken with so many problems that it makes broken disjointed families look like a saintly family, revolts against his father because of daddy issues, also gets the power to make anyone do what he commands or answer anything he asks, also add a bunch of mecha's, social Darwinism, and genocide, and you get a show about terrorism. - Code Geass

Brilliant Japanese Neurosurgeon in West Germany rebels against his corrupt, greedy, totally not capitalist Hospital bosses by saving a boy shot in the head instead of the mayor of some shitty city, after totally getting a punishment that is vindictive as all hell and ruins his chances of advancement,

He rants over the seemingly unconscious boy wishing they were all dead, and surprise, surprise, his bosses end up dead by poisoned candy the next night, and he gets promoted to fill the spots. And then years later he finds out that the boy he saved is a Monster and that he is a devilishly handsome serial killer as well as intelligent as all hell!

And that the boy was actually conscious and decided to be a kind little boy and kill his bosses to help out the Neurosurgeon, now the Neurosurgeon goes on a wild goose chase to put a bullet in the Monster's head, oh and the Monster's sister who he had an elaborate plan to meet by her 20th or 21st birthday is also now out to put a bullet in his head, and did I mention a ruthless detective of the Police is going on a wild goose chase too to arrest the Neurosurgeon because he is convinced he did the crime? - Monster

(I just realized Monster's one is way more than one sentence, but who cares! It sounds horrible now, and you will probably never want to watch it now!!)

History on crack but with more yaoi and shipping and with hot anime characters who are personifications of countries . - Hetalia

Pokemon with ancient famous dead people who are looking to get a pretty cup that grants wishes but eventually screws everyone over anyway. - The Fate Series

A bunch of pretty pathetic students are bribed into killing their teacher. - Assassination Classroom

Last edited:
Gundam, extra drama, machines on steriods, MC cries more than usual- Evangelion.

Spinning tops becomes a popular thing in the world for some unknown reason and because people seem weirdly fascinated by it they dedicate entire tournaments and matches, broadcasting these spinning tops live on TV, just to watch a bunch of kids scream and shout at them for hours on end only to feign serious injuries.- Beyblade

An angsty teenager, sick and tired of life stumbles upon a book and begins writing names in it. Coincidentally enough, the owners of those names all end up dying due to bad life choices or simple eccentric coincidence. Thinking he has some kind of power said angsty teen goes on a 'killing spree', claiming false ideals are righteous, and makes friends with his highschool stalker and some really tall guy that loves make-up and apples and just wants his damn notebook back.

Meanwhile his archenemy ends up being some NEET whose really good at eating cake and making guesses, later on he gets replaced with NEET 2.0 and overdramatic edgelord.- Death Note.

MC dies multiple times, sometimes for no reason and the only way to power up is by screaming REALLY loud for seventeen episodes straight before actually doing something worthwhile. - Dragon Ball Z Kai

A bald guy thinks he can kickass but really everyone he fights are actors that he pays to make himself look good. In the process he joins a 'Hero Club' where people just like him sport seniority on the status of 'hero', while he just tosses more money out to prove he's better - One Punch Man

12 episodes of people eating cake and bread, and at some point there's a coup d'etat, maybe?? - ACCA: 13 Territory Inspection Department

A massive anime crossover... starring a bunch of characters you've probably never heard of. - Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still

Local kids sign a contract with a creepy stuffed animal, gain unimaginable powers, then suffer. - Puella Magi Madoka Magica

A bald guy thinks he can kickass but really everyone he fights are actors that he pays to make himself look good. In the process he joins a 'Hero Club' where people just like him sport seniority on the status of 'hero', while he just tosses more money out to prove he's better - One Punch Man
This one is absolutely brilliant and hilarious, it's a great way at looking at what it could be if Saitama wasn't actually as powerful as his feats in the show prove. Also loved the Death Note one too.

This makes it sound like an anti-climatic DBZ, I guess screaming for 1,000,000 episodes straight provides more than this? I love it.

It's fascinating in how relaxed it is. The lyrics of the opening theme hype you up for some WHO CAN YOU REALLY TRUST political drama then it's just this chill as heck dude going around the country meeting people and eating lots of food. Then when the coup plot hits you expect the show to kick into high gear but it stays... very relaxed the entire time.

Main Character dies repeatedly often in rather pitiful ways often made out to be made a fool and be pitifully weak compared to most people he associates with. - Re:Zero

Main Character dies repeatedly often in rather pitiful ways often made out to be made a fool and be pitifully weak compared to most people he associates with. - Re:Zero
Oh yes, and then the show pisses on most people's hopes and dreams with 3 simple words. 'I love Emilia.'

Mirai Nikki - Battle royale where a little boy and his yandere love interest must overcome the trials of the ex machina. Literally.
Fate Series - Glorified murderfest where king arthur, a golden jerk, a bunch of hero wannabes fight over a sentient golden cup that exists only to screw with your fucking mind. Also, people don't die when they are killed and just because you're right doesn't mean you're correct.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part I: Phantom Blood - A British boy with purple hair teams up with a mobster, a mustache-wielding man from Italy, and a bunch of kids to bring down his adoptive brother who's also a vampire.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part II: Battle Tendency - An American of British descent teams up with the same mobster but older, a nazi cyborg, an Italian nazi sympathizer who uses bubbles as weapons, and a 50-year-old lady who looks like a hot 16 to bring down 3 ancient Mayan homoerotic vampire strippers before they can turn into ultimate lifeforms. (Needless to say, this is the best part.)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part III: Stardust Crusaders - An old American of British descent teams up with two Japanese high-school boys, a black man who likes comic books, and a french man who likes to wear as little clothes as possible to bring down the same vampire from Part I.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part IV: Diamond Is Unbreakable - Diamond is breakable, lol.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part V: The son of the vampire we talked about sets out to purge a mafia of its corruption, by making another mafia.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part VI: People don't like this part because they got used to muscular men and the protagonist is a manly woman.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part VII: Some guy on a horse teams up with another guy and now they follow a mad-dash race to get a load of cash.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Part VIII: Retrograde amnesia in a nutshell.

Almost forgot.

Code Geass - Follow a masked man on his adventure to complete the most elaborate prank in the history of mankind and royally screw over all of the world in an epic batman-xanatos gambit that only an omniscient being could fucking comprehend, all for the sheer purpose of fucking with your mind and trolling you so hard that you become a peaceful, gentle human being. Also, MIND CONTROL AND CONSPIRACY.

tokyo ghoul- society wants to exterminate the cannibals, but the cannibals fight back.

Ok I know PMMM has already been done but don't judge me
A bunch of depressed lesbians who fell for the 'free wish' bull and accepted an offer from a magical space ferret that only has one facial expression and no emotions. ~Puella Magi Madoka Magica

A girl goes on a quest to find a bunch of deadly outlaws to defeat the 'holy' people trying to take over her kingdom and finds the captain who needs to keep his hands to himself~ Seven Deadly Sins

A story of a great ninja with 75% of the episodes being filler and a second series that is most likely the same way. ~ Naruto

Basically Final Destination, but without all the sex, and now with creepy dolls, and curses! - Another

Basically the Japanese Deadpool, but with samurai, aliens, and a Neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon, which is basically a cannon shaped like a dick. - Gintama

The opposite of Dragon Ball Z, bald man goes around killing enemies in one punch, which makes you wonder whether you would rather sit through 17 episodes of screaming and sitting through aimless dialogue in a fight that is supposed to be 5 minutes long. Or watching a man kill a monster in one punch and then go struggle to get something out of a vending machine. - One Punch Man

A teen tries to be a hero and fails miserably as doing just that, being a leader, and making lonely rich bitch like her, and the teen then leaves on an adventure after an unfortunate event with one of her friends with her friend's team after 3 volumes
+ Weak boy who hacked his way into an advanced fighting school and didn't expect anyone to find out ~ RWBY

"ONII-CHAN!!!!!"

- Every anime ever

Jojo would like to have a word with you.

A bunch of depressed lesbians who fell for the 'free wish' bull and accepted an offer from a magical space ferret that only has one facial expression and no emotions. ~Puella Magi Madoka Magica

I never really got the "all/mostly female cast = everyone is automatically gay" logic.

A teen tries to be a hero and fails miserably as doing just that, being a leader, and making lonely rich bitch like her, and the teen then leaves on an adventure after an unfortunate event with one of her friends with her friend's team after 3 volumes
+ Weak boy who hacked his way into an advanced fighting school and didn't expect anyone to find out ~ RWBY

Also, I've been noticing more and more people call RWBY an anime. Why is that?

Loser teen finds magic book and thinks he's all that and a bag of (potato) chips after he gets some snazzy new powers. Unfortunately for him, he evil monologues so loudly that people start figuring out he has that edgy magic in the first place. -Death Note

Jojo would like to have a word with you.

I never really got the "all/mostly female cast = everyone is automatically gay" logic.

Also, I've been noticing more and more people call RWBY an anime. Why is that?

Loser teen finds magic book and thinks he's all that and a bag of (potato) chips after he gets some snazzy new powers. Unfortunately for him, he evil monologues so loudly that people start figuring out he has that edgy magic in the first place. -Death Note
I think most people consider it as one due to the style
(( Totally just didn't want to poke fun at RWBY for once ))

I think most people consider it as one due to the style
(( Totally just didn't want to poke fun at RWBY for once ))

So Avatar the Last Aribender is an anime as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back