Main Rp Area

"Possibly?" Liani asked and raised an eyebrow at that but she didn't speak on it she waited patiently for him to answer she could tell he wasn't done talking, When he began once more Liani had returned her hands to her pockets and simply stood in silence as she listened to the man speak. This was hard for him that much she could tell but she was truly interested in the answer she didn't want to know just for the sake of knowing.

The woman stood watching him as he spoke her lips upturned into a solemn smile as she simply listened "12 months" she stated surprised. She had never heard of anything like that before. Her upturned lips turned into a frown when he began to describe the attack on his mother and her eyes filled with sorrow at how that poor woman must have felt. Some people were animals thinking they could do that to another human being "Oh i'm so sorry..." she whispered in horror and put her hand over her mouth shaking her head as the story went on.

Liani felt her stomach twist with nausea when he described the blessing and the ties of emotions, she shook her head slightly clearly saddened at such a story and at how much it impacted the man in front of her. It truly sounded like an awful ordeal to go through. "Your poor mother.." she couldn't imagine suddenly being given the gift of being able to have a child just to have it go so horrifically wrong. Imagine being that child? it ran a chill right through her...she had such a beautiful child hood and loving family, she could never imagine something like this. 

"Ryuu..." Liani stated her sadness starting to dissipate when she saw his skin "Ryuu your skin...are you alright?" she asked and took a small step toward the man...what was happening was someone else doing this but it didn't seem to be causing him pain? she didn't think so anyways? "Ryuu!" Her voice was louder this time when his very skin looked like it was shifting..her eyes widened in panic as he seemed to get more unhinged and the girl went to reach forward and lean her hand on his shoulder as a way to bring him back to the present but the young woman had to jump back quickly when the flames came to life her fingers barely escaping.
Liani's breath was stolen from her as she stared at the vision in front of her, the hardened skin that had changed color...the smoke wisping around the man but what stole her breath he most was the cheeks running down his face. She had never seen Ryuu break composure not once, tonight when he was messing with the smoke from his nose was the closest she had ever seen but that had been in good fun she never expected...this. She was stunned, shocked even but she wasn't scared. In fact her heart felt heavy watching a grown man weep on his knees in front of her.

Liani hung her head and sighed deeply. "Why would i run?" she asked confused and a little hurt that he would think she would. Carefully placing her hand on his should to make sure it wasn't to hot,she was glad when it wasn't though infact pleasantly warm. "Oh ryuu" she muttered and put her other hand on his other shoulder before leaning down to the man level she carefully pulled him into a hug. He felt like a stone against her but still she patted his back gently "Hush now...it's alright..."

She hadn't run off. Despite his looks, his story. The absolute break in his composure. He slowly turned back and with the tears dried he actually blushed. Anytime a girl hugged him he felt their breasts on him. 

It made him disgusted and uncomfortable most times but here? It didn't bother him one bit. He tensed a little to let her know he was fine. Standing he brushed the pebbles and dust away. 

"You're much different from the others Miss Liani..." Ryuu cleared his throat. "I cant predict you as well as everyone else i've encountered. Thank-you. For not running. I owe you more than you'd possibly comprehend."

As he said this, he smiled ever so slightly, cheeks tinged pink. "I don't feel as devoid of emotion anymore. If you're up to it, i'll allow you to step into my office and i'll give you something. Anything asked i will try not to be vague about either if it's possible." He walked past her, heating her nose as if a warm finger brushed it. "Let us continue. We've wasted enough time."

When he simply got up and brushed the pebbles off Liani blinked a few times in surprise. Well that was..quick? hmm she supposed he wasn't used to cracking like that so it shouldn't be a shock that he recovered himself so quickly however when he did get up she swore he was red faced. Straightening up herself and turning around so she was facing the direction they were walking in once more she simply smiled "I didn't run when you told me you had killed all those people, I didn't run when you pretty much showed me you had set yourself on fire and i didn't run when I almost got shot...so hmm why would i run now". Her tone was a simple one as if it was ridiculous that the concept of her running should ever even have come up.  The young woman laughed quietly when he said he could not predict her and she just smirked "My momma said i always liked to keep things surprising" the woman announced proudly and started to walk "I do not like to be predictable and you Mr Ryuu as someone who is used to figuring out everything well i think it will do you some good" her tone was light and teasing as the tension of the previous scene started to leave them.

"You don't owe me anything" Liani said firmly she would expect not hanks for showing someone kindness besides it had struck her when she saw him cry like that she hadn't liked it at all. Her hand went to her nose when she felt the heat brush against it and she smiled once more before she began walking again along behind the man and then a quick jog to catch up and walk beside him. "Well, my first question is...are you blushing?" she glanced at him from the side of her eye with a grin on her face. "Becauuuse i thin k you might be...." she poked him in the arm,.

@The Broken Mind

When he simply got up and brushed the pebbles off Liani blinked a few times in surprise. Well that was..quick? hmm she supposed he wasn't used to cracking like that so it shouldn't be a shock that he recovered himself so quickly however when he did get up she swore he was red faced. Straightening up herself and turning around so she was facing the direction they were walking in once more she simply smiled "I didn't run when you told me you had killed all those people, I didn't run when you pretty much showed me you had set yourself on fire and i didn't run when I almost got shot...so hmm why would i run now". Her tone was a simple one as if it was ridiculous that the concept of her running should ever even have come up.  The young woman laughed quietly when he said he could not predict her and she just smirked "My momma said i always liked to keep things surprising" the woman announced proudly and started to walk "I do not like to be predictable and you Mr Ryuu as someone who is used to figuring out everything well i think it will do you some good" her tone was light and teasing as the tension of the previous scene started to leave them.

"You don't owe me anything" Liani said firmly she would expect not hanks for showing someone kindness besides it had struck her when she saw him cry like that she hadn't liked it at all. Her hand went to her nose when she felt the heat brush against it and she smiled once more before she began walking again along behind the man and then a quick jog to catch up and walk beside him. "Well, my first question is...are you blushing?" she glanced at him from the side of her eye with a grin on her face. "Becauuuse i thin k you might be...." she poked him in the arm,.

@The Broken Mind

"From what i understand, yes... I am Blushing." Ryuu stated. They had eventually made it in sight of the Office so he had her close her eyes. No need to see everything currently. 

Walking in Califa only nodded. "Cryon is waiting in your office." The woman stated as she clacked away at her keyboard. Directing Liani to an elevator he sighed. "My office will be the first thing you see here Miss Liani." 

His office was pretty well sized. Duel monitor computer, tower, glowing keyboard and a super comfy chair along with others opposite it. Many cabinets were around the room and then a clash was heard.

Tensing, Ryuu sighed Heavily. "Cryon i swear... If you're in the assorted mints again i'll scorch your fingers!" A deep laughter responded. One of the chairs turned and the russin was smirking.

"Ryuu Okobani. This must be the girl Califa snapped two pencils over, no?" The man laughed again. "It seems you want me to make something. I can see it in your eyes." Nodding his head at Liani he grinned. "I'm Cryon Butley. Pronounced Beaut-ley. It's nice to meet you Miss. Care for a drink?" As he extended his flask Ryuu shot him a stare and he shivered. "Don't do that boy! Scares me everytime i say..." Taking a drink, the Russian huffed. 

"Come. Sit down Miss Liani. We've walked quite a bit though you may be comfortable walking in your current outfit, my chairs should feel better." Ryuu stated, walking towards his own while Cryon stood beside him. He whispered something and Ryuu replied with narrow eyes and a nod. Looking at Liani he blinked. 

Both monitors were off and turned so he could see his guest. "Would you like wine? Sparkling juice? Maybe something to eat. Don't be afraid. Anything asked will be answered." The man said, his voice normal once again.

"Welcome. Im going to assume you hate your life right now and want to take a hot shower. Just be careful with the stitches. Ill change your bandaging afterwards."

The doctor locked the door behind him and immediately got to business. He removed his lab coat and shoes, headed straight for his personal at-home office, and got on the cameras for awhile. 

The doctor's home was surprisingly humble considering how much money he truly had. It was by no means small but it wasn't the massive type of house you would expect from someone with his wealth. It appeared more like a getaway vacation home and Hathom truly loved it that way. The modern tech decorated its internals and the cholor scheme was that of autumn colors. Warm oranges, browns, and reds. 

After being satisfied, the doctor set up some of his casual clothing for Kara outside of the bathroom door. It was a simple black T shirt and some loose gym pants. Comfort over appearance though that look certainly had its own appeal. 

@Lola Shimmer

"i never seen you blush before"  Liani grinned just wondering why it was she was so pleased with herself at being able to make him do so, But then again perhaps he was just embarrassed from getting upset in front of her.  When she was instructed to close her eyes she did so and was rather excited to see what this place was actually going to look like. She had tried to imagine it in her head but come up blank several times. She heard Califa talk and waved in greeting toward the direction the sound of the woman's voice had come. She knew Califa didn't like her much but that didn't mean Liani had to be rude and not say hello to her.

Liani laughed quietly as she was directed to the elevator and stepped inside, The young woman gave a nod in agreement when Ryuu explained that his office would be the first thing she would see...it meant everything else would still be a surprise. Liani jumped when she heard the clash and her eyes finally sprung open and she took in the office. It looked spacious and comfortable and of course perfectly neat as befitted Ryuu to a Tee.  Smiling as the Russian spun around in the chair "Oh not the mints" she joked.

Her head tilted to the side when he mentioned what Califa had done and liani sighed a little. She really didn't know what else she could do to make the woman like her she was always perfectly polite to her and yet Califa still bore a grudge against her however what sparked her interest the most was when he said Ryuu wanted him to make something. He hadn't even said anything. "Uhh it's nice to meet you...I am Liani, Liani Trace" she introduced herself to the man.

When Ryuu invited her to sit down she decided to do just that..though she did once more look at her outfit. "Yeah..I'm sorry i umm i know 'im not exactly dressed...i got ready in a rush.." she let her voice trail off she did feel very under dressed but she sat herself down anyways "Oh um a water would be nice?" she asked

@The Broken Mind
Kara had sent grey off when they left the hospital and had the wolf follow them to Hathom's place and then scout out the perimeter which the wolf would continue to do for most of the night. The woman laughed as they entered the property and he stated she must hate her life, However she shook her head no at that. "No i don't hate my life i hate that i am in no fit way to change it's current state but. I am breathing and that is a plus" she said simply. Though she was extremely grateful at the offer of a hot shower in fact she was extremely grateful at the offer of a safe place to stay also. It was very kind of the doctor and not to  mention putting himself in harms way should anyone find out she was here.

"Shower sounds good and yeah i'll watch the stitches." And Kara went off to do just that. She was glad to get the sticky now dried blood off her skin and even happier to have the hot water wash the tension out of her muscles and bones. She already felt sore and knew she would feel it even more tomorrow but she would deal with it she had, had worse. Afterward she had peaked her head out of the bathroom door about to shout and enquirer about some clothes when she saw the neat pile already waiting. She smiled and grabbed them only to emerge from the bathroom afew moments later dressed and feeling much better. 

Kara hadn't even bothered to think about saving the clothes she had, she had dumped them in Hathom's bathroom bin, she hoped her didn't mind. She hung a loose towel around her shoulders so her hair wouldn't soak the back of her t-shirt and wandered toward what she hopped was the kitchen "I don't suppose you've got any tea...."

@shadowz1995

Hathom was about to press the cup of tea to his lips when she made the question. Rounding the corner, Kara looked rather...well....sexy having just come out of the shower. He blinked a few times before looking down at his cup of tea and placing it down. He slid it down the kitchen counter to her before turning and reaching into the cabinet to get another tea cup. He poured himself another steaming cup of homemade green tea. 

The doctor blew on it a few times before taking a slow, grateful sip. The effect was almost immediate and Hathom could swear his knees felt like they were about buckle from the satisfaction. He breathed a slow sigh of relief before looking at the teapot. Hathom always collected the herbs needed, ground them himself and made the entire tea by hand. It made it taste so much better that way. At least, in his personal opinion. 

"Came just in time. Let me know if you want some sugar with it." 

@Lola Shimmer

"i never seen you blush before"  Liani grinned just wondering why it was she was so pleased with herself at being able to make him do so, But then again perhaps he was just embarrassed from getting upset in front of her.  When she was instructed to close her eyes she did so and was rather excited to see what this place was actually going to look like. She had tried to imagine it in her head but come up blank several times. She heard Califa talk and waved in greeting toward the direction the sound of the woman's voice had come. She knew Califa didn't like her much but that didn't mean Liani had to be rude and not say hello to her.

Liani laughed quietly as she was directed to the elevator and stepped inside, The young woman gave a nod in agreement when Ryuu explained that his office would be the first thing she would see...it meant everything else would still be a surprise. Liani jumped when she heard the clash and her eyes finally sprung open and she took in the office. It looked spacious and comfortable and of course perfectly neat as befitted Ryuu to a Tee.  Smiling as the Russian spun around in the chair "Oh not the mints" she joked.

Her head tilted to the side when he mentioned what Califa had done and liani sighed a little. She really didn't know what else she could do to make the woman like her she was always perfectly polite to her and yet Califa still bore a grudge against her however what sparked her interest the most was when he said Ryuu wanted him to make something. He hadn't even said anything. "Uhh it's nice to meet you...I am Liani, Liani Trace" she introduced herself to the man.

When Ryuu invited her to sit down she decided to do just that..though she did once more look at her outfit. "Yeah..I'm sorry i umm i know 'im not exactly dressed...i got ready in a rush.." she let her voice trail off she did feel very under dressed but she sat herself down anyways "Oh um a water would be nice?" she asked

Ryuu nodded, clicking something and he heard water being put in a glass, ice dropping in. Standing he grabbed the water, putting it by Liani, sitting down. "Cryon?" Ryuu questioned.

"Yeeeeaaas Ryuu? What could you need?" Cryon questioned, winking at Liani. Then he caught what his boss tossed at him, eyes wide. "Why are you giving me your Inconel Ryuu?"

Ryuu sighed. "Inconel is a superalloy. Made by mixing Austenite, Nickle and Chromium, it will not lose strength in heat let alone it's resistance to Corrosion and Oxidation. As for why... I  want you to fashion a ring and finger ring for miss Liani. Try to make it maroon as well. I understand it's hard but do it. If not i'll have another but you'll lose the chance to use-" Ryuu was cut off as metal screeches were heard.

As he gave the water the man had gave Liani ear plugs that he had in a gallon bag in a drawer of miscellaneous things. For himself he tightened his jaw at the noise irratibly. Cryon took his time but this was important so no rush was ordered. Ten minutes. The russian set the metal items in a water basin on Ryuu's desk and the H2O hissed it's complaint. When it simmered Ryuu took them out, looking.

Tossing them in his hand he caught the new jewelry and would have smiled if Cryon wasn't around. "You did the job right as asked. You can do as pleased under normal rules now." Ryuu stated. Then he looked at Liani, seeing Cryon heading towards the door, sitting by it.

"Miss Liani Trance. I bear you two gifts to link us in temporary alliance. You've partial command of my resources and people. Respect this privilege well as i've only done this for few others." Placing the ring by the girl along with the finger ring Ryuu stood and bowed.

"If you are in need never hesitate. I'll be there as soon as i can however, try not to make me tie children's shoes or things akin. Come to my office whenever. Show either the Maroon ring or other sleeve and you'll be brought right to me or wherever else." Cryon looked worried. Ryuu's eyes narrowed.

"Even if you decide not to take the finger sleeve, take the ring. Do not tell your guardian of all of the privileges you hold nor give her them, or anyone else without proper notification. You may say it allows access to enter my office when needed but not whenever. She knows i'm literal. Be careful, they are still warm." He crossed his left leg over his right, elbows on his dark mahogany wood colored desk.

"If Califa makes a fuss don't hesitate to taunt her. She understands what the ring means so upsetting you will mean hefty punishment and work off, no pay." An audible anger noise was heard as was the snap of something outside of the room. Cryon snickered. Ryuu snorted with a small devious smile. 

"I welcome you as a important person not below me but near akin to me Miss Liani Trace. Do not dissapoint me. Ask any questions as i know you have something to ask."

(sorry i've been MIA guys)
Kara caught he tea easily in her hand before it was able to slide of the edge of the counter. The brunette smiled at the warmth of it against her palm and glanced over at the doctor. It was odd seeing him without his white coat  "You don't have to give me yours I'll make one?" she offered though in all honesty she was grateful she really was looking forward to the hot drink after today.  When he reached for another for himself Kara smiled and put the cup to her lips taking a sip. She was surprised at the taste and smiled peering into the cup as if inspecting it would giver her an answer. "This taste's amazing!"

The woman closed her eyes savoring the taste and the warmth with a happy sigh before she leaned on the counter to take the weight of her aching body. "No, No sugar it's perfect. Thanks for this. I mean not just the tea...letting me stay as well you really didn't have too. I've dragged you into all this trouble." Kara did feel bad about that but she also knew that he was one of the few people that could handle it. It was strange she hadn't known the man long but trusted him with this anyways, she was glad she had a helping hand in this. "You have a beautiful home...truly i like the feel of it" she looked around from where she stood before looking back to Hathom. "So doctor, expert tea maker and hider of troubled guardians. Is there anything you don't do Dr hathom" the woman smirked at the man and laughed mischievously before taking another sip of tea. It truly was delicious.

@shadowz1995 

"Oh thank you"  Liani smiled politely and took a small sip of the water before setting it down on the table. The young woman smirked when Cyron winked at her and she shook her head, the man was clearly a very playful person. However she did look over at Ryuu curiously wondering what he was up too. Especially when he tossed something over to the other man. "Wait for me?" she asked eyes wide and twisted in her seat turning back to Ryuu. "You don't have to give me anything??"

Liani shook her head but it was too late she already heard the screeching of the metal and couldn't protest. She took the ear plugs happily and shoved them in her ears but watched in awe as Cyron worked. So he could control metal or at least manipulate it. Fascinating she wondered how many different types of gifts existed. As soon as the man was finished she removed the ear plugs, she asked for nothing from Ryuu and expected nothing but not to say she was excited to see what it was. 
As Ryuu bowed Liani got to her feet shocked at what the man was saying she already thought the jewelry to much a gift but all of this as well. "Ryuu please...this is too much" she said quickly and stared at the man and then to the rings "why are you giving me all of these things..i...you don't have to.." she shook her head. The girl reached forward and lifted the ring gingerly in her hand. It was indeed still warm and very beautiful...she was caught of guard and quite speechless. 

Liani smiled slightly and lifted the other as well. "these are both very beautiful Ryuu and i deserve neither but i thank you for them...and of course i will keep them in the strictest confidence...thank you" she slipped both onto her fingers one on each hand and they fit perfectly. "Truly thank you..I've never received such a nice gift...as for Califa i would never taunt her..." she laughed quietly and sat back down still inspecting the jewelry until he mentioned the questions. "Hmm oh yes...well i suppose my main one is what's really going on with this curfew..."

@The Broken Mind

(sorry i've been MIA guys)
Kara caught he tea easily in her hand before it was able to slide of the edge of the counter. The brunette smiled at the warmth of it against her palm and glanced over at the doctor. It was odd seeing him without his white coat  "You don't have to give me yours I'll make one?" she offered though in all honesty she was grateful she really was looking forward to the hot drink after today.  When he reached for another for himself Kara smiled and put the cup to her lips taking a sip. She was surprised at the taste and smiled peering into the cup as if inspecting it would giver her an answer. "This taste's amazing!"

The woman closed her eyes savoring the taste and the warmth with a happy sigh before she leaned on the counter to take the weight of her aching body. "No, No sugar it's perfect. Thanks for this. I mean not just the tea...letting me stay as well you really didn't have too. I've dragged you into all this trouble." Kara did feel bad about that but she also knew that he was one of the few people that could handle it. It was strange she hadn't known the man long but trusted him with this anyways, she was glad she had a helping hand in this. "You have a beautiful home...truly i like the feel of it" she looked around from where she stood before looking back to Hathom. "So doctor, expert tea maker and hider of troubled guardians. Is there anything you don't do Dr hathom" the woman smirked at the man and laughed mischievously before taking another sip of tea. It truly was delicious.

@shadowz1995 

"Oh thank you"  Liani smiled politely and took a small sip of the water before setting it down on the table. The young woman smirked when Cyron winked at her and she shook her head, the man was clearly a very playful person. However she did look over at Ryuu curiously wondering what he was up too. Especially when he tossed something over to the other man. "Wait for me?" she asked eyes wide and twisted in her seat turning back to Ryuu. "You don't have to give me anything??"

Liani shook her head but it was too late she already heard the screeching of the metal and couldn't protest. She took the ear plugs happily and shoved them in her ears but watched in awe as Cyron worked. So he could control metal or at least manipulate it. Fascinating she wondered how many different types of gifts existed. As soon as the man was finished she removed the ear plugs, she asked for nothing from Ryuu and expected nothing but not to say she was excited to see what it was. 
As Ryuu bowed Liani got to her feet shocked at what the man was saying she already thought the jewelry to much a gift but all of this as well. "Ryuu please...this is too much" she said quickly and stared at the man and then to the rings "why are you giving me all of these things..i...you don't have to.." she shook her head. The girl reached forward and lifted the ring gingerly in her hand. It was indeed still warm and very beautiful...she was caught of guard and quite speechless. 

Liani smiled slightly and lifted the other as well. "these are both very beautiful Ryuu and i deserve neither but i thank you for them...and of course i will keep them in the strictest confidence...thank you" she slipped both onto her fingers one on each hand and they fit perfectly. "Truly thank you..I've never received such a nice gift...as for Califa i would never taunt her..." she laughed quietly and sat back down still inspecting the jewelry until he mentioned the questions. "Hmm oh yes...well i suppose my main one is what's really going on with this curfew..."

@The Broken Mind

Ryuu grit his teeth. "The curfew huh?" Another question of utmost meaning. "Miss Liani. As much as i wish to tell you it fully i can't do that. I'll give what i can but nothing much more beyond it."

Cryon had left the room after a crying Califa could faintly be heard to him. "Guardians are patrolling and rather not be caught. My people are doing this as well but if attacked they tend to... Harm the assailants. Thats why a murderer was used as a cover. We don't want people finding us out either you know." 

Stepping towards the window, Ryuu looked outside before his phone rang. Walking over he picked it up. "Oh really? Same as the others? They will not be pleased but they should know better. Finish the patrol and be done."

He stood back up. "Before you ask, Patrol got attacked and so two people got broken bones. Nothing major." He heated the metal on the woman. "They look nice on you. If you'd prefer wear one at a time. Both are not needed at one. I could have Cryon make a copy set so it matches symmetrically if you like." The man blew a whisp in the shape of a thetre laughing mask. "Anything more you'd like to know Miss Liani?"

"Yes the curfew.." Liani said matter of factly. She could tell he wasn't happy about the question but he had said she could ask anything she wanted and that one had been annoying her, she knew the story they were telling wasn't the true one. The girl got to her feet indignant when he said he couldn't tell her fully. "You promised!" she demanded clearly annoyed and let an annoyed huff escape through her nose "You said you would answer fully. anything i asked Ryuu" Liani crossed her arms over her chest but she nodded at the answer he gave, At lease she knew somewhat. 

"Why are they patrolling?" She asked and walked over so she was soon stood beside the man staring out the window. The view was breathtaking and she could see the whole town from here. A soft smile touched her lips at that. This was the furthest the woman had ever been from home and honestly she liked this little town...it was always full of surprises for her. "How come it's all so secret.. I mean the amount of good you all could do if people knew..i mean the scientific benefits alone..." 

liani glanced over her shoulder curiously when he picked up the phone and raised an eyebrow in question at the conversation but she smiled when he went on to explain it to her anyways. Heh seemed he knew her well already and knew that she would ask. Liani wrapped her arms around herself and went back to staring out the window. "They're pretty" The young woman commented when she felt the heat against her skin and she laughed at the mask "No these are just fine i do not need any more" she laughed softly "Hmm you almost act your age when no one else is around Ryuu" Liani teased and nudged the man with her elbow. "As for anything more i want to know...there is hundreds i would never have time to ask them all"

@The Broken Mind

"As much as i've promised, i answered fully. You wanted to know what it was about. Not what was covered up.  We patrol to watch for something i wont tell you about because i fear you cant understand it. Don't argue either."

When he was nudged he looked at her. "Correction. I act this way around you when i'm alone." The man saw storm clouds in the moonlight. "I rather not drag you into things you needn't worry about now. If you knew you could be harmed." Smoke jetted from his nostrils until it wafted out and then stopped. No smell was really accompanied by it however.

"Don't tell me not to argue i'm not one of your employees Ryuu you don't get to tell me what to do"  The woman said firmly. Liani might be a quiet ans polite young lady but one thing she was not was a pushover and besides she always got her back up when someone tried to tell her what to do. "There is so much going on right now and i just feel like" she sighed shaking her head "I dunno out of the loop? the atmosphere around here lately feels so on edge...like everything is just about to explode" she played sub consciously with the ring on her finger. "... I kinda looked at getting a gun you know...and some cameras for my place" she admitted finally...she hadn't told anyone that but the event at the cafe had freaked her out more than she had known

"I've already been harmed" Liani added quietly when he said there was things she better not know but she said no more on the subject as she would rather not remember those dead bodies flashing before her eyes, they haunted her dreams enough since then as it was. The woman smiled once more when she saw the smoke escape Ryuu's nostril and she laughed softly. "silly" she teased lightly and leaned on Ryuus desk. "How come you are so different with me?" Liani looked over at him to catch his eye she wanted an honest answer and was surprised at how nervous she was as to what it might be. "I like your company Mr Ryuu it is always interesting"

@The Broken Mind

"I'll tell you what to do if i must Miss Liani. Don't press me." Ryuu replied quickly. He didn't like doing it for some reason but she had to know he told her this for her own well being.

"With certain things, it's better to not be completely aware..." He trailed off. "I'll have people near by keep watch for you. Get what you need if you'd like." He crossed his arms behind his back. 'I'd expect no less from someone who's seen the dead right beside herself.' He thought. 'Still. She has every right to feel threatened but not as much by now'

Then Liani's latest question made him look at her. "You interest me. You dont run when others have. You're curious in a better way than most. I can not fully read what you're reaction will be either Miss Liani." Ryuu turned to see out of the window, letting out a brisk exhale before he looked at her from the corner of his left eye. "You've also been told things i've to watch you for. Though i trust your word, one can never be too careful if they go about it correctly."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, I can't use any fancy powers like my parents or yourself. As good as I am, I'm only one man, so I can't do everything as much as I want. I Can't take bullets very well."

"I also can't find a good woman. There has only been one good one that has caught my eye and she is far too busy fighting an internal war that could decide the fate of the whole city and quite possibly, the entire world. I also can't do much to help her because, as I said, I'm only human."

"So there is quite a few things I can't do Ms. Kara. But thank you all the same. It's very flattering." He stated all this with a small smile as he raised his cup of tea to the attractive elite with a nod. "Here's to your victory Ms. Kara. I will do everything humanely possible to help you win this feud."

With that, the doctor took a long swig of the tea and let out a long sigh of relief as ceramic left his lips. Truly, it was much better made from scratch. 

The man took this moment to gaze around his home and chuckled at how empty it could feel. Hathom didn't hire maids or assistants of any kind. He handled cooking, cleaning, repairs and the whole 9 yards on his own. Not that he lived a mansion but it was still a large house. 

"If you don't mind, I'm also going to shower now. I still smell like blood and surgery from the rush of injured we had today." With a small bow, Hathom took his leave and headed for the shower.

Hathom didn't take long in the shower when he usually would take an hour after the last few days just unwind. Alas, he had a guest and he couldn't just leave her bored. So he showered quickly and dressed himself. He hadn't bothered to tie his hair back this time and just let the damp, black locks hang around his shoulders freely. He dressed in a tank top/ muscle shirt and some loose jeans. Some of the bullet holes could be seen through the muscle shirt and the one in his arm was (obviously) clearly visible. They had healed rather well considering. 

The doctor thought back to the girl he had saved and all of the people he tried saving while dying himself. He had impressed himself that day. Adrenaline was one hell of a motivator and painkiller. He had read about it and seen it first hand but experiencing it in such a way was a first.

He exited the bathroom with a sigh and gave Kara a tired smile, "More tea?"

@Lola Shimmer

Liani pinned the man with a look when he stated she shouldn't press him "You may try and tell me what to do but that does not mean i shall do it. I am not a child Ryuu do not treat me like one i know you are used to people doing as you say or please, perhaps because they fear you or work for you or whatever. I am NOT one of these people and i shall do as I think, so you will just have to get used to it" she warned with a firm nod of her head and a no nonsense tone. The girl was not one to be bosses around by anyone and Liani had a surprising stubborn streak that not allot of people expected to find in her.

"No i won't get one i had thought about it but I won't live my life in fear like that...it wouldn't be any sort of life at all" she shrugged her shoulders at that but then realized what he had said "You have people watching me?" the young woman repeated perplexed...that made her feel slightly better but what worried her was she hadn't even noticed. Was she really that unaware?

Liani let out a short laugh "oooh i see so you keep around so you can spy on me and make sure i don't spill your secrets?" she teased lightly "How lovely" but the girl was smiling which showed she clearly wasn't annoyed by it, she knew she wouldn't break the confidentiality on these matter but she also knew Ryuu was far to paranoid for his own good. At least in her opinion and he seemed to think the worst in everybody. "Well i am glad i interest you Mr Ryuu, You interest me to you really are a very strange man" she quipped and she entirely meant it as a compliment.

@The Broken Mind

"Fancy powers" Kara scoffed at that her powers were far from fancy but she had learnt to make them work for her over the years. "and i don't think any of us can take bullets very well but believe me Dr hathom you have taken them better than most" the woman noted gravely remembering the real hits he had taken after that first attack she had been astonished to see him on his feet after that let alone working. His dedication really was to be admired.

The brunette was sipping her tea but smirked around the cup at what the man said next, She set the cup on the counter smirk still on her lips and let out a quiet laugh "Well I do not know if i would call her a good woman but she tries, and you have done far more to help her than you know, besides there is no such thing as being only human doctor. Human are a very magical thing all of their own powers or not" The guardian shook her head slightly. "you have done above and beyond enough Hathom and quite simply i would have been lost int his without you so here's hoping i won't always be so busy" the elite winked at the man with a grin. "and well its been rather useful having a handsome doctor around" she teased and finished off her tea.

As Hathom had taken himself off to shower Kara was already one step ahead and reheated the teapot that had just about enough left inside for two more cups. She had also finally discarded the towel that had been around her shoulders with her hair now thankfully just slightly damp.  Getting her feet  as Hathom emerged from where she had decided to sit down and rest her ribs kara grinned. "Sit, i've already heated the rest of the tea and you look like hell, when was the last time you actually slept?" she asked curious. Honestly it seemed like a while ago, the woman also made no secret of giving the doctor a look up and down from head to toe "hmm ya know i liked the whole white coat thing but this is a good look too" and with another smirk shot to the man she went to pour the tea. One thing kara certainly was not was shy and she never thought twice of speaking her mind, The doctor was a handsome man not many could really say otherwise.

Kara set the tea on the coffee table and sat down once more, she glanced over and inspected the bullet wounds "They've healed up pretty good, are you still in any pain?" she asked looking at the man, she was surprised he had healed so quickly but then he probably knew the best way to do just that considering his field of work.

@shadowz1995

***********ELSEWHERE**************************************

The group had gathered in one of the basement rooms that was no longer in use by the guild. The atmosphere was grave and full of tension. A man sat on the edge of a table in the middle of the group is arm wrapped around his torso and a look of anger etched deeply into his face. A voice boomed out over the silence and the man sat up a little straighter. "You let...her get away..." it stated tone blank. The man leaning on the table didn't respond. The voice went on, it's sound filling the room while making it hard to distinguish where it actually came from. "We have no idea...who she has in those files or what she knows...and now, now you tell me you cannot locate her. ANY OF YOU!" the room flinched at the increase in volume but still none spoke. "Pathetic. All of you. ha trained warriors...supposed to be fighting for our cause! our justice you are all weak" the voice hissed in anger. "This changes our plans. We are no longer covert..things have to be moved forward!" this brought on some unsure mumbling within the room and the man in the center finally looked up "You want us to jump it forward...we aren't prepared for that! we lost three people tonight alone...they have brought in extra guards already and we are still building our for-" his voice cut off and blood sprayed from the man's mouth soaking those around him. No one had moved and all stood staring in shock.

"Does anyone else have any issues?" The voice asked almost serene sounding now. The room was in dead silence as the man slowly bled to death on the floor...the rest of the group stood in stony silence less they should be next to reach that fate. "No? good then we proceed, Within the next week we go public, no more skulking in shadows and under pretense. It's time to let them know their guild has fallen and that more will fall with it. Those that comply may join us and those that don't will die. It's very simple. You know the rules try not to hurt non powers if you can our targets are exiles and those that fight against us.  " the voice was fading now as it left the room "But don't hesitate to kill anyone in your way" and with that suddenly the group was left alone, the body of a comrade on the floor, they all looked at each and soon smiled. There was a buzz of adrenaline and expectation in the air....it was finally happening.

(Alright then. Those private guards better come in handy lmao.)

The doctor chuckled as Kara eyed him and apparently liked what she saw. Even going as far as to verbally say so. 

"Keep looking at me like that and I'll start getting ideas." He teased back. As much as Hathom would like engage in such activities, there were multiple reasons why they shouldn't. Kara was rather badly injured, Hathom wasn't in the best condition either, they both needed to stay alert, and it wasn't the right time. Movies had a way of potraying a night such as this as a "Final night together" type of deal but Hathom hated it. He would make sure they both survived and lived to see where this could possibly go. 

They were both adults and both knew how to handle relationships. It could turn out quite fruitful.

Still, the non-powered human sat beside the Elite with gratefully took the second cup of tea. He sipped the steaming liquid and sighed but it was an exhausted one this time. 

"Been about....three? No...four days I think? Just in the chair of my office over at the hospital. I haven't had any time. I've only come home to shower. Been like this for a week already. Haven't even had a chance to shave." He remarked as he scratched the growing beard on his face. Hathom usually kept it at a nice, shadowy stubble rather than completely shaven. 

To answer Kara's second question, Hathom pulled up the tank top to examine the wounds himself. He had actually forgotten to do so in the shower. He gingerly traced the toned muscle around each individual bullet wound, assessing each one. He had healed rather well but the internal damage was still there and took longer to heal. He was about to give Kara the same line he gave all of his employees but then remembered who he was speaking to.

"They are healing quite well but the muscles take a longer time to heal. But you are right on one thing. I think I did take those bullets rather well. Didn't cry or anything." he joked. The doctor's shadowed eyes met Kara's for a moment and for that moment, Hathom felt rather irritated at the whole feud between the Elites and Exiles. Here he was, alone, with a beautiful woman in his home and couldn't do a damn thing about it. The man's internal struggle could be seen in his eyes for a moment before he shook his head and leaned back in his seat.

"Get some rest Kara. I'll keep an eye out for the night. What's one more night of staying up after all?" 

Hathom knew damn well he was getting sick from the injuries, overworking, and sleep deprivation. On top of all the stress from the war. His body was beginning to break down and he knew it. He even had to put eye drops in the bathroom because the relaxation in his muscles caused him to truly realize his own exhaustion. His eyes becoming horribly bloodshot as a result.

Still, Kara was able to handle everything that was thrown at her and much more. It was why he was attracted to her in the first place. He'd be damned if he couldn't show off some of that masculine charm to the only woman that's caught his attention in years

@Lola Shimmer

Liani pinned the man with a look when he stated she shouldn't press him "You may try and tell me what to do but that does not mean i shall do it. I am not a child Ryuu do not treat me like one i know you are used to people doing as you say or please, perhaps because they fear you or work for you or whatever. I am NOT one of these people and i shall do as I think, so you will just have to get used to it" she warned with a firm nod of her head and a no nonsense tone. The girl was not one to be bosses around by anyone and Liani had a surprising stubborn streak that not allot of people expected to find in her.

"No i won't get one i had thought about it but I won't live my life in fear like that...it wouldn't be any sort of life at all" she shrugged her shoulders at that but then realized what he had said "You have people watching me?" the young woman repeated perplexed...that made her feel slightly better but what worried her was she hadn't even noticed. Was she really that unaware?

Liani let out a short laugh "oooh i see so you keep around so you can spy on me and make sure i don't spill your secrets?" she teased lightly "How lovely" but the girl was smiling which showed she clearly wasn't annoyed by it, she knew she wouldn't break the confidentiality on these matter but she also knew Ryuu was far to paranoid for his own good. At least in her opinion and he seemed to think the worst in everybody. "Well i am glad i interest you Mr Ryuu, You interest me to you really are a very strange man" she quipped and she entirely meant it as a compliment.

"ENOUGH!" Ryuu boomed, the glass in the room shaking from his voice, some papers charred at the ends facing him as he put his foot down. "I can and will tell you what to do if it's necessary. Otherwise i will ask you."

As he calmed himself he nodded. "They dont watch you necessarily. Only monitor people who could be out to get you or those who are suspects." Ryuu calmly spoke. "Still. I have only females watching anything directly with you. Rather not have you creeped out though one of the girls has a girlfriend." he snorted at that comment. "Their both interesting. Shy and loud. Both are very good people though." Walking over towards his besk he extinguished the almost burning papers as he looked at Liani.

"Forgive me for losing my temper a bit. I cant have you thinking i'm treating you like my comrades and workers. However you must know i'll ask you not to if i can. Otherwise dont persist defying it. Once or twice is fine depending on the order." It was obvious the man was trying to feel sorry but he couldn't.

(don't worry brah they aren't attacking tonight just some foreshadowing for shit that will go down xD)

"On nooo not...ideas" the woman declared dramatically like he had just uttered the most worst words in the world. Kara laughed and leaned back on the cushions of the seat she sat in rather glad of their comfort. It had been a while since the elite was this banged up and she now remembered why she didn't let herself get that way. She was rubbish at dealing with pain. Taking a long slow sip of the tea the woman closed her eyes over and savored the taste. "You're gonna have to tell me what tea you get. this is great."

The woman shook her head when he gave her the details of his sleeping plan the past couple of days and gave the man a reproachful look. "And what would you say to one of your young Doctors if they told you they had been doing that. I imagine you wouldn't be to happy and say they shouldn't be looking after people if they are not looking after themselves. A sick doctor is a doctor that is no good Hatom, you must look after yourself" she warned and shook her head. "hmm dunno about that stubble though kind of makes you manly" she joked lightly. 

""Are you sure you didn't? i mean i'm pretty sure there was a tiny tear?" she teased but smiled though her own eyes clicked onto the doctors and her smile turned into a frown before a slight un-amused laugh as what she saw there. "Yeah...i know the feeling" she said simply and sipped her tea once more. This was kind of a shit on all sides situation. "you sleep. i doubt i will tonight. I've to much to think on besides im the one here who has slept in a bed in the last two days" she smiled at that though had been following the trace of his fingers over the wounds and having a look at them herself. "I am glad they are healing well" she added

@shadowz1995

The hair on the back of Lianis neck stood up when the man raised his voice but there was no fear in her face in fact if he looked over she shot from having a rather pleasant evening to flat out anger. It wasn't very often the timid young woman's anger was riled but when it was she wasn't shy about letting it known and she be damned if she was going to be yelled at OR bossed around.

The girl listened to him talk in silence and she shook her head at his 'apology'. When he was done she walked to the opposite side of the desk so she was facing him. in a few seconds both rings were whipped of her fingers and set onto the top. She stared the man right in the eye her face firm as though it were set in stone "I will say this only once Ryuu, no man not once has ever got away with shoutin at me or trying to give me orders not even my father so YOU listen good" she took a breath. "You will no order me about because i am not here to serve you! you may ask me to do thing certainly and if i wish to then i will..in fact i am a very nice person and often try to help people by doing what they ask when i can and it feel right but i won't be bossed around. Especially when you expect it so nonchalantly" 

Shaking her head she took a step back from the desk. "So like i said i will only tell you it once, you wither treat me like an equal, stop trying to boss me about and don't ever shout at me like that again! or you can keep those rings. And ll your promises that come with them. And you can never talk to me again and i will leave you alone to. I don't want to but i will." she said firmly "so you pick because not everyone you meet is gonna be scared of you or jump to your orders and scramble to do as you say and i certainly wont." She crossed her arms over her chest not sure what his answer would be but her heart hammered nervous about it. she watched the man careful wondering what sort of reaction she would get. She knew from the moment she met Ryuu he was not used at being told what to do let alone be defied or given ultimatums but she would not be around someone who thought they could trat her like that.

@The Broken Mind

he hair on the back of Lianis neck stood up when the man raised his voice but there was no fear in her face in fact if he looked over she shot from having a rather pleasant evening to flat out anger. It wasn't very often the timid young woman's anger was riled but when it was she wasn't shy about letting it known and she be damned if she was going to be yelled at OR bossed around.

The girl listened to him talk in silence and she shook her head at his 'apology'. When he was done she walked to the opposite side of the desk so she was facing him. in a few seconds both rings were whipped of her fingers and set onto the top. She stared the man right in the eye her face firm as though it were set in stone "I will say this only once Ryuu, no man not once has ever got away with shoutin at me or trying to give me orders not even my father so YOU listen good" she took a breath. "You will no order me about because i am not here to serve you! you may ask me to do thing certainly and if i wish to then i will..in fact i am a very nice person and often try to help people by doing what they ask when i can and it feel right but i won't be bossed around. Especially when you expect it so nonchalantly" 

Shaking her head she took a step back from the desk. "So like i said i will only tell you it once, you wither treat me like an equal, stop trying to boss me about and don't ever shout at me like that again! or you can keep those rings. And ll your promises that come with them. And you can never talk to me again and i will leave you alone to. I don't want to but i will." she said firmly "so you pick because not everyone you meet is gonna be scared of you or jump to your orders and scramble to do as you say and i certainly wont." She crossed her arms over her chest not sure what his answer would be but her heart hammered nervous about it. she watched the man careful wondering what sort of reaction she would get. She knew from the moment she met Ryuu he was not used at being told what to do let alone be defied or given ultimatums but she would not be around someone who thought they could trat her like that.

The air got cold. His sphere of heat kept in his room went out. "You think it'll be enough to actually boss me as you have and just walk? Be happy i cant hurt you without my own sense of wrong. It was pleasant knowing you Miss Liani Trance." He gave her a cold stare with fuming eyes. 

"I hoped you'd understand i told you what to do firmly for a reason. So you don't end up hurt. But to actually threaten me with leaving when you really don't wish it? Pity i would give but it seems you can do fine without it." Walking around the desk he heated the rings again, reaching by her. His skin and a few inches by it were scorching. As he rose he didn't dare look at her.

'She must learn her mistake. Reflect her words.' He told himself as he walked off, towards the door. Keeping his anger to his tensed muscles for now. "You still wish goodbye so i give you it. Have a good time Miss Liani. It was nice knowing you and i'm appriciative of you showing how far you can be pushed." He gave a backwards wave from a raised hand and opened his office door, walking out as he closed it behind him, leaving the girl alone. 

~_~Minutes Later

Ryuu walked outside briskly. Still controlling himself He looked at a nervous Cryon then a neutral Califa. He knew she was pleased. Liani had left, her compitition gone.

As he walked down the sidewalk his companions walked back, his heat becoming more outwards. It rolled off of him as he went to the abandoned building he used for target practices. Once inside he motioned for them to stay outside. Looking at cracks within the wall he let out a angered yell, the cracks widening up the wall in the shape of a tree. He left it burning. If it collapsed it was abandoned. No real harm would occur.

As he was illuminated by the flames he sighed, untensing. He almost lit her aflame. It took quite a lot of effort not too. Probably fried his towers again. She wasn't the first to get him angry but the way she had wasn't easily done. His heart seemed to skip in anger, mind blanking as he fought against it. Not to light her up. But he was calmer now. Stepping back outside Califa looked at him.

"Better?" She questioned. He nodded. "Good. We couldn't particularly explain an explosion in the tower right now. Murderer now an explosion? It wouldn't make sense. Not to mention our stocks dropping."

Cryon sighed. "You must have hurt her Ryuu. What a player. Oh well! If she don't take the metal i'll form a new axe!" The russian said gleefully. "That fine Ryuu?"

"No. I'd like to keep the rings. I'll get you new metal soon. Sound alright? You both can go now. I'm going to just... I'll just sit here. Make sure this building doesn't catch others on fire." With that, Ryuu leaned against the bricks, crossing his legs. Califa unfolded her wings and flew off with Cryon screaming at the sudden departure while she cursed at him to hush up leaving Ryuu alone, smoke leaking from his nostrils as his heat came back around him to normality.

"Yes, you are right Ms. Kara. But those young doctors aren't me. Working under exhaustion and sleep deprivation is nothing new to this doctor."

"But you aren't wrong. The load is too much this time around. Still, if I don't who will. No one in the hospital knows about the Evolved. I treat those patients personally for a reason. So the secret doesn't get out somehow. It's a matter of who else could do it without risking exposure?"

"If you find someone, I'll hire them right away." He joked before letting his head lull back into the sofa. His eyes were already starting to feel heavy though he showed no external signs of it. 

The doctor chuckled at the manliness remark and shook his head but offered no comment on it. 

"Well, you right after a shower look very tempting. Alluring even. More so than usual." Hathom said with a smile before suddenly coughing a few times and falling back into the sofa. Yep, he was getting sick. Lovely.

"I buy the ingredients for the tea then make it myself here. Tastes much better when its homeade. Like lemonade."

Hathom eyed the Elite woman sitting beside him before nodding towards the hallway behind them. "Down the hall, make a right, second door on the left. Bedroom is there. I'lI stay here. Get some sleep tigress. You're going to need it."

@Lola Shimmer

"Well why not you do it to everyone else!" Liani had snapped back when he asked if she thought it enough to boss him and just walk. "Well then you should tell people the reason instead of expecting them to follow you blindly." she said firmly but her heart had begun to sink in her chest and her stomach twisted uncomfrotably. She had expected him to be angry but perhaos just not quite as angry as he was right now...and even that he didn't seem all to concerned whether she left or not and when he walked past her and headed for the door her heart sank right along tot he floor. Her mouth gaped open ever so slightly but no sound came out and she watched as the man just walked out without so much as a backward glance. 

He was so...so so annoyingly detached. The girl had stared at the door for a good few moments after he left and she felt the odd sting at her eye before she realized it was threatening tears..she was upset? she was surprised at how hard it hit her and she had slowly sunk into her chair again. she glanced over at the rings on the table and back to the door. She sat like that for sometime thinking. Perhaps she had pushed it to far..she didn't know but then so had he she decided. This was frustrating and upsetting. She had got up and walked to the door and back to the desk and over again many times and each time she had found it very hard to open the door and leave as if there was something in her way stopping her from doing so. 

After a while she had given up and sat back in her seat playing with the smaller ring in her hands her head hung. She decided to wait like the failure she was at carrying out even her own threat...heck for all she knew he would have her removed when he returned and she was still here. For all she knew he may not return tonight at all she didn't know but none the less she waited anyways to find out. 

@The Broken Mind

"Ah yes of course they are not you, you are one of a kind aren't you? Invincible as it were hmm impervious to sleep deprivation but of course..." The woman stated sarcasm very clearly dripping over each and everyone of her words. She fixed the doctor with a stern look before she just smiled and finished of the last of her tea setting the cup on the table. 

The woman's features became tensed in worry "I didn't realize it was that severe..." she murmured surprised. She hadn't been aware that hathom was the only one treating the elites, she sighed cursing herself she should have looked into that sooner...the guild had some of it's own doctors...they no she should have had some sent over but with the war going on so many of them had been called to the front lines. "I will see what i can do as soon as possible, It shouldn't all fall to you"
Kara could tell the Doctor was tired but he was a bit like herself and would carry on doing as much as he could until he could no longer function and only then would he even consider stopping. Kara laughed at the man's next comment and even more so when he started to cough "Oh my is the mere thought stealing your breath away?" she asked joking "I mist say you do suit the white coat...but this is good too and well alluring was definitely was i was aiming for in over sized men's clothes" The woman laughed again oddly glad to have some sort of humor in this dark situation. 

"Well it is very nice tea" she commented once more her head titled on the back of the couch now and eyes slightly closed glad to rest for just a moment though she knew sleep would elude her for the night or at the least most of it. "I am not taking your bed when you have only slept on a chair in days Hathom..i will be fine here" her tone was no nonsense and made certain she refused to be shifted. She smirked slightly at the nick name "we are both going to need it" Something about that made the woman erupt in a short laugh "What a pair we are indeed to be taking on war, corruption , murder and god's know's what else" she snickered and looked at the man the both of them badly beat up and on the eve of exhaustion the smile stayed on her face as she thought on that before she stretched her arms as much as her ribs would allow and proceeded to place her legs upon the sofa and draped over the Doctor since he himself seemed determined he was not moving either. "If you are going to sit there you may as well be useful and be a foot rest

@shadowz1995

"Well why not you do it to everyone else!" Liani had snapped back when he asked if she thought it enough to boss him and just walk. "Well then you should tell people the reason instead of expecting them to follow you blindly." she said firmly but her heart had begun to sink in her chest and her stomach twisted uncomfrotably. She had expected him to be angry but perhaos just not quite as angry as he was right now...and even that he didn't seem all to concerned whether she left or not and when he walked past her and headed for the door her heart sank right along tot he floor. Her mouth gaped open ever so slightly but no sound came out and she watched as the man just walked out without so much as a backward glance. 

He was so...so so annoyingly detached. The girl had stared at the door for a good few moments after he left and she felt the odd sting at her eye before she realized it was threatening tears..she was upset? she was surprised at how hard it hit her and she had slowly sunk into her chair again. she glanced over at the rings on the table and back to the door. She sat like that for sometime thinking. Perhaps she had pushed it to far..she didn't know but then so had he she decided. This was frustrating and upsetting. She had got up and walked to the door and back to the desk and over again many times and each time she had found it very hard to open the door and leave as if there was something in her way stopping her from doing so. 

After a while she had given up and sat back in her seat playing with the smaller ring in her hands her head hung. She decided to wait like the failure she was at carrying out even her own threat...heck for all she knew he would have her removed when he returned and she was still here. For all she knew he may not return tonight at all she didn't know but none the less she waited anyways to find out. 

@The Broken Mind

Ryuu awoke to the sound of rain hitting the building he resided in. He hadn't a clue how long he slept nor did he care. Pushing off of the wall he started heading back to the training facility.

When he arrived he opened the door and was greeted by a just leaving Sluice. Both spoke before they parted. Ryuu felt his heart was heavily weighing in his chest but it normally did in the rain. Heating up so he wasn't wet the man continued on after grabbing the loose things the sand man forgot.

While outside he subconsciously went to the cafe. His mind must have needed a Cappuccino to ease up the fact he hated doing what he'd done. It wasn't so much that she was gone moreso on the opportunity missed. Liani was someone who could have been the only one to make him feel something different, not to mention she had seen and been told things that must be kept a secret. 

Standing by the door to the Cafe, smoke trailed lazily from his nostrills. If it didn't open he'd wait until it did. Kara had to be aware of things as did that doctor. Sluice told him some Exiles bribed Guardians to look away when more of them came through. But the guardian didn't take a single bribe, just let em through. So Ryuu Okobani would wait by the Cafe until it opened then discussed what he needed to before he went off the radar again for awhile.

"Oh spare me the sarcasm." The doctor retorted with a laugh. She was right but so was he. There was no one else but him. After a few moments of consideration, Kara even offered to send doctors from the guild to assist him in taking care of Elites and to that Hathom still had to shake his head.

As much as he wanted the help, his previous statement had been a joke, "That sounds amazing Kara. But that's all, It only sounds. We can't trust anyone in the guild and even if you do, I don't. No offense, of course." 

Hathom chuckled at her jokes and honestly felt the same way she did. He was grateful for the chance to laugh a bit despite the impending doom that this war was spelling for everyone, Elite and Human alike. It wasn't a very comforting thought but small moments like these help keep morale up. Morale, in Hathom's experience, can mean the difference between life and death. He had seen too many people, too many patients die simply because they gave up. Using excuses such as "God's plan" or "Destiny". While he couldn't say anything officially, he truly hated that manner of thinking. In his eyes, it was just giving up. He knew that if it was someone he loved, he would want them to fight every step of the way. He would do the same after all. He proved it during the shooting at Kara's bar. He refused to simply lay down and die. 

"Well, If I was going to be the partner of someone through a possibly apocalyptic war between powered and non-powered humans, then I can think of no other person I would rather fight and die next to. Suppose you can take some pride in that. Coming from the infamous "Loner Long" Hahaha!" His old nickname in high school. After he lost his parents, he kept to himself and pushed himself harder than ever. In doing so, he never made any friends and he still doesn't believe he needed them. Look at where he was today after all. He didn't need anyone for that. But now he finds himself against the world and with just one attractive Elite woman as his only sanctuary and ally.

Said woman decided to stretch out like a feline and drape her legs lazily over his own, which brought a smile to the doctor's face. "I guess we are both sleeping on the couch or on the bed because I'm not budging either." Hathom gently placed his hands on Kara's feet and began threading his fingers into them. Years of practice with physical therapy graced his fingers with powers that could put any Elite to shame. Massages were usually pleasurable but Hathom was in a league of his own....or at least that's what his patients told him.

@Lola Shimmer

"I shan't spare the sarcasm. It is all i know" Kara said matter of factly and neither she would anyways it was far to much fun. "..oh yeah.." she added in a disappointing tone when the Doctor happened to point out that they couldn't exactly trust the guild right now. She had slightly forgotten that tiny issue for a moment. 

The woman had gotten herself rather comfortable and closed her eyes over to help herself think and with any luck she might even manage to catch a few hours sleep. Come tomorrow there was going to be allot to do and she was not even sure where she ought to start from but eh she would figure it out. "Wait?.." her eyes sprung open and the woman laughed "Loner long? oh dear lord" she giggled "Ya know what i am NOT even gonna make a comment on that.nope.  I won't" but she was still shaking with laughter all manner of joked running through her mind about that nickname however she did keep them to herself considering that all this laughing was playing havoc with her injuries. She would only laugh harder if she spoke.

A few moments later her laughter had finally calmed down and she just snickered to herself muttering loner long but any hopes of being able to think or worry about not sleeping soon melted away when the doctor began to work magic with his fingers. The woman felt like she practically melted and it actually only took afew moments until the elite who was far more tired than she realized was out cold.

@shadowz1995

Liani had been so determined that she was going to sit up and wait for Ryuu to come back but as more time went on she started to doubt if he were coming back at all. The cold dread had settled in her stomach for the night it seemed and her eyes ached from watching the door. She had finished her glass of water a while ago and still he had not gotten back. Her jacket was off and draped over the chair now and she had walked around the office afew times. The view from the window was a welcome distraction and yet still time felt like it dragged on. 

After a while she had taken to sitting on the chair again and she wasn't really sure hoe much time had passed but her eyes got heavier and before the young girl knew it they had started to drift closed. The young woman soon fell asleep in the chair waiting the ring still clutched in her hands.

@The Broken Mind

(next day?)

*****************************NEXT DAY*************************************

Tate walked down the street at the same time he did every morning a slight whistle in his voice and his keys jangling in his hands. When he finally reached the door to which he was getting read to unlock he stared at the man waiting there and raised an eyebrow. "Young man either you are dangerously addicted to our coffee or you have had a rough night" the man said simply and shook his head opening the business, He was glad to be back to his routine and even more glad that he could ease up some of the pressure he knew had been on Kara's shoulder's this past little while. The older man didn't like leaving so much on his daughters shoulders. The door opened easily and the man walked on inside. 

----

Liani had moved to the couch within the office and she wasn't sure what time she had woken up in the chair stiff with the shape she had fell asleep in. her back ached and her vision was blurry with sleep...she had moved in the darkness until her hands had found the couch before promptly collapsing on it. She was surprised that no one had been in Ryuu's office to check on it but then she supposed perhaps no one was allowed in it. 

Anyways it was early morning and she was still on the couch, fast asleep with her jacket draped over her as a blanket. Coral colored hair spilled over her face hiding it from view, The young woman was curled up into a tight ball ignorant of the world and both her rings placed back onto each of her fingers where they belonged.

@The Broken Mind

----------------

Kara had woken as the sun started to creep through the windows, The elite had been acutely aware of the pain in her ribs the moment she woke. Perhaps the couch had not been the best place to fall asleep, especially when sharing it with another person. The woman had sat silently for a moment watching the Doctor sleep and looking relaxed for once. Finally she had moved as quietly and gently as she could so as not to wake the man. After all he had said he'd barely slept in the past couple of days.

The woman had tip toed her way into the kitchen before just staring at the cupboards blankly...she had no idea where anything was...and well she didn't want to mess it up however she was also absolutely starving and in need of a cup of coffee. Kara put her hands on her hips thinking for a second before she just gave up and started rifling through them all. Eventually she found what she was looking for, had coffee on the go and even some bacon in a pan...though she didn't even know if Hathom ate bacon?  eh if he didn't then tough it just mean more for her. The brunette smirked at that. 

@shadowz1995

Users who are viewing this thread