Main Roleplay

Upon hearing that something of interest was found, L waltzed himself quickly over to Ib and saw the mysterious paper in her hand with something that was definetly encrypted to keep out of the wrong eyes. Nonetheless this was something L identified, it was the Atbash cipher, and he knew a bit about answering ciphers. He took a glance at it and immediately came up with this.

"I see, they are encrypting this, they are quite smart, trying to keep this info out of our hands... Nonetheless we should be able to crack this... This is the Atbash cipher, so for those who do not know, all you have to do is reverse the letter, for example A is Z and B is Y and so on and so forth... So by looking at this... I can deduce the 1st letter is F, and the last letter of the message is K."

(For those who are looking at the paper, the way this will work, is everyone will input one word they figure out in order, I started off by giving a hint to the first letter of it, and the last letter of it.)

Decrypted Message so far:

'F _____________ K' (The space between the words is not accurate because I am not going to spend all that time formatting it, this will develop further as people input their thought into whatever is in the encrypted message.)

Nick looked over the code and he couldn't really understand it. He had dealt with codes in the past, but those were rather simplistic. You didn't really need any great skills to decipher codes made by a strung out raiders. Nick sighed and decided to leave the code breaking to the supposed experts, Nick instead was going to investigate corridor some more remembering that guard had been looking towards something else.

@The Omen of Death

Dipper knew how Atbash ciphers worked. He was good at codes and letter based puzzles but was far better at mathematical equations. He would be better at them but that wasn't to say he wouldn't do this cipher. He looked at L. "Leave it to me," he said. "I'll figure it out." It was easy to solve Atbash ciphers mostly to how someone could just write down the letters of the alphabet in a line the write the alphabet backwards next to it. All anyone would ever need is a piece of paper and a pen but Dipper had grown to be more clever than that over the years. He would easily be able to visualise it in his head. All he needed was time.

Ib has never seen cipher before. But she is willing learn how it's done. Observing the adults trying to decode the cipher. Ib was a bit bored out. She scrolled her eyes inside the entire room she was in and noticed that not everyone was in the same room. She wanted to go and look for them but she might get scolded by Dipper again for wandering. Dipper seems to be a bit more strict on her. Disobeying him might get her to some classic punishment like the old belt whipping or ear pinching. Which her decision to stay. "Have you seen our other friends? She asked the adults inside the room.

(Since no one is stating anything on the matter, I am just gonna get the first two words out of the way for everyone, to push this along. I also legitimately thought I posted a reply. lol.)

L pondered over the encrypted message and was now able to make out two words in the beginning. "Ah, I see. The first two words are 'For' 'Those' currently I cannot think as to as to what 'those' are referring too, but doing some further reading will show more too it."

Current Decrypted Text:

'For those ___________ k'

L then looked down at Ib and stated "They are currently checking out the other room, I did-" He stopped cold, as he heard footsteps, he peered to the side to see 3 guards walking down the hallway of another area, but they paid no mind, they were set on a course elsewhere, obviously they didn't hear the commotion in this current room. "Ok, thank god... Guards were coming by..." He then replied to Catherine. "Yeah we still have the key, why is there another door with a keycard acceptor? Also what kind of cage is it?"

"A... Cage. With bars." Catherine replied "Protecting something I can't tell what it is." She told them, before explaining what it looked like (I for the life of me can not figure out Omen's description of it for some reason, even though it sounds simple, sorry)

"And yes, there is a door." She added, at the end.

@The Omen of Death

~Max~

He walked over after a while, and glanced at the cypher. He attempted to put the last word together. "What the... no that can't be right." He tried again, and got the same outcome. "Strange..." He looked at L. "L? Can you verify something for me? I think I know what the last word is, but it just seems... odd."

Dipper kept rereading the cipher and trying to solve it. He definitely knew what it was after a while of figuring out. The cipher was a good way of hiding the word but if you forgot it then you'd have to go through an overly long and complex method just to find a few words. It was pretty silly in his opinion.

"Got it," he stated and turned to the computer monitor. He fired up the computer, "The answer's quite stupid. Who'd want to go through switching letters of words corresponding to the alphabet when you can just remember something. It was a waste of time them making that Cipher if you ask me."

L finally looked over the entire thing, and decoded it. There were two things that jumped out at him, he silently took this in, and glared at Max as he asked him to verify his suspicions. "Yes, and that's exactly what it is... It's odd... But symbolic..."

Fully Decrypted Message:

'For those who have recently been converted, the password is: ragnarok'

"That's supposed to be the Norse end of mythological cycle, AKA the day the world ends, and the world restarts anew. Like a doomsday Armageddon day of judgement scenario... But what truly stands out at me, is the word 'converted' which could mean two things, 1. This has to be a religious cult like group in the multiverse with some weird purpose or 2. It's a brainwashing operation for something sinister, pertaining to the multiverse..."

L then looked at Dipper who stated he solved it, and went to input the code. "Well, to give our captors some credit Dipper, not many people know how to decipher a message, even if it is simple. They gave no indication this was the Atbash one, but there is a pattern I detected that shows that it was Atbash, had we been people with no knowledge of Ciphers, we most likely would have no indication as to how to solve it, nor what it was in the first place... Nonetheless let's see what comes up..."

The password was accepted, and as the screen blared to life, there seemed to only be one thing that could be salvaged, someway, somehow the rest was corrupted. The only one that was available for reading, which was actually the only thing on the screen read as follows.

Received 3 hours ago

Subject: Subjects Successfully Acquired.

Sender: REDACTED

Beginning Message

As per the orders received, the subjects have just recently been acquired, we successfully drugged them and brought them in. One of them however was quite troublesome, as he was actually slated to die when we arrived betrayed by his own former leader the one called "Griffith". Nonetheless, we got this subject out and had to kill some demons on the way out. Another interesting case, was the little girl, we had to figure out the painstaking process to get in, yet we were able to then easily able to bypass the rule by which you are supposed to escape by. Another interesting case that needed care, was taking in a teenager in a school that had everyone trapped and having the only way out being murdering a student without being caught, we simply had to make sure we got the student at a time where he was not being targeted, which was simple enough. Now most of these individuals are noted by being quite intelligent, with there being some exceptions... Nonetheless, these individuals should wake up in 3 hours, and then we shall hopefully be prepared to convert them in 5 hours, their intelligence shall provide quite the resource for us in the coming future.

End of Message

L read this with much intrigue and his interest piqued. This was looking out to be quite the mystery, but it actually came with some concern as to what this place was, who their captors are what whatever this is plan is.

As Catherine, looked at the metal bar encasing around where the activator for the Alarm was, it could be deduced by an observant eye that trying to poke around with baton to go and shock the thing, would be tedious and annoying and long, but possible to tamper with.

Last edited by a moderator:
    As the group of recently escaped prisoners finished solving the simple cipher, a voice rang from the doorway of the barren room while the others' backs were turned. 

"Hey," the male voice said simply.

As the others turned to see the unknown new arrival, they began to notice his features. The young man had shocks of bleach-white, spiky hair, and he wore a green hoodie with a white tee underneath. The tee had a red swirl of some sort designed on the front, as well.

The man was casually leaned up on the metal doorframe, his arms crossed. Despite knowing absolutely nothing about anyone in the room, he seemed pretty unconcerned about the chances he was taking by standing here in the open like this.

IMG_1977.PNG

"I knew I'd find you guys eventually. You left such a good trail, after all, so it'd be hard to get lost. It's strange, isn't it? Waking up in a prison cell I've never seen before only to find it wide open when I wake up...it's just my luck for things to work out like that!" He said cheerfully.

L glanced behind himself and saw the newcomer, "Ah, I see you were recently abducted as well, well looks like we did not account everyone. Anyway, you may want to take a look at this screen. It's got at least one answer. But leads to many other questions... Anyway it is nice to make your acquaintance I am L."

Judeau tenses up a bit, people with white hair brought back bittersweet memories of his commander 'Griffith' "H-hello there! My name is Judeau, I am just a mercenary." He spoke quickly

As the group of recently escaped prisoners finished solving the simple cipher, a voice rang from the doorway of the barren room while the others' backs were turned. 

As the others turned to see the unknown new arrival, they began to notice his features. The young man had shocks of bleach-white, spiky hair, and he wore a green hoodie with a white tee underneath. The tee had a red swirl of some sort designed on the front, as well.

The man was casually leaned up on the metal doorframe, his arms crossed. Despite knowing absolutely nothing about anyone in the room, he seemed pretty unconcerned about the chances he was taking by standing here in the open like this.

"I knew I'd find you guys eventually. You left such a good trail, after all, so it'd be hard to get lost. It's strange, isn't it? Waking up in a prison cell I've never seen before only to find it wide open when I wake up...it's just my luck for things to work out like that!" He said cheerfully.

Anyway it is nice to make your acquaintance I am L."

"H-hello there! My name is Judeau, I am just a mercenary." He spoke quickly

IMG_1978.PNG

"Komaeda. Let's skip the formalities for now, shall we?" He said dismissively as he promptly moved over to the screen they were all gathered at.

He stood still in front of the screen, scanning the message over for a few seconds.

Another interesting case that needed care, was taking in a teenager in a school that had everyone trapped and having the only way out being murdering a student without being caught, we simply had to make sure we got the student at a time where he was not being targeted, which was simple enough. Now most of these individuals are noted by being quite intelligent, with there being some exceptions... Nonetheless, these individuals should wake up in 3 hours, and then we shall hopefully be prepared to convert them in 5 hours, their intelligence shall provide quite the resource for us in the coming future.

IMG_1979.PNG

"Wow...to think that someone like me was worth kidnapping to someone else...now, that's something I don't hear everyday. Does this make me someone else's hope, I wonder?" Nagito mused. He stalled in front of the message on the screen, and he seemed to be rather unfixated on the people around him now as he lay deep in thought about something.

Meena and Judeau looked at each other "I may be in the same rank as these people, but my intelligence lies in human understanding..." Judeau sighs 

"Really? Because I was more of a strategist." Meena felt unsure if either of them belonged with these people 

"Komaeda. Let's skip the formalities for now, shall we?" He said dismissively as he promptly moved over to the screen they were all gathered at.

He stood still in front of the screen, scanning the message over for a few seconds.

"Wow...to think that someone like me was worth kidnapping to someone else...now, that's something I don't hear everyday. Does this make me someone else's hope, I wonder?" Nagito mused. He stalled in front of the message on the screen, and he seemed to be rather unfixated on the people around him now as he lay deep in thought about something.

~Ari~

"Great. ANOTHER person..." she said sarcastically.

~Max~

Max approached the stranger, hoping he wouldn't be freaked out by his appearance. (Look back in the rp for detailed description.) "Don't mind her." Max said about Ari. "I'm Max. My specialties are the sciences. All of them." He paused. "That's Ari," he stated, pointing at Ari, "She's a bit of an ass." Blood started seeping through the home made bandage, but Max didn't seem to give a shit. He simply ripped off another piece of his robe and tied it around his head. It would stop the bleeding... at least for a while.

While everyone got acquainted with the newcomer, Catherine simply acknowledged his existence with a nod before returning to waiting for the keycard from L so she could check out that door in the other room.

Something about this guy's hair, though... It was familiar in its Selkie-like color, yet the style... Was just all wrong. It weirded her out.

"this isn't Griffith, you can calm down." Judeau muttered under his breath "This isn't the man who killed the ones you love... this isn't the man you followed for years, only to be betrayed at the end..." Judeau kept saying to himself over and over 

Ib watched the adults pull the magic of their intelligence on how to solve the cipher. Ib was rather impressed that these people. She thought these people are the world's greatest detectives in disguise. Ib stared at the computer trying to read the message. There are some words she didn't understand, but she understand the concept of the message. She felt a little nervous about the whole situation. She's starting to get confused on what was going on. All she knew is that she was still in that life threatening museum now she's captured for some reason. This really made her scratch her head.

Ib noticed that a newcomer has arrived in the scene. She intently stared to the newcomer. This newly arrived individual seems to have slight resemblance of Garry. Although this could not be him for he his personality has a huge difference than the Garry she knows. Ib wanted to speak to this male individual. She approached the man from behind and gave him a warm greeting. "Hello." Ib greeted with a cold yet polite tone.

~Ari~

Ari didn't seem to like the newcomer. But she knew that she would have to try and get along. "I'm Ari..." she stated. "And I'm an ass-" Max cut her off.

~Max~

"Yup! You most certainly are an ass!"

~Ari~

She muttered something under her breath. She seemed annoyed. "Let me try again." She said, annoyed. "I'm Ari..." She glared at Max. "...and I'm an assasin."

Meena and Judeau laughed a bit

~Ari~

Ari didn't seem to like the newcomer. But she knew that she would have to try and get along. "I'm Ari..." she stated. "And I'm an ass-" Max cut her off.

~Max~

"Yup! You most certainly are an ass!"

~Ari~

She muttered something under her breath. She seemed annoyed. "Let me try again." She said, annoyed. "I'm Ari..." She glared at Max. "...and I'm an assasin."

L nodded at the newcomers very simple acknowledgement, and continued to analyze this message, it was obvious that they all were important to whomever they were up against's plans. He read over each detail constantly, trying to find patterns, absolutely any new leads he could go off of. Though with the advent of the fact that they woke up 3 hours ago and they were supposed to be 'converted' in 5 hours, this meant they had only 2 hours to get out of this place, before the entire facility would be after them.

"Well, it seems we only have 2 hours to get out of here, before the whole facility know's we escaped and we are actually chased by them... But it sounds as if the the scenario some of us were taken out of our own universes was much more interesting than others... They are also keeping quite a lot of secrets of the nature of their own members, but I think I can deduce that this message was intended for a higher up, and that it was sent from this console, shortly after all of us were put in our cells. Due to the nature of reporting the success of this. I don't think I can explain however, why everything else on this is corrupted... Nor how that can be solved... But their up and coming plans seem to beckon on the hope that we would become 'converted' or whatever form of brainwashing or some other force, that causes our captors to have a dark aura around them."

Though when L pondered that thought, he actually figured this part out.

"Actually, I think I just figured out what that may be, knowing that we have to throw out some ideas of what is 'normal' this 'conversion' could be some form of corruption that causes a dark aura around them... Although, this does not truly answer anything else... Now as it seems, that is probably all this room will offer us, besides these two doors."

L then finally looked to see Catherine to then give her the keycard to try again on the next door in the other room. He finally then handed over the card, and walked over to check out this next room.

Catherine took the keycard and headed to the other room with L. 2 hours, huh? That wasn't much time. At least, it wasn't for how big she assumed the building they were in was. Who knows, maybe this next door was the way out. Or maybe it'd take days for them to find an exit somewhere.

They needed a map.

~Max~

"So let me get this straight. We have no idea how to get out of this complex, and we have a time limit..." He sounded like he was about to rant, but then he said, "Meh. I've been in worse situations."

Users who are viewing this thread