• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Main RP

KiKi Kitsune

The Fire Panda Fairy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome to Earth. It's not quite the earth you may think it is. Please read up a bit to make sure you have all necessary equipment. Your guide, The Amazing GM of Awesomeness, will help you along, so please don't rush ahead or you might meet an... unfortunate fate. A little patience goes a long way~

TLDR: Wait for GM before posting in the main RP thread. Thank you.

OPENING POST

It was a moderately warm day. The air was muggy to an unbearable extent. Especially the two leaders who lived in far different circumstances than what Tsuri provided. The king of Chaski was doing his utmost to appear that the heat was not affecting him, but was easily given away by the sweat pooling on his brow. Suna's leader, on the other hand, was doing fairly well at hiding his shivers with his jaw was tightly set to prevent his teeth from chattering.

imageproxy__1__by_lazygout-db2dcd4.jpg
Tsuri's three main speakers for the event sat side by side at the circular table. Next to them sat a cheery void demon, jotting down notes in a notepad. She scribbled something before pointing her pen at the Chaski royal. "So, Lasun-" the king twitched at the informality "-have you heard anything about this prior to this informing?" The redhead watched intently as king Lasun took a deep breath to calm himself. While all the leaders were used to this void and her two identical sisters, there were some things that irked each of them individually.

926fda1d4cbdcc2bb0c1547cf28e008f_by_lazygout-db2dch7.jpg
King Lasun who was getting on in his years, felt it difficult to keep up with the youngsters sometimes. However, he knew better than to show this weakness when Suna's leader was in the same area. The king glanced at the armour clad man before clearing his throat. "I have heard mention of it once in passing. I did not-" and still do not "-see it as an important matter to pursue further." Lasun looked at the others at the table. "I am certain there are far more pressing matters that should be attended to than a few little disappearances."

The young void girl frowned slightly, blowing hair out of her face. Even so, she dutifully wrote down what the king said. It was clear to any who cared to look that she wasn't in agreement with the king's statement. Her brow furrowed in thought as to how she may be able to change his mind. No... she was just a scribe, a peacekeeper, and someone to relay the information.

5cf8843fe18aa8318d42f29556cb17a6_by_lazygout-db2dcg3.jpg
"Sudal, what is your opinion on this matter? Have you got any further information, perhaps?" The void turned her attention to the armour wearing leader of Suna. The man closed his eyes for a few moments, arms crossed as he thought. His icy blue eyes looked at the king as he spoke. "While I understand King Lasun's point, I have to disagree. These kidnappings are a serious matter. Even if they are not happening in out immediate vicinity, that has the possibility of changing." He glanced briefly at the others in the room, but his eyes rested on Lasun once again, almost challenging.

"It is quite possible that whoever is the culprit is targeting the coastal villages to try avoid detection by the larger cities, and thus, getting caught. If we let them continue, they are likely to move to more highly populated areas. I believe it's best that we deal with this problem before it gets out of hand." While he managed to keep the smug look off his face, it was clear in his voice. King Lasun scowled, fists clenching in anger. Bloody youngsters. Always so full of themselves, thinking they knew everything.

ctkhe6ywyaeavx3_by_lazygout-db2dcgv.jpg
The void's previous happiness returned. She quickly scribbled down Sudal's words before turning bright eyes to the last faction to speak their opinion. "So, last but not least, how does Tsuri feel about this?" The three speakers looked at each other, whispering a few words before the tall, dark haired man coughed into his hand. The small female and the giant watched quietly. "Tsuri has had rumours floating around for a while now, but nothing... set in stone. As such, many are conflicted about how to approach the issue. Some agree with Mister Sudal's standpoint-" The Suna leader straightened up with the slightest smirk on his face. "-but others feel that doing that might detriment whoever sends forces to sort it out. They fear it may be a ploy by one of the other kingdoms to weaken forces." Despite the clear outrage both the other leaders showed, the Tsuri speaker did not falter in his voice or stance.

Before the Chaski and Suna leaders could loudly voice their thoughts on what the Truri speaker had just stated, the void demon jumped up with a clap of her hands. All attention turned to her, thankfully. "Thank you for voicing the feelings of the Tsuri populace, Dorem." The dark haired Tsurian nodded in response and seated himself. "So it seems there is a 50/50 split over what to do. The main concern being wasting forces that could be used elsewhere." After looking at the others, they all seemed to agree that was indeed the case. "Well then, perhaps we can all find some sort of compromise."

Several hours passed as the leaders spoke intently as to what they considered the best plan of action. Sudal was intent on sending the best and having the problem solved as quickly as possible. His main argument being that then it wouldn't be a worry and they would be back to full strength faster. Lasun, on the other hand, was dead set against sending anyone, stating that any forces sent to investigate could be doing anything else.

For the most part, Tsuri and the peacekeeper kept quiet. Even so, they all eventually reached a consensus. As soon as it was deemed appropriate, they all left with great haste. The Tsuri representatives spoke with the void for a bit longer before they too bid their farewells. The Tsuri reps were going back to the board to explain what had eventually been decided.

The young redhead stayed behind, looking over her notes for a few moments. She leaned back, cracked her knuckles and popped several joints as she stretched. With very little concentration, a crack appeared in the air. Slowly, the crack grew to the size of her face, absolute nothingness seen on the other side. Sound made its way through. First inaudible, as if someone was crumpling autumn leaves against each other. Eventually the connection stabilized and the void demon could make out the voices of her two sisters.

"Hey girls. I have some news to report and a job for you to do."

In all three major cities, a red-headed void demon ran about, eyes darting between every demon they passed. Find people to send on this expedition.There can be rewards offered if that's the only way to entice them. Make haste. That task rang loudly in each of their heads as they scouted the cities. The well known void triplets ignoring most of the greetings others offered to them for once.

Mila, Mira, and Mina often paused to keep their other sisters updated. Some were clearly struggling more than others, either having difficulty persuading people, or finding any people worth pursuing.

GM Note

Okay so, it has begun. Please make a post saying what your characters are doing in the city so the triplets can find them. It is early afternoon if that helps.

Last edited:
"Aw come on Officer it was just one." The silver-haired of the duo said as they were nudged down the street by a very irritated law official. He wouldn't be nearly as irritated with the boy's nagging if this was the first time he had encountered them.

"No. It was one sack of copper. An entire bag."

"So you agree there was just one thing?" The blue-haired one exclamed, finally piping in. The man rubbed his temple, grumbling to himself and cursing his own fate. He was almost tired of arresting them. Granted this was only the fourth time, but at this point it seemed they got caught just for the hell of it. V shook the shackles around his wrists as they walked creating an annoying repetitive tune that seemed to creep below the man's skin. Snapping, he unlocked the handcuff's and placed them back in his pocket. They were useless anyway.

"Aaaaw you never let me keep them. I'd at least expect I get something in return like maybe a coffee next week when your shift is done."

"No."

Turning a corner it was with sweet relief he saw his carriage and trusted horse. It's smoking mane falling to the ground in silent plumes.

"I see old Sharon is still as chubby as ever you should really change her diet." Luke noted boredly. The statement earned him a hard shove into the carriage. Luke scowled.

"Just for that we're gonna break out in an hour."

"Like I care anymore." The officer sighed defeatedly. He couldn't find the energy anymore to argue with them. One may be easy to handle, but two? Impossible. There was a pause. Where was the other one? Usually he follows in right after.

"Hello you wonderful angel! Do you have a moment to grace me with your beauty?" He called out waving across the street at a young red head. Oh not this again. The officer took to his side and signalled to the lady to leave.

"I wouldn't if I were you. They don't seem like much, but these two are impossible." He said gesturing to the other one who had cracked open a book and was now lounging in the carriage bored. V smirked.

"He's just upset that we're really strong is all." V said beaming happily. The officer side glanced him and once more sighed. He couldn't even deny it.

Naomi was running through the long streets of Tsuri desperately weaving and twisting between the few civilians who were walking around at this time of day. Why on this planet did she accept two completely different jobs on the opposite side of their large city? She looked at her list once more during her run, mentally counting and checking she had all the tools needed for this home repair. Her eyebrows furrowed as she mouthlessly mumbled the words scrolled in front of her. With a jolt she she pulled forward.

"I forgot the wrench!" She shouted and in a moment of blurry haste she crashed into what felt like a soft, red brick wall. Falling backwards she was disorientated, spots dancing across her eyes. No, no, no stopping! She thought recovering immediately, partially due to her mending and partially due to the fact she had no time to waste. Gathering her things off the ground swiftly she was about to leave when she noticed the red 'wall'. The girl before her clasping her head.

Naomi paused, placing two and two together she immediately started panicking.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" Dropping everything once more she placed the palm of her hand on her forehead.

"Are you hurt? How many fingers am I holding up? Do you have a concussion?" A bright idea suddenly went through her mind.

"Do you want me to mend you? I can mend you! Just say yes and I'll fix you asap!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Amidst the busy tavern and an unbearable heat a silver haired Undead grumbled about the heat as he carefully pieced together a human relic or rather a replica of one as single action revolvers haven't been made in a millennia or two.

"So What are you doing this time and what did you spend an ungodly amount of money on." A tall dark haired woman crept up from behind young man with a sizeable stack of papers and a scowl on her face

"Replicating a single action revolver which is a step above your blunderbuss and that ungodly amount of money went into metals, and my gluttonous eating habits"The boy looked into the empty barrel of his creation which was almost done, sadly he has yet to make the proper caliber bullets and the brass cartridges to go along with it thus it's main purpose is to satiate his curiosity and to annoy his mentor which seemed to have worked.

"I see, well you can say goodbye to your day off as we'll be finalizing the deal with the merchant Orchello was it?." Freya said as she sat on the chair across from Nito before pulling out a cigar and asked the nearest fire elemental to light it who obliged her.

"Othello, His name is Othello and how long will this take." Nito pulled out his travelling bag and placed his revolver inside.

"The whole day my boy, the whole day. Waitress!" Freya took a puff out of her cigar and raised her hand to catch the attention of the waitress nearby.

The waitress comes by and the two of them order their food, Nito ordered a 2 loaves of bread and three pints of milk whilst Freya orders a pint of ale with small venison.

"So when do we begin" Nito leaned back on his chair as he waited for his food

"This evening." Freya took another puff out of her cigar whilst she surveyed the crowd and noticed a red headed girl rush through the streets.

"Well that's strange" She mused though turned to more pressing matters which was their business this evening.

Tharon Faust

Tharon was still infuriated at the fact that nobody had seen or heard anything about his wife's murder. He'd combed the city for any lead and the only thing he'd gotten was a rumor about a woman that could suck the life out of someone. If it wasn't for the fact that he had an image as a general to uphold, he'd have likely burnt down a few homes. However, now he was standing before a few higher ranking generals with his head bowed. "I understand this is short notice, but if my wife's killer is not in Suna. I will hunt her down and kill her myself rather than leaving it to someone." The four generals before him sighed in disbelief. However, they didn't question him.

"You're given leave of absence. Report to one of us immediately once your vengeance is dealt with. Are we clear general?"

"Crystal Sir." Tharon saluted his higher ups and left their quarters. He could tell that they were bothered by his desire for revenge, but they hadn't lost their wives to some merciless killer that was roaming the world. It didn't matter if Tharon lost his career, his fame, or even his "humanity" as some called it. He would become a savage beast if that's what it took to avenge Fiona. 

Walking out into the blistering sun, Tharon felt at peace. Heat, fire, the desert, it was a wonderful place for him to live and he was proud to call Suna his home. "Now, off to find where...." Tharon caught sight of a red headed woman running about Suna. She was either a problem or going to be, but as he was now technically on a leave of absence, he had no official right to apprehend her. Tharon shrugged his shoulders before heading to his home not far from there. Once inside, he prayed before the altar he'd made to his wife, collected the bag he'd prepared for his journey and stepped out into the city. He was now a free fire elemental with an unquenchable flame in his heart. There was nothing that was about to stop him.

Lelliana Thane

"Ah Tsuri. It's been so LONG since I saw your splendor. The trees, the wildlife, and the lovely victims." She muttered to herself as she looked at each of the beautiful citizens of the city. Each one carried a spark much like that woman in Suna a few months ago. Ah, how Lelliana remembered watching the eyes of that woman fading out of existence as Lelliana's soul overpowered the girl. It was a beautiful death and felt like it would give her centuries more to live.

Lelliana moved through the city with a warm, but twisted smile upon her face. Each person she met eyes with either looked away, blushed or hid. It was delightful to see both men and women unable to stand looking at her. Her looks were a weapon and she would use them to draw in whatever prey she had hoped for. However, when she saw a girl practically fawning over someone that she merely bumped into, Lelliana knew she'd found her prey. However, now wouldn't be the time to approach her.

Moving into a nearby tavern, Lelliana ordered some tea and watched the dark haired girl converse with a red head. Where had she seen that woman before? Ah! She was some kind of informant that she had seen near one of the crime scenes a few years ago. Oh how foolish of Lelliana to forget such a beautiful girl. If only she wasn't so chipper all the time. If she was more mellow, Lelliana wouldn't fear interacting with the girl and luring her into the darkness of death. 

"Oi pretty lady. What's a gal like you doin in a place like this?"

"I'm merely enjoying the view handsome." Lelliana turned to the male and smiled. A little snack before the main course wouldn't hurt after all. Lelliana set into her game. She flirted, laughed and teased the man before agreeing to go with him. The two left arm in arm for his home. A few hours later, Lelliana left looking more lively than before. It had been a clean hunt and with the man having very few associates, it would be quite some time before he was even looked for.

Sapphire stared at the sky, her arms raised above her head with her hands carefully face outwards and away from each other, the sun shined down on her ruthlessly and warmed her body to her core, the stifling heat never bothered her and instead made her content and relaxed, she could have stayed like that all day. Her pupils thinned as she kept her face upturned towards the sun, her bare feet sinking a little in the sand beneath her. She could hear the murmurs of a crowd gathering, she stopped the smile from gracing her lips. It had been a while since she had last showed herself and danced on the street corners of Suna, but after returning from Tsuri, she found herself missing the feel of the sand between her toes as she danced. Besides she felt more at home here than she did anywhere. One hand came twirling down in an arch, her foot moving forward slowly, sliding through the rough granules with ease. She shook one hip, the bells on her silk skirt tinkling at the motion. Now she found herself smiling, as she repeated the motion, but with her other side. More people stopped, she could feel their stares, she twirled and then picked up her pace, dancing to the sound of her jingling bells and the sound of vendors and chattering voices. Her movements were captivating, as if she were moving through water, her silver hair swirling around her and creating quite the sight in stark contrast to her blood red outfit. What was most interesting was the fact that more than once she'd start to stumble, but whenever she did so, she always caught herself and made it appear as if apart of the dance, her body rolling up in a belly roll. Her movements were fluid and at times it was almost as if you could see the serpent underneath, dancing to to its charmer.

When she finally allowed her eyes to meet the crowd, molten gold caught the rapt attention of all those watching. She smiled and moved forward, dancing her way around them skillfully, brushing against them affectionately, like a slithering snake carefully caressing, before slinking away. Her hips rolled and her movements slowed, her hands twisting and moving behind her as she sunk into a split and curtsy. She bowed her head, hair falling to cover her flushed cheeks as the crowd around her applauded and tossed coins at her. The coins, she didn't particularly care for, just the fact that she could free herself in dance. She rose up and curtsied again. "Thank you." She said breathlessly. "I'll be around if you ever care to watch me again." She said with a smile, her eyes twinkling. She kissed a few watchers on the cheeks and hugged them, to the surprise of some, and the happiness of others. Some of them she knew had seen her perform before, loyal fans in a sense, at least whenever she turned up since she had a habit of disappearing.

She bent down and collected her earnings and placed them in a pouch attached to her skirt. She then began to stretch, her muscles no longer tense from her days of travel. "There is nothing like dancing to ease the mind." Well that or a kill. She laughed at the rather dark thought and continued to stretch and pop her bones, enjoying the feel of her body becoming more nimble and weightless. "Ahh.."She hummed, her eyes beginning to run over the crowd that was now beginning to disperse since it appeared she wasn't going to start dancing again.

Cerberus
Three weeks. It had been three weeks since she last had a home, three weeks since she last had a proper meal, three weeks since she last had a purpose. Berry stared at her dirty fingernails, the reality of her situation not quite sinking in even after so long. Yet dwelling on the past would get her nowhere fast and if the rumbling of her long-empty stomach was any sign, she was not going to last much longer anyway. Berry shook her head thoroughly and her black folded ears flapped wildly with the motion and she dropped her hands. She hadn't needed to rely completely on herself to find food in so long it had almost become foreign to her but the longer she stood here in the alley the less chance she would have of ever finding a purpose again. What would a dog do? she asked herself, What would you do?. Her nose was not however preoccupied with coming to terms with her abandonment, enticing her with the scent of food, she grinned wildly, shoving her feelings down and letting her dog instinct takeover, it was easier this way, it was safe

She took off down the dirty streets, not caring who she was seen by, looking just as rough and poverty stricken as anyone in this part of Chaski that would be wandering the streets, the only clue that she was ever anything more was a pendant etched with the image of a kraken hanging from the black collar around her neck  She followed the scent of cooking beef down an alley, around an old fortune teller and over a tumbled down building, through a market square eventually finding the source in a tiny restaurant down a rough looking street. She paused outside, taking in the rather low-town looking inhabitants and the grimy interior that looked no better then the exterior. Logically it would be a bad idea to enter such a bad looking establishment with no energy to really put up a fight if something went wrong but she was out of ideas and her noisy stomach wasn't making thinking any easier. She opened the door slowly and entered the bustle of the noisy restaurant trying to stay an inconspicuous as possible as she eyed the place for easy pickings, it had been some time since she last had to steal food to survive but with each passing day it was all coming back to her. She eyed a bread roll that was placed off to the side of one table occupied by a bunch of heavily dressed pirate looking folk and her stomach gurgled noisily in agreement of her chosen target, slowly she started to stroll past and just as a large man with piercings along his cheeks came over and stole the attention of the tables occupants she managed to nab the roll. Couldn't have been better timed. She stuffed it into the sleeve of her shirt as silently as possible and made for the door without breaking stride. She smiled excitedly at the success of her little adventure and was nearly at the door when a waitress grabbed her arm.

"We got a thief 'ere boys!" the middle aged lady called out as Berry tried to shake her grip, she was surprisingly strong for someone who looked like she was trying to stuff herself into the dress made for a much smaller lady. The noise in the restaurant died out and all eyes turned to Berry grime and all. Panic gripped her and she managed to break the ladies hold on her arm and make a dash for the door just as chaos broke lose. She scampered out the door just barely dodging the flailing limbs trying to catch her and felt a sharp pain as someone managed to pull some hair out of her tail but she kept running. This she remembered, the running, once you start it's hard to ever stop, you run from everyone and everything until eventually you find you're running from yourself. That is when people break. Berry buried her thoughts and instead lost herself in the rhythmic act running, shouts could be heard only a hairs breadth away but over time she could feel them fading. Feeling the rush of adrenaline made her grin and she dashed down alley after alley until she couldn't hear them any longer. Eventually she slowed to a light jog and let out a bark of happiness at her success and tossed the now squished but still edible roll up into the air in celebration. 

She was still letting out little happy yips when she rounded the corner of an alley onto a larger street and saw the tell tale look of a police carriage, she stopped short. She didn't necessarily dislike police but she had just stolen something and even though they would have no way of knowing she didn't feel like pushing her luck any further. She slowly started to backtrack, thankfully the policeman seemed preoccupied with two people across the road, one man had snow white hair while the girl had a splash of red hair that was quite vibrant in the dimming light. Berry noticed a fourth person then that she hadn't seen at first, she could barely see a bit of blue hair sticking out of the police carriage. A loud clang made Berry jump and she mentally berated herself for not looking where she was putting her feet, she had managed to knock an old tin over and she scampered back around the alley, flattening herself against the wall in the shadows in hope she was quick enough that they wouldn't have seen her.

CHASKI

Mila, the fastest thinker of the void triplets, looked over to the policeman and his two charges. They looked familiar. She squinted as she tried to place the faces with a name. A pair of criminals… Her eyes widened. These thugs were definitely well enough known that they had been in a few “wanted” lists. The void demon jogged up to the carriage that the boys sat in and scanned them with a calculating gaze.

“Officer, would you mind if I speak to these gentlemen for a few moments?” She asked, but the look she gave the officer out the corner of her eye left little room for refusal. She turned her attention back to the thugs and cleared her throat, making sure they were paying attention. “I see you are heading off to jail. I can help get the police off your tails for good.”

She leaned back and crossed her arms, watching the boys carefully for any potential violent intentions. She wouldn’t fight back, but at least retreat would be fairly easy. “Listen, every time you get caught, the officials gather more information on you. Capture will become more frequent and you’ll be less likely to escape.” She cocked her head to the side with a sly smirk. “In actual fact, I can assure you that you won’t be getting out of this one as easily as you think. So, you’re going to want to hear my offer.” She had been stalling to allow her mind to figure out how she was going to phrase her request without it sounding completely ridiculous.

“I shall keep this as short as possible. We need some muscle for an exposition that is setting out. Are you up for it?” Mila looked at the boys expectantly, hand on her hip. Her foot tapped impatiently as she waited for a response.

@Jayus

Ran Luriko

Ran had heard the house servants gossiping about what the king had gone to Tsuri for. Apparently, they had already made a decision and one of the void triplets were looking around Chaski for people to go look for answers. The youngster was out the door of the manor before he had the chance to consider all the negatives of his idea. Or rather, before he even thought about any of the negatives.

One single thought on his mind propelled him forward on his long legs. His paws made little sound on the roads he travelled. At least he had the brains to not run around blindly looking for the void demon. After spending some time asking around, he got a fairly decent idea as to where the redhead was.

Luckily, his information was recent enough that he was able to spot the void without too much hassle. She was on the far end of a fairly large road next to a police carriage. Instantly suspicious, Ran placed his hand on the hilt of his sword. His body tensed in case of danger as he walked towards the void and whoever might have been in the police cart.

If he hadn’t been on full alert, he might have missed the clatter from a nearby alleyway. His ears swivelled towards the sound, followed shortly by his head. All he caught sight of was a foot as whoever it was hastily made their escape. The noble boy narrowed his eyes. This was even more suspicious than one of the void triplets by a police cart.

Ran lowered into a half crouch as he slunk towards the alley. The click clack of his claws almost completely drowned out by the noises of everyday city life. His fluffy ears twitched back and forth, straining to follow any and every sound. Noticing slight movement nearby, he shot to it, sword glinting as he unsheathed it.

“Who are-“ His eyes widened. He couldn’t help but stumble back slightly in surprise. The young dog animalistic was very familiar. He had seen her many times accompanying Aldric Mortim, a close friend of his parents. The name suddenly fitted the face. “Cerberus?”

@TheCommander

TSURI

Mina, the friendliest of the void triplets, blinked up at the woman she had quite literally bumped into. She had been so busy looking around for people, that she hadn't noticed this person... Her sisters would give her one hell of a speaking to if they learnt about that. Mina quickly shook her head and stood herself up. She offered the dark skinned woman a small smile. "Thank you for the offer but I don't think I need a menDEEERR! You're a mender!" The void clasped the woman's hands, a joyful smile splitting her face in two. 

"Oh, this is great! You can help us! We could really use a mender. I am certain that my sisters haven't even thought about it. They would probably go for pure muscle power, but a mender!" Mina gave a little squeal of delight. "Oh dear, oh dear. I haven't explained anything, have I? I am terribly sorry about that. You see, the leaders of the big cities have decided to finally do something about all the missing persons cases! Isn't that amazing?" The redhead spoke so quickly and with such enthusiasm, it would be difficult for anyone to interrupt her. "So they are looking for people who would be willing to go on an excursion to get some clues, and if they're lucky, maybe even stop those who are behind it."

The void looked at the mender with pleading eyes. "Will you please accept this request? If it helps, we were told that we can offer rewards. Fame, money or land would be pretty easy to arrange, but if you want something else, I can try make a plan. Please ma'am. It would be a great help if you could join this expedition." Despite not being an animalistic, the void did pretty good puppy-dog eyes. 

@Jayus

SUNA

Mira, the most observant of the void triplets, sprinted through the cool tunnels of Suna. Her eyes darted from person to person, quickly judging the usefulness of them in this task versus their likelihood to join. A flash of white amidst the dusty city caught her attention enough for her to stop and backpedal. She probably looked slightly less than mentally stable with her face planted up against the glass window of a tavern. Her inaudible muttering did little to aid her visual impression. With very sudden movements, she straightened and walked into the building. 

Without paying the slightest heed to the other patrons, Mira strode straight to the two she had spotted previously. The redhead stood by their table, silently observing them with the closer proximity. She gave a single, sharp nod before pulling up a chair and seating herself with the two. "Greetings. I've been sent by the leaders of The Big 3. You're not in trouble, so no need to raise that impressive looking weapon at me." She eyed the gun cautiously for a moment before giving a small shrug. "Now, let's get to the meat of this conversation." As she said that, the duo's meals arrived and were placed in front of them. "You may or may not have heard about several people going missing along the coast. We're gathering some demons to go check it out. You in?" She looked at them again and then to the weapon. Definitely old world design. These two were likely relic hunters. "I can get you an entire search party for your next relic hunt - fully equipped, of course - if you agree." 

Her face was mostly devoid of emotion. If anything, she looked a bit bored at the task she was given. Her eyes lazily swung between the two demons. "So? What's the verdict? I have a lot of work to do, honestly." The void's tired eyes showed this fact to be true. There was a lot going on in Suna today, and the commotion was probably due to different demons. Demons who might be helpful in the task ahead. She couldn't waste too much time here in case the others left. 

@Aughto von realname

GM note:
Sorry to the rest who have posted and I haven't interacted with yet. There isn't much I can do from my character's current position until their current interactions are complete. 

"We will work on this case however we want our payments in advance" Agnes pushed her plate away and gingerly placed her eating utensils onto the table as she found it rather rude to eat whilst talking and even more so when discussing business terms.

" I would like a monopoly on the Tsuri to Suni trade route and Nito would like a date with a beautiful Red haired demon named...oh dearie me forgive my manners I haven't asked your name yet! Tell me is it....Myra no you look more like a Janice?" Agnes hid her contempy with a smile as she looked to Nito who was busy scarfing down his Meal. She then turned to the girl who seemed eager to leave which should work in her favour when negotiating.

"Ahem...No, as beautiful as your red hair is Miss I do not wish for a date but rather the following Items 50 Iron ingots, 25 Copper ingots, Lead if possible and brass a whole lot of brass." Nito slammed his utensil down onto the ground then wiped his dirty mouth with his sleeve just to spite his current boss, again. 

"Also we are no Relic Hunters as we have the knowledge to replicate old world technology such as these thus can you refrain from using the term relic hunter when describing us." Nito said as he motioned for the waitress to come to him.

"Forgive Nito dear he is a bit sore when it comes to Relic Hunters, Bad Memories you see. But his rudeness aside do we have a deal?" Agnes held out her hand and awaited for Mira to shake in agreement or brush her aside.

Cerberus
Berry held her breath for a moment, flattened against the wall hoping against all odds no one had heard her. Her hopes were short lived when suddenly she detected footsteps and she caught the gleam of silver glinting off a sword, she instinctively crouched down in a defensive stance, tucking her food against her chest with one arm and curling her clawed hand at her side with the other. There was no way she was giving up her food without a fight and a menacing growl started in her throat and she turned to face her attacker. 

She was just about to lunge at him when her attacker stopped and even stepped back just as suddenly as he had come leaping at her, Berry had to reign herself in from slashing out at him while he left himself so open to attack. She didn't want to draw the attention of the policeman nearby by attacking first however. Her ears perked as she recognized her name, the man in front of her knew her name...somehow. She shook her head and looked more closely at him, he was too well dressed to be in this part of town and he also seemed to have ears poking out his head much like her own, his were just much cleaner of course. 
She still couldn't recognize him though, she tilted her head slightly trying to place him before leaning forward and sniffing him. Aha!  she would not forget the smell of anyone  and this young man smelled distinctly like the Noble Ran Luriko. His parents had frequented her master's manor and sometimes the young master Luriko would be in tow, she never particularly took any interest in him much like anyone else, he didn't threaten her master and therefore she didn't bother him. She dropped to one knee instantly, bowing her head in submission as she was taught to do whenever in the presence of a higher born. She tried to address him but only a rasp came out her mouth, she supposed that's what she got for not speaking for over a year.

Tharon Faust

Tharon wandered through the bustling streets with an edge of irritation in his eyes. He wanted to get out of Suna as there was plenty of evidence that "Black Widow" had left here weeks ago, heading for Tsuri from the information the detective had given him. He felt his ange boiling inside him and could even tell that people were feeling the heat around him. At any moment he could ignite himself and harm people. However, Tharon knew enough about self control to not do anything at this moment. As far as Suna was concerned he was just an ordinary citizen. Anything he did, any crime he committed, that would be on him and he'd receive no help to get out of it.

"Damn Bureaucrats." He huffed to himself as he pushed past another person. "One of your top ranking military officials merely wants to see justice done for his wife that was robbed of life for no reason and they just say 'she left Suna, it's no longer in our jurisdiction. We can't start a war.' If she is using another country as a shield then have them capture and release her to us I say." Tharon's temper flared and his hair started to ignite. He wandered past a center street and stopped to look in at a tavern. The sight dowsed the flame on his head as he stared in through the window. Fiona had loved this place for the atmosphere and the way she could just sing and not feel bothered. "Don't worry Fio. I'll get her." He muttered as he readjusted his pack, before catching a glimpse of the red head with two relic hunters from the look of the weapon one of them held. "Weird." He muttered as he started off once more, projecting his aura of heat to keep people out of his way.

Lelliana Thane

Lelliana felt like a goddess. She had a spring in her step and her raven hair had a new sheen to it that she hadn't seen in years. Harvesting the life force of a nature elemental and then an animalistic was nearly the same as drinking from the fountain of youth. The lush liveliness from the elemental and the pure energetic bounce of an animalistic. It was a concoction of perfect beauty. However, feeling the touch of a stranger irritated Lelliana. She was done feeding until she could get back to that mender girl. She put on a smile as she turned to face a man too haphazardly drunk to take a hit.

"'allo luv. 'ere'd 'ou crawl ou' of?" The smell of alcohol on his breath left Lelliana a bit infuriated. She wanted NOTHING to do with this man. He was a mere undead and she had no reason to go for longevity. She'd already fed on a few of the undead for that purpose.

"I'm sorry, but you should move along before you get hurt my dear." She smiled warmly as she elegantly escaped his grasp. The crowd backing up as her eyes shimmered with malintent. Lelliana wasn't above maiming someone over pushing the wrong buttons or overstepping their bounds. The male trid to get closer, but Lelliana leapt back a step. "If you continue this pursuit, I will consider that an act of violence against me and will not be held responsible for your well being after I'm finished." Lelliana's hand hovered over her whip as eyes started to fill with panic around her. Lelliana knew she had a smile on her face. She WANTED the man to come forward. She WANTED to leave him lying in the street begging for help.

"A'ight a'ight. No need tah ge' feisty. Jus' though' you 'ere lookin fer comp'ny" The man could feel the danger emanating from Lelliana and backed away quickly. She clicked her tongue as the crowd suddenly seemed to let out a collective breath of relief. Lelliana continued to walk as if nothing happened, her eyes scoured for the girl and that red head. She grinned as she found them. Her eyes locked on her next meal as if it were the last one she would eat.

"I will have you my dear, even if you don't realize it." Lelliana's voice was barely audible as she silently observed their dealings before moving into the shadows to avoid being seen.

Sapphire leaned forward, her stomach just a half inch above the sand as she touched her toes, stretching as she discussed a possible collaboration with a water elemental, she found that they made some of the best dancers, their techniques and movements akin to her own in some ways and yet she aspired to one day be as graceful as them. It was as the other young woman talked about a meeting place that her scales rippled in awareness causing goosebumps to rise on her skin. She sat up quickly, nearly knocking the girl over. "Sorry. Hold that thought." She stood and held herself still. What had caught her attention? It wasn't as if she was staring at anyone, but her snake had stirred awake suddenly. Then she felt it, a wave of heat washed over her, hotter than the dry Suna air and sun and that was quite a feet. One that thrilled the nearly cold blooded woman. She spotted a flash of flames, but it was so small and then it was gone. Teasing the beast.

"Claire I'll find you later and discuss the details with you then. " She said absently, before taking off quickly to find the source of heat. She weaved her way through the crowd as best as she could, nearly falling a few times in her haste. People moved out of her way in surprise, at least she had thought that, but as she drew closer to the source, she noticed a large muscled man, easily a half foot taller than she, making his way through the crowd and everyone in close proximity, quickly moved, most appearing uncomfortable. "Bingo." She breathed happily. She picked up her pace, going into a full sprint, made easier with the throngs of people already parted for the mystery fire elemental that was now in her sights, she launched herself at him, a blur of silver hair and red silk, managing to wrap her arms partially around his frame, her body immediately relaxing into the blistering heat radiating off of him. She could feel the speechless and worried stares, but they honestly meant nothing to her. Not in comparison to this. His was like a walking sun and she practically purred like cat as it enveloped her, where everyone was made uncomfortable and would quickly say it was too much even for a Suna native, it was perfect for her. It warmed her to her core, something not easily done. She pale skin was flushed from exertion as she took a step back and smiled brilliantly at him, seeing nothing wrong in what she had just done. "You're quite hard to catch." She informed him breathlessly, her smile still on her lips as she inched closer to him, with no regard to any possible danger he could pose.

@Kiroshiven

The Kane Twins

To Vesper's delight the girl came closer. He cocked his head to the officer and stuck his tongue out teasingly. The officer glared at him, but kept his cool as she arrived. Hearing her request the officer raised an eyebrow and looked between the two of them, clearly worried for her sake and very concerned about Vesper. Still she wasn't leaving much room for arguments.

"I'll be a few feet away if he tries anything funny. Which he will. So call me if you need me." With a nod in her direction and a glower in his he walked away. Vesper waved goodbye and turned his attention back to the girl. Her red hair falling gently against her pale skin, she was truly a pretty one. His mouth curled up into a smirk and he leaned back against the carriage, crossing his one leg over the other and focusing his gaze intently onto hers. Giving her his undivided attention.

"You're quite the brave one aren't you, love?" He asked his smirk growing into a large grin. Hearing her next requests Vesper looked to his brother who simply pulled a face before going back to his book. Vesper leaned forward to be level with the girl.

"You're quite forward to." He quipped, not losing eye contact. "A delightful combination, but you just arrived here. And I doubt you know who we are or the situation or how it is going to play out. So you may want to tone down the attitude. Besides. The harder they make it the more fun it is to escape. Why else would we have gotten caught? And secondly as wonderful as that offer is my brother and I aren't for hire unless you're offering something tangible..." His voice trailing he took the oppurtunity for his eyes to break contact and look her up and down before meeting her eyes again. A mischievous glint sparkling in his eyes for a moment. He shrugged his shoulders, suddenly seeming disinterested. "Or valuable. So if neither is on the table I'm afraid we'll have to part ways, Angel. However if you want to stop by and say hello I'll be eternally grateful."

He stood tall, a confident air radiating off him and gave a playful wink. A commotion sounded and at first he didn't look up immediately, dismissing it as Sharon getting impatient until he heard a voice he didn't recognise.

"Cerberus?"

He looked up in the direction of the noise and his eyes fell on a Demon who was looking in shock at an alleyway. He was far too handsome and cleanly dressed to be from this area. Handsome being the only keyword Vesper needed to know. His sly smile which had disappeared for a moment resurfaced, the red head forgotten as someone more exciting came into his field of vision. Leaving the girl as he walked towards him without thinking very much of it.

"Hello there sweetheart why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" His eyes followed the Animalistic's only to see another much worse off. She looked like she hadn't had a proper meal in months and the way her eyes darted between them told a lot more about her upbringing. His smile dropped. He watched as the officer was glaring at the girl, holding out his hand sternly.

"C'mon hand it over. That's clearly stolen."

Vesper snorted.

"Picking on small fry now are we? Is this what your job has come to?" The officer didn't look up, but kept his focus on the girl.

"You have five seconds."

"Five seconds until what?" Lukan, who wasn't able to read his book due to the noise, asked as he approached. His eyes flickered to everyone's face. His eyes pausing for a moment on the animalistic girl and then the cop. Immediately assessing the scene he shot the officer a look of disappointment and squeezed himself between the officer and the girl.

"What you're going to punish her for this? Stealing bread? Look at her she clearly didn't have any other choice. And I mean we stole an entire bag of copper are you honestly going to arrest all of us for the same crime? Poor Sharon think of all that weight she's going to have to carry. No wonder she eats so much she's probably depressed."

@KiKi Kitsune @TheCommander

Naomi Calendula

Naomi struggled to keep up with the girl's train of thought. As soon as one sentence was done another flew out of her mouth. While she was happy she was alright, Naomi was now concerned for herself. Whatever the girl was going on about did not sound the least bit friendly nor safe. All three kingdoms agreed on an issue? Never a good sign.

Naomi simply smiled, thinking a mile a minute on how to get out of this situation all while nodding like she was actually interested in joining this crazy search party. Occasionally she would make a few noises to show she was listening and slowly picked up her things, carefully checking she hadn't lost anything. Mentally checking everything twice she was happy with herself and that all was okay in their situation. Naomi was just about to apologize for not being any help and running off in the direction she was headed when 'reward' was mentioned. Fame or land really didn't interest her, but anything to support her family was a sure way to get her attention. It was almost a weakness of hers.

"Just checking... how much would this hypothetical reward be if I hypothetically agreed to this?" She asked carefully, wording the question slowly and inspecting the girl's every action. Hearing her answer Naomi did her best not to drop her tools and papers, instead holding them closer to her chest in a tight embrace.

"That's- that's a large sum." She coughed out, letting go of the breath she didn't know she was holding. It would take her months maybe even a year to earn even half of that. She didn't even earn that much with the boys. The boys...

Her thoughts slipped into something sadder, but she forced herself out of it before she got too wound up in her own ideas.

Standing up, she offered the girl a hand to her feet and put on her brightest smile, beaming with a radiance that was so unique to her it made the flowers entwined in her hair somehow glow a little brighter.

"I would love to help as best I can, but is it alright if we can discuss this with my family first? It's awfully short notice for them. Oh and-" She held the tools which were already half out her grip a bit higher to the girl's face. "I'm kind of in a rush somewhere. If you come with me I'll get it done quickly and then we can chat to them. They should agree it won't be my first time away from home. And I can pack whatever we need." A thought sprouted quickly in the back of her mind.

"Oh! Sorry for being so rude! My name is Naomi. Naomi Calendula. It's a pleasure to meet you! I'd shake your hand, but my arms are a little full." She laughed as good-naturedly as possible, but it came out a bit nervous. Truth is she was nervous. She wasn't sure what this search party meant, but she hoped it was for the best and not another one of 'worst case scenarios'.

"We will work on this case however we want our payments in advance" Agnes pushed her plate away and gingerly placed her eating utensils onto the table as she found it rather rude to eat whilst talking and even more so when discussing business terms.

" I would like a monopoly on the Tsuri to Suni trade route and Nito would like a date with a beautiful Red haired demon named...oh dearie me forgive my manners I haven't asked your name yet! Tell me is it....Myra no you look more like a Janice?" Agnes hid her contempy with a smile as she looked to Nito who was busy scarfing down his Meal. She then turned to the girl who seemed eager to leave which should work in her favour when negotiating.

"Ahem...No, as beautiful as your red hair is Miss I do not wish for a date but rather the following Items 50 Iron ingots, 25 Copper ingots, Lead if possible and brass a whole lot of brass." Nito slammed his utensil down onto the ground then wiped his dirty mouth with his sleeve just to spite his current boss, again. 

"Also we are no Relic Hunters as we have the knowledge to replicate old world technology such as these thus can you refrain from using the term relic hunter when describing us." Nito said as he motioned for the waitress to come to him.

"Forgive Nito dear he is a bit sore when it comes to Relic Hunters, Bad Memories you see. But his rudeness aside do we have a deal?" Agnes held out her hand and awaited for Mira to shake in agreement or brush her aside.

The void demon sat back on her chair and looked at them with her arms crossed. She said nothing until she was sure they were finished speaking, and then waited some more, looking at the outstretched hand. Looked to her like she had come off as too desperate and now these two were trying to see how far they could push. 

"You know, the leaders are only asking around because they don't want to waste too many resources. Since what you're asking for is way more than what a couple of professionally trained soldiers, your demands will have to be denied." She rested her elbows on the table, cupping her chin in hand. "Seriously? You want them to just give up a major source of income for two of the three to some randoms?" The ginger gave a snort. It was a rather absurd request. She really hadn't been expecting anyone to try pull that on her. 

Mira rolled her shoulders back, eyes traversing the patrons of the tavern. "Tell you what. I can give you the copper and half the iron and the wagon it would be carried on. Half upfront, half after completion." With a small shrug, she continued. "I don't have the power to raise it more than that. Just the messenger and all." Her orange eyes settled back on the duo with a raised brow accompanying it. "Good enough?"

Note: I will continue with the others when I get another chance. Sorry, life's been pretty hectic >.<

Agnes grinned though it seemed rather forced to both Mira and Nito. "Hmm...No I do not accept now off with you now dearie" puff from her cigarette and blew a smoke ring directed towards Mira's face.

"Counter offe, Instead of copper I want whatever lead you can give me right now, and you can keep the iron and the wagon." Nito leaned forward and waved the smoke ring away from Mira before giving Agnes a scowl as unlike her he needed metals for his projects. "Also I would like the lead to be kept in an airtight container, Do not ask why just put it in an airtight container" He leaned back to his seat and followed her eyes and noted that she seemed to be looking for notable individuals in the tavern though by the looks of it she has yet to find anyone. 

"Mnahn Orr'e bug fm'latgh" Agnes said in a tounge both unholy and sinister. Despite putting most patron off Nito could scarcely contain his laughter as her accent sounded quite comical to him.

"I think you should decide quickly as unlike me Agnes doesn't seem like it but she has a short temper and she can get quite trigger happy when she has one of these" Nito waved his currently useless revolver around then shoved it down his pockets.

Naomi Calendula

Naomi struggled to keep up with the girl's train of thought. As soon as one sentence was done another flew out of her mouth. While she was happy she was alright, Naomi was now concerned for herself. Whatever the girl was going on about did not sound the least bit friendly nor safe. All three kingdoms agreed on an issue? Never a good sign.

Naomi simply smiled, thinking a mile a minute on how to get out of this situation all while nodding like she was actually interested in joining this crazy search party. Occasionally she would make a few noises to show she was listening and slowly picked up her things, carefully checking she hadn't lost anything. Mentally checking everything twice she was happy with herself and that all was okay in their situation. Naomi was just about to apologize for not being any help and running off in the direction she was headed when 'reward' was mentioned. Fame or land really didn't interest her, but anything to support her family was a sure way to get her attention. It was almost a weakness of hers.

"Just checking... how much would this hypothetical reward be if I hypothetically agreed to this?" She asked carefully, wording the question slowly and inspecting the girl's every action. Hearing her answer Naomi did her best not to drop her tools and papers, instead holding them closer to her chest in a tight embrace.

"That's- that's a large sum." She coughed out, letting go of the breath she didn't know she was holding. It would take her months maybe even a year to earn even half of that. She didn't even earn that much with the boys. The boys...

Her thoughts slipped into something sadder, but she forced herself out of it before she got too wound up in her own ideas.

Standing up, she offered the girl a hand to her feet and put on her brightest smile, beaming with a radiance that was so unique to her it made the flowers entwined in her hair somehow glow a little brighter.

"I would love to help as best I can, but is it alright if we can discuss this with my family first? It's awfully short notice for them. Oh and-" She held the tools which were already half out her grip a bit higher to the girl's face. "I'm kind of in a rush somewhere. If you come with me I'll get it done quickly and then we can chat to them. They should agree it won't be my first time away from home. And I can pack whatever we need." A thought sprouted quickly in the back of her mind.

"Oh! Sorry for being so rude! My name is Naomi. Naomi Calendula. It's a pleasure to meet you! I'd shake your hand, but my arms are a little full." She laughed as good-naturedly as possible, but it came out a bit nervous. Truth is she was nervous. She wasn't sure what this search party meant, but she hoped it was for the best and not another one of 'worst case scenarios'.

Mina paused, blinking a few times at the sudden question. She quickly shook herself and was beaming once again in no time. "Oh, roughly the pay of a soldier for 5 months. Chaski soldier, of course. I have heard many complaints from those in the Suna military about that, but that's the price of living in a safe-" The ginger had to stop herself before the train of thought got too derailed. "As I was saying, five months salary." Mina rocked back on her heels, forcing herself to not jabber on even more and allow the mender to reply. 

When the lady smiled, Mina couldn't help but return the smile in full. "Oh, of course! I did spring this on you quite unexpectedly. Family first! I would want to do the same. Luckily, it's pretty easy for me to stay in touch with my sisters, even if we're far apart." Realising what she did, the void gave a hasty, sheepish apology. "No~ problem! I can help if you want." Her statement was worryingly hopeful. 

The younger female giggled at Naomi's introduction. "It's alright. I am Mina Neeru." The void followed a step behind the mender, often jabbering on about rather menial but lighthearted topics.She had noticed that Naomi had seemed a little less than completely enthusiastic, so wanted to try help her calm down. Mina also hoped that the excursion went well and there wasn't much danger. 

@Jayus @TheCommander

Mila scoffed at the boys. "Oh, you fellas will be going straight to King's Court Prison. I'm sure as criminals on many Wanted lists that you've at least heard about it. Or at least heard about its escape rate. The king is pretty proud of that little statistic." Her threat was in no way hollow. The void triplets were told to do whatever it took to get demons to accept their request. Threats and rewards usually worked the best. Illegal actions were off the table, obviously. "Since you mentioned it, I could not only arrange for you to not be taken to jail, but also get some sort of payment. You can stick to copper, or maybe move on to iron. How does a bit of steel sound?" She tried to keep a nonchalant face, but the smirk that was trying creep onto her face kept tugging at her lips. 

The void's attention also turned as new sounds entered the area. She recognized the form of the animalistic as one of the nobles in Chaski. Which one it was, she wasn't too sure. But it was looking interesting with two newcomers that were potential recruits. 

"Cerberus, please stand." Ran, being raised mostly by servants, saw them as mostly equal demons. After all, he was a noble. He was trained to see himself as superior to the majority of demons. Either way, Ran was about to try help the other animalistic up when several other demons arrived. Someone spoke to him, but he didn't pay them any mind. The sudden accusation against Cerberus had caught him off guard. A blue headed demon interjected before Ran was able to try defend his... Acquaintance? Family Friend? The young noble shook his head, there were more pressing matters at hand. Regardless of their relationship, he should help Cerberus. 

"She could have bought it. If not, I am willing to pay for it myself." A small loaf of bread like that really wasn't anything to him. Paying it off wouldn't dent his personal funds much. He was about to give the blue haired demon a nod of thanks when something else that was mentioned clicked in Ran's head. "You stole a bag of copper!?" The volume of his voice hurt even his own ears. He turned to the policeman there. "How are they still allowed to roam so freely? Should they not have been incarcerated already?" The male at least knew that much about the law. Why the hell was a policeman, knowing all this information, let them waltz around as freely as they did? It was absurd.  

Cerberus
Berry stood up from where she had been kneeling in front of Master Luriko and stared at the officer's outstretched hand as he waited for her to hand over the bread she had tucked against her side. She didn't want to cause a scene but her stomach growled at her in clear objection to the notion of handing the food over and she tossed the idea of biting him around in her head. That's when the blue haired guy she had seen for a glimpse earlier in the carriage got between her and the officer, the blue of his hair seemed so unnatural that she had to hold herself back from touching it to see if it was real. She let out a little breath of relief and made herself as small as she could behind the guy while her brain tried to catch up, he seemed to be defending her even though he had no idea who she was and logically should be trying to not bring more attention to himself, a moment such as this were the officer was focused on her and Ran would be a perfect moment for him to escape. That sort of act never seemed to make much sense to her, protecting someone you knew nothing about but she wasn't about to start complaining. She was standing between a noble, a thief and an officer...the day sure had gotten strange. Attention was bounced around between the group until finally Ran seemed to screech so loud she let out a little whimper and flattened her ears against her head as best she could, it seemed her wasn't too pleased about the thievery that had occurred, ironic because it seemed her stealing hadn't affected him in the slightest and he had even offered to pay for it, for which she was grateful for but didn't understand. Sometimes demons just didn't seem all that clever. 

Her brain chose that moment to point out that Master Luriko was making so much fuss and noise that no one was paying her any attention anymore, she was the furthest into the alley then any of them and it would be a opportune moment to escape. She gave a slight bow in silent thanks to Master Luriko and the blue haired guy before she slipped backward into the alley. She knew she wasn't all that good at sneaking but with enough distraction she could get far enough away that she had a head start with running. She managed to slip around the alley corner, further into the gloom without anyone seeming to notice and she took off with a start. This time she allowed her nose to lead her, showing her the least occupied route to the closest safe spot. She ran fast for a good 10 minutes before she thought it safe enough to tuck herself behind a dumpster in a deserted alley. She listened carefully and when she couldn't hear any pursuers she let out a little yip and devoured the bread she had under her arm like the starving animal she was.

The  Kane Twins

Vesper watched the discussion play out through half-lidded eyes. Dully watching the argument with absolutely zero interest. A movement caught his eyes and his gazed flickered to the cause of the fighting kneeing slightly before darting away. A smile grazed his face as he waved goodbye, waiting a moment to make sure she was gone before taking his brother's side to get the attention of both the cute noble and their third favourite officer.

"Funny you should mention that, Sweetheart." He said teasingly, stealing a wink in his direction. "The beautiful redhead has not only offered us a get out of jail free card, but she is also paying us to do so!" Lukan's attention now turned to his brother, who to him was speaking a lot of nonsense. Interesting maybe, but definitely nonsense. 

"What are you on about?" He asked in sync with the officer.

"Well the lovely lady has offered us payment for a job." He looked over to the red head who was staring at him now quite intently. "And we accept very readily. Depending on how big a job it is we can discuss the amount of the steel, iron or copper." A broad smile lit up Lukan's face and he swivelled his head to her as well.

"If you're serious and the payment is enough we readily accept."

The officer scoffed.

"Excuse me, but you two are in the middle of getting arrested after I'm done with her."

"One; No you're not, were you not listening to me? Two; She left." Lukan and the officer's eyes widened, turning to where she was but a moment ago, now all that was left was the murky puddle from a clogged drain and a few crumbs floating lazily in the middle. Lukan's eyes darted around the scene. Moss and mildew clinging to the walls in a few places had been scratched off and a box was overturned near the end of the alley. She was nowhere to be seen and she was definitely gone. He let out a breath in relief and mirrored his brothers smile. 

"Well now that that is taken care of we have business to attend to." Lukan said following after his brother out of the alley.

The Officer turned to Mila, looking a combination of worried and irritated. Did she have no idea who these two were?

"You're seriously hiring them?" He blurted out, unable to hide his disbelief. 

Vesper placed a finger towards his lips and shushed him.  

"She has spoken. Now come, love. Let's talk details." Vesper said gently placing a hand on her mid-back to guide her away from prying ears, Lukan following in step. Vesper smiled, a sweet beaming grin that had often gotten him out of and into trouble.

"How about names hmm? I'm V and my brother is Luke. What is yours and how can we help?" 

Naomi Calendula

Naomi's eyes lit up. 

"Help would be ama-zing. Thank you so much! And it's wonderful to meet you."

The walk there went much faster with company, and with extra help the job went much quickly which Naomi was thankful for after being nearly fifteen minutes late. She apologized profusely despite the old man laughing and telling her over and over that it was quite alright. After over an hour his deck had been fixed and he gave her a small bag with a few small pieces of crystals and a baked pie. Naomi was a bit self-conscious over how little she had earned in front of her new acquaintance, after all she had offered her so much more for one job, but Naomi needed the extra money for the rent and the pie as part of their late lunch. Thanking him again and reminding him she can hire her at anytime the two left for her home, which she insisted wasn't too far away. The streets were long and winded, woven with the branches beneath their feet and above their head. A few of the fruit the branches bared glowed softly in the dying light of the setting sun, natural streetlights guiding their path. A few right turns and one left and they were home safely. Her home was bustling with life despite being so small. It barely looked big enough for a family of four let alone a family of eight. The first thing Naomi was going to do with the money was add on extra rooms. She knocked politely despite living their and entered after a few moments.

"I'm home!" She yelled and placed the pie and the dining table. Looking to Mina she gestured around the space. 

"Please make yourself at home, drop your things anywhere. We're really not fussed about neatness. You'll see why." 

As if on cue a door burst open and a string of five curly haired teenagers ran through the hall, each speaking a mile a minute with Naomi's name scattered in their sentences. 

"One at a time and sit down and eat before food gets cold! Fleur did you make the salad? Emeka, Faraji did you finish your homework? Zaire did you clean your room? And someone fetch an extra chair we have a guest over!" After various amounts of yeses and excuses an extra chair from the lounge was brought to the table and Fleur set the table and brought the salad. She eagerly ran up to the two and shook Mina's hand. 

"Oh gosh it's so wonderful to meet you! My name is Fleur and can I get you anything to drink?" Fleur was the third eldest as seventeen and the only other daughter besides Naomi in a set of six siblings. After random musings of hair and clothes the discussion finally moved to the table where food was shared as equally as possible amongst the group, Fleur excused herself to get her father. Naomi shuffled in her seat nervously. A bit embarrassed by her rowdy family and whispered an apology to Mina. Eventually her father came. He was just under 6 foot and his eyes were warm despite the marks of exhaustion under them. He had an equally inviting smile showing passed the thick stubble.

He walked over and held out a hand to the girl, giving her hand a strong shake. "Wonderful to meet you. My name is Arri, none of the mister business, far too formal for me." He laughed with a deep rich bubbly laughter and sat himself at the head of the table. Everyone spoke back and forth for a few minutes, everyone eagerly excited about their new guest and asking her a new question straight after someone else else had asked. 

Eventually Naomi quietened the table down long enough to say she needed to speak.

"Guys, Dad. My new friend here actually has a job offer for me. Out of Tsuri." All eyes turned to Arri who wiped his mouth with their napkin and looked between the two girls.

"How long?"

"I don't think longer than a month." 

"When must you leave?"

"... Now?"

The tables noise softened even more as all eyes turned to Arri who looked a little taken aback. He looked around the room and sighed deeply. 

"Why do you want to go?"

After Naomi mentioned the money, Fleur dropped her fork which she hadn't even been aware she was holding and came clattering to the ground.

Arri considered this for a moment and looked to Mina. "For a sum that big the job sounds dangerous. Will my daughter be safe?" Listening to answer they all sat in silence for a few moments. Naomi shuffling awkwardly in her seat, her thoughts racing a mile a minute. Eventually he stood up again. 

"I'll help you pack, but you can't leave until your mom gets back from work. Understand?" Naomi's eyes widened and she nodded profusely, rising up clumsily and darting down the hall with her father. Fleur turned to Mina and managed a smile. 

"Can you come help me clean up in the Kitchen? The boys need to get ready for bed."

@KiKi Kitsune

@Aughto von realname

Mira cringed at the indemon noises that were emitted from the woman's mouth. She had to shake out the shivers that ran down her spine before she could respond. The white haired boy was clearly far more willing to discuss matters with than his impatient partner. The void would need to use that to her advantage. It wouldn't be difficult though. He had already told her what he wanted. 

The redhead scratched her chin thoughtfully. "How badly do you want that container. I could get you a full wagon and a half of lead without it." She counted on her fingers, mumbling calculations to herself. "Including the container cuts it down to only a wagon and a bit. Not even a sackful." She gave a slight shrug. "I can organise either, so the choice is yours. Still a half now, half later deal though. I'm not allowed to change that rule." 

She raised a ginger brow at the duo. "So what's your choice? I have other people to look for as well." Even if these two agreed, she would still need to find others to make a full group. If they didn't, she would need to rush even more. She was also getting tired of having to deal with these two. Especially the woman. Difficult people were so tiring. 

"I accept and I wish the lead to be contained as I do not wish to die of lead poisoning.Niw with that over with is there anything Else I can help you with?" He leaned forward and took a bite out of what little food is left on the table. "Also I suggest you look for notable individuals elsewhere as this tavern is more so for merchants rather than demons of martial prowess" He motioned to the elementals counting coin a few paces to the left of Nito's table.

"Now that's over with, I shall be going now as Nito joining your little quest has made more paperwork for me." Agnes stood up and left for her quarters that was conveniently placed upstairs. "Well then...Care to join me for lunch" He watched his Mentor leave the table then turned back to Mira as he shoved what was left of his meal into his mouth.

@KiKi Kitsune

Mila had watched the event in silence, keeping her thoughts to herself. She was glad that she was a mere messenger and didn't need to go on the quest herself. These folks were loud and easily caused a ruckus. They sort of reminded her of one of her sisters. Her attention swapped between the members of the group as they spoke. 

"You're seriously hiring them?" The officer was clearly in disbelief about her choice. Sure, the two were well known criminals, but that worked in her favour. Criminals wanted something and it was usually easy to guess what. These two wanted money and freedom. They had made that very clear themselves. 

"I am and I have the king's power to do so." Her voice was calm, but she shot a glare at the white haired male. "Don't touch me or I can and will leave." Yet again, not a hollow threat. 

Ran, confused about the whole situation, couldn't help but be worried about Cerberus. He hadn't seen her for ages since her master got a new wife. To see her in her current state was saddening, but at least she wasn't in jail. Then again, she had most likely stolen that bread. Ran didn't like the thought of Cerberus becoming a criminal. The idea of these criminals being alone with one of the king's messengers was also worrying, and at least he could do something about that. 

The animalistic trailed behind the trio, trying - and failing - to look casual doing it. He held back a growl at how nonchalant the criminals were. Criminals. He still couldn't believe that the king was going to allow for such demons to be recruited. 

Mila noticed the noble following them, but decided not to comment on it. She leaned on a nearby wall, arms crossed over her chest. 

"So if you're curious as to payment, think Chaski soldier's wage." She looked between the two thieves. "For each of you, of course. We'd be willing to pay in increments to make sure you complete the task and don't cause trouble for a while, or you can trust us and get paid in full as soon as you finish." she knew she had about 5 months wage to juggle for each person she gathered. She doubted the search would take that long, so decided to make it seem like they were just getting a salary if they were to ask. 

Ran's ears flattened slightly. He didn't like the sound of this at all. The king was willing to spend so much and such lowlifes? It was... highly upsetting. It took far too much willpower than he would have liked to bite his tongue. The void triplets were well known amongst the higher ups. Thanks to their unique talent, information travelled quickly between cities. They acted as peace keepers between the three forces as well when they met. Surely they would not hire such people for such an important expedition. Ran just clung to the idea that they might refuse and then his worries would be null and void. 

@Jayus @TheCommander 

The Kane Twins

Vesper held his hands up in mock defeat of the petite red head girl. He chuckled to himself. She was quite a character and he did enjoy characters. Listening to her offer he glanced at his brother out the corner of his eye. Lukan was the negotiator and the two had decided this many years ago. Partially because Vesper wasn't bothered calculating if the job was really worth the price. 

"How many months worth for each of us?" Lukan asked, voice devoid of much emotion. He wasn't as easily won over by looks as Vesper was and he left no openings to be convinced by mere sympathy. Lukan stared down at the girl, listening intently to her final price point for the both of them. He was silent for quite some time, seemingly weighing the pros and cons right before his eyes. Eventually he nodded with a fair amount of enthusiasm and held out an eager hand to shake.

"Sounds like we have a deal." He quipped with a charming smile, his eyes crinkling shut."However," He said once their hands were locked in a tight grip, his voice dropping a few octaves. Any warmth or kindness disappeared from his face and a hardened gaze focused intently on her own expression. 

"My brother and I have some rules." 

Vesper watched the debate from the sidelines with a mischievous smirk. His eyes flickered away from his brother quickly to once more see what the noble was up to. He seemed visibly upset over the whole exchange and he made a quick note to tease him about it later. Looking back at the two of them he could see his brother was handling it as well as he was brought up to expect from him. Vesper relaxed into himself and watched the scene play out with little stress of it ending badly.

"My brother and I don't get paid a deposit up front or in increments. You pay us when the job is done and if you're completely satisfied with our work. That's rule one. Rule two is for every child we must harm under the age of fourteen we get paid five pieces of iron extra. And if we have to kill them that's fifteen. If the targets are between the ages of fifteen and seventeen it's 3 pieces of iron extra to harm and one piece of silver to kill. If this isn't the case then no extra fees. Seem fair to you?"  

Vesper could feel the stares on him as the two turned to check if he agreed. He shifted his stance in place a bit and laughed a bit. 

"We've been doing this for a few years. I promise this request isn't anything new. I'd refer you to some previous employers, but we were also paid not to disclose such information. That's rule three by the way." He said cheekily. The two went back to their business and Vesper felt his mind wander elsewhere, their conversation no longer worth the attention span. Despite the two looking away from him he still had oddest sensation he was being glared at. Intensely. Almost infuriatingly so. Unaware if he was imagining it or not he looked back at the noble who's facial expression was far from pleasant. 

"What's the matter, Love?" He asked tauntingly, pleased with himself he was able to tease him sooner rather than later. "Surprised at how tragically perfect I am?" The reaction he got sent a bubbling laughter rising from his throat and spilling out in drips and drabs of child-like giggling. He opened his mouth to let out another witty retort, but the sound of angry yelling filled the air. Vesper closed his mouth and his eyebrows lowered in confusion. That wasn't him yelling. He looked at the noble whom he could have sworn would be the only logical person to be yelling at him, but he was not nearly loud enough to fit the now dozens of chanting. Vesper looked passed the noble's head and was caught somewhere between curiosity and confusion at the sight he was witnessing. At least two dozen city folk were marching down the alley carrying items as random as large knives to burnt loaves of bread. Vesper walked closer to the crowd and nearer to where the nobleman stood. They appeared to be chanting the words 'thief' over and over along with some other rather decorative phrases. His brother seemed to have caught on as well and Lukan held a hand up to silence the red head, scanning over the current situation. 

"This must be with shifter girl." The two spoke in unison. Lukan had already started making his way closer and Vesper looked up at the nobleman. He tugged at his sleeve to get his attention and tilted his head towards the action.

"Well don't just stand there looking hot." He said quickly. "Let's go stop an execution."  

@KiKi Kitsune @TheCommander

Berry leaned back against the wall of a rundown building, still squished behind a dumpster as she took a few deep calming breaths. She had to admit she was tired, not just from lack of sleep but the type of tired that sinks into your bones and makes every waking moment feel like you are in the midst of an emotional marathon. She felt her eyelids droop and her head loll to the side wearily, a minute wouldn't hurt, she thought to herself, just a minute. She curled into herself and closed her eyes, she dozed for a moment sinking deeper and deeper into sleep when a soft chanting lulled into her dream filled mind. First it sounded like a mere sound then built to an irritation until finally it got so loud she snapped from her slumber and hook her head trying to dispel the hazy state from her head.

Only then did it occur to her that the chanting was probably not a good sign and she should snap to her senses. She crawled out from her hiding spot to take a look at what was going on and pulled herself onto her feet. From the middle of the alley she could see a group of people marching angrily past the mouth of the alley. Berry tilted her head to the side curiously and perked her floppy ears to try and better hear what it was they were chanting. 

"Thief! Thief! Thief!"

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion and then through her fog addled brain it registered exactly what they were shouting, or better yet, who they were shouting for. Panic bubbled up in her throat and she did what any good street dog would do, tucked tail and ran. Unfortunately her sudden movement caught the attention of the passing mob and someone recognized her and like one large mass they changed course and surged after her, the steady chant now erratic yells. She was quick and she charged down the street as fast as her pathetically weak legs could carry her, she turned to look over her shoulder as she followed the bed in the alley only to run head first into a wall, a very solid wall. The type of wall that signaled that one's running days were over and there was no getting past it. 

Berry, who was now sprawled in the dirt thanks to said wall, pulled herself to her feet and looked desperately around her to see she was hopelessly trapped. She was never much of a climber so up wasn't an option, down was paved stone and side to side was dirty brick walls with no exits. It was beginning to be painfully clear that there was no escape option, she was at the end of the line. She knew she could fight, she had been taught to but fighting without purpose, without someone to defend was like fighting for the sake of fighting and she was never much good at that. She looked down at her grubby hands and sighed knowing this was likely her last stand and she would die in the gutter just like the stray dog she was. no one would care or mourn her and she felt hollow and useless but oddly at peace. This is it. She turned to face the oncoming mob.

Dragga Snowpetal let out a heavy sigh as shuffled her axe from one shoulder to the other. The earth elemental had discovered something in her travels far from the Earthfrost lands, firstly that the world was actually much bigger than she had originally anticipated and food lasted a lot shorter when you were constantly moving on the road. And the greatest revelation of all was that when you took the daily quest for survival out of the hands of everyone and moved people to a city, it got pretty boring. There was no hunting here! No battles to be fought, Dragga was daydreaming of the battles she had participated in back at home. Not many mind you, but enough to leave a lasting impression. Bandits and raiders were something of a yearly nuisance, and great hunts of wild beasts were at the forefront of her mind. You'd never see something like that here though...maybe the chieftain tradition had a point, Dragga was quickly learning the world outside her tribe operated in very different ways. She still gotten in a few fights in the time she'd been here, but she was no closer to making any new connections with the higher ups of the city that was her goal, it turned out that nobles didn't really have time for a scraggy looking woman in furs wielding an axe.

The short of it? Dragga was left waiting for one of the nobles to realize who she was by her marks, and that was taking far longer than she was hoping for.  The grand journey was never a short one, her own father took six years to complete it and he was considered one of the best chieftain's her tribe had ever had. She just wanted to do something dammit! What she wouldn't give for a fi-

Dragga's lament was interupted by some chanting in the distance, the word thief echoed repeatedly by something akin to a mob not too far off down the road. The warrior frowned, mob's were never a good thing, even in her eyes. She had no qualms with punishing thieves, the crime itself was just as serious up in the frozen wastes, but the citygoers always took it too far. Back home Dragga was used to thieves being dealt with in duels for their freedom, the mobs of the cities were brutal and unforgiving...and that was coming from a barbarian. Besides! That meant an uneven fight! Dragga's eyes gleamed along with her axe and she slowly saunteredd over to the crowd.

Just as she had thought, there was plenty of folks willing to pick on one person. For all she could talk about honor and the blood grudges her people could have the city folk sure seemed much more willing to throw everything into the "unbridled vengeance" pool. Ah well, more to challenge. Standing calmly behind the crowd with her axe resting lazily over her right shoulder, Dragga let out a rough shout, cutting the chants of the crowd as swiftly as any blade could. She surveyed the thief, looking for what the crowd was so up in arms about. After scanning the girl and unable to find any precious trinkets, Dragga simply shrugged. Whatever she had taken was of no concern to her. Adressing the crowd, she began to speak.

"You cityfolk are some bloody cowards , I'll give you that. There's one of her and dozens of you? That's hardly fair." She chuckled loosely and shifted her stance somewhat. "And all of this chanting, you'd think your heading off to battle! It's cute really. But if you want to know what a real battle feels like...I'd be more than happy to oblige. Dragga sized up the crowd with a look of a trained warrior, but she still took no moves. From her side came a man darting out of the crowd to get her before she was ready. He wielded a carving knife, but it'd cut up Dragga just as easily as it would any animal. As he charged, Dragga locked eyes with Berry and smirked before responding in a blur of action.

In one trained movement, Dragga closed the distance with the charging man, taking the butt of her axe and driving it into the man's stomach, winding him. The unexpected blow stunned him, and Dragga's followup left little room to recover. She swept on leg out and tripped him to the ground with a cry of shock before bringing her axe down onto his stomach. She turned the head at the last second to avoid actually killing the man, effectively hitting him in the stomach again with the flat end of her Axe. The man wreathed upon the ground in agony, effectively out of the fight. Dragga simply moved her Axe back onto her shoulder and looked back to the crowd.

"Well that's one down, any more takers?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back