Main Rp Area

"No, It's better to be precise then to be vauge so anything conveyed is more exact to what you want." Ryuu stated, standing as she paced about. "And your first question no i haven't. Your second question is again, a no. Not counting before i can remember of course." Both no answers had stories if only asked.

Her last question made Ryuu halt, intaking air suddenly. "I do good already." The man started. I cause fear and violence to unneeded opposition and give the people a nice hurdle to jump in a sense." He formed random lines of fire around himself. "Most everyone wants to do better as do i... I needn't change as my motives are mine. Mine alone." Ryuu looked at the lines, stopping a foot and seven inches from Liani.

"I have a question for you to ask me."  He nodded his head downwards, the fire shifting to show words saying ,Ask my wants no one really knows. You way get the answers you seem to want, Staring at Liani, Ryuu's eyes seemed softer but not very as his body wouldn't alow it. Nor would his silent voice within his subconscious.

"Doing less bad does not mean you are doing good, causing fear and violence isn't good no matter what way you look at it or because you think it is simply because it in your opinion gives them a hurdle to jump. You talk in riddles and i don't like it" Liani sighed having asked her questions she wanted to ask and honestly she had hoped for better answers but they way in which Ryuu answered a question made you wonder if you ever really got an answer at all. That was what had disapointed her most she had asked those questions not only to see if he would answer them but to see how he would. if he would be open and he had been anything but. The frustration was clear on the young woman's face but she said nothing. 

As he kept talking and began to mess with this fire thing of his which still left her utterly perplexed. Liani had stopped pacing at this point and she watched the flames that licked at the air before finally settling into words. She glanced at them and then over at the man "Well you have already asked it yourself so you may as well answer it" she pointed out and sat cross legged once more on the cold road. Her head was starting to hurt a little and she was somewhat dizzy

@The Broken Mind

Ryuu watched her sit down as he swiped his hand away, the fire vanishing. "I want many things... I'll tell you a few of them." The man walked away a few steps before he spun around. "Hope this'll clear things up a bit."

With that, Ryuu took a deep breath, exhaling smoke like an exhaust from a car. "I want to be able to show my true power to someone, Control my hidden one like i do these flames." He made a butterfly of flames, letting it fly before he made a fist, the flames vanishing with a subtle ,Whumph,.

"I wish i could become more like everyone else. Less cryptic so to say. I also want to prove i'm worthy of being in many people's presence. Especially your presence Miss Liani..." The young man looked away.

"I want to overthrow the current government of the Heros as well." The heat rose a bit. "They  use everyone else as their pawns to do good while they become known and condemn the supposedly bad people. I want..." He paused, looking at Liani with a deathly stare. "I need to show them what they've done to thousands of people. These scars on me mean nothing for the simple fact of their unfortunate rule. If us exiles were gone like they pledge, they actually wouldn't be needed!"

Ryuu's mouth grinned. "I've know this for awhile. When they want more heros, more exiles are branded for petty crimes and when there are too many heros they suddenly start dying. Natural plauges? Something tells me one of the grand-masters caused them. But they still live on." Ryuu growled as he walked away again.

"If i get the chance i'll get them off their podiums, to actually fight. I hope i can take their places or knock a few of them around before i depart." The heat dropped. "My Exilement was fair but many of them weren't and aren't. I have said all too much as is."

Ryuu looked at Liani. "If i hear you told that guardian Katara or whatever, for your sake you better let her know she has to talk to me before anyone else. Without my side, she's just like a gossiper. False information implanted within her mind by herself that spreads like a weed, choking everything that isn't a weed as it grasps for the sunlight... Until it's burned."

Ryuu started to walk away after that. 'I told her my wish no one knows and she's only a human! But... I can't kill her. Thinking about it makes me feel like i want to smite something to miniscule ashes.' He thought, sighing as he continued on his way. 'Forgive me for dragging you into this Liani. I am truly sorry for giving you my own burden to carry...'

(Liani can still interact with him possibly! And his actual wish? Think about the final line a bit... =3)

***THREE WEEKS HAVE PASSED*****

It had been three weeks since the first incident now and it seemed like that was the catalyst for it all, the tip of the iceberg. Attacks had been coming thick and fast since then. At least two a week that Kara knew off, if not more. These were only known because they were reported to the guild. Someone had been attacking elites, but not just any elites the exiles. It was like they were dealing out there own sense of justice. Some that had been exiled peacefully for years were being attacked, afew even killed. It really was a sad state of affairs and Kara had lost count how many times in the past weeks that she has been thankful for the fact they had Hathoms hospital nearby that could deal with their own kind of people as well as human. Though as of yet there had been no fatal human casualties, None that they could link anyways. There had been witnesses but all simply had blank spaces were the memories ought to be which meant a mind melder had gotten to them before she had. This was organized and organized wellt he fact that they had someone like a mind melder meant this group was all talented. If they weren't then they would have no need of someone who could wipe human memories. It troubled her deeply.

Since her discussion with Hathom Kara had flung herself into the case, she had called for some warriors that worked in larger guilds nearby to be sent over and help guard the town lines. Not only did they have this issue to deal with but the war was coming closer and closer to there borders and the last thing the young guardian needed was the two crossing over. She would never find the culrpit if that happened. Thankfully her father had returned to his work which meant she was free from carrying out his duties as well as her own. Kara had been able to investiagte the attacks more and even go on patrol's of the town. The guild master had been in discussion with the town mayor and a curfew had been agreed, people were told they weren't to be out after dark under the false pretense of a dangerous mugger being loose but it made her job allot easier of keeping the town people safe and lowered the risk of the guild being discovered if they were drawn into these attacks. Having dug up quite afew files it had become apparent that all the exiles that had been attacked so far had been cast out by her guild, Kara had discovered that two weeks ago and had an ill feeling since then because it meant someone had access to the same information she did.

It was two days ago that the plot thickened and her already fragile trust within the guild faltered all the more, she had started using her mother's office since the paperwork simply became carnage in her bedroom. In on of the locked drawers she had found files of information very similar to her own...except these had names of possible suspects...suspects that were guardians. It had knocked the wind out of her at first and she had been angry and sure that it had t be wrong but the more she thought on it the more it slipped into place, The accuracy of the attacks was clearly by trained fighters, they access to the information and they knew who they were targeting and they clearly knew the town because they kept evading capture. For two days she had wrestled with it before accepting it..and yet she could not take it to the guild for she didn't know how deep it ran..or what it was all even about to begin with.

That brought her to today, her mind was still whirling at what it meant. Had the guild betrayed its own people and own laws? why were these individuals attacking people who had already been dealt justice...and just when had her mother suspected it all. There was a darker thought lurking at the back of her mind but she refused to consult it just now, she hadn't even taken any of this to her father with fear that she was being completely insane. Kara waited until nightfall before she made her preparations to leave the house, she was sure she was being watched for the past week or so. She supposed she had been asking to many questions but if they thought trying to spook her would made her stop they were very wrong. It just meant she was on the right track. None the less she needed to have an outsider look at these files...someone who wasn't so heavily involved with the guild which was why she had decided she would go to the hospital and see if she could leave them with hathom. 

Retrieving her staff that was in its smaller form she held it loosely in her hand and flung a bag over her shoulder, as Kara walked out the door she pursed her lips and let out a shrill, short whistle. Continuing to walk afew moments later a large grey wolf like animal emerged from the woods followed by a snow white one. Each trotted to her side and she smiled laying a ahnd on each ones head and breathing deeply. Being near animals always gave her comfort but these two all the more so, she had found them abandoned as cubs and with her gift in communicating with animals she had been able to raise them as her own. They were now her most loyal companions and fierce fighters. A simple look was all that was needed between them to know what the other was thinking. For all purposes she was their mother and pack leader. With the curfew in full effect she began her walk down the street, lurking on the shadows here and there were warriors that made sure all those sleeping in their homes slept safe. ~Kara

Against her finer judgement after what had happened the day she had been released from hospital Liani had continued to interact with Ryuu. Her stomach had twisted wrong when she had seen what he displayed with the fire it was nothing like she had ever seen and thought possible...and well after the argument/conversation they had, had it was clear he was a very dangerous individual. Yet still she had refused to give up. Her head was now fully healed and she no longer got dizzy or light headed which was nice, it had been a stressful few weeks. Not just from adjusting to the new information she had learned but she had allot of exams to complete and the girl always was one to study to near exhaustion. Her conversation with Ryuu had made her awfully curious though and she had often found herself straying from her studies to carry out research on any sort of clues that people like him had turned up through history.

She had tried broaching the subject with Kara once but was abruptly shut down and told she was all the safer for not knowing and that if she had any sense she would stay away from Ryuu as well. She could tell Kara was far from happy with the fact Liani was anywhere involved in this world at all least of all with Ryuu. She knew the curfew was a lie and it was nothing to do with a mugger, she didn't know the real reason for it though and she dared not as Kara again besides she barely saw her she seemed to be busy most days. The coral haired teen and sailed through her exams of course and was now at a loss of what to do with all her time. She worked more which was good for money and of course honing her cappuccino making skills but still her curiosity would not be quenched and more and more she found herself doing research. She had even found afew sites of people describing things they had seen but she didn't know how reliable they were. But she was hooked, she was determined to try and mark this evolution of man to track it. 

However tonight was not a night for research, Her eyes hurt from staring at the screen so much and it was only getting her so far anyways. Turning the pristine envelope over and over in her fingers she stared a the letters pressed onto the surface...he had promised her a guided tour...and she might be able to ask some questions and learn some more. Liani bit her lip, it was after curfew technically she shouldn't be going out but...at the same time it really wasn't going out if you were just leaving the inside of one building to go inside another right? besides she had no qualms that Ryuu wouldn't think twice about breaking such a small rule. The girl grabbed her cell phone and tapped his number in. What had it been a week or so since he was last in for a hot drink? she suddenly felt a little nervous. She hoped he wouldn't mind her calling...oh well it was to late now the phone was ringing. ~Liani

@The Broken Mind

@shadowz1995

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryuu had been busy within the three weeks for sure. Finding out some in his ranks had went for the war made him track them down and personally cut their cord. One had been in Hathom's hospital so Ryuu walked in during the night unapposed. He had lit the woman's failing lungs on fire and jumped from the window without a care if he'd been caught. His people, his responsibility.

The young man's group had also been going on patrols. Training. War was in their eyes and unlike the people waiting, his group was ready to dominate anyone opposing them. Califa had  killed a patrol when they shot at her thinking she was a pigeon. Cryon had smashed someone's skull in for sexually harrasing a comrade. Ryuu?

Ryuu had been sparring with Cryon's metal men he controlled. Things had him working hard even if they were literal trash bins. The man had been busy commanding things behind the scenes too.

Falcon had air patrols with Califa while Jimmy and Timmy, (two basically humans who were mad mechanical) had been making traps around the office and town. Of course, all of this work wasn't easy.

Heckler, Jasua, Barry, handva and Cumin had perished suddenly during a large patrol which seemed fishy. Ryuu had suspected they fled or staged it. They'd found Jasua and Cumin holding hands as they passed on. When he got the report, Ryuu shook his head, marking the needed down.

Ryuu had also stopped into the cafe a week ago. Kara was out and Liani on break so he'd departed, cursing his luck with Cryon laughing. And currently?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ryuu backflipped over a Metal man he'd just lit up. As it stood he growled, hearing his partner laughing. "Hush it!" Ryuu called, getting kicked in his abdomen, sliding back. Man Cryon's metal men were bastards to spar with.

Dodging a punch, the man clocked the thing against it's face, fire exploading as it flew off with an almighty crash as it landed. "Ryuu. Phone!" Sluice called out, tossing the phone Ryuu's way. 

Answering it, Ryuu said "one moment please. Sluice! Get down there! I want you to go against Sarah. Bring two sandbags with you. Sarah? Good, you already know." Ryuu exhaled. "Sorry about that. It's late so if i may ask, who's calling and for what purpose? Also, why so late at night?" He questioned, looking at the battle below. He nodded when it became a melee battle for a few seconds then breaking. Whomever called was someone who had a personal invitation from him no doubt. Question was, Who?

@Lola Shimmer @Shadowz1995

Liani drummed her fingers lazily on her leg while the phone rung in her ear. She hummed softly under her breath as she waited for someone to pick up, and when they finally did she almost jumped especially when she was told to wait a moment that was followed by yelling. Liani bit her lip immediately regretting her decision...he was clearly busy this had been a terrible idea. She slapped her hand onto her forehead and sighed softly but she couldn't just hang up so she waited until he came back to the phone. "I..um it's me" she stated and then realized that may not be very helpful. "I mean it's Liani" she laughed a little to herself embarrassed.

When Ryuu commented on the time her eyes widened and she quickly looked to her watch, she hadn't actually checked the time had she and her eyes almost bulged when she seen it. "OH" she exclaimed. Liani knew it was dark and that it was a bit later but her watch told her it was after 9 almost 10..She hadn't thought it was just that late. "Oh ryuu, I d-didn't realize it was quite so late" she admitted and fiddled with her envelopes in her hand. "I'm so sorry, it doesn't matter i uhh heh...well i just found that envelope you gave me in the hospital." Liani admitted sheepishly and bit her lip "I was just wondering...but you sound busy. I shouldn't have called i'll umm i'll let you get back to it. Sorry again" she rushed out.

@The Broken Mind 

Liani drummed her fingers lazily on her leg while the phone rung in her ear. She hummed softly under her breath as she waited for someone to pick up, and when they finally did she almost jumped especially when she was told to wait a moment that was followed by yelling. Liani bit her lip immediately regretting her decision...he was clearly busy this had been a terrible idea. She slapped her hand onto her forehead and sighed softly but she couldn't just hang up so she waited until he came back to the phone. "I..um it's me" she stated and then realized that may not be very helpful. "I mean it's Liani" she laughed a little to herself embarrassed.

When Ryuu commented on the time her eyes widened and she quickly looked to her watch, she hadn't actually checked the time had she and her eyes almost bulged when she seen it. "OH" she exclaimed. Liani knew it was dark and that it was a bit later but her watch told her it was after 9 almost 10..She hadn't thought it was just that late. "Oh ryuu, I d-didn't realize it was quite so late" she admitted and fiddled with her envelopes in her hand. "I'm so sorry, it doesn't matter i uhh heh...well i just found that envelope you gave me in the hospital." Liani admitted sheepishly and bit her lip "I was just wondering...but you sound busy. I shouldn't have called i'll umm i'll let you get back to it. Sorry again" she rushed out.

@The Broken Mind 

Ryuu sighed. "Miss Liani it's perfectly alright. The envelope gives you rights to call for almost anything reguardless of time. I unfortunately have had" Ryuu got cut off as a loud crash was heard. He'd saw the metal as it crashed onto the floor.

Pushing his hair out of his right eye he turned to Cryon, snorting. "Cryon why did you throw that at me eh? You knew it wasn't going to hit me didn't you? [Laughter and a unknown voice that isn't too audible is heard over the phone] Whatever. Just assess them. I'll be ready again soon." The man sighed deeply. "Sorry. My partner decided to test my reflexes on the phone. As i was saying, I've had some unwanted calls recently reguarding things you've not to worry about. I'm assuming you'd like a tour and another chance to ask questions correct? If so, when?" Wind could be heard suddenly as could the sound of water splashing. "If you'd want one now i'll give one. Whenever you'd want just say. That envelope means you can call whenever you need for most any reason." Ryuu said in a tone that sounded seductive though it was basically his regular tone.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Still i should have called at a more reasonable time" The girl admitted feeling bad now at having interrupted. Hearing the noise on the other end of the phone her ears twitched and she was dying to ask just what he was up to but she didn't want to seem nosey and therefore didn't bother. "Do i even wish to know why he was feeling the need to test your reflexes?" liani stated sounding a little amused but the girl shook her head to herself. No doubt a fight of some sort she imagined, it was the only thing that made sense of course. "Ah yes..it was for a tour but i umm well like i said if it's a bad time and well with the curfew I don't want to get you in trouble." her voice trailed of at that. He was unlikely to care about trouble but still it was rude to assume.

Liani smiled faintly when he said he would give her one now if she wished and she laughed quietly into the phone. "I, well yes" she finally stated, that was why she was calling. Her cheeks went a little pink at his tone but she discounted it as brain fever from being inside for basically the past week.  "Honestly i need to get out of the house it would be much appreciated, I think i might be getting cabin fever" she joked lightly and got to her feet walking around the room with the phone on her hand. "Like i said only if it isn't to much trouble. The curiosity of all this has been keeping me awake"

@The Broken Mind

Ryuu looked at Cryon, shaking his head. "I'll be there shortly. Cryon. Come if you choose, if not continue as command for the sparring. Remember we've got a patrol after i do this tour that's been requested. See you soon miss Liani." He said as he hung up.

Cryon was Russian, beard and stature. Clapping Ryuu on the shoulder he grinned. "I'll be meeting you at the office comrade. Don't keep me or i'll get Califa after you." The guy stated before walking off. 

"Sluice. You're in charge. Patrol at twelve fourty seven and try not to be killed alright?" Ryuu stated as he put on his normal black leather jacket and his gloves. Smoke trailed from his nose as he walked outside. Curfew? It was honestly a joke but a good enough tactic to keep good or scared people safe in a way. Ryuu felt the wind rush past his face and he knew he was falling.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A guard had indeed shot at him as he turned onto Liani's street and had paid his due by being knocked onto the pavement and made to look like a drunkard in the ally. He'd almost been hit but it was a show. That Kara girl would hear about it for sure. 

When he got to the house he blew a whisp of smoke, knocking four times as he waited. Was it winter? Or summer? Ryuu couldn't particularly care. She wanted a tour, She'd get one. "I hope the gunshots didn't scare her too badly. If so, it's herself to blame for not assuming it was me." The man stated, blowing another gray whisp into the night.

Liani didn't really get a change to respond before the phone was hung up, She sat for about a second before jumping to her feet with a grin "Yes" she muttered to herself happily before promptly realizing she had neither shes on nor brushed her hair all day. "Oh heck!" her eyes widened and she made a dash quickly into her bedroom, One hand grabbed her brush that was hastily pulled through her hair while the other snatched up shoes. She realized ti late now that maybe she should have gotten changed she wasn't exactly dressed smartly. Her outfit was a simple one of light colored jeans, sneakers and a long sleeved top.

Liani froze mid step into a shoe when she heard the gunshots and cautiously made her way over to the window. Slowly pulling the curtain aside she peaked outside but seeing as nothing was on fire and there were no bodies she supposed her lift had arrived. This was confirmed when she heard the knock on the door. "I'm coming!"  she called quickly shoving her foot into another shoe. The coral haired female snagged a jacket on her way to the door but paused by the mirrior. 

Liani pulled a face at herself in the mirror and sighed, she wasn't one for make up therefore she had none on, Rubbing the back of her neck she titled her head to the side...should she have changed? she looked back towards her room...wait why was she worrying? Liani frowned at herself and shook her head..it wasn't like it mattered right. What would Ryuu care...why did she care? she shrugged into her jacket frowning again before she finally reached the door and pulled it open. "Hey" she smiled in greeting "Sorry to keep you waiting"

@The Broken Mind

Liani didn't really get a change to respond before the phone was hung up, She sat for about a second before jumping to her feet with a grin "Yes" she muttered to herself happily before promptly realizing she had neither shes on nor brushed her hair all day. "Oh heck!" her eyes widened and she made a dash quickly into her bedroom, One hand grabbed her brush that was hastily pulled through her hair while the other snatched up shoes. She realized ti late now that maybe she should have gotten changed she wasn't exactly dressed smartly. Her outfit was a simple one of light colored jeans, sneakers and a long sleeved top.

Liani froze mid step into a shoe when she heard the gunshots and cautiously made her way over to the window. Slowly pulling the curtain aside she peaked outside but seeing as nothing was on fire and there were no bodies she supposed her lift had arrived. This was confirmed when she heard the knock on the door. "I'm coming!"  she called quickly shoving her foot into another shoe. The coral haired female snagged a jacket on her way to the door but paused by the mirrior. 

Liani pulled a face at herself in the mirror and sighed, she wasn't one for make up therefore she had none on, Rubbing the back of her neck she titled her head to the side...should she have changed? she looked back towards her room...wait why was she worrying? Liani frowned at herself and shook her head..it wasn't like it mattered right. What would Ryuu care...why did she care? she shrugged into her jacket frowning again before she finally reached the door and pulled it open. "Hey" she smiled in greeting "Sorry to keep you waiting"

@The Broken Mind

Ryuu stopped mid whisp and looked at her. 'No make-up. Simple attire. Maybe if i'd waited more she wouldn't have let herself look as she does now. Who knows honestly.' He thought. "I've waited on less important things much longer Miss Liani." He stated as he walked off, the girl following.

"It's been some time. I'd assume nothing bad has occured or you'd be shaken up. If you'd want to speak, do so. No one will stop you." Ryuu said, looking from the corner of his eyes.

Some rocks fell from a rooftop as if something had just moved.

He put fire in his folded hands behind his back, weak flames licking the outside air and retreating. He obviously gave warning to whomever it was before he used his hands to brush the hair from his eyes once again.

If he had to, he felt he'd take a direct hit for Liani before he made bruises form on the assailant yet somethinng in his head told him not to allow blood to be shown to his follower. It was odd but he cracked his neck to alliviate the feeling as he awaited the girl's response if she'd decide to indeed give one. Either way if asked about why they were out past curfew Ryuu knew what to do. His plan he'd hope to not do yet no one would ultimately be hurt so he assumed it'd be alright if he had to go through with it.

Liani smiled slightly at the waiting comment and laughed "I think that's a compliment?" she stated and simply locked her door behind herself as she stepped out. Not that there was much in her crappy student apartment to steal but hey...it was still her stuff and she would like to keep it. Following after him she carefully tucked her keys into her pocket and tucked some hair behind ear. "It has been a while, I always seem to just miss you in work these days" she pointed out since she seemed to be on her break just before he got there. She wasn't sure but she was almost certain that was up to Kara doing it on purpose...but she didn't know and didn't like to think meanly of anyone let alone her boss. The young woman followed Ryuu's gaze towards the rocks but when nothing came of it she just looked back to the man again.

"So how have you been?" she asked politely "Thank you for coming, you sounded busy. I hadn't realized the time i hope you didn't leave anything important? This could have waited..." Liani shrugged slightly at that and played with her fingers. her words didn't exactly ring true she was glad he had come she just didn't want to seem rude by saying so, she did feel guilty if he had been very busy.

@The Broken Mind

Liani smiled slightly at the waiting comment and laughed "I think that's a compliment?" she stated and simply locked her door behind herself as she stepped out. Not that there was much in her crappy student apartment to steal but hey...it was still her stuff and she would like to keep it. Following after him she carefully tucked her keys into her pocket and tucked some hair behind ear. "It has been a while, I always seem to just miss you in work these days" she pointed out since she seemed to be on her break just before he got there. She wasn't sure but she was almost certain that was up to Kara doing it on purpose...but she didn't know and didn't like to think meanly of anyone let alone her boss. The young woman followed Ryuu's gaze towards the rocks but when nothing came of it she just looked back to the man again.

"So how have you been?" she asked politely "Thank you for coming, you sounded busy. I hadn't realized the time i hope you didn't leave anything important? This could have waited..." Liani shrugged slightly at that and played with her fingers. her words didn't exactly ring true she was glad he had come she just didn't want to seem rude by saying so, she did feel guilty if he had been very busy.

@The Broken Mind

"I've been fine and what i left was indeed important and this could have indeed waited but you requested it and called my personal number. It was an easy request and that was alright to me. Leaving wasn't hard as i put someone else in charge." Ryuu stated as they went along.

Cryon had something planned but whatever it was was an enigma to be discovered soon. Knowing him pretty well, the young man assumed the Russian would try and either scare her by attacking or play around with him and Liani, trying to make them smile with odd thoughts about eachother.

Unfortunately, Cryon should know he wasn't like everyone else but who would know? "My aquaintence Cryon Gurlegz will join us. If you'd prefer he didn't i'll let him know. He also may be intimidating but remember, he wouldn't dare do something wrong with someone under a personal letter unless told otherwise." The guy said as he did something he normally wouldn't do. He blew a few whisps of smoke as they walked, his shoulders a bit more relaxed then normal.

Kara had been walking for around 10minutes after leaving her home when she got the sense of eyes on her back. She wasn't the only one to feel it either, Both animals at either side of her had stiffened. There was someone out there. The woman didn't slow her walk, look around nor do much of anything that would indicate she knew someone was there. Both her hands laid gently on the back of each wolf and a smirk slowly started to curve her lips. In all honesty she had expected an attack long before she was surprised it had taken so long. Then again perhaps until they weren't sure she was onto them. No sooner had that thought left the guardians head than she heard soft footsteps land behind her. Her middle finger tapped the wolf on the left only once and it shot off into the trees to round back  on their route while kara and the remaining wolf turned slowly.  A lone archer stood opposite her with a cloth around their mouth and nose, a hood over their head. "Hmm so...you think you shall fight me then?" Kara asked simply and the archer tilted their head to the side. "You have broken no laws. leave the bag and we will leave you" they raised their bow and aimed it at the woman. Adrenaline sparked through Kara's veins. "I think not.." she replied simply and she swore the archer sighed "Very well" a sharp whistle escaped the archers lips and three more figures stepped from the shadows.

After that it all went into fast forward. Kara's hand hit the button on her staff and it extended fully, the wolf she had sent into the woods bounded up behind the archer and sank sharp teeth into their shoulder before the figure barely had time to turn. The archers scream filled the air and kara flipped back using her staff for momentum as ice shot across in front of her...hmm they were all talented then. A whistle escaped her own mouth and she and both wolves split apart and took into the trees. They were  followed instantly by the three figures left standing, one who kara decided to refer to as the ice queen went after her black wolf. The white one stuck by Kara's side. Pursued by two one that kept trying to trip her with roots and well the other hadn't done anything yet so she had a nature walker and an unknown. She needed to split them up. Using her gift she was able to communicate directly into the minds of her two beasts. She had her white wolf turn back and jump on the nature walker which ensued a fight and her other was already in action with the ice queen. Kara cursed under her breath but the bag was still around her shoulder for now. 

An hour passed and the fight had raged on within the tress of the small town, the archer had bled out and died thanks tot he wolf's deep bite on her shoulder, but the ice queen had gotten the best of her beautiful white wolf. The last figure that had followed her was photocopy and a good one at that not to mention a warrior she could tell by they way he fought. She would almost swear it was one her father had trained, They clashed and fought hard, Kara was sure she had managed to inflict at least some broken ribs and a bloody nose how ever when he had duplicated himself and surrounded her when her first wolf was killed. She was more than at a disadvantage the death physically hurt the woman she was mentally connected to the animals and infact the only reason she had survived at all was thanks to her other wolf arriving on time. The photocopy had fled and without her bag. Bloodied, sore and grief stricken over loosing one of her pets she had raised since a cub Kara leaned heavily on the black wolf as she walked in the main doors of the hospital. The wolf supported the woman on one side and she used her staff for the other. She had a gash in her head at least afew broken ribs and some stab wounds but nothing she wouldn't survive. She wasn't sure but she thought she had twisted her ankle too. Doctors rushed at her but the look of sheer cold anger on her face made them pause. "I will be treated by no one but Dr. Hathom" she snapped. She knew what had occurred was not their fault. But she was sore and tired and quite frankly enraged if she had needed anymore proof that her guild was compromised then she had gotten it and it destroyed a little piece of her that something she loved and looked up to so much could be corrupt. 

@shadowz1995

Liani clasped her hands behind her back as she walked and smiled softly her head tilted back and staring up towards the stars. She had always preferred the nighttime to the daytime she didn't know why? perhaps it was because it always seemed more peaceful? hmm oh well whatever it was she just enjoyed it. She turned her head to the side looking toward Ryuu as he spoke once more and she smiled somewhat wider "Well I am glad you came"  she admitted and it was obvious her words were sincere. She was glad he had came and more than just because it meant she would get out of the house. Liani had found over that past few weeks hat she rather enjoyed Ryuus company.

"I don't mind, I mean if you feel he should come along then who am I to say otherwise" she shrugged her shoulder slightly at that "And no offence but most of the people you seem to surround yourself with are intimidating. I'm surprised Califa isn't here" Liani noted though secretly she was glad the woman wasn't. She knew that was hardly a nice thought but the woman clearly didn't like her and it always made her feel uncomfortable.  A short giggle escaped the woman's mouth when the wisps of smoke left Ryuus mouth and she shook her head "You look like a dragon" she joked. "Heh you remind f one of those silly films when you do that you know the comedy ones where they make steam come out of someones ear's when they are angry?" she asked and laughed again and the fact that Ryuu always seemed so serious just mad her laugh all the harder. She couldn't imagine what he would look like with steam coming out of his ears and smoke coming down his nose. 

@The Broken Mind

'I look like a dragon...' Ryuu sighed long. "Ryuu is Dragon in japanese Miss Liani. That's all i will say on the subject." Closing his mouth he snorted roughly, hoping to keep her laughing as the smoke shot out.

Liani's laugh made him soften but no smoke would come from his ears. He wouldn't do it. Even if someone asked about the Curfew, Ryuu would slam them towards a wall. They wouldn't ruin her fun. 

He knew someone or rather a group had been following them on the rooftops. One had tested an arrow but through her Laughter it whizzed by without notice. "If anyone decided to ruin your fun i'd expect it to be Cryon right before the tour." The man stated, smirking. They didn't know it was him. However he saw their shadows retreat a bit at the words.

Then he remembered Liani calling him a dragon and his jaw tightened a bit. Snorting again he tried to focus on the woman's innocent laughter, finding it a bit calming. This actually shocked him quite a bit for he re-loosened his muscles. If the group went for a move they'd go get him and Cryon at once. That'd be one of their last decisions too. Inside his mind, Ryuu grinned maniacally, hoping his hunch was correctly assumed.

Liani stopped laughing momentarily and blinked afew times looking over at the man and suddenly feeling very stupid "Oh..." she stated simply "Well then. That makes sense doesn't it?" she asked an amused smile coming to her face once more. The young woman laughed again and wafted the smoke with her hand when it came out in a wisp. "Doesn't it hurt your noise?" she asked. Liani had now turned and was walking backwards so she could face the man as she walked. 

"Mr Ryuu if i didn't know any better i would say you are almost having fun"  the girl teased with a warm smile and shook her head but the smoke appeared once more and she laughed quietly. "Why would he scare us?" she asked when Ryuu mentioned Cyron, She was curious about this man now and why Ryuu was so sure he would be intent on ruining her fun. Shoving her hands in the pockets of her jacket and still walking backwards Liani thought on his name for a moment "Wait so if that has always been your name does that mean you have had your gifts from birth? were your parents like you?" she asked...surely to get a name like that they must have known he had powers..otherwise it was a very lucky coincidence 

@The Broken Mind

Liani stopped laughing momentarily and blinked afew times looking over at the man and suddenly feeling very stupid "Oh..." she stated simply "Well then. That makes sense doesn't it?" she asked an amused smile coming to her face once more. The young woman laughed again and wafted the smoke with her hand when it came out in a wisp. "Doesn't it hurt your noise?" she asked. Liani had now turned and was walking backwards so she could face the man as she walked. 

"Mr Ryuu if i didn't know any better i would say you are almost having fun"  the girl teased with a warm smile and shook her head but the smoke appeared once more and she laughed quietly. "Why would he scare us?" she asked when Ryuu mentioned Cyron, She was curious about this man now and why Ryuu was so sure he would be intent on ruining her fun. Shoving her hands in the pockets of her jacket and still walking backwards Liani thought on his name for a moment "Wait so if that has always been your name does that mean you have had your gifts from birth? were your parents like you?" she asked...surely to get a name like that they must have known he had powers..otherwise it was a very lucky coincidence 

@The Broken Mind

" I haven't an answer..." Ryuu stated, looking at her. 'Will she ask the questions in the right way, forcing me to answer them?' The man thought. "Cryon is just like that. He may want you to drink with him or something. Russian things. I wouldn't know fully."

Jumping over an open pothole, Ryuu used his flames to weld it shut after using his heel to kick it back in place. "I'd adore watching them open that." Ryuu snorted quickly. 'Will she do it?' The same question ran through his mind but he wouldn't show it. not now.

"You haven't an answer?" Liani repeated his words back to him with a light of confusion in the green emeralds that served her as eyes. The girl stopped in her backwards walking her hands still stuffed in her pockets and watched as the man not only jumped over the pothole but proceededto weld t shut and make it basically impossible for any poor soul that would need to open it. Giving a slightly disproving look and a small shake of the head but she didn't say anything it would serve no purpose. "I don't drink" was all she said in answer to his statement about Cyron and honestly she didn't or more in the line of she never had. She had never tried didn't know if she liked it and was in no rush to find out either way.

However she wasn't done on the other subject yet any how "What do you mean you don't have an answer? Didn't your parents give you your name?" Liani asked simply but then she frowned when she realized that maybe he hadn't known his parents and she suddenly felt very guilty...and yet still she was curious to the answer she might get. "I mean..you had to get your name from somewhere...and for it to fit you so well...i just wandered"

@The Broken Mind  

"You haven't an answer?" Liani repeated his words back to him with a light of confusion in the green emeralds that served her as eyes. The girl stopped in her backwards walking her hands still stuffed in her pockets and watched as the man not only jumped over the pothole but proceededto weld t shut and make it basically impossible for any poor soul that would need to open it. Giving a slightly disproving look and a small shake of the head but she didn't say anything it would serve no purpose. "I don't drink" was all she said in answer to his statement about Cyron and honestly she didn't or more in the line of she never had. She had never tried didn't know if she liked it and was in no rush to find out either way.

However she wasn't done on the other subject yet any how "What do you mean you don't have an answer? Didn't your parents give you your name?" Liani asked simply but then she frowned when she realized that maybe he hadn't known his parents and she suddenly felt very guilty...and yet still she was curious to the answer she might get. "I mean..you had to get your name from somewhere...and for it to fit you so well...i just wandered"

@The Broken Mind  

"I had parents. A business man for a father and a pop-star mother." Ryuu spoke. "I only drink wine or sparkling grape juice. Occasionally Saki." As she stopped, so did he. "I don't have the answer because I wasn't born with powers necessarily Miss Liani." The man looked at his hand.

'They're making a move. I hope she doesn't question how i got my powers. If they attack when she does...' Ryuu's heart quickened. His mind was barley in his grasp but he kept a calm outside composure. If he lost it now she'd get hurt. But what made him care weather or not she got hurt, moreso because of him?

Liani was glad he had stopped when she did it meant that he was going to give her some sort of answer. The young woman waited patiently "A pop star really?" She asked and smiled surprised at that. "Anyone i would have known?" she asked distracted for only a moment she still knew what she wanted answers to she would just allow brief conversation of other things in between. "I have never tasted alcohol" Liani pulled a face "I don't really have ant desire to do so, it seems to make people act rather stupidly and rashly." She simply shrugged her shoulders at that.

Liani frowned in confusion once more when he stated he wasn't born with them...well then how? she was trying to puzzle this all out in her mind from what she had heard so far it was an evolutionary trait therefore it was in ones blood....so hmm. When he looked at his hand Liani grabbed it without thinking and turned it this way and that as if there would be some sort of device there that helped create the flames. "I don't understand what do you mean not necessarily born with them. How then?" she demanded almost. Liani let go of his hand and sighed in frustration, "I don't understand."

@The Broken Mind

Liani was glad he had stopped when she did it meant that he was going to give her some sort of answer. The young woman waited patiently "A pop star really?" She asked and smiled surprised at that. "Anyone i would have known?" she asked distracted for only a moment she still knew what she wanted answers to she would just allow brief conversation of other things in between. "I have never tasted alcohol" Liani pulled a face "I don't really have ant desire to do so, it seems to make people act rather stupidly and rashly." She simply shrugged her shoulders at that.

Liani frowned in confusion once more when he stated he wasn't born with them...well then how? she was trying to puzzle this all out in her mind from what she had heard so far it was an evolutionary trait therefore it was in ones blood....so hmm. When he looked at his hand Liani grabbed it without thinking and turned it this way and that as if there would be some sort of device there that helped create the flames. "I don't understand what do you mean not necessarily born with them. How then?" she demanded almost. Liani let go of his hand and sighed in frustration, "I don't understand."

@The Broken Mind

"Possibly" Ryuu watched as she turned his hand around. She wasn't the first but she was the first to completely get away with it.

"I took twelve months to arrive. Even then i barely survived. Of course, with a famous mother comes crazy people. My mom was told kids could never occur within her. She was small but even then that wasn't the reason. Both her ovaries were slashed when she was younger. No menstrual cycle. It didn't ditur her and when she started showing she went to be blessed." His hand became a fist. 

"The blesser said it wrong and was a wannabe necromancer slash wizard too. He... Did bless me but i cant show emotions. He mispronounced one syllable and i was bound to my mother for emotions. Then when she was six months along what i know now is an Exile got on stage. Got all the way too her. This was were my powers came from."

Ryuu's teeth clenched. "That blessing had me teathered to show any emotion until the first time i was ever regretted openly by my mom. Every time i secretly was, i'd get a bit of nausea. Then the Exile? Tore open her top and drew a pentagram shaped like a dragon over her abdomen. Chanted something probably. That's when my father kicked him in his head, scattering it."

Ryuu's skin was getting crevices all over in the shape of diamonds. "She was six months, i wasn't ment to last three. It was turned to twelve as precaution by the exile. I saw documents on the guy. Used Pentagrams to infuse things with what he wanted. He saw a dragon in her from a messed up fetish..." The crevices started to turn darkish blue as the diamonds turned more prominent, hardening.

"I... Was then cursed. The second i turned twelve, my mother would almost die and it would be my fault. Emotionally distressed i couldn't control my anger and i woke up surrounded by black charred earth and cement. A melted car." He fell onto his knees. "The highway we were on was ablaze. I lost my emotions shortly after when i was fifteen. Parents divorced after an argument over me."

"Either i was brought to the council or my father left my mother. I couldn't comprehend it then. He was the town's well known guardian, businessman and chef. He knew what would happen if i wasn't controlled." The memory played back. ``So you're telling me to give up my only child because you don't want to be a father? If he was never here none of this would ever have happened! I gave up my career to protect him but it seems it wasn't worth it. Was it?``

The man had whispered his mother's words aloud unknowingly. Flames licking at him with intense heat as tears fell from his eyes. "Every time i mention how i came to really be me i lose it. Oh how sorry i am..." Then the flames vanished as smoke rose in their wake.

All of his skin had turned maroon. Harder than iron diamond shaped scales covered his skin. Well... They were his skin. He looked up slowly. A tear slid from his right eye. "Forgive me for not finishing the question or being able to do your tour now... Run if you must. I'd understand... I'd understand why." He couldn't stop the tears but he didn't sob like he should. He didn't completely feel sad. Just empty. He was warm from his now dragon scaled body producing heat for him but Ryuu seemed to know what she was going to do. 

She'd run and never look back. He'd lost his composure and transformed unwillingly. Ryuu felt nothing inside yet he cried, the tears turning to smoke on his cheeks. Knowing he broke a promise  seemed to make the tears come faster yet he still felt nothing as he sat on his knees in front of the first human to not run from him. But he felt that would change here and know. She'd be gone and she wouldn't. Come. Back.

Hathom had just finished a surgery and had been working for five nights in a row. He had slept, eaten, and only left the hospital to bathe and return. The influx of patients from all sides of the spectrum was proving to be too much. Not only to treat but to maintain after their lives had been saved. 

Hathom was finally about to go home when he received an urgent call. Apparently, someone had walked in heavily wounded and said no one could attend to her but Hathom. Normally, he would be flattered but the doctor could only anger. Why couldn't he go home and get some damn rest? He was still in pain from his last encounter with the elites and this didn't serve to make him feel better.

Still, the doctor made his way to the front quickly and as he strode through the doors, Hathom umderstood why. 

Kara was the one who summoned him. "Goddammit why you?" He muttered under his breath. He was hoping that she had been well throughout this entire battle and that she was handling herself. It seems it had only been a matter of time. 

Hathom rushed to her aid and quickly began rounding up some helpers to escort her through the ER. "Kara, how did this happen....."

A few x-rays and many stitches later and Kara was sitting in his personal office. Bandaged, stitched up, and on painkillers. Hathom could still smell the blood on himself from the numerous emergency surgeries he had done that day alone. 

@Lola Shimmer

"Possibly?" Liani asked and raised an eyebrow at that but she didn't speak on it she waited patiently for him to answer she could tell he wasn't done talking, When he began once more Liani had returned her hands to her pockets and simply stood in silence as she listened to the man speak. This was hard for him that much she could tell but she was truly interested in the answer she didn't want to know just for the sake of knowing.

The woman stood watching him as he spoke her lips upturned into a solemn smile as she simply listened "12 months" she stated surprised. She had never heard of anything like that before. Her upturned lips turned into a frown when he began to describe the attack on his mother and her eyes filled with sorrow at how that poor woman must have felt. Some people were animals thinking they could do that to another human being "Oh i'm so sorry..." she whispered in horror and put her hand over her mouth shaking her head as the story went on.

Liani felt her stomach twist with nausea when he described the blessing and the ties of emotions, she shook her head slightly clearly saddened at such a story and at how much it impacted the man in front of her. It truly sounded like an awful ordeal to go through. "Your poor mother.." she couldn't imagine suddenly being given the gift of being able to have a child just to have it go so horrifically wrong. Imagine being that child? it ran a chill right through her...she had such a beautiful child hood and loving family, she could never imagine something like this. 

"Ryuu..." Liani stated her sadness starting to dissipate when she saw his skin "Ryuu your skin...are you alright?" she asked and took a small step toward the man...what was happening was someone else doing this but it didn't seem to be causing him pain? she didn't think so anyways? "Ryuu!" Her voice was louder this time when his very skin looked like it was shifting..her eyes widened in panic as he seemed to get more unhinged and the girl went to reach forward and lean her hand on his shoulder as a way to bring him back to the present but the young woman had to jump back quickly when the flames came to life her fingers barely escaping.
Liani's breath was stolen from her as she stared at the vision in front of her, the hardened skin that had changed color...the smoke wisping around the man but what stole her breath he most was the cheeks running down his face. She had never seen Ryuu break composure not once, tonight when he was messing with the smoke from his nose was the closest she had ever seen but that had been in good fun she never expected...this. She was stunned, shocked even but she wasn't scared. In fact her heart felt heavy watching a grown man weep on his knees in front of her.

Liani hung her head and sighed deeply. "Why would i run?" she asked confused and a little hurt that he would think she would. Carefully placing her hand on his should to make sure it wasn't to hot,she was glad when it wasn't though infact pleasantly warm. "Oh ryuu" she muttered and put her other hand on his other shoulder before leaning down to the man level she carefully pulled him into a hug. He felt like a stone against her but still she patted his back gently "Hush now...it's alright..."

@The Broken Mind
In all her years Kara had never been so happy to see a doctor and when she seen Hathom the woman has just smirked gave as casual shrug as she could manage with the pain "WHaat....no warm welcome?" she had asked but laugh that brought on had just rocked her sore ribs. The woman had cursed inwardly and quite happily let the doctor set to work. Though through the whole process she refused to let her bag out of her sights. She had searched hard for that evidence and fought even harder to keep it she wasn't about to let it go now. 

Her wolf didn't leave her side either despite the nurses and even Hathoms best effort. It was in protective mode..they had just lost one of their pack and barely made it through themselves, they weren't going to be separated now. Kara at least had the sense to look suitably guilty as she sat in Dr. Hatohms office one hand tangled in the fur at her wolf's neck. "I'm sorry Hathom, I know this isn't exactly great timing to turn up here like this" she gestured to herself and the bandages and what not.

The woman rubbed her face and sighed "They've been following me for a while but they hadn't attacked until now" she stated quietly "I lost one of them" Kara sighed even heavier. and the wolf next to her whined softly before laying on the ground. she looked over and patted her head before looking back toward Hathom. "They were after this" she reached into the back with a slight wince as moving and pulled out the files dropping them on his desk "It's the guild Hathom" she said simply. Her voice was blank but the pain was clear on her face...this hurt her deep the guild was her family. She had been raised in it, trained in it and taught in it her whole life she had dedicated her life to it. "The attacks, the guild are behind it, i have some suspects but i have no idea how deep it runs. How could i not have seen this?!" she shook her head in annoyance. 

@shadowz1995

"Because you were already on one side. Its only natural that you wouldn't suspect your own people. I had my suspicions but I didn't believe the Exiles were behind this. Too many of them were claiming self defense rather than cursing the guild like they normally do." 

The doctor leaned back in his chair and eyed the large wolf in his office. It was unsanitary but Hathom made an exception due to them being in his private space. 

The doctor let his head fall into his hands at the information with a low groan. When he looked back up, he locked eyes with the injured Elite and could tell they both looked like hammered shit. Hathom's well maintained stubble was on its way to becoming a beard and his hair was hastily combed but it couldn't hide unkempt style completely. The sleep deprivation and lack of eating was showing in his complexion.

"Kara, I'm going to level with you here....I think its just you and me. Nobody else can be trusted. Tell no one about this. I don't care how much you may trust them. We can't afford any more mistakes."

"The media has been covering this as riots and a boom in crime but these Elites doing their superhuman feats can't stay hidden any longer at the rate they are going."

".....You live in the guild right? If they find out you have this information or heaven forbid, already know? You can't fight them in your current condition. Hide out at my place and we can plan our strategy in relative peace there. I used some Exile contacts to get some firearms so we should stand a chance if they decide to do away with caution. I can also hire some guards if need be."

The doctor pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh. He truly despised using his fortune in such a fashion but Hathom couldn't afford to be moral and foolish. Whatever choices he made, he would have to deal with later but he needed to live to make sure he could. 

@Lola Shimmer

"But how could i be so blind, I know i am supposed to be on their side but what does this say for my side if this is the cause i was fighting wth. It's a disgrace and they bring shame to what it means to be a guardian." Her tone was filled with venom and she gripped the edge of her seat. Quite frankly at this moment in time she was glad she was so injured because it hindered her from taking off and confronting the guild immediately. Something she knew she would regret because it was selfish and stupid and fueled on anger. It would also more that likely get her killed and cause more trouble than they even had now. 

Kara Knew Hathom wasn't exactly thrilled about her furry companion as she saw him eye the wolf but at this point she wasn't going to compromise. It was helping to keep her clam and hold herself together, It was calming to lock her fingers in the fur and feel the heat of the animal along her skin. Honestly the Doctor looked as beat up and done in as she was. It had been a long few weeks that were taking their toll on all involved. Kara let out a short humorless laugh when they both locked eyes she could tell Hathoms thoughts mirrored her own. Not only were they in deep shit but they looked it too.

"If you were to look at us you would think we are fighting this war alone" she stated sighing and leaning back against her chair. "I know" she agreed when he implied no one else could be trusted and the woman nodded her head. "That's why i brought them here" she referred to the files. "I've told no one, not even my father..not to say i don't trust him but i don't wish to put him in harms way with the knowledge...besides I found most of these in my mothers desk and if i can put the dots together so can he" the woman stated gravely. She had been playing with the idea when she first found the information but now she was more certain than ever. Her mothers death was no accident. She would bet her own life on that.

"If this outs us all manner of mayhem will break loose. This war will look like nothing. The world fears what it doesn't know heck half the world would wish to kill us and the other would likely want to strap us to scientists tables" Kara shuddered at the thought of that. There had been plenty of times in history that people like them had been discovered and it had never ended well for the elite involved. That's why these days very few humans knew of the existence, only those it was essential to tell and any others had their memory's of any elite activity stripped.

Kara's eyes narrowed at the words hideout...it felt to much like running and she was not a coward, But then the girl was not a fool either and she knew the doctor was right. She could not possibly hope to fight and win or make any sort of good difference in this shape. With a reluctant nod she agreed "I don't think guards will be necessary, it will make it obvious besides Grey won't go far. She will always be close to watch surroundings. I can communicate with her and others. There is no need for human eyes" She pointed out and it was true she would be able to watch them with the help of her animal counterparts.

Kara shook her head once more and smiled ruefully "Hmm when did it come to guns, guards, fighting in the dark and trying to stop people killing one and other Hathom?" she asked, It was rhetorical of course she just wandered how they could fall so quick or perhaps it was simply that it was  going on all along it was just more coming to light lately. "I will send my father a message saying I've got some business to attend to he won't expect me back until he see's me"

@shadowz1995

Users who are viewing this thread