Main Rp Area

Lola Shimmer

One Thousand Club
For centuries there have always been elites. Those who seemed just a tad above the rest, smarter, faster and craftier even thought it wasn't always obvious who these elites were as they hid it well. It wasn't money or indeed status that have ever separated these members of society from the rest, no indeed the reason is all together more biological. For hundreds of years these 'advanced' beings have been propping up in history, whether it be in the guise of a genius, a business entrepreneur, an inventor even. We see them everyday but pass over them as simply lucky or hardworking, that fireman who seems to always leave the disaster unscathed. That girl who seems to breeze her way through school and that business owner who cant seem to make a bad deal. All god examples but even that random stranger who seemed to appear in your life at just the right time or that kind stranger who had just what you needed heck even that crazy old gypsy woman who read your fate at the fair. Yes indeed these people are in plain sight and yet so much so that you look over them everyday. Not that there is all good of course for what is life without balance, The man that bankrupted you to rags, the con-woman who took all you had or that charmer who seemed to know just how to twist you the way they wanted. Even the sadistic those who cause death simply because they know how and can...those that would watch the world burn just for a little heat.

Yes the elite are everywhere and nowhere all at once, some living in the full flurry of their powers and some only discovering. There are those who would use them for good, those who wont at all ans those who will use them to feed every whim they have....which are you? or perhaps...you aren't one at all maybe you are a friend in the dark, A panicked family member or perhaps like the old order you seek to abolish them completely. Only time will tell how these paths will turn and unfold. This brings us to the Modern age of the world now and the war that has been going on behind the scenes for centuries. 

The story starts in the modern age, I or the other GM will make a starting post when we have enough members to begin.

Lilly had spent most of the morning helping set up for tonight’s grand opening. Her performance was going to be going on while the lions and their tamers where doing their bit, she felt sick. Lilly was terrified of the lions but she didn’t complain. She would be above them on a stand while she spun danced with flaming hoops. Lilly once more ran throw the steps of the dance twisting and jumping always keeping the fire away from her skin. She let the hoop slip from her hips so it now twisted on her legs holding her breath she slowly brought one leg up till she quickly slipped it in and out using the hoops momentum to keep it going. A smile spread across her lips and she laughed finally she had gotten the move right. One last movement to finish her performance, a quick jump kick sent the hoop spiraling in to the air over her head Lilly reached up grabbing it spinning around the fire disappearing as she flourished the hoop and bowed. Lilly was panting and it wasn’t from the dance, her body was use to that but the sudden fever she would never get used to. Groaning as she pulled off her sweatshirt she slumped to the dirt and closed her eyes trying to cool off. “Lilly” someone called, she looked over seeing it was one of the ring leaders “I want you to go in to town and get some stuff. also pass out flyers. “Lilly growled and got to her feet “why me” she asked hands on hips “make some of the fresh meat do it. I’m no errand boy” she snapped the man roiled his eyes and pointed at her “isn’t this the town we picked your skinny ass up in. You know the people here! And you look like you need a break any ways.” Lilly opened her mouth for a moment before snapping it shut “I grow up about 100 miles that way” she said pointing away from town “But whatever. Give me the money and a list “she said as she snatched up her jacket and headed out to get changed in to her normal costume. She would advertise while she was in town. It wasn’t long before she was heading in to town with a bag slung over one shoulder and her all white dress suit on. “well let’s have some fun why don’t we” Lilly hummed

Kara~

Kara frowned, the expression pulling down the corners of her mouth and causing three creased lines to appear on her smooth features. "Ted who the hell has been keeping the stocks" she asked clearly annoyed and raised her head to eye the barman. The man stopped like a deer coat in headlights at the glare that hid behind her cool gaze and just shrugged his shoulder's. The woman's mouth twitched in clear annoyance but she said nothing and just waved him off with her hand and the man couldn't scurry off quick enough to keep refilling the fridges behind the counter of the bar. Kara sighed inwardly she had taken a couple of weeks off since her mothers passing and was really wishing she hadn't, the place was a mess...or at least the book were and their stocks. It was like no one at all had bothered to keep on top of them. Her nails tapped relentlessly on the marble top before she just out her hand down flat. "Right, keep refilling what you can." she instructed while reaching under the counter and grabbing her bag "I am going to whole sale to get what we need today and i will do an order when i get back, THEN we are all having a team meeting this is ridiculous. let the others know." the brunette snapped. Kara knew her mood was rotten and she didn't mean it to be but the past weeks had been bad enough without coming back to a mountain of work to do and not only that her father wasn't back to work yet either, here or the guild so she had both those to contend with. With bag on shoulder she grabbed her notebook off the shelf and made way to the exit glad she had opted for flat shoes today rather than the heels she normally wore to make her pencil skirt, blouse combo more professional. However today she couldn't have cared less. A few moments later she was out the door and heading down the main street that was gradually starting to get busier as the morning moved on.

Liani~

The red head sat slumped over the desk one hand on her cheek resting with her elbow against the table and the other trailed along the words as she read them. Her features were pinched in concentration and the pile of books to her left clearly showed she had been here for some time. Since the college library had opened this morning actually. A small sigh escaped pursed lips and Liani sat back in her chair allowing her hands to fall into her lap. Regarding the book that sat upon the polished oak desk a thoughtful look finally fell over her as if contemplating something, With a a small smile that titled pink lips up she leaned forward pen coming to hand and hastily scribbled down some notes while they stuck in her head. She gave a satisfied nod although she sat by herself and there was no one to receive it, She had spent half the morning trying to get these algorithms to stick in her head and they were finally starting to make sense. A quick glance at her watch had the girls eyes widening not realizing she had wasted quite so much time. As if that thought had sparked it her belly began to rumble Liani had forgotten to eat breakfast. Again. She began gathering up her book with the intention of heading to the cafe that rested in the downstairs floor of the library. With as many books pushed in her bag that she could manage and four gathered in her arms she headed for the door.  

David walked down the street without a worry in the world. He had been having a pretty good day so far. Woke up early, got in a bit of early morning training, got a girl's number, and there didn't seem to be a cloud in the sky. This moment of peace ended when a man ran into him and picked his pocket of his wallet. Well now he got a little angry as his powers kicked in and time slowed down. Only mentally of course. David couldn't move any faster than the man physically than he normally could, but he could react in a blink of in eye. The pickpocket barely took a step away from David before he turned, grabbed the wrist of the thief, and punched him in the jaw. The man sprawled to the ground unconscious and David picked his wallet back up. Some people looked at him but moved on not wanting trouble. 

David put a hand to his head as a slight headache kicked in. "Well lets hope you aren't the first of a day of troubles eh thief?" He said before walking away. He spotted the library after a bit and decided to head inside to get a muffin from the cafe. They always helped to cheer him up. He walked into the library and immediately noticed a pretty redhead walking down the stairs carrying a bagful and armful of books. He smiled to himself before walking over to her. "Hey. You need any help carrying those books there?"

@Lola Shimmer

Lilly only had to walk a little bit till she was in town. though she had not been in this town for many years she recalled the streets it not the buildings. "so much has changed" Lilly huffed what had she expected it to just stay the same. foolish girl she thought shaking her self out of her stopper. "I have work to do" she muttered pulling out flyers "COME TO THE CIRCUS AND SEE WHAT WE HAVE TO SHOW. COME AND WATCH AS WE DO DARING FEATS AND CHALLENGE WHAT IS MEANT TO BE.  COME JOIN US  AT THE CIRCUS" Lilly called as she handed out flyers and made her way down the street . After a moment she had to ask where a shopping market was the circus always needed more food and lots of it.

@GinkyGotBack @The Broken Mind (the rps up)

Ryuu Okobani Walked around, Hands in his pockets. He had just been noticed as the owner of Sakura Hakari  (Cherry Blossom Scales) Inc, A major company in current times and someone finally let out his name and picture.

Walking down the street he sighed. "I cant stand how people pay attention to another the second they know that person is watchedcby many others. Honestly it's something that if i explained, none of you hiding in the shadows would understand." At those words some people jumped up, wondering how he knew. 

Heat permitted the air as he walked by the one ahead of him. It was odd but his guards were behind him, fifteen feet away at times, the closest being eight feet. In time he exhaled through his nose, unnotiable smoke blowing from his nostrils as he did so before the young adult flicked his head, hair going out of his eye as he did so before he waited for someone to actually approach him or something to happen.

Kara~

"Oh you have got to be kidding me" Kara muttered seeing the girl shouting ans hollering and handing out flyers mere feet from the entrance to the cocktail bar. The woman sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose with her free hand the other still clutching onto her notepad with the other. "Girl" she stated simply and marched toward the girl with a look of determination, it wasn't that she begrudged her the business but she did begrudge it putting people off coming into hers. "Hey, you with the flyers" Kara waved her hand to get the girls attention and stopped just short of Lilly. "Look i appreciate you are trying to ummm" she titled her head to the side trying to think of a polite way to put it "Uhhh gain some interest in what...well is a dying art really". She shrugged her shoulders at that "But you are putting people of walking down this street ok..this is a more....upmarket part of town...you might get more customers elsewhere while not putting off mine. kay?" she said simply and she wasn't going to give the woman much chance to reply to her before she turned on her hell to cross the street. She realized a beat to late just how stuck up and bitchy she might have just come across but oh well she had said it now and had far to much to do to stand and take it back. However her conscious wouldn't let her cross the road knowing it so she grit her teeth and turned back around toward the woman. "Look, im sorry alright but just.hell just pass them out some place else?"

@King Drago

Liani~

The second she had left the stuffy confines of the library and stepped foot on the first step the sweet wafts of coffee and food drifted upstairs from the cafe. Liani felt her stomach growl a little louder in protest at her slow progress and she silently cursed herself for not remembering to eat in the first place, She did it often and regretted it every time because she always ended up starving. A shrug of her shoulder fixed her bag that had began sliding it's way down and that in turn jostled the books in her hands, The red head's eyes narrowed in annoyance sense the arrangement was just not working out in her favor at all. She had been in the process of an internal monologue of curses to herself when the voice interrupted her thoughts. Liani looked up and stared at the boy dumbly as if it took a few seconds to process what he had said "Oh". The sound came out as a surprised mutter that caused her cheeks to go a slight shade of pink, glancing over her shoulder to see if there was someone behind her she blinked and looked back "Oh, you're talking to me?" asked and raised an questioning eyebrow. The girl was awkward and shy at the best of times never mind with a stranger and she shuffled from one foot to the other for a moment trying to make her throat let a response escape, she swore her shyness would be the death of her one day. "That's umm very nice, but i-uhh you really don't have too..." she just sort of shrugged her shoulders in defeat. She was utterly terrible at this.

@Eraticwanderer

Lilly was giving a paper to a woman holding a baby when Kara approached her. Lillys smiled went wide showing teeth. this woman had cot her intrest .. much to the womans misfortune... hopefully "Ow im sorry i didnt mean to scare off your people" she said and looked around a slow look of shock came to her face "theres no one coming .. did i .... did i really do that" she asked her head tilting to the side before she grined and head out a paper "come see the dying arts ?" Lilly was gunna leave it at that but the woman had the nerve to try and save face and say sorry. the paper in Lillys hand flashed in to fire a slight chill coming to her arms "ow sorry ... we circus people are not use to this up class place" she slipped a spent match from her glove and in to her pocket "here it would be an honer to have Lady attend the show" she said batting her eyes as she pulled a ticket out her pocket holding it out to the woman 

@Lola Shimmer

David smiled at her shyness. He always had a thing for shy girls. It was just a cute quality to him. He quickly grabbed the books from her hands as muttered that he didn't need to help. "well I want to help so  just let me. Are you heading to the cafe? They have some great muffins." He started to walk to the cafe before turning towards her and flashing a big smile.

@Lola Shimmer

Kara raised an eyebrow slowly and clearly un-amused at the girl's sarcasm but she took a deep breath in effort to not loose her temper again, her fuse today was just non-existent. "Look i didn't mean it how it sounded but yes people get put off at other people trying to sell their wares on  the street" she shot back but her eyes narrowed ever so slightly when the paper burst into flames. It seemed so natural but kara gave herself a shake at being so suspicious the woman was part of a circus of course she knew tricks...still..whatever she would deal with it later if it came up again. "Look i told you i didn't mean it like that alright...its..coming out wrong" the woman sighed again and pinched the bridge of her nose but before she knew it the ticket was being held out to her. "I am not a lady. i'm stressed. and i just might come" she took the ticket from the woman's fingers in annoyance and turned to continue on her path her grip on her notebook so tight that her knuckles were turning white.  @King Drago

Before Liani could protest more firmly the books were already taken from her hands and she was left holding nothing, "Ummm...". She didn't really have much choice other than to follow after him. The girl had a quick look around unable to help the paranoia that knotted uncomfortably in her stomach that this was all some kind of joke and any minute she'd be the punchline but..nothing. "Huh? oh yes i am" Liani laughed a little at herself before nodding in agreement "Yes they do, i think they are all home made, they sure taste it" she hesitantly smiled back and clasped her hands in front of her self so she could play with her fingers "Hmm so do you go to school here? i haven't seen you around before" @Eraticwanderer

"Ow but my lady the more you speak the more you insult isnt that just lovely" Lilly hummed as she slipped the flyers in to her bag once more "noy my lady ." she said following kara "did you know that being in my profession earns more then six times the average sales person." Lilly said and then cartwheeled in to her hands and started walking like that "As well as getting to travel we are also well spoken and read .." she flipped to her feet putting her hat back on and grinned. "aaannd we look ow so cooler"  Lilly smirked looking around "SO COME ONE COME ALL TO SEE US EPICLY EPIC PEOPLE"

@Lola Shimmer

"More or less. I don't really care much for the learning but they have a decent fighting program." He said as they walked into the cafe. He chuckled silently at the easily read look of paranoia on her face.  "Now there is one problem with the muffins here. I can never pick which one to get. I usually end up with either a chocolate or blueberry but all of them look so good." He examined the muffins for sale before turning back towards her. "I'm David by the way. David Gray. You can call me either of my two names if you want." 

@Lola Shimmer

Crumbs fell onto the sidewalk, the source, a pumpkin-spice muffin recently purchased from the cafe a few blocks away.  Sticky fingers were licked half-heartedly and then wiped on an already stained pair of cargo pants.  The pants had a single owner as most pairs of pants do, an owner who obviously held nary a shred of respect for them.  This owner was Mitch Jackman, a 22-year old man who could only be bothered to do the laundry when he felt like it.  It's not like he didn't know how to do it, he was actually quite skilled in the field of washing clothes, it was just too much of a commitment to have to wash your clothes every other week or so.

His parents, who were so old that he jokingly referred to them as his grandparents, had always bugged him about keeping a neat and tidy area.  However, now that he was living by himself their lecturing couldn't reach him anymore, unless they called him of course, but the likelihood of them being able to work their iPhone without his help was slim.  In fact, that was the reason he bought it for them on their anniversary, just to avoid having them boss him around now that he was an official eligible bachelor.  Truly, he was the devil's child.

Speaking of irritating things, he had a date to plan for tonight.  One of his friends, friend #12, had set him up with his cousin who was staying at his place for a week or two.  Mitch had to admit, she was pretty smoking, but when most girls opened their mouths to speak it pissed him off.  He didn't hate women or anything like that, he just hated the sound of peppy people talking, and he acknowledged the fact that most girls could be very peppy.  He much preferred girls who could just take it easy and not freak out all the time, like himself.  Anyways, all he had to do was put up with her for one night and then he could tell his friend the next morning how annoying she was and how terrible of a time he had.

Before he could do that however, Mitch had to figure out what they were going to do tonight.  He had planned on inviting her over to the arcade to play some Street Fighter, but then his friend told him that she hated videogames.  Blasphemy in the truest sense of the word.  Just as Mitch had given up on making any real plans, he heard some girl shouting at the top of her lungs about a circus show.  Lucky day, it appeared as if fate had set up tonight for him..  Is what he would think of he was some sort of dweeb. 

The truth was this girl seemed really annoying to him, so he was reluctant to approach her.  He didn't know whether he should kiss her or strangle her, but he decided it would be good enough just to talk to her.  "Hey, is this circus you're talking about any good?"  He made sure to layer his voice with a boring, slightly standoffish tone so as not to start a conversation.  All he wanted was a quick yes or no, a copy of the flyer, and maybe a peek at her cleavage if given the chance.

@King Drago

Kara's eyes narrowed at the girl and she really was starting to regret opening her mouth in the first place. She was in a rush and irritable as it was and now this...individual to put it very politely  had decided to follow her along on her travels which was getting on every single last one of the elites nerves "Oh sweet stars does it ever stop talking" she muttered to herself as she carried on trying to get away from Lilly. However when it became very apparent that this was not going to work she came to an abrupt stop and turned on her hell to regard her coolly. "Look circus, circus i really don't have the time or the interest for your charming little facts i mean truly they are soooooo good to know" her tone was clearly layered with heavy sarcasm. "Now that bein said i ain't a sales person and nor am i a lady as ya keep calling me i just happen to be someone real stressed and in a real rush and you are clearly overly sensitive and easily insulted so just scram would you?!" she snapped in annoyance and ran her hand down her face. Then Lily started yelling again and she groaned but just as all seemed lost the man approached and kara's thanked her lucky stars  "Good luck to you buddy" was her simple parting statement before she left both of them standing and rushed on her way with a flow of curses under her breath. As the brunette reached the other side of the street she took a deep breath to calm herself down and took a sharp left and abruptly walked head on into the oncoming person thanks to having her head shoved in her notebook, Kara gasped and looked up immediately "I am so sorry!@The Broken Mind

@King Drago @GinkyGotBack

Liani nearly gawked when he said he wasn't here for the learning...why on earth would someone bother coming to college for anything else? Quite frankly making it into college was the only thing that made her try so hard in high school but when the fight club was mentioned she nodded her head. Ahh yeah she had heard about it, one of the best in the country apparently she knew people came from all over for it.  "Well I am definitely here for the learning, i don't think i'd get into fight club with my stature...does screaming and running away count as a move? " she asked making a joke. She laughed slightly at the comment about the muffins becoming more comfortable in herself the more she started to realize this wasn't some kind of joke. "Well see you're choosing the wrong kind if you picked the lemon curd you would never even think of choosing any other kind" she pointed out and tapped on the glass were the muffins sat. She glanced over with a slight shrug but smiled when he introduced himself. "I'm Liani...Just Liani" she smirked 

@Eraticwanderer 

David laughed at her joke. He could already tell she was a bookworm and not a fighter. He made a questioning face though when she said lemon curd was the best muffin. "Well Liani." He said with a smile and ordering two lemon curd muffins. "I'm going to hold you to that. This had better be the best muffin in town." He grabbed the two muffins, still holding her books under one arm, and started to walk over to a table. He bumped into another person though and the books and muffins went flying. His power kicked in immediately and he watched the objects fall in slow motion. He reached with his left hand to grab the muffins while he moved to trap the falling books between his right hand and foot. It was over in less than a second and he stood on one foot holding muffins in one hand and the books balancing on his foot. "Well that was close."

@Lola Shimmer

Kara's eyes narrowed at the girl and she really was starting to regret opening her mouth in the first place. She was in a rush and irritable as it was and now this...individual to put it very politely  had decided to follow her along on her travels which was getting on every single last one of the elites nerves "Oh sweet stars does it ever stop talking" she muttered to herself as she carried on trying to get away from Lilly. However when it became very apparent that this was not going to work she came to an abrupt stop and turned on her hell to regard her coolly. "Look circus, circus i really don't have the time or the interest for your charming little facts i mean truly they are soooooo good to know" her tone was clearly layered with heavy sarcasm. "Now that bein said i ain't a sales person and nor am i a lady as ya keep calling me i just happen to be someone real stressed and in a real rush and you are clearly overly sensitive and easily insulted so just scram would you?!" she snapped in annoyance and ran her hand down her face. Then Lily started yelling again and she groaned but just as all seemed lost the man approached and kara's thanked her lucky stars  "Good luck to you buddy" was her simple parting statement before she left both of them standing and rushed on her way with a flow of curses under her breath. As the brunette reached the other side of the street she took a deep breath to calm herself down and took a sharp left and abruptly walked head on into the oncoming person thanks to having her head shoved in her notebook, Kara gasped and looked up immediately "I am so sorry!@The Broken Mind

Liani nearly gawked when he said he wasn't here for the learning...why on earth would someone bother coming to college for anything else? Quite frankly making it into college was the only thing that made her try so hard in high school but when the fight club was mentioned she nodded her head. Ahh yeah she had heard about it, one of the best in the country apparently she knew people came from all over for it.  "Well I am definitely here for the learning, i don't think i'd get into fight club with my stature...does screaming and running away count as a move? " she asked making a joke. She laughed slightly at the comment about the muffins becoming more comfortable in herself the more she started to realize this wasn't some kind of joke. "Well see you're choosing the wrong kind if you picked the lemon curd you would never even think of choosing any other kind" she pointed out and tapped on the glass were the muffins sat. She glanced over with a slight shrug but smiled when he introduced himself. "I'm Liani...Just Liani" she smirked 

@Eraticwanderer 

Ryuu had sidestepped and caught a girl who tripped, and she apologized as he lifted her up, sighing before lifting a hand up to his guards to tell them it was alright. "Why hello there miss." He said, eyes chilled.

"Why don't you look forewords and try not to run into another alright?" Ryuu calmly told her. "I will credit you for not being on a phone though. It's nice to see others on... Lesser communical devices." His eyes were a cold calculating yellow that somehow seemed natural as he stared at her, sizing her up in seconds before he snorted as his guards look at one another and decided to keep their distance as the air around Ryuu seemed to become hot yet not damp or increasingly dry.

Lilly was trying not laugh as the woman chowed her out. This was to much fun hehehe. She was about to say something when she heard a voice she turned on her heels and bowed  to the man taking her hat off once more pulling a paper from it "come and see for your self tonight and tonight only is  only half price." She hummed as she straightened up and looked back "awww she ran away " Lilly pouted "such an agresive miss" she stated before looking the man who had come over up and down, not that boring looking . Though the way he didnt look at her told her he wouldn't be as fun to make angry.. maybe shy? Hmm and so shw only watched to see how he would react. 

@GinkyGotBack

"Well i mean they probably aren't the best in town but they aren't bad for a school library!" Liani stated a little panicked "I mean no pressure or anything for my pick right?" she asked and laughed quietly but her cheeks flushed some when he bought her muffin too. Heck if she wasn't sued to talking to people she sure as hell wasn't used to flirting at least she figured this was flirting, that thought just made her go some what redder. "Hey i can take one of th-" the sentence never fully got to leave her mouth before gray collided with the other person. The girl cringed waiting for gravity to do it's thing and send everything flying to the floor but in a blink nothing of the sort happened. "How the...." she stared at David in shock and the position of all the objects her mouth falling open. "How did you do that!" she exclaimed and rushed forward grabbing the books he was balancing on his foot so he could stand properly "Are you alright?"

@Eraticwanderer

When she was promptly righted again from her near fall Kara took a small step back and straightened herself up "Yes well, like i said apologies...i am not normally so distracted." She quickly took in the guards her brow furrowing, who the heck was this guy but she noted they stayed back with his signal. She fixed her gaze back onto the man to see if she could place it but she had no luck. With everything that had been going on lately she had little time to keep up with current events. Kara noted the look and she stared right back sizing him up in the same way, she would not be scrutinized without matching it so she kept her own cool gaze on his, Her brow furrowed all the more when the temperature around the man seemed to change, or had it? uck she didn't know was she becoming paranoid. First the fire thing with that circus girl and now this, perhaps she needed to admit to herself that today was simply going to be a disaster. "Well, Any way" she smoothed out her skirt and held her hand out "I'm Kara Phillips, again like i said my apologies, No hard feelings i'm sure."

@The Broken Mind

Anton Bateman rolled his eyes as his vision scattered across the street.

His vision got locked at this girl, wearing all white, she had this weird and present behaviour.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he watched her talking to the man.

Anton decided to approach her, not because of her odd behaviour but rather because of the fact that she was handing out flyers, for a circus nonetheless.

"This is the perfect opportunity to get rid of some Elite-scum." Anton thought to himself.

He would move his way to her in a straight line, stopping at around half a meter infront of her.

He looked very clean and structured.

"May I have a flyer?" He asked. His mouth widened with his lips pressed together, it was a smile, one that seemed normal but didn't feel genuine.

He looked her straight in the eyes as he reached out his hand, concealed with a leather glove, to take the flyer. 

@King Drago

Last edited by a moderator:
With much hesitation, he awkwardly took the flyer from her, slightly disappointed he didn't get to see any cleavage when she bowed like that.  She seemed like a strange girl, but I guess you'd have to be strange to be in the circus.  Examining the flyer with little interest, what really grabbed his attention was when she said, 'half price.'  He had been planning to buy one of those Roomba robots to keep his floors clean, seeing as how cleaning was such a pain in the ass.  With the money he'd save taking his date to the circus, he'd have enough money to buy on his next payday. 

"I suppose if I'm not paying full price then it won't really matter if it sucks or not.." Even if it was a relief, he didn't think it'd be a good idea to look satisfied in front of this chick.  He figured her seeing a smile on his face would cause her to practically screech in delight.  While looking over the flyer, he'd look her over as well.  Needless to say, he was impressed by what he saw.  She was definitely hotter than his date, but she seemed a lot more energetic too, which was a turn off.  Another thing he noticed was the window to a building behind her, giving him a good view of what appeared to be a pleasantly prim and proper posterior. 

A man's reflection made three as he watched him approach from the window.  The saying 'two's company, three's a crowd' came to mind as the man stopped right next to Mitch, asking about the circus.  Personally, he didn't like the look of him.  Slicked back hair, a closed mouth smile and a fancy getup like that were three things that irked Mitch without fail.  What he hated the most were the gloves he was wearing.  No one wears gloves unless they want to keep their hands clean, want to keep their prints off something or don't want to show their hands.  All of which tick off the requirements for a criminal in his book.

Another thing that caught Mitch's eye was that the man was looking directly into hers.  Mitch had read on some website that in some Asian cultures, not that this guy was Asian, people smile when they're angry or up to no good, like a door-to-door salesman or a mad primate.  On that same website, learned the difference between a real smile and a 'Pan American Smile,' also known as a fake one.  Mitch didn't smile much, not that he was a depressed or angry person, he just didn't smile unless it was an involuntary response to genuine emotion, otherwise known as a Duchenne smile or a real one.  That's probably why he could never get a job as a cashier. 

With ungloved, somewhat sweaty hands, he stuffed the flyer in his abused cargo pants and looked back at the circus girl.  "Thanks, maybe I'll go see what it's all about.  I'm just gonna text my.. cousin, and ask her if she'd want to come with me."  Whipping out his iPhone, the old model, he went through his contacts and called his own voicemail.  He walked a foot or two away from them and began having a fake conversation with his answering machine, intent on sticking around to find out what this man's deal was.

@King Drago@ElDuderino

Last edited by a moderator:
Kain laughed as Liana rushed over and grabbed the books. The guy he bumped into was too shocked to even apologize and everyone around was looking with awe as well. "I'm a fighter. I have good reflexes." He said while laughing some more. "Come on lets eat some muffins." He took her hand and lead her over to a table before placing one of the muffins in front of her. He stared into her eyes and smiled again. It was always fun to wow people, especially cute girls. "So...What major are you in?"

@lola s

back with his signal. She fixed her gaze back onto the man to see if she could place it but she had no luck. With everything that had been going on lately she had little time to keep up with current events. Kara noted the look and she stared right back sizing him up in the same way, she would not be scrutinized without matching it so she kept her own cool gaze on his, Her brow furrowed all the more when the temperature around the man seemed to change, or had it? uck she didn't know was she becoming paranoid. First the fire thing with that circus girl and now this, perhaps she needed to admit to herself that today was simply going to be a disaster. "Well, Any way" she smoothed out her skirt and held her hand out "I'm Kara Phillips, again like i said my apologies, No hard feelings i'm sure."

@The Broken Mind

Ryuu laughed three short times before he looked at the girl. "Why hello Kara Phillips. My name is Ryuu Okobani. I'm the owner of Sakura Hikari inc. ." The teen stated in a monotone voice, flipping his hair from his right eye a bit. 

"I don't know whom you really are but you intrigue me. Do indulge me on where i could get a nice French Venilla Cappuccino if you'd be so kind Miss Phillips." The young man said, not smiling nor did he change his monotone voice in the slightest as he looked at her, awaiting an answer he hoped wasn't worthless or long and tedious.

Lilly smiled at Mitch as she thought of how to mess with him, when he took the paper she fixed her hat and wiggled seeing him checking her out "If nothing elnce there will be attractive wemon " she said and shrugged exadratedly. She was about to make a joke when she got a shiver down her spine her head turns and locks eyes with the nicely dressed man she didn't brake eye contact as he aproched and at his request her smile shifted in to a wolfish grin showing to much teeth her head tilted to the left "Yess you may sir " she said reaching in to her bag pulling one out and handed it to him her face not changing from the grin

@GinkyGotBack 

@ElDuderino

He would gently take the flyer from her hand.

"Thank you." He said as the smile would still, only this time his eyes would squint lightly as he took the flyer.

"Have a good day." He said calmly as he was still looking straight into her eyes. 

He turned around and moved back to the spot where he stood earlier.

Anton attentively looked at the flyer, storing the information in his mind, only to put the flyer into his pocket.

He continued to look around, noticing the man with the long dark hair who was talking on the pone looked at him for a second.

Anton stared back at the man, not blinking once. He didn't look away. Anton patiently waited for the man to realise that Anton had taken notice of him staring at Anton for only a quick second.

His facial expression was neutral.

Liani looked around them and at how people were staring, ok good so she wasn't insane that had been super cool and completely impossible right? She was glad she wasn't the only one that was shocked at how quickly he had caught everything. She looked over David suspiciously when he tried to put it down to good reflexes the emerald green's narrowed ever so slightly, But then what other explanation was there. "I guess..." she stated clearly unsure and fixed the books against her hip. Hesitating momentarily when he began to walk her mind was made up for her when she felt the grasp on her hand but she went along anyways. 

Liani set the books down on the edge of the table and dropped her bag at her feet before finally sitting down, she tucked a strand of coral  colored hair behind her ear and looked at the muffin. She was burst from her thought bubble when he asked her a question and realized she was being a bit anti-social. The girl gave herself a shake and sat up to pay attention. Her hands reached forward and she pulled the muffin close picking bits off with her fingers. "Me? well i umm its kinda nerdy i am doin 2 actually" she laughed a bit at that she wasn't trying to brag but people always gave her a crazy look when she told "Science, mainly biology like evolution, DNA stuff like that hmm i wanna work in a lab hopefully and um computer technology so hey you're laptop crashes i can fix that" she teased. "I mean they sound kinda boring but they're fun, what about you?" she asked popping a bite of muffin in her mouth and relishing the citrus taste while she waited for an answer.

@Eraticwanderer

Kara just raised an eyebrow clearly un-impressed when he felt the need to give her his full title and just who he oh so specifically was "Well i guess that explains the body guards then, good for you" she couldn't help the little tone of condescension that leaked into her voice and her eyes flicked to the side, she really was running late. This morning was hell....and this guy was setting off all sorts of alarm bells in her head but she couldn't put her finger on it. Her eyes shot back to him "Excuse me?" she asked when he said he didn't know who she really was "Hate to break you lil heart but i am who i say i am" she smiled ever so sweetly but it might as well have been dripping venom for all the warmth it held. 

The woman took a side step so she was no longer directly in front of him and could soon enough move off to continue her journey "I hear the cafe down the street below the library is supposed to be halfway decent, you enjoy yourself now" She said simply and started to walk. Kara looked at the security guards in her side vision and rolled her eyes, the guy clearly didn't need them from the way he walked so freely without them and he sure as hell didn't hold an air of someone who needed protecting. That and if the guards were going for subtly they failed dramatically they looked like they were ready to pounce on anything so the likely hood of not being spotted was slim. Kara let out a short laugh to herself and shook her head. 

@The Broken Mind

(sorry for late reply guys i was at work)

Users who are viewing this thread