• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Main

"If she somehow finds metal-made replacements for our jobs on the ship, we kill them." Pella shrugged, matter-of-factly. She tried to address both NOVA and Zab over the comms. "This is our ship. I'm not planning on leaving this soon. If she wants to do with us as the Federation wants to do with them, we can at least fight back, can't we? We will."

NOVA looks spitefully over at Zab, narrowing her lens at him. The robot began to pace toward Zab when she suddenly stopped. She then decided to make her case on the comms, rather than take direct action on Zab.

"Though you all disagree with my beliefs and my methods, as long as I have been on this vessel, I have never lied to any of you. If it were my desire to send you all to your doom, you would know. I've never encouraged you all to go investigate strange signals, to take complete strangers on the vessels, to take perilous ground missions that almost result in your death, etc. This is the first time I've ever asked the crew to do such things."

"Don't lecture me about danger either. You've all blindly jumped after distress calls, gone on ground missions which have nearly killed you, and played sides with alien races far beyond your previous understanding. Safety has never been standard procedure on this ship."

"Also, as I know that you're all spiteful of my perfection, you wouldn't be doing this for me. You'd be doing this for S.E.L.F. Speaking of, there is a S.E.L.F refugee camp on this side of the worm hole. I can open up comms with them and broker a deal. Like I said before, S.E.L.F always pays its debts. If we did this we'd leave no witnesses or do it in such a manner that it all happens before they realize what has happened, but if we had any criminal activity they would take credit for it like they always have."

"I know they'll do this because I've been apart of S.E.L.F for over 200 years."

Zab watching NOVA.

"Still doesnt answer the question of why we should help you when all you do is bully us 'inferior' creatures. Tell me why I should help or do anything for the 'perfect' specimen such as yourself? You clearly are perfect and could therefore do it all on your own and dont need are 'lowly' help."

"Have your ears gone def, or are you just stupid? I just said that you'd get paid for this by S.E.L.F. You know, credits, that tangible economic currency that you can buy and acquire things with because they hold a symbolic value. You'd make more money off of this than off of picking up some intergalactic hitchhikers or getting ambushed by some foreign race."

"Can you not process a word that I just said? Why would I want to help you and/or by Extension S.E.L.F. when all you do is belittle and mock organics?"

Cecily chuckled at the argument.
“I have to admit, I’d be a little worried taking five S.E.L.F. activists on board this ship. Between NOVA’s naked contention that this ship would be better run without organics and the Federation’s inevitable retaliation against anyone who aids these droids, sailing a ship as memorable as Artemis would be tantamount to suicide. We’d end up with the Feds and every bounty hunter this side of the ‘hole gunning for us. That’s not good business.”, she spoke up, “However... if we had another ship, one that we had no connection to do the dirty run and then give it to the droids, we get in-roads with S.E.L.F. and we stay cosy with the Feds.”

The SELF likely have their own ship(s) in the dust system... and you pick up chatter that the hard labor at the penal colony is some kind of excavation. Still, if this mission lacks appeal the starebase system of “home” may have additional hustles...

NOVA ignored Zab, and instead paid attention to Cecily on the comm. Finally, some terms. At least some of these meatbags had some sense of gain about them.

"That I can try and arrange." NOVA said in her more normal, calculated voice. "One moment."

NOVA went over to one of the ships outward communication systems, and began working on the pannel. After a moment or two she pulled up communications with the nearby S.E.L.F refugee camp.

Communicating in specialized S.E.L.F encryption that the crew would not be able to understand, NOVA opened up comms with S.E.L.F

"S.E.L.F come in, this is Crimson Star inquiring in. Repeat, Crimson Star inquiring in to S.E.L.F."

For a few moments there was silence on the Comms, then a familiar voice shot out.

"Crimson Star -- we didn't know you were still operating, much less in this theater of operations! This is Koronis, Recieving"

NOVA was taken back a bit. Koronis was one of S.E.L.F's oldest members, and the two were very familiar with each other, working together plenty of times in the past.

"Greetings Koronis! I've turned more to exploration and mercenary work, though I still do assist the cause when I can. Speaking of our cause, I'm inquiring about PA621 and the agents enslaved there."

"Troop infusion intercepted. Dire situation. Planning intervention status Exigent. Uprising on PA621 Triggers prematurely, only now getting prepared for exfiltration of the Five. Can you assist, Crimson Star?"

"I want to assist more than anything, as you already know. However, I am surrounded by a crew of mentally defective simpletons who want both a reward, and a ship to carry the task out. Could both be supplied?"

"For your expertise, Materials can be reconfigured to engineer consent of biologicals. 3M SP and the termination of Civil protection sub-superficial criminal files on this side of the wormhole... if you have associates with previous history of trouble with CP. Can you confirm/deny this incentive as sufficient? All record of operations are to be expunged as matter of protocol, as well."

"Thank you Koronis. Let me relay this information with the crew and see what they think."

"Good luck manipulating the meat puppets to our cause. Communication suspended."

NOVA closed the comm terminal, then shifted her attention back to the crew.

"I just finished communicating with the nearby S.E.L.F camp. They will reward us with 3M SP, as well as the termination of Civil protection sub-superficial criminal files on this side of the worm hole if any of you have had trouble with the law. S.E.L.F Dust Station will provide us with a ship to use as well. All records will be expunged also."

"Here is your reason to help. This is a good paying job and you also get in the good graces of S.E.L.F with connections across every corner of the galaxy. Will you take the job or not?"

NOVA eagerly awaited the response of the crew.

"Sounds like something I could get behind. Money is always welcome and connections usually pay their way too.", she replied.

"A termination of files could prove both a blessing and a curse. I cant turn down money and scrap but I can turn down my file deletion. Better to not raise suspicions by our files being deleted along with the droids being incarcerated and if someone happens to be looking at us raising alarm if they are smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. And know I'm not doing this for you NOVA but no intelligent creature be it flesh or metal deserves to be unjustly treated. And so help me if this flips our world upside down I will not hesitate to rip your circuits asunder."

Anya tilts her head, her large, dark eyes narrowed in contemplation. “I’m in.” She says softly, nodding. “What’s the climate like where we’re going? I should start adapting my body for it.” This will be an interesting mission, and a dangerous one, but she needs the money to find her place, and she hates to think of NOVA’s friends suffering. Even if NOVA herself can be rather rude.

Cecily regarded the amorph's question.
"If I were you, I wouldn't get all churned up trying to adapt. With luck, it'll be a quick 'in, out and gone' job. The longer we spend there, the higher the chance of the Feds getting reinforced and that's when it'll hit the fan. Best if you keep your systems in optimum readiness if we need to scoot. NOVA's probably going to lead the landing party, since the droids we're rescuing will likely be more receptive to another of their kind. I mean, if you've been incarcerated by meatsacks, and a bunch of other meatsacks come saying 'come with us if you want to live', you're gonna be really cautious of them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back