Main RP Hub

kerberos

call me spot
It was 10;53 and Cameron was going to be late. The meeting was held at a hotel in the older side of town, and while he would normally have been able to walk there, there was a large crowd in the streets and Cameron was having some trouble navigating through the busy mobs of people. As he bumped pass a group of businessmen, he felt a pressure on his foot and realized that one of them stepped on it. Scowling, he sent a gush of wind towards the groups direction, hopefully blowing away important documents of some sort. Cameron tapped his hands against his cane as he tried to figure out what street he was on. Giving up, he called for a taxi. 

As he waited for it to come, he let his mind wander to the people going to the meeting. A lot of people didn't show up to this type of thing, so he wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were few. He wondered who would show up, and about the poor kids that would show up having just discovered their "gifts"

A taxi pulled up and Cameron's phone alerted him that it was his. He grimaced as he touched some sticky substance while reaching to close the door. The taxi was filthy, it smelled of cigarettes and dust. Still, it was the best way to get to the meeting so Cameron would have to bear with it. As the car moved through traffic towards the destination, Cameron tried his best not to touch the sticky area of his seat. He fell deep in thought again, as he settled into a comfortable position. He wondered how the older Immortals, the ones he knew, were doing. Many of them were often behind the biggest scandals of history, and old habits die hard. he was sure at least one of them caused something.  

He was pulled out of his thoughts when the car halted to a stop. He payed the driver as he stepped out of the car. Carefully making his way inside. Surprisingly, he seemed to be the first one there. He settled himself over a bar stool and waited for the others, grabbing a beer from behind the counter and setting his tinted glasses down on the table. 

@Echo Dreamsong @Nyctophiliac @NotReyn @DustyLeaves

Last edited by a moderator:
Astraea Conover... A bad name on the streets. She was tiny for her age, severely malnourished, and terrifying. Why is she so scary? Well for one, she bites. Two, nothing seems to kill her... Seriously, she was beaten to a bloody pulp just a couple of hours ago, but she scared them all by living. Astra should have been screaming in agony by then, but she couldn't make a sound. She'd never even said a word. Astra was a mute. Still, she could sign curses like no one ever thought.

With blood splattered across her skin and clothes, Astra had tied strips of fabric over her large wounds to try and feebly fix them. Then she headed to the meeting. People parted faster than you can think (Assuming you can think fast) at the sight of a wounded homeless kid. Even rich people were afraid of her. The girl staggered around for quite some time before making it to the hotel. Her hair was even more of a mess now, and so matted there were probably several creatures stuck in it. Hey, she hadn't been able to brush it for years. Several people gave her odd looks, but Astra wandered over towards Cameron. He was the only one who seemed to be of the meeting type, so she stumbled towards him at looked up before signing 'Got food?' Cameron probably didn't know sign language, but if not she could figure out a way to get his attention.

@kerberos

At 10:30 a fine carriage drawn by two white horses approached the hotel's front lobby. It pulled into the semi-circular driveway where a number of automobiles were parked temporarily as their riders dislodged suitcases from their trunks. A lady wearing an old-fashioned business suit stepped from the antique vehicle. Her finely ironed pants and stark white shirt contrasted with the horse-and-carriage arrangement. She had the jacket slung casually over her shoulders. No matter how you looked at her, she seemed in her mid to late twenties with dark hair hinting at a deep, rich purple and shocking emerald eyes. Her poise was perfect and her face set. 

By 10:47 she had found the grand meeting room where the gathering was to take place. A long black table dominated the space lined with chairs on all sides. Nobody else besides her was there. Aerial scowled at the empty room. It annoyed her that these immortals paid less and less attention to time each gathering. At least they should show some respect when congregating with their own peculiar kind. It was unseemly that immortals should be late. Perhaps having such a long life led them towards a tendency not to get into scruples about tardiness. 

Faust sat back against the leather seat, staring blankly out of the window to his left.  This was a far nicer taxi than the average citizen could afford, looking just like an expensive car on the outside.  Sometimes connections really did make everything.  The woman sitting next to him cleared her throat, signalling the car's arrival at the hotel, to which Faust returned a polite nod and looked up at the building ahead.  It wasn't your average back-alley motel, that was for sure; a welcome change of pace from the usual smoke-filled clubs and basements Faust had been dealing in lately.  The reason for the meeting was a change, as well.  Nobody asking him for money, favours, assassinations, or poison... nobody trying to kill him...

"I suppose I'll be heading in now, then." He nodded to the driver "I'll let you know when it's over.  Tell the owner of the car that his debt is clear.".

10:49

After a (thankfully) brief conversation with the receptionist, Faust made his way up the stairs towards the meeting room.  It was quiet when he entered, save for a couple of people who had just arrived.  Silently, he took a seat at the table.

A soft chuckle escaped the brunette as he crossed the street toward the hotel. It was not the gawking passerby which sparked his amusement but the horse drawn carriage they were gawking at... had someone old, horse drawn carriage era old decided to partake in this years meet? It would certainly allow for some interesting conversation.

Brushing the last imaginary wrinkles from his sleeve Camillo shot one last glance at his watch, 10:50 fashionably late even by his own standards, before entering the hotel. Finding the meeting room turned out to be rather easy as Milo simply followed the tall blond chap whom had arrived barely a minute prior. For now lady luck was on his side.

At first glance the room itself was finely furnished, everything seemed in place and undoubtedly he would be able to order a drink or two while waiting. All in all a fine choice for a meeting; though a certain someone stuck out enough to catch his attention. “Not exactly the princess in glass slippers I was expecting but that's what keeps it interesting; isn't it?” Milo noted with a grin in the blood spattered Astrea's direction.

Besides the tall gentleman he'd followed and the seemingly displaced girl the room held a brown haired fellow near the bar as well as a lady who carried herself with an tangible air of command. The latter seemed difficult to approach so instead Milo strode toward the bar. “Anyone else up for a stiff drink?” he asked no one in particular.

"A drink would be alright, yes." Faust responded, not wanting to remain silent throughout the meeting "Although I can't say I'm up for anything too strong at the moment.  I want to remain alert at least until this meeting is over and done with... with all respect, of course.".  He smiled faintly at the man who spoke, before rising out of his seat and looking over to the bar.  When was the last time Faust had ever ordered anything from a bar?  When was the last time anyone let him order anything?  People tended not to go drinking with a man who could poison everything he touched...  "Are the drinks good here, do you think?" He asked the brunette beside him "A place this grand can't be too bad in terms of refreshments, right?".  A faint chuckle escaped him as he shook his head.  "Ah, what does it matter." He shrugged "A drink is a drink.  Anyhow, I'm willing to order for anyone, if you like.  I'm not exactly short on money at the moment...".

Astra stared at Cameron, narrowing her eyes in confusion. She wasn't being noticed, so she tried waving her hands in front of her face. His eyes still didn't seem to look at her. With a huff, she marched over to look up at Faust. Her leg nearly gave out and she stumbled before coming back up and trying to walk it off. When she got up next to the man, she looked at him and just stared without blinking. Then she raised her hands to begin her attempts at communication. 'I get drink. I get vodka.' Yeah, this tiny street girl had a drinking problem.

@Reyn @Fenris

“Of course..”Camillo echoed, inclining his head, “Wouldn't have it any other way.” Truth be told the idea of a drunken mob stumbling around the hotel lobby held some comedic value but the day was still young and held far more promising prospects. For a moment Milo's attention drifted to the girl waving her hands about, now what was this peculiar red head getting at? He watched for a moment more before turning to Faust, “My thoughts exactly, a place like this is bound to serve a fair drink and I'll gladly accept your generous offer. After all the best things in life are free, or so it's been said.”

He was still deciding on the type of drink when Astra stumbled, her stubborn resolve to walk it off earning enough respect to keep Milo's teasing to an amused grin. It took a few more seconds before the brunette actually noted there was more than agitated waving to the girls gestures. “Intriguing...” Camillo muttered before sliding a menu down the bar toward his newest drinking companions. Resisting the urge to play a prank by slipping one of his paper figures between the pages only because Faust was buying. “Tag me in if you need an assist, I was a prized charade player in a past life you know.” the obvious lie given away by the accompanying chuckle.

@Reyn @Echo Dreamsong

Finally a few more had arrived. Aerial couldn't help but let a faint if dry smile come to her lips. Of course, the first thing they felt the need to do was imbibe some of that nasty fermented stuff. She merely nodded out of respect and took a seat closer to the back of the room to wait for the assembly to begin.

Her personal objective was to scout around for any job opportunities. Perhaps if she took on a job with another immortal it would alleviate her need to move every decade or so. As she observed the intermingling of those who cannot die, she recalled that at least one had deadly powers. The last time she had gathered was 5 years ago. She had missed the last one as her business had her flying to Caracas in a last minute business trip. As things were, she dug around in her memory to try to scrounge up who had which power.

Faust looked down at the girl, raising an eyebrow as she tried to communicate something to him.  Unfortunately, he never learned sign language.  It somehow never came to him as a priority- the only languages he tried to learn were from countries he had business in, and even then he only learned a the basics.  It didn't take a genius to understand context, however.  The girl must've seen him stand up and walk over to the bar, and she likely knew that he was going to buy something for whoever asked.  He turned to Camillo, smiling faintly at his comment.  "Assistance won't be necessary, thank you." He said with a slight shake of his head "Not yet, anyway... but if you're willing to pay for your drink in favours, then I'm not going to refuse... I certainly have a lot of things I need doing.".  Faust laughed slightly, but there was a slight truth to his words.  He doubted Camillo would do anything for him, though.  His first impressions of the man didn't exactly show him in a selfless light.

He picked the menu up off the bar and turned back to the girl, holding it up to her.  He gave a small gesture to the drinks, asking her to point to what she wanted.

Astra frowned at the menu, glaring back and forth between it and Faust. It seemed like an insult to her, something to make fun of her. She'd had plenty of that, so it wouldn't be a surprise. Here's the thing, Astra couldn't read. Never learned, and probably never will. Distress was clear on her face as she tried to make sense of the words. A sort of small growl escaped her and she shook her head with a frown at Faust. Seeing as that wouldn't get her a drink, she pointed at a random drink.
@Reyn @Fenris

The drink the girl had pointed to happened to be a rather expensive whiskey.  Faust wasconfused by the choice, especially since it came from someone who looked so young, but this was a gathering of immortals.  For all he knew, she could be centuries old.  "It's a little expensive, but that's no issue." He said with a nod, before turning around and repeating the order to the bartender.  He then turned to Camillo, smiling politely.  "And you?" He asked "What can I get you?".  Despite his willingness to pay for Astra's rather expensive drink, Faust was not as willing to buy many more drinks in that price range.  He hoped that Camillo didn't take Astra's order as an example he should follow...

@Echo Dreamsong @Fenris

“Your taste is rather refined little lady, though your displeasure is apparent..” Camillo mused, tilting his head ever so slightly. This one certainly created more questions than she answered. “Do cheer up! Its not often so many interesting personalities gather in one room, I'm sure the fun's just starting.” Meanwhile Faust inquired about his own order, making Milo regret having simply passed on the menu without a glance. “An old fashioned seems rather appropriate.” the brunette answered Faust with a grin, deciding it was time for another poor joke. These meetings always seemed to bring out the worse in him, but that was half of his reason for attending. After all most immortals learned to be tolerant sooner or later. “Say friend, whats your secret to your wealth? Bet on the right horse or perhaps stocks? Then again you don't strike me as a gambler.” Still blissfully unaware of the gaze from across the room, Camillo continued his antics, trying to liven things up before the meeting.

@Echo Dreamsong @Reyn

Astra somehow crawled onto a seat next to Camillo, looking ticked. 'You carrot.' She signed. The, um, insult pleased her greatly and she had a smug expression on her face. Even if Camillo didn't know what she said, it was satisfying. 'You really carrot'. Astra was enjoying this rather much. 'You cannot beat fire! You is tree! I winning!' She then reached out to behind the counter, looking weird. She had to get on her knees in the chair to lean over and grasp a glass. The girl didn't know what it was, but she needed a drink to dull the throb of her various wounds. Astra quickly downed the whole bottle of... Something, and reached for another. So what if it was stealing? It was just a bit of liquor! No, bad, but Astra didn't care.

@Fenris @Reyn

Camillo's joke bore no reaction from Faust; the man had about as much hunour in him as a dry piece of wood.  The enquiries about his wealth did seem to catch his interest, though.  "Well, you're right about that, I'm no gambler." He shrugged "The only games I play are ones I'm sure to win.  Russian roulette is quite entertaining no matter who gets the bullet.".  A faint smirk appeared on his face.  "But no, I'm a businessman." He lowered his voice "I trade in certain goods and provide certain services, most of which are related to my powers as an immortal.  As for my wealth... let's just say it's awfully easy to fall in debt to me.  If you put pressure on people to pay, they tend to give more than what they want to lose.".

Subtlety was clearly something Faust was yet to master.

"If you want my day job, though, I work in a law firm." He smiled, the darkness gone from his voice "I earn a good amount from that, too.  Law is a very well-paying field.".  Faust noticed something out of the corner of his eye; the girl from before had taken a full bottle of liquor from the bar and was downing the whole thing.  He tutted, shaking his head in disapproval.  "How ungrateful..." He muttered under his breath "After I offered to pay all that for a drink...".

@Fenris @Echo Dreamsong

There was no crack in Fausts composure and when the man began to elaborate on his business it was easy to see why. Certainly this man was no stranger to the darker side of humanity and if Milo had led more of a moral life himself he'd probably have done well to end their little chat. “Hmm, hopefully not as easy as accepting a free drink? I'd rather not accrue too much debt in one day.” The lighthearted words hardly conveying the new light in which he viewed his drinking companion. “You do have me intrigued though, what kind of power might that be?”

Camillo still couldn't really decipher the exact meaning of Astra's gestures but he had the nagging feeling that her sudden change in demeanor came at his expense. As one sided as the conversation was the brunette tried to gather some meaning from the gestures but mostly resorted to shrugging and the odd tactical nod when it seemed appropriate. Only when the red head reached for the bottle did he raise a brow, equal parts surprised and amused by the action. “Never been particularly lucky finding answers at the bottom of a bottle, but then again it hasn't stopped me from looking either.” A chuckle escaped Milo as he watched her reach for another, “Though our benefactor is right, you'll only end up ruining the taste...how about you leave that bottle for later?” As he reached for the bottle in Astra's hand the immortal spotted a waiter making his way over. Attracted either by the act of the girl acquiring bottles or Fausts order, if lady luck was smiling it would be the second.

@Reyn @Echo Dreamsong

Aerial sat in her chair, legs crossed, browsing through her phone. She seemed not to care for the conversation near the bar but it was quite the opposite. Her ears were keenly attuned to what they were saying. She noted how the youngest one seemed to be intent on getting herself drunk on liquor another man had purchased. It was quite the amusing scene. These gathering always had some unique flavor to them that bled from the unique individuals' personalities. Although, she preferred not to become embroiled in a petty fight as others had done before. The woman wondered when the actual meeting would start and there would be something of interest to talk about rather than shady business. 

(open for interaction)

Astra ignored the others, grabbing yet another drink. One lady came over and glared at her. Astra ignored the waitress, deciding that she needed more. On the streets, you didn't get anything more than trash food. Liquor was never around, but Astra seriously needed some. Her PTSD was showing again, and she was starting to panic again. The woman yanked the drink back from Astra and the girl hissed at the woman. 

"Someone please control the girl!" The woman said to Faust and Camillo before walking off with the bottle. Astra grabbed another. 

@Fenris @Reyn

"Oh, don't worry." Faust smiled "Despite how it may seem, I am very honest about my contracts.  If there was anything I needed from you, then I would've asked for it.".  He leaned against the bar, tapping his hand against the surface and sighing deeply.  "You can trust me on this one." He said "I have no sinister motives behind this act.  It's not in my nature to be so openly deceptive.".  A faint chuckle escaped him and his expression darkened again "That being said, my powers seem to suggest the opposite.".  As he spoke, Faust reached into his jacket and produced a small, glass bottle filled with a thick fluid.  "This, to put it simply, is a chemical weapon." He lowered his voice so only the man beside him could hear "It's fatal in humans, of course, but they're usually grateful for that release.  If I were to give this to an immortal, they wouldn't be so lucky as to die at the end.  That's why I'm wearing these gloves, see?  The poison coats my skin.".  He slid the bottle back inside his jacket and smiled at Camillo.  "I have no intentions of using it today." Faust tried to sound reassuring "Especially not in these drinks, just to clear that up.  Anyhow, what about yourself?  What gifts were yo-".

His voice cut off as he noticed someone across the room.  There was a woman sitting down, staring at a phone, focusing intently on something.  It wasn't likely that she heard any mention of his power, but Faust seemed somewhat concerned anyway.  He reasoned that it would probably be best to bring her closer.  "Excuse me, ma'am?" He smiled politely at her, gesturing for her to come forwards "I'm buying drinks for people.  Can I get you anything?".

@Fenris @Nyctophiliac

Her eyes flicked up from her phone, concluded that the question was indeed directed at her, then tilted her face to meet his gaze fully. "No thank you. That is a generous offer but I prefer not to drink alcohol," she said neutrally but with an air of finality. 

@Reyn

Astra finally set down the bottle, looking around. Everyone seemed so ancient and just overall superior, something she was not too happy about. The lady Faust was talking to seemed to be that way to, so Astra grew a bit more unhappy. Not only did she think they felt superior, but they couldn't communicate with her! Astra let out a small annoyed sort of growl and stumbled into the center of the room. She clapped her hands several times to get the others attention. 'I A-S-T-R-A-E-A! You all carrots! Why you act like better? Listen!' She signed angrily, glaring at everyone. Seeing as not too many were paying attention, Astra burst. She let out a small strangled cry of anger and focused on her arms. Her hands burst into flame and she waved them around until people started to notice. She smirked at everyone before extinguishing the flames and bowing. The small girl went back to her drinks.
@kerberos @Nyctophiliac @Reyn @Fenris

Camillo gave the waitress a charming smile that turned to a helpless shrug when she stormed off, unimpressed by his attempts. “Mortals..” he sighed with a quick glance at Astra who was already reaching for another bottle, certainly making it seem like his own ilk was no better.

Despite Fausts apparent honesty his powers seemed to be of the ominous sort. Gloves or not Milo decided not to push his luck today and remain conscious of touching the man. From what was said it sounded like not being able to die was far from being unaffected by the poison...these gatherings always turned out to be interesting. Just about to repay the favor by revealing his own gift it seemed someone else took it upon themselves.

Turning toward the noise Camillo was only mildly surprised to see Astraea at its source. Curios the immortal questioningly raised a brow, trying to decipher the message and intent as the girl grew increasingly frustrated. Her hands suddenly burst into flames inducing the odd gasp, not just illusions either; he could feel the heat from where he sat. She certainly had gathered the rooms attention before returning to the bar, prompting him to approach once more. “Impressive display little lady, or is it I-S-T-R-A-E-A?” he clumsily copied her gestures, missing one. “Though I think our hosts are more comfortable with the old rabbit from a hat act.” With a smile Milo retrieved an origami figure from one of his many pockets and closing his hand around it. “I'd be a shame if we got evicted before the meet even begins...” Opening his hand a snow white dove took to the air with a wild beat of wings. “...don't you think?”

@Reyn @Echo Dreamsong

Astra frowned at Camillo, tilting her head slightly. The bird really interested her and she had to fight the urge to run after it. She watched as it fluttered around the room, keeping her attention the entire time. 'How you do that?' She signed, finally wrenching her gaze from the flying paper thing and back to Camillo. 'And I A-S-T-R-A-E-A. No S-T-R-A-E-A' She looked a bit grumpy at that, crossing her arms and waiting for him to get it right.
@Fenris @Reyn

As the taxi came to a halt, Lyle tossed the money at the driver and practically flew out of the car.  "Damn it I'm so late..." He scolded himself.  He quickly made his way over to the receptionist as he got inside. "Excuse me Miss, I'm supposed to be meeting some colleagues here."  The receptionist smiled and him and nodded.  She gave him the directions and Lyle smiled "Thank you Ma'am." He said politely before quickly making his way to the meeting room.  Once there, he opened the door to find a samll girl flailing her arms about, producing flames from her hands.  "Sweet Mary and Joseph!" He cried out.  The rest of the room seemed unaffected by the small girl as she went back to the bar and sat down.  Lyle stood in the doorway, blinking with a confused look on his face.  He cleared this throat and addressed the room. "W-what did I miss?" 

Alya sighed, she had heard of a party and she knew a few friends and others that she knew "Hmm i might go" she said and she walk down the street to the hotel where everyone was at. about five minutes after she started to walk....Alya called at a taxi and she took it to the hotel. Alya smiled as she waited to get their and she fell asleep and she waited to get their. when the taxi stopped Alya hit the seat hard and she groaned but paid the man and she ran out. Looking up at the hotel , she walked inside smiling as she opened the door and she saw the others and saw a girl producing flames out of her hands "wow now thats cool" she said walking in and she saw the man who had looked like he just walked in " did i miss anything too?" she asked looking around.

Users who are viewing this thread